General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

In memory of our lost thread, here is a general discussion thread.

So here’s what this is: We can talk about dungeons and dungeon related times. No name-shaming, insulting, fights, inappropriate talk, etc. I will personally report anything that might go against the ToS, even if I love you to death.

Anyway, we’ve started with player wins, lets continue! Anything that could be a win should be posted here, funny screenshots, or even funny conversations (without names) but nothing mean, angry, or hurtful.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

went to actualy do AC story the other day… we burned nente down so quickly that he never actualy had the chance to teleport to melee stance and he died at middle prety much while underground so we didnt get any loot but it was still funny (venomshare thief with basilisk venom was a great help)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Just keep it on-topic and avoid profanity, images full of profanity/inappropriate content, name-calling, and all the other bad things.

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

joined an arah p1 pug run last night and it when smooth. tarr boss couldnt even go back into his hole

Just another Arah veteran

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Danicia <3 you made it red too!

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Lilith Ajit.6173

Just keep it on-topic and avoid profanity, images full of profanity/inappropriate content, name-calling, and all the other bad things.

Was going to PM you this, but I had a question: If we made a discussion thread (and had it about dungeons, and dungeon related items and kept it clean, friendly, and not insulting) is that allowed? That is sort of what the fails thread turned into, and I am wondering if we can make a thread like that (assuming it adheres to the rest of the forum terms)?

Edit, also is it possible to get it just closed instead of deleted? There are a lot of posts and information and stuff there, that I’d love to be able to use (it’s basically my dungeon index)

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

Posted by: AtriustheGod.6785

AtriustheGod.6785

Opened an AC path 3 LFG about a week ago, mentioned nothing about build, class, speedrun, etc. just asked for “experienced 80s”

Got an entire group of chill people with good attitudes. I’m pretty sure we were all zerker builds (but I never gearchecked) because the bosses’ HP just melted away, and we had a stack of 15+ might almost the whole time. It was delicious. The path went by so quickly, nobody complained about anything and we didn’t have any trouble anywhere in the path. (and we didn’t even have an ele for burrows and nobody complained about it and we didn’t even notice the lack of ice bows)

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Was going to PM you this, but I had a question: If we made a discussion thread (and had it about dungeons, and dungeon related items and kept it clean, friendly, and not insulting) is that allowed? That is sort of what the fails thread turned into, and I am wondering if we can make a thread like that (assuming it adheres to the rest of the forum terms)?

Edit, also is it possible to get it just closed instead of deleted? There are a lot of posts and information and stuff there, that I’d love to be able to use (it’s basically my dungeon index)

First, yes, discussions of Dungeons and activity in them is why the Dungeons sub-forum exists.

And alas, the thread would have taken hours to go back and moderate. Our forum software does not allow us to do bulk deletions.

Lilith Ajit.6173

First, yes, discussions of Dungeons and activity in them is why the Dungeons sub-forum exists.

And alas, the thread would have taken hours to go back and moderate. Our forum software does not allow us to do bulk deletions.

Darn, but okay (there goes almost 3 pages of my high rated posts too!)

Okay, so it’s okay for me to change the title of this thread to discussions about dungeons ? And have a first post that says something along the lines of: Be clean, no insulting, etc etc?

[ARES]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If you see things getting out of line, speak up and self moderate. Just be courteous when you do so. I’m pretty sure this would lessen the need for the mods to step in.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Moment of silence for Swifty’s lost patch notes. Those notes were a gem. Wish we could have them back </3

Moral of the story: write every post in word first, and save save save.

And Ayril, +1 agree agree

[ARES]

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

CC Danicia, may I please have my patch notes back?

Answer likely = no. So in memory of my amazing notes Lilith I vow to create a new updated version.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Seconded, please? They were appropriate and I bet you’d laugh if you read them!

And @Swifty: I can’t wait to read them, they belong here for all to see.

[ARES]

Ayrilana.1396

They still may be in google cache. I don’t know enough about it to search for them myself.

