Abyss Dye

Abyss Dye

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

I have been playing since before launch, and still did not get a single abyss dye drop. ^^

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I got one the second day of headstart and used it on my character immediately, thinking that character would always be my main.

… that character is still level 11, and my engineer wishes he had an abyss dye. :-P

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

None. Never seen it. Never seen a celestial. Never seen a midnight.

All I get are olive drab and beige-y dyes.

It’s really fun.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

No Abyss or Celestial, but I’ve gotten a fair amount of Rare dyes since launch, including two Midnight Ice, one Black and one Illumination (which I LOVE. It’s a brilliant gold-yellow colour.)

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

0 Abyss, 1 Celestial since launch.

~Tarnished Coast~

Abyss Dye

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

I have been playing since before launch, and still did not get a single abyss dye drop. ^^

RNG is a mysterious being.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

None. 3 80’s so far lol.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

1 Abyss from an SPVP dolyak chest. 1 Celestial during halloween door event.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If I got one now, I’d have to sell it. Because my characters would be arguing endlessly on who gets to keep it. They’d be all cross at each other and would make my life a living hell. So in all fairness it would have to be sold.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I saved up my gold at start and bought an abyss dye for 6 gold. Yay me.

Also, i got one from a random drop, and one each time during two plays of the dye game, earning a profit. Gotta love rng.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

These are “rough” safe estimations as I have probably made more:
~14 abyss
~8 celestial
~10 black
~15 white
~9 midnight ice
~12 midnight fire

Purchased, crafted or from unidentified dye drops?

2 abyss 1 celestial and 2 white 1 black from unidentified that I know for sure, the rest is gambling the forge with my 4 lucky dyes that don’t fail me (yet).

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

I got a black dye drop other than that I haven’t got a dye that was worth more than 70 silver at the time

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

UHhh so why are you telling us this with a smiley face instead of asking someone to increase the chance for abyss, celestial and other dyes costing like 10g.

The price of it is insane. And RNG being the only way to get it is kitten

Why not come up with some way of crafting it?

Sigh why does anet think that RNG is the solution to limit the amount of a specific item. There are ALMOST NO OTHER GAME out there that relies on RNG as much as GW2.

Or maybe they’re just lazy to use some brains and come up with new ideas to replace RNG.

I wonder how upset the community will be with A-net if they have those new flame and frost theme dyes chucked into the RNG feature. I’m predicting some hostility.

Also keeping on topic I have gotten one from someone who just gave me theirs for no apparent reason (have yet to use it). Other then that I just have gotten one celestial dye from one unidentified dye binge I did awhile back ago. On a personal note: I don’t care for having all black or white dyed armor, since it sometimes shows a lack of imagination when it comes to the wide color palette we have in GW2.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

I got 2, but i don’t mind … if it’s rare to drop then it’s something special. It’s just like precursors or other stuff that is nice, it’s worth to buy it or to wait for it.

They don’t have to increase those drop rates, they should increase the drop rate of rare’s/exotics so farming gold would be a bit more easy.

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

1 celestial and 1 abyss since launch. Got the celestial on day 5. Used it ofc
Sold the abyss dye as it utterly obilterates any detail on my armour, it’s too dark. If you want a good shade of black that still leaves the details I recommend charcoal dye.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Abyss Dye

Posted by: GenoUnknown.7504

GenoUnknown.7504

I’ve been playing since December and have not got any.

My friend, the very first day he started. He got Midnight Ice, and Abyss with in 3 hours of starting. He sold both. I was so very, very upset.

Kisu Beki(Guardian) | Suki The Great (Warrior) | Suki Grimm (Necromancer)
Geno Bishou (Elementist) | Suki The Huntress (Ranger) | Geno The Unknown (Thief)

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

i got one and used it immediately. then i went to the trading post and checked the price. then i cried.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

I actually used my first one without even checking at all and got slapped off my guild mates lol

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Abyss dye was one of the very first dyes i actually got (back in August when you opened them instead of TP’d them.)

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

In beta, I recieved one from the gem dye packs. Immediately after beta, I recieved two. First unid’ed dye on my human necro too and another some time later. I sold that one when they were going for 5g. I have yet to see another.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Unlocked almost all common dye, most uncommon and around 30 rare…not a single abyss, black or celestial dye, yay^^

Abyss Dye

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

never seen any sort of black dye, white dye or celectial dye

Abyss Dye

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

none, played since the ending of august, but 2 celestial tho, think I have gotten white twice (once for sure)

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Psycosi.4670

Psycosi.4670

My first ever unidentified dye drop on day 1 of launch was Celestial, which i promptly used.

Ive dropped 1 Abyss Dye in the last 7 months, i got it 3 weeks ago.. id be happy with 1 every 7 months haha.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I have only ever seen one rare dye it was cobalt or some crap. I have opened probably 50-60 unid dyes the past 2 months just from killing creatures etc.

