Charr and Asura female precursor armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deerbot.3152

Deerbot.3152

No, I do not want to switch to male armor for my females. I want feminine armor for my asura and charr. One that note however, I would like the armor to be ALTERED. Instead of cups, why not change them to wraps or just plain, flat cloth without the pattern that gives it the illusion of cups?

I don’t want a cheap copy-paste. Please don’t take that route, Anet.

Posted by: Bloodchild.2680

Bloodchild.2680

Yes! Absolutely. These are not in line with what we’ve come to expect for female Asura and Charr and further they don’t make sense for the anatomy.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Change it, it looks awful. And then, go drug test the person that greenlit this.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Please change it to male. Neither asura nor charr have two breasts, so breast cups are pointless.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: sheepcreep.7562

sheepcreep.7562

The two races in which the females do not have breasts really DON’T need boob plate. Especially done so poorly. Asura and Charr don’t have human-like breasts and this just looks..silly, to put it kindly.

I could also do without the whole lower armor short skirt/thigh high combo, but hey, off topic.

YES, please change these tops Anet, I’m not sure what you were thinking with these.

Posted by: Answertron.4837

Answertron.4837

Please do change it. There are ways to present a character as feminine without drawing all attention to breasts. To have armour with breasts just feels like the human/norn anatomy and fashion is being pushed too hard on these proud races. Asura and Charr wouldn’t have this kind of armour also because they wouldn’t abide by that level culture invasion.

Long Live the Pale Mother!

Posted by: Eryanarmo.8076

Eryanarmo.8076

Yes, please do. The current appearances are a huge deviation from the established forms, and look quite out of place.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

No

Posted by: Zonetrooper.8367

Zonetrooper.8367

Absolutely yes. I’m not against having some gender dichotomy in armor for the two, but there’s absolutely no reason that dichotomy should be built around something that makes zero sense for those two races.

Posted by: purrbeast.6397

purrbeast.6397

I think the asura look ok but the charr looks quite strange

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

either use the male version or remove the cups so that the armor is still different from the male version but without cups for the breasts those races don’t have

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Posted by: Traediras.8152

Traediras.8152

Absolutely should be changed, particularly for the charr. Anatomy reasoning aside, one would also think that with the charr being a militaristic race, that they’d be smart enough to know that boob-shaped breastplates would be both impractical and hazardous.

Posted by: Shelkart.7048

Shelkart.7048

Yes. The current version looks silly.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Absolutely should be changed, particularly for the charr. Anatomy reasoning aside, one would also think that with the charr being a militaristic race, that they’d be smart enough to know that boob-shaped breastplates would be both impractical and hazardous.

Flat boob-shaped breastplates are not – and plenty of armors already have chest cups.

That said… kitten – On one hand, I absolutely want the boobcubs to go away because they look absolutely ridiculous.

On the other – I liked that we finally got armor that showed off Charr fur.

Posted by: Synapse.7502

Synapse.7502

Yes. Not that I have anything against my female character looking female, but because I have something against my female characters looking ridiculously stupid.

It just looks awful. Please change it to the male version unless you’re willing to design something that looks good on female charr/asura. What you released yesterday makes an asura look like an embarrassed underage belly-dancer. It’s super awkward and needs to be changed. I would pay money to have my character NOT look like that.

Posted by: Archomeda.6472

Archomeda.6472

The best option would be removing the boob part and design something unique for both female charr and asura. Because why does armor always have to be a human centered and then converted to “fit” (read: slapped on and stretched for) asura and charr? Sure, it involves more design work, but you made GW2 offer these playable races, so it’s only fair to also properly support them. Otherwise people don’t want to play these races anymore that much. I mean, it’s Fashion Wars right? If the reason is because that less people play these races, it’s not a valid one. Enough people play these races to justify custom designs.

There is a reason people keep complaining about the lack of armor variety on these two races, and it’s not because of actual lack of armor itself, it’s because of the lack of actual decent looking armor.

