Broken Collections

Broken Collections

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

http://dulfy.net/2014/09/08/gw2-items-collections-guide/

Right after the table of contents is the list of broken collections:

“Current bugged collections as of Sept 11, 2014

Brewmaster Collection (not able to activate)
Fine Wining Collection (not able to activate)
Hero of the People Collection (not able to activate)"

Honestly, I’m not gonna fault the devs for not checking Dulfy.

But with the sheer amounts of (unanswered) threads in the bugs section (as well as general discussion and players helping players) it is really hard for me to keep believing that the devs “read everything even if we don’t reply”. :’(

You didn’t quote all of my post where I stated that there had been numerous threads regarding Broken Collections. I simply quoted and linked Dulfy’s as a place where I knew all the broken collections were listed.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Broken Collections

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“There are two recipes with very similar names. Remember to use Feast of Truffle Steak Dinner, not Feast of Truffle Steak.”

I have used the correct one twice now. It is bugged for me.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Personally, the collections was one of two defining moments for me that made me lose faith in Anet. Collections were meant to be this crowning achievement system for veteran players and 3 of the initial collections were broken. 3 out of 11 or so at release? That’s huge! And this doesn’t even consider the smaller bugs that others keep running afoul of. I’m baffled how something like this made it out of QA in this state. Any other programmer/company I know would be fired for releasing a feature that was 25% unusable.

And now, 2 months later, they’re still broken. 2 months of no fixes for their key system designed for retaining veteran players…and the tone of Gailes’ posts is that she’s unaware of the problem…

As a veteran player that is supposed to be attracted to this system, how should I react to it Gaile? Because right now, it just feels like Anet doesn’t really care. Anet says it does, but their actions say otherwise.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

For those expressing disappointment that Gaile did not know of this information previously, I want to point out that she is not a Dev and not a programmer. Before her current job she was in Account Issues where she helped people who were hacked, forgot their passwords, had email problems and other things of that nature. Possibly she read the bug/regular forums in her spare time but it wasn’t part of her job and if she did so it was part of being interested in what was going on. It’s not reasonable to expect her to know the history of this sort of thing when her job as Communication Team Lead is very new. I very much doubt she has time to go through all the hundreds, if not thousands, of posts in the last few months, looking for ongoing issues, which is why she is asking us to bring these to her attention as well as the details about them to make finding what the problems are as easy as possible.

This sort of thing, since it impacts the players directly, is obvious to us. The scattered posts about this would not be obvious to her and castigating her about something that’s been going on before she took her new job is unreasonable.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Broken Collections

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

“There are two recipes with very similar names. Remember to use Feast of Truffle Steak Dinner, not Feast of Truffle Steak.”

I have used the correct one twice now. It is bugged for me.

A sage player posted on the forums some months ago something along the lines of “Losing progression is an important part of the Guild Wars 2 experience”. It was in relation to the Fractured update but I find it is true for more and more parts of the game. For added lulz, you should try contacting support to get a refund for the wasted resources or a compensation.

Broken Collections

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

It really has become a case of post-‘n’-hope on this site. Sometimes you’ll get a dev to respond to your query for the betterment of the game and your playing experience. As I’ve experienced, other times they’ll go largely ignored.

Getting dev/red attention is like getting Mini Gwynefyrdd from ToT bag. It happens, but it is incredibly rare, and it is working as designed and intended.

Now, watch another two-three months pass by, and we get another “please make bullets and/or post detailed information of which collections are bugged – and by the way, are you sure they are bugged or are you just unable to find correct items?”

Once again, maybe something will happen only after company’s most valued customers, New Players, write support tickets explaining how confused they are with collections.

Broken Collections

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Acinonyx Rex — you make good points, as have others, about a “known issues” thread. It could be a tricky thing to make work well — even just determining what’s included — but after I’ve gotten a few other forum projects completed I plan to investigate the options, because I can see this doing a lot of good.

You might suggest to the team that works on the web stuff that they just invest in a canned system. invisionpower.com (used on gw2guru) has the ability to use custom login methods, has pre-made things like bug trackers, Q&A and customizable pages, on top of being very secure (oh and a functioning, robust, search system). It’s also relatively inexpensive. It only makes sense to not try and reinvent the wheel.

Attached is an example of a bug tracker, which would be extremely useful if implemented here.

Attachments:

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Broken Collections

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Personally, I’d like the three mentioned collections to be fixed to work . . .

