3 big economy problems

3 big economy problems

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

3 big problems:

1:: events and activities have low reward, like the new event is basically worthless to do even with gold reward which has 10 chest which you can get easily through dungeons or champ farm which is much less frustrating and time consuming. people mostly doing it for AP rather than reward. add this to brain dead champ farming which is even more rewarding than most of thing i know in the game including pvp and wvw, if i want to farm gold for my legendary well we all know different ways none including activities and events, the only acceptable reward is dungeons at least because you are playing the game and getting daily reward, rest in my opinion is just not acceptable, again too high or too low.

2:: TP players, i have seen you tube videos on somebody who has 7 accounts but all he does is to play TP rather than playing the game, yes that is true ,7 accounts and he is not playing the game and he and his kind are richest people in game, owning the games economy.

3:: path seller which is a obvious exploit and totally against concept of mmo, which is playing together, i have seen/known people making up to 100g a day out of path selling. this needs to be stopped particularly in this game.i have seen raid sellers in other games but it is way less in size and effect on general economy of the game and at the end you have to find a guild and do raiding, you can get away with buying for small part only and for few pieces of gear but if you want to have high end gear and achievements and cool mounts etc you better join a guild unlike this game people get dungeon master achievement by buying arah p4 and if you ask them how did you beat simin, they are like wtf is simin? as result those path sellers getting richer. unique to gw2 only in my opinion.

there could be more of such things that i do not know of. but these thing are not good for any games and promotes grinding game play.

IMPORTANT NOTE: be civilized and whether you are agree with me or not just keep it friendly please.

(edited by saye.9304)

3 big economy problems

Posted by: XApocalypse.8739

XApocalypse.8739

I agree with you on the first one, but you totally lost me on the next two. How do you think people will feel if anet was to say no more playing the trading post or making gold on the tp? That means you cant sell anything, which defeats the purpose of the trading post, and the second one yes there are people who exploit but there are lot who don’t and it wouldn’t be fair at all to people who want a challenge and to solo dungeons, just because you can’t solo a dungeon or don’t have the time to do it doesn’t mean that everyone else should be forced to not have the option to solo.

(edited by XApocalypse.8739)

3 big economy problems

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

I agree with you on the first one, but you totally lost me on the next two. How do you think people will feel if anet was to say no more playing the trading post or making gold on the tp? That means you cant sell anything, which defeats the purpose of the trading post, and the second one yes there are people who exploit but there are lot who don’t and it wouldn’t be fair at all to people who want a challenge and to solo dungeons, just because you can’t solo a dungeon or don’t have the time to do it doesn’t mean that everyone else should be forced to not have the option to solo.

you do realize the mmo stand for massively MULTI PLAYER online game. that being said i have nothing against solo eve in mmo as long as it is not exploit like path selling.
stopping people with 7 accounts to cause inflation will destroy the tp? ehhh what?

3 big economy problems

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Flipping on the TP actually takes money out of the economy. 15% every single time something is sold.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Nothing about selling dungeon paths is an exploit, and if Arah wasn’t such a gigantic poorly-balanced pain in the kitten there wouldn’t be a market for it.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

1. “I want more for less!”

• Most champ trains have been nerfed and are officially “by far not the most profitable content”.
  • Open world events and hearts give just as much reward as the amount of effort they require.
  • Yes, there are problems with reward scaling in Fractals and RNG in Tequatl and Wurm, but mostly that’s it.

2. “I want others to play the way I want!”

• Playing the TP has “playing” in it for a reason.
  • Playing on TP requires a lot of skill in researching markets and managing resources.
  • People who bought 7 accounts have financed the game 7x times more than you and are at the moment giving you more new content in a B2P game.
  • Flipping stabilizes markets.
  • Flipping sinks gold a lot (15% each transaction) and stabilizes economy.

3. “I can’t do it, so don’t let them!”

• If a person can solo a content for 5 people in a legit way, he deserves that gold.
  • If a person is exploiting content, he will be banned.
  • If a person is kicking people from parties, he will be reported for LFG abuse and banned.

TL;DR: Rants coming from people who are not willing to view the whole picture. We’ve seen that on the forum many times, and none of those are an “economy problems”.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

Well…………….. it is more simple than you guys make it look..

-Change just a single thing.
If you buy something from trade post it’s account bound….. period.

problem solved.

