Disappointed at AP rewards.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

OP, honestly I feel for you since you don’t like the aesthetic of the new stuff. You’re right, you now have no more reason to try to advance your AP than you did before this system was implemented, and that does suck.

But realistically, what do you expect them to do? There’s just no way they’d be able to make armor and weapon sets that appeal to everyone. Look at the current armor in the game. Is there any single set that is universally loved? I’d say no way, though there are certainly some that are preferred by large portions of the players, like Arah armor. I think that’s probably what they were trying to do with these sets.

Lots of people like scary fiery looking armor, so they did some pieces like that, even though we already have a fire set. For the people who don’t like that look, they tried to do something that is the exact opposite as well, very shiny, almost holy warrior-esque armor. I don’t like either one of them very much, but honestly, it looks to me like they were trying to appeal to as many players as possible in designing these sets, so I can’t very well be offended that they haven’t given me a set that really caters to my taste.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

They’re not going to make 20 sets of skins, hoping you’ll like one of them. What you’re asking simply isn’t reasonable.

How can other companies make hundreds of skins if ArenaNet can’t?
They can if they want to. And the cry for more skins & customization is groving strong…

I’m only asking for more options to chose from, and it requires a new solution of AP rewarding.

Not to mention the common problems with the designs – if everything has some detail we don’t like – example: Big butts, unreasonable giant metal pieces, etc – then a lot of skin goes to the style sink.
Another problem is the unreasonable different shapes & pieces of same skins. ex: Hoods.

Anyway, I’m happy with the Azureflame skin, even if it would be mutch cooler if were black and black flaming – or gold, or midnight rose — so I’m waiting for the customizations. But more important: I’m waiting for the sheating animation fix nearly for a year.

I even like the armor set I made, even if I want it to have more reinforced look as I’ve posted in the Ranger forums. We’ll see how far they let us go…

So there is a way how can they make really good for skins everyone – we just have to guess what? to Wait. This is exactly why we need a better crafting/post-craft custom crafting system.
For example: Azureflame+Abyss Dye+Paint Blueprint+10 MF Stone = Ascended Black textured Azureflame

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

They’re not going to make 20 sets of skins, hoping you’ll like one of them. What you’re asking simply isn’t reasonable.

How can other companies make hundreds of skins if ArenaNet can’t?
They can if they want to. And the cry for more skins & customization is groving strong…

I’m only asking for more options to chose from, and it requires a new solution of AP rewarding.

Not to mention the common problems with the designs – if everything has some detail we don’t like – example: Big butts, unreasonable giant metal pieces, etc – then a lot of skin goes to the style sink.
Another problem is the unreasonable different shapes & pieces of same skins. ex: Hoods.

Anyway, I’m happy with the Azureflame skin, even if it would be mutch cooler if were black and black flaming – or gold, or midnight rose — so I’m waiting for the customizations. But more important: I’m waiting for the sheating animation fix nearly for a year.

I even like the armor set I made, even if I want it to have more reinforced look as I’ve posted in the Ranger forums. We’ll see how far they let us go…

So there is a way how can they make really good for skins everyone – we just have to guess what? to Wait. This is exactly why we need a better crafting/post-craft custom crafting system.
For example: Azureflame+Abyss Dye+Paint Blueprint+10 MF Stone = Ascended Black textured Azureflame

Name one other company that has “hundreds of skins” in their game for armor choices.

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

gets free stuff
complains

Meme worthy, truly.

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I fixed it.
————
Dear Devs,

Thank you for the AP rewards, its nice to get a little something for our achievements. I like some of the skins, but the style doesn’t mesh very well with my taste or my characters’ style. I don’t mean to complain I just mean to suggest that if possible, please consider adding additional styles of weapons/armor skins that could be unlocked. The variation in styles would go a long way to ensuring that all players are able to enjoy this gift you have provided us to its fullest.