I’d also like there to be more of them. Or at least . . . can we please make the non-Exotic treasures off world bosses ones which trigger “Collectible” too? Because I’ve gotten four “All Seeing Eyes” from Lyssa and they’re all blue

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Broken Collections

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Tricks-or-Treats-Collection/first#post4548956

There are questions about the Halloween Collection as well, progress was apparently blocked once Halloween ended and many of us were wondering if this was a bug or intentional and you simply never decided to inform the player base it was time-sensitive.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Acinonyx Rex — you make good points, as have others, about a “known issues” thread. It could be a tricky thing to make work well — even just determining what’s included — but after I’ve gotten a few other forum projects completed I plan to investigate the options, because I can see this doing a lot of good.

For the sticky. Why not make a sticky that link to this find of thread were we discuss about a known issue. In the sticky you could have the brief description wrote by you, the brief description of the status (like we are searching the issue, we are working on a way to fix it, fixed, etc).

That way, ppl could go through the sticky and find the issue rapidly, know if you guys know about it and not make a bunch of tread on the same issue.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Broken Collections

Djinn.9245

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Tricks-or-Treats-Collection/first#post4548956

There are questions about the Halloween Collection as well, progress was apparently blocked once Halloween ended and many of us were wondering if this was a bug or intentional and you simply never decided to inform the player base it was time-sensitive.

What?! I was just about to go to my cook and finish this collection. Why would they block it? It is not listed with Festivals but in the Collection tab. If they are going to have collections that are limited to the time of the Festival, it should be listed with the Festival Achievements, not in the general Collection tabs.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Broken Collections

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I was able to unlock the Fine Dining collection by eating a Plate of Truffle Steak, but it won’t acknowledge the Seared Beef Steak that I ate. Just thought I’d throw this in.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What?! I was just about to go to my cook and finish this collection. Why would they block it? It is not listed with Festivals but in the Collection tab. If they are going to have collections that are limited to the time of the Festival, it should be listed with the Festival Achievements, not in the general Collection tabs.

It’s not blocked. I completed it last week.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I was able to unlock the Fine Dining collection by eating a Plate of Truffle Steak, but it won’t acknowledge the Seared Beef Steak that I ate. Just thought I’d throw this in.

I managed to get this one done before it glitched.

Still…

• Brewmaster (which requires Stein of Golden Ale, recently removed as part of the NPE (previously supplied by Brother Vince at Eldvin Monastery), which he now only offers a karma item, not the required booze for the Collection; also Spider Brew which no one apparently knows who/where/how to obtain). The smart thing to do here would be to change the NPC that offers the Stein of Golden Ale at the very least to somewhere that isn’t in a starter zone.
  • Fine Wining (unknown as to what to collect)
  • Hero of the People (collect all grades of Embroidered Saddlebags, Elaborate Ritualist Bags, Gilded Strongboxes, Heirloom Seed Pouches and Deluxe Gear Boxes)

All this info obtained from the Dulfy Collections Page.

This is relatively basic stuff, and it should not be that hard to fix or given priority to fixing seeing as it was released as part of a Feature Pack.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Broken Collections

Posted by: Chiorix.5361

Chiorix.5361

On a similar note, I sent a bug report a while ago but I haven’t seen anything fixed. (I didn’t contact support because it’s not affecting any gameplay or anything).

In the Black Lion weapon collections tab, I have way too many weapons registered as “collected.” I DO have the Jade Dragon Shield and the Bloody Prince’s Toy Chest, but the collection achievements say I have 3 lovestruck, 2 aetherized, and 2 chaos weapons, including the two items I actually have.

This is even more odd, considering none of the extra skins are unlocked in my wardrobe.

This could definitely use some looking-in to. Am I the only one with this kind of problem?

Broken Collections

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

On a similar note, I sent a bug report a while ago but I haven’t seen anything fixed. (I didn’t contact support because it’s not affecting any gameplay or anything).

In the Black Lion weapon collections tab, I have way too many weapons registered as “collected.” I DO have the Jade Dragon Shield and the Bloody Prince’s Toy Chest, but the collection achievements say I have 3 lovestruck, 2 aetherized, and 2 chaos weapons, including the two items I actually have.

This is even more odd, considering none of the extra skins are unlocked in my wardrobe.

This could definitely use some looking-in to. Am I the only one with this kind of problem?

