Confessions

Confessions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I prefer chicken to Dolyak. Well, except in Orr, where I will consume neither… or in Ebonhawke (shudders)

Confessions

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I play my mesmer mostly because it is shiny and has butterfly clone explosions.

I will occasionally say “Persona!” when summoning phantasms. Because butterflies. Y’all know what I mean.
>_>

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Confessions

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

When I see a Charr whose second name is a combination of two words (Fiercepaw, for example) I think it’s dumb and assume the player is an idiot. I’m often wrong about that.

My bright pink charr warrior Snowball Fluffypaw is going to find you and give you a hug. =D Then he is going to get a twinkie out of his pink quaggan backpack and offer it to you.

I love being wrong

Confessions

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

When I see a Charr whose second name is a combination of two words (Fiercepaw, for example) I think it’s dumb and assume the player is an idiot. I’m often wrong about that.

My bright pink charr warrior Snowball Fluffypaw is going to find you and give you a hug. =D Then he is going to get a twinkie out of his pink quaggan backpack and offer it to you.

I love being wrong

<3

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Confessions

Posted by: DarkChaos.4326

DarkChaos.4326

-I regret making my main a human. Especially after getting kudzu/Nightmare armour skins (Ranger).

-I often assume any warrior in the group is terrible after seeing excessive amounts of hundred blades —> never dodge roll --> first to die in group warriors.

-I hate thieves to the point where I will abandon trying to capture anything (and lose credit) if it means killing one. In PvE I will not help thieves unless for the sake of completing a dungeon/fractal.

-When ranger buffs hit I will immediately go roam WvW with “sic ’em” on my bar hunting thieves.

-When roaming in WvW I don’t attack up-scaled level players if I don’t have to.

-I don’t like elitists but I also try to min-max.

-I can’t stand rangers without names for their pets.

-I assume every player is male until proven otherwise.

-I’ve been holding off progress towards my next legendary because I’m expecting them to add another set of weapons or legendary armour.

Confessions

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

-I assume every player is male until proven otherwise

/high five

Confessions

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

-I regret making my main a human. Especially after getting kudzu/Nightmare armour skins (Ranger).

-I often assume any warrior in the group is terrible after seeing excessive amounts of hundred blades —> never dodge roll --> first to die in group warriors.

-I hate thieves to the point where I will abandon trying to capture anything (and lose credit) if it means killing one. In PvE I will not help thieves unless for the sake of completing a dungeon/fractal.

-When ranger buffs hit I will immediately go roam WvW with “sic ’em” on my bar hunting thieves.

-When roaming in WvW I don’t attack up-scaled level players if I don’t have to.

-I don’t like elitists but I also try to min-max.

-I can’t stand rangers without names for their pets.

-I assume every player is male until proven otherwise.

I can relate to this.

Here’s little more.

If i have 1 handed weapons i have to have a matching set in my hands and back item too. I spent way too much gold on that

When i joined my first guild i was scared to say anything to g chat untill i reach lvl 80.

Pvp is a great mood booster for me.

I just spent last 35 gold on phantom cowl in tp and i regret nothing.

Confessions

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

Every now and then i enter a path sellers lfg and say they should be ashamed of themselves. Then exit the group.

Every time i see a staff ele i force myself not to vote kick it from a dungeon, instead i grind my teeth and watch it how he/she spams fireballs with no attument switch ever and then die max range from all of us. Then i don’t res him/her the whole run because f you start using dodge and stop checking your facebook.

I do the same from above when a necro is in a group. Or a ranger. Because max range-spamming 1 rocks.

I change my armor’s apperance way to often. Sometimes weekly.

After i flushed 200gold in mystic forge and only got a few pearl exotics i quit playing for 2 months.

I like like world completion it relaxes me.

I strongly resent people who ping precursor drops on world boss event. I’m jelous besause in 2 years of playing the most expensive item that dropped to me is a hammer worth 20 gold.

I like running fractals even tho i know i’m going to get a uninfused ring on lvl 50.

