Is there any hope for gw2 pve(dungeons)?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

fixing thread

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

There is no build diversity. Your comment may be the most misleading comment ive ever seen. Everything is zerker, just zerker.

Only zerker, yeah. Now your comments are irrevelant in this thread. Thanks for sharing! =]

ps: Make your own groups or go back to WoW.

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

I haved to make 2 posts because it’s too long to fit in one.

The problem with dungeons in this game is that you can go 5 man full zerker, melt everything in few seconds. You don’t need any skill to do it (and yes you meta defenders will say that the skill is needed – it’s just a poor excuse. I’ve been playing dungeons enought to tell you that if you stack in the corner, all you have to do is to press 12345 randomly. Maybe you can do it 2 seconds faster if you, as you will say, chain your buffs, blinds etc, but whatever you will do, you will succeed.
It is really horrible, most of the “non-action oriented” games have more action in their dungeons than GW2. Even in these crappy korean grinders, you need more coordination to finish dungeons.

Someone got carried by people who knew what they were doing :p

Nice advertisement for my guild still ^^

Actually no. I did some solo and duo bosses already. I did SE p3 destroyer solo, subject alpha solo, COF p1 duo (until the moment where we had to stand under the braziers) and many more. By who I got carried then?

Ofc I won’t solo AC spider in the corner without the full party because it’s the DPS that makes it possible… and that’s the whole problem. The FGS…
Anyway, I did it once with FGS and I decided to never use it again until they fix it. It’s just too stupid that some skills can be exploited this way. Same as reflects…

hendo.1940

Also, if you think there’s no diversity, clearly you haven’t played warrior. There’s like four builds which you can use right now.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Actually no. I did some solo and duo bosses already. I did SE p3 destroyer solo, subject alpha solo, COF p1 duo (until the moment where we had to stand under the braziers) and many more. By who I got carried then?

Ofc I won’t solo AC spider in the corner without the full party because it’s the DPS that makes it possible… and that’s the whole problem. The FGS…
Anyway, I did it once with FGS and I decided to never use it again until they fix it. It’s just too stupid that some skills can be exploited this way. Same as reflects…

Waiting for your vids then

Plus the bosses/paths you are describing don’t appear to be too hard. I was thinking about seing you solo like the four mobs just before the priest of Grenth in Arah P4. Without reflects and blinds you’re gonna suffer a bit then come back on your statement.

If you only use 12345 randomly and complete content either you died a stupid death or you have been carried. As simple as that. Still I’m talking about a non fight-breaking situation. Maybe you run around for 5 minutes every two hits to regen, idk :/

Btw last time I checked FGS and reflects worked well

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

That tells me you are not really aware how it works.

Dalanor.5387

It’s just too stupid that some skills can be exploited this way. Same as reflects…

Now reflects are exploits too? :O Imagination of people in this game is wonderful!
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

“The scrub would take great issue with this statement for he usually believes that he is playing to win, but he is bound up by an intricate construct of fictitious rules that prevent him from ever truly competing. These made-up rules vary from game to game, of course, but their character remains constant. In Street Fighter, for example, the scrub labels a wide variety of tactics and situations “cheap.” So-called “cheapness” is truly the mantra of the scrub."

