Balance Changes Upcoming

Balance Changes Upcoming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I can’t understand your idea of balancing, ArenaNet. Please, could any dev enlighten me, because all you do is upsetting your playerbase even more.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Thank GOD you’re nerfing SoI, it needed it massively, at least in WvW. In PvE…sadly another thing to adapt the meta to.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

Thank GOD you’re nerfing SoI, it needed it massively, at least in WvW. In PvE…sadly another thing to adapt the meta to.

Oh.

YOU could adapt to it too. But nonetheless, boonsharing will still be a thing, SoI and Revs are just a part of the problem, enjoy destroying PvE and still having perma boons on WvW.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Seriously???? SoI did nothing but highlight the problem, SoI was not the kittening problem.

The problem is twofold

A – Way too much access to boon duration after HoT

B – HoT classes fart out boons everytime they take a step

Of course any boonsharing skill will highlight those facts, but that doesn’t make the boonshare skill the problem.

@OT – I have mixed feelings about what I hear here. You say you are going to “look at” nerfing the boon duration on facet of nature, but nothing about the other, equally ridiculous, accesss to boon duration. You say more nerfs are incoming for mesmer, without actually addressing the base problem of too many boons being generated left and right. I just doubt that this balance patch will be effective

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Everyone here is panicking over just a couple of things that they have said they are going to reduce/nerf, just wait until tuesday and see what they actually do rather than jump to a conclusion.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

Oh wow. So now I will HAVE to use Illusionary Inspiration, I will HAVE to save my phantasm skills to use them during Continuum Split to have 4 Signets of Inspiration, I will HAVE to use a Sigil of Concentration and I will HAVE to work a weapon swap into my rotation to get my boon duration to 100%, making my rotation even more rigid than it was.

GG “balance” team.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Everyone here is panicking over just a couple of things that they have said they are going to reduce/nerf, just wait until tuesday and see what they actually do rather than jump to a conclusion.

It’s the same over reactions that happen every time. It’s always “the sky is falling”.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Betrayedchalice.5198

Betrayedchalice.5198

thank you for destroying my favorite class… Again. RIP mesmers.

Never Enough [TYME] – Ehmry Bay
Elementalist – Philip Podscale, Mesmer – Jessica Starkwind, Call me Shawn

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: breno.5423

breno.5423

Nerf:

1) Precision strike from revenant;
2) Remove the second block from mesmer shield and sPvP will be perfectly balanced;
3) Nerf confusion logaritm too, this is actually really OP at sPvP. I always got about 40~50k of confusion damage when i’m facing chronomancers;
4) Equilibrium also need nerf in its damage;
5) Nerf Facet of Light healing percentage!!!!!
6) Finally, nerf druid stealth from Celestial Shadow!

GG, best balancing ever!

(edited by breno.5423)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: KeyboardNinja.6785

KeyboardNinja.6785

Nerfing Naturalistic Resonance is defensible. Revenants are too important right now due to their interaction with chronos. While I don’t like the idea of being forced to stat swap my chronomancer set from Berserker to Commanders, I think it’s defensible.

However, normalizing boon duration shared from Signet of Inspiration is a massive, massive problem. A huge part of the skill floor on chronomancers is ensuring that you’re optimizing your boon duration as you apply your boons to yourself (through properly timed weapon swaps procing Sigil of Concentration). Once this is done properly, Signet of Inspiration shares that benefit with the rest of your group. If Signet of Inspiration has a normalized boon duration on share, then it’s actually somewhat pointless to maintain a proper weapon swap rotation.

To make matters worse, this actually kills several Chronomancer builds. For example, Gravity Well is currently viable (and indeed, optimal for several fights!), since it is possible for a full-Berserker chronomancer with perfect weapon swapping, boon food and a Revenant to maintain 100% quickness uptime solely generating with Well of Action, Chronomancer Runes and Tides of Time, and solely sharing via Signet of Inspiration. That build instantly dies if you normalize the boon duration on SoI.

