Feedback/Questions: MegaServer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I for once am really happy with the Mega servers.No more empty maps
About the lag.You can always turn off character limit and model.
Put settings on Low for World bosses and such.Even my 5 year old computer handles them fine on medium settings.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

epic \o/
/15char

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

Shouldn’t you be playing that game or did you run out of stuff to do already?

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

So question, what about people that are in multiple guilds? How will that work? Will they be pulled into the map with the guild they’re representing, or will it be a cluster of every person in every guild you’re in?

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

Gw2 has had this tech from the beginning. All this is, is main servers turned off and everyone in overflows.

If it was so easy to just turn off servers and put everyone in overflows, have you asked yourself why they are doing that a year and a half after launch and not before? And why they had to give this, that according to you is a “non-feature”, a name and that name is the same it’s used by Zenimax for Elder Scrolls Online?

Maybe buy to play isn’t all that good as a business model after all.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

epic \o/
/15char

Exactly this!
I’m really happy with the change too

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: TheQuacken.9548

TheQuacken.9548

This is possibly the WORST thing to do! You will only have around 5% of you guildies in one map which means entire guilds will be torn apart just so PvE can be more active… Screw that, guild missions will now be stupidly hard to organise plus this doesn’t even balance out the WvW numbers problem so what is the point? You’re changing a system that me and many others have never encountered a problem with! I just hope when they implement it in the starter zones that they see how terrible the idea was before they ruin the PvE world and lose players!

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

At least balth will be open >_>

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

A very welcome change indeed. One can only hope that, maybe, some day we will get to choose districts like it was in GW1 and that AN will manage to merge EU and NA one day…

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Megaserver Queensdale mega train. :P

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

So that’s wht ANet was secretly doing all this time instead of finally giving us the the expansion we all want … (-cough-, Tengu, -cough-)

The dynamic map allocation according to your group, guild, world, etc. raises some questions, of course, so if any dev happen’s to be on Q&A patrol in this thread I’d be glad if this question could be addressed:

Does the map allocation only take the currently active (represented) guild into account, or also the inactive ones?

With up to five guilds per player, there is some pretty neat social network information given in the guild co-membership graph. I hope this information is taken into account as a whole, and that the system is not only focused on the guild that is currently active.

For instance, I am a member of a 300 member German wurm slayer guild from all existing [DE] servers which is regularly beating the crap out of this three headed beast. We, of course, try to meet on a common map to do our work. However, this guild is used only for organisational purposes, and most members are usually only representing their “main guild” (and some members are even forbidden to represent any other guild than their main guild). If we would try to meet on a common map under the new system, would we have all to represent the same guild, or will the system be smart enough to understand that we are all members of the same guild even if we are not representing?

Just wondering. It will surely be interesting to see how this shakes up the current PvE experience.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Absolutely awesome. Anet hit a home run with this one. With the way the game is designed, the more people in an area the better.

WoW did this with Cross Realm Zones, and because of the way that game is designed, it was horrible.

Great job Anet.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

This is possibly the WORST thing to do! You will only have around 5% of you guildies in one map which means entire guilds will be torn apart just so PvE can be more active… Screw that, guild missions will now be stupidly hard to organise plus this doesn’t even balance out the WvW numbers problem so what is the point? You’re changing a system that me and many others have never encountered a problem with! I just hope when they implement it in the starter zones that they see how terrible the idea was before they ruin the PvE world and lose players!

Again, this will depend on the data aggregation. System weighting and such. Guilds being split up may actually not be as much of a problem as you (and many others) think. How about we see how it pans out first? Then scream and shout?

Besides this

“We’ll also be discussing the long-term plan for guilds and WvW in relation to our megaserver system,”

tells me they plan on covering some of that in the next 2 blogs.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Just want to quickly add for those who missed it, we’ll be covering the answers to the bulk of the questions in this thread in the blogs over the next two days after today.

We’ll also continue to monitor and adapt the megaserver system once it’s fully enabled to ensure it provides the best experience possible, so once you’ve seen it in action please make sure to leave comments, feedback, and suggestions as always!

So the next two blogs will just elaborate on what is already announced.
They won’t contain anything new. So much for my hope for guild halls.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

This is very similar to the system that was in Guild Wars 1 for 8 years, for towns and outposts (because the rest of the game was instanced). It worked famously there. I expect it will work here too.