Posted by: ShadowAgent.6053

ShadowAgent.6053

Oky I’m finding it really hard to understand what the argument is about.
Build diversity? As already established any dungeon can be completed with any class/gear/trait setup (even solo if the core mechanic of the encounter allows it) so it’s not that.
Optimal builds? Even in a speed clear group there are MANY options that differ depending on group composition.For example, if a group has 2 warriors one would be using the empower allies build the other will use a variant to increase his own dps. This is true even for tweaking a non group oriented build. Lets say a thief who in general uses a 6/6/0/0/2 setup. For fights longer than 20-30 seconds he might use a 6/6/2/0/0 setup to maximize dps or 5/6/0/0/3 if not using stealth or w/e and don’t even get me started on the first traitline how 2 of 3 major traits are interchangeable to fit specific cirumstances.
Bosses not stimulating anything else besides DPS? So how would this work? I hope I don’t have to make full ascended gear with different stats for every dungeon in the game just to be able to get in them :s (and in 3 armor variants so I have for my alts too). But maybe some people like this kind of grind idk. Or having to look for specific classes to counter mechanics even more (mesmers and thieves in Arah make lupi and skipping trash so much safer and in general faster because there is less room for mistakes).
When I started doing dungeons a mount after launch I used to be a p/d single target condi dmg thief (lol right ;p) dungeons took forever and I even remember our group making fun of a friend who was running full zerker warrior for always getting downed. But as time passed, people got better, we learned that full dps was the way to go so we all started gradually replacing our PTV or TPCdmg with zerker and here we are now.
If you want to get betterr, you adapt. Do not expect the game to adapt TO YOU, in general YOU adapt TO IT (withing reason ofc.).
The only points I can agree and view as negative are:
1) This “zerker epidemic” in lfg kinda removes the learning experience for new players because everybody is expected to know what to do. But to be fair it is an almost two year old game so standarts are bound to be established by now.
2) Dungeons need new paths or new dungeons in general to freshen up the experience a bit and maybe some sort of difficulty scale the group chooses before entering.
Edit: RIP spelling

(edited by ShadowAgent.6053)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You play fair against AI?

yayuuu.9420

You play fair against AI?

Yes.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

someone is confusing “scrub” with “fair play”.

WOW!! dungeon master, what a pro, teach me your ways. you say you’ve done 500 fractals? you stack against mossman? against archdiviner? if so teach us plz, you are the best out there.

yayuuu.9420

someone is confusing “scrub” with “fair play”.

WOW!! dungeon master, what a pro, teach me your ways. you say you’ve done 500 fractals? you stack against mossman? against archdiviner? if so teach us plz, you are the best out there.

1. Explain me please, if I’m confusing it.
2. No comment…

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

wtf

Dalanor.5387

“In Street Fighter, for example, the scrub labels a wide variety of tactics and situations “cheap.” So-called “cheapness” is truly the mantra of the scrub.”

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Developers do not ever state clearly whether something is an exploit. They fix it. That’s their statement.

When asked to comment on a fix or change they might say “the snowflake thing was an exploit players used… they are now banned.” But they don’t generally say whether something is or is not.

However I do recall a developer saying that the teleport firey rush needed to be fixed, but that they would monitor the skill for the time being, meaning at the moment its being used okay but if it causes problems theyd fix it. I think it was in a wvw thread.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

guanlongwucaii.3162

they fixed rush + blink, which was clearly a glitch since the blink bugged out the animation for 1-2 seconds.

re: fiery rush I’m pretty sure that during the early teq days the devs congratulated the first server to kill teq on using things like fiery gs and ice bow to break the bone walls/do dps to teq.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Dalanor.5387

By defauld things like these can be considered exploits if you read the wikipedia’s definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_

A game mechanics exploit is not a bug—it is working as designed, but at the same time is not working as intended.

It is working as designed, but everyone agrees that it is a bad design. By working as designed doesn’t mean it’s working as intended. I have posted suggestions how this can be improved, by breaking the skill when you hit the wall.

I’m just guessing, but i think the FGS rush glitch is just a creative use of game mechanics. Sure, it’s can make thing too easy, but oh boy, it’s fun!

Are you aware of what reflects do? Projectile come towards you, cast reflect, it won’t harm you and the opponent will be damaged. Working as intended.

Are you sure that things like these are working as intended?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nmOdqQ0_Tc&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA3xTJIM1x8

1. Nope.
2. Yes.

Also there is a difference between using fiery rush on the open field and using it against the wall.

Not really, but i get it what you mean.

Big bosses have usually much more HP and much bigger hitbox. The size of hitbox allows using meteor shower, ice storm effectively.

Now its true.

Small bosses have much less HP.

And it makes sense. Imagine Belka and Brie 3 times as much health as Lupi.

This division of bosses promotes some classes against some types of enemies.

Nope, class balance does. Or the lack of it.

For example warrior or thief should be much stronger against small enemies, while elementalist should be much stronger against big enemies.

And this doesn’t makes sense.

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

All is vain.