Thanks again,

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

gets free stuff
complains

Meme worthy, truly.

:)

Attachments:

The Burninator

RoyalPredator.9163

LoL, you guys are amazing x)

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

The rewards are indeed disappointing. From the 2-3 PvP chests I received a load of skins… that I couldn’t use on my character. What’s even the point? Thanks.. for nothing I guess?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

The rewards are indeed disappointing. From the 2-3 PvP chests I received a load of skins… that I couldn’t use on my character. What’s even the point? Thanks.. for nothing I guess?

Hit deposit collectibles- it goes to you PvP locker and becomes account bound.
If you ever feel like playing PvP you have the stuff- if not, you never have to see or worry about it again.
You did get gold, bonuses, laurels, boosts, mystic stones yes? So it is hardly nothing.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

If you ever feel like playing PvP you have the stuff- if not, you never have to see or worry about it again.
You did get gold, bonuses, laurels, boosts, mystic stones yes? So it is hardly nothing.

What’s the best thing to do with the gear if you already have them in your PvP locker? Can we salvage them or something? Most of mine I can’t deposit as it appears you can only have one of a particular item. Not sure what I can do with them.

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

Can’t say I particularly like the aesthetic of the AP stuff so it’s a bit disappointing but other people do like it. If you don’t like them don’t go for them .Sure I guess your “forced to unlock skins you don’t even want” but why is this an issue? its sits in your achievement panel and harms nothing. It doesn’t even take up inventory space.

The skins aren’t all you get either. I never farmed the points; it’s a bonus for doing what I was going to do anyway.

I don’t know why people on this forum seem to get so kitten y if a reward is something they can’t use or don’t like. Other people play this game to. Not everything is going to be tailored to your taste.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Morrigan.2809

What’s the best thing to do with the gear if you already have them in your PvP locker? Can we salvage them or something? Most of mine I can’t deposit as it appears you can only have one of a particular item. Not sure what I can do with them.

I have no idea- that is a good question.
I know you can’t MF them and I don’t think you can salvage them either ( I haven’t tried)
I did destroy my first bunch because I did not know about the deposit option.
Maybe someone who plays pvP can answer this?

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Buy a PvP salvage kit in the mists and salvage them with it. You can use the kit outside the mists too if you want and it counts for PvE monthly salvage achievement :p Didn’t try if it counts for the agent of entropy or daily salvage though.

You might have to play a game or two of PvP in the mists to get enough glory to buy a kit though. Those are very very cheap but still cost a little.

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Sum
55 Laurels
80 Gold
800 Gems
7 Unique Zenith Weapon Skins
3 Radiant and/or Hellfire Armor Skins
9 Achievement Chests
8 Large Achievement Chests
2 Heavy Achievement Chests
2 Massive Achievement Chests
+6% Magic find
+6% Gold
+8% Karma
+12% XP

Achievement chest
1 Copper coin
100 Badges of Honor
1 Blueprint (randomly selected)
2 Boosters (randomly selected)
1 Gem Shop item (randomly selected from those awarded for Daily)
1 Jug of Liquid Karma
5 Mystic Forge Stones
1 PvP Achievement Rewards, a container with six skins for PvP equipment.

Large Achievement Chest
200 Badges of Honor
Box o’ Fun
4 Boosters (randomly selected)
2 blueprints (randomly selected), including superior versions and traps
2 Gem Shop items (randomly selected from those awarded for Daily)
2 Jugs of Liquid Karma
10 Mystic Forge Stones

Yes, extremely disappointing…

GTFO of my game.

(edited by Ouroboros.5076)

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I personally don’t like or dislike the weapon skins… it’s a bit shiny for my taste, but hea. It’s free! So yeh, my alts are going to be sporting those weapon skins, as I prefer them over the pre-80 ones. shrugs
Besides that if I dont like them, it’s not as if they’re using bankspace, which is a HUGE pro imo.
The armor skins… I like the white-ish things, just that all the detail is lost in the shiney-ness.