J Eberle.9312

Yeh I’m trying to figure out how to get them back through that method. I’m not sure where to start T_T

Ayrilana.1396

Start with one example that you listed as a patch note. It should come up in google and the. You can select to view the cache. It doesn’t always work but worth a try.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

So, why deleting the thread of the dungeon forum just because it went “off-topic”?
If the thread was called “post what you want” it would be still existing?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Delmain.5167

Delmain.5167

This wasn’t with so much a pug but rather a group of really, really bored friends. A friend and I decide to get a bunch of friends and guild mates for a lvl 1 fractal run. Not just ANY lvl 1 fractal run, but a lvl 1 fractal run with every character lvl 20 or lower. Three hours it took us, but we did it! Well, my friend, one of his friends he invited later, and I did. SO not only did we do it with characters lvl 20 or lower, we 3 manned half of it, and swore to never do it again. Uncatagorized fractal (with original 5), Snowblind fractal (with original 5, lost everyone, and we were half way done with the dragon shaman when his friend joined), Volcano fractal (and we saved everyone!), then Molten Duo boss fractal. Did you know that Flame Effigy always spawns a wave of reinforcements once it hits reach half way, no matter how many times it happens? That champion alone was the greatest challenge for us.
Also, my friend, my friend’s friend, and I all lost our pants first when out armor started breaking.

Lilith Ajit.6173

BTW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/fangen/A-Conversation-with-Ogden/

This is relevant to dungeons, as a fan generated short story I wrote in relation to Ogden Stonehealer and dungeoning healing. It is a transcendent piece which outlines the human struggle…

Yeah. Lol read it! (See I even put it in the right subforum, only, no one looks there except people who like to convince people to draw their characters. x.x)

[ARES]

Lilith Ajit.6173

This wasn’t with so much a pug but rather a group of really, really bored friends. A friend and I decide to get a bunch of friends and guild mates for a lvl 1 fractal run. Not just ANY lvl 1 fractal run, but a lvl 1 fractal run with every character lvl 20 or lower. Three hours it took us, but we did it! Well, my friend, one of his friends he invited later, and I did. SO not only did we do it with characters lvl 20 or lower, we 3 manned half of it, and swore to never do it again. Uncatagorized fractal (with original 5), Snowblind fractal (with original 5, lost everyone, and we were half way done with the dragon shaman when his friend joined), Volcano fractal (and we saved everyone!), then Molten Duo boss fractal. Did you know that Flame Effigy always spawns a wave of reinforcements once it hits reach half way, no matter how many times it happens? That champion alone was the greatest challenge for us.
Also, my friend, my friend’s friend, and I all lost our pants first when out armor started breaking.

This is amazing. no elite skills, barely any traits. Stunning!!! But implies a heck of a lot of boredom.

[ARES]

Ayrilana.1396

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

J Eberle.9312

I cant find my latest edition that was in the fails thread. It seems that nothing was cached as recently as yesterday

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

We used to do “Naked Fractal Runs” in the past. Where we would start a teen fractal wearing nothing but our weapons, and slowly equip anything we find along the way. Those were some fun days

J Eberle.9312

Anierna is a kittening champion, I have acquired my patch notes.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Anierna is a kittening champion, I have acquired my patch notes.

Post them!

[ARES]

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

No. Get back on topic.

(edited by CC Danicia.1394)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Thanks Swifty!

And okay CC o.o

Okay so. Did I tell y’all I had a dungeon “mentor” run where a student actually just wanted fashion advice? Isn’t that amazing and #winning?

[ARES]

J Eberle.9312

Did I tell y’all I had a dungeon “mentor” run where a student actually just wanted fashion advice? Isn’t that amazing and #winning?

That’s soundin’ pretty off topic to me son, I’m ’fraid im gonna have to call the authorities.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Did I tell y’all I had a dungeon “mentor” run where a student actually just wanted fashion advice? Isn’t that amazing and #winning?

That’s soundin’ pretty off topic to me son, I’m ’fraid im gonna have to call the authorities.

But, the person actually joined the mentor guild to learn dungeons and get my specific fashion advice. They said I have a quite unique skill set!