/15stackingelitists

yayuuu.9420

1. Nope.
2. Yes.

And what is the difference between these 2 examples? Both are some kind of bosses and both dies being reflected.

Not really, but i get it what you mean.

At least you know what I mean…

Small bosses have much less HP.

And it makes sense. Imagine Belka and Brie 3 times as much health as Lupi.

I’m talking about general trend, not about the specific bosses. If you take average amount of health the big bosses have and compare it to the average amount of health of the small bosses, you will see the difference. Also some bosses have a specific mechanics that shouldn’t be even counted because you don’t fight them normally (like the dredge fractal final boss).

Nope, class balance does. Or the lack of it.

Currently yes, and I’d like it to be changed.

And this doesn’t makes sense.

Maybe, but imagine a big and slow tree bombarded by meteor shower and imagine asura in some fireproof armor, if you know what I mean At least it makes more sense than 1-shotting bosses.

Dalanor.5387

And what is the difference between these 2 examples? Both are some kind of bosses and both dies being reflected.

Open world vs 5 man dungeon.

At least you know what I mean…

That doesn’t make it more valid tbh.

I’m talking about general trend, not about the specific bosses. If you take average amount of health the big bosses have and compare it to the average amount of health of the small bosses, you will see the difference. Also some bosses have a specific mechanics that shouldn’t be even counted because you don’t fight them normally (like the dredge fractal final boss).

I don’t understand you. You find it a problem, that certain bosses have much more HP and a few second later you mention how some skills affects them more effectively (meteor shower, icestorm, etc). They have more HP, but you have the advantage against them with such skills.

Currently yes, and I’d like it to be changed.

Detailed feedback is always welcomed, not just a “OP nerf it”, “weak, buff it”, “change it cuz i dont like it” and such comments.

Maybe, but imagine a big and slow tree bombarded by meteor shower and imagine asura in some fireproof armor, if you know what I mean At least it makes more sense than 1-shotting bosses.

Thats what we already talking about. Certain skills gives advantage against certain bosses. For example as a warrior you can cleave Teq on 2 spots (as im aware of it and it didn’t get changed) or in CoE you can damage a turret and the golem at the same time. So what do you want to change exactly? Examples, reasons, conclusions, get it?

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

The untargeted rush is not a gltich, the blink rush was. If it was not working as intended they would have changed that as well.

Using a reflect for it’s intended purpose is an exploit if it happens to one shot an enemy? I’ve seen some stupid posts but kitten …

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I see the word exploit being thrown around everywhere, yet I don’t see any hard evidence to prove that Fiery Rush against a wall is an exploit.

Considering how long it’s been since this little trick was discovered, don’t you think if it really were considered an exploit, they’d have fixed it in the feature patch? They didn’t. They had the chance to fix the wall rush when they fixed the rush+teleport bug, but did they? No.

So bin your exploit argument.

/goesbacktolurking

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

The thing with untargeted FGS rush against a wall is that it’s not bugged or being used as an exploit, it’s a balance issue. The problem I feel is that ANet doesn’t balance for PvE as well as they balance for WvW or PvP. It goes both ways – that they don’t update mob encounters often, and that they don’t check balancing when they change stuff for PvP and how it’ll affect people in PvE. On high-level runs, classes aren’t balanced well, but there is partial balance set.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Ive made my own group comprised of my spouse and two children. We only intend to experience each path once and as of yesterday have completed everthing except Arah. We dont stack because I havent shown them how…well we stacked CoE path1 and as for Arah only time will tell. When not pugged the dungeons Anet made are truely a beautiful experience. But then we are not farming them. I imagine they would get stale if we did that.

the point was that the dungeons can be a beautiful experience if you choose

yayuuu.9420

Thats what we already talking about. Certain skills gives advantage against certain bosses. For example as a warrior you can cleave Teq on 2 spots (as im aware of it and it didn’t get changed) or in CoE you can damage a turret and the golem at the same time. So what do you want to change exactly? Examples, reasons, conclusions, get it?