In fact, there are a lot of advantages to the Guild Wars 1 model over the current Guild Wars 2 model that this should fix.

Low pop servers is one thing. Having people complaining about guesting is another.

No system is going to be perfect, but out of a number of imperfect systems, this is the best I’ve seen.

As for RPers, I suspect you’ll end up on servers with lots of RPers, just by the people in your guilds and friends lists.

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

I really love this change. I think this is an amazing idea to handle the low-pop servers and particularly events like Tequatl and the Tri-Wurm! I might actually have the chance to do those again without TTS!

I think people need to wait and see with this feature. If it works like they say and you still group your guild / server etc into maps this could work very well. It could also help a lot of servers. And if done well I don’t think it will affect the RP community as much as they fear. After-all if they are dominating a zone, they will have that map. In a way it is practically giving them their own over-flows for RP since you can always “join” your fellow RP’s on their map until that map is full with nothing but RP’rs.

On a side-note, I really hope this system also takes into account those that you have chosen to /ignore or barred….because then if these caustic people anger enough people, they will have no one left to play with!

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

To the people who say that the Megaserver is a sign that the game is dying:

World of Warcraft had 8+ million subscribers when they merged their servers. Is that a sign that the game is dying?

Elder Scrolls Online is launching with this feature. Does that mean they are expecting to have very few players?

When people asked for this feature at the launch of GWII, was that a sign that the game was dying a few days after it launched?

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

My concerns from the old Concerns Thread, which was deleted (yay censorship)
In the spirit of constructive posts, I’ll present how “megaserver” is IMO not the best solution for current issues with GW2.

1) Concern: COMMUNITY
This feature, as described, is a disaster for servers with well established communities. Since GW2 has been out for over a year, I imagine a lot of servers have such communities.
What if we love our servers and do not want to play with randoms? What about people not on F-list or in guilds that you know and nod to, people we AKF next to in LA/DR/Gendarran? What about people we make jokes with while world boss running? What about server in-jokes or recognizing your allied or frenemy guild?
I like Surmia, I love our mapchats, I love our different champ train route, I love RoS guilds helping each other with g-missions, I love how Marionette bonded us even further.
This is all established via the social aspect of a multiplayer game that was released in 2012. These are rules of some other game.

Solution: Let us keep the main server map. Make server-members a priority in this new chaos of overflows, if you must introduce it to the game.

2) Concern: IN-GAME EVENTS:
What will happen to in-game events that were organised by different communities on specific servers? What about the Gunnar’s Hold monthly map completion? Or the Pink Day on a few servers? Again the chaotic overflow that is “megaserver” seems to cancel that opportunity.

Solution: Again, let us keep the old main server system. Or let us have a choice-of-overflows like in GW1, with clear designations for each overflow where event will be held. But oh wait, we have that with the current server system.

3) MegaConcern: MEGABOSSES:
Teq & Wurm, Marionette & Knightfall, plus anything coming in the future, absolutely depends on 1) organisation, 2) willingness, 3) communication, 4) cooperation, 5) “good play” (decent build and gear).
Teq guilds, most of which are multi-guild communities, or alliances of different guilds (for which there is no in game feature!) have gone through great lengths to organise the events and avoid random people.

• Issue with megabosses: As an officer in a megaboss guild, I can say that the No.1 issue with Megaboss events isn’t the gameplay difficulty nor the overflow per se, but the “Randoms / Noobs” – i.e. people who AFK or troll, who don’t read map chat and refuse to listen when whispered and who don’t want to install / join on TeamSpeak. These players clutter the map and take up spaces from the “People-Who-Care” and hinder the overall progress of the event. So far, People-Who-Care were able to have a main server map as a guiding point, and either choosing a server to go to, or pulling people on TeamSpeak into an overflow. It was stressful, but it worked. Cause these events do not work out with random people who happen to be on the map like with Temples or regular world bosses, they take cooperation and communication of like-minded folk. Not necessarily guildies though! Allies and other People-Who-Care.
    It is sad when an events becomes difficult not due to gameplay, but due to game mechanics that allows AFKers and trolls to hinder the progress of a larger group by simply being there.
  • Possible solution to issue with megabosses: INSTANCES. The system is in the game, now you can just tweak it to support bigger number of players.
    What we do not need is even more randomness in our organisation effort.

