in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Potato!

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 3

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Concerns about aether path: so far it is still one of the most fun but also rather difficult pathes in games (i dare to say mechanically harder than a lot of fractal instances). How is nerfing dungeon rewards will affect this specific path? The path is already quite unrewarding and it is hard to find players to do it. Wouldn’t nerf to this path make it completely obsolete?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Dante.1523

Dante.1523

Concerns about aether path: so far it is still one of the most fun but also rather difficult pathes in games (i dare to say mechanically harder than a lot of fractal instances). How is nerfing dungeon rewards will affect this specific path? The path is already quite unrewarding and it is hard to find players to do it. Wouldn’t nerf to this path make it completely obsolete?

Isn’t that kind of the point of all this?

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Inb4 we have to pay to enter Dungeons :^)

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

I sure am glad they are adding all those new fractals now that they have clearly stated they don’t want us to play dungeons at all.

Oh what’s that? They aren’t adding any new fractals? And they are adding a system where it would be difficult for them to add new fractals at all since now every tier from 1-100 has a specific fractal, leaving no room for new ones in there?

Wow, it looks like ArenaNET is bending their playerbase over again with some uneeded changes… yipee.

Hype for HoT yesterday : 9/10
Hype for HoT today : 0/10

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

I bet half of these developers don’t even have a spine some of these responses how can someone be so out of touch with their own product and playerbase

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

You know, the worst part is that I don’t even do dungeons anymore but this is just such a pathetic slap in the face to players that enjoy dungeons that it just bothers me.

If anything, these changes probably fit my current playstyle more but… really? Why would you want to remove you one of the main appeal of your game for thousands of players?! It makes no sense, none whatsoever. They spent a lot of time making these dungeons even if they stopped supporting them a long time ago. Fractals can’t replace the sheer amount of hours a person can sink into dungeons, and raids are going to be weekly either way so no go there either.

They literally want everyone playing open world zones. That’s what we’re supposed to do apparently. Not challenging or interesting content, just open world press 1 and get rich. Either that or everyone needs to become WvW or PvP players.

I mean, I’m going to do the open world stuff. I did everything on all of my characters (story, LS2, mapping, etc) and I will do the same in HoT. Why did you need to throw dungeons in the basement just to incite me to do what I would’ve done either way?

I think I’m just going to start playing the TP after I’m done the achievements/exploration/etc…

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I get that people are upset but why do people have to clutter this forum with their own topics? Everyone thinks their opinion is so super important that it deserves its own topic?

I don’t quite understand it either, maybe they think ANet is more likely to see it this way? I don’t know.

@Acotje: You say that, but there’s games that actually require entrance items for certain dungeons. The difference is, you can actually get good items out of those and at the same time, farm for guaranteed items rewarded through quests.

Taku.6352

I get that people are upset but why do people have to clutter this forum with their own topics? Everyone thinks their opinion is so super important that it deserves its own topic?

I don’t quite understand it either, maybe they think ANet is more likely to see it this way? I don’t know.

@Acotje: You say that, but there’s games that actually require entrance items for certain dungeons. The difference is, you can actually get good items out of those and at the same time, farm for guaranteed items rewarded through quests.

Some want attention, some are clueless, some just rage post without even trying to look forward relevant thread and knowing Anet tries to gather all threads into one messy megathread and then completely ignore them.

Also most threads now on this subforum were probably posted under general and subsequently moved here by over zealous mods.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Some want attention, some are clueless, some just rage post without even trying to look forward relevant thread and knowing Anet tries to gather all threads into one messy megathread and then completely ignore them.

Also most threads now on this subforum were probably posted under general and subsequently moved here by over zealous mods.

Probably. Oh well.
I just wish they would’ve shown us the updated gold-reward tables, because now I’ll have to pug as many dungeons as I can until HoT release to get gold back in before we end up with amazing rewards like 75s for Arah p4 (exaggerated of course).