You are taking me a bit wrong. Let’s say that big bosses have mroe HP and that elementalists can hit them more effectively – that’s OK, it means that elementalists are usefull for something. On the other hand their DPS against smaller bosses is lower – that’s also OK, it means that thief and warrior is usefull for something.
Moreover, few posts before I have mentioned how can ANet improve dungeons to make all classes have their roles and not only with the amount of DPS they can do in certain situations, but that they can make dungeons shorter in some places by solving class-specific puzzles. I think that it would be a cool idea that promotes role diversity. If I’m a thief, I can steal some keys, unlock the door etc.

But that’s one thing. Other thing is mechanic, that allows you to exploit that natural advantage of your class, which is ridiculous. Killing Kohler in 5 seconds with Fiery Rush or killing spider by reflecting his own damage, this is just ridiculous.

I have also provided a lot of ideas of how can this be fixed, how can the combat be more action oriented instead of static “stacking” thing. If you are interested, read my previous posts in this topic.

Btw, at least talking with you is nice, even if we have different opinions. Some players don’t even want to listen that something might be wrong.

guanlongwucaii.3162

why is the ranger killing spider with reflects ridiculous? it’s more like a clever use of the mechanics, since the damage buff is intended.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

keep saying that all dungeons are about is stacking. you simply confirm our suspicions that you’re just another one of the skillless and vocal group of people who have never crawled out of AC/SE/insert easy faceroll farm dungeon here.

Ive done every dungeon in the game and done it with easy simple because of stacking lol. First off, there is no “hard” dungeon in this game because you can stack your way through it.

Posted by: Senticon.3452

Senticon.3452

I’m totally agreed with OP on that matter, I don’t think we need trinity in GW2, there should be another ways, but it is true that almost every dungeon is complete mindless exploiting poorly coded AI and DPS stacking.
Every human being with any presence of slight logic will always try to walk the way of lesser resistance, that means normal player will always try maximally effective and fast way that allows enviroment. Noone in his right mind will be killing boss in normal way if he can wall stack him without being hit and melt it in few seconds.

It brings 2 very big problems in fact:
1. PUG that doesn’t know about those exploits will be wiped few times during even easiest dungeon run, and some players will ragequit leading to destroying fun and experience.
2. Players who actually want to enjoy game and face at least slight challenge can’t do that because of the group. No one will sacrifice time for one player.

Dungeon system MUST be reworked in some way, so new player have a chance to complete it normally and don’t get wiped, and every wall stacking and skipping mobs by going unintended cheesy path must be undoable or restricted in some ways.

SkylightMoon.1980

The thing with untargeted FGS rush against a wall is that it’s not bugged or being used as an exploit, it’s a balance issue. The problem I feel is that ANet doesn’t balance for PvE as well as they balance for WvW or PvP. It goes both ways – that they don’t update mob encounters often, and that they don’t check balancing when they change stuff for PvP and how it’ll affect people in PvE. On high-level runs, classes aren’t balanced well, but there is partial balance set.

I don’t think it even matters if its a bug or exploit. You are toggling an option that makes you do 10 times or more dps and giving you the ability to one shot a boss. Why?

hendo.1940

keep saying that all dungeons are about is stacking. you simply confirm our suspicions that you’re just another one of the skillless and vocal group of people who have never crawled out of AC/SE/insert easy faceroll farm dungeon here.

Ive done every dungeon in the game and done it with easy simple because of stacking lol. First off, there is no “hard” dungeon in this game because you can stack your way through it.

It’s not long. Watch it and tell me with a straight face that it’s stacking that trivialised the fight.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

SkylightMoon.1980

Do you have any link to dev post saying clearly that using fiery rush against the wall is an exploit? Also that 1shotting bosses with reflects is an exploit?

Ive been told devs say its use of clever gameplay. Clever gameplay should always be encouraged but when it makes the difference of taking the boss down about 90% faster, I think thats a flaw in the game. Its not even a difficult strategy to pull off either, its something so simple and yet it makes a fight that could last a 1-2 mins long go to 10 seconds.

SkylightMoon.1980

It’s not long. Watch it and tell me with a straight face that it’s stacking that trivialised the fight.