Once i vote kicked afk-er on the phone after being afk for 10 min because i wanted to finish asuran fractal because Mentalist was on in 30 min on tv and i wanted to watch it.

lots of great reasons why we need a party leader to be immune from kicks

Confessions

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

- My assassin is a female human with a flower in her hair and the underboobs-armor even though
- I hate playing humans since they’re nothing special (You can find them in ANY game)
- I always call my thief an assassin
- My main is a staff-ele with celestial stats
- I like the bifrost for it’s skin
- I leveled my mesmer to 80 only with switching after the endboss in ac
- My Mesmer looks exactly like my main so I don’t get confused when jumping
- I only use my mesmer to port jumpingpuzzles
- I only have 1 character left from when I started playing GW2 and use him as a bank-character
- That character is actually a sylvari thief

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Confessions

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

- I always call my thief an assassin

lol, I find myself doing this a lot as well. I’ll also add that I miss the original assassin mechanics of main hand, off hand, duel and some of the original animations.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Confessions

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

I call an instant kick on any thief that enters my dungeon party.

I cry a little inside when i push my self to throw 70g worth of stuff to rng in the forge everytime.

Got the under water pre after i bought one and its my only pre after playing for 5.5k hours.

Transmuted my lower rarity gear to exotic thinking i was putting the skin on the exotic instead of the exotic skin on the lowe rarity.

Made a norn ranger, got it to 80, spent 200g on it, neglected it and made a salad ranger.

Made a charr warrior, got it to 80, spent 800g on it, neglected it and made a human warrior.

Spent 1.5k gold on transfering servers…

Most deaths to cliffs than players.

bought full set of medium dungeon armor on warrior GG

Linking everything in my inventory that is below 3s , when ever someone links a legendary.

Ran a signet build and thought it was good…

Confessions

Morsus.5106

I ran Sword/Sword Warrior in PvP because I liked impaling other players on a sword. I then got the highest score for killing players on him despite the fact I’d only just made the character.

My Guardian is still my favorite character 600 hours in.

I have 2 level 80s, but only log onto the Warrior to craft the stuff for Mawdrey.

The only other time I logged onto my Warrior was to fight Liadri with a Rifle bleeding build.

Confessions

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I think people who play other genders are creeps (unless it’s a game where you have no choice. Then it’s fine.

So people who play Charr are into bestiality? Way to sap the role play from a mmorpg.

Confessions

Morsus.5106

I think people who play other genders are creeps (unless it’s a game where you have no choice. Then it’s fine.

So people who play Charr are into bestiality? Way to sap the role play from a mmorpg.

I was more referring to people who role humans as other genders, but if someone is playing an opposite gender Charr because he/she is “into bestiality” then yes, they are a creep.

Confessions

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I strongly prefer harp playing to PVP content.

I am afraid of most sharks in Gw2 due to a phobia, and because of that avoid the orrian ocean, -especially- where the megalodon spawns. I’ve been forcing myself to deal with them to overcome this.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Confessions

Posted by: Aphiroth.4608

Aphiroth.4608

Once i vote kicked afk-er on the phone after being afk for 10 min because i wanted to finish asuran fractal because Mentalist was on in 30 min on tv and i wanted to watch it.

That’s the best thing i’ve heard all day.

Haarbren – 80 Guardian | Koporovarr – 80 Ele
(Far Shiverpeaks)
“You’re all fart, and no poo.”

Confessions

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

-I can’t stand when someone uses the “it’s just a game” phrase when trying to justify why they should have item x or why it should be easier to get item y. The fact it’s a game doesn’t mean it should be easy or any less important than anything else you do in life.

-I don’t understand people who refuse to play an aspect of gw2 be it Pvp, Dungeons, Jp’s etc, an MMO is about completing a large verity of tasks not focusing on one specific activity.

- If you’re wearing full CoF armour I instantly assume you’re new or going to die rapidly as it is one of the easiest to obtain zerker sets and overused.

-I wear Celestial armour all the time except for when I encounter a challenge I can’t complete in it, so far that has only been liandri.

-I think the game is far too easy and that the players have been babied too much, any time something hard is added whiners keep asking for it to be made easy or the reward released elsewhere, they wouldn’t last 10 minutes in a full on classical or competitive MMO.

-I find E-sports in any game to be boring and repetitive and generally a stupid idea, I think PvE or PvEvP based extremely challenging puzzles and combat senarios would create a more varied and fun to watch activity compared to seeing the same gimmick build being used every game in the same tiny map.

