Feedback/Questions: Legendaries in Wardrobe

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reminiscent Valkyrie.3109

Reminiscent Valkyrie.3109

The original topic here was regarding the problem with the wardrobe, and that people with ONE incin/bolt can wield two immediately after they made one.

This thread has lost it’s original purpose, sadly, and I am suddenly getting flamed for “speaking for all of us” when clearly this was my thread at the start, you wouldn’t go into someone’s thread named “How to navigate in GW2 using WASD” and change the topic into “Crafting skins from the Mystic Forge”.

As the OP, I have the first post, and I will regurgitate people’s ideas here, to the best of my memory:
1. I suggested that we make people who have ONE Incinerator/Bolt not able to dual wield using a skin, unless they have TWO. Why? You make one legendary to using one legendary, if you crafted TWO you have the right to whip out two at a time. This is no way is destroying the system, but adds a few more if…else conditions in the code.
2. Someone suggested to have an unbinding option for people with dual wielding legendaries.
3. Someone suggested to have a Box of Gold as compensation, but due to fluctuation in prices, this is not such a great idea.
4. Some suggested to have the duplicate legendary exchangeable using the Support Ticket system on request.
5. Some suggested to have the duplicate legendaries exchanged for another dual wield weapon.
6. Someone suggested, that as this does not only apply to Legendaries, all duplicate skins should have an unbind option. Especially ones that cost over XXXX gold (undetermined as the flame war) such as Mjolnir, Volcanus, Ghastly Grinning Shield, etc.
7. Someone built on my idea, saying that they should not be able to dual wield unless you bought the second weapon.
8. Someone suggested to temporarily disable the Legendary category in the Wardrobe.
9. Someone suggested to make Legendary weapons account bound only, to move around characters.
10. Someone suggested to allow this to happen, but with no footfalls and auras, and if people dual wield, they should have a more vibrant footfall or aura.

People who are against this idea, stop treating us as bad people, we are just people who want to defend our rights from people making fake copies to seem as if they have two legendaries when in fact they only have one. The fact that you are flaming us with harsh and disrespectful words clearly show how much respect you have for niche gamers with lots of time on their hands who don’t feel like they should be getting the cold shoulder from Anet because everyone wants the benefit of dual wielding their already existing expensive dual-wield skin, be it Exotic, Ascended or Legendary when they only worked for ONE.

There have been a lot of odd circumstances formulated to try and get us to understand this in a more positive light, but nothing can justify that a person who made a second legendary for the skin can now do it for much less, be it 2800g less. Legendaries are treasures, they take time and effort, even if you say that people could have paid for them, that group of people also had to work for the money at the first place (Don’t comment anything about being given free money here, because not everyone is like that). The main point here is that, no matter how you get the Legendary, it takes time and effort. Seeing people dual wield their single incinerator they just made, really destroys the happiness from people who made another incinerator to make their Thief/Ele look amazing, because they didn’t make TWO, but only made one. If you wield a Sunrise you only see ONE, as you made ONE. When you make ONE Incinerator, you shouldn’t be able to make a copy of that Incinerator onto an Exotic, and dual wielding.

*Don’t think of it being fair or not, think of it as, you grow one apple, you have one apple. You grow two apples, you have two apples. You can move your one apple around all your accounts, but you don’t have two apples, you want to have two apples at the same time? Grow another. *

EDIT: There seems to be a petition on this website regarding dual-wielding legendaries made by someone that was sent through PM (I was told to put this up):
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/compensate-dual-wielding-gw2-fans-in-april-2014

Alyssah Shyles – (Shirokami Kyoudan, Fuse Midori, Hinata Ema, Kimishima Kana)
Administrative Guild Leader of The Luminiferous Constellation [Lumi] on Kaineng US
www.luminiferous-constellation.com

(edited by Reminiscent Valkyrie.3109)

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

HMM! If you craft and bind sunrise and twilight, then craft eternity later, you can sell eternity for gold and keep the sunrise and twilight skins? Wow VERY unfair.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

(edited by maestrochino.7104)

Posted by: shakome.7458

shakome.7458

i’m a bit confused about legendary weapon skins.
if i’m understanding it right, then when i have sunrise on one character right now, i can use the skin on another character without having to make another sunrise? with the same effect and everything?

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

From the general understanding, you will be able to use the skin on another character for X (unknown right now) amount of transmutation charges. However, the ability to choose prefix when out of combat, and having best in slot stats, will not be applied. Only the look.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You will only be able to use the skin, not the stats

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

the second one won’t have the stat changing though.

Posted by: Kratox.9150

Kratox.9150

Yes, and if you have an eternity you can have infinite eternity, twilight, sunrise, dusk, dawn skins if what i’m reading is what it really means…Not that they were “Legendary” in any way anymore; but thanks for killing their “rarity” for good.

