last developer feedback here 7 months ago?!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Lol, what? That highlighted bit is the best part about your entire post. We work pretty hard to find the best possible tactics and builds in order to clear content as fast as possible. This takes skill and knowledge.

So, there is no skill involved in clearing every possible dungeon path in the game in 10-15 minutes, I guess. I mean, it’s so easy even PUGs can do it.

Oh wait, no it’s not, PUGs take 40 minutes to an hour for a path we clear in 10 minutes.

Come tell me how easy it is to trivialize content when you did Arah p3 in <15 minutes or killed lupi in under a minute. Or when you can clear every CoE path in <12 minutes. Or when you can kill Subject Alpha in 12 seconds flat.

And kittening LOL at that part about the GW2 subreddit being semi-good players. Most of them are a bunch of sh*tters that can’t stand it when people point out how bad their builds/play style are, even if you do it constructively.

I have earned every single bit of the gold I made. I flat out refuse to run CoF p1 for example, whereas scrubs and sh*tters are making more money than I am when doing Arah or any other dungeon that isn’t CoE while they’re running that joke of a dungeon.

If there is anyone that doesn’t deserve the money they make it’s the CoF p1 crowd.

from what I’ve seen in those Speed-Run videos your playstyle isn’t about fast reflexes but about knowledge of how to trivialize content. I didn’t say this was easy, I said that you make it easy because of your knowledge (which I’m sure is difficult to figure out).

Pugs don’t know that enemies won’t cast AOEs when everyone is in melee. Are you telling me people who survive AOE by dodging at the right moments haven’t had a harder time to survive?

calling a whole community a bunch of sh*tters shows only that you can’t cope with other peoples opinion that not everybody likes this playstyle. If I’m a sh*tter because I enjoy using my reflexes, because I enjoy playing ranged, and I don’t care about theorycrafting and figuring out what the fastest way of playing is (because I don’t want to rush through a dungeon in 15min)… then I’m proud to be a sh*tter.

at least I agree with you on the CoF p1 crowd

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

So, there is no skill involved in clearing every possible dungeon path in the game in 10-15 minutes, I guess. I mean, it’s so easy even PUGs can do it.

Lets stick to the truth here buddy

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Lol, what? That highlighted bit is the best part about your entire post. We work pretty hard to find the best possible tactics and builds in order to clear content as fast as possible. This takes skill and knowledge.

Oh wait, no it’s not, PUGs take 40 minutes to an hour for a path we clear in 10 minutes.

Come tell me how easy it is to trivialize content when you did Arah p3 in <15 minutes or killed lupi in under a minute. Or when you can clear every CoE path in <12 minutes. Or when you can kill Subject Alpha in 12 seconds flat.

And kittening LOL at that part about the GW2 subreddit being semi-good players. Most of them are a bunch of sh*tters that can’t stand it when people point out how bad their builds/play style are, even if you do it constructively.

I have earned every single bit of the gold I made. I flat out refuse to run CoF p1 for example, whereas scrubs and sh*tters are making more money than I am when doing Arah or any other dungeon that isn’t CoE while they’re running that joke of a dungeon.

If there is anyone that doesn’t deserve the money they make it’s the CoF p1 crowd.

from what I’ve seen in those Speed-Run videos your playstyle isn’t about fast reflexes but about knowledge of how to trivialize content. I didn’t say this was easy, I said that you make it easy because of your knowledge (which I’m sure is difficult to figure out).