I have the same bug. I have quite a few BLTC weapons unlocked in the Collections but they do not appear in my wardrobe…

When I saw that Fused Dagger in my Collection I was super happy, but they I went to my Wardrobe and no Fused Dagger

Broken Collections

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

I myself posted about the Hero of the People collection in this forum once, if not twice. When the patch first came out.

I have been saving champ bags of each colour, up the line, but now half of them have different names. I assume this was some kind of intended fix? But I imagine it will just make it a heck of a lot more confusing come time to finish the achievement…

I have no idea why these champ boxes were changed — like do they no longer drop the correct exotic correspondent to their champ box type? I couldn’t see any pattern to how the boxes were changed.

Also, I have no idea about the fractal wep collection. I was pretty surprised there wasn’t one when collections first came out. But I got the staff last week (for the first time), and I can confirm no collection unlocked for me.

Broken Collections

Posted by: FalconOSeven.2364

FalconOSeven.2364

To add to this, the Treasure Hunter collection is almost impossible to complete even if you manage to get some of the rare items like Sam, because some of the karma/coin items are tied to bugged events.
Namely these merchants and their associated events: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quinta
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scholar_Breandan
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scholar_Riagan

This is semi-off topic, but I was trying to get branded strongboxes last night for exotic hunter skins and noticed http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Devouring_the_Brand was still bugged. This is one of the very few ways to get branded strongboxes (only 4 events drop them that i know of) but this along with numerous events have had bugs for well over a year in some cases. I love the new zones and content tied to them, but sometimes I like going to vanilla places just to mess around and seeing events stuck in place still makes me not want to explore those places as much as I would want to. I would love for them to be looked at for a feature pack release or possibly reworked in a future story release and I’m sure there are others who feel the same. At least for the benefit for newer players as well who may come across numerous events that just don’t progress and be put off from the game because of it.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I did the Riagan event chain a couple of days ago. I haven’t tried the others yet, but that one worked. It just akes a while to spawn.

Broken Collections

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Scholar Brendan has possibly been fixed too.. Did it a week or two ago.. but there is always the chance i just got lucky with a fresh map. Just try it again.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

Just to add to the broken collection list. While not directly a bug related to a collection unlocking it is a bug that blocks progress of the collection. It’s the Ancient Stone Summit Shoulder Spike via the vendor that appears after the Protect krewe leader Dobbs as the krewe clears the excavation site Event. I submitted a bug report and left something on the forums. It’s a well documented bug on the wiki with an odd work around of trying to complete the event after a patch. If you were unlucky enough to miss it then, you have to wait until next update. Not cool

Broken Collections

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Just to add to the broken collection list. While not directly a bug related to a collection unlocking it is a bug that blocks progress of the collection. It’s the Ancient Stone Summit Shoulder Spike via the vendor that appears after the Protect krewe leader Dobbs as the krewe clears the excavation site Event. I submitted a bug report and left something on the forums. It’s a well documented bug on the wiki with an odd work around of trying to complete the event after a patch. If you were unlucky enough to miss it then, you have to wait until next update. Not cool

I’ve submitted bug reports about this as well, and still it’s as broken as ever. It’s the same with the Dredge Commisar and Ogre Wars chains.

I’ve discovered the best time to get this quest going is immediately after a server reset. Everything goes back to ‘situation normal’ for about half a day if you’re lucky, and then it bugs out again.

For me, this is the best time to get it done; it’s how I got mine done.

Broken Collections

Kythan Myr.4719

I’ve submitted bug reports about this as well, and still it’s as broken as ever. It’s the same with the Dredge Commisar and Ogre Wars chains.

I’ve discovered the best time to get this quest going is immediately after a server reset. Everything goes back to ‘situation normal’ for about half a day if you’re lucky, and then it bugs out again.

For me, this is the best time to get it done; it’s how I got mine done.

I know it’s probably disrespectful and rude, but you see Gaile, this is just one reason why it’s just plain frustrating to play this game sometimes. Some of these issues go way back before collections were a thing. So why was new content implemented before addressing the buggy foundation they were built on? Are we expected just to deal with and wait until a bug is finally fixed? Is this what you guys think of us players? I mean, c’mon some of these bugs have been around since the game launched and they’re STILL an issue, and you guys wonder why we lose faith.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

There have been quite a few occurrences where new features were implemented and were using events, mini-dungeons etc. that had been reported broken since release (for examples: the skritt baskets and the hylek mini-dungeon, or the potions that were supposed to reduce damage from certain enemies but did the opposite). It would be fantastic if when new content is planned, someone from ANet would just search the bug forum for the names of involved events, mini-dungeons and items.

