General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 3

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

If anything the “off-topic” conversations are what’s keeping this thread alive it seems.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Why would I be upset?

I’m not the one hijacking a thread with a topic which has nothing to do with:

A. Guild Wars 2
B. the thread itsself
C. on an issue that had quite a few people rilled or confused

This thread is a nothing more but a simple community chat box for those who used to run Dungeons. There is no defined topic of discussion.

Just let us post-how-i-want.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

So get on ts, skype, a neutral forum, guild chat, etc. (its 2016, there are enough channels to communicate). The current discussion about BDO aren’t even related to dungeons there. It’s just smoke and mirrors to advertise in a dead topic which does not get closed due to mods sleeping.

Except a forum is the best format for this type of discussion. I dont have enough free time to jump on teamspeak/skype everytime i want to mention 1 thing. And not everyone is in the same guilds or logged on at the same time. And going to a forum where noone i want to converse with is active would be even more pointless. Come on man. At least make some sense when trying to go all dictator on us.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

What???

Posted by: Asseylum.5468

Asseylum.5468

I heard that dekeyz and Obal left DnT and the second raid team of DnT disbanded because they were bored of having nothing to do since Nike got them removed from raid testing due to his #first.

Haven’t really seen DnT put out anything much of note at all, I guess you’re the one to talk about hopeless self-delusion.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Not that leaving dnt would give them something to do…just saying

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Ryn.6459

cyninja, you can’t hope to reason with people who are lost in hopeless self-delusion.

Yeah, what?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

What???

I’m prettttty sure that was just directed at me. We all know how much Nike loves my hopeless delusional kitten xD

Unless he was calling you hopeless and delusional for saying “I like BDO character creation”, but that’d be a whole new level of wtf.

And I heard the real reason DnT got banned from raid testing is because of what they did to poor Poobadoo.

Yes, he love licking things. No, you didn’t have to take advantage of him.

Sheesh.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Since when are we flooding the general discussion with salt?

Ryn.6459

So, welcome back to ele meta

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I heard that dekeyz and Obal left DnT and the second raid team of DnT disbanded because they were bored of having nothing to do since Nike got them removed from raid testing due to his #first.

That sounds like an perfectly accurate story.

Haven’t really seen DnT put out anything much of note at all, I guess you’re the one to talk about hopeless self-delusion.

What is there to ‘put out’?

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

anyone for dungeons
arah pref

buhmp

(edited by Elomite.2396)

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Rise my minions !
How’s everyone doing? Enjoying druid pewpews \o/

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Sorry, we seem to have failed to notice that this thread diverted into Off-TopicLand a while back.

Yes, despite assurance from forum members to the contrary, there is a topic for this thread. Why, it’s in the very title: Dungeons!

The mods will do a little tidy-up because honestly, I expect “What’s your favorite pizza topping” or “Who’s going to win the Oscars™” next and we really don’t want to go there.

So… got any more thoughts about Guild Wars 2 Dungeons?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

What’s even the point of dungeon discussion thread, when devs made it clearly known they don’t care about those at all?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Sorry, we seem to have failed to notice that this thread diverted into Off-TopicLand a while back.

Yes, despite assurance from forum members to the contrary, there is a topic for this thread. Why, it’s in the very title: Dungeons!

The mods will do a little tidy-up because honestly, I expect “What’s your favorite pizza topping” or “Who’s going to win the Oscars™” next and we really don’t want to go there.

Alright, game is on.

Any more thoughts about Guild Wars 2 Dungeons?

Well, where to start? Dungeons are a complete joke now. I mean they were on farm before and got done in decent times. But with the powercreep added by HoT they are even more faceroll than they were before.

Rewards became a sheer joke. Let’s just compare liquid gold rewards the game gives so far; doing fractal dailies nets you 5 – 10g. Dungeontours gave you around 30 – 40g a day just from end chests. So making money right now is either braindead event farming or flipping the TP.
I still do believe that doing dungeons took more skill than farming / flipping TP so you punished skilled players and rewarded the exact opposite.

Heck, even the developers said that they would not care about dungeons anymore. I appreciate that you are one of the dev’s that tries to exchange with us so pleaaaaaase tell them to rethink their approach to dungeons.

If you want, we can also discuss fractals and raids.
Starting with fractals; a sheer joke as well. Before HoT you at least had some diversity because you couldn’t really predict which fractals you would get. Now it’s just swamp of the mists plus 2 additional fractals each day. Again with the powercreep from HoT, they are complete faceroll. Rewards got okay’ish but not more.
Oh, another thing i forgot to mention, it’s still possible to safespot certain bosses, that much to fixes. (f.e.: jade maw, mossman,..)

Now raids, I personally enjoy the approach Anet took there. The fights feel more dynamic and I believe they are more difficult than other encounters so far.
The thing that bothers me and I think a lot of the other players as well is that you, unless you want to max tokens, can only clear the raid once a week.
I can understand why you did that but watch at it from the PoV of a player, I logg in on monday, clear the raid, do my dailies each day and im basically done for the week.
Give us motivation to do the raid more often or make it harder, these 2 options would be on my mind right now.

I might have missed some points since it’s early in the morning and I’m not fully awake yet so if I missed something, feel free to add it below.

Gaile, as I said before, I appreciate the hard work you put into this forum, you really do. But there is not much to discuss at the moment. Hope you understand and maybe give us an update on what’s going on at the moment.

We’re loosing hope. Friendship, guilds and “community” are the only things that keep a lot of veterans playing this game at the moment. You can still keep them.

Regards,
Grimm

toxic since 2012

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

it’s pointless , you killed dungeons , it’s very hard to find ppl to do that and there are still bugs after 3 years (like the crystal of subject alpha that stuck you for 10 second or a new thing that appear after the expansion: the hp bar of the final boss in AC p1-p3). No new paths after aetherpath , no rewards update for ascended things maybe mini pet or some fashion stuff , no balance soo now with the elitè specialization you melt the dungeon bosses…

but hey we still have swamp/jade maw daily farm….

Ryn.6459

+1 to what grimm said
U forget about insbilities. They do not increase build diversity ( guess was the objective) nor the difficulty but make the whole thing annoying.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Sorry Gaile, dungeons are dead.

At this point, for me, its either getting a guild group together and doing a fast path, if anyone wants to bother at all. Or as my friends, in which I can collectively hear that silent groan over the headsets.

I’m just waiting for the final death kneel in which you guys let us trade fractal tokens for dungeon tokens so we can at least get those achievements done.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Ok, after a team discussion, we’re realized that this thread has veered so badly off topic that it’s pretty irretrievable. And, the thread is simply not necessary. There’s a whole forum for discussion of dungeons, and this is not and was never intended to be a chit-chat thread for off-topic conversations. We’re going to lock it and ask that you post in the forum itself.

The devs have read and will continue to read your feedback about dungeons. They are keenly aware of your feelings, and if you feel you’ve been shouting into the wind when you share ideas, I assure you that you have not been and are not even today. Constructive feedback is valued, and no one is avoiding this forum or this subject, even if we’re not actively engaged in talking about it at this particular time.

Feel free to share your constructive suggestions and feedback. Obviously, comments like “It’s dead, Jim” aren’t nearly as helpful as comments that give substantive details of what changes you’d like to see, and how you’d suggest we implement them.

Thank you for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Fixing forum issue. We’re working on addressing that, too.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet