Your best LFG reads and puglife stories

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

today i first advertised AC All Paths Zerk Only and got 3 warriors.

So i left and advertised Ac zerk only no warriors and got 2 warriors.

i left and advertised the same thing again and got 2 warriors.

once again i left and advertised the same thing and got 1 warrior. I decided fine w/e he cant be that bad, and then it turns out he and 2 others’ weren’t berserker.

How hard can it be to read the lfg. The warriors in my first two attempts were astonished i even tried to exclude them and one started getting mad when i asked him to switch xD. Oh it was annoying but it was fun.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

2 hours for a fractal lv49. I thought that high level fractals meant good players…

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

I don’t want to go into all the details and relive the nightmare. Let me say this: when you say that a path is easy, it’s your favorite, and you clear it all the time, yet you can barely explain the mechanics of a single fight, use almost none of your utilities to help the group, and aid in bringing a dungeon run to an hour and a half when it should be 45 mins at the worst, and in general don’t understand the concept of a team, you’re bad.

Trying to bite the bullet and do dungeons around level has been a slog. I don’t think I’ll try it outside of guild again too often.

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

Got served by a greatsword mesmer in zerk only CM.

‘If you knew anything about mesmer you would know that GS is good for certain situations’

I guess all of CM was a good situation for this. >_>

that’s what all GS mesmers use as their excuse

“GS is good for certain situations”

well please name these situations

roleplaying

432 to actually do some damage before bosses die

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

i use whatever I feel like in a dungeon, usually guard/ele or necro (unless carrying friends/guildies, when I play what can carry hardest for that path).
My listing is “all 80s expd”. 9/10 of my dungeon runs are slick, stress free, and mellow. No ping required, any class welcome. If someone is obviously kitten y they usually end up leaving or getting kicked after they mess up a few times. No drama, new 5th added instantly, move on.
I’ve run with hardcore zerk meta groups and they more consistently instagib the bosses, but waiting on the lfg to fill up with exactly who is wanted etc, kitten waving and tension and the inevitable kicks/quits often evens out the time investment.

#relaxedlife

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

today i first advertised AC All Paths Zerk Only and got 3 warriors.

So i left and advertised Ac zerk only no warriors and got 2 warriors.

i left and advertised the same thing again and got 2 warriors.

once again i left and advertised the same thing and got 1 warrior. I decided fine w/e he cant be that bad, and then it turns out he and 2 others’ weren’t berserker.

How hard can it be to read the lfg. The warriors in my first two attempts were astonished i even tried to exclude them and one started getting mad when i asked him to switch xD. Oh it was annoying but it was fun.

When I log to my warr and go for dungeons, I don’t expect people question my competency to finish that dungeon. I do top dps (dat axe 5 or killshot woooow ) and support the party with banners and might, 5 warrs = 5 x the best (even better if all are PS, we support each other).

How dare you ask me to switch a class when I want to facetank the boss for you?!!! It’s your fault your lfg didn’t ask for all warrior group, I am here kindly offering you my awesomness.

Bow to your superior and don’t talk when I ignore your lfg.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

Couple times I’ve posted ‘must be my BFF for life’

Actually had a few people /friend me before joining. lol

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Guys, on your LFG for high level fractals, do you ask for meta builds? I had an horrible experience at lv 49: very bad dps, a necro using signet of the locust the whole run…

I’ve had some “fun” experiences with a certain locust signet necro who claimed he “plays at the highest possible level” :>

Wonder if it’s the same guy…

Posted by: GlenCoco.2074

GlenCoco.2074

Guys, on your LFG for high level fractals, do you ask for meta builds? I had an horrible experience at lv 49: very bad dps, a necro using signet of the locust the whole run…

I’ve had some “fun” experiences with a certain locust signet necro who claimed he “plays at the highest possible level” :>

Wonder if it’s the same guy…

But he told me signet of the locust was meta!

Coco
[TC] Tarnished Cult

Ryn.6459

Even at fractals lv 50 do I have to find ft camping engis? I died a little inside evrytime I saw ft aa. The good news, a good ranger on the pug. We cant have evrything

Posted by: Gagle Dan.6571

Gagle Dan.6571

Me and my friend do daily pug adventures as 2 engies its amazing how hard you can carry you got all the stealth, vuln, blinds, reflects, condi clear and imobs you could want. Our lfg posts our just pug adventures bring your cookies so we get all kings of people from axe spirit rangers to mace wars.

Ryn.6459

That is the thing. Engis are so good, well, can be so good. For instance, I asked for stealth pass the harpies… Got silenci.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

But the harpies drop powerful bloods. :3

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Got served by a greatsword mesmer in zerk only CM.