Then again the gold, buffs, laurels… cheers
The skins are just the icing on the cake for me

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

fellyn.5083

Sum
55 Laurels
80 Gold
800 Gems
7 Unique Zenith Weapon Skins
3 Radiant and/or Hellfire Armor Skins
9 Achievement Chests
8 Large Achievement Chests
2 Heavy Achievement Chests
2 Massive Achievement Chests
+6% Magic find
+6% Gold
+8% Karma
+12% XP

Achievement chest
1 Copper coin
100 Badges of Honor
1 Blueprint (randomly selected)
2 Boosters (randomly selected)
1 Gem Shop item (randomly selected from those awarded for Daily)
1 Jug of Liquid Karma
5 Mystic Forge Stones

Large Achievement Chest
200 Badges of Honor
Box o’ Fun
4 Boosters (randomly selected)
2 blueprints (randomly selected), including superior versions and traps
2 Gem Shop items (randomly selected from those awarded for Daily)
2 Jugs of Liquid Karma
10 Mystic Forge Stones

Yes, extremely disappointing…

GTFO of my game.

And that’s only to10000 ap. I’m sure we’ll continue to get chests after that amount, and weapon skins.

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

You’re getting free stuff. Dont like it? Click destroy.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Name one other company that has “hundreds of skins” in their game for armor choices.

Any decent game, where the developer releases modding tools, gets hundreds and hundreds of skins all for free!

The modding community makes them, and many modders are far better at armour/weapons design than the fugly crap Anet’s so-called professionals have come up with since game launch.

Go to any mod hosting site and see for yourself ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Any decent game, where the developer releases modding tools, gets hundreds and hundreds of skins all for free!

The modding community makes them, and many modders are far better at armour/weapons design than the fugly crap Anet’s so-called professionals have come up with since game launch.

My cat read your comment and committed suicide.

This is not, never has been, never advertised as being, and never will be a game with modding tools available to players.

No similar MMO has ever had what the quoted guy claims, at least not in numbers that would make it superior as far as skins are concerned.

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Of course you can get better skins in community made content because they can afford to spend as much time as they want making their skin while the ArenaNet artist have a deadline.

However name one MMO at this graphics level that has had success with community content.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Got free stuff – complains.

Attachments:

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

(edited by knives.6345)

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Just because you don’t like the armour doesn’t mean someone else doesn’t like it. Taste is like the butt, as we say in Sweden.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Name one MMO that has done that?. It’s easy to do for single player games, but it’s just something that MMOs with centralized servers can’t do by design.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Not in mmorpgs. Take WoW for example. All the armours pretty much looks the same.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They give you rewards for achievements, they get slapped in the face.

They try to give you things to work for, they get slapped in the face.

They try to give you content tidbits to do every couple of weeks, they get slapped in the face.

They try to make a more challenging dungeon, they get slapped in the face.

They try to give you more mini-games a change of pace, they get slapped in the face.

They try responding positively to the harassment on these boards, they get slapped in the face.

Wow, people, just wow. I am ashamed to be even remotely considered associated with the majority of this community.

I realize this is a game, and we all have things we would like. I realize this is ‘teh internetz’ but when and why has that ever made it ok to be a self absorbed, pretentious kitten?! That is not ok, and I think its about time that some people learned some manners (and I seriously think the forum moderators need to enforce it)!

If you don’t like what they are giving you… fine, you say thank you with grace and move on. You find something else to do in the game, or you find a different game that is more to your taste. You don’t start rolling around on the ground in a tantrum like a spoiled toddler, demanding that you be given what ‘you want.’ Many of you claim to be older, mature adults….start acting like it!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Morrigan.2809

They give you rewards for achievements, they get slapped in the face.

They try to give you things to work for, they get slapped in the face.

They try to give you content tidbits to do every couple of weeks, they get slapped in the face.