4) Positive aspect of megaserver feature:
There is one good thing about this “feature”, though I believe it is outweighted by the cons. Forgotten maps would gain some much needed population.
I am not a programmer, but couldn’t this problem of mid-level maps like Snowden or Timberline be solved in a way that would not hinder the whole social aspect of the game that we initially bought?

As I mentioned already, this “feature” is NOT something to introduce in a game over a year since release when we have established communities! Have we been playing a Beta until now?!

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Destroys RP community, destroys server communities, the champ train in Queensdale (aka the most likely starter zone for new people) will be 10x larger and probably 100x more antagonistic to people not doing the right order, puts in an unneeded layer of complication to organizing server events, can’t use overflows to get your entire guild into one map to do an organized boss run, etc.

It will still exist similar to how it did in Guild Wars 1. The System takes your Home world into account. The system takes your guild into account. If done correctly you may not notice much of a difference except in less populated areas. Tarnished Coast the NA RP server is normally maxed out on a lot of their maps anyways. So it is unlikely there will be much of a change for them. Sure you will get some bad eggs now and then. But you get some bad eggs now.

The problem is that it may be more difficult for NEW roleplayers who don’t know that TC is the unofficial RP server: they can’t then decide to guest over to TC to roleplay. They’d have to transfer. (As far as I understand how this will work.) Not only that, but scattering roleplayers makes it difficult for walk-up roleplay outside your guild, which is how a lot of roleplay happens, how you meet new guilds, etc.

They don’t have to transfer they just have to join a RP guild. There were plenty of those in Guild Wars 1.

Perhaps they can add add a play-style check-box option to allow you to choose what play-styles you like. Then the system would take those into account.

Just bring back the district system from GW1. If we are running something like Guild missions or temples let us be able to choose an empty district so we aren’t tripping over random people.

Agreed. This may be exactly what they do. This would also solve a lot of complaints about being put in the wrong instance of the map. The system the way it is going now allows for this to be put in place. The system choosing you will just make it easier for you not to have to do it on a regular basis.

Only problem is that TTS is actually 12 (maybe 13 now?) different guilds. Sure we all have the same tag, but we belong to different tts guilds. How are they going to work?

Perhaps the system takes into account what Guilds you are in not nessesarly what guild you are representing. I hope this is the case.

What about things like “today at 7 PM, there will be an event on [Server], everyone is invited!”

How can such things even happen anymore with megaservers?

They just need to implement districts like they did in Guild Wars 1. This would solve that problem.

They fixed the major problem with the overflow system not working well at launch so I think that this actually can work.

I shall see when the system is fully implemented and shall see what questions will be answered over the next few days.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Randall.7306

Randall.7306

It’s too late for answers, Colin. I’m done with this game. As soon as I saw the word ‘Megaserver’ I knew my time in GW2 was over. If I can’t play on the realm I chose, I don’t want to play at all.

To be fair you have been “done with this game” about 5 times since release, and yet you are still here. So clearly people won’t take your “threats” seriously.

Would you like me to reinstall the game and take screenshots of my empty achievement panel? I can, in fact, be done with the game and still post on the forums.

I think it should be too cruel to force you to reinstall, since you uninstalled just yesterday, after the April’s Fool boobleheads thing (or maybe I’m misremembering the posts about the problems presented by the oversized heads by another member with similar name tag, if that’s the case, I’m sorry)

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

Just want to quickly add for those who missed it, we’ll be covering the answers to the bulk of the questions in this thread in the blogs over the next two days after today.

We’ll also continue to monitor and adapt the megaserver system once it’s fully enabled to ensure it provides the best experience possible, so once you’ve seen it in action please make sure to leave comments, feedback, and suggestions as always!

So the next two blogs will just elaborate on what is already announced.
They won’t contain anything new. So much for my hope for guild halls.

Read the article again….last paragraph.

Posted by: Terra.9837

Terra.9837

I am happy with this change and look forward to seeing more of the less populated maps being more active.

