Change in loot parameters or a bug? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

Don’t know if the drop rate went down. But karkas are pretty hard, but the drops in Orr are 5 times better and more. And you can’t even compare with the fractal dungeons. Its hardly worth the effort to go and farm karkas if you like that instead of dungeon runs.

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

While I appreciated this thread finally gets some acknowledgement, I believe the moderator’s comments only added to our confusion and frustration.

I am pretty sure his words “roll out bad luck” was meant to say RULE out bad luck seeing as how the other thread was only like 5 people and this one has many, many people saying the loot is borked.

His/her words were a little hard to understand. Perhaps he/she was sleepy Let’s continue to give feedback on our problem and try not to get derailed by what may have just been a typo.

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

There isn’t much feedback to give back. The loot table has been altered on the patch the dye drops got altered. They fixed the dyes but all the overall loot altering stay the same since then.

Unid dye prices are 15s now. Before they altered it it was around 4-5s. AFTER they altered it was 1s and when they fixed it back to normal 15s. Because the overall loot is altered. Ofc. many people stopped farming events also leads to the dye prices going up. but 3 times more than before? There are still many farming events.

I just am glad people who told i was having a bad luck streak are now seeing this. Since the mods never took my feedback seriously.

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Not only did that thread consist of 5 people (4 if not counting the moderator), but half the posts were for fotm, which is exactly what this issue isnt about.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

Yes, there isn’t any thing else I can add except I am working harder and getting less money in my bank. I don’t have any numbers prior to the loot change I can use to show the drastic change.

“Working harder” – I didn’t even realize I had used those words until I finished the sentence. I have never considered playing GW2 work… until now. I guess my fun factor has dropped more than I knew.

Edit: Can anyone tell me why the moderator posts on this thread are grey and in all the others they are red? I know it’s of no consequense but I’m curious.

(edited by Mala.3861)

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

So about an hour ago I posted that I needed another 50s to do what I wanted, well this bug is biting me hard tonight. In one hour, I made 38s … so much for my estimate of 50s/hour … I just was not getting enough drops, nor enough equipment to merch.

I give up for tonight. This bug has won this round, only made 3g63s in about 10 hours of game play in Cursed Shore, but I will fight it again tomorrow. Good night, and good luck. Hope to hear from a dev on this topic sooner rather than later.

(edited by wildcode.5403)

wildcode.5403

Edit: Can anyone tell me why the moderator posts on this thread are grey and in all the others they are red? I know it’s of no consequense but I’m curious.

I believe that all “Moderator” posts are that colour, the red ones are ANet staff or official representitives I believe. And yes, it is a red post we are after

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

If I remember correctly the other day in redit AMA they said they knew it.
And since the “karka” patch, world drops with MF are just pointless. I was one of those so called “farmers” every day I farm for 2-4 hours events to earn my cash now doing that it’s , as I said, pointless.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

They actually said that “that was the question they avoided answering the most” and that drop rates decline is “percieved” (ie not real).

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

They actually said that “that was the question they avoided answering the most” and that drop rates decline is “percieved” (ie not real).

This is the question and response. When read as actually stated, it sounds like they will look into it.

“Q: Magic find and just drops in general (with or without MF gear) seems to have been greatly altered to a minimum. Also, in the most recent patch it was noted that Veterans/Champions should always drop something at least, irregardless of what quality. Is the system working as you intended since the update or are there most definitely problems with it as it stands? Also, if it is ‘working as planned’ why the huge change in drops? Coupled with diminishing rewards it is hard to farm legitly and almost points the player to the Cash Shop instead of relying on self-reliance. Thanks in advance!

A: So yep you are right this is the question i have been likely dodging the most? The reason being is that it requires investigation. Vet and Champs should give good loot and there are a number of reports on perceived decrease in the frequency of drops. I will be discussing this in depth with the Production and Design team tomorrow and we will hopefully have more info soon."

Aelaren.3784

They might as well look into champs&vets drop tables only – judging by that response. It`s not a clear answer, it`s AMA, it`s been more than a week and there are NO dev responses in this or similar threads.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

They might as well look into champs&vets drop tables only – judging by that response. It`s not a clear answer, it`s AMA, it`s been more than a week and there are NO dev responses in this or similar threads.

It’s going on a month now, I think they are hoping this will go away.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Aelaren.3784

They should have taken a page out of Lineage 2 book – if you want to nerf drops you do it GRADUALLY. It is easy to say “bad luck” when you drop rates 10-15% every month. New people come who are not familiar with previous drop rates, and any time you try to say “hey, something is wrong here” you`ll be met with “bad luck” argument. So over a course of months you get the desired drop reduction without many people noticing.