Basically, I don’t see why you would normalize SoI. It kills build diversity. It further inhibits raid composition diversity (by pushing groups toward multiple chronomancers). It significantly drops the skill floor on chronomancer by removing nearly all of the reward for a perfect rotation. It even nerfs the impact of gearing choices, since commanders gear and/or platinum doubloons will have no impact on SoI-shared boons.

In general, this is the wrong duration for PvE balance in this game. The skill floor and build diversity of chronomancer is something that other classes should aspire to. More importantly though, this change takes the biggest problem in the current PvE game and makes it even worse: composition diversity. Right now, 4/4/2 dominantes (two druids, two berserkers, four dps, one revenant, one chronomancer). That’s a 10 man raid group where only 4 slots have any choice about what they’re doing. Technically, mirror-comp (which is what everyone will run if these changes go live) still only has 4 slots that are fungible, but it removes the ability to bring a Revenant at all, which lowers class diversity considerably.

The balance team should be focusing on giving raid teams meaningful choices in their composition, either by adjusting the potency of buffs or by improving the strength of the alternatives. At best, these changes don’t move the needle; but more likely, these changes take a bad problem and make it worse.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I’m not opposed to a duration nerf for the boons on SoI, but I hope it isn’t so short that it makes it useless. ArenaNet has a tendency to make drastic changes that make things useless.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Oh.

YOU could adapt to it too. But nonetheless, boonsharing will still be a thing, SoI and Revs are just a part of the problem, enjoy destroying PvE and still having perma boons on WvW.

40+ seconds of Resistance, Protection, and Quickness, over a 20+ person group. It’s beyond ridiculous. No other boons are that much of a gamechanger but those 3. You can still do a party wide Protection and Resistance, but Resistance won’t go over 25s and Protection, while being able to go over 40s, requires a Revenant to stay in Glint and use all their energy. It’s not viable in WvW battles short of you being a worthless boon bot in battle.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I really hope they’ve looked at Warrior’s ability to stack perma-resistance. That kittens broken.

It also affects warrior ability to stack permanent might. In PvP where life siphon and corruption make short work of resistance comes at the cost of the only viable, team PvE build is now nullified making warrior the profession that brings absolutely nothing, to any team, of any form in any game format.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Where are the Engineer changes and buffs?

Good question, engi was left out a lot lately.

Btw, when is the new balance patch coming time wise? 1 Week/ 2?

Good question, but very unclear what they are going to do with, i see anet could throw Engineers to any direction they want right now (except to a srapper buff, it would put him tier 1 in PvP), so the path that we are going to follow its not designed yet.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Triggered.1850

Triggered.1850

It’s so sad when people been relying on one style of play they forget that there is more than one way to play PvE. No class should be that important where it IS the meta.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Depending on your chosen profession and your role in combat, these changes may require some stat-swapping on your gear. We feel that giving a bit of a “heads-up” is appropriate.

given that the next balance patch is going to be forcing stat swapping in high-level play, could you not have done something about the price of Hardened Leather – which is both stupidly expensive, unfarmable, and required in horribly unbalance amounts for exotic insignia – which will be needed to stat swap gear.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Twilight Demon.5324

Twilight Demon.5324

woah now lets not be hasty. chronos don’t need any more nerfs. they are already doing no damage as is doing full rotations, when other classes push 2 buttons and put out 5 times as much damage. can we take a step back and realize how bad chronos are in the game right now?

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: myren.5490

myren.5490

Everyone’s reaction to Signet of Inspiration and Revenant is key in realizing that the problem goes way beyond that. Build diversity shouldn’t matter on those two things. If Anet can Nerf SoL and normalize Revenant boons but at the same time buff other things (VENTARI comes to mind, Mesmer DPS), then it won’t be that bad. But it seriously depends on what Anet will put in place of that. Signet of Inspiration and Glint Boons shouldn’t define so much for raids. In a way, I agree with it ONLY if Anet can successfully benefit revenant and Mesmer with other buffs.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Ayrilana.1396

It’s so sad when people been relying on one style of play they forget that there is more than one way to play PvE. No class should be that important where it IS the meta.

