Guild Wars 2 April fools 2015 [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

I wish it was just a 1 hour debuff or something which fell off after the time expired. Having this effect on for the entire day blows. It gets old fast, particularly in PvP environments like WvW. It’s not enabled in sPvP arenas and it shoulda been disabled in WvW too. It was pretty distracting whilst I was trying to command earlier.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

(edited by Tiffany.8576)

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

Bobbleheads, yeah. GW1 antics, yeah. “Hey, I’m Malasia Air, or Germanwings, vroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!”

No.

Grow up.

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

You’re the one who is trying to foist this on all of us and insist we are given no way out of it.

Even though it would not affect you adversely, in the slightest, if we were.

How immature and selfish is that?

Did I make the game? No, so I can’t be foisting it off on you.

How dare Anet foist only a choice of Mesmers and Rangers and Elementalists and Thieves and Engineers and Guadians and Warriors on us. I want to play as a Paladin and a Monk!!!!

You get things “foisted” on you all the time. This is a MINOR thing. The most obvious affects are able to be turned off. The two things that can’t be you never even notice if you play the game as intended, and yet you still go on about it.

The way you complain it’s like you feel Anet should come to beg your approval for anything they do to the game.

I refer you to my previous post.

We are customers.

We have a right to our opinions.

If you don’t like customers voicing their opinions, I suggest you find something else to read, because this place will get on your nerves.

And I will refer you to my post above.

I too am a customer. Most people love this. Only a few vocal entitlement mentality people don’t. If you don’t like the fact that other customers do like it and will support it bother you, I suggest you find something else to read, because I will get on your nerves.

Yes, we are both customers.

We are both equally entitled to our opinions.

The only difference is that my suggestion would NOT adversely affect you in the slightest.

Whereas, your suggestion (that we should just suck it up, basically) DOES adversely affect me.

See the difference?

I DO like the fact that some other people like it and I want them to continue to be able to enjoy it.

I DON’T like the fact that some people don’t like it (and can’t remove it) and I want them to be given a, purely personal, optional opt-out.

Clear enough for you?

Yes, it’s very clear to me that you have no concept of what Aprils Fools is, how Guild Wars, and every other MMO handles things, and that your life is so adversely affected that your characters arms have to be outstretched for a few hours one time has got you so worked up.

Yes, it’s very clear.

I know what it is.

I also know that, after noon, the joke is traditionally considered to be on them.

Therefore, 24 full hours of this “joke” is not even in the true spirit of April Fools Day, anyway.

As I say, other companies (like Blizzard, for example) also have an April Fools Day event, but it isn’t for the entire day and (if I remember correctly?) is removable.

That is the correct way to approach something like this.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: Dragon.8612

Dragon.8612

First off Mr. I Want Attention By Creating a Whole New Thread and Claim I Am a Game Designer, the obvious parts of the mechanics ARE able to be turned off. The outstretched arms, well, if that annoys you or anyone else, you should really seek counseling, and I mean that in all sincerity because it shows you have deep issues to let a simple few pixels being outstretched in a game bother you.

Okay. First of all you need to read other comments before you make accusations about people and what they are saying. I specifically stated several times that I don’t believe me being a game designer makes me better than anyone else and I don’t think I even need to validate this point because it’s inherent value in the situation was only to explain my background and how I was looking at the scenario. YOU are the one assuming I am taking some personal high road believing I am better than other people. I AM NOT! Specifically because of that I prefer to not give any credentials because this isn’t something that needs sharing. I’m not trying to prove I’m better at game design than anyone so why do I need to share personal information with you unless I’m trying to say what I have done is better than what you have done? I’m saying that is my background.

You want to fling hateful words at me just to make yourself seem like you have some deeper understanding of me based upon what I have said go ahead. It has no validity in the conversation and makes you look juvenile. I’m not bothered by “a simple few pixels” I’m bothered by the fact that ANet consciously made a decision to do something inherently shortsighted. I don’t hate them for it, we all do it, I just want them to fix it! They made it so people who play a certain way cannot enjoy themselves in the game.

I agree with your second point we don’t need to let tragedy ruin peoples ability to have fun. Yes things happen all the time. We cannot stop enjoying things because that happened. I was never saying we shouldn’t enjoy the joke. What I am stating is that there are people who are offended. People have a right to be offended. It isn’t just one person either which, to me, would mean that they made a mistake, even if it was unintentional. I’m not saying they are bad people I am just saying they made a mistake and should seek to rectify it as soon as they can.