Pugs don’t know that enemies won’t cast AOEs when everyone is in melee. Are you telling me people who survive AOE by dodging at the right moments haven’t had a harder time to survive?

calling a whole community a bunch of sh*tters shows only that you can’t cope with other peoples opinion that not everybody likes this playstyle. If I’m a sh*tter because I enjoy using my reflexes, because I enjoy playing ranged, and I don’t care about theorycrafting and figuring out what the fastest way of playing is (because I don’t want to rush through a dungeon in 15min)… then I’m proud to be a sh*tter.

at least I agree with you on the CoF p1 crowd

News flash, we still dodge things. And enemies still do AOE’s in melee range. Also playing ranged is easy mode. If we wanted to take the easiest path, ranged is what we’d play.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Marcus Greythorne.6843

let me make it clear again: I have nothing against Speed Runners. I just don’t like it that people who do not enjoy this way of playing are looked down upon. Players who haven’t figured out the mechanics can still be great players because of the way they react in combat and help their team survive.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Lets stick to the truth here buddy

Aight, let’s scratch Arah p4 and SE p2 off the list.

Outside of that, technically I can clear any of the dungeon paths in <15 minutes. And the only path on that list that requires exploits to pull that off is Arah p1 and p2 (although a completely perfect p2 run could actually be <15, it’s just insanely hard). And almost all of the other ones (bar HotW p2 and 3 which I’ve done only once and don’t really care about doing ever again), I have done <15 minutes. In fact, if I spent some time figuring out how to break Arah p4, I’m pretty sure I could add that to the list as well.

So, that means the only path I am 100% sure I can’t potentially clear in <15 minutes is SE path 2 and Arah p1, 2 and 4 require mild to semi-heavy glitching to pull it off.

His post is like the people that used to tell us DoA tanking took no skill, because Shadow Form was “the push-to-win button” anyway.

let me make it clear again: I have nothing against Speed Runners. I just don’t like it that people who do not enjoy this way of playing are looked down upon. Players who haven’t figured out the mechanics can still be great players because of the way they react in combat and help their team survive.

Implying we can’t dodge? Have you tried melee’ing lupi? I guess that involves no dodging or skill either.

I didn’t write in that inflammatory post because I look down upon you for not liking speedruns, you can play the game however you like. But unless you actually know what you’re talking about, don’t pretend that our tactics take no skill.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

(edited by Bright.9160)

Marcus Greythorne.6843

News flash, we still dodge things. And enemies still do AOE’s in melee range. Also playing ranged is easy mode. If we wanted to take the easiest path, ranged is what we’d play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_83498&feature=iv&src_vid=0I2sIfWNoFw&v=cNfHSX7jDa4

not sure I saw a dodge there…

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Shadow form always bugged for me, hungers always used skills on me(

But yea, people don’t tend to have much appreciation for fast runs, its like some mentality of faster = easier, which isn’t ALWAYS true. One day people might accept that.

Bright.9160

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_83498&feature=iv&src_vid=0I2sIfWNoFw&v=cNfHSX7jDa4

That video is pre-patch and their builds ironically enough look absolutely terrible. Not a single banner and all of them had signets…

Funny though, because I sure saw a couple of well timed dodges on that end boss.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Marcus Greythorne.6843

That video is pre-patch and their builds ironically enough look absolutely terrible. Not a single banner and all of them had signets…

Funny though, because I sure saw a couple of well timed dodges on that end boss.

well I didn’t bother to watch this nonsense till the end. So their builds were terrible? So you could do it even faster? Well… I expected that, and it only proves me right.

Bright.9160

well I didn’t bother to watch this nonsense till the end. So their builds were terrible? So you could do it even faster? Well… I expected that, and it only proves me right.

“I didn’t see any dodges in the video I used to prove my point. I also didn’t even watch the entire thing.”

It proves you right, how? That it takes no skill to speedrun? I can do it faster, hence I must be less skillful than those warriors.

Your logic is flawless.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

“I didn’t see any dodges in the video I used to prove my point. I also didn’t even watch the entire thing.”

It proves you right, how? That it takes no skill to speedrun? I can do it faster, hence I must be less skillful than those warriors.

Your logic is flawless.

I didn’t see any skill in that video. Just warriors doing 100b

Bright.9160

I didn’t really pay attention to the skill rotations, but if you think it’s 100b that is what makes us go so fast or do so much damage, you know even less about speed running than I though you did.

100b isn’t such a great skill most people make it out to be.

