Communicating with you

Communicating with you

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bel Geode.8129

Bel Geode.8129

Dear lawd I hope the answer is a resounding no, once and for all.

Find Bel Geode- THE Purple Norn on twitch tv.
“Doing The Dailies " Weeknights at 8PM EST.
http://www.twitch.tv/belgeode

Communicating with you

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

Dear lawd I hope the answer is a resounding no, once and for all.

Nuuuuuuu i wanna be able to ride my big white fluffeh bunnehhh!!

Attachments:

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Communicating with you

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

>.<

Yes lets just bundle it all in one go::

Will there ever be flying mounts with capes that duel?

“No, I don’t.”

Communicating with you

Snowmoon.1758

>.<

Meh~ might as well go ALL the way brah:

Will there ever be flying mounts with capes that duel in guild halls with Tengu wearing swimsuits dropping precursor mats in a future expansion based around player housing?

lol what have i done?
feel free to add on folks.

Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Communicating with you

Posted by: Templar.4512

Templar.4512

Yeah, so you’ve had that burst of posts and now you’re silent again. Way to go, ANET.

Also, only replying to happy-go-lucky, positive comments won’t solve the issues of your disgruntled fans.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

>.<

Meh~ might as well go ALL the way brah:

Will there ever be flying mounts with capes that duel in guild halls with Tengu wearing swimsuits dropping precursor mats in a future expansion based around player housing?

lol what have i done?
feel free to add on folks.

Dude, where’s Cantha?

Communicating with you

Posted by: Bel Geode.8129

Bel Geode.8129

Yeah, so you’ve had that burst of posts and now you’re silent again. Way to go, ANET.

Also, only replying to happy-go-lucky, positive comments won’t solve the issues of your disgruntled fans.

Pretty sure they are not in the office yet… it’s what 6AM in Seattle? Even if they are in the office, I imagine patch day is “chicken with no head” day.

Find Bel Geode- THE Purple Norn on twitch tv.
“Doing The Dailies " Weeknights at 8PM EST.
http://www.twitch.tv/belgeode

Communicating with you

Snowmoon.1758

Dude, where’s Cantha?

And Then? And Then? And Then? And Then? And Then?

Andddddddd Thhheeeeeeennnnnnnn??

(edited by Snowmoon.1758)

Communicating with you

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Pretty sure they are not in the office yet… it’s what 6AM in Seattle? Even if they are in the office, I imagine patch day is “chicken with no head” day.

They generally are on the company side. Yes, I speak from having had to serve during a patch day as volunteer CS. It’s terrible

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

The many objections that players have against this feature pack and Anet’s response to those issues in the weeks to come will show us how well they are listening. I’ll give Mike’s sincerity the benefit of the doubt, but ultimately as a developer Anet can only speak with its patch notes and has to deliver on its promises there. The players have certainly spoken, now let’s see that listening happen.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Cross.6437

Cross.6437

The many objections that players have against this feature pack and Anet’s response to those issues in the weeks to come will show us how well they are listening. I’ll give Mike’s sincerity the benefit of the doubt, but ultimately as a developer Anet can only speak with its patch notes and has to deliver on its promises there. The players have certainly spoken, now let’s see that listening happen.

Yeah, this is the first big patch since everything really hit the fan a few weeks back. How they respond now is going to say a whole lot about the kind of sensitivity they have the to community’s expectations.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

So when do the VIP subscription plans start? Because everything else we’re getting lately is a Chinese import

Communicating with you

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Just remember that because of their 2 week cadence/living story, “big” projects cooking in the background, don’t expect them to even start looking at this for at least another 6 months to 1 year.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Thanks for the patch! TP/Faster leveling/class fixes very much appreciated!

Necromancer Main

Communicating with you

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah, this is the first big patch since everything really hit the fan a few weeks back. How they respond now is going to say a whole lot about the kind of sensitivity they have the to community’s expectations.

I wouldn’t get hopes up they’ll reverse direction on the entirety of the Feature Pack. They put enough time and effort into this to offer it up proudly and without chagrin, so I expect they have an attachment to doing these changes.