As for other holidays, players are never specifically forced to engage with those parts of the game. Yes they see them, yes they are in the game, but players don’t have to use them or acknowledge them in their game-play experience. If they want they can ignore them or go to a different city in the case of the Halloween event. Forcing players to view the game in a specific way and not be able to control their characters is inherently wrong. This current event is not an external experience in the game. It is internal, exclusive to how the player controls their character. This fully effects how they play and experience the game. How they control their character is a basic way in which they interact with the world around them. They don’t have a choice in that, they have to use their controls and character model to experience the game. They willingly choose to deal with those external effects, they don’t have to.

For your final point I never said they had to make everyone happy. I know this is impossible. There will always be outliers who don’t enjoy the things they do. However in this case a very large part of the community is upset. That should be addressed. Also any good game designer knows you do everything in your power to make everyone happy, even if they are a small percentage, if it is possible. Most of the time there are people unhappy, but you still always strive to make everyone as comfortable as possible without hurting other players. This violates that rule. Players are being hurt for the sake of a joke mechanic. Even if you enjoy it, it isn’t fair to those players.

Regardless of what is being said I still thank you for reading and commenting on the post

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

Changes in events can affect RPers too. Should Anet take that into consideration before changing events? I have little doubt that the tower in Kessex Hills Scarlett’s forced built and the ensuing destruction of the area ruined someone’s RP. Should that not have happened either, because it was “forced” on everyone.

I had no idea that rpers were confined to Rp around Kessex Hills.

LOL I didn’t say they were mow did I. You can keep repeating that same line over and over, just makes you look foolish.

See, you miss the irony in your own argument. No, they aren’t confined to Kessex Hills, but the RPers that did RP in Kessex pre Scarlett were in fact affected by the changes Anet “forced” on them now weren’t they? Yes, they could move somewhere else, but if their RP was Kessex based, now that would mess them up.

Fields of Ruin has a lot of RPers in it that choose not to go other places. Their RP for whatever reason has them in and around Ebonhawke. Should Anet consult them before changing that zone in the future?

See, one thing Anet was VERY clear on before this game was released and anyone spent a single dollar on it, was that this would be a fluid, ever changing game world. There is also the fact that it is JUST A GAME. It is also April Fools which is a day for pranks to be pulled and “forced” on people. The vast majority of people enjoy those pranks as the amusement they are intended to be, but some of you can not. You think nothing should be done that is “forced” on anyone, but can’t even realize that things are “forced” on everyone all the time.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Archaic Dawn.6987

Archaic Dawn.6987

I don’t want to be that guy but…

An airplane themed joke right after a horrible plane wreck happened in real life? I think this was a bit insensitive to some…

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

I am with OP.

It is not that Anet have got in the april fools spirit that is the issue here.

Its the type of prank and its timing, highly unsensitive.

Sometimes there is a funny film due to be shown on the tv one week, but something tragic happens in real life that relates to the film in some way, the film gets rescheduled..

The joke is really poorly timed..

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

I thought it was cute too. When I created my charr thief I imagined her being sort of goofy and so it fits well with the personality I had in mind for her, lol.

And some of the grinning faces look so silly I just had to screenshot them. Especially human females.

Posted by: Castitalus.6359

Castitalus.6359

Changes in events can affect RPers too. Should Anet take that into consideration before changing events? I have little doubt that the tower in Kessex Hills Scarlett’s forced built and the ensuing destruction of the area ruined someone’s RP. Should that not have happened either, because it was “forced” on everyone.

LOL I didn’t say they were mow did I. You can keep repeating that same line over and over, just makes you look foolish.

See, you miss the irony in your own argument. No, they aren’t confined to Kessex Hills, but the RPers that did RP in Kessex pre Scarlett were in fact affected by the changes Anet “forced” on them now weren’t they? Yes, they could move somewhere else, but if their RP was Kessex based, now that would mess them up.

Fields of Ruin has a lot of RPers in it that choose not to go other places. Their RP for whatever reason has them in and around Ebonhawke. Should Anet consult them before changing that zone in the future?

See, one thing Anet was VERY clear on before this game was released and anyone spent a single dollar on it, was that this would be a fluid, ever changing game world. There is also the fact that it is JUST A GAME. It is also April Fools which is a day for pranks to be pulled and “forced” on people. The vast majority of people enjoy those pranks as the amusement they are intended to be, but some of you can not. You think nothing should be done that is “forced” on anyone, but can’t even realize that things are “forced” on everyone all the time.

