Balance Changes Upcoming

Balance Changes Upcoming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Personally, I see the solution being simple. Whenever someone strips a boon from their opponent, that boon can’t be reapplied for 8 seconds. If that boon is corrupted, it can’t be reapplied for 4 seconds. The numbers can be tuned up or down as needed. This would allow more diversity as those whom rely heavily on boons have a counter and people will make builds with the sole purpose of denying others. It would even work well in PVE against bosses that constantly gain boons no matter how much they are stripped. The karka vets and champs immediately come to mind.

I also have a concern about Signet of Inspiration. If you’re going to nerf the active effect, redesign the passive to be as desirable as the active. There’s no point in having random boons because there’s no way to guarantee you’ll have the boon you want when you want it. Perhaps it could simply pulse vigor and swiftness. Both would be very beneficial to mesmers.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

Someone jokingly mentioned earlier that anet would also nerf epidemic too just to screw necros, well you know what? Epidemic deserves to nerfed in raids, that skill is completely ridiculous. It doesn’t just make bosses’ adds trivial, it makes them a negative for the boss, unless the fight is set up in such a way that necros are completely horrible (a la KC). With epidemic nerfed, it would be reasonable to buff other aspects of necromancer to make them more generally useful, which would both improve viability of necromancer and make raids better as a whole.

You say necro’s only reason to be in raids is Epidemic and you wanna nerf it? LOL
If you buff other aspects of necro’s builds then you will generate unbalance in pvp. And believe me, no one wants necro to be OP in pvp.
Epidemic is just right and needed to make the entire profession viable in raids.

Epidemic is FAR from right. There’s a reason why there are “5 necro meta” lfgs for high level fractals out there. Epidemic is OP as hell.
2x higher HP with an additional HP bar, with a ranged weapon that can easily make a 30k beeding aoe ongoing dps (without having to constatnly attack), is far away from just “okay”.

The 5 necro meta lfgs are just clueless pugs and far away from optimal. People chose to run 4 or 5 necros in fractals because they are bad and necros don’t die as fast as other classes.

It’s the synergy between them that makes them broken. Especially where there are a lot of mobs around. That being said, even 1 necro is dealing too much damage.
It doesn’t matter if it’s being played by bad or good players.
The fact that you don’t sacrifice anything (like survivability) to deal more damage than most of the other classes, is what makes them unbalanced.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Someone jokingly mentioned earlier that anet would also nerf epidemic too just to screw necros, well you know what? Epidemic deserves to nerfed in raids, that skill is completely ridiculous. It doesn’t just make bosses’ adds trivial, it makes them a negative for the boss, unless the fight is set up in such a way that necros are completely horrible (a la KC). With epidemic nerfed, it would be reasonable to buff other aspects of necromancer to make them more generally useful, which would both improve viability of necromancer and make raids better as a whole.

You say necro’s only reason to be in raids is Epidemic and you wanna nerf it? LOL
If you buff other aspects of necro’s builds then you will generate unbalance in pvp. And believe me, no one wants necro to be OP in pvp.
Epidemic is just right and needed to make the entire profession viable in raids.

Yeah that’s why I’m saying epidemic is awful for necromancers, because they rely completely on that skill to be good in raids. That skill is so good on its own that other necromancer skills and traits cannot get significant buffs, and so if you encounter a situation where epidemic doesn’t help, the entire class becomes bad. It would be much better if epidemic was a worse skill and other necromancer skills and traits were better to compensate.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: JFFcrazyhorse.6352

JFFcrazyhorse.6352

A group killed VG with 3 people. I think everyone will be just fine.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Is this for PvP or PvE?! You all never kittening say!

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

These are Changes coming from WvW and PvP to PvE.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

It’s for everyone. This game doesn’t split modes….

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Epidemic is FAR from right. There’s a reason why there are “5 necro meta” lfgs for high level fractals out there. Epidemic is OP as hell.
2x higher HP with an additional HP bar, with a ranged weapon that can easily make a 30k beeding aoe ongoing dps (without having to constatnly attack), is far away from just “okay”.

The 5 necro meta lfgs are just clueless pugs and far away from optimal. People chose to run 4 or 5 necros in fractals because they are bad and necros don’t die as fast as other classes.

It’s the synergy between them that makes them broken. Especially where there are a lot of mobs around. That being said, even 1 necro is dealing too much damage.
It doesn’t matter if it’s being played by bad or good players.
The fact that you don’t sacrifice anything (like survivability) to deal more damage than most of the other classes, is what makes them unbalanced.

It certainly matters who’s playing the Necro. Just today we had a Necro pug that kept using Epidemic on a lone boss with nothing else around. When asked why he said ’it’s just his rotation’.

Necro damage without the Elite minions is actually not all that great. It’s decent sustained DPS, which can be good for some fights (such as the Thaumanova boss) where you’re busy kiting, but the main reason for the Necro Fractal Meta is that Necros are quite durable with a low skill floor, so they are pug friendly. Balanced groups will easily beat the content faster.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Remind us again what the anchor point of that 3 man was ?

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Merrydew.4079

Merrydew.4079

/facepalm Willowing is upset.

If you change the Druid heal then you will remove our use in raids.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Jojo.6140

Jojo.6140

Before judging those upcoming SoI-changes, I will wait for how significant the dps-increase for mesmers will be. My hopes arent too high though.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

That’s not what people are complaining about.
The problem is, by doing this change, they will push classes out of the compositions, since they are removing their only purpose in a party.
It’s okay to nerf things, but if their main purpose is to “give other classes the chance to fill that role as well”, they should also nerf other aspects, so that mesmers, rangers and revenants could get the chance to fill other roles too.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Before judging those upcoming SoI-changes, I will wait for how significant the dps-increase for mesmers will be. My hopes arent too high though.

if it’s enough of an increase to make up for the SoI changes, it’ll be high enough to get nerfed into the ground instantly.

you would have to make mesmer by far the best DPS class in game to balance that out, and that wouldn’t be healthy either.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Mesmers DPS would still be bad and wouldn’t justify the gutted Support capability.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Again, this is not about kills. The 5-5 meta we’ll inevitably end up with is only slightly less dps than we have now. It’s about 50% of the classes becoming near useless.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Need some actual numbers here and what will you be doing to compensate Revenants for this? Other legends need attention, a lot of it but not a peep on that. This announcement only serves to alarm people without other changes to maybe soften the blows here.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

Elementalist mandatory nerf incoming.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It’s funny because while this might be semi justified in PvE any more Ele nerfs would just hurt them more in PvP when they’re already pretty much almost useless.

WTB SPLIT BALANCE

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

There are so many people on here complaining about the new balances before they are even here, let’s wait and until they are actually here before the complaining, they may not be as bad you think.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

There are so many people on here complaining about the new balances before they are even here, let’s wait and until they are actually here before the complaining, they may not be as bad you think.

With ANet’s track record since HoT, it’s almost guaranteed to be worse.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: KingofRoses.1726

KingofRoses.1726

I don’t understand why the game was modified to allow for just wvw or spvp or pve balance changes but is not being used in this case? This is clearly an issue in wvw/spvp and pve is going to have to dearly pay for it as a result.

Severely disappointing. This is making potentially rev and mes (who both have crappy dps) not valid in raid after this and ruining druids chance to do anything other than heal.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

As they explained in the past, they won’t be doing small tweaks when it comes to rebalance. They will do it big. So if they mentioned it, it will be a VERY noticable nerf.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I don’t understand why the game was modified to allow for just wvw or spvp or pve balance changes but is not being used in this case? This is clearly an issue in wvw/spvp and pve is going to have to dearly pay for it as a result.

Severely disappointing. This is making potentially rev and mes (who both have crappy dps) not valid in raid after this and ruining druids chance to do anything other than heal.

And they’re like thinking of buffing Rev/Mes DPS which will push them in the “a lil bit OP” in PvP while “still probably useless” in raids.

#feelsbadman

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

As always, balance focused on pve and not pvp.

gg.

One word. Theif.

One word. ONE WORD! You couldn’t spell that one word right.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

So, why no nerf to durability runes , Plate of Mussels Gnashblade ( and all +15% or +20% boon duration food such as Bowl of Nopalitos Saute/ Loaf of Candy Cactus Cornbread / Chocolate Omnomberry Cream / Spring Roll), and Sigil of Concentration?

