General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 3

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I’m always on a tight budget since HoT came out
No Christmas gifts to everyone this year because I’m so broke >.<"

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

I missed all the drama on this subforum.

grabs popcorn

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Just curious, but for those that have leveled to 100, what were some of the least fun Fractals you have played? For me it was 64, 74 and 91 .

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

For me it was 61, 75 and 94. Everything else was at least sort of playable.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Today’s existential question : Chrono with Commander’s or Scrapper tank (Vale/Gorseval)?

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Just curious, but for those that have leveled to 100, what were some of the least fun Fractals you have played? For me it was 64, 74 and 91 .

Basically all Thaumanova-scales starting at 64 were the most boring ones.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Today’s existential question : Chrono with Commander’s or Scrapper tank (Vale/Gorseval)?

Scrapper tank comes down to how much you need/want slick shoes. For Gorseval I think the benefits of slick shoes is pretty great, for Vale Guard not at all.

Chrono tank is an interesting concept. The idea being that since you’re (probably) using shield phantasms your DPS sucks anyway so you might as well build tanky and be the aggro holder. It’s a fair point, however my criticism of the chrono tank concept is that it depends on your team comp and squad sub group comp. A group with an engie and 2 warriors? alacrity away! A group with 3 heralds and a power Thief? Those Illusionary Avengers aren’t getting you anything. I think people just assume Alacrity = always good and don’t take into consideration that Alacrity does more for some professions than others. You eventually can reach a point where Avengers aren’t worth it and you’re better off with Swordsmen and in that case you’re not better off being tanky. So TL;dr the party comp determines the value ceiling / floor of a chrono tank.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Scrapper tank comes down to how much you need/want slick shoes. For Gorseval I think the benefits of slick shoes is pretty great, for Vale Guard not at all.

Chrono tank is an interesting concept. The idea being that since you’re (probably) using shield phantasms your DPS sucks anyway so you might as well build tanky and be the aggro holder. It’s a fair point, however my criticism of the chrono tank concept is that it depends on your team comp and squad sub group comp. A group with an engie and 2 warriors? alacrity away! A group with 3 heralds and a power Thief? Those Illusionary Avengers aren’t getting you anything. I think people just assume Alacrity = always good and don’t take into consideration that Alacrity does more for some professions than others. You eventually can reach a point where Avengers aren’t worth it and you’re better off with Swordsmen and in that case you’re not better off being tanky. So TL;dr the party comp determines the value ceiling / floor of a chrono tank.

The shieldphantasm only gets created, when you fully cast your shieldblock. If you just interrupt your shieldblock after you successfully blocked the attack you wanted to block, then the avenger won’t get created and your dps phantasms (swordsmen) don’t get overwritten.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

NikeEU.7690

The shieldphantasm only gets created, when you fully cast your shieldblock. If you just interrupt your shieldblock after you successfully blocked the attack you wanted to block, then the avenger won’t get created and your dps phantasms (swordsmen) don’t get overwritten.

Was that in response to something I typed? I was commenting on the fact that Shield phantasms range from awesome to useless depending on your party comp and if they are in fact useless for your team then bringing a chrono tank is wasteful because you aren’t getting value out of that slot. Essentially you’re sacrificing DPS for a utility you might not need. But in the right party comp its a huge gain because alacrity can be OP. And the point about Swordsmen is that if you are using a tanky build and pumping out swordsmen why are you tanky at all?

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Was that in response to something I typed? I was commenting on the fact that Shield phantasms range from awesome to useless depending on your party comp and if they are in fact useless for your team then bringing a chrono tank is wasteful because you aren’t getting value out of that slot. Essentially you’re sacrificing DPS for a utility you might not need. But in the right party comp its a huge gain because alacrity can be OP. And the point about Swordsmen is that if you are using a tanky build and pumping out swordsmen why are you tanky at all?

Maybe i missunderstood your comment then, but i thought you meant that as a chrono-tank you have to play with shield phantasms.
Anyway, as a mesmer tank you don’t have to use a “tanky” build, a dps mesmer with domination, dueling and chronomancer brings plenty of invulnerability on his own, maybe bring the well of precognition if you want, but as mesmer there is really no need to go extra “tanky”.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Iris Ng.9845

I pick Chrono tank for Vale and Scrapper tank for Gorseval, simply based on the required proximity of the tank to the boss at all time. Scrapper is semi-range while Chrono is melee-based, so the more the tank needs to move ahead of the boss, the less useful a chrono tank would make. Chrono benefits a lot to heavy War/Tempest comp and in that light, they need to move with this sub-group more often.

I’ve also seen some splendid Druid tank at Gorseval.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

NikeEU.7690

Maybe i missunderstood your comment then, but i thought you meant that as a chrono-tank you have to play with shield phantasms.