-I honestly believe that top/veteran/skilled players are entirely justified in expecting rewards unique to high end content that the majority of players won’t have access too, skill and mastery should be rewarded, repetitive grinding should be punished as you’re not learning or experiencing all of the game.

-I liked the living story S1 format as it gave unique rewards that would become super rare in a few years time but would have liked it coupled with more substantial content or an expansion.

-I dislike the way S1 rewards and other hard to obtain items get re released far too easily as it destroys prestige and the idea of truly rare items which are one of my favourite aspects of MMO’s.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Confessions

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

i am the hero Quaggan deserve, and the hero they need right now.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Confessions

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

I like this thread.

Lets see…

• I never have more than 100g with me because I’m addicted to Mystic Forge
• When I have more than 100g,or enough to buy a stack (250) of rare weapons I’ll spend it and try my luck at the MF.
• I got Zap from MF when I bought 90g worth of Swords,sold it for 700g (I think) and wasted it all on more rares,and I got nothing from it…My “richness” lasted like 10 hours.
• I thought that using random rares (like 1 hammer,1 axe,1 sword and 1 bow) had a higher chance at precursors (with the drawback of getting any precursor,even the cheap ones).
• Got The Hunter with random rares like I said above,sold it for 900g and bought 750 rare Shortbows,got nothing,I was poor again,this time I got poor really fast (I had 900g with me for like 5 hours)

• I just can’t play with so much gold in my inventory,I think it is a waste if it is just laying there…but I also regret so much when I waste it all and get poor again…to the point of making me stop playing the game I like.

• I always stop playing if I fail at the Mystic Forge,and come back after 1 month,farm,get money again,waste it and stop playing again etc…

• My first character was a Thief,but I despise other thieves because I used to hate Assassins in GW1 because of Random Arena.

• I stopped caring about meta,now I happily use my main (Warrior) with a Sword/Shield build,because I love the feeling of having a Shield.

• I despise Greatsword warriors (most specifically Norn Male Warriors with CoF armor and Molten Greatsword),I think they only made them because of CoF farm and not because they love warriors (like me)

• I also like to use Hammer or Sword/Sword for lulz

• I usually don’t say “Thanks” when people ress me in World Bosses because I think people don’t care if they get a Thanks or not,but I actually feel bad for not saying it.

• If I’m the only one dead,and people actually stop what they are doing to ress me,then I feel obliged to say Thanks,and I try to return the favor and I keep on eye on them,and if they die,I’ll stop what I’m doing to ress them (even if I die again in the process)

Confessions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

But that’s how Charr last names work…? One half of the word is the warband, the other half is their specific designation in the warband. Fiercepaw for example would be Fierce of the Paw warband.

I totally spent twenty minutes last night following the same asura around repeatedly blasting her with cake, because her color scheme perfectly matched the frosting and I thought the coincidence clever.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Confessions

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I am actually afraid of guardians.

Every time I see one in PvP I go:“Nope” and turn around.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Confessions

Morsus.5106

I am actually afraid of guardians.

Every time I see one in PvP I go:“Nope” and turn around.

If you ever fought me you’d know not all of us are good.

Confessions

Rauderi.8706

• I usually don’t say “Thanks” when people ress me in World Bosses because I think people don’t care if they get a Thanks or not,but I actually feel bad for not saying it.

• If I’m the only one dead,and people actually stop what they are doing to ress me,then I feel obliged to say Thanks,and I try to return the favor and I keep on eye on them,and if they die,I’ll stop what I’m doing to ress them (even if I die again in the process)

If you have time to say Thanks, you have time to DPS.
;)

I actually try to save downed/defeated players, and I always feel a little bit bad when I’m rushing to them and they respawn at a waypoint.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Confessions

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

I once decided not to rez a teammate in wvw because they were an Asura.

I regret nothing!

And when the Asuran Dominion rises, you shall suffer greatly for it!

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

Confessions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

• The only problem I have with rangers is their excessive use of knock back in PvE that seems to serve only one purpose: knocking a boss/champ out of my Ice Bow 4

My friend does this to me all the time with his engi. …while I’m using my greatsword.
I’m trying to find the right way to let him down easy.