(edited by Kratox.9150)

Posted by: Korimor.2406

Korimor.2406

or those who crafted 3 of same ones
<———

Maguuma – “The Legendary Guy”
Jedi – Revenant, Tylox – Thief, Roeina – Ele, Korimor – Warrior
youtube.com/user/KorimorSWG

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

We don’t know the cost of the transmutation charges for a legendary skin yet.

As for legendary rarity. Legendaries have already been losing their rarity status. The game has been out almost 2 years now. Tons of people have legendaries, whether it be from doing it the normal way, or buying off the TP.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Oh God, another one of these threads starting. You get the legendary stats. Other people who just made one, just get the look on their second or third. But YOU get interchangeable precursor stats. Please…..

Posted by: Korimor.2406

Korimor.2406

Oh God, another one of these threads starting. You get the legendary stats. Other people who just made one, just get the look on their second or third. But YOU get interchangeable precursor stats. Please…..

I could care less about changing stats, the skin is what matters, I can always make a lot of ascended ones for the price of a legendary

Maguuma – “The Legendary Guy”
Jedi – Revenant, Tylox – Thief, Roeina – Ele, Korimor – Warrior
youtube.com/user/KorimorSWG

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

If I’ve already reskinned my legendary with something else would I still be getting the legendary skin when we get the wardrobes? Also, what will happen to transmutation splitters?

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Did I read that right? Did anyone else question this too? It looks like say in my example I own 1 incinerator, working on my 2nd but still need the precursor and lodestones so no big deal. But it seems to say that I could dual wield it with the wardrobe patch?!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

Collecting Weapon and Armor Skins

“For the Wardrobe, we’ve changed skins to an account-wide unlock system. Skins can be unlocked by using consumables, equipping items, salvaging equipment, or right-clicking on equipment and account-binding it. Items that you acquire that are already bound to your account automatically unlock their skin when they go into your inventory. Unlocked skins can be applied to items infinitely (for just one Transmutation Charge), which makes it much less stressful to try out a new look for your character, since you can always switch back!”

I get my offhand incinerator probably won’t be ascended stats, but free legendary skin seems epic enough for me.

Posted by: Valin.6873

Valin.6873

Agreed I’m working on my second incinerator also, if this works it’s going to be awesome! I won’t have to make my second 1

<Dagger/Dagger Elementalist> <Gates of Madness>

Posted by: Nemoel.8720

Nemoel.8720

I think it will be, as far as I have understood. After the skin has been unlocked you can put it over any dagger as often you want as long as you have enough charges.

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Does that mean I can re-use Twilight, Sunrise and Eternity’s skins multiple times if I wield an eternity? or just eternity’s skin?

Thanks

//Edit: What about those who bought Eternity and equipped it from TP? What about equipping legendaries directly bought from TP? Do they get their precursor skin unlocked too?

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

(edited by NiloyBardhan.9170)

Chrono.6928

I think it will be, as far as I have understood. After the skin has been unlocked you can put it over any dagger as often you want as long as you have enough charges.

That’s what most people I’ve talked to seem to think

Currently key farming for unid dyes and torment weapon tickets/scraps. As a die hard gw1 player having torment weapons across all characters again will be very nice.

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

Says you can still wield dusk if you make twilight, so it makes sense that you can also do that.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

For my understanding the Twilight and Sunrise skins will be unlocked if you have Eternity.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Chrono.6928

So is the wardrobe going to make it possible that you can wield 2 bolts for the cost of 1? This is going to be so unfair for those that crafted 2.

Edit: another concern, if you craft and bind sunrise and twilight, then craft eternity later, you can sell eternity for gold and keep the sunrise and twilight skins? Wow VERY unfair.

They still have the ascended (and future best in game stats always) and can change stats at will still, so they still got some benefits.

Your 2nd concern seems like the bigger problem to me. But honestly with the eternity visual changes I think people are making a bigger deal out of this then necessary, bc I think most people would still want eternity if they came that far for it. Yes they could still have twilight or sunrise skins but if they ever wanted eternity it looks like they would have to craft them again. And they would lose the stats and the ability to change stats too.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You still get guaranteed best in slot stats and the ability to change stats, this is what you were paying for in part.

Also you could already switch legendary weapons between characters so this does nothing to change the status of legendary weapons…

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Or is it that we have to bind legendaries before getting its skin unlocked? For eg. I soulbound both my twilight and sunrise before making eternity. But those who bought it directly off TP, will they get the same benefit?

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Posted by: Fines Juliverine.5846

Fines Juliverine.5846

You forget… if you want a Legendary Skin in your Wardrobe, you have to build a legendary. And you aren’t able to play two characters at same time.

