Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Rangers suck

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Rangers Useless in Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I hate Rangers. They put my assassins gear out of business.

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Pardon my french but I’m so kittening tired of this bullkitten. It’s like racism and people are just being ignorant pricks to the Ranger profession. I understand completely that we’re lacking in DPS and that if you’re joining a PUG group you should do as they’ve asked in their description. I’m not the kind of person to join a group that specifically says “no Rangers” or something of the like, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not incredibly irritating. There are plenty of good Rangers out there and although yes, there are also plenty of bad ones, I’m so tired of the ignorance I could strangle someone. Ranger is my favorite profession and the one which I have the most fun on, but because of the community, I was forced to make a Warrior, which I’m not nearly as competent with, so that I could run dungeons without being interviewed for 20 minutes or being kicked on sight.
I don’t know about everyone else, but I’d rather someone play the profession they’re comfortable with than one they’re being forced to play. Because I can drop a banner and swing my sword but I’m sure there are better ways to improve my DPS as a Warrior that I don’t give a kitten to learn because I’d rather be on my Ranger.
A foul attitude maybe but a beast created by the community not one born of natural cause.

And for the record, I often make my own groups to avoid this kind of kitten since it’s so prevalent in the LFG.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Pardon my french but I’m so kittening tired of this bullkitten. It’s like racism and people are just being ignorant pricks to the Ranger profession. I understand completely that we’re lacking in DPS and that if you’re joining a PUG group you should do as they’ve asked in their description. I’m not the kind of person to join a group that specifically says “no Rangers” or something of the like, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not incredibly irritating. There are plenty of good Rangers out there and although yes, there are also plenty of bad ones, I’m so tired of the ignorance I could strangle someone. Ranger is my favorite profession and the one which I have the most fun on, but because of the community, I was forced to make a Warrior, which I’m not nearly as competent with, so that I could run dungeons without being interviewed for 20 minutes or being kicked on sight.
I don’t know about everyone else, but I’d rather someone play the profession they’re comfortable with than one they’re being forced to play. Because I can drop a banner and swing my sword but I’m sure there are better ways to improve my DPS as a Warrior that I don’t give a kitten to learn because I’d rather be on my Ranger.
A foul attitude maybe but a beast created by the community not one born of natural cause.

And for the record, I often make my own groups to avoid this kind of kitten since it’s so prevalent in the LFG.

I do agree with you… in a less angry manner of course.

I don’t care who joins my parties really but I rarely get more than one “bad class” although one time I got the trifecta, they all have some benefits as long as they know what they’re doing. I mean I had a necromancer carry my whole party once. It happens!

I don’t like that there are some classes no one will accept but I do understand it will always be apart of optimization. This said, I think it is more often than not I can get into a party with my ranger, ping my sword and frost spirit, and that’s all they need to know.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Cotser.7015

Cotser.7015

When PuGging, which I do far too often, I would much rather a sword/wh ranger than any non-meta build.

King of the Nightstand dynasty
I like dungeons and Ikea.
aka Cotscene.

Posted by: Spirigo.2897

Spirigo.2897

Question: Who cares?

Dungeons are easy, and reasonably fast as long as everyone at least wears full exotics and has half a clue what to do.

I just don’t understand why people go through so much trouble nitpicking their dungeon teams.

Posted by: Cotser.7015

Cotser.7015

Question: Who cares?

Dungeons are easy, and reasonably fast as long as everyone at least wears full exotics and has half a clue what to do.

I just don’t understand why people go through so much trouble nitpicking their dungeon teams.

This is.. partly true. Waiting for a full zerk perfect comp group would be redundant for say, AC P1 When 2zerkers can quite easily melt anything fast enough,
however, for CoE, Arah and such, the lack of dps becomes far more noticable..