While you’re at it might as well change all doubloons and snowflakes to concentration as well instead of a flat percentage and standardize it so that doubloons don’t give more stats than jewels split across multiple stats. (i.e. Platinum Doubloon < 3.67% boon duration since it would be 25+15+15=55 concentration for a 3 stat item)

Giver’s armor should be adjusted to concentration (1% boon duration is only 15 concentration) or to match the weapon stat set instead of its mere +1% boon duration. (although even more Condition Duration may be excessive)

Why can’t Signet of Inspiration have higher swiftness uptime instead of its current RNG passive? Currently it is stronger than Heat Sync + Sand Squall mainly due to the boons from chain-shattering with Bountiful Disillusionment and the second phantasm trigger regen from Echo of Memory/Deja Vu when used in conjunction with Illusionary Inspiration. So if you want to be technical about it, Illusionary Inspiration is what sets it apart from Heat Sync. Putting additional cooldown of say 15-20 seconds on Illusionary Inspiration would alleviate this.

Naturalistic Resonance nerf is semi-expected.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Contam.7192

Contam.7192

This is literally worse than when anet said legendaries are canceled

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Fines Juliverine.5846

Fines Juliverine.5846

Don’t complain about the most stupid nerf ever!
Anet needs to weaken the classes to make super strong elite specs with the next expansion…

And i thought the game is close to a good state again…

[Hs]

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

Maybe people should stop doomsaying and whining before the actual detailed changes are released. Who knows what ELSE they will add/change to balance things. I’d find it hilarious if they buff Mesmer despite the doom and gloom here over a signet change.

It could be anet totally screws PvE for PvP/WvW balances. Until we get the actual changes I am not wasting time crying a river and overreacting. IF things end up being as ppl say here, I will be there with my own tears. Until then, I’ll wait before grabbing the pitchforks and torches. Plus I misplaced my pitchforks.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Lascax.2163

Lascax.2163

Making Raid comps more stale and not flexible for newbies.
Having strict builds to not need stat/rune swapping.
Unimpressive Precursors for the Legendary Armor.
Is this a plan to make Leg. Armor unappealing to have so that we care less if it’s delayed even more? :-P

Balance Changes Upcoming

cranos.5913

Maybe people should stop doomsaying and whining before the actual detailed changes are released. Who knows what ELSE they will add/change to balance things. I’d find it hilarious if they buff Mesmer despite the doom and gloom here over a signet change.

It could be anet totally screws PvE for PvP/WvW balances. Until we get the actual changes I am not wasting time crying a river and overreacting. IF things end up being as ppl say here, I will be there with my own tears. Until then, I’ll wait before grabbing the pitchforks and torches. Plus I misplaced my pitchforks.

On balance patch day I’ll be too busy complaining about all the other crap they will screw us over with but don’t mention here atm, particularly regarding DH. Gotta get a headstart.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

Based on the past events, it’s better to cry earlier, so ANET reads about it and takes it in consideration – it happened before it can happen again. It’s either this, or, well, you know, waiting for the next balance patch in a few months.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

as a player who only plays WVW and Raids this has 2 be the worst thing ive read i understand why in wvw their is a team comp using revs and mes to give ur squad every boon perma ok i understand but and this is a big BUT u have just deleted mes and rev from raids mes damage is equal to trying to kill someone only using angry thoughts and revs not much better their in the squad for one reason their team support which u just removed

my solution split pve/raids and wvw just like you did for pvp or risk having ur lfg filled with insta kicks for somone not running ele, necro, druid

(edited by Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271)

Balance Changes Upcoming

cranos.5913

Based on the past events, it’s better to cry earlier, so ANET reads about it and takes it in consideration – it happened before it can happen again. It’s either this, or, well, you know, waiting for the next balance patch in a few months.

As if that works lol. Quite obviously they don’t listen at all. Each balance patch they just screw over different classes and once they finally somewhat get it right they come up with this kitten to bring it all down again instead of leaving it. Guess they never heard of don’t fix what isn’t broken…

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I come here for the information, I stay here for the schadenfreude.

@Gaile, the balance/skill teams, & ANet generally: I look forward to seeing the actual changes wrought; good and bad. Especially those you didn’t mention.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

i need to ask this will you be re balancing raids to make up for the dps loss or will we just have to run 8 eles 2 druids?

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

They don’t need to budge on the SoI nerf, it’s massively needed for WvW. I WOULD like them to make it WvW exclusive though, since certain things only need to be changed there. Similar to nerfs exclusively for PvP.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Balance Changes Upcoming

cranos.5913

i need to ask this will you be re balancing raids to make up for the dps loss or will we just have to run 8 eles 2 druids?