Especially after the update, it’s going to be less DPS than just your axe DPS chain.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It takes skill to speed-run something fast. It doesn’t take much skill to use same tactics but do it slow (or you guys think this game is hard with 5 decent players?).

Especially after the update, it’s going to be less DPS than just your axe DPS chain.

I have bit hard time believing this. Unless you are talking about Greatsword dps.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I didn’t really pay attention to the skill rotations, but if you think it’s 100b that is what makes us go so fast or do so much damage, you know even less about speed running than I though you did.

It seems you couldn’t bear watching the clip yourself, from what I saw those warriors used the ghastly greatsword. It only makes it worse if axe kills enemies even faster. You wanna tell me this was skillful play?

I’m sure (actually I’m not) that these warriors are skillfull players, but they are trivializing the encounters so far that there is no need for them to show skill.

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

Bright.9160

It seems you couldn’t bear watching the clip yourself, from what I saw those warriors used the ghastly greatsword. It only makes it worse if axe kills enemies even faster. You wanna tell me this was skillful play?

You got me there, I only skimmed through it a bit, and only watched the full boss fight.

I noticed they were all in Ascalon gear and wielding Ghastly GS.

And, no I wouldn’t say what those guys do is skillful play, but what they’re doing is far from what we’re doing in our runs. You’re pretending our tactics and runs are all a “run in, press 2 to win” fest where everyone just slams their face against the keyboard.

Bright.9160

It takes skill to speed-run something fast. It doesn’t take much skill to use same tactics but do it slow (or you guys think this game is hard with 5 decent players?).

I have bit hard time believing this. Unless you are talking about Greatsword dps.

I have to admit that I’m going off on second hand information here, but Nikaido tested a bunch of builds in Orr with someone else, and he said that he concluded that a good Axe rotation will out-DPS the GS + Axe/mace rotation with a 30/25/0/0/15 build.

swiftpaw.6397

LOL one video? And it’s ac to boot huehuehue. Not to mention a bunch of outdated builds and gameplay. Pls, show me how you are meleeing lupi without dodging or using any evasive skills. You can do that right? since it’s soooo easy.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

I have to admit that I’m going off on second hand information here, but Nikaido tested a bunch of builds in Orr with someone else, and he said that he concluded that a good Axe rotation will out-DPS the GS + Axe/mace rotation with a 30/25/0/0/15 build.

He tested it with me, we compared the 20/25/0/10/15 build with proper rotation to the 30/25/0/0/15 build with just spamming the 2-4 skills on CD and then auto attacking. The gs build was about the same kill time as the axe build with a full boon bar (nikaido was there just giving me boons to get the full % increase from empower). But if i had to ever stop my 100b due to anything like the need for a dodge or a CC from the enemy the GS would kill much slower since 100b is a huge part of its dps. So the axe not only delivers about the same DPS but you also can dodge and not kitten up your rotation. so IMO its much better to stay on axe and only use GS when your in a corner and can WW into it.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Did your “gs build” also include Axe auto-attacks?

I mean it’s not anything new that Greatsword has poor auto-attack.

Delay.6908

Did your “gs build” also include Axe auto-attacks?

yes, it was the standard 20/25/0/10/15. I use 100b, then WW, then swap in the middle of the channel after 3 procs to stay in melee, then use the vlun skills on axe, then auto, switch ASAP, 100b, WW interrupt, axe auto etc….

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Marcus Greythorne.6843

LOL one video? And it’s ac to boot huehuehue. Not to mention a bunch of outdated builds and gameplay. Pls, show me how you are meleeing lupi without dodging or using any evasive skills. You can do that right? since it’s soooo easy.

May 1st, 2013

good example: Operative Belka (1:39 – 1:54). That boss got so fast burned down that mechanics were nearly completely ignored. Just put up a wall of reflection and burn him down in a few seconds. Sure there are exceptions, but those don’t devaluate my point, which is: most encounters are harder if you don’t know how to break those (Belka).

swiftpaw.6397

good example: operative Belka. That boss got so fast burned down that mechanics were nearly completely ignored. Just put up a wall of reflection and burn him down in a few seconds. Sure there are exceptions, but those don’t devaluate my point, which is: most encounters are harder if you don’t know how to break those (Belka).