King of the Nightstand dynasty
I like dungeons and Ikea.
aka Cotscene.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Eirh.1439

Eirh.1439

Wow reading the actual post seems to be way to hard for some people here. I guess just spitting out the same 3 lines you hear in every discussion about the ranger in dungeons ad nauseam is much easier than actually understanding the point. As of now there is no constellation of 4 people in a dungeon where a ranger on 5th position would be the optimal choice for the groups dps, since an ele would always be better, even when ignoring the additional utility the ele brings with more FGS and Ice Bow. That’s because ranger DPS is so bad, that the boost of Spotter+FS is not strong enough to actually boost the groups more than the personal DPS an Ele would bring.

With all the problems the ranger class right now has in PvE, WvW and to a lesser extent in sPvP (they are still currently not that good there) ANet should really completely overhaul the class.

On the other hand, looking at the numbers provided ranger could actually even get viable for the group DPS if the ele DPS get a considerable nerf. Ice Bow and FGS are currently too much of a gamebreaker, making the difference between Ele and other classes ridiculous.

Semper Concordia [SC]
Abaddons Mouth

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Eh, I can’t speak for others, but I’m not even sure where to start in trying to get a conversation going on the actual topic itself.

If you’re a Ranger, you’re probably already well aware of the issues in direct damage building, and have long since learned to handle being the underdog. If you’re not a Ranger; you either find composition fascinating and will smile and nod, or you honestly don’t find this sort of thing applicable to your everyday life.

/shrug

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If you’re not a Ranger; you either find composition fascinating and will smile and nod, or you honestly don’t find this sort of thing applicable to your everyday life.

/shrug

Wot

Vox Hollow.2736

I’m an old lady, spoj, you should take it easy on the slang if you want me follow what you’re trying to say.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Wow reading the actual post seems to be way to hard for some people here. I guess just spitting out the same 3 lines you hear in every discussion about the ranger in dungeons ad nauseam is much easier than actually understanding the point. As of now there is no constellation of 4 people in a dungeon where a ranger on 5th position would be the optimal choice for the groups dps, since an ele would always be better, even when ignoring the additional utility the ele brings with more FGS and Ice Bow. That’s because ranger DPS is so bad, that the boost of Spotter+FS is not strong enough to actually boost the groups more than the personal DPS an Ele would bring.

With all the problems the ranger class right now has in PvE, WvW and to a lesser extent in sPvP (they are still currently not that good there) ANet should really completely overhaul the class.

On the other hand, looking at the numbers provided ranger could actually even get viable for the group DPS if the ele DPS get a considerable nerf. Ice Bow and FGS are currently too much of a gamebreaker, making the difference between Ele and other classes ridiculous.

Well even with an ele nerf ranger would still be at a disadvantage relative to engies and thieves and mesmers, albeit to a lesser extent since engies don’t overlap with themselves well and thieves and mesmers are single target DPS (although the ranger is too).

The obvious solution is just to buff pet stats. It’d actually be a pretty significant buff if Anet actually lowered their base stats and increased their skill coefficients, since that’d give them better scaling with might and fury without really affecting whatever ranger pet-DPS bunker build is popular in PvP right now.

spoj.9672

I’m an old lady, spoj, you should take it easy on the slang if you want me follow what you’re trying to say.

I was saying i have no idea what you were trying to say with that last sentence.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I was saying i have no idea what you were trying to say with that last sentence.

Wot.

Snow Crows [SC]

Vox Hollow.2736

Ah, I see.

I wanted to interject the idea this thread might be getting the posts it does, because it’s a hard topic to generate a conversation around. If composition is one of your concerns, there’s not much to say because you assimilate and move on. If composition isn’t one of your concerns, there’s not much to say because you don’t have a vested interest at all.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

I wanted to interject the idea this thread might be getting the posts it does, because it’s a hard topic to generate a conversation around. If composition is one of your concerns, there’s not much to say because you assimilate and move on. If composition isn’t one of your concerns, there’s not much to say because you don’t have a vested interest at all.

It’s like you’re taking the words right out of my mind and shaping them nicer with these posts.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Ah, I see.