But since the fix is so easy and A-Net isn’t doing it i assume they have no interest in
solving it. In fact they like few rich people and millions of hard working zombies.
They try to sell gold in their gem store .

it is a shame and an insult for every GW1 vet where this beautiful game is going.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

• Most champ trains have been nerfed and are officially “by far not the most profitable content”.
  • Open world events and hearts give just as much reward as the amount of effort they require.
  • Yes, there are problems with reward scaling in Fractals and RNG in Tequatl and Wurm, but mostly that’s it.

• Playing on TP requires a lot of skill in researching markets and managing resources.
  • People who bought 7 accounts have financed the game 7x times more than you and are at the moment giving you more new content in a B2P game.

• If a person can solo a content for 5 people in a legit way, he deserves that gold.
  • If a person is kicking people from parties, he will be reported for LFG abuse and banned.

TL;DR: Rants coming from people who are not willing to view the whole picture. We’ve seen that on the forum many times, and none of those are an “economy problems”.

Have you ever thought about people wanna have some fun when playing video games ???
GW2 is not to exchange realitys……. it is to flee from the reality outside.

Maybe this is where A-Net and NC Soft are doing wrong

3 big economy problems

Lishtenbird.2814

Have you ever thought about people wanna have some fun when playing video games ???

Have you ever thought that people are already having fun when playing this video game ???

Sorry, it’s your own problem that you do not like how other people are having their fun, be it a Chainmail Bikini Babe Wars Dress-up 2, or Champ Train Tycoon Wars 2, or Market Simulator Wars 2.

Don’t like seeing other people enjoying other things – go play a single-player game.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

And what’s stopping the OP from having fun when playing?

It’s not the fault of ANet when players stop having fun because they worry about what other players are doing.

1. I don’t really have an opinion on this.

2. If that player plays the trading post and nothing else, why should they be punished for that, providing they aren’t exploiting anything? After all, maybe it’s something they enjoy.

3. Selling dungeon paths isn’t that much different to selling boosting runs in other MMO’s, imo.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Kerthunk.1478

Kerthunk.1478

I don’t understand the issue here. How exactly would you prefer the economy to function? Ban flipping? Remove the time gates for crafted materials?

There are no monopolies on any crafted goods in this game, because there is little barrier to crafting them yourself. It’s just a matter of farming, or otherwise gaining the raw materials.

I’m not sure how exactly your fantasy economy would work. Furthermore, i’m not certain it would add anything meaningful to the game to have non-realistic economy.

Selling paths is not an exploit, it’s selling a service, which is a legit way to play the game. If the player is truly exploiting, via glitches, pathing exploits, etc, then they will be banned. there is no monopoly on paths, given anyone can form a group to do them.

Multiboxing is not, by itself, an exploit.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

Nothing about selling dungeon paths is an exploit, and if Arah wasn’t such a gigantic poorly-balanced pain in the kitten there wouldn’t be a market for it.

Arah > noobs.

So just because some terrible players are used to faceroll 1 mashing the rest of PvE, they shouldn’t have to learn how to actually play better? Ever?

Dat logik dough.

Selling paths is not an exploit, it’s selling a service, which is a legit way to play the game. If the player is truly exploiting, via glitches, pathing exploits, etc, then they will be banned.

Who’s gonna report them?

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

(edited by Realist.5812)

3 big economy problems

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

A lot of people seem to be on the train of thought that playing the TP should not be allowed. It’s crazy to think that. However, it is far more rewarding to sit and play the TP then it is to play the game itself. That is an issue.

I don’t agree on selling the paths thing. If people want to pay and buy it then that is on them. I don’t think dungeons should ever be soloable, but that is a different topic.

On point 1 I agree. The rewards aren’t very rewarding. And when they are or even get close to being so, they get nerfed to the point where you aren’t able to do them anymore.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

@Saye. You are totally right on the first one. The concept of dynamic events is nice, but feel totally unrewarding right now. You do it once or twice, then simply forget about it.