[ARES]

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Hey Danicia, since you are so nice to care about the well being of our discussions here in this sub-forum, could you try to include in your daily report to ask the devs to give us a bit of attention?

In the ele forum someone asked for a red circle to visualise Meteor Storm’s aoe and a dev replied on the same day. The next day we learned that the absence of red circle was a blatant bug present in the game since its release and that this would be bugfixed promptly.

Obviously there are many many blatant bugs in dungeons. Therefore we need this kind of interaction here even more than in the ele forum.

The dungeon community is aware of your great powers and we trust you with the great responsibility to assist us in our most dire time of need.

Could you please be so kind to do this for us?

( Then I would feel really really lucky )

Topic-proof note: this message is about dungeons in general. No trees, butterflies, rabbits, or moderators were harmed in its making.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey Danicia, since you are so nice to care about the well being of our discussions here in this sub-forum, could you try to include in your daily report to ask the devs to give us a bit of attention?

This is absolutely doable.

J Eberle.9312

I will love you forever if you can do this and something happens and the devs talk to us again like old times.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I will love you forever if you can do this and something happens and the devs talk to us again like old times.

+1 to that.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I hope we can get some fun and great discussions without messing up with players playstyle. The problem that i found in the previous thread was a high elitist attitude that turned into offense against the “play how i want” community, as well as some non-meta build players.

That said, i hope we can make this thread works without that kind of issues. And i’m also excited to see what it happens next, since dungeons might (or not) get some attention now that LS is almost finished.

What do you think about that? maybe some of the teams doing LS content are free and they can fix some dungeons in the near future?

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’d love to see a lions arch dungeon. What would be even cooler, I think, is if it had levels, not just 1-49 but randomized difficulties. Something along the lines of random encounters, and not debuffs, instabilities, etc.

I’d just love to see something for small groups that could be mastered, but also something I could have fun playing with my hubby. ^^

[ARES]

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Lion’s Arch dungeon seconded!

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

The idea of a Lions Arch dungeon popped into my head as well. Just the concept sounds cool to me, I didn’t really think of any features it would have. Paths that explain the history of Lions Arch in some interactive way would be cool, though. Especially for newer players that never saw it at its peak (supposing it is never coming back it’s full glory).

Some events that could be relived: Sunspears in Kryta, the battle of the Shining Blades against the white Mantle and the Mursaat, the flooding during the rise of Orr, resettlement by pirates, the Karka invasion, Scarlet invasions 1 (during first Dragon Bash festival) and 2 (upcoming).

Lindbur.2537

I’m thinking it could be the subject of a fractal, but Scarlet… hmm.

A remnant of times past.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m hoping it doesn’t turn into a fractal. I feel like as a fractal, to have the full effect I think it should, it would have to be longer than dredge. I mean, there’s just so much to do. We might never have wintersday or Halloween in LA again. There’s just a lot of history that I think should be preserved and incorporated into a dungeon. I’d love for it to be a true explorable dungeon (perhaps be timey wimey) maybe have the old jumping puzzles still there, add more puzzles to do with the npcs and such….

I don’t know, I just know I’m going to miss LA very very much.

[ARES]

Lilith Ajit.6173

I have a snow day today, so I’m hopping on soon, if anyone wants to have any fun fashionable dungeon action with meeeeee!

And here, look at something funny

Attachments:

[ARES]

Lilith Ajit.6173

Okay, full Asura run #1

:)

Attachments:

[ARES]

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

such fashion

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Is that an asura princess leia on the right? And Admiral Ackbar next to her. xD

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Is that an asura princess leia on the right? And Admiral Ackbar next to her. xD

Omg, yeah it really seems like it xD

Lilith Ajit.6173

Hehe, Princess Leia = Iris and the male Asura was a random pug ^^

[ARES]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

^_^

Fashionable asuras in dungeons. A leading trend.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Lilith Ajit.6173

Lind and I preparing for our next dungeon with cuteness:

Attachments:

[ARES]

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Swifty wins, sorry :/

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Swifty always wins

[ARES]

Lindbur.2537

:D

A remnant of times past.