in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

“There will be a limit of 10,000 daily and 5,000 monthly achievement points” (source)

Thank you, ANet, for this. Above all else in this patch, thank you for this. If you don’t understand why this matters so much, I’ll tell you:

- Once I have 10k daily AP and 5k monthly AP, I can do monthlies/dailies leisurely without feeling like my AP is becoming irrelevant if I don’t grind more
- It gives players like me a goal to work towards. I will now push to max those boundaries like never before!
- It makes the permanent achievements more valuable to your overall AP, reducing the impact of daily/monthly AP.

This is awesome. Best patch ever. This is without a doubt the best thing I’ve read in any blog post yet. You guys rock.

goes to throw money at the gemstore now

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It should certainly slow down the chests received…after a point. Unless, of course, there are a lot more APs to be earned from other sources, such as LS, and/or other new content.

Happy the completionists can stop stressing.

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

Dislike the change very much. It just creates an artificial wall everyone will just ended up banging their heads against.

I get the rewards for super high APs aren’t all fleshed out yet, but hate to be punished for that.

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

I see a positive and a negative side to this.
The positive is, well, it’s limited now. I’m sure all the point farmers will feel relieved to not have to farm all the dailes every day and can relax to join other aspects of the game.

The negative is. Once you reach the limit, you’ll be missing out on around 280-340 achievement points every month. While this is not a problem on its own, it does mean that the achievement chests will take much longer to achieve, not to mention the achievement skins.

Wayland.3528

Not to mention the numbers are kind of arbitrary. 10000-5000. The completionist types are more around a 5-1 ration of daily points to monthly points and the caps are at 2-1. So unless monthlies will be increased seems odd placement.

Posted by: Animaniak.5619

Animaniak.5619

I see the potential problems for this change, but for myself…

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH A-NET!

Got to be an egoist sometimes!

Posted by: Skaan.1423

Skaan.1423

Yup, i’m also extremely happy about this. Even though i’m nowhere near the cap yet, i like how this basically makes the permanent achievements more relevant again instead of achievement points largely being based on how many daily/monthly achievements you have completed.

I also feel a lot more inclined to hunt for more achievement points now, because now i don’t have to worry about all those daily/monthly achievements i’ve missed in the past.

I just hope that there won’t be too much criticism against this and that Anet decides to revert this change in the future.

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Such joy that I am feeling…can’t contain it!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS ANET.
As an achievement hoarder… it was like a second job to me, since if you miss any of the dailies, you can never make up for it so I had to force myself to go online on the daily for those points.
NO MO OF THAT NONSENSE.
/cheer

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

THANK YOU. This was one of my biggest complaints about the AP system. It was really a who logs on the most system, now it can actually move towards achievements!

Blackwyn.8127

Now the next step should be, rebalanced WvW achievements. I know a few guys that started playing GW2 from the start as me. But since they only play WvW, they don’t even have 33% of the points I do.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I disagree. I was never an achievement hoarder. Actually, I only cared for points to unlock skins, and now Hellfire/Radiant boots are going to be even more distant than they already were.
Thank you for this change… not.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Why would anyone want to do dailies/monthlies for no achievement points? I’m not sure I understand the motivation behind the point cap. Point caps make me play less, not more.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I disagree. I was never an achievement hoarder. Actually, I only cared for points to unlock skins, and now Hellfire/Radiant boots are going to be even more distant than they already were.

So… they’re actually an achievement to get now? gasp

Nasty sarcasm aside, I am glad for this change. As much as I enjoy toting how much AP I have in competition to others, this will help keep the AP system balanced, not a matter of who constantly logs in.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

Yup, i’m also extremely happy about this. Even though i’m nowhere near the cap yet, i like how this basically makes the permanent achievements more relevant again instead of achievement points largely being based on how many daily/monthly achievements you have completed.

I also feel a lot more inclined to hunt for more achievement points now, because now i don’t have to worry about all those daily/monthly achievements i’ve missed in the past.

I just hope that there won’t be too much criticism against this and that Anet decides to revert this change in the future.

Yes, this is how I feel about it as well

Blackwyn.8127

Why would anyone want to do dailies/monthlies for no achievement points? I’m not sure I understand the motivation behind the point cap. Point caps make me play less, not more.