At the moment, if you have 2 Characters and you just have 1 legendary it is possible to switch this legendary around, too. Only problem the costs of 300 gems and a trans crystal. So nothing really changes. It is just easier to switch the skin around between multiple characters.

[Hs]

Posted by: Pedroso.4603

Pedroso.4603

Hello all, i want to share my thoughts about what is happening now with the announce of the Wardrobe system:

With this new wardrobe system (which i loved, no complaints at all about the concept) we are also able to have Legendary skins on all characters, is it good? hell yeah for those who already have them, for people like me which are in the process of crafting their very first Legendary this is not but a Nightmate. Why i say this? Because now precursos price are rising freaking fast, take Spark as an example (im going for incinerator), yesterday it was 670g, today after the blog about the wardrobe it raised to freaking 780g! 110g in less than 12 hours! This is freakingly stupid! I like the idea of what you have to do to craft a legendary (play every single aspect of the game), but relying on an World drop item to be able to finish it is non-sense (specially now). Give us players a solid way to get the precursos (grinding, farming, w/e, you name it) otherwise it is going to be impossible for anyone with bad luck at drops just like me to craft his own Legendary (btw: 8 months playing and i haven’t even seen any Prec dropping “near” me).

Please Anet address this up, otherwise one of the “objectives” of the game will be dead for most of us.

Thanks.

Posted by: Zanktus.9821

Zanktus.9821

Just wait a bit, the trading post is exploding right now but it will calm down.

And if you follow the blogs or posts of the developers frequently you’ll now that they already are addressing the precursor topic. They wanted to include the precursor crafting also for the april update, but something wasn’t as easy as they thought. So it will get a delay, but is still an option.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

pres jump around a lot. When i bought my dusk it was jumping from 600g-900g

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

They should’ve released the precursor scavenger hunt with it. I know that it was mentioned in an interview they pushed this feature up because the team that is working on rewards wants to overhaul stuff, but maybe it wasn’t the best idea to release the wardrobe right now.

Anyway, I’m not going for a legendary so I’m not concerned, but I feel for those that are. All I can say is be patient, collect everything else then wait until the scavenger hunt for precursors is released.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I think the opposite might happen. It will drop since people who want 2 legendaries of the same kind won’t need to make another one, and those who want legendaries on multiple characters will only now just need to transmute, drying up demand.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

And if you follow the blogs or posts of the developers frequently you’ll now that they already are addressing the precursor topic. They wanted to include the precursor crafting also for the april update, but something wasn’t as easy as they thought. So it will get a delay, but is still an option.

Talk about drinking the koolaid…

Precursor crafting is just a marketing hype tag line, it isn’t something they are actually doing. They said they were going to introduce a precursor scavenger hunt “soon” over 18 months ago…

If you want to craft a legendary then you’ll need to save faster than the price rises, get farming.

Posted by: ScoakaLegs.1406

ScoakaLegs.1406

I hear you on the bad luck. I have been playing GW2 since Beta. I have used the forge (as some have to aide in acquisition of a precursor), have been a consistent game player, and yet no precursor drop. I understand they are a rare drop, but seriously?! Please adjust this drop rate Anet.

Posted by: Twister.9645

Twister.9645

If i have purchased a legendary off the Trading Post will it still appear in my wardrobe?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You have to soulbind or account bind the legendary for it to be unlocked.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

lol calm down.

Right now Spark is 780 Gold
3rd February it was 583 Gold
23rd December it was 771 Gold
5th August it was 512 Gold
25th March it was 702 Gold

The price of precursor fluctuate a lot since there is always a limited amount of items. Yep the price got higher for the Spark. But the Legend stayed at the same price, the Colossus dropped of 20Gold, Dawn price is the same, etc.

It only need 1 person to place the precursor at a higher price or 1 sell to change drastically these price so don’t worry.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Pedroso.4603

I think the opposite might happen. It will drop since people who want 2 legendaries of the same kind won’t need to make another one, and those who want legendaries on multiple characters will only now just need to transmute, drying up demand.

I don’t think so, now more and more people will be encouraged to craft legendaries, as they only have to craft it once and all their characters will have it.

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

I hear you on the bad luck. I have been playing GW2 since Beta. I have used the forge (as some have to aide in acquisition of a precursor), have been a consistent game player, and yet no precursor drop. I understand they are a rare drop, but seriously?! Please adjust this drop rate Anet.

Exactly the same here. I’ve been playing since beta as well, and for example a guildmate of mine had several precursor drops and he now has 3 or 4 legendaries. I have never had a precursor drop, and I can probably count how many exotic drops (this doesn’t count map completion) I had since I’ve been playing. Hint: not many.

Hell, only a couple of days ago I put 4 blue quality minis into the forge, and the result was the mini I put in

My game luck is horrid, and has been since betas.

