Change in loot parameters or a bug? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I’ll be keeping a very close eye on what happens after this content patch before making any further comments. I’m hoping that they have accomplished what they set out to do and will now make open world content viable again for those of us who do not enjoy dungeon crawling. As it stands today the changes have crippled solo play advancement for me and I have now played a full month with the only exotic I have received from the loot table since reaching level 80 a week prior to the Lost Shore nerfs.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

A lot less people would be complaining if ANet just came out and said we tweaked the drop rates and this is the new normal.

Instead, the Nov 15 patch said they changed the drops for champs supposedly for the better(which still suck and ain’t worth doing for a big ole blue). No mention of any other drop rate changes in general.

If this is working as intended, just say so already.

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

A lot less people would be complaining if ANet just came out and said we tweaked the drop rates and this is the new normal.

Instead, the Nov 15 patch said they changed the drops for champs supposedly for the better(which still suck and ain’t worth doing for a big ole blue). No mention of any other drop rate changes in general.

If this is working as intended, just say so already.

The weird thing is that the patch notes said they increased the rare and exotic drop rates, when that is clearly the exact opposite of what actually happened.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Im thinking support really doesnt have a single clue about this issue… or.. are told not to say anything about the issue other than “sorry, bad luck, we dont care.”

Personally, I think it’s more the latter. I think management has essentially gagged them on the issue and told them to keep it out of high-profile threads. That’s really the only explanation that makes sense , especially given the heavy handed moderation and immediate locking of threads that might bring a lot of attention to the issue.

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

I’ll be keeping a very close eye on what happens after this content patch before making any further comments. I’m hoping that they have accomplished what they set out to do and will now make open world content viable again for those of us who do not enjoy dungeon crawling. As it stands today the changes have crippled solo play advancement for me and I have now played a full month with the only exotic I have received from the loot table since reaching a week prior to the Lost Shore nerfs.

Oh please. A casual, unless leveling up, should be earning at least half a gold per hour doing almost anything. Don’t exaggerate.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

ChairGraveyard.2967

Half a gold is about 25 greens or 50 blues (give or take a bit). Where are you getting that much loot?

Rares don’t count obviously, since they aren’t dropping anywhere near the rate they used to (probably 1/1000th or less of the pre-nerf rate).

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Just did jormag, got a lodestone within the first few kills. No rare weapons but several green. So in the last three hours of play (over different days) I’ve got three rare weapons, two charged lodestones, 1 corrupted lodestone and a lot of greens. Is it possible the small patch a night or two ago addressed the drops?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’ll be keeping a very close eye on what happens after this content patch before making any further comments. I’m hoping that they have accomplished what they set out to do and will now make open world content viable again for those of us who do not enjoy dungeon crawling. As it stands today the changes have crippled solo play advancement for me and I have now played a full month with the only exotic I have received from the loot table since reaching a week prior to the Lost Shore nerfs.

Oh please. A casual, unless leveling up, should be earning at least half a gold per hour doing almost anything. Don’t exaggerate.

Talk about exaggeration. HA! yeah try paying for teleports, repairs because no one is in those zones to help you, and get to the end. Well lets say you manage to get 8-10 gold in the process. Guess what, doesn’t help you when each piece of armor costs 4-5 gold each in the TP, doesn’t help you to earn karma when you can’t free the temples solo to get to the vendors to buy the armor pieces.

Soooo how are we supposed to gear? oh yeah FoTM RNG, yeah I’ll pass. I played enough of that nonsense in vanilla WoW 7 years ago.

And no, this thread should not be closed because it’s a testament to just how many people this is happening to with no response from anyone not even the community manager.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Oh please. A casual, unless leveling up, should be earning at least half a gold per hour doing almost anything.

Don’t exaggerate.Half a gold is about 25 greens or 50 blues (give or take a bit). Where are you getting that much loot?

Rares don’t count obviously, since they aren’t dropping anywhere near the rate they used to (probably 1/1000th or less of the pre-nerf rate).

I think the keyword there is “should”. If you’re not leveling up, not salvaging stuff and selling everything, like myself, between mobs, junk and farming mats, if one goes like hell, especially in low level zones where there are lots of things that die quite readily. I can take down a mob of 5 or 10 “1-15” level creatures in seconds with a couple +1300 CD AOEs (Very little condition damage resistance at those levels). Even junk adds up quickly at that rate. Half a gold in an hour would have been EASY before the Nov 15th patch. Now it might take 2 or 3 hours…and that all assuming I never get a rare or a dye (Which I ALWAYS check, just to make sure), which still do drop once in a very long time. If you’re just farming for gold…until they fix the drop rate, well…if they if it…this is by far the fastest way to get it…unless you want to play the market. You’re not going to make gold like this in high level areas like Orr, but people are there to farm mats more than gold.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I won’t get drawn into an argument with someone who is obviously trying to derail the thread but I clearly said one exotic that I received through the loot table, not one I could purchase. To be honest, i got that level 78 exotic as the reward for the Lost Shore event even though i had been 80 for over a week.
Yes the loot table has been that bad, we regularly do all dragons at least daily and several times over the weekend and to date Jormag has not dropped one usable exotic for my Necromancer, meanwhile we have guild mates drawing ascended out of fractals and the best I’ve gotten in the open world in a month is a few yellows none of which I am currently using. so please don’t tell me I’m exaggerating.
One final note, i have not spent anything since then on gear and my character has less than 7 gold, likely more had I chose to sell the few yellows and piddly greens but I’m leery of letting anything go in case i do decide to stick it out and choose to level my other characters.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Nightmared.3076

Nightmared.3076

I agreed whit the first post…A-net nerf the loot..i play GW since the begining of it, it was a balance game ..the one whit skill to do gold got gold ( runner , 55 , underworld duo)
now GW2 got some addictive aspect but , A-net seem to push things toward the ‘’buy gem to covert them to gold thing’‘….seriously , the most important thing in a game , isnt it the player???? Thers plenty of game on the net that dies because of that ’’ u need to buy on the website to advance’’ PLz …pretty plz ,A-net ’ dont fall into this , or ur gonna loose alot of player that would otherwise put a 5 or a 10 buck on a item they want in the black lion trading…. now u just make them agry at u , nerfing the game they all love… my only hope is that they fix the problem (if thers really one) or help ppl understand why they doing that

ChairGraveyard.2967

Any change (to the hyper-nerfed rare drop rate in open world PvE) with today’s update?

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Not Sure. Could be.
But right at the moment they’ve made me very happy with the new patch.. but I will still watch the loot rate closely!

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I’d like to know this as well. Please report if you see any changes after the update.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

3 hours in CS is hardly a large sample size, but I’m getting the same amount of rares as pre-patch (the nerfed rate).

I don’t know if there is an actual issue with blues/greens as their rate has never changed for me, the only rate that has changed is rares, which are still dropping at about 25% the normal rate before the Nov 15th patch, controlling for MF and the like.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I got more bones (not craft mats bones) from vets/champs tonight than before. Still nothing else seems to have changed yet.

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

It’s kinda disheartening to read patch notes that “fix” loot for fractals/dungeons and add even more variety to the drops aswell – and not see one thing even mentioned regarding openworld loot. Just read under fractals/dungeons and look at all the loot changes and well, it’s kinda clear where we are now ment to go for loot.

I mean there isn’t even a fix to the champion/boss drops in openworld.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

tigirius.9014

So they changed bags drop rate, anyone else notice a change? how often do the bags drop the items needed now?

Blackwolfe.5649

Was in frostgorge for two hours killing things, no change whatsoever..

Game over

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

Okay, I’m done farming for the day.

While I don’t think the parameters were changed for the worse, they certainly weren’t changed for the better, or likely touched at all. I farmed CS for 6 hours with 150% Magic Find and got one rare. ONE. Even after the nerfed drop rated with the patch on Nov 14th I could still average at least one or two per hour.