What I am saying is, if you are not using shield phantasm (huge personal sacrifice) then there is no point in being a chrono tank (another personal sacrifice) and you shouldn’t be playing the role of tank at all.

The reason chrono tank as a concept works is because with 3x Avengers up your DPS is worthless anyway, so you aren’ t losing much of anything by going commanders/knights etc. Once you start mixing back in DPS phantasms your losses by speccing tanky become a very real consideration and it becomes much smarter to give the tanking role to someone else would surrenders less DPS to do so.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Miku Lawrence.6329

Thanks for insights folks o/

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

So should I invest in commanders armor or can a berserker tank chrono be enough for these raid bosses? So far only tanked VG in full zerker except a ring so not sure about the rest.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Has anyone found any items which work in raids?

So far:

• Fireworks
  • Gift From Scarlet
  • Musical Harp

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I finally managed to get a group together to advance my fractal level again, this time even a guild group. Since nobody was further into leveling fractals than me, we more or less had to do 57-59.

It went surprisingly smooth … except for the arm seals on cliffside, where we spent way more than an hour trying all kinds of different things, only to end up with a plain “run as fast as possible from one seal to the other” in the end.

I don’t think I’d want to redo that fractal very often in the future . What’s the next “worst case” fractal coming up?

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

i figured it out….

all of this constant whine….

they are the people that show up to my fine dining japanese/asian restaraunt …

and order chicken fingers.

good hell.

(edited by Ropechef.6192)

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Putting aside chicken fingers (boy does it sound wrong) for a second… I’ve been thinking. We always have trouble filling our last 1-3 slots for raiding; makes me wonder if there’s some non-beginner, non-kitten out there without a guild that would prefer a (barely) more static group over pugging. I’m tired of having to wait half an hour to fill the remaining slots so we can fail at a boss for 2000000 years since I have to invite without criterion.
There must be some good-at-the-game guy without an awful attitude out there, right? Eh, maybe not.

Ropechef.6192

NA here,

hit me up D, if you see me and need a slot filled

if you don’t mind a deaf, bitter, jaded chef

:)

deSade.9437

I don’t, I have a thing for chefs going on – problem is I’m EU trash :/ plz get EU acct n be wit kool kids

P.S. Is anyone else overwhelmed by the amount of ridiculous arguments about raids and overall rampaging phiwism? Because I am. I feel like I don’t even know what to post, because the topics are just so stupid.
P.P.S. plz hit me up ingame for raids or erping, we never have enough people for an orgy… sob

(edited by deSade.9437)

Ropechef.6192

I don’t, I have a thing for chefs going on – problem is I’m EU trash :/ plz get EU acct n be wit kool kids

P.S. Is anyone else overwhelmed by the amount of ridiculous arguments about raids and overall rampaging phiwism? Because I am. I feel like I don’t even know what to post, because the topics are just so stupid.
P.P.S. plz hit me up ingame for raids or erping, we never have enough people for an orgy… sob

i may have to do that,

after over 3 years of pugging with ocasional pickups from established guilds pugging me.

i may just need to move to EU, my normal playtime is your prime time.

research must be done.

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

How to put feedback on Lupi in time?

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Looks like some adventurous souls in my guild have decided to put together a guild raid group after all . I’m supposed to bring a ranged condi class … what would you suggest? I don’t have the scrapper or reaper unlocked yet, although I could probably do that (necro’s full sinister already, engi would need a new outfit since I’ve only got zerker and celestial on her for now).

Is there any viable ranged condi mesmer/chrono build (melee group already has another person assigned as zerker/assassin chrono)? How about ele/tempest or druid? I don’t have a condi set on either of them yet, but should be able to send enough characters through HoT story over the weekend to get viper’s armor boxes for one character.

(edited by Rasimir.6239)

Miku Lawrence.6329

For Lupicus : Use it when he crouchs and hugs himself before widening his arms. This happens at the start of Phase 2 (after the invulnerability) but can be delayed by other attacks, so just watch for it as soon as phase 2 starts.
Link below.
https://youtu.be/mZfuMB3Oxyo?t=4m1s

Looks like some adventurous souls in my guild have decided to put together a guild raid group after all . I’m supposed to bring a ranged condi class … what would you suggest? I don’t have the scrapper or reaper unlocked yet, although I could probably do that (necro’s full sinister already, engi would need a new outfit since I’ve only got zerker and celestial on her for now).

Is there any viable ranged condi mesmer/chrono build (melee group already has another person assigned as zerker/assassin chrono)? How about ele/tempest or druid? I don’t have a condi set on either of them yet, but should be able to send enough characters through HoT story over the weekend to get viper’s armor boxes for one character.