You have several thousand dedicated and thorough testers here, and I think it is safe to assume that we have found almost all the bugs already through thousands of hours of playtime – and reported them. Use us.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

After consultation with several team members, here’s a little information about the four collections that forum members asked about:

• Fine Wining
  • Brewmaster
  • Hero of the People
  • Fractal Weapons

There were issues with each of the collections that prevented their roll-out in September. In short, they were not complete-able at that time. However, due to a bug, some players were able to see the collections as if they were active. It seems that the visibility bug is fixed, and that players would not see the collections now. The important thing to know is that the collections are not currently available on Live but that they are coming! (A couple of them are coming pretty soon, in fact.)

Apologies for the confusion, and if you have been working on the collections, of if you believe you’ve been working on a collection that is, in fact, not yet live, you won’t lose progress when they are rolled out in final form.

Those of you reporting issues with other content concerns in this thread: Please report issues and bugs in the game. I cannot tell you how much an in-game report helps us, because that kind of report provides a lot of back-end information that makes it possible to replicate the bug, where posting on a forum does not give the devs the same level of detail.

If you cannot report in the game, please post on the Bugs Forum with as many details as you can provide. If you have done so, thank you. And here’s a tip: It’s best to have separate threads for bugs, and not tag new bug reports on a thread about a different issue. Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Broken Collections

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

good to know

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Broken Collections

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Thank you for getting that info for us, Gaile.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

if we speak about bug
Treasure Hunter → Royal Signet of Doric infused don’t work.

Broken Collections

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

if we speak about bug
Treasure Hunter -> Royal Signet of Doric infused don’t work.

As mentioned above:

Please report issues and bugs in the game. I cannot tell you how much an in-game report helps us, because that kind of report provides a lot of back-end information that makes it possible to replicate the bug, where posting on a forum does not give the devs the same level of detail.

If you cannot report in the game, please post on the Bugs Forum with as many details as you can provide. If you have done so, thank you. And here’s a tip: It’s best to have separate threads for bugs, and not tag new bug reports on a thread about a different issue. Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Broken Collections

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Thanks for the heads up Gaile. It is a bit of a shame we have been reporting the collection thing via in game bug reports and dozens of threads and the issue had already been identified and not passed onto us, but at least we now know what the situation is.

Much appreciated!

Broken Collections

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

There were issues with each of the collections that prevented their roll-out in September. In short, they were not complete-able at that time. However, due to a bug, some players were able to see the collections as if they were active. It seems that the visibility bug is fixed, and that players would not see the collections now. The important thing to know is that the collections are not currently available on Live but that they are coming! (A couple of them are coming pretty soon, in fact.)

Apologies for the confusion, and if you have been working on the collections, of if you believe you’ve been working on a collection that is, in fact, not yet live, you won’t lose progress when they are rolled out in final form.

I really hope Hero of the people comes with next patch. Got a few bags in my inventory filled with champ bags just waiting to be opened so that I don’t have to hope to get them again (ie. white/blue/green versions of them).

As for the second paragraph, is that only for the fractals one? I take it that is the only one that can be tracked right now, since they’re unlocks in the wardrobe.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Broken Collections

Previous

Gaile Gray

skullmount — I am not sure, with the visual bug, which Collections people may think they have been working on, even while the Collections weren’t live.

I think we need to wait and see as these are rolled out. Not all will be coming in the immediate future, because a couple of them need additional design work and testing, but a couple are coming pretty soon, as I mentioned.

As for your bags, congrats on getting a head start! A few bags of bags sounds… impressive.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Broken Collections

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

skullmount — I am not sure, with the visual bug, which Collections people may think they have been working on, even while the Collections weren’t live.

I think we need to wait and see as these are rolled out. Not all will be coming in the immediate future, because a couple of them need additional design work and testing, but a couple are coming pretty soon, as I mentioned.

As for your bags, congrats on getting a head start! A few bags of bags sounds… impressive.

Thanks, its just the way I read what you wrote, it seemed like it was somehow keeping track of the collections for the rest of us that weren’t able to see the collections.

And its not really that “impressive”, as the bags are only 15 slots, and its only about 2 of them, and each one is only one champ bag (some that aren’t even, potentially, in the collection), not a bunch. Been gathering them since that collection was announced, and found by Dulfy to not be available/completable.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Broken Collections

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

There is an issue with some events being broken and the inability to access a vendor due to that broken event. A good example of this is Krewe leader Dobbs in Timberline Falls to get the Ancient Stone Summit Shoulder Spike for the Treasure Hunter collection. That event has been busted for quite awhile now, it has been reported by many but remains busted.

