Change in loot parameters or a bug? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

In a desperate attempt last night to take over the Ogre camp in Plains of Ashford solo so i could actually get the POI , i gave up after killing countless Ogres and around 15 Veterans ( fast spawn) needless to say – i didnt manage to win the camp and i got exactly NOTHING from the veterans

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Another update – Haven’t seen a yellow outside of fractals in over a week. Morale is low.

Honestly at this point this thread seems pointless other than informing the community. We might as well be posting quotes from ‘Mutiny on the Bounty’ for all the attention and feedback we’re getting.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: Phooka.9042

Phooka.9042

We might as well be posting quotes from ‘Mutiny on the Bounty’ for all the attention and feedback we’re getting.

Now that’s a nice picture for it. So far, I nicknamed the [Merged] treads “wailing wall”. For one, because of the wailing. But also, because as an atheist, my expectations regarding postings here and prayers before a wall of inanimate stone being answered are about the same. Zilch.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I have given up on veterans and champions, I see no reason to waste my time.
Why should I bother fighting these for no reward, when I can fight a few weakling mobs and actually get some drops? I get better drops from the starting areas then anywhere else with my level 80, and this is just wrong!

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Another update – Haven’t seen a yellow outside of fractals in over a week. Morale is low.

Honestly at this point this thread seems pointless other than informing the community. We might as well be posting quotes from ‘Mutiny on the Bounty’ for all the attention and feedback we’re getting.

Really, not one yellow in a week? This weekend over the course of maybe 8 hours of playing i have looted about 10 rare weapons/armor, probably 2 charged lodestones and 4 corrupted lodestones. Also about 5-6 dyes and a plethora of green/blues.

I agree the looting in general has turned very poor, but not one rare in a week? seems like an outlier to me.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Really, not one yellow in a week? This weekend over the course of maybe 8 hours of playing i have looted about 10 rare weapons/armor, probably 2 charged lodestones and 4 corrupted lodestones. Also about 5-6 dyes and a plethora of green/blues.

I agree the looting in general has turned very poor, but not one rare in a week? seems like an outlier to me.

Seems more like you are incredibly lucky. I have not seen a yellow in a VERY long time, probobly since right after the lost shores patch. Dye drops are about 1 a day, which is not that bad, but used to be much better. BTW, I play around 5 to 6 hours a night, every night, so thats roughly 40 or so hours a week. Kind of sucks working a full time job for no pay, LOL!

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

Since Lost Shores patch I have gotten only two yellows from open world hunting and I’m not even sure if personal story instances really counts as open world. Both of those yellows were picked up during story questing.

An outlier? I don’t think so.

(edited by Mala.3861)

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

Since Lost Shores patch I have gotten only two yellows from open world hunting and I’m not even sure if your personal story instances really counts as open world. Both of those yellows were picked up during story questing.

An outlier? I don’t think so.

That’s been about my experience, and I’ve done the Tequatl event several times in the last few weeks, as well a few jumping puzzles and zone completions. Gold items have become few and far between. Those dragon chests were mostly blue for me. I’m really surprised we haven’t heard any more on this since Chris Whiteside’s AMA.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

I’m really surprised we haven’t heard any more on this since Chris Whiteside’s AMA.

What more would they say beyond what he said? “Dev is researching?” “Dev is coding?” “Fix for this is now in QA?” “This is our #1 Prioritiy?” “Our stats reflect no change drop rate?” Not sure what words you’d like them to give you to make you feel better about this.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

Posted by: Dominae.3146

Dominae.3146

I noticed something this week I hadn’t seen previously. I am getting level appropriate loot in WvW… but .. not MY level, but the dead person’s level.

Playing a level 76ish character, my group stumbled on and killed a few solo low level people that must have been out gathering or doing map completion. If we’d get a drop, all of us would compare the item’s level to figure out the dead person’s level. lol

Been playing a lot of WvW since the game started and never had that happen before.

I’ve gotten loot the level for the zone, even if I was higher (80 in a level 35-45 zone finding level 39 blues) but not in WvW before.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

[/quote]What more would they say beyond what he said? “Dev is researching?” “Dev is coding?” “Fix for this is now in QA?” “This is our #1 Prioritiy?” “Our stats reflect no change drop rate?” Not sure what words you’d like them to give you to make you feel better about this. [/quote]

Any of the above would be better than the total lack of feedback on this thread, don’t you think? I would say, confirmation of whether this is a bug or intended would be a great start followed by a potential time frame for a fix.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

JaironKalach.4938

I’m not particularly disturbed by the lack of feedback, myself. I don’t feel like we are owed a response every 3 pages, or anything like that. But, now you’re going to make me go search for what was said in the AMA.

