Your best LFG reads and puglife stories

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

why anyone would bring a condition mesmer on AC?

It could be worse.

It could be a combo of 3 persons from the same guild, who play condi thief, condi ele AND necromancer all in the same party.

Yes, they really did play condi, it wasn’t just a sigil from a noobishly geared character. During the burrow phase, the thief went to kill the mobs spamming death blossoms.

Attachments:

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

3. Attacks elementals instead of shaman, while he has his shield up

There’s nothing wrong with this as long as you have shaman selected as a target.

If you have him selected as a target then each successive skill used will remove a stack off of his shield.

This is why I, for example, will aim my ice storms/meteor showers in the areas with the biggest concentration of elementals.

I will just assume the team you had was really bad either way and probably didn’t have shaman selected. Pugs blow.

wait what….

you dont actually have to “hit” the shaman, just have him targeted????

Yes this is why casting your heal with him targeted removes a stack.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Prepare yourselves..

Attachments:

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

3. Attacks elementals instead of shaman, while he has his shield up

There’s nothing wrong with this as long as you have shaman selected as a target.

If you have him selected as a target then each successive skill used will remove a stack off of his shield.

This is why I, for example, will aim my ice storms/meteor showers in the areas with the biggest concentration of elementals.

I will just assume the team you had was really bad either way and probably didn’t have shaman selected. Pugs blow.

wait what….

you dont actually have to “hit” the shaman, just have him targeted????

Yes this is why casting your heal with him targeted removes a stack.

LEARNINGS!!!

thanks gang.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

During the burrow phase, the thief went to kill the mobs spamming death blossoms.

Oh man. That was me when I first started playing — Dire d/d thief, spamming caltrops and death blossoms, with traited caltrops on dodge. And oh yeah, I used my dodges purely for the caltrops. GUYS LOOK AT ALL THE BLEEDING. I could kill a risen abomination in Orr in only 15 seconds. Such pride.

I didn’t do dungeons back then (thankfully), but it was fun to stealth and ninja spike 90s of cripple on people during friendly guild PvP matches >.> So much rage in TS, it was glorious.

Prepare yourselves..

Heh, at least they were upfront about it.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

During the burrow phase, the thief went to kill the mobs spamming death blossoms.

Oh man. That was me when I first started playing — Dire d/d thief, spamming caltrops and death blossoms, with traited caltrops on dodge. And oh yeah, I used my dodges purely for the caltrops. GUYS LOOK AT ALL THE BLEEDING. I could kill a risen abomination in Orr in only 15 seconds. Such pride.

I didn’t do dungeons back then (thankfully), but it was fun to stealth and ninja spike 90s of cripple on people during friendly guild PvP matches >.> So much rage in TS, it was glorious.

(Most) of us wouldn’t be proud of what we did when we started the game. I wouldn’t have screenshoted that party if they were new players with low AP, I never pay any mind to what new players do as it wouldn’t be fair to them since we’ve all had our funny goof ups. But they were people who spent enough time (AP + the skins they had) in the game to know better than stack 3 condition builds in a dungeon party while focusing the mobs instead of killing the burrows. If at this point they didn’t learn, chances are, they never will. It’s not like it was 3 random phiw who happened to hit bad luck by filling the party with conditioners. It’s a guild group.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

When I started this game I used soldier runes.

I also soloed Lupicus.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

when i started the game i was an ah guardian using a mixture of berserker, knight and valkyrie pieces so that i could be tanky and still deal good dps

or so i thought

:D

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

So apparently “experienced only” means “experienced in this game” and not “experienced in this dungeon” according to my pug party…

Posted by: RealCheesus.8563

RealCheesus.8563

Let’s hope they found their third guard and successfully finish the dungeon with their “meta”-party composition.

Attachments:

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

AC1. The party was listed as “Full run 80 zerk gear check”. I’m DEKeyz staff ele build, using blasting staff for AC, in full ascended except an exotic force/night staff.

We killed the SQ, it was a bit lively without taking out gargoyles first but there was enough DPS and not standing in red rings to make it work.

We killed the gravelings in the corridor no problem. I was last up the hall as usual (I’m spike averse), so I’m one of the two who realise he’s turned right towards the room with the burrows. Never seen that once, in my ?50? runs, and he didn’t say anything either.