But for the 2 other points, you are wrong.
2) Playing the TP. A lot of people like that part of the game, so why would you care? They pay for the game to play how they want (btw saying that they only play the TP and not the game simply because you saw one or two video of someone is pretty fool). Now, you probably don’t really now economy because playing the TP actually help to decrease the inflation. Inflation is created by influx of money. In a economy not base on gold (like ours), the money is created by the country. A country could simply print unlimited amount of money and do whatever they want, but by doing that, the inflation will drop the value of each dollar, leaving them with about the same about of purchase power they started with (in fact they will have less, because they will create a crash but… its another story). The same thing apply to the game. Gold that are created from thin air (doing dungeon, selling stuff you loots, etc) will increase inflation, gold that disappear in the thin air (15% of the TP, buying stuff from vendors, etc) will decrease the inflation. In the perfect world or perfect game economy, these amount would be equal and no inflation would exist, but that’s never the case. Anyway, bottom line is playing TP is not only a nice content that some people love, but that also a HUGE factor in an healthy game economy. Getting ride of that, will not only never happen, it should never happen without risking of breaking the game.

3) Path selling. That been discuss several times already. That a service that is good for both sides. One person skilled can solo content and then sell their service to some people that don’t have the skill, the friends or the times to complete that content. That’s a win-win situation that DON’T affect you at all. I’m not a path seller and i’ll never buy for a path. But that doesn’t mean that i can get on my high horses and judge people that do any of those.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Kerthunk.1478

Kerthunk.1478

A lot of people seem to be on the train of thought that playing the TP should not be allowed. It’s crazy to think that. However, it is far more rewarding to sit and play the TP then it is to play the game itself. That is an issue.

I don’t agree on selling the paths thing. If people want to pay and buy it then that is on them. I don’t think dungeons should ever be soloable, but that is a different topic.

On point 1 I agree. The rewards aren’t very rewarding. And when they are or even get close to being so, they get nerfed to the point where you aren’t able to do them anymore.

The idea that playing the TP is more fun then playing the game is purely a matter of opinion. It’s no reason to make any changes to the game though, as playing the economy is a perfectly legit way to play, if the player is so inclined.

The rewards are fine, imho, and a lot better since the wardrobe system. this is a game about collecting skins, and finally, that doesn’t require destroying tons of items in transmutes. The only major issue I see in this area is the amount of black lion weapons locked behind RNG tickets. That should be done away with, and the skins becoming pure gem shop purchases, or even allowing them to be purchased as sets ala the gem store armors.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

So hardcore! Everyone has a diploma here.
New game! The Clash of Diplomas 2. The one with the biggest diploma wins!

Attachments:

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

It’s not more rewarding to play the TP than the game when you consider everyone doing it at the same time. If everyone did it, price spreads would be very small and the only gold to make out of TP would be speculation rather than flipping.

People who make a ton of gold on the TP do it from the large number of players who want convenience.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Huge lies.

-Playing the TP is free PvP.

-Is as annoying as if you let PK free to roam home cities.

-They can attack your profit playing the way you like, any time.

-They are the main reason for gold inflation of EVERYTHING in demand (EVEN if gold is scarce… you NEED to get past TP anyway).

-Most of them are gold sellers

-Its not skill and as everyone knows its almost about using bots.

-there have been proofs of insider trading also

-its off scale as rewards..

-you can t realisticaly play the game without feeding the tp (you can t farm your mats for crafting etc)

-but more and everything HAS LOW RISK…since your patron john Smith Always intervenes when there is oversupply, but almost never the opposite.
And even the few times he is forced to he spread informations in order to tutelate speculators assets but never to help other players.

Economy is the worst part of GW2 currently and luckily it got so bad that everyone noticed at least.

P.S: how many thread about this did we have lately?
30?
You can t hide the mess TP is forever.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

3 big economy problems

TheDaiBish.9735

This is misusing the power being a programmer to create monopolys.

Except it’s not.

For starters, programmers have nothing to do with the economy outside of making sure the parts of the game work.

Players aren’t able to manipulate the economy the way you’re implying.

And yes this kills the fun for people who actually want to play a fantasy game
because this is how reality works.
I own an ecconomy diploma and am confronted 24/7 with that kind of stuff.
My request was just to make a video game a video game not a copy of reality i try to escape from.

If you’re subjecting yourself to that, that’s not ANet’s fault. After all, you sing praises about GW, but they had an economy of buying and selling (hello Spamadan, my old friend). How did you cope then?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

(edited by TheDaiBish.9735)

3 big economy problems

Lishtenbird.2814

So hardcore! Everyone has a diploma here.
New game! The Clash of Diplomas 2. The one with the biggest diploma wins!