If I were you, I’d expect them saying often “we are listening to all feedback” without any particular notices . . . the most I could see them doing is perhaps retooling the “New Player Experience” bits just before Thanksgiving.

Mostly because Halloween and Wintersday both have large events for them which aren’t Living Story related and are probably lighter on effort than LS.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Communicating with you

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

I wouldn’t get hopes up they’ll reverse direction on the entirety of the Feature Pack. They put enough time and effort into this to offer it up proudly and without chagrin, so I expect they have an attachment to doing these changes.

If I were you, I’d expect them saying often “we are listening to all feedback” without any particular notices . . . the most I could see them doing is perhaps retooling the “New Player Experience” bits just before Thanksgiving.

Mostly because Halloween and Wintersday both have large events for them which aren’t Living Story related and are probably lighter on effort than LS.

And that all wouldn’t have happened if ANet would simply tell us early enough what they want to do. Seriously, I see the reasons why people think that the “A Fresh Start” thing will help new players, but it makes no friggen sense for me. 5 of 6 new characters are played by “veteran players” and those got kicked in the nuts.
I also don’t like the attempts to tie the gem store further into the GW2 world.

Communicating with you

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

So… the CDI didn’t happen?
For a thread called “communicating with you”, a notice of it not happening would be a responsible step towards said communication.
I get that it must be pandemonium but if I have learned nothing else as a professional, I know that when you can’t commit to an appointment, you give notice of the change in plans, even if you can’t explain. This is pretty basic and critical to trustworthiness…

Communicating with you

Tobias Trueflight.8350

For a thread called “communicating with you”, a notice of it not happening would be a responsible step towards said communication.
I get that it must be pandemonium but if I have learned nothing else as a professional, I know that when you can’t commit to an appointment, you give notice of the change in plans, even if you can’t explain. This is pretty basic and critical to trustworthiness…

Given how few people seem to have any trust in them anyway, I really wish they’d go back to “we think the CDIs would be a waste of resources” line and stick to it.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

What I like the best is the LACK of communication we had after the patch yesterday. With multiple threads saying how much people dislike the new leveling system, many threads having over 100 posts, there was not a single dev brave enough to post in ANY of them.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

How about some communication now?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Communicating with you

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

What I like the best is the LACK of communication we had after the patch yesterday. With multiple threads saying how much people dislike the new leveling system, many threads having over 100 posts, there was not a single dev brave enough to post in ANY of them.

Pretty sure they wouldn’t know what to post. Maybe they’re, I don’t know…fixing bugs and having meetings to decide what to say?

They can’t just come on here and say hi, we know you’re mad, I got nothing. lol

Communicating with you

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

Nah guys, they are communicating with us, just not directly. Liks this new patch, as far as i’m concerned, they just called us all morons! “We think you’re all to stupid to grasp the basic game mechanics so we’re going to moron proof it for you poor simpletons.”

That my friends, is indirect communication. An insult but still communication.

Aww, cheers Anet, I feel so much better now that you’re treating us like a brainless imbeciles.

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

Communicating with you

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Pretty sure they wouldn’t know what to post. Maybe they’re, I don’t know…fixing bugs and having meetings to decide what to say?

Yah, on this one i agree with Vayne. There has been A LOT of venting and Anet is looking to have to head right into a kittenstorm no matter what they say so they want to make sure their first words are chosen well. Add to that that I think a few of them might even side with us on some of whats been said, but their jobs might preclude them from saying so publicly and you have another issue entirely for them to deal with.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Communicating with you

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

I’m still confused. The game still has many weird pictures at the bottom of the screen, apparently called ‘skills’. Arenanet, plz remove skills from game.

Communicating with you

Posted by: gemgenie.4560

gemgenie.4560

possibly also having post patch meetings (crisis meetings!!??)

Communicating with you

Vayne.8563

possibly also having post patch meetings (crisis meetings!!??)

Possibly? Definitely. Wouldn’t you?

Communicating with you

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

But isn’t that why they created this thread? Seems to me like it’s just another broken promise from them. And all they need to do is ACKNOWLEDGE that people are unsatisfied with the games direction and changes made.