This is pretty much what I said and was going to say again but you said it better. I don’t exactly see it as a problem, but it would be nice to have my favourite class be one of the OP ones for a change.

Though, I do discourage the exclusion of rangers in a PUG environment (Which is the context of the original post) where min-maxing composition is no where near as important.

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Ah, I see.

This is pretty much what I said and was going to say again but you said it better. I don’t exactly see it as a problem, but it would be nice to have my favourite class be one of the OP ones for a change.

Though, I do discourage the exclusion of rangers in a PUG environment (Which is the context of the original post) where min-maxing composition is no where near as important.

If you’re referring to my post I’m talking about minmaxed comps. Frostspotter is terrible in pugs since you’re losing a fixed amount of damage but boosting party DPS by a percentage, meaning that the lower the party DPS is, the harder it is to break even with the fixed personal DPS loss. Frost Spirit gives you around 700 DPS gain on a 10k meta DPS warrior ally but probably only about 140 DPS to a crappy bearbow. Meanwhile you’re still taking that 7k DPS difference between a ranger and a staff ele just by being a ranger.

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

IT’S SUPER OBVIOUS THAT NO ONE ACTUALLY READ THE POST AND EVERYONE WAS JUST REACTING TO THE JOKE TITLE SO I’LL JUST STATE THIS OUTRIGHT: RANGERS ARE BAD EVEN IF THEY’RE PLAYED PROPERLY.

Looks like you are as talented with jokes as you are with theorycrafting

TurtleDragon.3108

Ah, I see.

If you’re referring to my post I’m talking about minmaxed comps. Frostspotter is terrible in pugs since you’re losing a fixed amount of damage but boosting party DPS by a percentage, meaning that the lower the party DPS is, the harder it is to break even with the fixed personal DPS loss. Frost Spirit gives you around 700 DPS gain on a 10k meta DPS warrior ally but probably only about 140 DPS to a crappy bearbow. Meanwhile you’re still taking that 7k DPS difference between a ranger and a staff ele just by being a ranger.

Yeah, except you’re thinking of extremes where in reality most groups will hover around in the mid range spectrum of DPS. We already know Rangers are not ideal for min-max groups.

Unorganized groups don’t think in terms of numbers. You’re also severely underestimating the importance of PHIW and comfort picks in unorganized groups. Maximizing DPS is the least of people’s concerns in PUGs. They’re much more concerned about not wiping and will opt for the less yolo-y strategies.

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Ah, I see.

Yeah, except you’re thinking of extremes where in reality most groups will hover around in the mid range spectrum of DPS. We already know Rangers are not ideal for min-max groups.

Unorganized groups don’t think in terms of numbers. You’re also severely underestimating the importance of PHIW and comfort picks in unorganized groups. Maximizing DPS is the least of people’s concerns in PUGs. They’re much more concerned about not wiping and will opt for the less yolo-y strategies.

It doesn’t matter whether you’re minmaxing or not, minmaxed is where the ranger does the best numerically but it’s also the place where they do the worst logically. Frostspotter simply doesn’t add enough DPS to worth it unless you’re in a high-end DPS group and if you’re in a high-end DPS group you don’t want a ranger because you’re probably trying to minmax. It’s a lose-lose situation either way.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Good work finally catching on Guang, took you a bit but glad it finally happened

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Well even with an ele nerf ranger would still be at a disadvantage relative to engies and thieves and mesmers[…]

disadvantage relative to engies and thieves[…]

relative to engies[…]

ENGIES!!!!!!

Dub | [rT]

Darox.8069

I can’t wait for your thread in 2015 Guang:

“oh guys actually Engis are not that good”

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Still, the information is good. A good ranger do about 9-9.5k dps and Frost Spirit + Spotter don’t boost enough the group DPS for compensate the lost of a Elementalist, a Thief, a DPS warrior or a Guardian. It’s true.