It would be really nice if we could get some clarification here. If the actual intent was really to “make sure loot is not a significantly worse source of rares and exotics” then the goal has gone in the completely opposite direction, and is out of the ballpark.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Ok you guys are insane. I’m getting level approriate stuff in kessex hills and even got an 80 exotic of a veteran bull. Best update patch to the loot table, ever! Great job!

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

ChairGraveyard.2967

Thanks for testing guys. Sucks they didn’t fix anything. Not surprised, gotta keep funneling people into FotM to get them on the hamster wheel of grind.

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

A few hours after patch doesn’t say much but from my experience since it went live, I’ve been getting more drops (or the RNG gods deemed me lucky). Not anything special but more consistent drops from mobs. About 1/3 kills kill drop something, either vendor trash or blues with decent green rate.

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Ive noticed the loot change as well been playing since launch and there is a huge difference.

That said if all you really want is rares just do daily runs of dungeons from CoF ranging up to Arah and just use the tokens for the rare armors and salvage them for ecto.

Granted ecto is a chance salvage but i very rarely get 0 from 3 rares, you dont get the straight up sell value of the rare from the TP but hey ectos are money.

tigirius.9014

Has anyone noticed a change in rare loot drops since last night’s patch?

Posted by: tpriel.8517

tpriel.8517

i reported in game bug of drop rate no change

this cant continue means ill have to go farm dungeons and i shouldn’t have to

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I def noticed increased loot since patch, more rares, more green and even a 20g exotic off random vet mob. However way too short of a time to know for sure

Posted by: sweatycool.9624

sweatycool.9624

from the nights patch, ive noticed an increase of drops (junk, bags, blues, greens, a little bit yellows) but the only thing that seemed decreased was mats. i farmed for 6 hours, got about 4 yellows, which went from abysmal to poor, but 2 charged lodestones is pretty good at malchor’s leap.

As what my mighty Norn says, EAT MORE BACON

- I Eat Bacon, from Ferguson’s Crossing.

Navi.7142

Veterans and Champions are still not giving improved loot and they don’t give loot at all times.
Rares are extremely rare (maybe that rare how the chance for rare things from a chest is -.-).
I got a lot of stuff in Orr (no yellows, no exotics), a few greens and pretty good material, but overall I am not sure yet whether they changed anything.

Blackwolfe.5649

Been playing for hours.. aint been getting anything above greens, and even greens have been dropping sparsely, just like most of the time after the lost shores patch. Seriously ANET? Get your junk together!

Game over

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Noticed a difference since last patch, been getting yellows regularly from doing dungeons and such…

Navi.7142

I think we are definetely not speaking of dungeon or fractal loot. ^^

tigirius.9014

So, tonight i got some T6 mats from the bags i got from level 80 zones. That’s nice. Now for the rares. None of the veterans or champions i killed since yesterday have dropped a single thing accept 1 grey 2 blues. Seriously this has gone on long enough.

Start reporting this everyone to the support site, maybe our voices in the support site will ge their attention since they ignore us completely here.

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

To all saying that you noticed loot may have gotten better, let me reassure you it did not. Check the Market. Prices are the same. If there were more rares that would have increased supply, thus prices would naturally fall.

We will have a better idea after the holiday since people arent really farming all that much now, but in over 8 hours of farming i have gotten 3-4 rares tops.

No changes.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

From my experience, on the 15th December they increased slightly the drop rate of trash, mats, whites, blues, greens and yellows but completely shut down the exotic drops.

Before 15th November, fully MF gear, MF guild buff and food would give me 2 or 3 exotics every 3 hours at Orr. Now, I dont get an exotic for weeks.

They are tampering with the loot drop tables, trying to cool down our outcry but maintaining a tight grip over the drops so everyone buys gems to trade for gold.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

I’ve now played the past two weeks without receiving a single rare.