But chopping rates so drop go down several TIMES of what it was before – man, people are bound to notice

facepalm

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

A group of what must have been at least 50 players and myself completed the Claw of Jormag DE. When the dust had settled I asked in map who got a rare from the chest and one, yes one player linked his new yellow. Now I’m not saying that others didn’t get a rare, but I know for a fact I haven’t seen a rare from a chest in forever. I wasn’t able to do the final even in the Karka Chain, so having any rare item drop seems to me to be out of reach currently.

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Im 100 % sure the drop was lowered at orr events, I was doing em every day, and since the patch the loot with the same mf gear it’s close to nothing

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Posted by: Shwizer.7210

Shwizer.7210

I would like to first thank the community for all the fun I had. I have met many wonderful people and had a great tme exploring. I have 600 or so hours 3 80’s 4 tradeskills done. The lie about fixing Rangers just about caused me to quit but I kept going on. I have killed in the last week countless dragons not one rare and there are usually people posting the rares and whatever they looted and there were usually many postings. Now maybe 1 or 2 people post. I personally have been happy just to get greens now. So that is the straw.

I will be trying out Planetside 2 it is free to play but unlike Guildwars 2 it’s honest about it not sneaky decietful and lie about it

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

So no dev attention still with this? Guess issues outside of fractals aren’t on the list anymore.
If anything this drives even more people to quit or farming their precious fractals since they are the only way to get decent loot anymore.

All is vain.

Posted by: JarekCyphus.7068

JarekCyphus.7068

I can’t help but feel like loot is being rationed to pander to Anet’s breadwinners by enticing players to buy gold with gems…

Judges of the Tarnished Coast
Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

Posted by: deborah.2068

deborah.2068

Well here goes Why dont you all put down GW2 if its a game you want try Rifts they have something like DE or another mmo, maybe spend some time with the family for the holidays any ways do something else besides GW2, I do know the hurt and discouragement you feel being second choice for a dev to dungeon runner but that is how most mmo works usually a new game cant see that until the game is on the brink of destruction but you have tried for over a week for them to hear your cries they just dont care

Posted by: Dragon Relic.8216

Dragon Relic.8216

I see a lot of players that are very upset with the way drop rates have been. I am also one of those players that have noticed something very off since the Nov 15 update. I hope the dev’s take notice of what the players are saying and reply eventually to what the deal is. Either this is a bug and it needs to be fixed or this is what we are to expect from now on.

Posted by: Mura.8673

Mura.8673

I’ve taken this time to level a new class I wanted to try out. I have a level 80 engineer, so instead of farming, I’m leveling a ranger, and going for world completion on the ranger. Having this alternate goal means I’m still having fun, and by the time I’m ready to start farming with the ranger, hopefully this issue will have been addressed. Of course I still have a blast at night in wvw, so farming can be on the back burner for now.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I’ve sent several different PM’s in the hope someone would step up, no such luck. Seems to me the only conclusion to be drawn at this point is it’s intended and they want to bleed the economy dry to correct the bot infusion of goods to the TP, all at the expense of those of us who’ve supported them and played the game as intended.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

maybe someone should post this on reddit too

if you look at general forum you will see lots of people creating magic find bug topics that are related to this too

again this stealth nerf will not hurt anyone who already got legendaries (legit way or not) and who got exotics they wanted. But for new players and fresh lvl 80 its nightmare to gear character outside of dungeons now …
this will create same situation as in World of Warcraft where are people are in major city pressing magic button to get to dungeons while leaving world completely deserted

(edited by Riel.2160)

Posted by: LemurTron.9261

LemurTron.9261

why are some people saying the drop rate for orr events have jumped way up while others are saying it’s way down?

Posted by: Bean.1247

Bean.1247

Just adding my voice to the thread, Working towards crafting exotic armour for my Guardian is a lot harder than when I got my Warriors. Surely the second set should be a lot easier to collect the materials for as half the work is already done but it seems not now the loot rates have gone on a definite downward trend.

Sleep is a sign of caffeine deprivation !

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

The loot drop rate is really weird… Doing some group farming, we had people with no MF gear getting BL Keys dropping again (?!?!) and people in full MF going 20+ mobs without ANY lootable mobs. Nothing. Not even trophies.

Champions and vets still don’t guaranteed drop stuff, so… there’s still that. I still stand on my point that for most characters/accounts, the drop rate is broken.