Still, I also don’t use 10% potions each time i do a dungeon, or buttersquash, or make sure my group compo is perfect, my group don’t always have 25 might, 25 vulnerability, i didn’t crafted all +5 infusion, etc. So I don’t give a kitten about a ranger as long as he don’t play like an idiot.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

If you don’t run Frost + spotter, you are literally the most worthless class to have in a dung

2 years and still no kind of positive change for rangers… we have only 1 viable build for dungs and if we don’t use frost + spotter, you might as well not join.

Pathetic class is pathetic, you can’t spin this any other way

Honestly, if you have a ranger, re-roll (at least if you want to do PvE)…

if you are looking for a class thats good with open world events farming and good dung support, roll guardian lol. Cause rangers are utter trash , especially when it comes to PvE and after 2 years, i’m confident Anet’s vision of the ranger class is completely blinded. They actually think rangers are in a good spot…. loool

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Well even with an ele nerf ranger would still be at a disadvantage relative to engies and thieves and mesmers[…]

disadvantage relative to engies and thieves[…]

relative to engies[…]

ENGIES!!!!!!

Are you ever actually going to try to disprove my engie claims beyond constantly going “I’m really bad at engie so I don’t believe other people could be good”?

Back on topic, I’ve had suspicions about the efficacy of Frostspotter ever since the Ferocity nerf and since I recalculated ranger DPS relative to everyone else’s, but I didn’t really pay a ton of attention to it. I do think it’s funny that the general populace is only now starting to jump on board the “Frostspotter ranger is totally legit guys” bandwagon as soon as it’s becoming apparent that it’s no longer true.

I expect “grenade engie is super OP for vuln stacking” to become a popular pug phrase approximately a month after Anet nerfs Steel-Packed Powder.

Darox.8069

Are you ever actually going to try to disprove my engie claims

It’s like: Murica claims Eerak has bigbadboom, World say they don’t, Murica invades and finds no bigbadboom, but still, World did not disprove Murica’s bigbadboom claims.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I think it’s much more “if you’re going to have a ranger, run frostspotter and it’s not terrible” more than “lets drop an ele for a ranger so we can have frostspotter”

Posted by: Sephrye.1628

Sephrye.1628

Frostspotter can kiss my white kitten , I mean seriously if guys think that is the only good things about ranger you have no imagination.
(pets in a beastmaster build can distract elites, drakes and their aoe and dogs and their knockdowns, blocks and autoattack evades and aoe on greatsword, heal that cleanses conditions and heals group at same time;
there’s a lot of other good things about the class that isn’t just damage, damage , damage mentality that everyone only seems to care about anymore)
Maybe it’s the only things that actually give boons or whatever, but I’d rather have a group member who’s comfortable and used to their build in a dungeon,
then ask them to change it for only a couple boons and play in a build their not used to,
and then get everyone killed as a result.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

BHB alert?

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

TurtleDragon.3108

And I thought my responses were BHB enough as it is lol.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Frostspotter can kiss my white kitten , I mean seriously if guys think that is the only good things about ranger you have no imagination.
(pets in a beastmaster build can distract elites, drakes and their aoe and dogs and their knockdowns, blocks and autoattack evades and aoe on greatsword, heal that cleanses conditions and heals group at same time;
there’s a lot of other good things about the class that isn’t just damage, damage , damage mentality that everyone only seems to care about anymore)
Maybe it’s the only things that actually give boons or whatever, but I’d rather have a group member who’s comfortable and used to their build in a dungeon,
then ask them to change it for only a couple boons and play in a build their not used to,
and then get everyone killed as a result.

Well, if the ppl you play with are not able to play full Glass, its their problem. They can run whatever they run. Its a discussion about what the Ranger can give to a group, when they push it to the limit. Its about what they can give at their max, when they play in a good group that can do as much dmg as possible without dying.

This is not a black or white issue, its a spectrum.