The other two turn left and head for Kohler. He and his mate kick them.

I’m kicked a couple of minutes later, not actually sure what for. Maybe because I pulled Kohler when we got to him? We were stacked on a corner, nobody else was pulling, might was expiring, and AFAIK I was the only one with a ranged weapon that doesn’t cause defiance. Maybe us 6k APs shouldn’t get ideas above our station?

#puglyfefromthebottomofthepeckingorder

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

AC1. The party was listed as “Full run 80 zerk gear check”. I’m DEKeyz staff ele build, using blasting staff for AC, in full ascended except an exotic force/night staff.

We killed the SQ, it was a bit lively without taking out gargoyles first but there was enough DPS and not standing in red rings to make it work.

We killed the gravelings in the corridor no problem. I was last up the hall as usual (I’m spike averse), so I’m one of the two who realise he’s turned right towards the room with the burrows. Never seen that once, in my ?50? runs, and he didn’t say anything either.

The other two turn left and head for Kohler. He and his mate kick them.

I’m kicked a couple of minutes later, not actually sure what for. Maybe because I pulled Kohler when we got to him? We were stacked on a corner, nobody else was pulling, might was expiring, and AFAIK I was the only one with a ranged weapon that doesn’t cause defiance. Maybe us 6k APs shouldn’t get ideas above our station?

#puglyfefromthebottomofthepeckingorder

You waste time going to left, go right, kill kholer, do burrow event, wp, get chest for kholer then move to collect scepters event.

Not your fault though because there was no communication.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

not exactly spectacular, but today i helped some under 80s do a couple runs. im definitely no expert, we wiped a few times by faults of mine. it felt pretty good though to help out.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

Can “Warmaster Grast” be considered a part of my PUG?
Because he’s kind of a bad GW2 player.

We started the fight at the endboss, but haven’t noticed, that Grast decided to ditch us and started attacking the gravelings instead – miles away.
I have no idea how they managed to aggro him.

Well, at about 10%HP, we noticed the lack of bubble and got slammed by the rocks, got him down to less than 1% before the wipe, one player surved being downed.

Now here’s the punchline: Grast started to run at supersonic speed towards the boss, gave him a taste of his hammer once and the boss died.

I laughed. Then i flamed at Grast. Sadly, i couldn’t kick him…would be kind of pointless anyways, after the boss.

“It would be a honor to fight alongside you one day again.” – Grast
Yeah, well, i’m calling you then…uhm…bye.
(psshht, i’m not actually calling him back)

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

(edited by wauwi.9162)

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Today someone in Arah posted this number:
“2 quaggans 1 cup, story mode”
Gave me a good chuckle, i would post a screen but its not working for some reason

also “selling p1 2 gold at lupi dont ask” top kek

#puglyf had a guard in CM say WoR was not part of his build and in AC some guard kept banishing/ccing before i could icebow freeze. I commented by saying “that cc tho” and he thought i was complementing him.

Lastly in FoTM i was in a group at level 20 something and there was this horrible ranger. I guess he was friends with two others in the group. A Mez (who turned out later to be a dev) and I kept telling him to hide (meaning his pet) and he literally ran behind a corner and stayed there…Eventually the mez tried to kick him and then got kicked then i got kicked for saying the mez was the only good one. At least i got a dev friend out of it

Posted by: Pinkey Flowery.7018

Pinkey Flowery.7018

Prepare yourselves..

I like how you edit out the name throughout except at the end.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Prepare yourselves..

My eyes burned while reading that… (the screen cap that is)

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

A Mez (who turned out later to be a dev)

Whoa whoa, hold up, you’re telling me somebody who works at Anet does fractals?!

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Prepare yourselves..

My eyes burned while reading that… (the screen cap that is)

I put in just the right amount of effort!

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Whoa whoa, hold up, you’re telling me somebody who works at Anet does fractals?!

yeah i was amazed too…they actually were annoyed that the people in the group weren’t running meta builds! that dev is my hero!

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

yeah i was amazed too…they actually were annoyed that the people in the group weren’t running meta builds! that dev is my hero!