Yeah, it’s sad. It’s as if raids are not being low-manned, beaten with everyone not using elite specializations, beaten with everyone as a single class, or beaten with minutes to spare. But reduce boon duration by an undisclosed amount and now raids are impossible without two Mesmers. To think that percentage it’s being reduced by contributed so much…

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: apocalypso.4895

apocalypso.4895

One of the most notable changes being made is to the healing values of the Druid as a primary healer. Base values for the Celestial Avatar heals will be reduced, while the healing power contribution will be enhanced significantly. The reasoning for these changes is that while we are excited about the Druid being an incredibly strong healer, we would also like to see that role as one of many choices in your attribute build.

Ok, so this changes absolutely nothing in pvp, the meta uses hp and it’s actually a buff for that. My guess? You’re removing Mender’s amulet, right?
For pve it tries to remove zerker/viper’s druids, which are mainly used in meta comps, but magi’s largely required by pug mentality already.
Where do you see the “one of many choices” part if you’re killing two offensive/support builds (zerker/viper’s) in favor of one already dominant healing/support choice (magi’s)?
I fail to see how this improves anything… not that I am surprised.

Ranger

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

If Revenant Facet of Nature passive boon duration is being nerfed, is the Active effect One With Nature being buffed to compensate?

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

So druid in raids and fotm healing will be forced to magi or zealot. It has its ups and downs.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

I’m wondering where the stealth nerf for thieves is? In WvW the other day we had a thief standing still not being hit in a corner for over a minute stealthed. We knew he was there because of the orange dot. We threw everything in the corner where he was supposed to be and nothing. We finally got him with an old fashioned stealth trap when he moved on the wall(stealthed all the way to the trap before being hit). With that we had enough time to kill him before he could perma-stealth again.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

At the moment, the PvE-Meta is without a doubt the best Meta since launch of the game. Every class is viable in Pve, and many classes even have multiple build options. If this changes go live, revenant will be dead in pve.
Depending on how well the chrono will be able to spread quickness, people will either run two chronos or none. If people run two chronos, thief will be dead as well, because it doesn’t benefit from alacrity, and ele will once again be untouched king of dps.
Regarding the druid-changes, depending on how strong the healing nerf will be, it might kill the condi and the berserker build and thus limit the druid to only one viable build.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

Weow, pve scrubs can’t handle change while rest of game suffers? Don’t rely solely on one build

No doubt and its not that bad being leadership runes with food already give you close to 100% boon duration without even using the f2 skill. When I use that particular set with shiro mode I don’t even use that f2 skill because it interferes with the quickness/super speed so its really not that big of a deal personally. Then again for some the changing like it happens this game is not for them but its one of the aspects that kept me in gw1 and gw2 is that things change and keeps game play worth playing.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Ayrilana.1396

At the moment, the PvE-Meta is without a doubt the best Meta since launch of the game. Every class is viable in Pve, and many classes even have multiple build options. If this changes go live, revenant will be dead in pve.
Depending on how well the chrono will be able to spread quickness, people will either run two chronos or none. If people run two chronos, thief will be dead as well, because it doesn’t benefit from alacrity, and ele will once again be untouched king of dps.
Regarding the druid-changes, depending on how strong the healing nerf will be, it might kill the condi and the berserker build and thus limit the druid to only one viable build.