Fixes for charr armor: a proper tail-hole, proper holes for the horns and ears (don’t just hide them), proper foot armor, etc. Also, the differences between male and female armor should not be the same as the humanoid races. Especially these boob armors. It… just… doesn’t… fit.
Take a look at the Mistward armor (from the Revenant), now that’s armor that has been well adapted to charr (or maybe specifically designed for charr first and then the other races? who knows…).

Fixes for asura armor: proper headpiece for their ears, proper foot armor because of their toes, etc. The differences between male and female armor apply here as well.

So, yes. If the female design cannot be altered to properly fit charr and asura as I mentioned above, then change it to have them the male variant. It looks way better than the female design.
And while you’re at it, I’ve mentioned the missing tail-holes for charr armor in general. Please do fix the medium set, it’s again… clipping with the tail. Plus that light cultural armor while you’re at it, as it was designed for charr. Then afterwards, try looking at and fixing the rest of the armor in the game. If you manage to do that, people who play these races will be very grateful.

Posted by: luxymonsteri.1078

luxymonsteri.1078

Yes, please, please change the armour on charr and asura. All things considered, it just looks off, and kinda bad honestly.
If you’re going to have bras and boob plates on charr, at least give them 6 because if you’re gonna go silly, might as well go all the way.

Posted by: WhimsicalWalrus.9760

WhimsicalWalrus.9760

yes please change it. It looks awful in its current form

Posted by: BeckonRed.8457

BeckonRed.8457

I vote No, BUT I really don’t think this needs to be an issue regarding how the game is built for the customization of our characters. I think these chest plates should be an optional choice since this has been introduced into the game at this point. Removing of ether of the skins instead of making it optional would probably bring an type of controversy the game or it’s community does not need at all its bad enough as it is. An game such as this with so much customization does not need an poll or an vote on something like this even if one is more lore worthy for the game. People have already seen the design of the chest plates and some like it some don’t. The player base does not need to be anymore displeased or upset about this game over something as small and silly as this, i’d take outrage over ledgendary weapons over this silly issue. Make it optional please, it’ll please everyone and will displease no one.

(edited by BeckonRed.8457)

Posted by: kokuou.9537

kokuou.9537

Yes, please. They look ridiculous.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Not sure if it’s at all possible… but since it’s legendary armor… can a toggle be added that’ll let the player choose?

~EW

Posted by: CoraFern.2475

CoraFern.2475

Yes, as a player with 4 female charr characters, please change it. I’m so glad this is being addressed, thank you MO.

Posted by: VonMansmasher.2679

VonMansmasher.2679

Yes, remove the breasts on the armor and make female armors less skimpy in general. I and many other players I’m sure have no desire to pursue the current precursor armor sets when they offer less protection visually than the male versions.

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

Please change it. The current breastplate looks terrible. Female charrs and asuras just don’t look right with the defined breast plate. It’s like looking at a charr with a human chest.

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

Yes. I don’t play charr and asura for boob plates. They don’t even have boobs!

Jesusmancer

Posted by: ephixel.9708

ephixel.9708

Please change it to the male variant!! Those poor Charr and Asura just look incredibly uncomfortable at the moment. They deserve to have armor befitting of their physiology too!

Posted by: Mint Jelly.2569

Mint Jelly.2569

I have to agree that it should be removed AS PRECURSOR ARMOR.

However! I actually don’t dislike it entirely! I’d like to have the chestpieces remain in some capacity. My Mesmer would totally rock that light chest…but not as a symbol of progress in a legendary journey.

Don’t backpedal entirely, just put them in as something else.

Posted by: Teaniel.9052

Teaniel.9052

I’m unlikely to earn legendary armor myself (not for a while, at least), but I don’t want this become a trend for asura and charr armor. Part of the reason I play asura is to avoid skimpy female options I don’t like, and to just see completely different options when I open the wardrobe tab. This armor looks particularly odd considering asura/charr anatomy. I vote to change it to the male model, though if the toggle Ephemeral Wallaby suggests above is a possibility, that would be a terrific solution.

We’re going to devote our energies to sports, gardening, all the cultural pursuits;
in fact, we’re going to put the goons to sleep.
Meanwhile – we dig.