[purple]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

WWW.D1PL0MA-BANK.C0M

~ Legendari Diplooma ~
- best deel on Intrnet! –
- fast deliviry -
- enlarge yoor diploma 5 Eur only -

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[/purple]
[green]Thank you for submitting your report.[/green]

3 big economy problems

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

This is misusing the power being a programmer to create monopolys.

Except it’s not.

For starters, programmers have nothing to do with the economy outside of making sure the parts of the game work.

Players aren’t able to manipulate the economy the way you’re implying.

And yes this kills the fun for people who actually want to play a fantasy game
because this is how reality works.
I own an ecconomy diploma and am confronted 24/7 with that kind of stuff.
My request was just to make a video game a video game not a copy of reality i try to escape from.

If you’re subjecting yourself to that, that’s not ANet’s fault. After all, you sing praises about GW, but they had an economy of buying and selling (hello Spamadan, my old friend). How did you cope then?

im not going to say the design is creating monopolies or whatever.

But you saying designers have nothing to do with the economy makes no sense.
designers decide almost everything about teh economy. there are a couple of outliers, but, by and large the price of everything is based on the choices they made.

not only that but they can and have directly intervened in numerous cases.
Champion loot addition, champion loot nerf, daily limits on dungeons, Diminishing return on earnings. New ascended recipes using massive ingredients, etc.

whether its good or bad, that fine to debate, but its totally crazy to say something like the designers have nothing to with the economy.

If something decides how much natural resources you have, what technologies you have, what you can eat, how much taxes you pay. How much of any item you can produce in a time period, then they are the primary force in the economy

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

All the complaints, but the word “silk” wasn’t mentioned once. gg

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

3 big economy problems

Lishtenbird.2814

All the complaints, but the word “silk” wasn’t mentioned once. gg

I assume OP hasn’t made it to ascended crafting yet.

(Or, well, warriors need no silk.)

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

I’m sorry but i don’t get all the fuss over TP playing.
Playing the market is, and always will be, the most profitable action in any MMO and the expertise needed is the same if not more than actually playing the actual game.

Besides, do you guys think that removing TP and go back to map chat and personal trading would decrease the number of bots or power-traders?.
Just to a google trading challenges on GW1 era and you’ll see some guys that starting with no gold would have more on their banks at the end of the day that most the population in a couple months.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

-Change just a single thing.
If you buy something from trade post it’s account bound….. period.

Kewl, then everyone has two stacks of materials, one bound and one unbound. That makes sense.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

There are several actions and behavior that would balance TP.
We had pages of that.

Yet there is no will to do that by the economic developer.

Balance lack of supply when it becomes critical as you do for oversupply maybe.

Give players alternative ways to obtain stuff (like it was on release when exotics were top tier).

Remove the tools to buy/sell and check prices outside the game.

And so on.

Every single action instead is favouring TP (see reward nerfs everywhere but TP, and defence of speculator assets)

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

3 big economy problems

TheDaiBish.9735

im not going to say the design is creating monopolies or whatever.

But you saying designers have nothing to do with the economy makes no sense.
designers decide almost everything about teh economy. there are a couple of outliers, but, by and large the price of everything is based on the choices they made.

not only that but they can and have directly intervened in numerous cases.
Champion loot addition, champion loot nerf, daily limits on dungeons, Diminishing return on earnings. New ascended recipes using massive ingredients, etc.

whether its good or bad, that fine to debate, but its totally crazy to say something like the designers have nothing to with the economy.

If something decides how much natural resources you have, what technologies you have, what you can eat, how much taxes you pay. How much of any item you can produce in a time period, then they are the primary force in the economy

Yeah, I should have been clearer in what I was referring to.

The guy I was replying to stated that the people in charge of the economy abused their power to tilt it in their favour which is true in some regards, but it isn’t done to give themselves a gameplay advantage as the guy was implying.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

The one thing wrong is they insist on nerfing any good money making out in the World. They need to stop and reverse this trend, or people will just go play other games that feel more rewarding.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I like that the OP is willing to put themselves out there and voice an opinion. I don’t agree with all of it though.