The guy I party up with, his ranger does that while I’m meleeing on my guard.

[grits teeth] >.>

Confessions

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Let see-

When it come to SPVP I only joined the team that has the most heavy armors (Warrior or Guardian) players as I find that team to win most of the time. If there is no Warrior or Guardian, I joined the team that has the least Ranger and Thief as I find them to be least useful. In saying so however I have seen a team of thieves winning a match.

I’m terrible as a Mesmer, Engineer and Thief in SPVP, seriously how the hell do pro people played them so well???

I tend to run pass defeated/ people need ressing to ensure I do some damage to the champ in WvW including capturing a land or camp.

I regret making an Charr Guardian and Asura Engineer since I could of been the other way around (I liked their cultural armours). My Guardian became my favoutie (useful and high surivial rate) but it’s so annoying when it come to jumping puzzle including small tunnels like Troll’s End.

Speaking of characters, I regret that it took me three times to get my Sylvari Elementist right! Weeks after making it, I created him again because his colours combo was unappealing afterall (purple skin and orange hair) and I dislike the name given to him. Some time later when I got a Total Makeover Kit, I find him being a female far more appealing (which is also the first time that I played as a female in rpg) but I end up buying a name changer scroll since my character name is male!

(edited by Renkencen.6127)

Confessions

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

I tend to run pass defeated/ people need ressing to ensure I do some damage to the champ in WvW including capturing a land or camp.

I do that more than I would like to.

Sorry people,but loot is loot.

@Edit

Also,one more:

When I play sPvP (which is a bit rare),I start with my Warrior.
Then I die to a Mesmer,and think “Wow,stupid profession,its so OP”
Then I switch to my Mesmer (I feel ashamed),and I die to a Thief.
“Wow,stupidly overpower profession….” and I switch to my Thief.

Then I die to a Ranger
“kitten …Ranged looks like the way to go,Melee is sobad”

Then I switch to my Ranger…

I should just accept the fact that people are way better than me in sPvP,and there is no bad profession,but bad players.

(edited by Sorean.5379)

Confessions

Posted by: Tank.7821

Tank.7821

I have 6 80’s, log in and spend the next 30 mins thinking about which character to use and end up using my warrior anyway

Confessions

Posted by: Rath.6248

Rath.6248

- I silently get angry and insult any commander who isn’t leading a zerg…
- I get really angry when I see a guild doing guild missions and there are 6-8 commanders…
- From time to time I join duel arena’s and yell surprise buttsex as I leap into the fray uninvited.
- When I see an NPC Asuran say one of their lines I swear profusely under my breath calling them little kittens and f*****g b******s… (I have a swearing problem…)
- I get really salty when I hear warriors say “Come on, hit me!”
- I have major inventory OCD and often times hold up dungeons while I situate or salvage loot I find.
- I have way to many things in my inventory just for the sake of collecting.
- Often times I choose fashion over practicality when it comes to my weapon choices. ( IE: trying to make a DPS warrior with Sword/Shield cause it looks kitten.)
- Sometimes I become very sarcastic to anyone who argues in map chat and say things like “Hey let’s all argue some more, cause thats really productive!”.
- My final confession is that I am extremely self conscious about how much I talk in guild chat. Often times I think everyone hates me cause I annoy myself by how much I talk or what I say.

Confessions

Oxidia.8103

That’s the best thing i’ve heard all day.

In my defense it was a really good episode

I strongly prefer harp playing to PVP content.

I am afraid of most sharks in Gw2 due to a phobia, and because of that avoid the orrian ocean, -especially- where the megalodon spawns. I’ve been forcing myself to deal with them to overcome this.

People may find this funny but there is nothing funny about phobias. I’m rooting for you you can do it ! Baby steps.

Confessions

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

In PvP, I have this tendency of being a turncoat over at the winning side because I get outnumbered very easily.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Confessions

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I enjoy seeing/reading when people do not understand the purpose to threads and that sarcasm and satire are lost on them completely.

Considering how OP kept defending his/her arguments, I don’t think it was sarcasm or satire.

You should consider tweaking your sarcasm detector, man. It’s giving false positives.