Sorry is this a joke? lol. This is the exact type of hilarity im talking about. This is the face of guild wars 2 dungeons.

guanlongwucaii.3162

how nice it must be to exaggerate and believe your own exaggerations. can you give me videos of you afk stacking lupicus? or afk stacking hunter crusher (lol)? afk stacking alpha (no, alpha is not harder if you don’t stack, especially now that they fixed the earth spike not hitting if you’re in his hitbox)

hendo.1940

Sorry is this a joke? lol. This is the exact type of hilarity im talking about. This is the face of guild wars 2 dungeons.

Was it stacking that trivialised it yes/no?

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

SkylightMoon.1980

how nice it must be to exaggerate and believe your own exaggerations. can you give me videos of you afk stacking lupicus? or afk stacking hunter crusher (lol)? afk stacking alpha (no, alpha is not harder if you don’t stack, especially now that they fixed the earth spike not hitting if you’re in his hitbox)

Even if im not afk, is it hard? No, of course not. Whats the hardest thing you could do while stacking? Build might? Dodge an attack or move a to a different angle of the boss? The skill threshold needed to complete dungeons in gw2 right now is so low it makes any players coming from previous MMO’s worse at the game if they havent already quit for many of the reasons stated in this thread.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I prefer these short intense fight to long afk fight I see in every other MMOs. In GW2 if you are playing the meta, 1 mistake kills you, that’s what you can see in the video.

But you’re probably the kind of guys who rather be watching a show and eating chips while pressing 1 with a range weapon in your soldier gears turning in circle.

(edited by Trice.4598)

SkylightMoon.1980

I prefer these short intense fight to long afk fight I see in every other MMOs. In GW2 if you are playing the meta, 1 mistake kills you, that’s what you can see in the video.

But you’re probably the kind of guys who rather be watching a show and eating chips while pressing 1 with a range weapon in your soldier gears turning in circle.

One mistake obviously didn’t kill them, don’t make it sound that hard. You could see them hit once or twice in the video and losing health. Again this is the problem…. Since stacking has become the meta strategy for dungeons in gw2, skill level has dropped and people even find it difficult sometimes. Thats quite sad.

I dont want long afk fights either. I want fights that are difficult regardless of their duration. That challenge me to time all of my skills in order to “kill” the boss. Not kill the boss as fast as possible because its already an easy boss. I want just killing the boss to be difficult.

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

There is a fun enemie called “Champion Risen Pirate Captain”, he does a strong leap, medium strong melee basic atack, very strong aoe field and buffs himself with extremely strong retaliation ( and other boons) me as a thief have to stop dmg 100% because it hurts very much
anyways such mechanics would bring a trickyness into “the stacking issue” (if he survives long enough to make his strong atacks.
o there is this risen champion acolythe( i guess) who summons locusts (causing weakness) and does a strong aoe + teleport.
champion risen archmage is fun too and does strong aoe.

and personally i gave up all hope that Anet focuses on skillfull quality content.
just look at open world, 200 ppl doing a boss (which is quite fun solo or in small grps) , just auto atacking, 70% of them running kitten builds, no brain, no skill..
amazing how you can ruin a game with such potential…

dungeons changes arent hard, they just dont give a god kitten kitten about it, as they ignore the dungeon forums and community.

Blùb [LuPi]

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Pvt Guardian running dungeons, fractals, and leads in some open-world raid content.
Condi necro running dungeons, soon to be running fractals, and would be leading the same open-world content if she had a commander tag.

People laugh and poke fun if I join dungeons with my necro, but by the end they have no choice but to admit they’re strong in dungeons.

If people only want to run dungeons with zerkers or XYZ class and build, they can kiss my green Sylvari kitten . When people demand a certain build regardless of how well you know the dungeon, they arent the kind of people I want to run a dungeon with. Asking someone to not be a particular build for good reason I dont mind. God knows a minion necro can be pretty useless in CoE.

Since when has anyone ever been forced to admit that necros are anything but crap in dungeons? Especially condi necros.

Odds are your teammates had a good laugh at you thinking your build is any good and are just humoring you now.

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

I don’t think it even matters if its a bug or exploit. You are toggling an option that makes you do 10 times or more dps and giving you the ability to one shot a boss. Why?