No and no, stick to Engineer (no scrapper needed) or Reaper for ranged condi (Reaper being superior at range than engineer, as the later uses bombs in melee range).

Snow Crows [SC]

(edited by Miku Lawrence.6329)

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Joined an ‘experienced plz’ group for Jade maw challenge mote.

Three of us waiting for more people, one guy starts explaining a bit how we’re going to do it etc. Two people join with between 1 – 2k AP, am sceptical. First one says “What is challenge?” – this should have been where my sadness ended. Leader just tells them not rush ahead and stick with us.

Continue on anyway, the other guy who was with us at start during explanation who wasn’t explaining yolos into Jade Maw starting timer, while one of the low AP guys dies on the way to Maw. Retry.

Timer doesn’t start early this time, but it becomes blatantly obvious that not only have the two low AP guys probably never done this before (one of them never picked up a crystal and got hit every time), the other original two don’t seem to know what they’re doing either, getting hit a couple of times each. Personal favourite: one of them standing on top of a crystal with skull and continues to attack tentacle, never picks up crystal.

experienced

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Iris Ng.9845

Totally not dungeon related but it was funny to share.

I was in a pug Chak Gerent map taxi-ing a few guild members in. Before I picked the lane, I asked for numbers in each squad and then decided to go for SCAR, which always has trouble with DPS. As I stood there, the commander in SCAR started to harass me for not being in his/her squad. I told them I was taxi-ing people and I’m fine with the fight, I don’t need any de-brief. Then this commander aggressively tried to chase me away and in the process, riled up a few member of his squad to being rude to me. So, I ignored them and just focus on the fight. The boss went from 55% after the first burn to 15% after the second burn and completely dead shortly during the last burn. No scaling, no problems. The best part is our know-all commander swiftly brought his whole team to “help” Ogre lane and scaled the kitten up. Event failed. Gee gee.

So much for being an kitten to one person for not being in his squad then proceed to be not in his right place.

Posted by: AlcatraZ.3780

AlcatraZ.3780

Will we ever get back the dungeons? The new frac system is nothing but a disaster… After all running swampland 3 times/day and molten duo twice per day no not much fun. Dungeons had at least diversity. We now hit a point where we need 1 afternoon to get through the raids – followed by 6 days of having nothing to do…

Pls anet! Dont try to keep fracs ingame by pressure…

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Will we ever get back the dungeons?

No, never.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Will we ever get back the dungeons?

No, never.

^

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Guys what do you invest your time in? raid is in farm state (and once a week), fractals are in lame state (only doing 51_100 tier daily) and noone wants to run dunegons (me neither tbh). Im seriously (lol again) thinking into move to other games till more raids are introduced

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Other vidya games that actually listen to their playerbase and offers new content on rather regular basis.

Gw2 is in a really sad state atm. PvP is snorefest with horribly unbalanced bunkers, WvW is abandoned and forgotten, PvE is gated behind zerging or horrible timegates (or both) and the last few enjoyable bits of content were ruined with abysmally bad rewards and/or dumb mechanics that were clearly made just to frustrate the “zerkermeta”.

Ryn.6459

Even this thread seems to be dead. Time to move on I guess.
Any suggestion Taku?

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Any suggestion Taku?

What kind of game are you looking for?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Waiting for Overwatch to come but mostly playing Warframe, Tera and MechWarrior atm. Nothing is too serious but I’m having fun just kittening about. All f2p so can’t really lose anything but time with those.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Logged in to solo Arah as a bit of nostalgia, put LFG up at endboss, nobody joined for 15 minutes.
I guess dungeons are officially dead?

At least I had time to make these screenshots while waiting, I will always be mesmerized by the amazing design Hrouda and his team did on dungeons http://imgur.com/a/IDhVh

(edited by bladex.9502)

deSade.9437

Rip Hrouda.

If raids’ rewards weren’t so tight and timegated weekly, would anything be different at all…

Oh look at dem tuning icicles, they’re so cheap! Imma buy the recipe so I can craft even more and avoid spending th—-
/checks materials
Leeeeeeeeegit.

Ryn.6459

The problem is that we dont have new content besides wing 1. That is not enough.
Is att or eg even testing a new wing?

Ryn.6459

Any suggestion Taku?

I think Ill try a fps to change a little. I was messing with da inquistion and I coudnt stand the controls. Where is the dodge button???

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Any suggestion Taku?

I think Ill try a fps to change a little. I was messing with da inquistion and I coudnt stand the controls. Where is the dodge button???

Can agree with Taku that Warframe is pretty fun, but it can turn into a huge grind if you make it one. Weapon/frame modding is extremely fun though and you can end up with some really, really ridiculous gear.