Sorry what? where’s Lupi? Oh and throw in alpha while you’re at it.. and hey just for kittens and giggles, Lava shaman fotm 48. If you want to make some generalization, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Sorry what? where’s Lupi? Oh and throw in alpha while you’re at it.. and hey just for kittens and giggles, Lava shaman fotm 48. If you want to make some generalization, you’re gonna have a bad time.

just because a few bosses are hard doesn’t mean that other content can’t be broken by people who know how. What’s your point?

Delay.6908

just because a few bosses are hard doesn’t mean that other content can’t be broken by people who know how. What’s your point?

just because a few bosses are easy doesn’t mean that all other content can be broken just as easily by people who know how. What’s your point?

Dr Winston | [DnT]

swiftpaw.6397

What’s yours? You want to make some silly argument about how because people are meleeing, they are trivializing boss fights when I just provided 3 examples that would say otherwise. I can add more if you would like. You then cling to fights that were never hard to begin with regardless of melee.

Bright.9160

good example: Operative Belka (1:39 – 1:54). That boss got so fast burned down that mechanics were nearly completely ignored. Just put up a wall of reflection and burn him down in a few seconds. Sure there are exceptions, but those don’t devaluate my point, which is: most encounters are harder if you don’t know how to break those (Belka).

And you think that doesn’t take skill?

It’s easy to spam 100b and some autoattacks, but your DPS will not be high enough to pull something off like this. Pulling off optimal rotations like DnT and we use on our runs actually takes skill.

I’ve seen Belka die that fast as well, but usually she teleports once around 5-10% health. And you’ll notice really fast when there are warriors in your group that don’t pull off the highest DPS rotations, because the bossfights will take noticeably longer. And I’ve been guilty of that as well. If you’re tired or just having an off-day, sometimes you screw up your rotations and you’ll see the DPS drop significantly.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

What’s yours? You want to make some silly argument about how because people are meleeing, they are trivializing boss fights when I just provided 3 examples that would say otherwise. I can add more if you would like. You then cling to fights that were never hard to begin with regardless of melee.

nah, Bride made a post on Reddit where she explained that certain mobs (I think it was Harpies, not sure) don’t do aoe when everyone is in melee. That’s what I was referring to.

Bright.9160

nah, Bride made a post on Reddit where she explained that certain mobs (I think it was Harpies, not sure) don’t do aoe when everyone is in melee. That’s what I was referring to.

TIL

• countering mob mechanics in order to make fights easier =/= skill
  • deliberately letting mobs use said mechanics against you = skill

swiftpaw.6397

TIL

• countering mob mechanics in order to make fights easier =/= skill
  • deliberately letting mobs use said mechanics against you = skill

Also what this has to do with his initial argument about melee in boss fights =/= skill I don’t even know.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

And you think that doesn’t take skill?

It’s easy to spam 100b and some autoattacks, but your DPS will not be high enough to pull something off like this. Pulling off optimal rotations like DnT and we use on our runs actually takes skill.

I’ve seen Belka die that fast as well, but usually she teleports once around 5-10% health. And you’ll notice really fast when there are warriors in your group that don’t pull off the highest DPS rotations, because the bossfights will take noticeably longer. And I’ve been guilty of that as well. If you’re tired or just having an off-day, sometimes you screw up your rotations and you’ll see the DPS drop significantly.

so you’re saying that a game that is all about movement is difficult because you have to be perfect in your static rotation? It probably is, but as I said the difficulty here lies in “finding out” such stuff. You speed-runners are superb in doing this. People who have no clue to stand still in front of that mob instead of dodging his aoe-attacks will have a much harder fight and they would have met a decent challenge if they get through this while not knowing the mechanics.