On topic:

• Seeing people kill certain ambient creatures makes me sad. Armadillos, specifically.
  • I’ve grown so accustomed to PuGs that I can’t efficiently partake in a more organized group.
  • I always attempt to make fresh 80’s follow the path of the Berserker. Sometimes even going as far as to buy them gear and weapons.

EDIT: Formatting.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Confessions

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

*When the Molten FaciIity was introduced, tricked an achievement hunter to jump off a plattform into the lava by telling him that you could get 5 achievement points for it.

*I crafted 5 different ascended weapons with Healing power as a main stat, because I wanted the white skins.

• I have spent more than a 1000 g on total makeover kits.
  • I was bored one afternoon and decided that I wanted Frostfang. I was done making it several hours later, after buying all the mats off the TP, and after a madness of clicking turning cores into lodestones. After that, I was totally broke, and haven’t had more than 100 g.
  • I have 2 level 80 necros, and 2 level 80 rangers.
  • With every living story release, I hope that Taimi dies.
  • I keep outfitting backup characters with ascended armor for WvW, yet I never play anything but guardian there. I love wacking my staff and getting loot.
  • Once I emptied all the supplies in Stonemist to get some of the season 1 WvW achievements.

*I deleted over 50 stacks of bloodstone dust and went on holidays. When I returned, Mawdrey was introduced. I can barely manage to feed my plant once a day now

• I have been running daily fractal 49 since the past year and a half, and I still have trouble doing the final walk to the double chest seals on the Cliffside Fractal.
  • I farmed COE for charged lodestones and got enough for Sunrise and Foefire’s essence, yet I have jumped the lasers only once.

*Every time I decide to run a new charcter to the Cursed shore, I manage to get lost in the Straits of Devastaion and fall to my death off cliffs by the temple of Balthazar. Then I have to restart the running from Fort Trinity.

*I spent all my PvP glory (and it was a lot) buying Wintersday gifts. Then I discovered the NPC that sold the Tomes of Knowledge… I did however get a stack of Charged crystals, before their drop was nerfed…

*I like Trahearne.

Confessions

Rauderi.8706

• Seeing people kill certain ambient creatures makes me sad. Armadillos, specifically.

I won’t kill raccoons. ;__;
Birds are totally fair game, though.

Many alts; handle it!

Confessions

Oxidia.8103

I think Lord Faren looks awesome in his speedos. There, i said it.

There is even a song about it.
:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JQMVbpwfJuc

(edited by Oxidia.8103)

Confessions

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I hate all Mesmers. I don’t generally have a hard time fighting them but something about fighting them feels aggressive and I really dislike it. I also find that the majority of Mesmer players are jerks although that has been entirely personal experience.

I actually loved Scarlet Briar both as a character and as a concept.

None of my characters are white. Not because I’m racist and not because I’m black myself but because I find there is a massive lack of black characters and I like to be individual.

After the patch I’ve come to hate my own profession. I love my Ranger to bits, it’s my main character and I play it non-stop but ever since the huge influx of people dusting off their Rangers or creating new ones I’ve come to hate every other Ranger |: <

I make more friends than what’s probably acceptable with people on offending servers in WvW. I like to use tonic’s, instruments and toy’s to show my neutrality which often leads to playful duels and conversations.

I try to outrun and/or avoid people from my own server when roaming in WvW because I find I die a lot more often when other people are with me.

The Elementalist I recently made is a Norn in T2 cultural armor. I only made her a norn so I could ogle her massive ebon cleavage. And I’m a woman. Shoot me, she has a nice chest.

I have every toy (excluding mini’s) in the gem store…

I like to play “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” on the harp on top of people’s corpses when I kill them in WvW.

I absolutely, passionately hate Marjory and Kasmeer. I appreciate GW2’s attempt at being supportive of homosexual relationships but I cannot stand how they’ve chosen to present it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Confessions

Posted by: Belidos.3704

Belidos.3704

I actually type kitten instead of waiting for the forum filter. It’s affected my actual swearing.

I confess I had no idea why everybody kept mentioning kittens on the forums and was too scared to ask in case it was an in joke kind of thing.