Attachments:

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

I saw one the other day when I was going to do a quick CoF between classes: “p3 pro zerk at least 1 guardian with staff”. I guess they don’t know how to get might…

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Reading that interview with tentonhammer I’m not suprised, Sounds like they know and accept the meta as what it is. They sounded like they actually like that there is a way to go “hard mode” being squishy but more effective. I really hope what I read it as is true. I think it’s a wonderful game design.

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

TA fwd/up 80 zerk 5k ping

It was a very solid PUG. Plenty of DPS, good compositon, made the skips, knew what to do. Until I wrecked it…

A bit into the second path, just before the skip after Leurent’s lieutenants, I typed in party chat:

“I’ve just sold twilight”

Chaos ensued. People ran a bit, then stopped running to type. The living revived the downed, and started typing, and forgot to look at the wolves, and swiftly became downed themselves.

It was all my fault.

I’m sorry.

#puglyfe

wauwi.9162

Reading that interview with tentonhammer I’m not suprised, Sounds like they know and accept the meta as what it is. They sounded like they actually like that there is a way to go “hard mode” being squishy but more effective. I really hope what I read it as is true. I think it’s a wonderful game design.

Yeah, the only problem is, dungeons were announced and on release intended to be most efficiently completed with a specific composition of classes and builds with diversity between each dungeon and path.
Each path would have it’s own meta, with room for experimantions.

And here we are, today…

Maybe it’s just me. Maybe i can’t see the diversity between each berserker set. Maybe, they meant visual differences.
My zerker set’s purple colored.

I hope, that it’s not true about the dev and the meta, or i have to be seriously worried about GW2 becoming even more the game, that turned out to be the opposite of what it wanted to be.

I know, that there always be a meta and that’s just fine, but the difference in GW2’s PvE between zerker and “all else” is like day and night.

It was all my fault.

I’m sorry.

#puglyfe

First rule of #puglyfe, never admit your faults, blame everyone else instead

Jerus.4350

Well lets be honest, The Dungeon team wasn’t given much of a chance to learn from their mistakes and build upon the structure.

wauwi.9162

Well lets be honest, The Dungeon team wasn’t given much of a chance to learn from their mistakes and build upon the structure.

Agreed.
The TA Aether-Path sure was a step in the right direction.
More of that, please.

Though, they can iron out their design flaws on existing dungeons, without shaking up the zerk-meta’s comfort-zone too much.
I’m speaking of adding “Hardmode”.

The PvE community is already heavily split between meta and anti-meta (i’m kinda both), so not implementing one, even tho the resources and know-how is there (like fractal instabilities), taking both sides and say “NOW KISS!” isn’t really gonna help.

But that’s a discussion for dungeon discussion thread. Sorry i brought it up, back on track:

“Sell AC Story 1,5g, Boss @0,1%”

Jerus.4350

:D you’re right, wrong thread, but I can’t help but say that I really dislike Aetherpath… I hope they don’t do more stuff like that, or moreover, I hope they expand upon combat more, rather than puzzles.

dlonie.6547

The PvE community is already heavily split between meta and anti-meta (i’m kinda both), so not implementing [hard mode], even tho the resources and know-how is there (like fractal instabilities), taking both sides and say “NOW KISS!” isn’t really gonna help.

Right? This would make things so much better for both groups:

- Players that would just like to casually run an easy version of a dungeon wouldn’t have to worry about conforming to some standard that they don’t care about.
- Players that are serious about their dungeon runs could have more difficult content that better justifies the requirements placed on their groups.

It seems like it’d be such a godsend for this game.

Perhaps they’d be more open to an “easy vs. normal” mode for dungeons instead of “normal vs. hard”? It could be the same thing, just with different labels — except these labels would help bolster their reputation as the “casual friendly” MMO.

Posted by: GiraffeRampage.6420

GiraffeRampage.6420

this game is almost 3 years old and they are just now fixing camera collision, i wouldnt hold my breath for a simplified lfg filter anytime soon although i am all for it.

wauwi.9162

Urgh, just got kicked mid fractals for having a DC.
I wasn’t being kicked during the DC, when i got back and apologized, i got the kick in my face.

#puglyfe

I’m pretty sure, they’ll do just fine without me – with the warrior, who claims to have a consistent DPS of 35k.

Sure didn’t looked like it, when he started rifling, but what do i know, i’m just a ranger peasant.