Writing on mobile so this will look kittenty.

First of all, FGS can be seen that way… but there’s an inherent weakness to it. What are those?
1. FGS rush deals damage in ticks, which, in turn, opens up a weakness to retaliation. FGS 4 deals around… what, 25-50 ticks of damage in a five to six second frame? With that kind of ticking you would probably get OHKO’d from it, seeing that retal scales with power from bosses.

2. FGS being dropped in ticks mean that you need to corner/lockdown a target, and that the target be rather immobile.

The problem is that the counters to this aren’t readily seen in the game, which, to be faie, is how generally ANet has been balancing things to PvE. Implement that, and FGSing stuff dead might require a little more action than needed. It also opens up other classes in high-level runs, too.

SkylightMoon.1980

There is not only no hope left for the gw2 dungeons, but also for a few people posting here in this very thread.
Especially for one specific person above me.

Ah, dnt and rt I see. The propogators of the zerk and stacking meta. Its really quite embarassing that you encourage this toxic type of gameplay when you could really be a voice to the devs for guild wars 2 on how they could improve these dungeons.

You’re funny. Toxic game play. what are you, the sheriff of fun? You determine what’s toxic and what’s fun now?

Because using the same stacking strategy to accomplish nearly every dungeon is fun? I get you wanna make money, I do to sometimes, but lets not pretend like there is anything challenging or fun about the way we do it.

Look sweetie I run Dungeons for fun with friends. What’s not fun:

*dying
*taking forever
*not being able to RP walk
*not making money
*kiting a boss for 10 minutes with bearbows
*unfashionable party members

See. Fun. Stacking and such fit into my idea of fun. I’m not in it for a huge stressful challenge. I’m not in a dungeon speed run guild. I play this game to have fun. Stop trying to ruin the majority of players fun because you want something that this game isn’t.

In gw2 you make your own challenges. Which is the beauty of it. You can kill bosses naked. You can do whatever you want. Stop trying to make this game that is ours into yours. God I hate you all.

Gw2 isnt inherently challenging which is why people consistently find ways to make it challenging. By soloing it, or doing it naked. Soloing some dungeons is actually quite challenging and impressive to see when done in a speedrun. There are some examples that obviously don’t count, where they bug the boss, like ive seen a player bug the spider queen in AC so she doesn’t move or attack and can just be dps’ed in the open.

The problem is that these players arn’t rewarded any differently. You take the easy way out and get rewards, they do something obviously much more difficult and get the exact same thing. Dungeons and fractals need a system that acknowledges that a player is soloing it so they can get better rewards.

SkylightMoon.1980

First, there’s no dungeon team, so don’t expect any real improvements.

The devs haven’t listened to us filthy eleetist exploiter nerds ever yet, nor will they ever if things stay like this, though they have listened to the Pvt condition bear bow elementalist audience(damage nerf to critical damage is the best example).

Also, “encourage toxic type of gameplay”…“propogators of the zerk and”….what? Have you any clue what you are talking about?

I really don’t know how to answer to such inane bee es or why i’m even feeding such a bad thread.

Well then Anet can enjoying killing their own game. They’ve already expressed a dislike for instanced content because it “splits” the playerbase. They want it open world with their new megaserver which is a bad idea because you can’t have difficult, interesting, open world events when you go in a megaserver and its impossible to organize anything because you can’t get all your people in the same map. This means we can only have mindless zergy content.

The toxic gameplay you encourage is this zerky speedrun, lets kill the boss in 5 seconds with a FGS type gameplay. Thats just sad.

Lilith Ajit.6173

There is not only no hope left for the gw2 dungeons, but also for a few people posting here in this very thread.

Ah, dnt and rt I see. The propogators of the zerk and stacking meta. Its really quite embarassing that you encourage this toxic type of gameplay when you could really be a voice to the devs for guild wars 2 on how they could improve these dungeons.

You’re funny. Toxic game play. what are you, the sheriff of fun? You determine what’s toxic and what’s fun now?