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

You don’t spend a lot of time reading the General discussion sub, do you ?
It is motivated by laziness, to not read other thread and just express what goes through your head. In most of those threads, the OP write something, people answer and OP will never re appear to give answer or arguments. At some point I was wondering if some people used the “create topic” button instead of the reply one….
It is why I like a format like reddit where people actually vote for what is more interesting so that you are not “polluted” by single post threads when you open it.
There is a +1 button here but I still fail to see if it has any form of usefulness.

Posted by: Dante.1523

Dante.1523

You say that like it’s only a possibility.

Attachments:

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

why the f the need to nerf dungoens reword realy it the only reason soom people ifen to it but why why the hate dungeon runners mean reword was the only reason new player to dungones and now u remove it wtf

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Think I’ll use this if I get a new credit card.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Amazing.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Pretty much this.

Trying not to get sucked into the hysteria, but between flat out ignoring the undocumented changes, exploits, and bugs in both dungeons and fractals, followed by this news, my hope for the future of this game is gone. The reward change in and of itself isn’t so bad, it’s just the last straw. Rather than attempt to fix the content, they’re trying to force people out of it so they don’t have to. I suppose I just want to play a game that gives a flying kitten about maintaining their content for a change.

Raids look promising still, but this attitude they have regarding (not) supporting or fixing their content is unsettling, to say the least.

I already preordered and put together a raid guild, so I guess I might as well stick it out and see how that goes, but…yeah…Anyone know their refund policy? I probably can’t get one since I went into a beta?

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I already preordered and put together a raid guild, so I guess I might as well stick it out and see how that goes, but…yeah…Anyone know their refund policy? I probably can’t get one since I went into a beta?

I doubt you can get a refund, since it’s a digital purchase and bound to your existing account.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I knew the last two weeks were too good to be true. The longer the forum cryhards go without shedding tears the more overwrought and pathetic their inevitable outburst becomes.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Well, I guess there goes my chance of ever getting my dungeoneer collections done …

You can always pvp. :^)

I’m lousy at pvp, and solo pvp is far worse than pugging dungeons. Anyway, at my current rate of one weapon box every other week from pvp it’ll be ages before I get anywhere, despite the fact that I’m only missing 2-5 weapons from 6 of the 8 dungeon collections …

Well, I guess it’s high time for a pity party, with guildies acting weird, real life down the drain, this kind of fits in …

Its a sad thing, but so was closing my doors for the last time. except now i get to open a new one. and all of us are faced with new challenges. and new things to create and do.

have some faith you all.

see you in game.

I guess you’re right … let’s hope I’ll see it like that tomorrow. Good luck to you!

They only cut down on gold, not the token rewards, so you should be able to complete then Dungeoneer Collection with the same pace you currently have. If you need help to get a group in, let me know, I’ll come flying.

@Chef I have seafood udon noodles at my place if you’re tired of cooking for yourself at all. Stay strong, friend!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Iris Ng.9845

If ANet is successful in introducing deflation back to the economy (pump more mats, balance the scarcity of the items, reduce gold generation, etc.), your gold will become more valuable, and so does it lowers the gold to gems exchange rate. I think it’s worth a caution to hold on to your gold reserve for a future use after HoT and try not to hoard too many luxury and big ticket items (skins, precursors, etc.)

But then Halloween is rolling out, so good luck!

Also J. Smith has words that he’s looking into adding valuable mats into dungeons to shift its values from solely gold to more tangible rewards. I hope it would means less Blue/Green and more Rare quality or T6 mats.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I knew the last two weeks were too good to be true. The longer the forum cryhards go without shedding tears the more overwrought and pathetic their inevitable outburst becomes.

I’ve missed you, Nike <3

NovaanVerdiano.6174

That orrian truly is a wizard. Interestingly enough, they’re stuck in place, too.

Attachments:

Posted by: censord.8679

censord.8679

With the current rate of the inflation of certain items, i can’t see how causal and new players will every catch up, dungeons was always a good way to keep up with the inflation.