#noscope360

Posted by: allire.3984

allire.3984

What’s so wrong about it? You were having fun, isn’t it the most important thing?
I still run something like this on my thief, occasionally I pug dungeons or fractals (low-level, I’ll admit), and I’ve never got a complaint. Last parts of LS, I even helped people to get their achievements with this setup – it all worked out just fine. Granted, I won’t do any speed-clears with it, but I am not interested in those anyway. Yet you imply I should be ashamed of myself for not running meta zerk? I think that’s a bit harsh.

This one feels like a flower!..

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

The PvE community is already heavily split between meta and anti-meta (i’m kinda both), so not implementing [hard mode], even tho the resources and know-how is there (like fractal instabilities), taking both sides and say “NOW KISS!” isn’t really gonna help.

Right? This would make things so much better for both groups:

- Players that would just like to casually run an easy version of a dungeon wouldn’t have to worry about conforming to some standard that they don’t care about.
- Players that are serious about their dungeon runs could have more difficult content that better justifies the requirements placed on their groups.

It seems like it’d be such a godsend for this game.

Perhaps they’d be more open to an “easy vs. normal” mode for dungeons instead of “normal vs. hard”? It could be the same thing, just with different labels — except these labels would help bolster their reputation as the “casual friendly” MMO.

They already stated there will never be a Hard Mode for GW2. Why? They say it splits the playerbase.

The genius statement of the year. It splits the playerbase so we won’t do it. Well? Your playerbase is already split Anet, and no matter how long you wait, those 2 different type of players are NEVER getting along. It’s impossible.

What do we end up with? Instead of trying to find a balance for the two type of players they go all-in on the casual type. This game’s design decisions are such a constant disapointment.

Posted by: LootBag.8142

LootBag.8142

One of my creations:

CoF p1-3; no warriors, no rangers, no necros, no thieves, no mesmers, no eles, no guardians, no engineers

Ninelives LootBag [HoB]

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Prepare yourselves..

You forgot to erase his name in the bottom

filthy casual

dlonie.6547

What’s so wrong about it? You were having fun, isn’t it the most important thing?
I still run something like this on my thief, occasionally I pug dungeons or fractals (low-level, I’ll admit), and I’ve never got a complaint. Last parts of LS, I even helped people to get their achievements with this setup – it all worked out just fine. Granted, I won’t do any speed-clears with it, but I am not interested in those anyway. Yet you imply I should be ashamed of myself for not running meta zerk? I think that’s a bit harsh.

Emphasis mine — I implied no such thing. I’m rather blown away by the defensiveness…

Take a deep breath there, buddy. If you’re having fun with that build, go nuts! I don’t have a problem with that. I just started running more seriously at some point and got more interested in learning the meta. And that build is about as far from the meta as you can get — the DPS is quite poor and it traits a lot of utility that isn’t generally useful in a dungeon. But like I said, fun as hell.

There is no offense intended in my statement, I’m honestly surprised you managed to find any.

hug

DonQuack.9025

Se story. helping 3 lowbies. 24k mesmer trolling hard. pro golems 1 lowbie rq’s because of deaths from projectiles. I switch to mes and then suddenly 24kap mes finds fb.

switch to ele

forgets it exists. follows me for some reason. i just suicide and watch.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Se story. helping 3 lowbies. 24k mesmer trolling hard. pro golems 1 lowbie rq’s because of deaths from projectiles. I switch to mes and then suddenly 24kap mes finds fb.

switch to ele

translation?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Self-explanatory.

Attachments:

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

DonQuack.9025

switch to ele

translation?

:D I was a bit awake on ambien when I wrote that.

Joined a party on my thief asking for help on CE story. Comp as

~ 61ish war sub 500apish
~ 66ish ele sub 600ap
~80 war 1.2kish ap
~80 mesmer 24k+ ap
~ me
I smile thinking kitten time with my thief since mesmer has projectiles covered.

Map finishes loading and the ele and both wars are downed at the starting bridge.

I fly in smoke screen bring up the ele (cuz <3 eles) and begin to kitten the surviving ratpeople. Recognizing the threat they ignore everyone else and start doing their leap bs and quickscop3s.