As others have stated previously I am interested for more information about how it works with world bosses/timers, as I am member of multi server guild, that comes together to co-organise larger events with another community guild, so we have lots of people are from different servers/guilds/friends/languages.

I am a little concerned after my experience with skill lag in WVW over the last week, that a similar situation would now start to occur on some PVE events where the map is now fully populated.

Question: Will ‘guesting’ become obsolete with this change eventually, or will guesting override the new mega server routine? I enjoy my Sunday mornings collecting resources like herbs/ore nodes and will often guest to other servers to repeat the route, would this still be viable?

Thanks,

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Overall this is going to be a huge positive addition to the game. I’m sure there are some cases where this won’t be a great change but to the overall population not having to guest to find people to play with or complete bosses/events is going to be awesome.

Posted by: Odona.8402

Odona.8402

For me the whole idea is quite appealing, if you see it from the aspect of someone who wants to enter map and have it full of other people and not travel through dead areas.

But still I find it minor, to the disadvantage we are going to get ourselves into as COMMUNITIES. We’ve build up through the past years all together on each server, knowing eachother, forming events together and working on common goals, as communities specified by certain Servers. With this update, we are going to be pretty much ripped off from it, leaving us with the struggle to keep something up and above all – reach out to “our” people. But then who is going to be “our people” now? When the only thing that will divide us, is going to be World vs World, that has nothing to do with PVE aspect of the game.

That update is aimed for players who are not involved into communities and adventure on their own. It’s aimed to make the game look more appealing for all the new people starting to play GW2 and not for existing ones. I can’t and I wont see this as anything else , unless Anet is going to give us a choice and a way to maintain our PVE communities without any struggles and on the constant, same way as we used to.
But something tells me, we won’t be given any other choice than to suck it up…

Posted by: Randall.7306

Randall.7306

My only concern is how long it will take to find another players, counting they are in friends lists, and some of them in friends + guild, but that I’m playing with settings in English and they in Spanish (just because I like to consider my gaming hours as XP I can put on English skill :P)

By information released, I should not be worried at all.

As PvE is my main played content, I hope this will bring more population in the maps, more events being done and more interaction.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

World of Warcraft had 8+ million subscribers when they merged their servers. Is that a sign that the game is dying?

Elder Scrolls Online is launching with this feature. Does that mean they are expecting to have very few players?

When people asked for this feature at the launch of GWII, was that a sign that the game was dying a few days after it launched?

World of Warcraft had 14 million subscriptions before Cross-Realm Zones. They had 8 million at implementation of ‘Connected Realms’. Now they are well below 7 million.

Yes, reverting from multiple servers to this system is a sign that the game is dying. TESO is the only one doing it proper and releasing the system at launch.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I’m very happy for this! Done with “being kicked out of my home because i happen to live in a hight pop server”….

Thank u A-net!!!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

It would be of interest how much the preferred “language” is weighted and how it is determined.
Simply from my choice of language in the launcher, from my account information/billing adress or will we be able to pick one?
Because at least in my case the language selected in the launcher (and thus ingame) differs from my native language which is also selectable. I use the english client because I dislike some of the translations and the voice actors in my native language.
Granted I wouldn’t use the english language for the game if had major difficulties with it, so communication with other players in general isn’t my concern. But a lot of my friendslist and guildmates use my native language as their basic setting.

So I would like to know how much of an impact my choice of language will have. And wether we will be able to pick our preffered language independently from our game settings or how it will be determined.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yes… yes it is… WoW had 13 million players, they lost 5 million so they needed to merge the dead servers down to keep the population up.

ESO is launching with this feature so that they don’t have to deal with bad press in the future if they ever needed to merge servers. This is a smart marketing move on their part.

As far as I know people didn’t ask for this feature until many months after launch when people started hitting max level and the mid range zones were all dead.

Also I haven’t seen any responses here actually calming that the game is dying… just that they are merging servers because the population is too low. Those are not necessarily the same thing. And the game is merging servers with this new plan, that is pretty clear.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yes, reverting from multiple servers to this system is a sign that the game is dying.

clears throat

The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Urxx.6840

Server consolidation is always a sign that the player base is contracting. It’s been known for a while now that World of Warcraft has been losing players in the last years. That doesn’t necessarily equate to dying, especially when you have the size of WoW.