‘If you knew anything about mesmer you would know that GS is good for certain situations’

I guess all of CM was a good situation for this. >_>

I got served by my own guildmate. (Randomly asking for groups in a 300man guild is essentially pugging). Greatsword mesmer, tells me how to play thief in dredge fractal. Needless to say his method was inefficient and his willingness to listen to me was nonexistent. But hey killing every dredge there is the right way to go right?

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Ryn.6459

But the harpies drop powerful bloods.

By the way, I have to craft an ascended armor for my Engi… As I want to main him for fractals. The current meta would be assassins, right? I wondering, tho, wether anyone has actually tested a mix with sinistre stats.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

By the way, I have to craft an ascended armor for my Engi… As I want to main him for fractals. The current meta would be assassins, right? I wondering, tho, wether anyone has actually tested a mix with sinistre stats.

I wouldn’t go sinister because of current issues with condi’s and condi’s in general. Now in the beta preview HoT seems to have removed the cap on bleeds but you still have the burning issues. I’m curious on the math assuming no stacking issues on the difference, but I’d still say Assassin or Zerk would be the way to go as even if sinister may edge out those two I doubt it’d be by a large margin at all, and until HoT is released we still have those stacking issues (and maybe even after HoT they haven’t said stacks are going away).

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

the meta is “zerk with enough assassin to hit 100% crit rate buffed”. to me that means earrings, hat, shoulder, glove, shoe are assassin (assuming im ever motivated to fill out my infusion slots with 5 prec / 5 ar infusions) to hit 63% base so that when i have a warrior in party i dont overdo precision.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Yeah assassins/zerker is the way to go. Sinister is only good for carrying super bad pugs or soloing stuff.

I currently use head, coat, pants, accessories and weapons as assassins and the rest are zerker which gets me to 62,33% base crit chance and with buffs I get to 90% and after mobs get to 50% Target the Weak kicks in and gets me to 100% cc.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Sinister should be a good setup, but unfortunately Condition themselves have a lot of problem.

Condition build vs Power build are really similar in term of overall dps except for one thing. Damage modifier. They are powerful, stack well together and don’t affect condition.

In PvP, taking a lot of damage modifier isn’t reliable since you sacrifice too much survivability. So in this situation condition is on the same level as power, each with their own strength and weakness.

In PvE Solo, you start to see a difference. Power build are usually (depending on the profession) a bit higher in DPS, but condition build don’t suffer as much from using a range weapon as power build does (condition hit as hard if they come from a bow or a sword). That’s why certain profession actually have really good condition build in solo situation.

In PvE group problem are even bigger. Additional damage modifier can be apply, which aggravate the difference in term of dps between condition and power build. But the condition cap start to make a even bigger difference at this point.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Ryn.6459

Ok.

I haven’t touch my engi since the ranger runes fix (I was using full zerker+ranger runes+mini), so time to put him working again.

Jerus.4350

Ok.

I haven’t touch my engi since the ranger runes fix (I was using full zerker+ranger runes+mini), so time to put him working again.

Engi is life!

Ryn.6459

Yeah. Unfortunately, I never find a reason to use engi over ele in dungeons… So let’s see how it goes at high level fractals.

Jerus.4350

Yeah. Unfortunately, I never find a reason to use engi over ele in dungeons… So let’s see how it goes at high level fractals.

Engi’s niche in fractals is their Immob, great in many situations especially with groups that fall back to range on things like Archdiviner. Then of course the vuln is nice. Other than that it’s kind of the same as dungeons in that Ele/Thief can cover it better (stealth/blind/might/whatever). I actually used to run double Engi a lot with a friend and I loved it

Ryn.6459

I am happy to disagree. On fractals you can’t melt every mob with glyph of storm + ice bow. So sustained vulnerability has a place.

(edited by Ryn.6459)

Jerus.4350

I am happy to disagree. On fractals you can’t melt every mob with glyph of storm + ice bow. So sustained vulnerability has a place.

For sure, just with war/thief/ele and the on crit vuln stuff you’re pretty high on stacks already generally, but yeah, like I said in the last post, it’s nice of course

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

The feels when a person who called you a noob joins your “thank you only” solo run. Doesnt say thank you and leaves.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

I pug war pinged his gear today. I saw he had rage runes, so I asked him ‘why rage runes’.

He said
fury

Just another Arah veteran

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Rage runes are ok for budget runes.

Ryn.6459

A thief stealthing himself at cannon phase on mai trin…. Grrrrrr

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Or when im on thief and say ill stealth u if ur low on health and an ele mist forms out of sr…Grrrrr

Lorgus.6148

Or when im on thief and say ill stealth u if ur low on health and an ele mist forms out of sr…Grrrrr

Pretty much every profession with a downed blink that does that. I can’t count the number of times I’ve started rezzing a downed mesmer only to have them blink away :P

Jerus.4350

Pretty much every profession with a downed blink that does that. I can’t count the number of times I’ve started rezzing a downed mesmer only to have them blink away :P

… I do that sometimes, but, only when I see a big attack coming and I’m praying to RNGjesus to get me the hell out of there so I don’t go full dead.