Wait, you mean the playerbase in Kessex Hills had an opt out feature? They were not confined to that zone for the duration of the LS event? :o

And you say I look foolish. Keep comparing previous events with this one.

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Since i logged in and saw this april’s fool stuff, and since i first heard my big bad female charr warrior make those sounds, i can’t stop smirking.
However, after a few minutes of playing, it hit me – what about the Titanic? So i came up to the forums to see if there are already topics about how bad this joke is. TBH i expected less topics than there are. It is just a joke, but not a very well-timed one.

Although i think it’s funny, i can understand it completely that those affected by the film18 years ago find it offensive or insensitive. I know if someone in my family would have died on a ship, i would just burst out in tears the moment i saw what this year’s april’s fool was about and then couldn’t relog for a few days maybe. It would be just one more thing to reming me of a loved one’s absence. I wouldn’t care that it refers to another era’s ships and i wouldn’t give a kitten about how other ppl think i “shouldn’t be offended” – feeling bad because of it would not be a choice but simply a reaction.

You seem to have missed my point even though you probably read through what i wrote.
I’m not offended, i’m enjoying the april’s fool stuff. If it was about titanic and i had relatives who died there (:P), i wouldn’t care because it wouldn’t be a FRESH wound. However, because these events are so recent, i’m only saying it’s totally understandable if some people with personal connection to them feel this is just wrong or might feel uncomfortable.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I love this one so much. I found myself running in circles near Fort Trinity just to run instead of harvesting herbs. I’ve done 1930’s/40’s LARP campaigns, I have a soft spot for the nostalgia.

You nailed it with the aviator caps and the sepia film flicker and that death music. I’m so glad I don’t need to go anywhere tomorrow, so many screenshots need to be set up!

Dragon.8612

As a game designer, you should understand that you will always offend somebody, somewhere. You should also understand that this patch was conceived and much of its development done before the tragic plane crash.

As I said in another thread, there are guns in this game, while people are affected by gun violence daily. There is war in this game, though people are affected by war all over the world. There is death, while people lose loved ones in their real life. If you exclude everything that might cause discomfort, you’ll end up with an empty, boring game.

very valid point. I agree we shouldn’t let violence and war effect our ability to enjoy something. My only issue on that front is that people, regardless of if we agree with them or not, were offended. ANet doesn’t necessarily need to apologize, they should just address it because a substantial amount of people seem to have an issue with it.

Thanks for your comment and thank you for reading.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It is a nice silly bit of april fools, well done.

Wildkitten.3872

First off Mr. I Want Attention By Creating a Whole New Thread and Claim I Am a Game Designer, the obvious parts of the mechanics ARE able to be turned off. The outstretched arms, well, if that annoys you or anyone else, you should really seek counseling, and I mean that in all sincerity because it shows you have deep issues to let a simple few pixels being outstretched in a game bother you.

Okay. First of all you need to read other comments before you make accusations about people and what they are saying. I specifically stated several times that I don’t believe me being a game designer makes me better than anyone else and I don’t think I even need to validate this point because it’s inherent value in the situation was only to explain my background and how I was looking at the scenario. YOU are the one assuming I am taking some personal high road believing I am better than other people. I AM NOT! Specifically because of that I prefer to not give any credentials because this isn’t something that needs sharing. I’m not trying to prove I’m better at game design than anyone so why do I need to share personal information with you unless I’m trying to say what I have done is better than what you have done? I’m saying that is my background.

You want to fling hateful words at me just to make yourself seem like you have some deeper understanding of me based upon what I have said go ahead. It has no validity in the conversation and makes you look juvenile. I’m not bothered by “a simple few pixels” I’m bothered by the fact that ANet consciously made a decision to do something inherently shortsighted. I don’t hate them for it, we all do it, I just want them to fix it! They made it so people who play a certain way cannot enjoy themselves in the game.

I agree with your second point we don’t need to let tragedy ruin peoples ability to have fun. Yes things happen all the time. We cannot stop enjoying things because that happened. I was never saying we shouldn’t enjoy the joke. What I am stating is that there are people who are offended. People have a right to be offended. It isn’t just one person either which, to me, would mean that they made a mistake, even if it was unintentional. I’m not saying they are bad people I am just saying they made a mistake and should seek to rectify it as soon as they can.