Concerning number 1…. I totally agree. I feel like the balance of buying gems and changing them into gold FAR outweighs the balance of time spent farming for gold. I know ANET needs their cash shop money, but its weighted far to heavily towards buying gems in my opinion. I almost feel like it removes motivation to play the game, when you know you could just work an hour of overtime, buy gems, and not have to play for two weeks and still come out ahead. The inevitable thought progression leads to the question of… why do I play at all?

Regarding tp players… they’re always going to exist. In life its important to focus on what you can control and not worry about the rest… designing an mmo is the same deal.

3. Yeah….. I disagree with 3. Its not an exploit unless the path seller is exploiting the game design to finish the path. Dungeons in this game are pretty easy. If somebody wants to plop down 5 gold to be ran through an easy dungeon versus actually playing through it, and a seller wants to mindlessly repeat content, its a combination of mindsets that isn’t capable of perpetuating itself in the long term. This is because player A only needs the dungeon once, and player B is going to quit running dungeons when they hit their financial goal. Its a victimless scenario with a life expectancy… and no realistic solution.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Not all path sellers are exploiting. For example ac is solable on ele/war. An easy way to tell if it was an exploit(going through the wall) or a legit run, is wps!

If there’s a wp before the boss area.. = legit run. (just something for buyers to check.;)..)

TP is part of the game. It exists, so playing it, is playing the game. Just not the way you want.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

Dear ANet,
Buff everything I do, nerf everything they do.
Things I don’t care about can remain untouched.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Dear ANet,
Buff everything I do, nerf everything they do.
Things I don’t care about can remain untouched.

My exact thoughts on a translation of the OP…..

Folks, if your REAL problem is, “THIS is not fun for ME anymore.”, there is a simple and obvious solution….don’t DO THIS anymore. The game is NOT going to be changed to add FUN for YOU. Either find something in the game that is FUN for you, or move on….very simple.

NOTE: Rewards != FUN

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Folks, if your REAL problem is, “THIS is not fun for ME anymore.”, there is a simple and obvious solution….don’t DO THIS anymore. The game is NOT going to be changed to add FUN for YOU. Either find something in the game that is FUN for you, or move on….very simple.

Added note: And when you do go, don’t make a “I’m leaving” post on the forums. NO ONE CARES. Thank you.

Ahem. Thanks for the simple breakdown of options, Grimm. Like it or leave it.

Or, y’know, come to the forums and actually care about the game, instead of just slamming it.

Anyhoo, we are seeing some very manic-depressive reward structures go out. Champ train, boss loot, festival rewards…
Case in point, gold chest from Boss Blitz explodes with loot. It’s all greens, but it felt ruddy nice to get… salvage stock, basically. But I could’ve sold it for 10+ silver. Still not worth the trouble, I suppose.

If ANet is upset about champ trains, make the loot good, but make it once per day, per character, per champion. After that, it gives lesser loot. I’d say the same with world bosses, but they come around so rarely now, once-per-day loot is about all they need to give. :\

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I fully support players selling path runs. That’s skilled labor and it is vital to a thriving economy. If someone becomes good at doing something so much so that people will pay them money to do it, then it sounds like they are entrepreneurs, not exploiters.

If it was easy to do everyone would do it and their services would not be needed. They are meeting a demand and I support that fully.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

3 big problems:

1:: events and activities have low reward, like the new event is basically worthless to do even with gold reward which has 10 chest which you can get easily through dungeons or champ farm which is much less frustrating and time consuming. people mostly doing it for AP rather than reward. add this to brain dead champ farming which is even more rewarding than most of thing i know in the game including pvp and wvw, if i want to farm gold for my legendary well we all know different ways none including activities and events, the only acceptable reward is dungeons at least because you are playing the game and getting daily reward, rest in my opinion is just not acceptable, again too high or too low.

2:: TP players, i have seen you tube videos on somebody who has 7 accounts but all he does is to play TP rather than playing the game, yes that is true ,7 accounts and he is not playing the game and he and his kind are richest people in game, owning the games economy.