Posted by: FoXX.4159

FoXX.4159

To all the dungeoning community out there, from what i’ve read on the forums, reddit and other sites, about this, and from John statement , that Dungeons will be left to die, or be removed in the near future (this is me thinking), can we allow them do this without having nothing to say? Can we realy not stop them in removing something we enjoy in this game ?

Q -> Anet : Tell me in wich game did your company seen , content this big beeing removed , or destroyed? In wich game wich had dungeons from the begining they removed because people are playing it ? Actualy, wtf did you guys played for the past 20 years ?

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

I sure am glad they are adding all those new fractals now that they have clearly stated they don’t want us to play dungeons at all.

Oh what’s that? They aren’t adding any new fractals? And they are adding a system where it would be difficult for them to add new fractals at all since now every tier from 1-100 has a specific fractal, leaving no room for new ones in there?

Wow, it looks like ArenaNET is bending their playerbase over again with some uneeded changes… yipee.

Absolutely right about the fractals. In order to add a new fractal to the rotation they would need to change the rotation each time. Anet has no hindsight which has always been their biggest problem.

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

If ANet is successful in introducing deflation back to the economy (pump more mats, balance the scarcity of the items, reduce gold generation, etc.), your gold will become more valuable, and so does it lowers the gold to gems exchange rate. I think it’s worth a caution to hold on to your gold reserve for a future use after HoT and try not to hoard too many luxury and big ticket items (skins, precursors, etc.)

But then Halloween is rolling out, so good luck!

Also J. Smith has words that he’s looking into adding valuable mats into dungeons to shift its values from solely gold to more tangible rewards. I hope it would means less Blue/Green and more Rare quality or T6 mats.

No, they aren’t removing the gold that dungeons provided. They are moving it to fractals. There is no deflation happening because of this, just anet’s attempt to force their players to stop dungeoning.

Iris Ng.9845

With the current rate of the inflation of certain items, i can’t see how causal and new players will every catch up, dungeons was always a good way to keep up with the inflation.

The more gold is pumped to the economy, the more demand (buyers with gold) overcomes supply (mat/item sellers), the more inflation will be driven up. The new players will never catch up if they keep the same one track mindset of farm gold, more gold and even more gold to chase after an item with a competitive price – The race in which new players will never win against veterans who have amassed enough wealth to outbid them. What Anet is doing is to look at the economy as a whole and shift the power from the sellers (mostly Trading Post Barons) to the buyers. Surely you will earn less gold from dungeons, but your gold is worth more and you can afford more goods. It also seems from J.Smith that doing a variety of things in the game will net you more income than fixating only to dungeons. They most certainly don’t bar you from earning gold through trading trophies with other players (for example, PvP trophies, WvW trophies, BL skins, crafting mats). So new players, given the chance to explore all the aspects of the game, have many income venues. Well, unless they are gold sellers soly relying on dungeons, then… Idk~

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I wonder… Lupi’s AA hitting in melee range wasn’t a documented/intended change, was it? I mean it’s probably one of those things that were suddenly there but no one knows why and for what reason, but I’m still curious

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I wonder… Lupi’s AA hitting in melee range wasn’t a documented/intended change, was it? I mean it’s probably one of those things that were suddenly there but no one knows why and for what reason, but I’m still curious

It was never documented. Last time when people were asking wtf is going on with lupi redpost said that he can get fired for answering or something like that. It was looooong time ago.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

It was never documented. Last time when people were asking wtf is going on with lupi redpost said that he can get fired for answering or something like that. It was looooong time ago.

Oh, I thought that was regarding the OS-method. Guess both things got mentioned in that topic.
Well, not like it’s going to get fixed, but this AA surely makes it a whole lot more difficult to solo.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Players going to be so strong with the new elite specializations that I imagine that the dungeon paths which have minimal time gates will be blazed through twice as quickly.

I kind of wish that they would have a Daily Dungeon again that would reward the current amount of gold, or maybe they could have guaranteed item drops instead like load stones and such thematic to the dungeon.