And as far as fixing bugs, guess that’s why we only got 1 bug-fix update yesterday after the patch.

Communicating with you

Vayne.8563

But isn’t that why they created this thread? Seems to me like it’s just another broken promise from them. And all they need to do is ACKNOWLEDGE that people are unsatisfied with the games direction and changes made.

And as far as fixing bugs, guess that’s why we only got 1 bug-fix update yesterday after the patch.

It’s not a broken promise. The patch has been out for less than a day now. During that time, I’m sure they were working hard. They’re probably in the middle of another fix right now. I know people think Anet should drop everything and come kowtow to the forums, but realistically businesses can’t work that way.

They have to decide what to say. They can’t all talk without coordinating. What if they say different things.

When this heat is this hot, anything you say you have to say carefully. It’s a lose/lose for them anyway.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Well two things were supposed to happen today

1. Update on CDI and top ten list.
    P.S: Top Ten list will be out before the CDI.
  2. The Guild CDI will be starting on Wednesday 10th.
    Around 2pm PST.

Though anxious for this CDI to start, I am a bit concerned. With all the chum being stirred into these currently shark infested waters… Maybe this is not the most prudent time for Chris W to dip his pigglies!

Communicating with you

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I truly feel very bad for the dev’s who saw this as a mistake and can’t risk voicing those concerns for fear of repercussions and i would speculate that may be the reason for some leaving before it hit the fan. What management needs to do is come here and take the brunt of this for their decisions and not let the focus be on those who had no control over the decisions, unfortunately that is not how many businesses work.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Communicating with you

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

For those wondering where the CDI is I posted this a few days ago. Apologize to those who missed it. I am aiming to get it started this afternoon along with the top ten of how CDI has impacted the game:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Update-Topic-Phase-1/first#post4375941

Chris

Communicating with you

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Sweet!!

Looking forward to it.

But I would reccomend maybe as another CDI taking a second look at this new leveling system, and how it effects vets, and what can be done about it would go a very long way in taking care of your loyal players. Just a thought.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Communicating with you

Posted by: ananda.5946

ananda.5946

Chris, what happened with the update on the Mac client? There was no update.

Also, the Mac client has some issues since the patch and there is no support in the Mac support forum.

Communicating with you

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Sweet!!

Looking forward to it.

But I would reccomend maybe as another CDI taking a second look at this new leveling system, and how it effects vets, and what can be done about it would go a very long way in taking care of your loyal players. Just a thought.

We are keenly looking at all the feedback and will continue to do so.

I am focusing on trying to get the CDI out today as I am already late )-:

Chris

Communicating with you

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Sweet!!

Looking forward to it.

Chris

Cool!

Carry on…..

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Communicating with you

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Chris, what happened with the update on the Mac client? There was no update.

Also, the Mac client has some issues since the patch and there is no support in the Mac support forum.

Hi Ananda,

I have asked for this and I expect there will be a post soon.

Sorry for the delay.

Chris

Communicating with you

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

I really want to concentrate on the CDI so I will publish the top ten CDI impact in the next few days. That way I can just concentrate on one thread.

Chris

Communicating with you

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Sweet!!

Looking forward to it.

Chris

Good, good. I’m sure a lot of us would love to hear what the thoughts were behind some of these changes. We hear that you’re listening now, and hopefully that will turn into some discussion back over the next couple of days.

Knowing that your listening is one thing. Knowing that you care enough to enter a discussion back is another. But still, just having someone confirm that you ARE AWARE of the issues is enough for now.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Communicating with you

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I really want to concentrate on the CDI so I will publish the top ten CDI impact in the next few days. That way I can just concentrate on one thread.

Chris

Not to ruin the good news, i look really forward to the CDI.

however, the whole froum is in flames again after the last one.
Are you (by that i mean the whole leader team) working on adressing these concerns?

I know you are wrapped up in the preperations, but this is not a good sign, more so after the steps you put in motions to be more transperant.

i believe a big step forward here is the way to go and rekindle the trust we had (sadly, past tense here) in you and the company (i wont say that you are the one responsible, but you are often at the front lines and you said some things that are not honored anymore now)

Communicating with you

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Sweet!!