Don’t you understand? I respect you guys. I don’t say all you do is easy. I’m saying your most difficult part is in figuring out the battles and people who prefer other playstyle (the reactive playstyle: reacting on things that come surprisingly) have a quite difficult battle as well. You shoudn’t tell them: don’t play xy because it’s not viable. You should respect their playstlye and don’t call them noobs if they try builds they like. That’s my whole point I’m trying to make.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

no, it’s just time to stop being hostile towards the developers and rage like maniacs (not everyone should feel adressed, but quite a few) and start being constructive. Would you answer here as a developler when you’d know that kittenstorm will be incoming? You can’t talk to those people. I mean, what could you reply to “left us here to rot long ago” or the endless tomorrow post? seriously?

I don’t see why anyone has to be afraid of their customers unless they screwed up and they knew it. Even if that happens regardless of whose fault is that, just man-up, admit your mistake and start over again. Any customer wants to continue a dialog, is a customer could be saved. The truth is most morons who never run a business or a company, seeing customers as annoyed and un-appreciative would never understand this part. When customers decided to take a walk, they just quietly leave. Enough of those, here go the laid off notices.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Bright.9160

Don’t you understand? I respect you guys. I don’t say all you do is easy. I’m saying your most difficult part is in figuring out the battles and people who prefer other playstyle (the reactive playstyle: reacting on things that come surprisingly) have a quite difficult battle as well. You shoudn’t tell them: don’t play xy because it’s not viable. You should respect their playstlye and don’t call them noobs if they try builds they like. That’s my whole point I’m trying to make.

I guess we’ll end at this, because although I really do understand your point (since you finally outlined it decently), I still disagree with it.

I still think that doing the encounters the way we do is harder (skill wise) than what PUGs do by doing them at range.

They just take longer to do it.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I guess we’ll end at this, because although I really do understand your point (since you finally outlined it decently), I still disagree with it.

I still think that doing the encounters the way we do is harder (skill wise) than what PUGs do by doing them at range.

They just take longer to do it.

as I’m not on your skill-level you actually might be right and maybe I don’t see it. I have a hard time seeing it probably because I don’t know how something expected can be more difficult than something unexpected.

Bright.9160

as I’m not on your skill-level you actually might be right and maybe I don’t see it. I have a hard time seeing it probably because I don’t know how something expected can be more difficult than something unexpected.

I agree with your point that once you learn how to trivialize the content like we do, dungeons become less hard to complete and running dungeons is easier for us than for PUGs.

But you didn’t use harder/easier, you used the analogy that it would take less skill for us to do it, which I disagree with.

Maybe we understand each other better if I put it that way?

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I see I think we do now

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

The GW2 subreddit is the biggest gathering of care bears outside of Care-a-lot. It’s truly a fantastic reflection of the GW2 community at large, because they salivate over every single offering from the gem store and ready their torches and pitchforks at anyone who is critical of the devs or general direction of the game.

edit: kitten I thought this was only on page 2 I missed this entire argument about skill and melee lol.

Retired. Too many casuals.

(edited by Broadicea.8294)

swiftpaw.6397

The GW2 subreddit is the biggest gathering of care bears outside of Care-a-lot. It’s truly a fantastic reflection of the GW2 community at large, because they salivate over every single offering from the gem store and ready their torches and pitchforks at anyone who is critical of the devs or general direction of the game.

That is truly depressing.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

It’s actually a quite constructive environment where a lot more interesting ideas are discussed than here. When you post something about how to improve dungeons here in the official forums, most of the time 3 seconds later the kittenstorm begins. “Anet has promised… they are lazy,…. Bla”.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

To be fair the subreddit has gotten better over the last few months. There are still many many rabid mouth-breathing fanboys that simply cannot fathom that anyone might have any constructive criticism or might not enjoy RNG but, it’s much better than it was. It mostly boils down to

DAE hate CoF speedrunners
and/or
After X months I finally made X weapon

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

It’s actually a quite constructive environment where a lot more interesting ideas are discussed than here. When you post something about how to improve dungeons here in the official forums, most of the time 3 seconds later the kittenstorm begins. “Anet has promised… they are lazy,…. Bla”.