Whatever is going on, it’s not fun, and that should be the primary concern here. Seeing other people making it rain with loot while you starve and constantly get told “Oh, you must just have bad luck, keep trying!” just makes you wistfully think about spending your time and money elsewhere, where you know a fair effort will be rewarded.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

tigirius.9014

A group of what must have been at least 50 players and myself completed the Claw of Jormag DE. When the dust had settled I asked in map who got a rare from the chest and one, yes one player linked his new yellow. Now I’m not saying that others didn’t get a rare, but I know for a fact I haven’t seen a rare from a chest in forever. I wasn’t able to do the final even in the Karka Chain, so having any rare item drop seems to me to be out of reach currently.

IT definitely is! OMG hadn’t done a dragon run in a while now so I wouldn’t know but that is just ridiculous if those too are only dropping greens and blues. that’s WAY out of touch with what those should have in them. WOW

tigirius.9014

why are some people saying the drop rate for orr events have jumped way up while others are saying it’s way down?

I have no idea, I’ve had weeks of it being way down. You can have a bad day or even a bad couple of days but whole weeks, that’s when something is definitely wrong here.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I have no idea, I’ve had weeks of it being way down. You can have a bad day or even a bad couple of days but whole weeks, that’s when something is definitely wrong here.

I’ve seen reports that MF makes the drop rate worse, so if we’ve got an MF player and an non-MF player reporting, they might see different things. I also saw a few people saying they thought player level played into it, but I haven’t done testing to see if that’s true.

There definitely is something off, though. I’ve had several champions drop nothing, which is not supposed to happen.

tyu.9470

This is NOT about stupid champions people… it is the OVERALL DROP RATE if you ever farmed cursed shore events thats where it shines the most. Lost of NORMAL MOBS you farm get multiple rares per event now you get 1 maybe in 3 events.

Tommyknocker.6089

This is NOT about stupid champions people… it is the OVERALL DROP RATE if you ever farmed cursed shore events thats where it shines the most. Lost of NORMAL MOBS you farm get multiple rares per event now you get 1 maybe in 3 events.

I get your point, but I would give my eye teeth for a rare every 10 events. As it sits now I got one, count them ONE rare for over 25 hours of play. Even excluding the champs that is a VERY poor drop rate. ANet, I already have a full time job, I’m not looking for another.

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Just to add to this thread I’m experiencing very little dye drops. before the patch I accumulated 140 unind dyes (I’m saving them) after the patch I have only gotten 3 new dyes.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

Tyu actually this topic is about both
both are related and both does not work as intended

cancer > before this patch dyes where bugged and had increased % drop chance
but I am thinking that they nerfed it too much because before I got at least 1 or 2 in 5 hours of play now I am getting 1 every 3rd day or so

Dragon Relic.8216

I get your point, but I would give my eye teeth for a rare every 10 events. As it sits now I got one, count them ONE rare for over 25 hours of play. Even excluding the champs that is a VERY poor drop rate. ANet, I already have a full time job, I’m not looking for another.

This is exactly what I am going through here.

wildcode.5403

Just to be clear, there are three (3) issues that this thread has exposed.

1. Overall drop rates/quality lowered (in open world, not just orr)
2. Champ/vet drops rates/quality very poor despite patch to improve them
3. Magic Find makes drop rates/quality worse

All are probably related issues with the loot table. But we have still to hear from ANet about them.

(edited by wildcode.5403)

Vlad Morbius.1759

" The lost shores event was not the only modification to precursors.

We’re tracking the changing economy. The changed prices come from a lack of supply relative to demand, not from a substantial increase in inflation (this is apparent when you look at the TP as a whole bundle of good rather than just a few items).

John Smith"

Taken from this thread; https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Inquiry-on-status-stability-of-the-market

They know, they’ve always known and the rest is smoke and mirrors. The lack of supply is one they created, hence no bug no mystery just changes made to drain the economy, mystery solved.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Yes i’m not getting very much at all, an hours grind (yes grind) may net me a rare, if i use Magic find, Nothing at all! The patch notes said they were increasing drops i think it meant turning them off lol.

I have not seen one good drop of a open world champion ever in this game, and this whole grinding mechanic they have now is really turning me off GW2..

I even went back to my old game for a few hours yesterday as GW2 has become way to boring…

I’ve done very little FotM and i still feel the lack of anything after the cursed shores event, please turn the loot back on, thanks.

(edited by Dante.1508)

tigirius.9014

/bump to receive word and allow others to see this to add to it.