….

Regardless of what is being said I still thank you for reading and commenting on the post

Well you know what, a lot more people are affected by war and guns and other things portrayed in the game than ever could be by what happened in France. Should the wars in the game be taken out? Should the guns? You are the one making the claim that this was in poor taste and have demanded an apology for it, so if they should remove this and apologize for it, then you must think they should take out and apologize for other content that could be much more offensive to much more people.

As to the other, yes, you do present yourself as someone who is “more important” because there is no other reason to drop the line “I am a game designer”. You try to set yourself up as some form of expert by doing so which by it’s very definition means you think you have greater authority to speak on the subject. If you didn’t feel this way, you would not have said it. And no one should make claims like that without being willing to back them up.

There is absolutely nothing for Anet to fix. In fact, I demand an apology from you because your inability to enjoy a simple April Fools day prank extremely offends me.

(Message shortened for Body Length reasons)

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

NNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Posted by: Arkwright.4128

Arkwright.4128

…It’s for A DAY.

Wildkitten.3872

Wait, you mean the playerbase in Kessex Hills had an opt out feature? They were not confined to that zone for the duration of the LS event? :o

And you say I look foolish. Keep comparing previous events with this one.

You are the one who brought RPers into this. If there RP was Kessex based, then yes, their own RP would by necessity mean they were confined to Kessex would it not? If they go somewhere else, then it affects their RP correct? Yes, it does. So if you apply your logic consistently, then NOTHING, whether game play or joke related can ever be done to the game because it may affect some RPer’s RP.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Castitalus.6359

Rpers would have an in character reason for being affected. Since you seem to know about rp, please, enlighten me on how you would rp this event, airplane pose, wooshing noises and all.

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Rpers would have an in character reason for being affected. Since you seem to know about rp, please, enlighten me on how you would rp this event, airplane pose, wooshing noises and all.

I think they’ll survive for one day.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I had a ton of fun tonight. Dressed up fancy, took some awesome screenshots with the boyfriend (now to be edited), enjoyed everybody’s videos (can’t wait for Eexa’s…)

My only problem with this April Fool’s is that it isn’t the SAB, but what can you do For not-the-SAB it is pretty awesome and entirely appropriate in both tone and scope for April Fool’s.

And maybe this means that when the SAB returns, it does so as part of the world story (remember the stuff in Rata Sum last time?) with some larger implications.

I’m happy. Thanks ANet!

Attachments:

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

Posted by: SpiritSpeakerOfHoelbrak.3980

SpiritSpeakerOfHoelbrak.3980

Combat transformation changes your character look, including hands position.

Guys you can extend the transformation time of the Ascalonian Mages Potion by eating some Omnomberry Ghost food AFTER you consume the Mages Potion. They are cheap too (10 silver).

As long as you don’t die or run out of Omnomberry Ghost food you will stay in this combat transformation !

Enjoy.

Alfgrímr Swiftmarch
Shaman Speaker of Hoelbrak.

Professor Snarl

(edited by SpiritSpeakerOfHoelbrak.3980)

Castitalus.6359

True, but the "suck it up’ mentality is never good.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

If April Fool’s annoys you, you’re an idiot.

Not really. That flickering sepia filter was legitimately painful.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Wildkitten.3872

No, they would be FORCED to create an in character reason. Since you are the one making the argument that nothing should be forced that could affect an RPer, than you have to be arguing that NOTHING in the game should ever force an RP player to do something they don’t wish to do.

Or are you saying RPers have created an in character reason to every possible thing that could ever be done to the game?

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: wretch.9830

wretch.9830

Agreed, this is annoying.

Slightly Overkill -80 -[Moon]
Sylvari Ranger – Anvilrock (ikr…?)

Wildkitten.3872

But you are the one who is arguing that the Kessex Hills RPer “suck it up” and move to another zone for when the Living Story happened.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Tylak.9163

Tylak.9163

Seems to me that newer players might be more put off by the prank than others. I’m on my first character at level 40 and everything still feels new, magical, and important! I don’t want part of my journey to be mired in buggy animation, annoying audio, and eye straining visuals. So I’m sitting this one out.

A simple toggle would resolve this.

Be nice to each other.

Good night.

Posted by: Dixie Cougar.2415

Dixie Cougar.2415

I don’t care at all about the RL angle, but this joke is annoying after the first 5 mins. Yeah, a toggle would have been nice.