Raids do not equal all of PvE. Especially so since the majority of players apparently don’t raid.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Tenchu The Wolf.3418

Tenchu The Wolf.3418

this is going to NUKE raid composition diversity.

these nerfs, if they go through are basically going to FORCE people to run a mirror comp of

Subgroup1: Commanders Chrono – druid – PS – dps – dps
Subgroup2: Commanders Chrono – druid – PS – dps – dps

-or-
Subgroup1: Chrono (with some boon duration gear) – druid – PS – Rev – dps
Subgroup2: Chrono (with some boon duration gear) – druid – PS – Rev – dps

this is cancer, this demolishes the flexibility and diversity of the current raid meta. if you want to nerf boons for WvW you guys should split it form the other PVE metagame like you guys did for PvP. otherwise youre going to ruin the diversity of raids in favor of catering to the zerg meta in WvW. and frankly these changes wont change anything at all in WvW zerging

As it stands now every class has at least one viable build in raids. If we’re going to be forced to run mirror comp in order to cover the whole party for quickness, revenant won’t be needed in raids and classes that don’t benefit much from alacrity will be pushed out by other classes that benefit more from it. I fear that this patch may kill the great build diversity we currently enjoy.

Yeah, the proposed changes are devastating to PvE build and class diversity and awful for the health of the game.

Nerf the Signet of Inspiration in WvW, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t touch it in PvE. You will destroy several builds, teamcomps and overall classes (Revenants, Guardians and Thiefs) with this change alone. This is not a good change and you’re forcing the players, especially the Raid community, to play the same comp and classes. Currently every class has it’s place in PvE, even the NECROS and RANGERS which were considered for a long time Trash-tier. Don’t mess this up now.

This. This. This.

Do not just drop “We’re nerfing a bunch of kitten” without telling us what you are going to do to answer the potential fallout caused by these changes.

When people heard leaks about chronomancer nerfs to signet of inspiration of two weeks ago this was the resounding conclusion. That the team compositions would shift considerably to account for the necessity of two chronomancers for quickness uptime.

The revenant gets pushed out because it was originally kept mostly for its Fury production and the boon duration Naturalistic resistance conferred to Chronomancers allowing them to maintain quickness for the entire raid group. Two Chronomancers fill the void that the Revenant was holding onto by a whisper.

Thieves get pushed out because ALACRITY does NOT benefit them nearly as well as it does the current damage focused classes like Elementalist and Guardian. When we get two chronomancers we get more Alacrity that needs to be utilized more effectively.

Changing druid base heal effectiveness and moving into scaling ruins build diversity because it takes away heavily from allowing for mixed druid builds that can fit a variety of team compositions or scenarios that you encounter in raids whether it means needing more direct damage, needing more condition damage, or needing just a straight healer. If you really wanted to make healing the more clear choice you would just increase the healing power scaling of certain druid skills.

If you wanted to promote build diversity outside of druid for the base Ranger class you might consider finally accepting that base PvE ranger needs damage boofs.

Instead you are threatening to push the damage that is just barely worth using out of potential alternative druid builds.

If you need to balance things for WvW balance them for WvW, but please continue to
SPLIT the changes between the game modes because this is actually INCREDIBLY CRUCIAL to the health of this game.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Weow, pve scrubs can’t handle change while rest of game suffers? Don’t rely solely on one build

No doubt and its not that bad being leadership runes with food already give you close to 100% boon duration without even using the f2 skill. When I use that particular set with shiro mode I don’t even use that f2 skill because it interferes with the quickness/super speed so its really not that big of a deal personally. Then again for some the changing like it happens this game is not for them but its one of the aspects that kept me in gw1 and gw2 is that things change and keeps game play worth playing.

so what other build is viable for rev in raiding? oh thats right there is none. telling peoplr to git gud when the only option is to switch classes is bs.

im bad at sarcasm

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

For Mesmer, we’re looking at making Signet of Inspiration’s boon sharing functionality a bit more controlled, giving each shared boon a fixed duration.

Chronomancers are already the most desired class in the LFGs. Now all raid comps will require two of the class that people do not like to play, and people will have to wait for groups even longer, while other classes (like revenant) will be moved out of the team comp.

If it’s affecting WvW, then only nerf it in WvW?

We’ve already had Well of Precognition purged and alacrity cut to a limping state.

Base values for the Celestial Avatar heals will be reduced, while the healing power contribution will be enhanced significantly.