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

FoXX.4159

To all the dungeoning community out there, from what i’ve read on the forums, reddit and other sites, about this, and from John statement , that Dungeons will be left to die, or be removed in the near future (this is me thinking), can we allow them do this without having nothing to say? Can we realy not stop them in removing something we enjoy in this game?

Not to be flip here, but there was never anything for the community to allow or approve of. What’s more, apparently players complaining about having something they’ve spent for -something much enjoyed- being deprecated in order to force a method of play on them that they might not necessarily want is now ‘crying.’ Who knew?

Yet it seems puffing yourself up and being e-tuff on an internet message board, denigrating your fellow gamers when your own chosen method of play isn’t affected is cruise control for cool.

NikeEU.7690

In all the complaints I’ve read as of this announcement, I haven’t seen dungeon enthusiasts calling for raids, fractals, wvw, or spvp be removed or to have their rewards lessened. Yet it’s open season now to dump on the dungeon community and label them ‘cryhards?’

All anyone has said here is that they(Anet) could have kept rewards the same for dungeons, then added inducements to fractals and their newer raids and little would have been changed for the negative. Choice is a good thing, right?

And even so, there are only so many hours in any given day for any given playstyle. It isn’t as though the Guild Wars Two community is a collective of round-the-clock robots bent on gathering gold every day all day before their hearts blow out at their computer desks. But that’s the way these changes are being represented.

If we’re to believe the devs here, the flow of dungeon gold is somehow, single-handedly ruining a pretend economy and a pretend world where the operators of both manipulate every aspect of both and continue to do so with zero transparency. Anet sets the gem to gold conversion rates. Anet sets the scarcity of collectible commodities from nodes and monster loots in the game world. But ‘dungeons are to blame and so we’re disincintivising them by having their liquid rewards reduced.’ I see- so it’s less gold from dungeons, ‘cause reasons.’

Is it any wonder the ‘cryhards’ would complain about this sort of hatchet surgery?

Seems rather simple to me. Don’t enjoy dungeons? Don’t play them. Don’t enjoy or want to keep developing dungeons any further? Then don’t and more power to you. But it you want to get more players playing fractals/raids, here’s a notion -make them fun and worth playing without ruining the existing dungeon experience.

Over the last few years I’ve watched GW2 devolve from inclusivity, multiple roads to reward, and, ‘play how you want to’ to, ‘Play how you want to so long as it’s how and where we tell you to play.’

It’s sad to see a one-time innovator feel that in order to compete they have to backslide and trace the steps of the competitors they’d once ridiculed when carving out their own niche in the MMO space. But this is where we are.

Some would disagree and call this doom-saying, others will agree and add that this game seems to be living on borrowed time. Whatever the case, it’s never a good sign for a game’s longevity when being a bunch of divisive kittenbags to to one segment of its community is condoned, if not quietly/tacitly endorsed, by the game’s management so long as it dovetails with their current design philosophy.

(edited by Iozeph.5617)

Posted by: Atlas.4509

Atlas.4509

Good riddance I say.

Sure, it’d be great if they could fix the dungeons but realistically it would just take too much time and development resources to do so practically. So if they aren’t going to be fixed, I’d rather their rewards be shifted to other, more enjoyable activities

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Been burnt out on gw for about a month now. Finding this harder and harder to get back into although I am looking forward to scrapper, I’m not sure how long that will last.

Been nice to be able to buy fractal 50 after a long hard day at work

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Nokaru.7831

Welp, Druids now provide both healing and damage! (Link)

Grace of the Land: This trait has been re-worked. Instead of its former behavior, allies affected by your celestial avatar abilities gain 3% damage and condition damage increase for 8 seconds. This buff stacks 5 times.

I thought the whole point of pushing for dedicated healing was for the healing, not for some healer that also boosts damage. Maybe I’m wrong about this, but it just feels really gross.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I’ve been thinkin’. People are really upset over the dungeon thing. No, not the reward nerf, the whole agonising that’s been going on for years now. People still like running them, despite everything, and still talk about it after years.