Ryn.6459

Never heard of warframe, gonna check, ty

EDIT: Oh. Looks like I still have flow control. Lol

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Never heard of warframe, gonna check, ty

EDIT: Oh. Looks like I still have flow control. Lol

Game can bascially be described as “ninjas in space”

Ryn.6459

downloading now. By the way, have you tried wildstar? I read that you need to invest a lot of time in order to play the endgame, but as far the leveling is fun is gonna be enough for the time being.

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

When will we hear any update on Ad Infinitum?

NovaanVerdiano.6174

When will we hear any update on Ad Infinitum?

2017, earliest

@Rym: I actually have Wildstar installed and played a few hours, but didn’t put more time into it. Not because I don’t like it (it actually seems like a really interesting game and was fun for those hours I spent there) but because other games take up my time. Combat system takes a bit to get used to, imo.

Amurond.4590

Logged in to solo Arah as a bit of nostalgia, put LFG up at endboss, nobody joined for 15 minutes.
I guess dungeons are officially dead?

At least I had time to make these screenshots while waiting, I will always be mesmerized by the amazing design Hrouda and his team did on dungeons http://imgur.com/a/IDhVh

I miss the little stories and characters that made the Dungeon grind more entertaining than the other grinds. “See? This is why we need a cohesive plan. People just wander in here and get attacked.” … Fractals have always been soulless in this sense for me.

deSade.9437

Where do you guise farm iron, wood n’ so on, a.k.a. Pressing F Nets More Money Than Clearing The Raid?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I like timberline falls for pressing F personally

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Where do you guise farm iron, wood n’ so on, a.k.a. Pressing F Nets More Money Than Clearing The Raid?

For iron I just go and get some rich nodes. Wood depends on the map, Maelstrom has good amounts of hard wood and platinum ore, I rarely ever farm seasoned or soft wood.

Amurond.4590

this is my personal guild’s motd

Gathering run

[&BMcDAAA=] (Potatos)
[&BKYCAAA=] (Elder)
[&BNUGAAA=] (Passiflora)
[&BGMAAAA=] (Iron)
[&BOAHAAA=] (Flax)
[&BKsAAAA=] (Iron)
[&BL8AAAA=] (Iron)
[&BF4BAAA=] (Iron)

Worth nothing that I downsized this from a larger list for personal use because I do it on multiple characters. If you’re doing it on only one character there’s a couple more rich iron nodes/several rich platinum nodes that are further out of the way/less profitable but I’d add them to the list.

a fuller list is in the comments here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3snonf/a_tip_for_people_who_have_rich_node_lists_to/

Really though, the Wintersday JP is great money right now if you can get into the instance and don’t suck at it, lol.

Iris Ng.9845

Copy this to your guild message.

c=cave f=far b=bridge s=maybe silver

Copper:
[&BIQBAAA=] (S)E f
[&BJgDAAA=] S
[&BPMAAAA=] N c
[&BPwAAAA=] S c
[&BEEBAAA=] E>N
[&BDwBAAA=] E>S>E

Iron:
[&BF4BAAA=] NW
[&BBIAAAA=] SW s
[&BBIAAAA=] N s
[&BAQAAAA=] NW s
[&BGMAAAA=] SW
[&BL8AAAA=] S
[&BJMBAAA=] N>W
[&BFEGAAA=] NE>W
[&BEsBAAA=] S(circle)
[&BKsAAAA=] W>N
[&BP0BAAA=] SE>N
[&BGUCAAA=] E c

Gold:
[&BOYAAAA=] E b>S
[&BEwBAAA=] SE f
[&BAECAAA=] NE
[&BFsCAAA=] S>E>N
[&BLEAAAA=] E

Platinum:
[&BK0BAAA=] NE c
[&BO8BAAA=] N(E)
[&BO4BAAA=] S b>N
[&BFECAAA=] W
[&BMwBAAA=] N c
[&BMkBAAA=] NW c>S f
[&BB4CAAA=] (N)E
[&BBoCAAA=] E>S
[&BNQCAAA=] N
[&BMkCAAA=] W>S>W

Elder Wood:
[&BPgCAAA=] W
[&BKYCAAA=] SW

Spinach:
[&BFwAAAA=] S f
[&BOQAAAA=] W

Potato:
[&BMcDAAA=] S
[&BEIAAAA=] NW

Strawberries:
[&BN4AAAA=] (S)W c
[&BBIAAAA=] SE
[&BMAAAAA=] SW

Artichoke:
[&BNECAAA=] SE
[&BFgGAAA=] NE

Passiflora:
[&BNUGAAA=] E&W>N

Flax:
[&BOAHAAA=] Below

Mix:
[&BIYHAAA=] N