Then please look into a HEALING/power/precision stat set, so that we do not waste stats running Magi. But I guess if it will come, it will come in the next expansion when people have already made their Magi sets, and people will have to stat swap and change runes and sigils again.

20 level 80s and counting.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Tenchu The Wolf.3418

Tenchu The Wolf.3418

Raids do not equal all of PvE. Especially so since the majority of players apparently don’t raid.

Balance does not revolve around low levels of play it revolves around high levels of play where the real squeezing of build and class efficiency comes into play. Like it or don’t if you weren’t playing a meta build or something like it to be able to effectively clear the more difficult content, balance changes are basically not a concern to you.

If competitive games like League balanced around their weakest players as opposed to their strongest players it would shift the balance of the game dramatically and not in a good way, they already went over this exact issue several years ago.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Will this come next tuesday with Halloween?

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

In that case they should focus on nerfing necros and other dps classes first.
There’s a reason why you can see “meta 4 necro + druid” or “5 necro meta party” for high level fractals.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: SineDen.3514

SineDen.3514

At the moment, the PvE-Meta is without a doubt the best Brain-Dead Meta since launch of the game.

I correct this.

(edited by SineDen.3514)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I hope this patch is of epic proportion.

We’re expecting:
1- Separate balance for all gametypes
2- The return of build variety
3- balance between HoT and core builds
4- Improvements to traits that aren’t used
5- Massive Improvement to skills and weapons that aren’t used or have been nerfed needlessly
6- A new meta for WvW where small organized groups can win against larger groups once more
7- reduction of condition damage across the board
8- tweaks to skills that are too slow or hard to land
9- Reduction of cooldown on skills that aren’t that great
10- good elites for all classes

Balance Changes Upcoming

Ayrilana.1396

Balance does not revolve around low levels of play it revolves around high levels of play where the real squeezing of build and class efficiency comes into play. Like it or don’t if you weren’t playing a meta build or something like it to be able to effectively clear the more difficult content, balance changes are basically not a concern to you.

If competitive games like League balanced around their weakest players as opposed to their strongest players it would shift the balance of the game dramatically and not in a good way, they already went over this exact issue several years ago.

Well tell that to those stating that revs are dead in PvE. Revs may or may not be part of the optimal group composition after the update, but they will still be very much viable in all aspects of PvE including raids.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I don’t think breaking WvW compositions is a good idea..

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: trouble.3562

trouble.3562

I want to know WHY this changes. I don’t just wanna read “we will do this cause…..nothing”

Please explain why you decide to make this change? or someone tell me if i missed it.
Who cares if some teams can 6 man a raid? that must be like the 1 % of the population.
Who cares if they sell them and win hundreds of golds?
The pool of players being left out of Raids is already big enough, and to restrict it to even fewer classes doesn’t sound too good.
So again, why this call?…

(edited by trouble.3562)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

Yeah, it’s sad. It’s as if raids are not being low-manned, beaten with everyone not using elite specializations, beaten with everyone as a single class, or beaten with minutes to spare. But reduce boon duration by an undisclosed amount and now raids are impossible without two Mesmers. To think that percentage it’s being reduced by contributed so much…

Then they should nerf the damage, not the boons, lol.
You won’t see things like “meta 5 revenants” or “meta 5 mesmers” LFGs. You will however see “meta 5 necro party” for high level parties all the time.

I’m all up for nerfs, but they should really be BALANCED, not just random. By balancing it correctly, all classses should get some kind of a spotlight in a party,
but the way they do it, they are just pushing more classes out of it.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Boon changes lead to a mirror comp. 2 warr, 2 druid, 2 chrono leaving only 4 spots for the DPS group. Look at it in whatever way you want, you pushed 1 spot out with this change. You’re killing diversity again as ele will take complete advantage of the extra alacrity to become top dog once more.

The druid changes make 0 sense. Druids had 3 viable builds and depending on how much you push this nerf you’ll end up with a single build now.

Congratulations, you’re once again ruining PvE balance for a totally different game mode.