- Do I play how I want and kitten my party?
- Do I play with the group, but don’t really go into the best of each profession?
- Do I use the best build possible within my limit so I don’t die every two second?
- Do I use meta build with dps gear since I’m able to play it?
- Do I use all the costly advantage to push my build to the limit?
- Do I ask the same for all my teamate and for the best composition possible for record run?

For me the two extreme are just that. Extreme. You can do it, but can’t ask that from everybody. But for me most ppl should aim for the two middles. Either go for the meta if they have the skill to do it, or try to go for it with some modification to match their level of play and how much they want to focus on their play time.

If you want to go in the extreme of the best build and composition, then the ranger can’t keep up. Or at least that the discussion we have.

If you just play in the middle, you can get a good return from your ranger, but unfortunately your option are limited.

If you don’t really care about what you can bring to the dps, then whatever profession and whatever build can do the job just fine.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

I love playing my Ranger, but due to the community dictating how I play I have switched to Guardian…. Why must people be such jerks in dungeons. Its just a game and if you think one ranger is going to pull your group down, maybe you should look at the rest of the group.

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I love playing my Ranger, but due to the community dictating how I play I have switched to Guardian…. Why must people be such jerks in dungeons. Its just a game and if you think one ranger is going to pull your group down, maybe you should look at the rest of the group.

Well I think it’s two separate things here. From what I read, PuGs kick Rangers all the time. PuGs are also bad though.

What a lot of folks are saying is that while a Ranger can be useful on a casual run, if you are really trying to min-max it, it is going to hold the team back. Even a guy who can run kitten minute mile is going to hold back a team where the average time is 4.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“Its just a game and if you think one ranger is going to pull your group down, maybe you should look at the rest of the group.”

Actually if you go into somewhere like fractals with two rangers you can be throwing hours of your life away. Rangers just do not have an appropriate set of skills for challenging PvE content. For example, the offhand axe is absolutely not fit for purpose when it comes to missile defense. I’m someone who does go into dungeons with rangers anyway and to be honest I frequently regret it.

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

This may sound silly, but if you have 3 Eles in a party, and you didn’t need the utility of a Mesmer or Guardian or Thief, and want to fill the last slots, wouldn’t Warrior+Ranger be the best to maximize damage? At 3 Elementalists, I’m not sure a 4th will increase damage.

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

This may sound silly, but if you have 3 Eles in a party, and you didn’t need the utility of a Mesmer or Guardian or Thief, and want to fill the last slots, wouldn’t Warrior+Ranger be the best to maximize damage? At 3 Elementalists, I’m not sure a 4th will increase damage.

I’d argue that warrior + engie would better since that comp is really lacking in vuln for non-FGS fights, but warrior + ele would better than warrior + ranger for the reasons I just discussed above.

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

Highest DPS in game is 3 eles + 1 warrior + 1 ranger with all the buffs active.

With the ranger DPS-ing higher than a guard on FGS, you can consider ranger in a speed run with these considerations in mind:

• Do you need a stealth?
  • Do you need long stability?
  • Is aegis rotation core to some of the significant encounters?
  • Do you need long reflect uptime?
  • Is Mesmer portal extremely useful?

If the answer is no to all of the questions above, I believe Ranger is the best 5th to bring.

Specific example of where to bring a Ranger: CoE p1.

Basically, if the dungeon requires a bit of reflect and Mesmer’s portal isn’t needed, Ranger should be the better choice in terms of DPS compared to a Guard or a Mes.

(edited by xallever.1874)

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

If i hear another frost/spotter saying bearbows give them bad name then i’ll bearbow his rear end myself.

Meta exists because someone did not listen to idiots saying “that’s the best build, do it or get out” and tried something else himself and found it to be better. Both frost/spotter and bearbows are great if used correctly and nothing to scream about if used incorrectly.