Confessions

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I confess to actually type out the word kitten any time it’s visible in one of my forum posts. I also get really annoyed at how straight up regular English, can be filtered into a kitten. Try shortening “is it not” using the word isn’t.. I very rarely go into Edge of the Mists, then blow up bridges under the feet of my own team, if the queue is too long to get into EB or a Borderland right away. Hey, don’t look at me like that! It doesn’t cost anyone anything, and it’s not like it hampers the war effort or anything.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Confessions

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Staff fire ele is the highest DPS in game. It is the go to build for additional eles in a party, with one going scepter or dagger focus for might stacks. Just wanted you to know. You should be pleased when you see a staff ele not attunement swapping unless they need to stack swiftness or want to use their earth blast.

Spamming 1 all the time with 3 signets and not moving at all at boss fights? No thanks.

Staff ele on mai trin? Witnessed today it can’t last literally 5 seconds in a fight.

Staff ele is fine on www when you need to control the crowd with stuns and freezes, but it is useless because bosses go right though it on dungeons.

I run my staff ele in dungeons when I want to be lazy. I can, however, survive at Mai Trin, and run the trait to do more damage within 600 range. Maybe people don’t realize staff ele doesn’t lose dps by being close to the target.

I loathe people who have to switch characters during a dungeon, or make everyone stop so they can retrait/change armor.

I both love and hate running dungeons and fractals with my friends. I hate the intermissions in between paths, I hate waiting to decide what to run, I hate waiting for them to switch to an alt at the end, I hate it when they insist on bringing a class they’re bad at/running a bad build/not full zerker, I hate feeling obligated to res them when I know they’ll just down again in a few seconds. But I love that they also put up with all of this from me.

I used to pride myself in playing WvW 90% of my game time. I spent loads of gold upgrading towers and keeps, building defensive siege, defending, calling out for help in guild chat, joined a WvW guild. I have slowly become a PvE scrub.. and I think it happened when I found Xanthium of Dreams in Aetherpath. And it felt really good when everyone was jealous of me. Because in nearly two years, it’s the only thing close to a precursor I’ve gotten.

I lied. I have gotten three precursors: I won Rage in a guild raffle. Then I threw random exos into the MF and got Rage. The next morning, I threw more exos into the MF and got Rage again (and was so angry I just gave it away to a friend). I don’t count Rage as a precursor, so it really grinds my gears when my friends say, “You can’t complain now. At least you’ve gotten a precursor from the forge.”

I will not res the people who stack and die at fire elemental and golem. I just yell at them about how they shouldn’t be standing in the death stack.

I will not res people at the race in Dry Top. I get really upset and start screaming in map chat, “WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP REZZING AFK’ERS. THEY’RE LEECHERS WHO ARE SCALING UP THE EVENTS!”

I bought a commander tag so that other commanders would know where my mesmer was when hiding in a keep/tower.

I join squad at world boss events, and then tell everyone in map chat to do the same, so that they too can see their mini maps again.

I love small (2-5 per side) group fights in WvW, yet I’m terrified of PvP. I am extremely jealous of PvP reward tracks.

Confessions

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Sometime my characters sneak into NPCs houses and pretend not to be a homeless wondering monster murderer.

:(

Confessions

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Well might aswell join in…

- I own the hunter and all gifts required to make it the predator but i despise legendary
weapons.. especially the greatswords.

- I also think legendaries are not legendary at all, just legendary gold sinks.

- I play charr engineer and i always get jealous if i see all these beautifull and well made
armors on humaniod characters and curse a-net inside my head everytime i see one
that looks imo better then me

- I find pvp utterly boring and too streamlined (what hopefully will change one day)

- I hate meta builds cause they lack any personality and the people who want to force
them down your throat, cause else you “dont play it right” in their eyes

- I miss the clockwork beasts and other “creations” of scarlet as much as i miss her
(and i miss her a lot)

- I HATE that human female hairdo with the flower, makes me foam out of my mouth
when i see it.

- Since the mega server is in place i start to hate groups of players.. specially when i try
to solo a champ there ALWAYS will be 3-5 (or more) people arround that just stand
there and auto attack from range or dance arround like they would be in actual
danger to get hit… what they are not.

- I cant stand the LS season 2 to the most part, though i do appreciate the new bosses and monsters that got something fresh to them. Good job a-net

- I cant stand the COF dungeon armors anymore cause its arround every corner

- I would love more armor skins and kitten designed weapons rather then another set
of minis or another version of these gathering tools and roll my eyes everytime they
more of them.