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

Am I the only one absolutely laughing my kitten off here at the irony of current events and the April fools joke? I mean…yeah its bad, but wow the timing is just hilariously bad. To everyone saying it’s insensitive. Get over yourselves. It’s a harmless joke that can be precieved however a person wants.
If it bothers you that much, then just wait till the second. So kitten tired of everyone out there on the internet complaining about how “This offends me/group of people” like it’s some kind of sport.

Castitalus.6359

Yup, figured you know next to nothing about rp. It’s kind of hard to rp and immerse yourself when your character is running around like a child pretending to be a plane. THAT is the forced issue, the character model, the point you keep missing.

All the other examples, rpers can leave the area or take what’s presented in the story updates and use it for rp. gasp Options!

Posted by: Klonoa.7068

Klonoa.7068

There was a plane crash!?
alright everyone, no talking about planes for at least 6 months. Don’t want to trigger anyone.

Dragon.8612

Well you know what, a lot more people are affected by war and guns and other things portrayed in the game than ever could be by what happened in France. Should the wars in the game be taken out? Should the guns? You are the one making the claim that this was in poor taste and have demanded an apology for it, so if they should remove this and apologize for it, then you must think they should take out and apologize for other content that could be much more offensive to much more people.

As to the other, yes, you do present yourself as someone who is “more important” because there is no other reason to drop the line “I am a game designer”. You try to set yourself up as some form of expert by doing so which by it’s very definition means you think you have greater authority to speak on the subject. If you didn’t feel this way, you would not have said it. And no one should make claims like that without being willing to back them up.

There is absolutely nothing for Anet to fix. In fact, I demand an apology from you because your inability to enjoy a simple April Fools day prank extremely offends me.

(Message shortened for Body Length reasons)

Okay this is my last post because I am still working and need to go home and sleep :P

Again as I stated before. You should take the time to fully digest what is being stated. I never once said they had to apologize. I said they should seek to rectify the issue. However they see fit to do so is their option. I am just saying I think with this much public outcry they should seek to do something to fix this issue.

As for the “game designer” issue. If someone came in here and made the statement “I am a reporter here is what I think of the issue from my area of expertise” that is the same thing as what I stated. I didn’t not come in here saying “I DESIGN VIDEO GAMES SUCH AS BLAH BLAH BLAH AND BLAH BLAH BLAH. THAT MEANS I AM QUALIFIED AND YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME.” Just like the reporter scenario I just stated I have a background in game design. I’m not better than you or anyone or the reporter I am just saying from the perspective of a game designer this is what I believe. Again, I don’t need your approval to make my statement, in-fact, you arguing that I have to prove myself makes it seem as though you are telling me I need to be some authoritative figure and produce some credentials before anyone can listen to my opinion. Simply because I stated my occupation. I am not better than anyone in this thread or forum. I have said it several times. I just wanted to talk about it from my point of view and now you are actually assaulting me for who I am. I am just a dude who plays GW2, designs video games, and writes on forums. I am not a god or better than anyone else.

As for your apology. I apologize. I do not mean to offend you for being upset with the way they handled this issue. I never meant to do you harm in feeling that way or expressing my opinions. That being said I still believe in what I have stated and do not regret having those beliefs, nor was it ever my intention to do you any harm. Finally if this many people have an issue then I would say yes, ANet does need to, at the very least, do something to rectify the issues at hand.

Thanks for your comment and thanks for helping the thread

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

There was a plane crash!?
alright everyone, no talking about planes for at least 6 months. Don’t want to trigger anyone.

Not talking made someone’s depression worse which ultimately lead to the end of their life. We probably shouldn’t be talking about not talking right now. Insensitive jerk.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Bottom line is, it would affect no one adversely to give people an opt-out.

Whereas, it does affect some people adversely to not do so.

Sensible companies try to please as many people as they can – assuming that, by doing so, they hurt no one.

End of story.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Wildkitten.3872

Yup, figured you know next to nothing about rp. It’s kind of hard to rp and immerse yourself when your character is running around like a child pretending to be a plane. THAT is the forced issue, the character model, the point you keep missing.

All the other examples, rpers can leave the area or take what’s presented in the story updates and use it for rp. gasp Options!

Was this game created for the RPer? No. Is Guild Wars known for it’s April Fool’s Day gags? Very much so.