Elder Scrolls Online is different, since it has the Megaserver feature from the start. It will certainly help to mask difficulties with the player base’s size, though, should they have any in the future.

About GW2, I think the game’s PVE is contracting yes. Will the game die? I seriously doubt that. I think they will have a very successful launch in China.

But still, I see this move as a sign of weakness on ANet’s side, a proof that their business model wasn’t as brilliant as they have trumpeted and it’s showing its limits in the markets where ANet is operating right now. If they will succeeed in China, as I think they will, that won’t necessarily put them in financial trouble in the short term, but it will affect the quality of the game IMO.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Please Merge WvW in a system that functions well and make EOTM count for PPT.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Yes… yes it is… WoW had 13 million players, they lost 5 million so they needed to merge the dead servers down to keep the population up.

ESO is launching with this feature so that they don’t have to deal with bad press in the future if they ever needed to merge servers. This is a smart marketing move on their part.

As far as I know people didn’t ask for this feature until many months after launch when people started hitting max level and the mid range zones were all dead.

Also I haven’t seen any responses here actually calming that the game is dying… just that they are merging servers because the population is too low. Those are not necessarily the same thing. And the game is merging servers with this new plan, that is pretty clear.

GW2 is not subscription based, so number of current players isn’t as important. Unlike WoW and ESO. So comparing these games with each other is a bit ridiculous.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

So we are just getting a fancier automatic merger sever system. There is a couple of thing I kind of wish that would be accounted for if they did this. One being your friends list and the other of you being within a particular commander driven squad. Also it would make this even better if they had the Guild Alliance system they had from GW 1. Speaking of GW 1 I think having the ability to manually select your server is still a good idea. If they had both systems it would probably be fantastic.

This new system works better for them, because it puts less of a workload on their servers. For us it depends on how and if the algorithm(s) actually works like it should. Personally I never been a fan of automatic sever systems, but if the designers got it at least 80% right (with glitches/bugs included) the first time then it should not be that bad. If not then it will be a nightmare for the community.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

MRA.4758

The megaserver system means you won’t encounter overflow maps anymore.

And how we will make organised raids for Wurms? No overflow means no taxi to same map?

Yeah, “taxi to overflow” might be a thing of the past, soon. But it is hard to deny that purposefully creating a (private) overflow in order to be able to beat a (public) event is somewhat of a broken system. If this event was meant to be played that way, then it could just as well have been a 150 person instance right from the beginning, without any need to abuse the overflow mechanics.

With ANet going for megaservers, I hope they will also address this problem (maybe in the next two blog posts?) by providing means to do even hardcore events like the tripple wurm in the public and without having to shoo everybody away that is not part of your team. Dynamic events were meant to be open to everybody, and ANet even stated that is is their goal to bring traditional instance raiding content out into the public space.

After having succeeded to do so for moderately difficult bosses recently (new Tequatl, Marionette, and Scarlet’s Hologram), they still have to prove that they can also succeed in

• making hardcore events (i.e., tripple wurm) public, and
  • making easy events (essentially all initial mega bosses minus the new Tequatl) interesting.

~MRA

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

It would be of interest how much the preferred “language” is weighted and how it is determined.
Simply from my choice of language in the launcher, from my account information/billing adress or will we be able to pick one?
Because at least in my case the language selected in the launcher (and thus ingame) differs from my native language which is also selectable. I use the english client because I dislike some of the translations and the voice actors in my native language.
Granted I wouldn’t use the english language for the game if had major difficulties with it, so communication with other players in general isn’t my concern. But a lot of my friendslist and guildmates use my native language as their basic setting.

So I would like to know how much of an impact my choice of language will have. And wether we will be able to pick our preffered language independently from our game settings or how it will be determined.

An interesting point.

I’m German, and when I visit the forums or any other part of the official GW2 website, it always puts me in the German forum first, I have to manually select to go to the english forums.