They try to make a more challenging dungeon, they get slapped in the face.

They try to give you more mini-games a change of pace, they get slapped in the face.

They try responding positively to the harassment on these boards, they get slapped in the face.

Wow, people, just wow. I am ashamed to be even remotely considered associated with the majority of this community.

I realize this is a game, and we all have things we would like. I realize this is ‘teh internetz’ but when and why has that ever made it ok to be a self absorbed, pretentious kitten?! That is not ok, and I think its about time that some people learned some manners (and I seriously think the forum moderators need to enforce it)!

If you don’t like what they are giving you… fine, you say thank you with grace and move on. You find something else to do in the game, or you find a different game that is more to your taste. You don’t start rolling around on the ground in a tantrum like a spoiled toddler, demanding that you be given what ‘you want.’ Many of you claim to be older, mature adults….start acting like it!

I actually cheered at this post

Gunnar’s Hold

fellyn.5083

Not in mmorpgs. Take WoW for example. All the armours pretty much looks the same.

And I get the impressions that the person who said that had WoW in mind. 90% of the armors in WoW are reskins.

And to the person who claims modding can do that, well yes, it can. And I knew this reply was coming as well because some one was going to pull the “Skyrim…” card. But Skyrim is a single player game.

No mmos have the ability to add in user created content like most Bethsoft games we’re used to. So I guess I should have been specific and said mmo, instead of games. Then again, we’re talking about an mmo so I thought it would go without saying.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Thank you Morrigan. Seriously, if I acted anything like a lot of the people on here when I was growing up, my mama would have taken a belt (or a shoe, or even a wooden spoon) to my hind end. (and as old as I am, she probably still would if I acted like it today!)

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Thank you Morrigan. Seriously, if I acted anything like a lot of the people on here when I was growing up, my mama would have taken a belt (or a shoe, or even a wooden spoon) to my hind end. (and as old as I am, she probably still would if I acted like it today!)

Lol, I would have had my mouth washed out with soap (yes, that did literally happen on one occasion) and been sent to bed without dinner (so I could learn what it’s really like to actually want/need something).

Ah, those were the days! Actually, they weren’t too long ago …

I too, like Morrigan, had a bit of a grin on my face reading your post.

Posted by: Supercharged.8914

Supercharged.8914

Some of you guys are really spoilt brats.

For those who don’t like the skins, so sorry. ANET isn’t going to come up with a 10 sets of different skins for you to choose. They are always going to satisfy the majority. Most of the skins look good. The problem is you. Not ANET, the AP system, nor the Zenith skins.

I think the game isn’t for you.

Invigorate [Dx]

“ANET needs to make defending in WVW more rewarding!”

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I’m not sure that the majority is complaining. I’ve seen no one in game say anything but positive stuff about the rewards. Granted, my server is TC so the community there is pretty mellow.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I would not worry about those people that complain about new contents and free gifts based on their Achievement points

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m not sure that the majority is complaining. I’ve seen no one in game say anything but positive stuff about the rewards. Granted, my server is TC so the community there is pretty mellow.

I was speaking in regards to the forum community, and it does feel like a good chunk of them are whining about one thing or another. If not the rng, its the content. If its not the content, its the skins, or the freebies. It goes on and on and on. Self-centered, narcissistic…clears throat, I’ll simply stop there, it’s impolite and immature of me to label people/call names. However, I will state that this attitude seems to be a growing plague among the forum community and should be addressed by the moderators, and simply asking/reminding people to be polite doesn’t seem to be working.

In regards to the community in the game itself; yes, in pve is does seem to be much healthier/polite/positive. I’ve heard a few state that they personally didn’t care for the skins, but they liked what Anet was going for at least.