You know I like to fantasize. Or perhaps you don’t, not that I care. I let my imagination run and— I wonder if somewhere, a handful of game developers know how many trashcanners have been enjoying their work on a daily basis; how many people have met through dungeon running? Do they know there’s nothing I’ve enjoyed more in gw2, and well, I may have been wrong in saying I wouldn’t run them if they gave no rewards? Do they know I “miss” dungeons a little, even if I can still run them – I just miss the updates to ‘em?
Those devs have been laid off for one reason or another, but not because we didn’t like what they did with intent and dedication; do they know it?
I wonder if those devs can know it and smile.

A 5 years younger me could’ve written a good story with this, lol. It’d be so easy to come up with great characterisation for a passionate and well-intentioned dev. MMOs sure are something special, with their internal, sometimes exclusive communities and with the ever-changing virtual world. In a way, it’s like our character, our digital alter ego (our account) is communicating with the gods [devs], isn’kitten I like the idea. Oh, it surely has been done already, but… just be honest when you write your story, as King would say

… and why would a supporter boosting the dps’ damage be gross, lol. What games have you been playing

Nokaru.7831

What games have you been playing

Mostly because in this game when you specialize into healing, you give up damage. Bringing a Druid used to mean that your raid would deal less damage, but you gained the Druid’s healing; you had to weigh your options. But a trait like this just makes it a no-brainer because you get both now. (Or at least it can make up enough of its damage loss)

deSade.9437

You said it feels gross because a dedicated healer is supposed to heal and not boost party damage. First of all, nowhere has Irenio said a druid is meant to exclusively heal and become a monk, and with good cause, because he would’ve looked like an idiot. He simply said “heavy healing”, that’s all. I reckon Ventadude would be considered “heavy” healer too, just less specialised. Rev is more on the hybrid side.
Pve druids heal (a lot), cc, do damage, BOOST THE PARTY WITH SPIRITS AND SPOTTER.
(they don’t stop being rangers)
Now they gonna boost damage some more, with restrictions to partymates hit by astral abilities; with the current icd of 10s on astral form (if I read right), it doesn’t seem like such a strange thing, nor particularly op. We gotta wait… especially… forgive me for being partial, especially because it’s ranger. Wanna give the class some breathing room while we figure out if it’s broken or not? Is a tanky warrior with dps banners broken? I don’t think so. We gotta see.
If you specialise into healing, you do give up damage. If you go clerics you’re gonna hit like a wet noodle and heal like… well, heal more. Try out anchor vs mossie and tell me if you don’t give up damage for godly survivability. Buut, your dps modifiers are still there. Your party buffs are still there. Your aegis/boons are still there.
BUT, you said feel, and I don’t pick on other people’s emotions; so, if you feel it’s wrong to buff your party and heal at the same time, that’s cool. I just don’t see it as something “gross” or strange, or unprecedented. Banners are so kitten strong and I don’t see many people (some phiws, I guess?) appalled at warriors being pretty much in every team ever because of the incredible party buffs. They don’t scale on gear either, do they?
Monks were healers, monks could also be insane enchanters… but yeah, they were a no brainer. I don’t know if it’ll be op, alright! \0/

kitteny and irrational parenthesis***
… but since it’s ranger, now that rangers are actually gonna be WANTED because they bring UNIQUE things, because they do something good – now that they do something better than other classes, yeah, now people freak out! Now people are gonna make it sound like they’re gods at everything and all raids are magically gonna turn into “lf1 druid”, as if it weren’t already happening everywhere with warrs or guards or my grandma in a bathrobe! Didn’t you want a trinity, huh? Well, that’s what happens when you convince people there’s a trinity! People are gonna look for a healer to carry them, boo hoo! They actually got a couple of pets with reliable evades, that don’t die in a spit, and people are already crying nerf! Gaahhh blblblbl
*end of whiny parenthesis*

Nokaru.7831

Well, I don’t really know where to begin to respond to what you said because that was quite a mouthful. The only thing I wanted to be clear of is that I’m not “freaking out” because the Druid is bringing something unique, because Rangers always brought something unique. (Spotter, Spirits) I’m just rolling my eyes at the thought of another group damage multiplier being added to the game, especially one without any restrictions on the group the Druid is actually in, and the fact it is on the “first healer specialization.”