I personally never really cared about the points. I just did them so I could get the daily / monthly chest.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I’m happy for you guys, but for me, personally, it will just become harder to recognize who’s a total newbie and who’s not. :<

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

While I agree it’s an improvement I also agree with some people on this thread that that artificial wall we will all reach sooner or later is a bit silly. Wouldn’t it be much better and very easy to implement a hard cap to max AP you can get each day from daily?

Something like 5 daily tasks to get the daily reward and 8 AP from daily per day rings right to me.
And similarly, max 60 AP from monthly per month.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

So… they’re actually an achievement to get now? gasp

Nasty sarcasm aside, I am glad for this change. As much as I enjoy toting how much AP I have in competition to others, this will help keep the AP system balanced, not a matter of who constantly logs in.

For those who collect skins, yes.
Achievements are not a job for me. I couldn’t care less about others having more AP than me because they’ve done more dailies and monthlies than me. This is also why I don’t give a kitten about the leaderboards.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Wayland.3528

While I agree it’s an improvement I also agree with some people on this thread that that artificial wall we will all reach sooner or later is a bit silly. Wouldn’t it be much better and very easy to implement a hard cap to max AP you can get each day from daily?

Something like 5 daily tasks to get the daily reward and 8 AP from daily per day rings right to me.

This would be a much better cap method.

Posted by: Nausicaa.9563

Nausicaa.9563

Not to be rude but you’ll probably never reach the caps anyways if you aren’t a hoarder, so this has no impact on you.

Posted by: Kim.4152

Kim.4152

Hate this unnecessary change. If people choose to complete more daily / monthly achievements to garner more AP, they should be rewarded with AP accordingly. Seems to reek of tall poppy syndrome, which has frequently been a theme on these forums with people complaining about others having more AP, gold, etc. I’m a decidedly short poppy but have no resentment whatsoever towards those who have many more AP, much more gold, etc. than do I – instead, congrats to them!

Awbee.8405

I’m happy for you guys, but for me, personally, it will just become harder to recognize who’s a total newbie and who’s not. :<

So you’ll no longer be able to ostracize new players for being new? That’s a very good change then.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Having met those AP goals I guess I’m supposed to leave now.
I hope you know how many of us there are….

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Anyone with 15000AP baseline from maxing monthlies and dailies can hardly be considered a total newbie, so you have nothing to fear.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Not sure how I feel. On the one hand, I understand its implementation. On the other hand, considering there was the blog about, ‘Removing Restrictions,’ I don’t really see why this is a thing. I’d honestly rather there wasn’t a change to be honest. I don’t expect to hit cap soon or anything, but still.

I guess I’d rather see the complete Radiant and Hellfire sets on the game and obtainable in different ways first. Like, I’d like to be able to choose what piece from all of them I’d get whenever I hit 3K, rather than being -forced- to pick gloves at 3K, shoulders at 6K, etc….

(edited by Vexander.9850)

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I have 11k ap, not the highest, but not low either. I also have 3.4k daily ap, so I really REALLY doubt I’d be worrying about this problem for the next 2 years at least. I’m sure most other people as well.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

“There will be a limit of 10,000 daily and 5,000 monthly achievement points”

This confuses me greatly. I have a very few times gotten 10 points for daily, usually about 7 or 8. 10,000?

Nausicaa.9563

This confuses me greatly. I have a very few times gotten 10 points for daily, usually about 7 or 8. 10,000?

Total points, not points every day. You can see them if you hover over your number in the achievement UI.

@Tumult I guarantee you haven’t reached the caps

(edited by Nausicaa.9563)

Blackwyn.8127

It’s a cumulative limit from all the points gained in daily and monthly total.

Yoroiookami.3485

So you’ll no longer be able to ostracize new players for being new? That’s a very good change then.

How easy of you to judge others. Congratulations.