- I HATE these darn outfits and often shout out " WHY THE HELL DONT YOU MAKE
THESE TO SKIN PACKS TOO YOU MORONS?!?!" when i see a new one added or i see
parts of one id love to use on my own armor.

- I on the other hand love the toys and boxes of fun cause they are enjoyable. Especially
the musical instruments are so well made that its hard to hate them.
Again good job on these a-net

- Everytime i equip an engineer kit id wish to have a voodoo doll to poke with nails
of the guy who decided they need to overwrite my armor´s backpiece.

- I keep these minds to myself in the game and dont judge people who do what they
want to do cause im not a party pooper. I understand that tastes differ and i dont feel
like i need to be an kitten about it in the game.. but i just love to let out steam about
these issues in the forums in hope it might affect something what it prolly never will.

Confessions

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

- I HATE that human female hairdo with the flower, makes me foam out of my mouth
when i see it.

Forgot to add this one to my original post. +1

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Confessions

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

-I got my precursor (Dawn) from droping 4 random rare greatswords on the MF, no spamming. I took a picture with my cell phone and sent it to my friends who had been playing a lot more and for a longer time than me. 3 of them stopped playing GW2 after that, the other one became a casual player -sold Dwan to get Dusk and craft Twilight-

-I use camera angle to see female player’s underwear when they’re wearing a short skirt (only Human and Norn).

-I mock people often by using emotes (sit, cower, laugh) in tpvp once I kill them. I only do this when I’m certain my team will win the match.

-I play easy mode in tpvp (Summonmancer and Hambow Warrior). I win a lot of matches and rarely die on a 1 vs 1.

-I change my necro build to fearomancer when playing Skyhammer just to make people fall off the ledge over and over again. I get insulted a lot by doing this.

-I don’t res bearbow rangers when I’m in a pug (if they’re melee and have spotter that’s another story).

-I leave dungeon pugs when I see that one or more players isn’t lvl 80. I also leave if, after a while, I realize I’m the only zerker in the group (I run dungeons with Guardian Warrior or Ele). Also will leave if there’s more than 1 of these: Bearbow ranger, Condi Necro, Healing Engi and Bunker Guardian. I don’t usually run dungeon pugs if most members don’t have 5k AP at least.

Confessions

Oxidia.8103

Once upon a time it was a cloudy day and i decided to do some pvp. I was still learning and i decided to do a few spvp. As the timer was counting down, a certain ranger joined and asked a gold from each player or we lose.

We refused and talked asking among ourselves is this reportable? Sadly it wasn’t.

As we played the same ranger danced on our corpses and made fun of us all the time. We lost.

I screenshoted him.

Around a year later i joined a tpvp party and as we entered i noticed on the oposite party that same ranger that blackmailed us.

I didn’t say anything to my party but in my head the mortal combat theme song was playing and it was on. It was mortal combat on.

During the match the ranger kept picking on me not knowing that we previously met. I was playing my ele and owned him every single time then jumped on his corpse untill he ported. He whispered me few times and cursed at me.

We were around 100 points ahead of them then i whispered him: hi! Remember me? He said no then cursed again.

Then i said… give me one gold and i will leave you alone

He stopped whispering me and i didn’t see him the rest of the fight

(edited by Oxidia.8103)

Confessions

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Every now and then i enter a path sellers lfg and say they should be ashamed of themselves. Then exit the group.

You…do know…some people can solo the path for sale? Not every path seller is a greedy money-making-kick-poor-random-troll.

Edit: oh wow, I just now notice this is a necro thread. GG on me.

Confessions

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I confess I occasionally post on necrod threads.
I also write short sentences.

Confessions

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Generally “Post your” threads are alright to necro.

Technically this is a post your confessions thread.

- I confess I often give my self up to the nearest Lunatic Courtier as soon as a round starts.

-I confess, I’m the one who keeps downing people with ice bow when Lunatic Inquisition initially loads.

- I confess I spent more than an hour (as a Lunatic Courtier) murdering the same two villagers last night as they kept hopping up on the SE corner.