Sort of. Druid having 1-2 viable builds makes sense in the long run, considering that Druid is a specialization. More of those will be introduced, which will further build diversity. However, having each specialization remain good with lots of different stat types kind of negates their purpose to specialize.

NSPride <3

Balance Changes Upcoming

Ayrilana.1396

Then they should nerf the damage, not the boons, lol.
You won’t see things like “meta 5 revenants” or “meta 5 mesmers” LFGs. You will however see “meta 5 necro party” for high level parties all the time.

I’m all up for nerfs, but they should really be BALANCED, not just random. By balancing it correctly, all classses should get some kind of a spotlight in a party,
but the way they do it, they are just pushing more classes out of it.

Only because players feel that they must have 100% quickness. Players themselves are playing a large role is forcing out classes/builds with their over reliance on only meta builds/compositions when other options are available that are almost nearly the same in effectiveness.

I am curious how much more time would be needed on average for a group using the existing meta compared to the same one after the update. What would the group DPS difference be when the Rev is dropped for another chrono?

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Razor.9872

I want to know WHY this changes. I don’t just wanna read “we will do this cause…..nothing”

Please explain why you decide to make this change? or someone tell me if i missed it.

One of the most notable changes being made is to the healing values of the Druid as a primary healer. Base values for the Celestial Avatar heals will be reduced, while the healing power contribution will be enhanced significantly. The reasoning for these changes is that while we are excited about the Druid being an incredibly strong healer, we would also like to see that role as one of many choices in your attribute build.

NSPride <3

Balance Changes Upcoming

Razor.9872

I hope this patch is of epic proportion.

We’re expecting:
1- Separate balance for all gametypes
2- The return of build variety
3- balance between HoT and core builds
4- Improvements to traits that aren’t used
5- Massive Improvement to skills and weapons that aren’t used or have been nerfed needlessly
6- A new meta for WvW where small organized groups can win against larger groups once more
7- reduction of condition damage across the board
8- tweaks to skills that are too slow or hard to land
9- Reduction of cooldown on skills that aren’t that great
10- good elites for all classes

I advise you to lower your expectations.

NSPride <3

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: MFranco.9514

MFranco.9514

WVW is unbalanced by nature… you can abuse from foods… and most important numbers. Balance fights only on spvp.

Nerfing SoI and Rev boon duration = REV is useless on raids (he was already useless in fractals) and 2 mesmers will probably be a must if you want perma quickness and alot of alacrity.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Too bad that just means less diverity for mesmer. It isn’t all bad. They are increasing mesmer damage and changing druid base healing. These two changes are great and what we need. Sadly menders druid will still be broken in pvp and SoI nerf will ruin mesmer pvp diversity as we need defense shaves and casting times on instant skills that can be used simultaneously.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Revenants with more damage? Oh, God

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: awokeN.7268

awokeN.7268

Deleting my revenants I guess.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

Only because players feel that they must have 100% quickness. Players themselves are playing a large role is forcing out classes/builds with their over reliance on only meta builds/compositions when other options are available that are almost nearly the same in effectiveness.

You take away a lot of a class effectiveness by doing so.
Both mesmers and revenants have more of a buffer role than a dps one, for obvious reasons. By nerfing their buffing capability, they lose their purpose and therefore, other classes might replace them.
In theory it’s okay, but then again, they should also nerf other roles to such extend (or buff other parts of mesmer and revenant) to make mesmers and revenants able to replace the roles of other classes as well. (For instance, necro condi damage, ele/thief dps, ect)

I am curious how much more time would be needed on average for a group using the existing meta compared to the same one after the update. What would the group DPS difference be when the Rev is dropped for another chrono?

I guess we’ll find it out soon.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Someone that deletes a Rev because of the stated change doesn’t deserve to play it anyways. It’s obvious the way it works now is much to strong to begin with.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: dpnz.4539

dpnz.4539

Anet once again showing us how to make an ok game, start with a really good one then ruin it