Posted by: kmoonforest.1679

kmoonforest.1679

Yes. I’m not against feminine or revealing armor for Asura and Charr, but boob armor just looks wrong.

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

If the best it can be altered to is male, please do so. It looks silly on both Charr and Asura currently. I’d rather the Charr armour clipping issues were fixed over giving them human features. I don’t care about ‘SJWs’, I just care about my characters’ looks being consistent. For those who want boobplates for their asura/charr, give them outfits, not Legendary armour.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

(edited by Bellatrixa.3546)

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Yes, the boob breastplates just don’t work imo.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

Posted by: Arrakiv.8703

Arrakiv.8703

No, I would rather you adapt a female variant to charr and asura body types. As someone who plays mostly asura, one of the biggest turn-offs to the game is the lack of variety in the armor and outfits available to my characters.

Putting them into a copy-paste male variant feels about as cheaply done to me as what we’re currently presented with. This is legendary armor. People are probably going to work hard to obtain it. At least make it worthwhile it by providing something unique?

This. The armor is a legendary version of a precursor armor, and it is less adapted for different races than other armor that already exists in the game – particularly (some) gem store armors (aetherblade heavy as an example) and outfits.

As is, I certainly would never use the skin. I also certainly wouldn’t spend the time or effort to make a legendary component for anything but the skin, either.

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

Yes, please. Boobplates/bikini armors on Charrs look completely ridiculous, feels completely disconnected to their lore (they don’t even HAVE breasts in the first place), and completely disregard how you presented the race in the first place.

(edited by PetboyJoshua.3108)

Posted by: Mirai e.9825

Mirai e.9825

SIX OR NOTHING
(Yes, please. Femininity =/= weird boobplates)

Posted by: Delgotta.3817

Delgotta.3817

keep the female variant, but allow a toggle or an option to have the male OR female variant. win-win. those that want to keep with lore get it, and my wifes asura don’t need to be constantly look like they are in drag.

Posted by: Treval.6723

Treval.6723

Yes, if that’s the only option we have in terms of changing it. Personally, I’d prefer to have a variant on the male armor that looks more feminine but isn’t…that.

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

I think if you were to have the armor be more in line with other armor sets on female charr and Asura, it would be fine.

But those huge cups look stupid.

I play mostly charr and have 3 girls. but those armor sets do not get me to even contemplate, trying to find a raiding group.
And i’m an RP-er so armor skins are life for me.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Posted by: TheShortOne.9641

TheShortOne.9641

Maybe if you designed armor for women that wasn’t just a bra-shaped piece of metal, this issue wouldn’t be happening in the first place. I understand the need to cater to everyone’s taste, and I’m all for it- if someone wants to wear a battle bikini, let them!- but there are so few options for light armor that DON’T leave their stomachs exposed, for those of us who like something more practical, that the excuse “oh well people want this” holds no water. Yeah, some people want battle bikinis…there are plenty. Give us some armor that ACTUALLY PROTECTS US. Sorry, my main (fem!sylvari) doesn’t really find it appropriate to flash her navel at everyone she meets.

That being said…a good quick solution to this would be, yes, to change the chest plate to the male variant. Remember…six cups, or none at all ;3

Posted by: Cabe Bedlam.4310

Cabe Bedlam.4310

I am definitely in the camp for changing the armor to the male variant. While I can see why some people want the more “feminine” sets for their characters, the most prestigious set in the game thus far is not the place to have it. Sure, release armor with a boobplate. Heck, make it an outfit for all I care. But please, don’t throw lore out the window on something as significant as this set.

P.S. Also if the final legendary set was designed on a per-race basis I’d love you forever. Please don’t just scale it onto charr.

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

keep the female variant, but allow a toggle or an option to have the male OR female variant.

In a perfect world, this would be my very-much-preferred solution.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

While I am extremely unlikely to raid, let alone raid enough to get the armor and thus my opinion may not matter, I did check it all out in the wardrobe and my response to the female charr version was disbelieving laughter. At least the female Medium version doesn’t have the high heels (which also made me giggle, on a female human).