- I confess I’m trying for the Lunatic Inquisition 50 achievement points again even though I hated it last year. I like the game, but I do not like doing it 80 times in two weeks.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Confessions

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

1. I generally enjoy teaching new players how to do things and I will take any appropriate level into a dungeon…Most of my friends think I’m rather “Elitist” because I speed clear all the things all the time.

2. I run non-meta builds on purpose with classes people think are rubbish just to see if people say anything or kick me. You’d be surprised at how little this actually happens.

3. to supplement this I take GREAT GREAT pleasure when someone who has expressed negativity toward me for playing something “different” dies/gets downed/generally messes up and I do flawlessly. Mostly this happens in fractals when the party wipes and I finish off the boss/encounter solo just because I know the actual mechanics.

4. I got a Second account and when the NPE came out I pretended to be completely new to the game and I used map chats and party chats etc. to ask questions I knew the answers to just to see if people would troll me or help me. You’d be amazed what you can learn about a community when you do this. Long story Short: I made some cool friends. The experiment lasted until I got my first 80 and anyone who went out of their way to help me, the day I turned 80 I sent everyone who was nice to me 25g and told them the truth. (a funny story about my second account – When the game started there was a mix-up with Gamestop (they over sold the CEs in my area) and when ANet Temp-Banned me because I didn’t have my proper key yet (ended up waiting 6 weeks extra) after the 5-day grace period I bought a second account. I never played it after I got this account back until the NPE )

5. I flirt with every Male Norn I see… I love norns.

6. I loathe people who call anyone by their class and not their name. In return I always will type out someones name when I am talking to them.

7. I prefer to pug than run with friends when I am having a bad day so I don’t accidentally hurt their feelings.

8. If you assume I am a male when you talk to me I will correct you that I am indeed a female, and I will generally dislike you for awhile. No idea why I do this it just irks me to know end.

9. I loved Living World Season 1,and I found Scarlet to be a fantastic villain that tugged on my personal love of The Joker.

10. I genuinely love to have “link Parties” in Map chat, Party chat, Guild Chat, any chat! I love when people start linking random things they have. And I love linking back. I enjoy the conversations it spawns and the cool people I meet. I am actually happy when I see someone who got a cool drop at a boss/event and I always “grats” them, and I hope that those same people are happy to grats others that do the same.

11. I say my main is my guardian but that is only because no one questions me on my guardian. I actually love to play my Necromancer more than anything else.

12. I made my mesmer simply to port random people to teh ends of JPs.

13. I ask for help/donations in Map Chat on LA regularly on a unknown character alt. When people send me money I send it back + more.

14. my best weapon (foefire’s essence) was given to me but I sometimes lie and say I crafted it myself =/

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

(edited by Paradox.1380)

Confessions

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

My Block List is insanely long, something I very much appreciate as opposed to Guild Wars’ twenty limit. You don’t have to do much to get on my Block List, it could range from not Reviving me to poor word choice. I’ve only ever gone out of my way to block someone from the forum once, someone that always types what I agree with.

Confessions

Posted by: Yenrah.8532

Yenrah.8532

I believe that Charr and Norn males are the only men in this game.
When I see a human pretty boy in my party on PvP, I quit the match.
All of my characters have random silly names.
Being from Piken Square, I have never seen good RP in GW2. I only ever met RPers thinking it’s all about being as pompous as possible. I might have destroyed a few RP sessions with my comments/creative writing advices.
I always turn off sound when playing female Norn. Can’t stand this bland voice of a rubber potato.
I always run in when I see a fight of two enemy servers on WvW. My necro will get credits for 2/3 of both zergs before she dies.
I believe that Sylvari are just a better version of elves. Why better, you ask? Well they’re made of wood, making it a lot easier to burn them. Smells nicer, too. (Well, I really dislike elves. Sorry, salads.)
I gave away the only precursor that ever dropped for me. And it dropped after half a year of wasting money on Mystic Forge.
I made Sunrise and gave it to my Charr ranger although I always believed it to be one of the ugliest skins in the game. But I have way too much money and there is nothing better to spend it on.
I wish all the LS main characters except Taimi died.
Both of my Charr males wear armor that doesn’t cover their furry backs. I love looking at their backs when they run.
Warriors are the most boring class of all. Mine is a mule.