There’s almost no DPS loss, just a lot less classes that actually get to join. 5/5 mirror comp is already pretty decent and will stay that way. Rev just gets deleted and druid put into a healing only role (because obvs druid rly needed their 2 fun builds nerfed for whatever reason).

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: trunks.1659

trunks.1659

I am betting the Mender’s amulet gets nixed, based on what’s happening to Druid. But Scepter AA dmg will get a 3% increase so it’s fine.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

There’s almost no DPS loss, just a lot less classes that actually get to join. 5/5 mirror comp is already pretty decent and will stay that way. Rev just gets deleted and druid put into a healing only role (because obvs druid rly needed their 2 fun builds nerfed for whatever reason).

yep it really will delete rev as their will be no room for it as ur need that second mes for the same quickness up time but then ur losing out on damage becz mes damage is trash so more eles needed. i already main zealots druid/ele/thief in raids so im not hit that hard by this but my friend only plays rev so he will probs have 2 switch class or risk being dropped from weekly raids

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Dominik.5162

Dominik.5162

I am betting the Mender’s amulet gets nixed, based on what’s happening to Druid. But Scepter AA dmg will get a 3% increase so it’s fine.

You are talking about two different things, you are about PvP while the comment you quoted is about PvE…

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

the dps loss is not worth mentioning considering most of the time you finish raid bosses with minutes to spare

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Balance Changes Upcoming

cranos.5913

yep it really will delete rev as their will be no room for it as ur need that second mes for the same quickness up time but then ur losing out on damage becz mes damage is trash so more eles needed. i already main zealots druid/ele/thief in raids so im not hit that hard by this but my friend only plays rev so he will probs have 2 switch class or risk being dropped from weekly raids

The increased alacrity will make up for it slightly and put ele on top again. Depending on what they do with the chrono dmg boost we prob won’t notice an actual dps loss much. Just a big middle finger to people who play the other 50% of the classes.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

They don’t need to budge on the SoI nerf, it’s massively needed for WvW. I WOULD like them to make it WvW exclusive though, since certain things only need to be changed there. Similar to nerfs exclusively for PvP.

Oh, yea, don’t get me wrong – I think that this nerfs will work great for WvW – sadly, they will have a counter-effect on the other 2 modes.
As I said before, you can’t fix the balance by making it better for 1/3 of the game and worse for 2/3.

If they would split the modes, yea, at first it would take some effort to balance all 3 modes (current effort x3 per patch), but after a while, it would become easier and faster, considering:
- they wouldn’t have to wait for the sPvP season to end to implement the balance patch in the other 2 modes (also leading to a possibility of constant small tweaks, making it easier to monitor the changes and making it more accurately balanced).
- they wouldn’t have to keep rebalancing what they made unbalanced in a previous patch by balancing another something from another mode.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

The increased alacrity will make up for it slightly and put ele on top again. Depending on what they do with the chrono dmg boost we prob won’t notice an actual dps loss much. Just a big middle finger to people who play the other 50% of the classes.

Which is not the purpose of balance, is it?
We are all aware that balance patches are needed, we’re just not happy their approach to it.

Split modes.

Balance Changes Upcoming

cranos.5913

We are all aware that balance patches are needed, we’re just not happy their approach to it.

Split modes.

It’s not even that high maintenance tbh. Just split some values between the 2 modes. I haven’t played a single other MMO that didn’t have skill splits, there’s always a “pvp only” note to skills.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Inb4 Epidemic nerf.

Seriously though…I’m not even finished making my viper’s gear.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: yav.4952

yav.4952

Thank you Gaile for the info on the upcoming balance ^-^

Delayed [LATE] – OCX

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

To help compensate for these general reductions, we’ll be increasing both damage and a few different baseline boon durations.

This is a good sign. There are certainly things that only perform well under the current boon uptime that will suffer with a nerf to Mes and Revenant if not buffed.

Gandara

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Split modes.

That doesn’t apply in this case since boon sharing is a problem in both WvW and PvE raids. In raids it is only an issue for speed running since you can easily finish all raids without the OTT boon sharing.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Balance Changes Upcoming

cranos.5913

Split modes.

That doesn’t apply in this case since boon sharing is a problem in both WvW and PvE raids. In raids it is only an issue for speed running since you can easily finish all raids without the OTT boon sharing.

Please be all means explain to me how boon sharing was a problem in raids and how forcing us to take more chronos will solve that issue.