I’m firmly in the realm of character seeds again at this point, as my guardian never finds anything worthwhile and my fiance jumps on and finds a 4g dye in 10 minutes on her level 11 ele.

Such is life

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I’ve been playing since launch, have opened every dye I’ve found, and have never found Abyss, Celestial, Midnight Fire, or Midnight Ice. The most valuable one I’ve found has been Gold dye, which I sold for about 5g.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Robin Da Poor.6281

Robin Da Poor.6281

Since launch:

10 abyss
13 celestial
8 black
10 midnight Ice
numerous midnight fire

I suppose it also equates to how many dyes you actually open, I was spending above 15g a week buying unid dyes,
I have since been going to unid dyes anonymous (UDA) and have cut down on the amount now days lol

SharpShooters [SS] | Yak’s Bend |
Pro With A Bow| Mes Mer Relda |

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Have never found it either. Been playing since the early betas. Have all 8 professions…3 lvl 90, 3 level 70-ish’s….

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Abyss Dye

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’ve gotten 2, one from the BLC dye pack and one as a drop. I might have more in that stack of unid’d dyes i have sitting there for the gift of color.

BTW Raf, you win, since you have 3 lvl 90’s O_o

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

1 abyss since launch..
1 celestial
1 white
0 Black

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Uriel Saintclair.6345

Uriel Saintclair.6345

Opening a stack of unidentified dye got me. 2 midnight ice, 1 celestial , 3 blood dye. not doing that again

Thieve’s spam heartseeker on my sanctuary.
Guild: None Mercenary
SoR since day 1

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

I have over 800 hours or so playing. I actually got an Abyss dye in my very first hour of playing. I haven’t seen one since.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

I’m about as casual as casual gets. 3-4 hours a day on average, and I’ve yet to see a single Abyss dye. Though I have gotten 3 Celestial Drops. So take what you can from that, but it really is a slot machine. Keep pulling the levers and you’re bound to hit payday eventually.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

Abyss Dye

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

This whole dye discussion is stupid and pointless. Having to buy colors in the shop is lame. Dyes not being account-wide is lame. In WvW your armor is red green or blue anyway, so thats lame. In PVE nobody even looks at you anyway, except you looking at yourself. Anet should just make the whole colorpallet available for everyone, for free and be done with it.

Yet another misinformed comment on WvW coloring: go to your in-game options, change the dropdown for team colors(none, enemies only, or everyone).

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

Been playing off/on since launch and had 1 abyss dye. It was not from a drop I got though, it was from me buying 100s of unidentified dyes (when they were cheaper) and identifying them. :P

I think I had over 200 colors unlocked before I got that abyss too.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

1 Abyss
1 Black

Playing since launch.

A buddy of mine got 2 celestials within 24 hours of each other. Random luck is random.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

Abyss Dye

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

0 – I bought my abyss dye.

The only dyes of real value I’ve had drop, have been white, black, and midnight fire.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Rogue.8235

Rogue.8235

Just wanted to throw in that the only Abyss I’ve ever gotten was during BWE3.

I’m still not sure if that was lucky or unlucky.

The Blind player

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Also, to make everyone hate me. I dont even use abyss anyone. Its only on one set up my armor, sitting in the bank, gathering dust.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

I figured out Opening dye to get what you want is a fools game after a very short stint of double clicking. Opened maybe 100. Sell them all and you will be able to buy exactly the shade you want for 95+% of the market. Shoot, my main has every Red and every Gold worth mentioning. I have previewed (Thank You Anet!) Abyss on every skin I have that I like, and the improvement over other black/dark dyes I already use has never been even close to getting me to buy it.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I got one as one of my first drops on my second alt. I used it, then decided I didn’t like that alt and deleted it, only to change my mind and remake it later… and it was on a necro too… the class that everyone wants abyss dye for…

Yes, I know I’m an idiot.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I got one from a random unidentified dye back in october.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

I sell unidentified dyes. I refuse to gamble.

Which means you are losing profit. There is a reason that the price on the dyes is what it is. You make more by opening them, otherwise the price for unidentified dyes would drop.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Dwarfstar.4928

Dwarfstar.4928

Never found or created Abyss thanks to my nemesis (since I started mmos in 2004) RNG. However, I did find a white off a barracuda in the Human starting area pond near the hungry bears and infamous Troll my first week. Even us RNG haters get “lucky” once in a blue moon. Oh, and Midnight Fire is my dye of choice now.

“No, on second thought, let’s not go to Camelot. ’Tis a silly place.”

(edited by Dwarfstar.4928)

Abyss Dye

Posted by: viennapleads.1784

viennapleads.1784

Zero abyss and only one Celestial, from mystic forge.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Never got one.
Just bought it.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

I have gotten one. I have been playing since launch.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

from dropped dyes,
1 abyss
1 black
0 celestial
0 white

I seem to get cotton candy a lot. Have had quite a few of the midnight varieties drop. Haven’t really touched on the mystic toilet version of acquiring them. Mostly just bought the ones I like/want.