Endless for Five Minutes...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jeff.3128

Jeff.3128

So i recently acquired the Endless Mystery Cat Tonic, and the biggest issue i’ve found is that no matter what cat form I take, I can only be in cat form for 5 minutes!

By comparison, the furniture tonic can last for 15 minutes, so why do cats only last for five?

Just seems that for all the laurels you have to put into it, it should last at least as long as the furniture tonic, but I’m not sure if Anet has released any sort of information about why this is.

Does anyone know?

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

the “endless” part means it has unlimited uses.

misleading, i know.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

You can just use it again though…so its not really a big issue.

Posted by: Jeff.3128

Jeff.3128

well sure, you can use it again, but lets say I want to be the tiger, arguably one of the harder ones to get, for more than 5 mins. I would have to cycle in and out repeatedly just to get that form again.

Whereas the other endless tonics got 15 mins, this one only has 5, that is my real complaint here.

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

My main complaint is the lack of an Endless Rodent Tonic.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Cuz they’re meanies.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I wish I could get the furniture one. It cracks me up.

The Burninator

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can craft those with an artificer. Could get expensive if it becomes a habit.

“Unlimited Use ____” would have been more descriptive but it doesn’t sound as nice.

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

It could be 1 hour too, I don’t see why it couldn’t be. Not just this, the Molten Berserker too. Right that one is a fixed transform so 5 minutes for that one is kinda okay. For 1-use tonics I guess 5-15 minutes is okay so people buy/make them. But really if it’s an endless, does it really matter? Also less transforming actions are less load for servers :P Just consider it!

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have the furniture tonic and it’s also a pain cycling through all the forms to just get that statue or the hammock tree thing for my cat to shade under. Even 15 mins is not really long enough in my opinion for all that trouble of getting the look you want.

I wouldn’t mind so much if only they let us cycle through ALL of the looks and not make it ANOTHER RNG thing….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

its still better than the infinite watchknight tonic that only lasts 5 minutes and has a 30 min cooldown.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You can craft those with an artificer. Could get expensive if it becomes a habit.

“Unlimited Use ____” would have been more descriptive but it doesn’t sound as nice.

I ended up picking up an Endless Toymaker’s Tonic off the TP. That thing cracks me up more than the furniture one. Also when you jump around with the faceless doll the sound it makes creeps people out.

I couldn’t find the mats to make the furniture one or I’d get it as well.

The Burninator

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

its still better than the infinite watchknight tonic that only lasts 5 minutes and has a 30 min cooldown.

The thing about this one is that it’s a combat tonic. There are many transformations out there I wish I could be in while fighting. A kitten wielding a great sword, dual dager wielding furniture, and quaggans shooting rifles would be epic.

Considering the watchknight tonic has the added benefit of keeping its form in a fight I think that utility is worth the cooldown as opposed to purely cosmetic tonics that people just pop to goof off in LA or when they’re killng time while waiting for a boss to start.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Urghh! I dislike the fact that the forum randomly makes you sign in, and deletes any responses you happen to be making at that time.

Anyway….

Does anyone know the recipe for Artificers to make Endless Furniture (or other) tonics? I can only find the recipes for regular tonics. Can Artificers craft Endless tonics?

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

The thing about this one is that it’s a combat tonic. There are many transformations out there I wish I could be in while fighting. A kitten wielding a great sword, dual dager wielding furniture, and quaggans shooting rifles would be epic.

Considering the watchknight tonic has the added benefit of keeping its form in a fight I think that utility is worth the cooldown as opposed to purely cosmetic tonics that people just pop to goof off in LA or when they’re killng time while waiting for a boss to start.

I think it needs to be longer atleast to warrant a long cd.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

ahhhhhhh silly question but why does anyone want to change into a piece of furniture?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Urghh! I dislike the fact that the forum randomly makes you sign in, and deletes any responses you happen to be making at that time.

Anyway….

Does anyone know the recipe for Artificers to make Endless Furniture (or other) tonics? I can only find the recipes for regular tonics. Can Artificers craft Endless tonics?

Not sure sorry, I got mine from a BLTC chest – yay for key farming. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Perhaps they would have been better to reuse the wording from GW1, and call it an “everlasting” tonic.

As for the randomness of how long some tonics last, again…throwback to GW1, they should all have the same standard duration, (Which for GW1, I think was 50 minutes), with a standard given cool down for re-useables, and the option to exit the form at any time. Don’t really think some standardization is that much to ask…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

My main complaint is the lack of an Endless Rodent Tonic.

Endless Skritt Tonic. “You smell… different.”