Theftwind (HoD)

Broken Collections

Djinn.9245

It’s not blocked. I completed it last week.

Ok, I was able to consume a new item and the Collection updated so the Halloween Collection looks like it is still working.

Broken Collections

Djinn.9245

After consultation with several team members, here’s a little information about the four collections that forum members asked about:

• Fine Wining
  • Brewmaster
  • Hero of the People
  • Fractal Weapons

Thank you for the information Gaile. Something for Anet to think about: if something is shown in-game, Anet should be aware of how voraciously players go through content. How many players saw these collections and immediately started to try to fulfill them? For some of them, gold may have been spent and items consumed which are now wasted. In the case of Hero of the People, players have been trying to acquire bags and have been consuming bags that could have been saved. And since some bag names have been changed people are saving bags that won’t count toward the collection when it does go live.

Perhaps Anet thinks that making an announcement about the mistake isn’t a good idea. But is having players frustrated by trying to complete collections that aren’t actually in-game a good idea? And the information ended up being revealed anyway (here) so maybe an announcement at the time that the collections were accidentally revealed (patch notes when they were removed maybe?) would have been a good idea.

Broken Collections

Djinn.9245

if we speak about bug

As mentioned above:

Please report issues and bugs in the game. I cannot tell you how much an in-game report helps us, because that kind of report provides a lot of back-end information that makes it possible to replicate the bug, where posting on a forum does not give the devs the same level of detail.

While I understand and agree with your point, it also helps people who are wondering about why things aren’t working in-game to have all of the issues together so we don’t have to go sifting through a bunch of different threads. Especially since the search feature doesn’t work in these forums.

So bug report AND posting in the forums sounds like the best plan.

Broken Collections

Djinn.9245

You said:

I don’t believe that it is true that if we have been working on any of these collections, except maybe the Fractal one, that we “won’t lose progress”. Will wine that we drank already be retro’d? Will Champ bags that we opened already be retro’d? I don’t think there is any current record of these on our character / account.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

then all veterans will get hero of the people no problem since we were around when champs were still around in queensdale

Broken Collections

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

then all veterans will get hero of the people no problem since we were around when champs were still around in queensdale

None of the champions in Queensdale dropped the right bag types for the Hero of the People collection. Believe it or not, there aren’t any Champion Centaurs in that zone.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

• Fine Wining
  • Brewmaster
  • Hero of the People
  • Fractal Weapons

Great!

Would be nice if some of these collections would be added also:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Missing-collection-achievements

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Thank you for the update, Gaile.

Although I cringe a little at the thought of the horrendous RNG/grinding it would take to complete the Fractal Weapons collection.

Broken Collections

Kythan Myr.4719

Those of you reporting issues with other content concerns in this thread: Please report issues and bugs in the game. I cannot tell you how much an in-game report helps us, because that kind of report provides a lot of back-end information that makes it possible to replicate the bug, where posting on a forum does not give the devs the same level of detail.

Thanks for the fixes. Regarding other bugs, I have reported via the i games bug report option many, many,many times. I can’t speak for others, but after spending just a little time on the forums I think it’s safe to say I’m not the only one. Again some of these bugs have been around since launch and they still block progress to a minor extent.

If I report one bug, is once enough, or should I be a nagging Nelly? If not what is exactly the expectation you guys have for us players who are waiting for a fix?

In case you didn’t read the above posts, this is regarding events for the Ancient Stone Summit Shoulder Spike, and Ogre Wars, and Dredge Commissar. I know you say bugs reporting is invaluable, but for some bugs there’s been no real follow through.

(edited by Kythan Myr.4719)

Broken Collections

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

All of this info has been available shorty after the update went live…and they never batted an eye.

Now months later they are finally looking into it? and as incing on the cake we have Gaile giving us what is essentially an “have you tried turning it off, then back on again?” post….

It is so, so hard to find you guys credible anymore.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Broken Collections

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

All of this info has been available shorty after the update went live…and they never batted an eye.

Now months later they are finally looking into it? and as incing on the cake we have Gaile giving us what is essentially an “have you tried turning it off, then back on again?” post….

. . . bear in mind, Gaile is probably the most proactive person I know of with red name privileges who actually acts and goes to deal with things. Barely edging out Chris.