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

PUG run with 3 noobs, see funniest moment attached

Attachments:

Just another Arah veteran

Posted by: AtriustheGod.6785

AtriustheGod.6785

This is one way to avoid the extremely tedious task of pinging your banner.

I really wanted to join with 3 other warriors and drop FIVE banners of discipline.

Attachments:

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

This is one way to avoid the extremely tedious task of pinging your banner.

I really wanted to join with 3 other warriors and drop FIVE banners of discipline.

“I got this[Banner of Tactics]”

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I took a week break from gw2, came back and decided to do some fractals. I joined “lvl50 2nd, need second ele”
I play s/f might and fury.

It started bit weird, i joined on ascalon, first gate opened, looking at the map and vets dead along the several uncleared paths. I was wondering how did that happen and what happened to previous 2 members. That became clear soon.

Here is a little piece of glorious chat, we got fire shaman and they still kept arguing and arguing and arguing. I said to myself “nope” and left.

edi: the last insult is from mesmer not ele, i highlighted it in wrong colour because it was so much highlighting going on i got confused.

Attachments:

(edited by Oxidia.8103)

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

1. Cause the one there didn’t have one…
2. Post for heavies only. Starter not a heavy. Gets only non-heavies.
3. Stacking Guards new dps meta.
4. Pew pew pew

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Lorgus.6148

1. Cause the one there didn’t have one…
2. Post for heavies only. Starter not a heavy. Gets only non-heavies.
3. Stacking Guards new dps meta.
4. Pew pew pew

lmao that triple guard party with “Need dps” =D

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I had a quite interesting elementalist today on my team. Literally on every boss, he either used ice bow when boss was almost dead or half of the team had downed.

And this was in AC where one good burst would just melt everything.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Mythicnova.6317

Mythicnova.6317

This was from a while back.

Attachments:

Posted by: GoD Obelisk.3057

GoD Obelisk.3057

So i had the joy of playing ac p3 with this ele today who was a self claimed “expert” because apparently he ran with all the expert guilds. We were at graveling stalker and he hits us and gets distortion, stack gets broken and he says get back in stack so he evades less, told him stack has nothing to do with evade as he gets distortion on hit at which point he tells me “believe what you want to” i tell him its written right under his name lol and he just says “nah” Goes on to act all pompous and tell us about how he is an “expert” lol. And all this time he joined a party where we were running a lower level(45), new guildie through it..like really. Rags on him for picking up IB at burrows, we had 3 eles in party so not even like IB was a rarity and not that you need one absolutely to do it. Idk what to say..lol. Neither did we had trouble with any boss or anything either..just being a kitten for purpose of being one is stupid.

GoD Obelisk.3057

Btw the person who the stalker hit, she sadly had lag and the lfg never asked for exp or even 80, just said kill last boss after reset.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

GoD Obelisk.3057

Dint know that existed, will keep in mind for future.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I generally run with two close friends.

One mains a warrior, the other an ele while I main a guard

We decided to do AC path 1

This day the warrior wasn’t on just me and the ele. And another guildie who was learning to play an Ele. So i ran warrior in stead when a guard joined us. Then we got a ranger, which I don’t mind. I got nothing against them if they play well.

We get to Kholer, the ranger lets his pet off the leash. We type in party, "Control your pet. " He then says "I keep clicking Stow but it doesn’t do anything "

Despite this we manage to get him to 10% ish health when everyone goes down.

I remark in party chat that “this is why I hate rangers” I got a big F you, then the ranger left. Followed by the guard, we posted again got another guard and a mesmer

This time we blew through it, even though the guard was PVT. At the end he was like “Wow that was a smooth run.” I was thinking….if you only

P.S. ranger had over 15k ap points

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

iirc there is currently a bug where ranger pets wont listen to commands. so…

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Prototypemind.4026

Yep, ranger pets are bugged.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Point taken. It isn’t the first time I had a ranger not mange his pet correctly. Not sure of the exact day this run was, bout a week ago maybe? If I was wrong I was wrong.

Still I don’t know for sure if he was clicking to if he really was clicking Stow (which at the time I took for him trying to hide it), or trying to pull it back to us, he could have at least swapped to his second pet if nothing else.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

Prototypemind.4026

I don’t think I’ve ever played a game where where a group of all new players sans one—with a late 3rd quarter sub—clearing content on their first try isn’t pretty much the highest standard. Of Bladex’s post, Dhorgar, let me say, * waves hand * these are not the bads you’re looking for.

Posted by: Taury.7108

Taury.7108

Choo choo, keep the lfg train going

Attachments: