500 AP for GW1 Hall of Monuments Intended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Of course it is, just the fact you dodged the question proves how important it is. I am going to go with ‘no’, as no sane GW1 player would argue against rewards.

Whether I have played it or not is irrelevant to facts being provided and can only serve as a basis to assault me on the grounds of my personal character or experience rather than what I am saying. I have no time for your inane logical fallacies.

Also you are aware that GW2 is indeed a continuation of the first game? The hall of monuments was built so that your ancestors in GW1 would leave you something in GW2.

Please, give a link to this lore you speak of. Last time I checked, your GW2 character is a direct descendant of your GW1 character…thus the HoM. It is the same timeline, if you bothered paying attention to the game you are playing you would see that.

Just go to the Hall of Monuments and talk to the man standing in the pool. Or perhaps his dialogue is different if you have linked a GW1 account. I’ve seen no evidence of having direct descendants, and even if there were it does not change the objective fact that Guild Wars 2 is its own game and is not, logically, Guild Wars 1. B is not A. 2 is not 1.

Perhaps you have some profound and selective detachment from reality which prevents you from seeing this. I’m not really sure I care either way. If you think you’re going to change my mind by being condescending and insulting while demanding irrelevant information, you’re wasting your time and posts.

How else do you think we get stories such as the Zephyrites running around with pieces of Glint? According to you, Glint is in a different timeline and thus has no relevance to GW2.

Right.

Just accept that GW2 is a natural extension of GW1. Same map, same world, same lore.

Accept it because, what, you said so? If Guild Wars 2 were Guild Wars 1, it would be called Guild Wars 1. Perhaps with some fancy expansion title, if you so desire. B is not A, no matter how you try to rationalize. This is a fact you cannot change.

Now before you respond again, I suggest you ask yourself what you expect to accomplish with your post. If the answer you come to is “nothing”, then congratulations, you’ve reached the correct conclusion. Due to the manner in which you addressed me, I can now, without guilt, argue with you forever no matter what point you raise, for the sole purpose of causing you frustration for my own amusement. This is why you don’t take on a condescending tone.

(edited by Sil.4560)

Sil.4560

Ultimately this is Anet’s choice (and very likely more of a money grab than an actual reward intent). None of the overly angry users of this forum can presumably change that either way. What we can do is offer our opinions on one side or another on how actually balanced and fair it is to all players, which is something the developers are bound to look at and take into consideration if it gets enough activity.

My opinion is that I don’t give a kitten what any of you did in GW1 because it’s not something I have any cause to be impressed about in the here and now and more than I have cause to recognize someone’s achievements in any other random game. Nerd raging until the little veins stand out in your neck isn’t going to change my view on that and I’ll still mentally subtract X AP for HoM when I look at someone’s score. Maybe even just to spite you. Who knows! =)

(edited by Sil.4560)

Posted by: feleton.2065

feleton.2065

its just a bad joke that an other game affects the leaderboards of gw2 that much…

Sil.4560

Ha, good idea. As long as it doesn’t just last a couple of weeks like everything else. This "living world "stuff doesn’t make the game feel very stable.

Sil.4560

I completely agree about the nature of “achievements” these days in games. To be honest I wish it wasn’t even a thing in GW2.

As far as champions…I’ve been looking for more opportunities to fight more than one at once. Once you learn their patterns you can beat any of them. I think multiples may be really fun.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The problem is they’re called achievements. And that word already has a definition. Most achievements aren’t achievements at all.

If they were called something else, it would be a lot better.

Goals
Plateaus
Too bad Way points are already in the game lol
Steps
Things To Do

People pick on the word achievement, but it’s just a word. They’re not meant to be achievements in the English language sense of the word.

Sil.4560

At this point, let’s call them what people treat them as.

Chores.

Do your dailies!

Vayne.8563

At this point, let’s call them what people treat them as.

Chores.

Do your dailies!

I don’t find them chores at all. Most of them on most days get done incidentally.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I’m happy with my three legendaries, multiple max geared characters, and extensive and enjoyable play experience

Really? It hardly seems like your happy with the game at all if you let the fact that some players got a measly 500 points have such a huge effect on you. And if you are going to try to claim it has not had a huge effect on your enjoyment of the game, then why are you still posting here, making such a huge deal of it then? It’s really rather sad.

Posted by: Curuglas.1847

Curuglas.1847

I don’t find them chores at all. Most of them on most days get done incidentally.

Indeed, since about every other day you incidentally do things like Keg brawl steals, or 40 kills in Ascalon while doing 4 events in Maguuma.
Things like personal story completer are especially commonplace once you are done with Zhaitan. Not to mention fractals (of which nowadays some people go and complete ONE level 1 fractal, just to get the achievement) or dungeons (both explorer and story mode). And daily WvW achievements are quite dependent on your server’s success if you don’t want to be on hours in WvW. Oh, btw, remember your daily crab tossing? And last but nor least is the common costume brawl for all those people who did not purchase the mad king gem outfit.

I doubt it can get much “chorier”…

Curuglas.1847

It hardly seems like your happy with the game at all if you let the fact that some players got a measly 500 points have such a huge effect on you.

Oh, you think that one bad aspect in this game makes all the difference between happiness and utter despair? If they suddenly changed your favorite skin to look like commonplace garb or if the one legendary weapon use use suddenly no longer had any special effect on it, while all other legendaries still did, wouldn’t you complain about this, too?

Those 500 points should be treated like any other flaw in the game: addressed and fixed soon.

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Well I just don’t understand what all the brouhaha is about. If you look at it all it gets you is one chest. For 29.99 you to can buy the trilogy and get the same thing. But be for warned there is no auction house. All trades have to happen in town by calling out what you want to buy or sell.

Look on the wiki for what you need to do to get some of those points. First thing buy the pets and get them in HoM that will get you some points. But be sure and not buy ones already dedicated to HoM. Party, drinking and Sweets points can be purchased at a premium from other players. It helps if you have 2 computers and 2 accounts to amass these points for yourself as you really only get them at holidays and events. Exploration takes a bit of time you have to slide around the edge of every state inch by inch looking outward for nooks and crannies. Then you have to find the weird hidden mistake places. Not easy by any means. All I needed to finish my 50/50 was one set of Armor I could not get. I probably have the money but can’t do the underworld enough to get it. So I got 45/50 which I am very proud of even if you aren’t.

Anet in it’s wisdom has seen fit to reward it’s loyal customers which is rather good business practice. They actually promised a lot more account linkage in the beginning, even being able to put your armor and pets into the HoM and get them out on the GW2 side. I’d love to bring my Madd King Thorn pet to GW2! So the account linkage is nowhere near what they promised in the beginning but we go a small bump in achievement points, some skins and pets. Not a lot when you really realize how much time we put in to get them!

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Want the rewards? Go and get them. No, crying on the forum will get you nowhere.
Buy GW1 and give them moar money.

Curuglas.1847

Well I just don’t understand what all the brouhaha is about. If you look at it all it gets you is one chest. For 29.99 you to can buy the trilogy and get the same thing.

Like I already said: If they want to give their returning customers a reward chest, by all means, send the chest to all those HoM people by mail. But keep the GW2 score to GW2 only!

And I already have GW1, but the interface is simply not what I expect from a game those days, so I wait for the GW1 content to be accessible via the GW2 interface. Until it is, they are 2 separate games, and points from one should in no way influence the other games’ score.

Vayne.8563

Indeed, since about every other day you incidentally do things like Keg brawl steals, or 40 kills in Ascalon while doing 4 events in Maguuma.
Things like personal story completer are especially commonplace once you are done with Zhaitan. Not to mention fractals (of which nowadays some people go and complete ONE level 1 fractal, just to get the achievement) or dungeons (both explorer and story mode). And daily WvW achievements are quite dependent on your server’s success if you don’t want to be on hours in WvW. Oh, btw, remember your daily crab tossing? And last but nor least is the common costume brawl for all those people who did not purchase the mad king gem outfit.

I doubt it can get much “chorier”…

You need 5 achievements to get your daily. Anet provides multiple choices. That’s not a chore.

If you dont’ play keg brawl…don’t play keg brawl. This is ludicrous to bring it up. I ENJOY keg brawl and always make that one of my achievements when it pops up. I don’t do the WvW achievements because I don’t generally enjoy that.

Take today’s achievements…of which you need 5…

Daily champion slayer…you need to slay 1 champion. That’s it. If you’re doing the new content, there are champions to slay everywhere. If you’re doing a dungeon, you’ll likely slay one. Just about every zone has champions.

Ambient killer…everywhere you go in the world there are ambient creatures everywhere…rats, rabbits, mosquitos, spark flies. As I’m running around I hit a couple of creatures here and there.

Leveler…how hard is it to level a character in this game. If you play, you get a level and yes, even getting a level on an 80 counts.

Gatherer….there’s gathering to be done all over the place. Unless you’re only doing dungeons and fractals and nothing else…even WvW has stuff to gather….pretty much everywhere.

Karma spender..easy as pie. Even if you’re not going for mystic clovers, take 850 karma, take a quick trip to any one of the karma vendors that sell alochol for karma and done.

Daily kills..you have to kill stuff today. Kill stuff…in an MMO? How much simpler could you get?

Daily events…yes it’s easy to get events in these games. Even some dungeons have events in them and WvW just about everything counts as an event.

Everything else today is a WvW daily (for those who don’t want to PvP). It’s easy for them to get gatherer and killer, plus 3 of their own things.

Anyone who thinks these are chores is just making excuses. And no, I don’t feel I have to do every daily every day (but I do like to get five of them).

And if you just SPvP, you’ll easily get the SPvP daily just by playing.

Curuglas.1847

You need 5 achievements to get your daily. Anet provides multiple choices. That’s not a chore.

As you might (not?) have noticed, this thread is about achievement points, this means you have 15 achievements to complete each day as daily chores. It’s not about the 5 dailies to get your laurels.

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

My opinion is that I don’t give a kitten what any of you did in GW1 because it’s not something I have any cause to be impressed about in the here and now and more than I have cause to recognize someone’s achievements in any other random game. Nerd raging until the little veins stand out in your neck isn’t going to change my view on that and I’ll still mentally subtract X AP for HoM when I look at someone’s score. Maybe even just to spite you. Who knows! =)

Newsflash: We don’t give a kitten either, whether you are impressed or not about GW1 achievements . We don’t give kitten if you gonna subtract or not imaginary points from scores, to make you feel better! Are we even now?

Have a good day!

Vayne.8563

As you might (not?) have noticed, this thread is about achievement points, this means you have 15 achievements to complete each day as daily chores. It’s not about the 5 dailies to get your laurels.

And you might not have noticed, but no one said you had to get every single point every single day. That’s called a CHOICE. It’s not an obligation. People get far more points from doing the living story than doing every daily every day.

If you CHOOSE to do every daily every day, you’ll probably get some chests a bit faster. what do you get, an extra 5 points a day? 150 points a month? And for that you’re willing to do something you think of as a chore?

I think you should reassess the way you play games.

Posted by: Zero Tolerance.1539

Zero Tolerance.1539

People who do not make it to top500 and aren’t anywhere close to top10 on their servers shouldn’t even post here. You do not understand that 10k AP players with no GW1 history got seriously, unfairly shafted with this 500 bonus given to others. You also do not understand that being at 10k+ means you were doing your dailies, all of them – nothing optional – for almost every day of the game.
So please, refrain from posting on subjects that you’re all not familiar with.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I can’t help but laugh that people actually think gw1 vets will have an unfair advantage. Like having more achievement points and some extra skins makes us stronger or something..

Why would you laugh to people who have different goals than yours? If some people (like yourself) think that granting Power is an unfair advantage, granting AP to those who wants to compete in the leaderboards is an unfair advantage too…

Now about cosmetics, that’s another story… I agree that GW2 vets should have more skins that proudly represent their achievements in GW1, not Ap’s…

But honestly i’m tired about this subject. If the so called “Vet’s” can’t see past their personal greed (yes it’s greed), and claim that their time in Gw1 give them the right to have an upper hand in any type of goal, then, no point in arguing…

/cheers and have fun!

Does it really matter who has the most AP…

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

actually it would be nice if just for a moment they considered a playability of the gw1… 80% of players that are still willing to play gw cannot do so due to ridiculous amount of lag, especially on pvp servers.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Before HoM my rank was in the high 60s. Now it’s 118 and still dropping. Kitten my life.

If it’s still dropping, it’s because the other players play more, not because of HoM.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Zil.3071

Zil.3071

And for the record, anyone can still get them, just go hop over to GW1 and work on the HoM.

u buy me the game, eye of north also needs an older expansion to play off. pm when u bought it. looking forward.

Posted by: Zil.3071

Zil.3071

the reward of achving all that in gw1 should be only titles, special gear, perks, but not acvhmt points IN GW2. then u have both special/upper hand, but also doesnt upset the gw2 playrs with 500 crazy load of points.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Why would you care about AP ? Honestly, for those above 10k, more than half your achievement points come from dailies…If there was a true maximum, then yes maybe it could be nice to know how close you are when compared to others. But when the only way to progress is to do your dailies every single day, there isn’t any race.

Just look at the WvW achievements. Probably the most painful achievements to get and you are only rewarded by 851 achievements points. That 43 dailies, 2 monthly PvP and 2 monthly PvE…Since the game has almost been out for a year and the only achievement that has been obtained is Ultimate dominator, I think it’s safe to say that you need more than 2 months to get those achievements.

Everything that rewards AP is badly scaled. Been there done that ? Less than 2 daily PvE…Eating 800 food buffs ? Nearly twice the AP…

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Players may not have demanded it, but they are defending it as if they did. It doesn’t invalidate what I’ve said either way.

No, it really doesn’t. We’re defending it because it was a lovely gift and is very much appreciated. You’re definitely trying to criticise us for things we never did or said.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Nerd raging until the little veins stand out in your neck

You are projecting your own anger hardcore here, bro. You’re the one who’s started raging about ANet rewarding GW1 vets and making all sorts of mean and false accusations.

I’m surprised you didn’t rage about the headstart giving folks an advantage.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Sil.4560

Really? It hardly seems like your happy with the game at all if you let the fact that some players got a measly 500 points have such a huge effect on you. And if you are going to try to claim it has not had a huge effect on your enjoyment of the game, then why are you still posting here, making such a huge deal of it then? It’s really rather sad.

In agreement with what Curuglas said, just because I’m happy with the overall aspects of the game does not mean I have to approve of everything. Apparently arguing with people like you is “making a huge deal” of something. Exaggerate more.

Newsflash: We don’t give a kitten either, whether you are impressed or not about GW1 achievements . We don’t give kitten if you gonna subtract or not imaginary points from scores, to make you feel better! Are we even now?

Have a good day!

Apparently you do, or you wouldn’t so adamantly post here defending yourselves, lulz. Have you ever heard the phrase, “Hell is other people?”

People who do not make it to top500 and aren’t anywhere close to top10 on their servers shouldn’t even post here. You do not understand that 10k AP players with no GW1 history got seriously, unfairly shafted with this 500 bonus given to others. You also do not understand that being at 10k+ means you were doing your dailies, all of them – nothing optional – for almost every day of the game.
So please, refrain from posting on subjects that you’re all not familiar with.

Oh I was very much in this position before a stream of +500 AP HoM players got placed ahead of me. I entirely agree with you.

No, it really doesn’t. We’re defending it because it was a lovely gift and is very much appreciated. You’re definitely trying to criticise us for things we never did or said.

So why are you still here defending it again? You seem awfully persistent for someone who isn’t incredibly invested in being given an advantage. You people are less treating it as a gift and, by multiple users’ own admittance, as a right.

You are projecting your own anger hardcore here, bro. You’re the one who’s started raging about ANet rewarding GW1 vets and making all sorts of mean and false accusations.

Oh boy, a “no u” argument. How long did it take you to come up with that one? Read back up in the thread. At least one person has turned to gloating about their points when pressured. Guess it really shows who people are. Are you going to be next?

I’m surprised you didn’t rage about the headstart giving folks an advantage.

Head start was essentially a normal release. Players just paid for the game a fair amount of time before it happened.

(edited by Sil.4560)

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

These achievements are now giving 50 AP per completed achievement instead of the previous 2, is this a bug or working as intended.

Personally i think these should not reward any AP at all, (just titles + perks) as i feel i shouldn’t be forced to play GW1 to remain highscore competitive on GW2.

And you think locking out people who haven’t played since launch is any different? It’s not a worthwhile competition when you can’t win or even be competitive unless you’ve played since launch. The HoM title points don’t change that.

Sil.4560

They could always opt to not count points from dailies or start capping it at 10 total per day, as someone else suggested. That might make things more balanced if they also remove HoM stuff.

Posted by: Adminir.8140

Adminir.8140

They could always opt to not count points from dailies or start capping it at 10 total per day, as someone else suggested. That might make things more balanced if they also remove HoM stuff.

Exactly this please…

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Let’s look at the numbers here. 50/50 HoM from Guild Wars 1 is 1 achievement chest.
Really? People are up in arms, because the fans who helped arenanet become as big as it and popular enough to get guild wars 2 made got 1 achievement chest?

I don’t understand how other people don’t understand loyalty.

People are overreacting now because of immediate selfish wants and not understanding the concept of giving back.

It’s 1 chest. 500 points out of 5000 is 10%. Out of 10000 it’s 5%. Over the life of the game the impact of 1 chest will continue to diminish.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Let’s look at the numbers here. 50/50 HoM from Guild Wars 1 is 1 achievement chest.
Really? People are up in arms, because the fans who helped arenanet become as big as it and popular enough to get guild wars 2 made got 1 achievement chest?

People are overreacting now because of immediate selfish wants and not understanding the concept of giving back.

It’s 1 chest. 500 points out of 5000 is 10%. Out of 10000 it’s 5%. Over the life of the game the impact of 1 chest will continue to diminish.

Unfortunately it’s not the chest. Most of the players complaining the most have had their egos bruised because they lost their “bragging” rights by losing their position on the leader boards. They don’t seem to know that the leader boards are meaningless, and no one but them really cares. It does not show who the best players are, they simply show who has played the most. I find it very amusing that they put so much in to something so silly, and take great joy in screwing with them now because of it.

Sil.4560

He says, in defense of getting a large chunk of AP. rolleyes.jpg

Shockwave.1230

Unfortunately it’s not the chest. Most of the players complaining the most have had their egos bruised because they lost their “bragging” rights by losing their position on the leader boards. They don’t seem to know that the leader boards are meaningless, and no one but them really cares. It does not show who the best players are, they simply show who has played the most. I find it very amusing that they put so much in to something so silly, and take great joy in screwing with them now because of it.

That makes more sense than complaining about the chest. They’re still complaining about rewarding loyalty. So to these few players leaderboards are more important than being loyal. On principle I can’t get behind that.

Sil.4560

Nice straw man there.

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

Clearly, 500 achievement points result an unprecedented in-game disbalance, ruining hundreds of builds and giving selected players numerous exclusive benefits that do not comply with the competitive gameplay

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They don’t seem to know that the leader boards are meaningless, and no one but them really cares. It does not show who the best players are, they simply show who has played the most.

Not even that. Since some modes of play give much less points than others, very active people that concentrate on those will not even show up on the leaderboards.
Incidentally, this includes everything really competitive in this game. So, those “competitive” leaderboards favor people that engage in non-competitive modes of play.

This show the best that the achievement points were never designed for competitive comparison in the first place. Trying to treat them as if they were will always cause problems. Some people just don’t get it, and thus they complain.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

If you never played GW1, you can’t make judgement on something you know nothing about.

500 points is nothing…. why the hell are you non GW1 babies crying? Get your life priorities straight. Frankly, I and many others wish they added a few additional bonuses for people who achieved 50/50 hom points or HIGHER (In a technical sense, near maxing the entire thing would put it to 70/50) instead of leaving the rewards at 35/50 and not adding more but hey we don’t even care, but the non GW1 players are whinging, it’s pathetic really.

For all you people who never played GW1, 50 points per achievement is nothing compared to the time invested in them, . I suggest buying GW1, you’ll never play another game better than it in your life.

Warning: GW1 requires skill, talent, problem solving and dedication not see by any modern games, play only as directed, see a doctor if rage symptoms persist.

Good day salty QQers.

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Is it a different game? Yes. Does that mean it doesn’t matter? No, because Eye of the North was sold was specifically marketed with the transference of accomplishments to gw2 thing as a selling point. The arguing here is partially because you’re saying stuff in gw1 doesn’t matter despite that, and mostly because it just sounds like complaining over someone receiving a gift you didn’t. Honestly, I doubt any GW1 player actually cares about the points on the leaderboards.

If it really matters to you, there’s a simple solution. They keep the points, but they won’t contribute to leaderboards. They’ll just move them up a level for in game rewards.

Sil.4560

Good day salty QQers.

The fanboy is strong in this one. Your entire post consisted of nothing but insulting others and insisting on the same “moremoremore” mentality I’ve already pointed out. And you wonder why people persist in disagreement with you.

If it really matters to you, there’s a simple solution. They keep the points, but they won’t contribute to leaderboards. They’ll just move them up a level for in game rewards.

This would be a start, since it’s too late to take back any rewards that would’ve been gained by the additional tier worth of points anyway. People insist that the leaderboards are non-competitive, but by their very nature they are exactly that. Hell they’re even numerically ranked.

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Whether I have played it or not is irrelevant to facts being provided and can only serve as a basis to assault me on the grounds of my personal character or experience rather than what I am saying. I have no time for your inane logical fallacies.

Still dodging the question.

Just go to the Hall of Monuments and talk to the man standing in the pool. Or perhaps his dialogue is different if you have linked a GW1 account. I’ve seen no evidence of having direct descendants, and even if there were it does not change the objective fact that Guild Wars 2 is its own game and is not, logically, Guild Wars 1. B is not A. 2 is not 1.

There is a reason there is a ‘2’ in the game’s name. I’m hoping you are smart enough to figure out why.

Perhaps you have some profound and selective detachment from reality which prevents you from seeing this. I’m not really sure I care either way. If you think you’re going to change my mind by being condescending and insulting while demanding irrelevant information, you’re wasting your time and posts.

You obviously care as you keep responding. Also, I am fairly sure there is only one person in this thread with selective detachment from reality…and it is not me.

Accept it because, what, you said so? If Guild Wars 2 were Guild Wars 1, it would be called Guild Wars 1. Perhaps with some fancy expansion title, if you so desire. B is not A, no matter how you try to rationalize. This is a fact you cannot change.

Do you know the definition of lore? Or what a sequel is?

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

I see lots of people love and adore the leaderboards and want both old players and new players to have a cuddly wubbly fair time chasing eachother for spots, why stop at the HoM points?

First people complained about the old daily achievement points and suggested ArenaNet to remove them completely, or at least put a cap on them.

Now people complain about the 50 point HoM achievements.

You know what? Are the Living Story achievements repeatable? Can someone who picks up the game 3 years from now come back and complete those achievements for points? No? No confirmation that those achievements will ever be completable in the future? OH WELL LOOK HERE I SEE SOMEONE BEING GREEDY AND GETTING AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE IN THE LEADERBOARDS!

I want fairness too and if people are willing to strip points away from others, expect them to want the same for you.

Remove HoM achievement points, put a cap on dailies, and remove all points that came from Living Story achievements. There’s your fairness, now everyone no matter when they started playing the game will have an equal chance of competing in the leaderboards.

In the future, let’s say 2 years from now, I bet there will be a flow of threads coming into the GW2 forums screaming for the removal of achievement points earned from the Living Story arcs, for the sake of having a fair leaderboard.

Why not take care of that issue early?

Shockwave.1230

This whole argument isn’t about HoM at all. It’s actually about how to score the leaderboards.

The easiest solution I see is to have two achievement based leaderboards
1. One time achievements only (no repeatable achievements, no HoM, no living story, no dailies, no monthlies)
2. Everything

Sil.4560

Still dodging the question.

As I’ve said, there is no need to answer it because it is an intentional fallacy.

There is a reason there is a ‘2’ in the game’s name. I’m hoping you are smart enough to figure out why.

Because it’s a separate game. 1 is not 2.

You obviously care as you keep responding. Also, I am fairly sure there is only one person in this thread with selective detachment from reality…and it is not me.

Standard “no u” response, moving on.

Separate game. A is not B. 1 is not 2. You fail.

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Ok. Here is the end of this stupid topic.

Up until last week, achievement points were worth nothing.
20 may as well have said 0, AP meant NOTHING, ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH.

Here is some perspective for you people saying “20 is alot oderrr pointzzzz”
PvE/WvW daily = 11 points
PvP daily = 4 points
11 + 4 = 15
So what, you’re claiming my 7 years of GW1 HoM is worth 1.3333 days of playing GW2?

Now last week ANet finally unleashed a use for achievement points, and thought of a more fitting set of achievement points to be associated with the HoM. Now the AP is actually worth something, they thought of a more fitting token of appreciation for players of their first and legendarily great game (I recommend buying it by the way just for the sake of playing something unique that you’ll never experience again).

Lets not forget that HoM was INTENDED to link GW1 to GW2 in some way shape or form.

Should a player such as myself who played GW1 for 7 years not be shown a small token of appreciation for being a loyal player/customer to their business/franchise? One that does not impact the game in a negative way for other players?

One small chest that has no influence on the game, or some pathetic leaderboard kitten that has no influence on the game is what’s causing you woe? Get some life perspective.

Honestly I wouldn’t care if HoM was worth 0. Some of the skins are alright and are as follows:
Heavy armour (except the helmet) is great.
Greatsword is great (no pun intended).
Sword is great.
Hammer is great.
Fiery vambraces are great.
Scepter is great.
Focus is great for nostalgia.
Medium armour face mask is great.

The rest? Pretty average (Especially the Light/Medium Armour) and could of been easily topped by some of the more iconic skins from the original installment of GW1. (Storm bow, Chaos axe, Draconic aegis to name a few.)

Now, this is what 500 points represents in GW2 time.
1 month of doing all the dailies + the monthly itself, that is approximately 500 points. BIG WHOOP.

You claim it’s “unfair” for this whole sad leaderboard thing? What about all the PvE content that gets deleted every few weeks so new players cannot do it? Hmm? I’ll take your silence to this question as realisation.

As a 7 year player of GW1 surely a few numbers for me and others doesn’t crawl up your behind that far does it? PS, you can just play GW1 yourself, go ahead and earn them.

You seem to be forgetting it’s just a few numbers that do not impact the game in any way. No class was buffed or nerfed. No item was buffed or nerfed. No one gets any form of advantage against another player.

If this post hasn’t got through to you, you have no hope of logical and rational thought, ever.

NOW GO PLAY THE GAME.

/thread.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

Shockwave.1230

Separate game. A is not B. 1 is not 2. You fail.

To be fair B is derived from A, so while A is not B all of A is within B.

But it’s all really pointless because it has nothing to do with how a competitive leaderboard should be scored.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Funny thing is that I have friends who were planning to buy GW1 to get the titles, but then ANet put 500pts. so that you are left behind if you don’t have it, we’re just not buying the game anymore. For some the strategy failed.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

I thank Anet for my 500extra points, you guys can argue about it Anet won’t change it…

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Never played GW1.

Have no intentions of buying it to get achievements.

I don’t care if others have more points than me. I think it is fine.

You do not need to do achievements. They are voluntary. Yes you can get some stuff for it but it isn’t any kind of real impact that would warrant pichforks and torches.

You all just need to get over yourselves.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.