People on these forums are honest in expressing their frustration and irritated at the lack of results towards making better PvE content. That’s at least something I can sympathize with, and being obscene or mad usually makes for an interesting read. The Reddit community in general is filled with people that think they are clever, think making obvious puns and childish jokes are humor, and think that getting their post upvoted will save something that they hold to an artificial standard because they can’t look upon the reality of what it is. The GW2 subreddit is the same, and I hate posting there and reading the posts of feeble-minded imbeciles. I expect you to disagree with me, I expect a lot of people to, but at least you can’t downvote me to oblivion here because I’m being honest.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

They’re seriously the worst bunch of players I’ve ever seen, with the exception of a few DnTers and likeminded folks that for some crazy reason insist on trying to explain to them that the sky is blue.

It’s probably why the devs feel so comfortable posting there.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

As to the original topic, the dungeon forum just got two posts. The responses to the first post before the second was made are somewhat telling, in my opinion.

So it looks like they’re going to try and tie future Living Story segments in with dungeon updates. There may also be news about dungeon rewards coming out as part of a larger rewards summary in July.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

it’s kind of sad that no other class can do that much damage, I mean, warriors actually get to 30k+ with 100b, if I get 7k damage with my ele, i think it’s something awesome,, hell, most of the time I have 15+ stacks of might…. it’s kind of unfair

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

it’s kind of sad that no other class can do that much damage, I mean, warriors actually get to 30k+ with 100b, if I get 7k damage with my ele, i think it’s something awesome,, hell, most of the time I have 15+ stacks of might…. it’s kind of unfair

Lightning Hammer Ele hits like 15k autoattacks. GS Warrior is also pretty bad now after this latest patch.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Lightning Hammer Ele hits like 15k autoattacks. GS Warrior is also pretty bad now after this latest patch.

just checked at heart of the mists section, the conjure hammer build, 15k my kitten 2k if not critical, 3k if critical, and 6k for the final attack if critical…
30/30/0/10/0

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

(edited by Bismuth.3165)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Thats because LH ele totally relies on the team to stack fury, might (or set fire fields) and to make sure your traits all trigger. Anyway, when soloing i usually hit 5k 5k 7k which isn’t even much.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Ah, missed the good old “Normalway vs Speedrunners” from GW1….

Serious note: let everybody play how they prefer.
Just don’t think you’re better because you decided to play in one way rather than the other.
I’m talking to both sides.

I though that ex-GW1 players learned this like…4 years ago?

ps: “normalway” =/= “nabs”. For example, i run with good players, with well-though builds, yet we’re not “optimizing” gear/party composition (if become all boring zerk warriors is “optimizing”….). Just we never push for times cause playing toghether and having fun is more important than cut off 10 mins of a DG run for us.
Why you’re going so off-topic about this incredibly easy to resolve thing. Everybody play the way he wants, period.

Get back to the “why devs ignore us” rather. Where “us” is everybody who do DGs, regardless of mindset and skill and build and results behind it.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

just checked at heart of the mists section, the conjure hammer build, 15k my kitten 2k if not critical, 3k if critical, and 6k for the final attack if critical…
30/30/0/10/0

You actually miss a LOT of dmg by not putting at least 20 points into water (10% more dmg with hp above 90%). Pre patch I used to put 25, now I run 30 20 0 20 0 because the new trait 11 in fire is just awesome, it lets warriors completely drop for great justice for something better (signet of might for example). At the start of the fight the ele can easily build 30-40 seconds of fury and 9-12 might , have a guardian give might with staff and you’re at 25, when that expires have the guardian put down a fire field (he has 2 utilities for that, 5 and 10 seconds of field) and let hammer autoattack do the rest. Warriors shouldnt even need to bring signet of rage to achieve a permanent 25 might+fury :=) ofc this method requires some team coordination, but the result is great.

(edited by Luke.2643)