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

Apparently, (quoted in this thread) the supposed “Vet and Champs should give good loot”didn’t produce the results they intended. Perhaps the drawing board meeting was initiated and new plans were discussed before a hotfix or patch was initiated. When I read that they would ‘investigate’ from that Anet response, I think…. they considered a flaw in it and have stopped to consider options.
_Maybe they thought it’d lead to players seeking out Vets and Champs everywhere and not bothering with regular mobs? Did that supposed Vets and Champs mentioned only include those found on Southsun Cove or all PvE areas?
_It has been said in this thread, that if there was a bug resulting in too much high quality gear being given out, it’d be fixed ASAP (that day or next day, perhaps). So it adds to my consideration of the possibility that this apparent bug (or perception of a bug) is on low priority. Leading me to play less often. Heck, my guild has not played much since achieving rank 80 and exotic gear except for those that SPvP or play infrequently enough to not be rank 80 yet.
_My main is 95% map (missing WvWvW; can’t get access to them all being on Dragonbrand; no, I’m not willing to transfer), has a lot of materials, and about 10 gold. I would like to spend some time getting money, but it’s gotten to be slower than it was and its motivated me to play less. I considered T3 gear styles and weapon styles, but it’ll be a year at this rate to accumulate that money, so I’m merely waiting to see if the supposed Vets and Champs alteration in loot that may or may not have effected All loot will be addressed. Good luck Anet. I’ll likely be back when it’s resolved. I’m not heart set on getting Legendary weapons because it was originally only a style difference from Exotics & many of the styles while enjoyable for a second, was not something I was willing to grind/farm materials for….. and we all know how that has changed recently. 0o

Will Legendary weapons be scaled down in WvWvW?? (Ascended scaled down too?) or have you just POSSIBLY driven away PvPers? (that they will not want to PvE more than they might have had to, in order to get better gear, which was not absolutely necessary for a player to do, but crafting to rank 80 had been easy with little PvE, which was good for WvWers.)
_I liked Stat caps, and merely was interested in more maps that brought with them more heart NPCs that had new recipes for new styles (along with the fun of new map content).
_Meanwhile, I went back to GW1 and got my 10th point for Hall of Monuments.

I know Diminished Returns were used to tackle the Bot issues… and that bots are used in testing builds: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/180776/Video_Guild_Wars_2s_programming_tricks_revealed.php#.ULlbaIZfaUk ), and that there is a virtual ton of data to review…. makes we wonder if the data being reviewed could identify bots (then suspending, and then banning them) might lead to removing the diminished returns method? With all that data tracking, I imagine you’ll create new methods and the game will change for new reasons than typically expected through traditional means (new content). Good luck being inventive! I think you’ve got the skills to do it.

(edited by Zapan.7460)

tyu.9470

Tyu actually this topic is about both
both are related and both does not work as intended

cancer > before this patch dyes where bugged and had increased % drop chance
but I am thinking that they nerfed it too much because before I got at least 1 or 2 in 5 hours of play now I am getting 1 every 3rd day or so

Yes what i tried to mean which i failed is that.. i strongly believe they did something really bad to drop rates – which leads to every other drop loot in game get broken.

What i mean is:

If lets say they made an error which reduced all loot by 15% from all world mobs (excluding the event bosses and what not maybe )
Then say champions give 100% loot.. then they give 85% cause of the error.

I really believe they are actually the same problem in root. Ofc. Anet is the only side in this story that can know for sure. I tell this because in same example they fixed the unid dye drop rate.. but they are still rarer than they used to be before all the changes came a month ago.

Hope this makes more sense than my previous post.

Posted by: Elarii.2756

Elarii.2756

Since this thread “Level descaling in my opinion” won’t open at all for me my reply to it fits just as well in this one. This game was so much more fun when I could actually loot off almost every kill and from that loot find something useful whether it was equipment, salvageable mats, mats or dyes(there are something over 400 of them to discover…). Now it’s nothing but grind and by the time I’m done my daily I really don’t want to go try and fight on level stuff because the loot barely covers my repair and travel costs as it is. Yea yea, some level 80’s or so say it’s easy to make gold, just run fotm…. no thanks, if I wanted to play a dungeon crawler I’d already be doing that.
Anyway, in reply to:
——————————————————-
Mirta.5029:

It’s an economy balance. If there was no descaling level 80s could run in, 1 hit kill everything and flood the market with crap and mid gear making it really cheep and making lower levels unable to make money.
——————————————————-
In theory, perhaps, but in reality the loot nerfs and diminishing returns prevent low levels from making any money now unless they’re really lucky and actually get the odd unid dye that they would rather sell than gamble on for their own character/s. The only way I was able to get enough to buy my level 40 training books was by selling all my ore and cloth instead of leveling up my crafting so now I’m really behind the ball with trying to make myself equipment.