Because using the same stacking strategy to accomplish nearly every dungeon is fun? I get you wanna make money, I do to sometimes, but lets not pretend like there is anything challenging or fun about the way we do it.

*dying
*taking forever
*not making money

See. Fun. Stacking and such fit into my idea of fun. I’m not in it for a huge stressful challenge. I’m not in a dungeon speed run guild. I play this game to have fun. Stop trying to ruin the majority of players fun because you want something that this game isn’t.

In gw2 you make your own challenges. Which is the beauty of it. You can kill bosses naked. You can do whatever you want. Stop trying to make this game that is ours into yours. God I hate you all.

Gw2 isnt inherently challenging which is why people consistently find ways to make it challenging. By soloing it, or doing it naked. Soloing some dungeons is actually quite challenging and impressive to see when done in a speedrun. There are some examples that obviously don’t count, where they bug the boss, like ive seen a player bug the spider queen in AC so she doesn’t move or attack and can just be dps’ed in the open.

The problem is that these players arn’t rewarded any differently. You take the easy way out and get rewards, they do something obviously much more difficult and get the exact same thing. Dungeons and fractals need a system that acknowledges that a player is soloing it so they can get better rewards.

It’s called getting it done quickly so you can run another path. That’s the incentive! More chances to receive a good roll on the loot table! More champ bags! More material bags!

Soloing and duoing? SELL THE SLOTS

Oh wait I’m sure you hate sellers too. Point is, rewards up the freaking wazzoo for doing something challenging.

Oh and ps. Good job taking my words, paraphrasing them, yo try and make yourself look good. GG.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

hendo.1940

Do I need to upload every single screenshot I have of grateful pugs I have carried through Arah just to hammer in the point that there is actually challenge in this game?

There are some examples that obviously don’t count, where they bug the boss, like ive seen a player bug the spider queen in AC so she doesn’t move or attack

I want you to link me a video.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Do I need to upload every single screenshot I have of grateful pugs I have carried through Arah just to hammer in the point that there is actually challenge in this game?

There are some examples that obviously don’t count, where they bug the boss, like ive seen a player bug the spider queen in AC so she doesn’t move or attack

I want you to link me a video.

^

Pics or it didn’t kittening happen.

[ARES]

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Oh look, A Spider Queen example. How come people who post these threads never name a real example of bosses not attacking and being bugged?

SkylightMoon.1980

*dying
*taking forever
*not making money

It’s called getting it done quickly so you can run another path. That’s the incentive! More chances to receive a good roll on the loot table! More champ bags! More material bags!

Oh wait I’m sure you hate sellers too. Point is, rewards up the freaking wazzoo for doing something challenging.

Oh and ps. Good job taking my words, paraphrasing them, yo try and make yourself look good. GG.

Ye I get your mentality, you wanna get it done fast so you can make more gold and do another dungeon to make more gold so you can buy some pretty weapons that you can use to go back and speedrun the dungeon. This mentality makes no sense. At this point, there is nothing enjoyable about the content. Its the unique thing about guild wars 2.

Lilith Ajit.6173

*dying
*taking forever
*not making money

Ye I get your mentality, you wanna get it done fast so you can make more gold and do another dungeon to make more gold so you can buy some pretty weapons that you can use to go back and speedrun the dungeon. This mentality makes no sense. At this point, there is nothing enjoyable about the content. Its the unique thing about guild wars 2.

This isnt the game you’re looking for, move along.

It’s about the gameplay. It’s about the rewards you get from gameplay. If it wasn’t I’d just play tetris. It’s fashion wars 2, baby, and I’m freaking winning it.

[ARES]

SkylightMoon.1980

*dying
*taking forever
*not making money

This isnt the game you’re looking for, move along.

It’s about the gameplay. It’s about the rewards you get from gameplay. If it wasn’t I’d just play tetris. It’s fashion wars 2, baby, and I’m freaking winning it.

“Its about the gameplay.” What gameplay? All you are doing is stacking a boss in the corner, this is not gameplay, this is a joke. I won’t give up on this game even though its plagued by a seemingly brainwashed community of speedrunners who don’t want anything to change ever. This game has the best combat system out of any MMO ive played and Anet can do better.