So if anyone was going to notice it and go knock on some doors to get movement or answers, it’s those two. And Chris has other foci than these issues – this is now Gaile’s job to take care of.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

. . . bear in mind, Gaile is probably the most proactive person I know of with red name privileges who actually acts and goes to deal with things. Barely edging out Chris.

So if anyone was going to notice it and go knock on some doors to get movement or answers, it’s those two. And Chris has other foci than these issues – this is now Gaile’s job to take care of.

Most of us are actually very appreciative of Gaile getting us answers. It’s a stretch, but I can understand how Gaile might have missed this issue and is trying to help.

The problem is one of two things:
1. Either the devs knew of this bug and refused to acknowledge it
2. They were unaware of it.

The first is just an insulting slap in the face to players. It takes all of 2 minutes to post a response that they know the bug is there and they’re working on it. Doing so prevents a lot of rage from the players and doesn’t take any appreciable time; even less time if they just tell Gaile to post about it.

The second is just plain scary. It means the devs either aren’t reading the forums like they say or those that do are completely failing in passing on the information. And that they aren’t really testing their features well.

Maybe it’s just me but the implication in Gailes posts were that the devs were aware of some of the problems, but not all.

Broken Collections

Djinn.9245

Since this game is still going strong (its not so old its in maintenance mode), I would think that any information that something is broken in the game would be given attention. I know I’m “backseat moderating”, but I would note any thread saying that something was wrong and put that mention and a link to the post in a report to QA unless that particular issue has already been addressed. I would also have a “Known Issues” list and a “Addressed Issues” list. Each issue would either be added to the Known Issues list or the thread would be addressed by Anet if there was an answer (like “that is working as intended”) and added to the Addressed Issues list, or the thread could be closed with a “this is already on the Known / Addressed Issues List”.

Broken Collections

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Most of us are actually very appreciative of Gaile getting us answers. It’s a stretch, but I can understand how Gaile might have missed this issue and is trying to help.

The problem is one of two things:
1. Either the devs knew of this bug and refused to acknowledge it
2. They were unaware of it.

The first is just an insulting slap in the face to players. It takes all of 2 minutes to post a response that they know the bug is there and they’re working on it. Doing so prevents a lot of rage from the players and doesn’t take any appreciable time; even less time if they just tell Gaile to post about it.

The second is just plain scary. It means the devs either aren’t reading the forums like they say or those that do are completely failing in passing on the information. And that they aren’t really testing their features well.

Maybe it’s just me but the implication in Gailes posts were that the devs were aware of some of the problems, but not all.

It’s both.

I find both options hardly credible as a professional game-developing organisation, but the more I post bugs in the Bugs forum and in-game and the less that’s done about them (as evidenced with the patch notes each time), the more I believe they’re sweeping this stuff under the Anet rug. It seems their opinion of us is “It’s not game-breaking, they can deal with it.”

Newsflash QA team!! It’s game-breaking to us, because that part of your game is broken, and you refuse to fix it… no matter how many people post and submit bug reports however many times. Also [insert policy whinge], if they are working on it then they couldn’t tell you anyway. Not even a status update of anything that’s been reported bugged. Once again, your policy is your Achilles heel.

As an organisation, communication intra- and inter-department is crucial. But hey, I figure if the communication between players and devs is such a one-way street, the same can normally be said about how they run things internally.

This has come back to bite you, Anet. (next time I’ll find something more constructive to post)

Broken Collections

Posted by: Acinonyx Rex.8609

Acinonyx Rex.8609

if we speak about bug

As mentioned above:

Thank you very much for all information you gave us. We really need to know what you devs knows about the state of the game in order to be able to help you. I can perfectly understand that a rare and hard to reproduce bug is easier to spot with an ingame report.

But What about the Infused Royal Doric signet which doesn’t count the treasure hunter collection ? Any player has the exact same issue, it’s not a rare bug, it’s a common feature. How could it be helpfull to your devs to have an ingame report about that ? You just have to launch your game and see it by yourself.

If we better understand how you work, you may be more helpfull, but right now, I just don’t understand why you need an ingame report about that. Forum seems a better place to me.

Broken Collections

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It only seems fair, if posters are going to say ArenaNet “isn’t aware of the problem” or “refuses to acknowledge it” (at least, concerning Ogre Wars), that the same can be said for forum-users. Dev posts in both these threads:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Ogre-Wars-in-new-game-update/first#post4584244

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Ogre-Wars-1/first#post4492683

/shrug