Yes, please swap to male if you can’t modify the skin to suit female charr. The boob plate looks ridiculous on them. It’s not even in a good place on their chest. And in something meant to lead to Legendary gear, surely you could design in accommodation for tails?

Posted by: Citri.9540

Citri.9540

keep the female variant, but allow a toggle or an option to have the male OR female variant. win-win.

THIS

Instead of getting rid of one style completely and making a big group of people upset, why not have both? Having an option to dress your character with either style or to pick a certain recipe that contains a certain style would be appreciated by all players.

hi im citri u can find me twerking on Blackgate or on citriplays.tumblr.com

(edited by Citri.9540)

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I’m making an assumption that the armor works like the precursors, where there is tiers. What would be neat is, if you go from say, experimental, to the next tier, to the final precursor, for charr, each tier up adds a 2nd set of cups. That way by the precursor you have 6 cups, for the 6 nipples charr have.

(edited by Sorin.4310)

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Maybe if you designed armor for women that wasn’t just a bra-shaped piece of metal, this issue wouldn’t be happening in the first place. I understand the need to cater to everyone’s taste, and I’m all for it- if someone wants to wear a battle bikini, let them!- but there are so few options for light armor that DON’T leave their stomachs exposed, for those of us who like something more practical, that the excuse “oh well people want this” holds no water. Yeah, some people want battle bikinis…there are plenty. Give us some armor that ACTUALLY PROTECTS US. Sorry, my main (fem!sylvari) doesn’t really find it appropriate to flash her navel at everyone she meets.

That being said…a good quick solution to this would be, yes, to change the chest plate to the male variant. Remember…six cups, or none at all ;3

There is plenty of light armor that covers your characters. Have a look here before jumping to conclusions. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Human_female_light_armor

Female light armor is actually the closest you can get to balanced at the moment. On the other hand, male light armor is the exact opposite, almost no choice whatsoever. Still, I do agree that charr females look very weird with boob cups. This armor set is definitely not the one that should be the same across all females.

Posted by: KellyCDB.7138

KellyCDB.7138

Yes, please change it. While I am not opposed to female charr and asura having more feminine armors, boob cups are not the way to go. I doubt there’s any chance of a real redesign at this point, so the male version would be preferable to the boob cups.

Posted by: Karmapolice.4193

Karmapolice.4193

This is something that should have been obvious when looking at the first design drawings of this armor.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I say yes, remove the boob armor because it’s thematically inappropriate. Charr and Asuran females aren’t human females, therefore, they shouldn’t have plates/cups on their chests. It doesn’t matter if it’s flat, the fact that the pieces there in the first place represents the thought that the armor was made first for human-like bodies rather than for the appropriate race.

Don’t even get me started on the insane armor clipping across a multitude of armor sets on these often ignored edge cases (non humanoid female bodies).

Posted by: Chiorix.5361

Chiorix.5361

I understand that any big changes would require a lot more work than you’re probably willing to offer at this point. That’s perfectly fine, and I’ll scale my answer accordingly.

So, short answer: I would personally prefer the male variants on females.

I would like to add (in case anyone cares): This is the precursor for LEGENDARY armor. On one hand, this “isn’t even it’s final form!” but on the other hand, I don’t expect it to change too much on it’s path to legendary status. So, a lot of people’s expectations are riding on this armor. Out of anything cosmetic, this is not a place you should slack on.

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Do charr and asura have large breasts? No? Then why the heck would you put breastplates on their armor? That makes absolutely no sense from a biological perspective. The only reason a charr woman would wear something like that is if she wanted to look human, which in charr culture is an INSULT.

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

1. New feminine skin for Asura/Charr that don’t have human boobplates.

This.

I know it’s greedy, but the ideal way to handle armor, especially a high-prestige armor like this one (thoug certainly not limited to it!), is to design male and female variants specifically for Asura and Charr, not just coerce the Humannornsylvari armor design onto them.

Please, when you make armor sets, please take into account the differing body structures and social norms of each race. I know that means you’ll need to make three or more passes on them, but I think the additional diversity means a lot to the game.

And ArenaNet? I never thought I’d have to say this to you, but please don’t paste breasts onto species that don’t have them.