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I guess you could refer to it as a support specialization and there would be no problem.

Taku.6352

There’s nothing wrong with the “healer” also providing dps boost. For example in Tera which is a clear cut trinity MMO both healer classes provide ample party dps boosts in addition to healing.

Nokaru.7831

There’s nothing wrong with the “healer” also providing dps boost. For example in Tera which is a clear cut trinity MMO both healer classes provide ample party dps boosts in addition to healing.

From what I remember (and it’s been a few years) in Tera the healers could not provide their DPS boost while healing. Healing would interrupt the uptime of these buffs. Basically, healers could boost the damage of their party when they all took minimal damage. I like that model personally.

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Fun fact :
yesterday I was discussing with my guildies about dungeon reward nerf until someone tells “Bah! who cares about tokens, we run dungeons for gold, so no problem that they nerf token…”
To what I answered it was the opposite but they claimed I did understand wrong. I checked and yes, on the french translation fo the blogpost they say that tokens will be nerfed, nothing about gold

Conclusion : if you are unhappy with the dungeon nerf, just come and play on french servers……or just discuss with your translators to be sure they did the right job

deSade.9437

Ehhh but apparently druids are “dedicated healers” and aren’t supposed to do anything but healz. Where he got that notion, I don’t really know, but whatever. The purest healer I can think of is HB monk, but even as a monk, a prot was better for preventing damage.
… jesus all these trinity-ers in the trashcan. I thought I could escape them in gw2, but apparently they’re too many for anet not to cater to (nominally at least).

If you think abt it, they’re smart. anet’s like “zerk meta isn’t gonna cut it!!!” and phiws get all wet, but at the same time they make it so that you need good dps to succeed. They shout things like “heavy healer!!!!!” and make trinity-ers swoon, but then they rebalance and adjust the healing scaling so it’s not too reliant on staff/heals.
I like this approach, really I do.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

We got a fractal lv50 buyer with 324 AP trying to bargain the price. So wierd, I think it was a second account or something.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

deSade.9437

Figured it’d be appropriate

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I’ve been absent from the froum for quite some time now, but the economy blog post got me to look what was going on here.

Maybe I overlooked it in the other comments, but I think dungeons actually still offer an interesting “currency”. Even if they nerf the gold into the abyss, a dungeon tour is one of the fastest ways to get experience in the game.
So if you want to unlock Old Tyria Masteries, I think a dungeon tour is still pretty useful in that regard. Especially if the experience cost for mastery unlocks they used in the 3rd beta weekend are any indicator for the cost on higher tier masteries.

So unless Anet decides this makes getting XP for Old Tyria Masteries too easy and changes this, maybe this is at least a bit of an incentive to do dungeons. Granted once your masteries are unlocked, the dungeons become most likely pretty obsolete for you in terms of rewards. Still it is something to keep in mind, I think.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I’ve been absent from the froum for quite some time now, but the economy blog post got me to look what was going on here.

Maybe I overlooked it in the other comments, but I think dungeons actually still offer an interesting “currency”. Even if they nerf the gold into the abyss, a dungeon tour is one of the fastest ways to get experience in the game.
So if you want to unlock Old Tyria Masteries, I think a dungeon tour is still pretty useful in that regard. Especially if the experience cost for mastery unlocks they used in the 3rd beta weekend are any indicator for the cost on higher tier masteries.

So unless Anet decides this makes getting XP for Old Tyria Masteries too easy and changes this, maybe this is at least a bit of an incentive to do dungeons. Granted once your masteries are unlocked, the dungeons become most likely pretty obsolete for you in terms of rewards. Still it is something to keep in mind, I think.

Anyone got a chance to test how much exp dungeons give when you level masteries? Is it same ~177k exp you get at level 80 or it scales with exp required to fill mastery bar?

Taku.6352

Core masteries weren’t available during BWEs so couldn’t test.