I use the English client however, and I play on an English-speaking server (the other servers I guest on are also always english-speaking). So I’d hope I’d continue to be sorted with English speaking players, if only because I don’t know any of the terms or names or spells in German

Posted by: Taushullu.6180

Taushullu.6180

I personally like this change a lot, but I also understand the concerns many of the players have. You should consider making it more like the GW1 style district system where players could choose the shard they want to play on from a drop-down menu. I think it’s a better system overall and would be a great help to get the RP crowd and organized guilds (or just group of friends who want to have little privacy) on the same server.

Urxx.6840

GW2 is not subscription based, so number of current players isn’t as important. Unlike WoW and ESO. So comparing these games with each other is a bit ridiculous.

Paradoxically, the number of current players is more important for a buy to play game like GW2 than it is for a subscription-based one.

If players don’t play they don’t buy gems, which is what supports the game. Conversely, in subscription-based games there are a minority of wealthy players that do keep their subscription active even in periods of time when they have very little time to play.

MRA.4758

Only if you want to get rid of all of your established WvW communities in one single change.

~MRA

Posted by: Tasty Pudding.3764

Tasty Pudding.3764

What about things like “today at 7 PM, there will be an event on [Server], everyone is invited!”

“Today at 7PM, there will be an event in <map>, everyone is invited! Add Awbee or XxxLegolasXxx to your friends list and click Join.”

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

In a non-sub ‘cash shop’ based mmo, player numbers are of paramount importance. More so than a subscription based game. World of Warcraft can sustain itself on a tiny fraction of it’s current playerbase so long as it retains it subscription model. Guild Wars 2 is barely surviving on it’s waterlogged raft called the ‘Gem Store’.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

At one point the MegaServer system is always a sign that the player-base is contracting, in the case of GW2, the PvE.

It doesn’t mean at all the game will die, just means PvE don’t have the numbers it had before, and this will help it to play with more people, even if there is not more people in the game.

GW2 once they start to launch the so-requested major features, from Guild Halls, GvG system, maybe Housing, likely to come with expansions, we will see how the game will develop.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: solitarysumire.3127

solitarysumire.3127

I think this is all very interesting, and I see a lot of potential in this system. I am mostly concerned about guild missions- as it is, we generally run into another guild every time we do missions. Some of them we work well really well with, sometimes it doesn’t turn out well. Puzzle is the worst, because there are only a few of them, and if you arrive while another guild is running, you either have to go in and finish with the reduced timer or you have to wait it out.

With the barriers taken down, do we run the risk of running into even more guilds while trying to get our missions done? Are there any plans to address the crowdedness of missions as they are now?

Solitary Sumire- Elementalist
Phaze [PHZE] – HoD

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

“Today at 7PM, there will be an event in <map>, everyone is invited! Add Awbee or XxxLegolasXxx to your friends list and click Join.”

If that worked, and worked reliably, I’d be fine with that.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I think that the extreme ends of the responses to this issue can be summarized as follows:

1. Extreme Negative – Players from larger servers who currently get to enjoy content and are concerned that these changes will prevent them from continuing to enjoy content. Some of it is based on not knowing things yet which lends itself to valid concerns until the details are available while some of it is petty selfishness and elitism (I don’t want those scummy scrubs in MY map).

2. Extreme Positive – Players from small servers who currently get to enjoy no content at all because there aren’t enough players to do anything. These players are elated since the changes will allow them to join the players from group 1 and actually participate in game content.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

How about just not tampering with the player communities created in a game system that we all bough in the first place. This isn’t Beta for such a game breakingchanging feature to be implemented 1.5 years down the line, or am I mistaken?

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Hopefully this is similar to the district system in GW1 where you get a drop down menu and you and your group can chose a district. As for guilds staying together in a mega server not sure how this could work unless the guild has some place to meet up and decide what they are going to then go do it, then when they zone to that waypoint close to what was decided they all enter the same mega server.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Nevah!!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

Any chance you’ll be increasing the maximum guild members size to help us assist in utilizing this feature better? Some of us specifically are members of more than one guild because of size issues enabling some more key members to stay connected with all aspects easily.

How will this effect guilds who expressly exist as a multi-server guild that handles special world events like Teq?

Posted by: Artair.1687

Artair.1687

While this is good for general gameplay (although I hope it doesn’t lead to too many event zergs) I really hope this doesn’t hurt the RP community on Tarnished Coast, it would be nice if we had a manual way to change servers or something just in case like GW1 had had