I usually help new players and put a message on map chat in queensdale for anyone who needs any. Of course there’s usually at least 1 guy a day who feels like he’s entitled to troll me, and so I check their AP. I’ve met countless people with 3000+ points asking me the most idiotic questions, and since I did it for over a year, it’s not funny anymore. This change definitely won’t help me in telling who’s new and who’s not. As for you, better change your attitude.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Best update ever, I am almost at 9k daily AP, so I can finnaly spend more time on things I enjoy in the game without feeling of missing out.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Awbee.8405

Having met those AP goals I guess I’m supposed to leave now.
I hope you know how many of us there are….

Why? You still get rewards for completing your daily and monthly, and you still get to do all the non-daily/monthly achievements, like the Living World achievements. (Though I personally also think it’s rather terrible that those are so very time-gated, but that’s a different topic.)

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Most of the people who are happy about this change will probably never even reach the cap. I’m already at 6k/10k with my dalies and the game is just 1,5 years old. Hitting the cap will not be a problem for all active playing players.

(edited by Venirto.4208)

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

“There will be a limit of 10,000 daily and 5,000 monthly achievement points” (source)

Thank you, ANet, for this. Above all else in this patch, thank you for this. If you don’t understand why this matters so much, I’ll tell you:

- Once I have 10k daily AP and 5k monthly AP, I can do monthlies/dailies leisurely without feeling like my AP is becoming irrelevant if I don’t grind more
- It gives players like me a goal to work towards. I will now push to max those boundaries like never before!
- It makes the permanent achievements more valuable to your overall AP, reducing the impact of daily/monthly AP.

This is awesome. Best patch ever. This is without a doubt the best thing I’ve read in any blog post yet. You guys rock.

goes to throw money at the gemstore now

This!! Thank you a ton for this change ANet!

In my case, I only do PvE achievements (try to do all daily).

Although I like a high AP rank (top 500 good enough for me), I refused to ‘become a slave to the game’ and also do the PvP dailies as that’s just waaayyy too much of a time commitment for me.

Now, with this change, I feel much less ‘pressured’ to grind those PvE dailys each day – and therefore may actually try out PvP sometime or other aspects of the game.

Again, thx Anet!!

Sera.6539

It means that the max amount of achievement points you can get for doing dailies will be 10,000. Say you do the minimum 5 a day. It would take you 2,000 days to reach the cap. At which point you would no longer receive any AP from doing dailies.

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

I think you 100% daily achievement guys are crazy but if doesn’t affect me and it makes you happy I guess I’m happy.

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I dislike this change. Now its 1) going to take even longer to get max AP rewards and 2) gives no reason to do any extra dailies/monthlies after. If they give more achieves for LS next season to offset it, I guess its fine.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Ksnake.8097

Ksnake.8097

Anet should do this instead.
Some daily achievement require much more work compare to the others.
Like Daily Five Solo Queue wins. It takes much more time and effort to complete but now it worth the same as remove 20 condition because of the Hard cap.

Awbee.8405

I usually help new players and put a message on map chat in queensdale for anyone who needs any. Of course there’s usually at least 1 guy a day who feels like he’s entitled to troll me, and so I check their AP. I’ve met countless people with 3000+ points asking me the most idiotic questions, and since I did it for over a year, it’s not funny anymore. This change definitely won’t help me in telling who’s new and who’s not. As for you, better change your attitude.

Good for you then, and I’m glad you’re doing that. But the majority of people who look at other people’s achievement points to spot the newbies are those who want to kick them from their groups for being “nubs”. I’ve personally seen that happen quite a lot. I’m never the victim in those situations since I’ve been playing since beta, but it made me sad and angry when people make fun of newbies. So while it will admittedly hinder you a bit in finding the real new players who need help, it’s also gonna prevent bad people from bullying newbies, which is good.

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

I never cared much about AP, so maybe I’m missing the point, but isn’t this pointless when you can hoard them from dungeon or salvage repeatable achievements?

Awbee.8405

I dislike this change. Now its 1) going to take even longer to get max AP rewards and 2) gives no reason to do any extra dailies/monthlies after. If they give more achieves for LS next season to offset it, I guess its fine.

You still get laurels, silver, kharma, and random rewards, I think? Those are reasons to do your extra dailies / monthlies.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You still get laurels, silver, kharma, and random rewards, I think? Those are reasons to do your extra dailies / monthlies.