I’ll play on my ele alt leveling her, then when called by the guild will come running to various chest DE’s around the world.

With each successive one, the loot gets worse. At this point i’m lucky if i see even a GREEN . Meanwhile, the people who are NOT on bugged DR are getting 2-3 ectos per major event, while, again, i’m lucky to recover even my waypoint costs.

I will no longer be bothering to respond to guild calls for DE’s. No rewards, barely covering costs, and meanwhile thanks to this DR bug only affecting half the population, the other half is getting filthy rich on ectos and driving the price of precursors even FURTHER out of reach (some are reaching 500g now when I’m seeing maybe 1g/day in total revenue)

(edited by plasmacutter.2709)

Posted by: ShaiHulud.7410

ShaiHulud.7410

Just to add to something that’s already kittened up. The patch didn’t change anything. The drop rate is still crap.

On top of that, Anet has Nerfed the sparks farming in Malchor’s Leap. Whenever you kill a spark now it will become immune , go towards the generator and blow up, filling the bar up, thus finishing the event.

So yea. Good bye charged lodestone farming.

plasmacutter.2709

Really?

I’ve only seen one charged lodestone my entire time playing, and it sold promptly for over 3g. ANet has some serious departmental communication issues to be constricting the supply further on something already insanely expensive.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’ve heard Tetris is more rewarding than this lately.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Meanwhile in Fractals…

[Guild] xxx : Lol , 2 exotics and 8 rares so far and we aren’t even finished yet

All is vain.

Posted by: Alnear Leavar.7453

Alnear Leavar.7453

Well I wanted to spend about 50€ on gems but why do I need gems for if I get the best drop in the game – POROUS BONES. It’s gotten to the point where porous bones are an inside joke in our guild. Porous bone, greatest and hardest obtainable item in the game. Yay.

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

Now I can’t even get any sleep without being haunted by my pitiful drops “No…no…!…stop…clogging….my inventory….porous bones….nooooooo!!!!!!”.

Jokes aside, pve drops are still pretty lame for me. I don’t really bother with the dragons anymore since 5 blues is hardly worth the journey. But I’ll still go for a laugh if my guildies are there.

However as many have said dungeons DO drop decent loot more or less consistently, so I have switched my farming pattern entirely.

Run CoE for the charged stones/lodestones, Run CoF for the Onyx stones, do the daily ori nodes run across the lvl80 maps with my two alts and i can net about 4,5 g a day with a bit of luck.
So all in all, about 20-25g per week, afterall I can’t be farming all the time, that’d just be boring.

But by the end of the week, I got enough tokens to either gear up a bit…or salvage the exotics to get some ectos…which adds up on the top on the loot I got all week.

What I am trying to say is, yes it sucks that open world drops appear to us as decreased (yes I am phrasing it like that), but there is still viable ways of making reasonable coin in this game without finding it overly grinding.

It might not be what it was like a month or so ago, but it still works.

And afterall, if it is possible to keep making decent money with more or less effort, then it doesn’t make hold true with the theory of “Anet is trying to make us poor to buy gems”. My GM can make about 15-20 coins a day just by farming all the right places for the right amount of time. I am happy with 3-5g a day. It’s more than enough to cater for my general gw2 expenses.

Do not get me wrong, I am annoyed I can’t farm open world as effectively as before, I really enjoyed it and I dislike having something I constitute fairly fun made completely unprofitable ( I am one of those players that never got an exotic drop, like EVER, in open world and in dungeons….well actually once, the karka chest, But since everyone did too it didn’t feel very special, and I sold it immediately) while other avenues of the game remain strongly profitable. It doesn’t make sense to smash that one part of the game into the ground.

The only conceivable reason for that “perceived reduction” is that bots are still alive and well, only very discreet. Don’t forget bots cant farm dungeons so it makes sense that side of things wouldn’t be nerfed. Hell, maybe it’s even been buffed to compensate for the open world “nerf”.