As to your last line, you’re essentially saying that they can “suck it up” and change their RP. Hypocrisy on display.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Honestly, I don’t care even for a bit about that plane crash.
Not my deal.

And I like the noises while i run.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

I just consider all these complaining threads as a April Fool’s joke.

I mean, how do you tell if they’re not joking? It’s April Fool

duh.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m with Guhracie, this has been enormous fun so far. I got on Mumble with some guildies and we were all laughing loud and long.

And I don’t usually literally lol. Snorts of amusement, mostly, but full laughter? It’s rare, so thank you ANet for gifting me with it!

Castitalus.6359

Was this game created for the RPer? No. Is Guild Wars known for it’s April Fool’s Day gags? Very much so.

As to your last line, you’re essentially saying that they can “suck it up” and change their RP. Hypocrisy on display.

Way to twist my words to try to make yourself look better. No comment on the character model? Oh wait, that’s right, you can’t make any argument against it.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Yep Arena Net this is lame. A joke is one thing but what you are doing is annoying people. It’s like that one bad comedian that wont kitten and get off stage. Ruined the mood of the game. (not everyone is 12 years old.)…also doing this when airplane crashes are on the news daily. Bad, bad taste and losing brownie points with me fast.

Speak for yourself. I’m not annoyed at all. I’ve had a lot of fun tonight. Tell you what is annoying: Yet another of you whiners finding it necessary to post Another thread about this.

You know what else is annoying? Posters who find others who have different opinions annoying. Zing!

Seriously, if you don’t like the subject of the thread move on.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Seriously, ANOTHER thread about this?!

Keep ‘em comin’. I just want a “Turn Off Events” button.

+1 for this idea.

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

The core of this game is about killing monsters/creatures/people. Yet you are offended at childlike animations and noises of people pretending to be planes. Kinda makes me think you are just trolling the forums.

For whatever it’s worth I’m enjoying the joke. Watching my Charr run is hilarious.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

I’ve found that the ghost transformation effect of the Ascalonian Mages Potion doesn’t end when the potion does. So the ghosts may not be necessary. This is what I experienced tonight, anyway.

Thanks to everyone contributing workarounds in this thread.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Lordkrall is just being reasonable. A-net had no idea a plane crash would happen shortly before their joke release, there is no good reason they should pull the whole gig just because some people are temporarily sensitive.

If characters making vroom noises and pretending to be planes is offensive to you just because a plane related disaster happened, then you need to toughen up and grow up in my opinion. Sure people die, that’s life. But that doesn’t mean you have to hurl your resentment at other peoples’ fun.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Cazamar.7148

Cazamar.7148

OP made a Skyrim mod so now he is a “Game Designer.”

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

The funny thing is that while the joke turned some of you off to a point of not playing today, instead of doing something constructive with your time, y’all decided to spend your day off from GW2 by complaining on the internet and even argue.

Good time investment people.

Pollution.8703

Most of what we do in this game is run around and slaughter things. Somehow people who are ok with that are not ok with an April Fools joke related to planes.

Wildkitten.3872

Way to twist my words to try to make yourself look better. No comment on the character model? Oh wait, that’s right, you can’t make any argument against it.

Not twisting your words whatsoever. Let me quote you….

Then you go on to say….

….

See, ‘Suck it up’ and ‘Take it or leave it’ is the exact same thing. It’s saying “You have been forced to deal with a change that is beyond your control so you must adapt”. Guess what, that’s life. We ALL have to deal with it. The fact that so few of y ou are so loud about it inside of a game is rather sad.

So yes, you are a hypocrite.

EDIT: As to the character model, it doesn’t matter. Change is change no matter how it is forced on someone.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Castitalus.6359

The funny thing is that while the joke turned some of you off to a point of not playing today, instead of doing something constructive with your time, y’all decided to spend your day off from GW2 by complaining on the internet.

Good tome investment people.

Can it really be considered complaining if you are amused by it and partake?

Pollution.8703

Man you people all salty over no SAB (ha!) sure are grasping straws over this airplane april fools joke, aren’t ya? Seriously, if you don’t like it don’t play for a day or ten – you will not be missed. It was a funny april fools joke – trying to draw parallels to real life events just because you don’t like something is pretty ridiculous.

People with attitude like azurrei should really immediately be permanent banned from any online game and everyone will be happy for it.

I’d rather you not be allowed to post/play tbh.