Looking forward to it.

Chris

Good, good. I’m sure a lot of us would love to hear what the thoughts were behind some of these changes. We hear that you’re listening now, and hopefully that will turn into some discussion back over the next couple of days.

Knowing that your listening is one thing. Knowing that you care enough to enter a discussion back is another. But still, just having someone confirm that you ARE AWARE of the issues is enough for now.

We can definitely have a discussion. Personally I am proud of everything we release and the work this amazing team does. I am also proud of all the valuable work that our community has done on the CDI, so it is only natural to not just listen but also want to discuss.

But like I said my focus at the moment is my internal work and the CDI.
I am in a meeting at the moment and then I have a document to finish and then I will be starting the CDI. Super excited.

Chris

Communicating with you

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

But what will the CDI be about? I’m afraid that the changes to the Personal Story won’t be addressed, since talk about it seems to get drowned out by other things. It breaks my heart to think that content from the PS will forever be cut from the game, and that my voice won’t reach ANet’s ears.

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

Communicating with you

Tobias Trueflight.8350

But what will the CDI be about? I’m afraid that the changes to the Personal Story won’t be addressed, since talk about it seems to get drowned out by other things. It breaks my heart to think that content from the PS will forever be cut from the game, and that my voice won’t reach ANet’s ears.

It’s on Guilds.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

The CDI will be about guilds and guild progression as far as i know.

So no, the CDI wont adress our recent concerns

I hope they will openly adress them and dont fall down the PR route. They`ve taken that dive too often in the last few months and i hope they will try another angle this time.

Communicating with you

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Your voice is reaching Arenanet’s ears and the CDI is about Guilds starting with Guild Quality of Life and Logistics Management.

Again I want to make it clear that I am proud of the work ArenaNet does and proud to be part of a team that does listen intently and care. There are definitely bugs and some external miscommunication with the system and I want to listen some more before discussing. Also I am late on this CDI and I want to get started as do others.

I hope that this is something that the community can respect.

Chris

Communicating with you

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

This is a joke right? How were the recent changes to leveling a good idea at all? You’re PROUD to be making things tedious for new players and characters? Really?

Communicating with you

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

There are definitely bugs and some external miscommunication with the system and I want to listen some more before discussing.
Chris

This is interesting.

Chris is saying there has been external miscommunication about the new system. Could it be that you guys realize you went too far with the removing of functions and level gating it too extreme, and it was not supposed to dumb down the game quite this much?

Also don’t shoot the messenger, even though Chris is answering questions, it’s not fair to blame the whole mess on him.

(edited by Traveller.7496)

Communicating with you

Posted by: Templar.4512

Templar.4512

Chris, you may be proud, but there’s been an uproar lately with the latest changes. You’ve also ignored the many complaints about the last ‘feature pack’.

I know you’re required to say those PR things, but are you honestly proud of the amazing team? These guys haven’t even put out half the content other teams managed to, and that’s having taken into account the many skins from the gemstore.

Communicating with you

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

There are definitely bugs and some external miscommunication with the system and I want to listen some more before discussing.
Chris

This is interesting.

Chris is saying there has been external miscommunication about the new system. Could it be that you guys realize you went too far with the removing of functions and level gating it too extreme, and it was not supposed to dumb down the game quite this much?

Hi Traveller,

No not really. I m referring to some videos etc that aren’t quite factually correct in all areas and thus there are some misconceptions being propagated by those that have not played the through NPE yet.

Chris

Communicating with you

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Chris

This is interesting.

no, most likely what he means is that some of the things the game says are locked, arent actually “locked” and they figure thats a major issue.

however, i think he is mistaken, the bulk of the complaints are about the things that actually are locked, not the suggestions the game gives out.

Communicating with you

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Chris

This is interesting.

Hi Traveller,

No not really. I m referring to some videos etc that aren’t quite factually correct in all areas and thus there are some misconceptions being propagated by those that have not played the through NPE yet.

Chris

Do you have a response to reviews from big gaming media outlets (like PC Gamer) who are posting poor reviews of the new leveling system?

The Battle Bakery [vPie]