At this point, it’s all speculation. But from the recent news update from Anet on how they are combatting bots I would think it’s the most likely scenario.

So I’m going to stop worrying, I’m going to enjoy the game an I am going to adapt to these recent changes. I enjoy clearing dungeons with my guild on mumble so I’ll have a good time regardless. Since I know they are not trying to hinder the players pockets, I am going to let it slide and hope open world drops will be buffed when Anet think it is safe to do so.

I’ll keep following the thread on and off, but I believe there is no conspiracy and no real need to worry. The only thing that is strange is the absence of response by Anet. Which would actually go along with the possible scenario of the bots still being present and therefore anet does not want the botters to be made aware that they are on their trail. That is my speculation, and I’m quite happy with that.

You guys should move on, there is still money to make in the game without having to break much of a sweat. I did and I feel better for it. We can all come back to it when things get back to normal

tigirius.9014

To all saying that you noticed loot may have gotten better, let me reassure you it did not. Check the Market. Prices are the same. If there were more rares that would have increased supply, thus prices would naturally fall.

We will have a better idea after the holiday since people arent really farming all that much now, but in over 8 hours of farming i have gotten 3-4 rares tops.

No changes.

That’s more then I’ve gotten in weeks. Where did they drop?

Oh and when i said T6 items were dropping I didn’t say it’s gotten better. That tiny aspect of the loot has, but we cannot build whole armor sets without globs of ecto which drop from rares and exotics and they know this. It’s not better no.

tigirius.9014

You guys should move on, there is still money to make in the game without having to break much of a sweat. I did and I feel better for it. We can all come back to it when things get back to normal

You do realize it’s not just the money, it’s also the mats to make legendaries, to gear alts up, to make globs readily available? Sure T6 items drop from bags now but that’s not the only material needed. And it’s completely beside the point of rewards for time spent not being high enough.

tigirius.9014

Okay so I’ve sent my report to them in the bug/support section.

I hope you all do the same because if that’s what they claim will make a difference since they don’t read their own forums then so be it, report away everyone!

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

I doubt sending a report will do anything.. We have a thread here with 20 pages, yet we still don’t have a response from them. I guess one can dream but still chances are very, very slim :/

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

There will be no response because its deliberate. Look at what they’ve done to the jormag events there’s now virtually no loot apart from the chest even after the patch.

If the reasons anet are doing it is not because of the cash shop then they are so misguided its not funny (heck even if its because of the cash shop they are misguided but its at least an understandable reason), we need a reasonable carrot to keep playing.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

plasmacutter.2709

There will be no response because its deliberate. Look at what they’ve done to the jormag events there’s now virtually no loot apart from the chest.

If the reasons anet are doing it is not because of the cash shop then they are so misguided its not funny (heck even if its because of the cash shop they are misguided but its at least an understandable reason), we need a reasonable carrot to keep playing.

This, I stopped going to dragons.

I spend 30 minutes killing the thing, go to the chest, and invariably blues, blues, blues.

same with any world event, really.

Meanwhile select guildies CONSISTENTLY get 3 ectos out of the same events.

I’m hearing it’s MF that’s glitched and my first task when i get back on will be to replace my MF gear, and, just to be sure i’m rid of the glitch, fully salvage my existing MF gear rather than mut it.

Navi.7142

What exactly do we have to do to get rares or exotics in pve without running fractals or dungeons? And I am not thinking of the rewards for map completions in higher zones.

I don’t have mf, just sometimes a food buff (~18 bis 30 % mf), but I tried to use it not all the time to see whether it makes a difference or not.
I cannot really see one. My loot seems to be the same crap since they bugfixnerfed it 15th November.

For example: How long do I have to farm in Orr to get more than porous bones?
And if I do that.. wouldn’t DR occur pretty quick?

In my opinion the theory of broken DR sounds quite good. The question then would be: How can we get rid of it?

Posted by: tpriel.8517

tpriel.8517

the silence of the dev’s is deafening…