I play on Maguuma

Vlad Morbius.1759

I’m not particularly disturbed by the lack of feedback, myself. I don’t feel like we are owed a response every 3 pages, or anything like that. But, now you’re going to make me go search for what was said in the AMA.

I am aware of what was said in the AMA, it was posted several pages back, the issue in questions was raised after the last patch and as many have pointed out it is directly affecting the ability to play for many individuals. I don’t expect a play by play outline of what is going on but something beyond we’ll look into it and it’s a perceived issue would be helpful especially in light that it is a direct conflict to their very own patch notes.

If you aren’t affected by this because you’re dungeon crawling that’s fine but many others are feeling the pressure of not being able to afford to progress characters due to this issue and all I’ve requested is an acknowledgment and an update which after 10 plus days i don’t see as being unreasonable.

JaironKalach.4938

“So yep you are right this is the question i have been likely dodging the most? The reason being is that it requires investigation. Vet and Champs should give good loot and there are a number of reports on perceived decrease in the frequency of drops. I will be discussing this in depth with the Production and Design team tomorrow and we will hopefully have more info soon.”

Okay. I give. That at least implies further communication. It seems it would have been reasonable to give a “We’re still analyzing the incidents and comparing them against our own stats” response. Perhaps one of the Nice CC mods can confirm that for us and post at least that much.

I play on Maguuma

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

Just chiming in to say I only got 1 rare in 3 days of farming Cursed Shore. Something is screwed up.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m really surprised we haven’t heard any more on this since Chris Whiteside’s AMA.

What more would they say beyond what he said? “Dev is researching?” “Dev is coding?” “Fix for this is now in QA?” “This is our #1 Prioritiy?” “Our stats reflect no change drop rate?” Not sure what words you’d like them to give you to make you feel better about this.

Some of those quotes are where he was talking about the rewards at the end of the activities such as Meta events chests or dungeon chests from bosses.

You are right tho I went back and read it. Even tho these questions were not in the original list (listed on the forums here and numbered) He was gracious to answer them last minute.

“So yep you are right this is the question i have been likely dodging the most? The reason being is that it requires investigation. Vet and Champs should give good loot and there are a number of reports on perceived decrease in the frequency of drops. I will be discussing this in depth with the Production and Design team tomorrow and we will hopefully have more info soon.”

I barely caught it, it was stuck at the very end of the conversation and not part of the main question line.

I am now satisfied that they are working on it and will concentrate on other areas of the forums.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

You guys wearing max magic find and food?

Mala.3861

You guys wearing max magic find and food?

Many within this post have actually reported having even worse luck with their MF gear than normal.

Pesonally, I never used MF gear before the drastic decline in good drops. So, I could have at least expected my loot to have been relatively similar in quality as I had seen over the last few months. Not the overwhelming pack loads of junk it became.

However, after this decline I have started using MF food, banners and some gear buffs to see if I could at least return to my previous level of aquiring loot which, as stated, was sans MF. But I have seen no discernable difference with or without it.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Clearly they are trying to persuade people to play dungeons, DEs and WvW definitely yield significantly less loot. As a WvW player the pity of it is they are killing it off with such differences.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Dungeons? If in dungeons you mean FoTM fractals, I havent had a good dungeon drop in two weeks.. FoTM on the other hand…

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

JaironKalach.4938

Clearly they are trying to persuade people to play dungeons, .

I’m going to start posting these quotes from the AMA whenever I see people post this unfounded opinion:

“Really interesting question. Our intention is to deploy ascended components and gear across the whole of the game rather than focus it in one particular location. This was a a mistake and one that we will not be making moving forward. We do hope to find a balance and ensure that the world of Guild Wars 2 is as accessible and populated as possible and moving forward you will be able to see how we intend to execute on this goal.”

“So anyway i kind of went of topic here so in short. We don’t intend to have an item rarity gear treadmill, we intend for the progression for gaining these rewards to have lots of different avenues for different types of player and where possible lower no fun grind within the whole of the game.”

I play on Maguuma

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

Guys, make a check. Either I am on a lucky streak (for the first time in several weeks) or they fixed something. It started with my friend getting loot in WvW – of the quantity and quality of “before the patch”. I immediately came along, got one rare and a hearty mix of other drops. I went to Plinx, made it in time to kill the last wave – bam! – a rare. I am going to try again now, wish someone can test it too to exclude it being just an RNG.