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Yeah I haven’t seen anyone complain about it either, not the rewards anyways. My only gripe about it is they did not add weighting to AP according to difficulty and/or time spent achieving something, particularly with reference to a couple of the WvW ones that will take close to a decade to complete and worth the same AP as things you can do in an hour or two. Now that they have added this system it feels as though they have shown the intent of not rethinking them ever, going by what they have said in the past.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I suspect that they might tweak some of the more borked WvW ones over time, they’ve done that kind of thing before. Folks have brought this to their notice, so they may just not have had the time or priority to tweak them before, and now that cheevos are more important those can be looked at again.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Spoiled rotten brats these days. You people wouldn’t survive a day in the MMO’s of old, like Everquest.

locoman.1974

I was speaking in regards to the forum community, and it does feel like a good chunk of them are whining about one thing or another. If not the rng, its the content. If its not the content, its the skins, or the freebies. It goes on and on and on. Self-centered, narcissistic…clears throat, I’ll simply stop there, it’s impolite and immature of me to label people/call names. However, I will state that this attitude seems to be a growing plague among the forum community and should be addressed by the moderators, and simply asking/reminding people to be polite doesn’t seem to be working.

In regards to the community in the game itself; yes, in pve is does seem to be much healthier/polite/positive. I’ve heard a few state that they personally didn’t care for the skins, but they liked what Anet was going for at least.

In my experience that’s normal for all MMO official forum communities. If you go by them, all MMO games suck, all games are dying all the time, all devs are clueless idiots, and every player would know better what to do with the game, no matter how positive the reaction might be elsewhere. The only exceptions I’ve seen are usually for lower profile and lower population games, like The Secret World.

And actually, I have to say that in comparison, these forums aren’t that bad… you should have seen the Age of Conan forums shortly after release (shudders).

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

In my experience that’s normal for all MMO official forum communities. If you go by them, all MMO games suck, all games are dying all the time, all devs are clueless idiots, and every player would know better what to do with the game, no matter how positive the reaction might be elsewhere. The only exceptions I’ve seen are usually for lower profile and lower population games, like The Secret World.

And actually, I have to say that in comparison, these forums aren’t that bad… you should have seen the Age of Conan forums shortly after release (shudders).

^Pretty much this.

+1

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Spoiled rotten brats these days. You people wouldn’t survive a day in the MMO’s of old, like Everquest.

snicker oh send them back further. Back to original NES with pac-man and bubble bobble. If they bought it and didn’t like it, their only option was to go spend more money on a different game. Stores didn’t buy games back, and you sure as heck didn’t have any say in what you “actually” got.

Just because people act like that on forums doens’t make it right. It doesn’t make it ok, and it kitten well shouldn’t be considered acceptable behavior. However, nothing will change if nothing is even attempted to curtail it.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

locoman.1974

snicker oh send them back further. Back to original NES with pac-man and bubble bobble. If they bought it and didn’t like it, their only option was to go spend more money on a different game. Stores didn’t buy games back, and you sure as heck didn’t have any say in what you “actually” got.

Just because people act like that on forums doens’t make it right. It doesn’t make it ok, and it kitten well shouldn’t be considered acceptable behavior. However, nothing will change if nothing is even attempted to curtail it.

I agree, but until a way to whack people with a wet trout for real trough the internet is created, anonimity and an audience will conspire together to keep forums the way they are. All we can do to try to keep doing constructive responses and discussions so that the signal of noise to ratio decreases at least a little bit...

RoyalPredator.9163

We’re not forced to do anything. The only problem I’ve mentioned is the Zenith skins we don’t all like – so thats a design flaw. All the other reward is cool and nice, thank you for those. PVP items you don’t need: Salvage to get PVP materials, then craft your own.

Don’t get too far –
I’m only asking for more skins to chose from, nothing else.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Using a pvp salvage kit, the ones you already have stored can be broken down in mats you need to create new PvP gear.

If you don’t PvP it doesn’t matter anyway. If you do PvP it’s new mats for crafting even if you get doubles.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Sorry, but this is just a little added bonus as some nod to you for getting AP. It’s nice we get anything at all – I think that at the end of the day, asking for the level of stuff you have just listed is taking it a little far, don’t you?