I really wanted to make Bifrost, but with this kind of luck, I gave up as well.

Pedroso.4603

Exactly the same here. I’ve been playing since beta as well, and for example a guildmate of mine had several precursor drops and he now has 3 or 4 legendaries. I have never had a precursor drop, and I can probably count how many exotic drops (this doesn’t count map completion) I had since I’ve been playing. Hint: not many.

Hell, only a couple of days ago I put 4 blue quality minis into the forge, and the result was the mini I put in

My game luck is horrid, and has been since betas.

I really wanted to make Bifrost, but with this kind of luck, I gave up as well.

That’s more or less what happens with me, i’ve been farming world bosses for more than 15 days now and i know that i got something like 3 or 4 trash exotics (which i salvaged to get the sigil/rune :/)

Posted by: SinclairofDespair.1790

SinclairofDespair.1790

I recently crafted Eternity and I think its really cool and all, but there are something’s I think that may need to be worked on or even added. For example, the Warrior’s throw ability doesn’t show Twilight or Sunrise, It Is just a plain great sword. Also, when you first draw out the sword, both Sunrise and Twilight had that pop which was cool, and Eternity doesn’t have that. And lastly, I think it would be awesome If you had the option of having the sword automatically switching for you from day to night, or even switching it on the fly yourself! Lemme know what you guys think!

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

Actually precursor scavanger hunt was supposed to be added last year, but they missed that deadline and it seems to me we don’t have to expect it this year either. If thats the case then they will have been saying it for 2 years but there will be little improvement.

On the topic of the worderobe thing, first announcement I actually like for the feature content. (well and 2 handed weapons having 2 sigils)

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

So I have twilight right now, in the process of making a second legendary. I’ve been on the fence about making sunrise for eternity, or making bolt and having two.

With these changes, now I’m considering making eternity (equipping sunrise) and selling it afterward. Then I’ll have both of those skins and have the loot to buy bolt and have plenty of gold leftover. But with the wardrobe, I’ll be able to use the skins for twilight and sunrise still.

Easy enough to craft an ascended greatsword for the stats.

Posted by: Gyrfalcon.1054

Gyrfalcon.1054

The better question is how the new skins wardrobe affects eternity. Now if I understand you will have access to twilight, sunrise, and eternity. I don’t have any of those but good for you.

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Just wait a week. It will be back to normal if not lower since people will only want one now if they don’t care about the stats and thus there will be less demand for them and more supply making the price drop.

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

Hm. i am curious how wardrobe will work with eternity, in fact you already have twilight and sunrise, so they must be unlocked

Posted by: Dav.9152

Dav.9152

My question is whether unidentified dyes will still be available enough to get the Gift of Color for Bifrost after they remove them as loot drops. I don’t know how feasible it will be to farm them from “in-game rewards”.

Live, learn, level up.

Posted by: KAJIMARU.3108

KAJIMARU.3108

I made the mistake of crafting Eternity and i hate how the animations are broken. Had to craft a new Twilight for my warrior and moved Eternity to my guardian that i dont play anymore… such a waste =/

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Does the new wardrobe system allow stat swapping on an item when you apply the legendary skin to it?

Can I apply a non-legendary skin to a legendary and still swap it’s stats?

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

What really gets to me is not the rarity of precursors and ascended chests, but how imbalanced to luck is. Happy for the folks that get one but It really kinda ticks me off when people get when people get two, three, four or more, yet I’ve been playing since shortly after release and never gotten one. Try to spread the love around a bit Anet!!!

Pedroso.4603

What really gets to me is not the rarity of precursors and ascended chests, but how imbalanced to luck is. Happy for the folks that get one but It really kinda ticks me off when people get when people get two, three, four or more, yet I’ve been playing since shortly after release and never gotten one. Try to spread the love around a bit Anet!!!

An old guildmate of mine had not only 2 or 3, but 21!!! Precs drops/crafts over 1 year of gameplay, it was just ridiculous (B L U R R Y, you might know him).

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Anet said they have a team working on updating the rewards of the game.

Posted by: courin.2314

courin.2314

One thing to keep in mind – with the Wardrobe, you don’t actually get unlimited legendaries – you just get the skins.

So the ability to change stats of your legendary while out of combat will not apply to the ‘re-skinned’ legendary. Nor will it have base ‘ascended’ stats unless you use an item with ascended stats and put your legendary skin onto it.

So, it might LOOK like that thief is running with Dual Incinerators, but both might just be skins, and they might be green base weapons.

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

It will work just like it works now. Transmute a skin over a legendary and you have purple rarity item which can swap stats and look like the skin you have transmuted on your legendary.

Transmute a legendary over a weapon and you have the same weapon with the same stats, not being able to swap the stats, but looks like your legendary.