(edited by Aelaren.3784)

Mala.3861

Guys, make a check. Either I am on a lucky streak (for the first time in sever weeks) or they fixed something. It started with my friend getting loot in WvW – of the quantity and quality of “before the patch”. I immediately came along, got one rare and a hearty mix of other drops. I went to Plinx, made it in time to kill the last wave – bam! – a rare. I am going to try again now, wish someone can test it too to exclude it being just an RNG.

My husband and I will run some dynamic events in Orr later and check it out. We can always hope!!

(edited by Mala.3861)

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

New build but no patch notes, time to grab my engineer and hit pent/shelter to see if they fixed drops will update in about 30mins.

wildcode.5403

This issue still exists, did the entire event chain from Caer to Arah, did not fill 30 slots, got more crafting mats/bag/savagable, next was junk, then 8 whites, 12 blues, 1 green. And I had crit numbers going all over the screen with my grenade spamming.

Champs and vets still rarely drop anything.

(edited by wildcode.5403)

Posted by: mangoskin.4852

mangoskin.4852

I wonder if they did fix anything. I logged on to my noob ele after the update, and I found 2 rares after 20 min with no MF. These are the first rares I have found on this character. I’ll do Cursed Shore events later on my main to see how it goes.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Why isn’t that fixed by now????

O.o

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

Logged after update, made all arah chain events, no rares, lots of porous bones and three green items…
And yes, no loot from any of the champions and vets in Arah chain. Got exp for all of them, but no loot.

I could go without that build a bit longer 8( I just made 6 rares before restart and it is more then I`ve done in three weeks playing 3-4 hours a day roughly..

(edited by Aelaren.3784)

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Why isn’t that fixed by now????

O.o

Slowly I’m starting to believe it is not a bug and it is actually intended.. :/

Posted by: Snores.7806

Snores.7806

LOL… we’ll just call it the “Working as Intended” patch then shall we ?

I’ll refer to it as the “Get into fractals or FOB2WOW” patch

So much potential… just wasted.

Mala.3861

Guys, make a check. Either I am on a lucky streak (for the first time in sever weeks) or they fixed something. It started with my friend getting loot in WvW – of the quantity and quality of “before the patch”. I immediately came along, got one rare and a hearty mix of other drops. I went to Plinx, made it in time to kill the last wave – bam! – a rare. I am going to try again now, wish someone can test it too to exclude it being just an RNG.

My husband and I will run some dynamic events in Orr later and check it out. We can always hope!!

Hopes dashed

No difference that we could see.

Vlad Morbius.1759

I truly expected to read a fix on this and am stunned beyond words at the complete lack of correspondence on these. I’ll leave it there as I have nothing good to say about this situation and whoever made the decision to kill open world content with this mess.

Posted by: Kevlon.2341

Kevlon.2341

This is strange, still no word on this after the patch, not even mentioned at all? Its obvious they have seen this thread judging by the responses in all the other threads that popped up about the patch. Just find it funny how quick they were to patch/slow down the Arah bag runs but when the odds are against us making gold there is no fix/response or official statement at all..

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Just finished leveling my ele from 72 to 80 yesterday. I ran mostly Straits of Dev, and one plinx run.

NOT ONE GOLD DROP.

Take that in your pipe, ScroogeNet. That’s beyond reason.

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

Clearly they are trying to persuade people to play dungeons, .

I’m going to start posting these quotes from the AMA whenever I see people post this unfounded opinion:

“Really interesting question. Our intention is to deploy ascended components and gear across the whole of the game rather than focus it in one particular location. This was a a mistake and one that we will not be making moving forward. We do hope to find a balance and ensure that the world of Guild Wars 2 is as accessible and populated as possible and moving forward you will be able to see how we intend to execute on this goal.”

“So anyway i kind of went of topic here so in short. We don’t intend to have an item rarity gear treadmill, we intend for the progression for gaining these rewards to have lots of different avenues for different types of player and where possible lower no fun grind within the whole of the game.”

Ahhh good intentions… those solve all of life’s problems.

…oh wait.

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Diggin.8921

Diggin.8921

Nice, new patch, no loot fix. Way go A’Net.

This game is dying fast while A’net work on crap events and new content that no one uses.