3:: path seller which is a obvious exploit and totally against concept of mmo, which is playing together, i have seen/known people making up to 100g a day out of path selling. this needs to be stopped particularly in this game.i have seen raid sellers in other games but it is way less in size and effect on general economy of the game and at the end you have to find a guild and do raiding, you can get away with buying for small part only and for few pieces of gear but if you want to have high end gear and achievements and cool mounts etc you better join a guild unlike this game people get dungeon master achievement by buying arah p4 and if you ask them how did you beat simin, they are like wtf is simin? as result those path sellers getting richer. unique to gw2 only in my opinion.

there could be more of such things that i do not know of. but these thing are not good for any games and promotes grinding game play.

IMPORTANT NOTE: be civilized and whether you are agree with me or not just keep it friendly please.

1. – When organized, even with pugs, the boss blitz can be run in less than 10 minutes with under 50 people. 10 champion chests, plus tokens and such is a really nice reward for that little time commitment. Dungeon runs(with pugs) normally take much longer than that to get similar rewards.

2 & 3 – That’s your opinion on how the game should be played. Being that GW2 is an mmo, different players will play the game differently than you think it should be played. Doesn’t make it wrong or right……just means other players enjoy playing the game in different ways than you do.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Huge lies.

-Playing the TP is free PvP.
I loled. Just because it’s Pro vs putz doesnt change anything.

-Is as annoying as if you let PK free to roam home cities.
So is turning every city into Spamadon. kitten NO.

-They can attack your profit playing the way you like, any time.
Free market. Dont like? Dont play in the fire.

-They are the main reason for gold inflation of EVERYTHING in demand (EVEN if gold is scarce… you NEED to get past TP anyway).
This is probably the most idiotic thing said so far. TP players take gold out of the economy every time they buy or sell something. If you didnt have people playing stock brokers, there would be far more gold in the economy (probably close to a factor of 200-300%), and prices would be far higher. Have you seen prices in the Chinese TP? THERE is your example of what would happen.

-Most of them are gold sellers
The only gold I sell are to players selling items I want. And Anet. Gotta pay them somehow for outfits.

-Its not skill and as everyone knows its almost about using bots.
Another claim from someone who cant play the TP as good as the pros (read: a putz) and blames their success on something illegal in the game so they feel better about it. Quite frankly I have no issues making money, and if you cant make the same amount of money as me, or more, then clearly you dont have the same skills at it as me.

-there have been proofs of insider trading also
Congratulations, people are speculating off the twitch videos and news articles.

Sorry, I gave up trying to explain the rest to someone who clearly doesnt care.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

They should just allow gold → gems → “another currency” such as VIP membership time.

There needs to be a new and real gold sink rather than just nerfing every possible way to obtain gold.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

It sounds to me that if people have fun in ways you dislike, somehow it takes from your fun.

Maybe you feel you have a right to dictate to others How they can have fun? And if they try to have fun in ways you dislike, then suddenly they are not allowed to have fun?

So let me ask you:

Maybe this is where Kurrilino is doing wrong ?

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

The one thing wrong is they insist on nerfing any good money making out in the World. They need to stop and reverse this trend, or people will just go play other games that feel more rewarding.

Already happening. Brewmaster is awesome. I have to say I don’t normally play Tanks. Tried a Guardian here… a warrior. But it was meh… Brewmaster Monk kicks kitten …( see what i did there?)…

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I would think this thread is initiated by the ever prevalent issue of jealousy. This jealousy leads to false claims that pass off personal opinions as facts. Now there’s nothing wrong with being jealous. I was so jealous of people who have no problems with Liadri, or with Tribulation Mode SAB. But even if you’re jealous of someone, or something, don’t go around spreading misinformation to bring yourself sympathy. Let’s dispel the OP claims one by one.

1) Rewards in this game are based on RNG. Not getting what you want does not equal to “low rewards”. It just means your expectations are way too high. If you walk into a casino in Vegas with the mindset that you’ll hit the jackpot, you’re almost guaranteed to walk away depressed. I’ve gotten multiple Precursor drops so far, but that’s because I put in a lot of time to play. The only way you beat RNG is to throw more chances at it. Over time, everything balances.

2) Having 7 accounts doesn’t mean you “own the economy”. It means you have 7 accounts. There are no achievements for owning the most accounts in GW2, and it certainly doesn’t help you do well on the TP. The current economy is well balanced, and anyone who says otherwise can’t bring up a valid argument against it.