But not to complete any extra ones (like the other 7ish dailies after you finish the 5 for the rewards). For me, that’ll give me less of a reason to stay playing at all after doing the dailies.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Sera.6539

I never cared much about AP, so maybe I’m missing the point, but isn’t this pointless when you can hoard them from dungeon or salvage repeatable achievements?

Those have a max cap as well.

250 for Agent of Entropy and 200 for Hobby Dungeon Explorer.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

So, I was reading the new blog today and noticed they said “There will be a limit of 10,000 daily and 5,000 monthly achievement points”.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks-and-gear-unification/
Now is this just for PvP achievements or all achievements?

If its for all…

Seriously… 10,000? for daily?

One of the biggest things that kept me playing this game regularly was being rewarded for playing daily with my guild….

Now currently just having just over 5,000 points from daily you are going to take away my reward to continue playing after about another year?

Why exactly? Because certain groups of players didn’t want others to earn rewards indefinitely to satisfy their own mentalities?

I don’t even consider myself a huge APer, I haven’t even broke 20k points. I’m sure many people have over that 10k limits? do they lose AP?

I suspect people like myself are simply going to stop playing because they game for some reason abruptly stops rewarding people for continuing to play on a regular basis…. What possible reason could there be for that?

I planned to play Guild Wars 2 for years and years like I did 1… but once i reach this cap I feel like the game doesn’t want to reward me for continuing to play regularly, so I won’t. I am sure I won’t be the only one that feels this way.

Edit: added link, is in 2nd to the last section.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

Oh, ok!
/15 charrs

Nausicaa.9563

But not to complete any extra ones (like the other 7ish dailies after you finish the 5 for the rewards). For me, that’ll give me less of a reason to stay playing at all after doing the dailies.

Uhm, then do permanent achievements afterwards. Some of those are pretty good AP sources.

Yoroiookami.3485

Good for you then, and I’m glad you’re doing that. But the majority of people who look at other people’s achievement points to spot the newbies are those who want to kick them from their groups for being “nubs”. I’ve personally seen that happen quite a lot. I’m never the victim in those situations since I’ve been playing since beta, but it made me sad and angry when people make fun of newbies. So while it will admittedly hinder you a bit in finding the real new players who need help, it’s also gonna prevent bad people from bullying newbies, which is good.

I sure hope so, I have enough of all those elitists bragging with their gear and treating new players like trash. Would love if ANET added “report for being a kitten” option, that would make things much easier.

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

Uhm, then do permanent achievements afterwards. Some of those are pretty good AP sources.

This is what I’m so pumped about with this change.

Before, each day I had to grind through all the PvE dailys before I could focus on stuff like Living Story achievements.

Now, I don’t have to worry about grinding out those PvE dailys and can immediately start working on permanent achievements (a ton of which become available tonight when the Season 2 WvW achievements go live).

So to me, this is by far the biggest ‘quality of life’ change being made

And before anyone says it, yes I know I wasn’t ‘forced’ to do anything – but in my mind I felt the need to at least complete the PvE dailys in order to maintain a top 500 AP rank and also get the AP reward chests.

But now, knowing there’s a daily/monthly cap, this feeling of being ‘forced’ to grind the dailys/monthlies has immediately gone away…

(edited by Day Trooper.3605)

Posted by: Guy.4809

Guy.4809

So starting the 15th Daily and Monthly AP totals will cap at 10k and 5k respectively. Now there’s one factor that’s making me either love or hate this change and that’s whether or not people have hit this cap yet. If they haven’t then this change is perfectly fine to me (especially if people are far off from the cap, then it’ll be an achievement to hit the cap in itself) but if they have then it’s unfair for those who didn’t grind their dailies and monthlies out everyday since launch. Perhaps I’m fretting for nothing and nobody’kitten either but I would just like to know how close the closest people have come to hitting the cap.
TL;DR – People who hit the incoming Daily/Monthly AP cap already are at an unfair advantage, how close have people gotten?

Emerl (Thief) – Proud owner of QUIP – ET

Posted by: Dash.7108

Dash.7108

Anyone over the cap will be brought down to the cap and any AP over the cap will be taken away (I assume). There were people with close to 30k AP before Agent of Entropy was changed to only award up to 250 AP.