This……

I’m so tired of all of these threads popping up from ungrateful players griping about the achievement point rewards…. They didn’t even HAVE to add these to the game. There is literally no reason to complain about free weapon skins, gold, laurels, and account boosts for getting achievements (which are infinite, by the way).

Posted by: AdrianTanith.5742

AdrianTanith.5742

Seriously? I come on here to ask a question about whether or not Anet will change the types of skins later on so I know if I should be chugging these rewards or saving them for later and all I find are people complaining about free stuff???

Who cares if you don’t like the stupid skins! They give you FREE gold, laurels, boosts and pvp gear! They also give you badges for doing nothing if you hadn’t noticed. If you don’t like the skins go make a freaking legendary with all you free stuff. >_>

RoyalPredator.9163

I’ve made a nice PVP loadout by salvaging & reforging the chest rewards. Do the same!

@ Mkalafut: “They didn’t even HAVE to add these to the game.”
Sure. They don’t need to do anything for us, just sit and watch people leaving the game due its bugs, errors, rng, frustrating ragequit moments and small rewards.
As I’ve wrote before, these features are must-have. We’re happy for it.
Suggesting these to be better for every1, with given advices, isn’t a thing you should be mad at. I bet you would be mutch more happy if you have more chance to find your taste.

I know the title says “Disappointed”, but its true. No lies, no misleading. Even if its just a suggestion and inspiration towards the dev. team.

I will argue on other kind of copypaste comments.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The only things I’m disappointed with is having to wait to open all the chests and having to choose between which skins I get. I think choosing the weapon skin is fine, but we should have just unlocked both radiant/hellfire at the same time (while keeping it one armor section at a time).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I think the plethora of Badges of Honor is a huge deal for people that want legenedaries but are too scared to go into WvW to earn them and/or only farm JPs. The AP rewards you with every badge you will need for your legendary (500).

That in itself is worth it IMO, not to mention the gold and laurels and boosters.

Doesn’t matter what Anet gives or doesn’t give us – someone will complain because it isn’t what they wanted or didn’t want.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I think the plethora of Badges of Honor is a huge deal for people that want legenedaries but are too scared to go into WvW to earn them and/or only farm JPs. The AP rewards you with every badge you will need for your legendary (500).

From AP rewards, I will have enough Badges of Honor for both the Gift of Battle and a complete set of pvt armour. That is very, very practical to me.

However, what is the whole point of Gift of Battle, if not to make players give WvW a try for some time?

Free WvW badges defeat the purpose of Gift of Battle entirely.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

From AP rewards, I will have enough Badges of Honor for both the Gift of Battle and a complete set of pvt armour. That is very, very practical to me.

However, what is the whole point of Gift of Battle, if not to make players give WvW a try for some time?

Free WvW badges defeat the purpose of Gift of Battle entirely.

You are correct. However I think the plan backfired when the PvE’ers decided that WvW was impossible for them and thus they will never get legendaries. Fast forward through months of complaints on the forums of players being “forced” to participate in WvW for a weapon skin and you have the BoHs being given out like candy from the AP achievements.

I mean, to get Gift of Battle you have to at the very least step foot into WvW. I guess maybe they hope that’s all it will take.

I still talk to people (who have played since release) that think WvW and PvP are the same thing and have refused to do WvW because they don’t like PvP. I try to explain to them they are two different things, but once they ask if you PvP in WvW and I say yes, the discussion ends. It’s so much more! SO MUCH MORE!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I thought it was a good idea to include the Gift of Battle.
I’m in no hurry to get my legendary, but I was completely prepared to do what I had to, and maybe even learn something on the way. Or maybe become a WvW player.

(Certainly makes more sense to me than hiding achievement related items in the Obsidian Sanctum.)