Thats when I realise Im getting shot and mouse over the mesmer. 24k. Rotate screen. See little purple balls flying around. Realise that I havent seen a chaos storm.

Lvl 80 war rq’s. From what I gather that wasnt the first attempt at the bridge.

I log out and switch to guardian. Things go easier. That is until “someone” decides to grab 3 groups of ratpeople. Rat people notice my threat and literally all of them do that leap bullcrap onto me and insta dead me.

Thats when I realise im the only one in melee range.

I log out as they begin to drop one by one. Switch to mesmer. Time to show that mes how to properly support team.

Get back in and we proceed to attack. again only one in melee but doesnt matter. Im better in melee on my mes than guard. I properly pull with focus, use fb, properly time and chain focus reflects. Melt the enemy with people taking almost no damage.

Get to 1st golem/ other rat people boss.

Other mes runs in with gs and literally pushes 1-9. I notice fb. Odd. it seems mes has it now and is using it “relatively” wisely.

I log out and switch to ele.

bad impression was made to newbies. Though they prolly didnt know what was happening was that bad anyways.

Q~ why is it my zerk ele has less health than lvl 60’s?

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

“CoE p3 warriors and eles DD are welcomed”
I joined and asked what dd means.
A guard answered that DD stands for damage dealer.
I said that we all are DD. And surprise surprise the guard claimed that he was support. I pointed that support can be done with berserkrr gear… Silence.
A necro joined and keept the speed signet. I wished them good luck.

I dont recall.exactly but the guard was well beyond 10K AP so was the necro.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Jerus.4350

“CoE p3 warriors and eles DD are welcomed”
I joined and asked what dd means.
A guard answered that DD stands for damage dealer.
I said that we all are DD. And surprise surprise the guard claimed that he was support. I pointed that support can be done with berserkrr gear… Silence.
A necro joined and keept the speed signet. I wished them good luck.

I dont recall.exactly but the guard was well beyond 10K AP so was the necro.

But Vitality and Toughness make my Wall of Reflection last longer right? no? Well it lowers the cooldown on Purging flames! No? not that either? umm… well healing power makes my shared Virtue of Resolve heal for 20 more every 3s! got you there! I’m support!

wauwi.9162

But Vitality and Toughness make my Wall of Reflection last longer right? no? Well it lowers the cooldown on Purging flames! No? not that either? umm… well healing power makes my shared Virtue of Resolve heal for 20 more every 3s! got you there! I’m support!

Reminds me of the war, i’ve had a few days ago in my “CM full run lv zerk only” party.
Noticed how little damage he dealt, even with 20+ might and asked “do you even zerk , bro?” and he answered “only half zerk” and i had to ask “why?”.

“Because my phalanx strength build doesn’t work with full zerk”

Attachments:

(edited by wauwi.9162)

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

6k AP and gear ping req for CoF 1.

Kicked for using healing signet instead of healing surge.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

well healing surge is good for starting fights with 15%+ from berserker’s power

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

(…)
Sorry i brought it up, back on track:

“Sell AC Story 1,5g, Boss @0,1%”

I’m sorry, maybe I’m just a bit slower, but can you please explain to me what’s wrong with this one? As far as I know, not only it’s perfectly possible to get him to low health and AFK near him, but it is also achievable without exploiting (well… standing directly in front of him is kinda safespotting – nonetheless anet doesn’t care). If it’s the price, you might be surprised that good amount of people are willing to pay so much for AC story. Maybe they need to have it done on an alt but don’t want to go through it again.
So… I don’t really get it.

wauwi.9162

So… I don’t really get it.

First, AC story mode is super-duper easy. It’s simply the easiest dungeon you can run in all of GW2.
Really, you can solo it with a fully geared lv80 char, even if you’re bad at this game and a group of 80’s simply runs through that thing in not time.

Second, if you want to open explorable dungeons with your toon, simply LFG with your main and switch characters, when the group fills or LFG with your toon and only switch to your main, if nobody can open.

And third, there isn’t even a token reward at the end.

I don’t see any reason why people would wanna spend gold on buying story mode dungeons, except maybe for arah.

(edited by wauwi.9162)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Because they are pvp players that have no interest in pve and would rather buy the story to get the reward track open for said dungeon?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

rat people boss

/clap