Just fix the kitten loot drops!

edit: haha profanity filter must be set to kindergarten

(edited by Diggin.8921)

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Did the Balthazar event this morning. Just a few junk trophies or nothing from trash mobs & vets alike. No drop from Champion abomination at the end, nor from Risen Priest. Chest gave 2 blues and a green and a couple of crystals/shards which are regular drops from Sparks.
My last post, which was my first post of whining in GW2 history got deleted and I was temporarily suspended. I understand, we all need healthy discussions, and I often request the same from the community. However, my post was to make them notice how easily even loyal customers/fanboys can get frustrated at lack of fixes or atleast a response from their team on the issue which is now 10 pages long. Give us an assurance of a fix in some X days, and we shall quit farming until then, and do something else like leveling alts or whatever. Farming same events with hopes of some ninja fixes only to get junk or nothing, and even no official response on forums is totally discouraging to players who paid for the game and still pay to support.
I’ve decided GW2 will be the last and only game I’d play despite having 200+ games on my Steam library, but now I’m having second thoughts. Biggest frustration I and several others over here have is – increased dye drops received immediate nerf, whereas “nerfed till the depths of hell” loot drops … not even an official response.
Please atleast let us know if you just want to burn your game to ground and you want us to play something else, we all can happily do that. Just say something Anet!

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

(edited by phaneo.4597)

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

How long do you think this thread will be up before it gets a short condescending response then is immediately closed?

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

How long do you think this thread will be up before it gets a short condescending response then is immediately closed?

Ultra-nerfed rare drop rate is “fun and rewarding”. Please grind more or buy gems.

/s

wildcode.5403

Kind of frustrating when one of the GW2 team says there needs to be better communication, yet on this issue, there is no communication. Meanwhile there is communication in other threads, heck the jumping issue got a response and was hotfixed only hours after it was 1st reported.

When can we see a response on this issue, seriously, if it was in our favour it would of been fixed by now.

phaneo.4597

Kind of frustrating when one of the GW2 team says there needs to be better communication, yet on this issue, there is no communication. Meanwhile there is communication in other threads, heck the jumping issue got a response and was hotfixed only hours after it was 1st reported.

When can we see a response on this issue, seriously, if it was in our favour it would of been fixed by now.

Do more jumping in jumping puzzles, so you can either fall to your deaths multiple times or jump across successfully only to be facing the frustrating vet mob at the end, who either gives you a porous bone or nothing. But it’s alright, we got a chest at the end which will give you 1 green, 2 blues and 30copper and some minor sigil which nobody cares about. So yes, jumping is important to have fun in this game.

Oh, I forgot to mention the achievement points you get; 5pts per puzzle, I guess? If Anet lets us monetize these pts in some way in-game, I don’t mind dying multiple times doing these puzzles.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

(edited by phaneo.4597)

Posted by: puffintoast.6501

puffintoast.6501

To me, the thing that rankles the most is the fact that yes, Nexon, Maple Story is free, so you can turn your monetization queen loose all over it to sprinkle her chests and rainbow keys to her hearts content, but there are alot of people that paid full release price for this game so that we could have unlimited access to it in it’s entirety.
Crippling our returns for input in such a cynical and cheap fashion to drive people to pony up for gems to regain what we once had included in our box price is just foul.
I still feel rather bad for the dev team, however. Such a beautiful realization of Tyria they have crafted. Seems a terrible loss to have it so tainted so soon by these unscrupulous new 14.7%’ers.

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

So doing Orr events with MF on still “buugeg/work as intended”?

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

I hopped on just after the update. Was the same as usual (nothing).. Killed the dwayna boss and then the statue (no drops from the boss) got 1 green and a couple of blues from the chest that spawned.. That’s it lol…

wildcode.5403

So doing Orr events with MF on still “buugeg/work as intended”?

Yes, you are still better off without MF with those events.

Posted by: Gnatoay.7581

Gnatoay.7581

Hi ANET un-nerf the drop rate

Day in, Day out; Grinding

(edited by Gnatoay.7581)

Posted by: Gnatoay.7581

Gnatoay.7581

Why can we not demand things?

Day in, Day out; Grinding

phaneo.4597

It is against forum policy to demand anything, anything that doesn’t involve you buying gems.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

phaneo.4597

Phaneo stop going off topic
this is not topic for do we like luck or not but for pure % decrease in drop and devs must see that not some QQ about luck

Next time, I want to buy some gems, I shall ask you to gift them to me. Until then, pls don’t tell me what to do regarding the game I paid for and am still paying for. There was nothing off topic in my last post, which got deleted of course. They made a typo? Fine. Still the drops come down to luck, even the MF gear you use increases your % of luck which is supposed to improve the loot. I use full exotic MF gear incl accessories & jewelery, with MF food, banner buffs, and hell, even some gemshop boosts that ’luck’ily dropped from BL chests.
I know this post of yours was quite long ago, but it irks me that someone can tell me what to do when I paid equal or more amt. than they did for the same game. If Anet has issues or finds any posts off topic, they’ll delete it. Pls don’t do their job for them.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

phaneo.4597

Like “Thanks for the feedback guys! We’ve passed on your feedback to our development team and are looking into it. Hence we’re closing this thread.” ?

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See