Also there are things like traps, other weapons (yes! they do exist!) that can be extremely effective if used right in given situations. There’s a reason A-net made trait respecs free and available anywhere save combat.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Both frost/spotter and bearbows are great if used correctly and nothing to scream about if used incorrectly.

In what situation is bearbow great? When/how can it be used correctly?

-GMB

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

GMB = GrandMaster Bearbow.

She does not joke :P

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

bearbows are great if used correctly

Attachments:

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

maha.7902

I’m ready for this answer. I have now donned the ceremonial garb of my people. Speak to me of your bearbow ways. Speak them to me so that I may take solace in your courage.

-GMB

Attachments:

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Ok here’s insight for you:

Bear:

1. Bear is the only pet that can do aoe condi clense. Your party just got poisoned/bleeded, chilled etc and healing spring on c/d?. Well they can now go commit suicide cause obviously pro players are too proud to accept help from a bearbow:)

2. oh did i mention he’s tanky? That means you can use signet of reneval active pulling condition from your party to him and he’s most likely to live. Or how about that protection on dodge roll trait? You can have your 18k glass warrior facetanking stuff, or leave it to bear while you get some heat off you.

Longbow:
1. Shortest cc skill (point blank shot) in ranger’s kitten nal along with path of scars. Good for taking down defiant stacks, or pushing a boss/mob away, given you know when it’s time to push, and when it’s time to not use it when defiant’s down.

Today at tequatl i abused it defending eastern battery from bloated creepers. Just pushed the sucker away, then followed up with crippling aoe #5 so it wouldn’t advance before it dies. It worked.

2. Rapid Fire – good damage, 10 vulni. Nuff said.

3. It can be traited for 1500 range. Gargoyle heads in Ac for example need that.

4. Only auto suffers damage reduction from close range. Who says it has to be main weapon. There’s another weapon set you can have for melee and longbow for long range/support.

Few of top of my head, now pardon me, teq time.

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

maha.7902

Ok here’s insight for you:

Bear:

1. Bear is the only pet that can do aoe condi clense. Your party just got poisoned/bleeded, chilled etc and healing spring on c/d?. Well they can now go commit suicide cause obviously pro players are too proud to accept help from a bearbow:)

2. oh did i mention he’s tanky? That means you can use signet of reneval active pulling condition from your party to him and he’s most likely to live. Or how about that protection on dodge roll trait? You can have your 18k glass warrior facetanking stuff, or leave it to bear while you get some heat off you.

Longbow:
1. Shortest cc skill (point blank shot) in ranger’s kitten ntal along with path of scars. Good for taking down defiant stacks, or pushing a boss/mob away, given you know when it’s time to push, and when it’s time to not use it when defiant’s down.

Today at tequatl i abused it defending eastern battery from bloated creepers. Just pushed the sucker away, then followed up with crippling aoe #5 so it wouldn’t advance before it dies. It worked.

2. Barrage – good damage, 10 vulni. Nuff said.

3. It can be traited for 1500 range. Gargoyle heads in Ac for example need that.

4. Only auto suffers damage reduction from close range. Who says it has to be main weapon. There’s another weapon set you can have for melee and longbow for long range/support.

Few of top of my head, no pardon me, teq time.

Bear Pet (somewhat understandable):

1.) If your party is full of bads, go for it. It’s considered a ‘niche’ pet for a reason.
2.) You shouldn’t need this outside of some fights in fractals where you lack a decent guardian.

Longbow:

1.) aaand you’re either stuck on LB till cd wears off, or you are duping yourself out of having another actually good weapon on your second set. You’re better off using GS and you still have Hilt Bash.
2.) Way better ways to get vauln.
3.) If you’re trying to kill gargoyle heads with longbow and eagle eye trait, you’re gonna have a bad time.
4.) ‘Support’ and longbow in same sentence.

Aaaand
Teq? But this is the dungeon forums, such blasphemy! >:(

-GMB

(edited by maha.7902)

spoj.9672

The bear is useful in niche situations. The longbow kind of isnt.