Imo, there needs to be a rollback of the DR now that the bots are supposedly mostly gone, maybe then players would return to the world maps.

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Same with me. This bug or whatever you may call it ( I really wish it is a bug ..) is making me not want to play. Believe it or not I actually enjoyed doing the events in Cursed Shore quite a lot – especially when you were rewarded with a lot of rares. Now all I’m getting is those stupid bones which make me go nuts.

Dragon Relic.8216

Same with me. This bug or whatever you may call it ( I really wish it is a bug ..) is making me not want to play. Believe it or not I actually enjoyed doing the events in Cursed Shore quite a lot – especially when you were rewarded with a lot of rares. Now all I’m getting is those stupid bones which make me go nuts.

I have just been doing WvWvW and dungeons since the drops have been terrible. However I have been playing much less as well because of it. If the PvE zones keep losing people to Fractals when new players come (or even old players that took a break) and they don’t see anyone around it’s going to look bad.

Bottom line drops need to be examined in all areas of the game. Non existent loot = Non existent me.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

An MMO without satisfying rewards ie LOOT is not worth my time. Fix the kittening drop rate already. It’s getting to the point that I’m beginning to miss the bots.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: douceline.2741

douceline.2741

Last night was WAY better for me, something more like the normal amount of loot I would expect. I ran around Harathi Hinterlands with my l35 ele for maybe an hour or so and picked up some decent drops (a few blues and whites, a green or two, and a yellow). Totally different than I’ve experienced in other areas or with other characters, and totally different than the experience I relayed in my earlier post. Totally weird.

Oh, but got virtually nothing from vets, and the ones that did drop didn’t drop anything interesting (bones, I think.)

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

Don’t know if and how they are related but…

I’ve just finished my monthly kills in WvW.
Out of the 50 kills I’ve got… 2 friggin’ badges.

But hey, lot of heavy loot sacks.

Vlad Morbius.1759

Based on the thread I linked from the BLM section of the forums, it is my guess that they’ll continue to “monitor” this up until the patch on December 14th. Of course there could well be far fewer people playing by then and I for one will be keeping my credit card in my wallet cause Santa only gives to good little boys and girls and that certainly doesn’t apply here.

Posted by: Nolas.3701

Nolas.3701

A friend and I ran around hitting up all the spots we needed to complete the Orr map last night. We spent about 5-6 hrs doing diff events that popped on route to our map completion. I can’t count how many times we went on streaks of killing 10+ mobs without seeing a SINGLE drop. Not even a skull! I had 0 MF and my buddy had about 50% MF. Seems to me the drop rates have taken a dive since they fixed the dye bug? I dunno… can’t see myself logging on much if this isn’t a bug. After completing the map we got 2 level 76 exotics…. completing a level 80 zone yeilds level 76 rewards? We were a little pissed to say the least. lol

Tommyknocker.6089

Last night was WAY better for me, something more like the normal amount of loot I would expect. I ran around Harathi Hinterlands with my l35 ele for maybe an hour or so and picked up some decent drops (a few blues and whites, a green or two, and a yellow). Totally different than I’ve experienced in other areas or with other characters, and totally different than the experience I relayed in my earlier post. Totally weird.

Oh, but got virtually nothing from vets, and the ones that did drop didn’t drop anything interesting (bones, I think.)

Same here actually a few greens and a bunch of blues, no yellows dropped for my lowby (lvl 30) ranger, but the drops seem to be more fair for him. The vets and champs don’t drop still, but I believe that to be universal currently. My point is that it seems that I don’t get the shaft on loot quite as bad with my lower level characters as I get with my main. HTH with tracking down the bug(s) ANet.

tigirius.9014

Not only did that thread consist of 5 people (4 if not counting the moderator), but half the posts were for fotm, which is exactly what this issue isnt about.

Not only is this not just some tiny number of people this is happening to, but fotm being the sole method of gathering mats for anything is a big part of the problem especially when globs are now at 36 silver each.

Mats are needed to craft and make money after crafting to teleport. No one is in Orr anymore to even buy the karma gear because they’re all in fotm or to get the temples back, and all of the drops seem to be focused in the dungeons only (the only one anyone is actually interested in is fotm) so yeah I’d say that’s a big problem.

When was the last time you got something other then a grey off of a champion or veteran?