3) There’s nothing wrong with selling Dungeon Paths. If you’re skilled enough to solo Arah, and are kind enough to share your party slots with others, then you should be praised. I’m more than happy to pay someone to save me an hour or 2 for the tokens at the end. Just like in GW1, where runners would help you get from Ascalon to end game town for a fee. If you have no problem paying someone to save you time, there’s no problem with helping the other person get rich. Feel free to offer the same service as the other guy,and you can get rich too!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

1) Rewards. Devs can measure the total amount of player hours doing activity X and set the rewards to what they deem to be at an appropriate level. When players start getting more rewards per hour at activity X than the devs thought was appropriate, such as speedrunning dungeon paths, knobs get turned down or limitations imposed.

2) Having 7 accounts is more about overcoming storage limitations than doing anything diabolical. If you are buying lots of goods to sell later, you will need a place to warehouse them.

TP doesn’t cause inflation since, as pointed out by others, it removes 15% of the payment from the economy. What the TP can do is shift wealth from those who foolishly use the TP like an NPC vendor to those who understand you can make a little money working the gap between high bid and low sell. And yes this can increase the price of ultra low supplied, highly desired items since the price will rise to where there are just enough buyers for the supply. But that’s supply and demand for you.

3) It’s a service. Not everybody knows an elite team of crack players to show them the ropes. As long as the seller fulfills their commitment letting the payer got the exclusive rewards doing that path whatever they may be, I don’t have a problem.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

3 big economy problems

Lishtenbird.2814

Sorry, I gave up trying to explain the rest to someone who clearly doesnt care.

Thank you for writing it all out. I felt it was futile anyway based on the original post so couldn’t make myself write it.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

There is only 1 big economy problem in this game and that is the gem store !

As long as they have their gem store , they will nerf every farming spot, you’ll keep getting meaningless loot, and every new update will be behind the gem store.

Might aswell login open the gem store and just play that game instead because that’s what they want. “We made a game for the players!”, Lol ! During that manifesto they should have phrased it "We made a store for the stupid :`) ! ".

3 big economy problems

Lishtenbird.2814

As long as they have their gem store , they will nerf every farming spot, you’ll keep getting meaningless loot, and every new update will be behind the gem store.

Might aswell login open the gem store and just play that game instead because that’s what they want. “We made a game for the players!”, Lol ! During that manifesto they should have phrased it "We made a store for the stupid :`) ! ".

FYI: if they remove gemstore, they’ll have to shut down this game after the Festival and fire all the staff.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I don’t have a problem with “TP Flippers” – their competition with each other drives the prices of selling goods to the TP up (As they compete for “Highest Buyer”), and drives the price of buying goods on the TP down (As they compete for “Lowest Seller”), allowing me to buy and sell what I want quickly and for better deals than I’d otherwise have to pay for that expedience.

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

FYI: if they remove gemstore, they’ll have to shut down this game after the Festival and fire all the staff.

They can keep the game running with X-packs. It’s that simple.
No need to apologize, you can break my bubble :`)

3 big economy problems

Behellagh.1468

They can keep the game running with X-packs. It’s that simple.
No need to apologize, you can break my bubble :`)

Which doesn’t jive with their LS plans.

Pop.

RIP City of Heroes

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Saylu.8271

Saylu.8271

TP doesn’t cause inflation since, as pointed out by others, it removes 15% of the payment from the economy. What the TP can do is shift wealth from those who foolishly use the TP like an NPC vendor to those who understand you can make a little money working the gap between high bid and low sell. And yes this can increase the price of ultra low supplied, highly desired items since the price will rise to where there are just enough buyers for the supply. But that’s supply and demand for you.

If the increase in prices of goods is not inflation, what is inflation? Inflation isn’t only cause by increase in monetary supply. Market speculation isn’t necessarily bad, excessive speculation is. Creation of gold isn’t necessarily bad, money is needed for the economy. But excessive creation of gold drive the prices of goods up similar to excessive speculation.

(edited by Saylu.8271)

3 big economy problems

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

GW2 economy sucks big-time. people who don’t even play the game are making it harder for everyone to get items they like.

Also, in GW1 you could buy everything from shops and the prices of everything were regulated by Anet themselves, not by some random kitten who likes to create inflation.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

3 big economy problems

Behellagh.1468

Inflation is ONLY when currency loses it’s value. Everything becomes more expensive, not just luxury items and especially basic items.

RIP City of Heroes