Feedback/Questions: MegaServer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lazarus.3970

Lazarus.3970

Good thing I have few friends and rarely interact with my guild.

Also, the key words are “more likely”, not “always”. It wont be impossible to meet new people. You are just over reacting to nothing. Dead maps are a problem, as I can never find groups for dungeons. I’ve yet to even do HotW story dungeon, and had a fail party for SE boss.

Posted by: Warkupo.1025

Warkupo.1025

You know, oddly enough I suggested a system like this a few weeks ago. Clearly they just copied my ideas u. u

I like it. One of my biggest complaints with the game is that many of the more abandoned zones were difficult to do anything in because of how few players there were at any given time. This system should largely alleviate that.

GW2 is looking pretty sexy this April, I must say.

Posted by: Ellie.5203

Ellie.5203

even finding open CoF+CoE maps might be a pain in the kitten

Is it a bad thing if people have to do the event to open it? Bearly anyone does the event any more, and even though you can guest onto a server where it is open currently noone ever wants to so lazily types “opener needed” into LFG.

Yes it’s bad… I actually think Pre-events to gain entrance to a dungeon are a stupid idea in the first place.. You have some limited spare time, you want to run COF.. Oh no.. have to waste 15 minutes on a pre-event (that can fail, that you do not want to do in the first place an event that is totally and utterly pointless (loot/Karma/ Yes Yes, can be gained alot faster elsewhere than a dungeon pre-event) before you can even enter.. NO! just NO! Please remove Pre-events from dungeon entrances all together… hate them. always have.. always will.. lol

They just limit your play, Me & friends often make Party and be like “Hey lets do some dungeons” COE/COF Contested ok lets go HOTW instead then, And just dont bother with the other 2 unless they by some miracle happen to be opened by someone else

Posted by: Revler.2359

Revler.2359

I agree, players should be able to determine that and a lot more flag options.

Lazarus.3970

Make sure to check back for part 2 and 3 of this announcement for more details.

-_-

This is like local news stories.

“In today’s news, Does using dog shampoo on your baby turn it into a velociraptor? RaptorWatch reporter AnthonyOrdon investigates after the break.”

Something that can ruin your whole life, and its right in your closet!……full story at 5.

All of these blog posts should have been posted as one news story. There’s no reason to leave us hanging like this. It’s like throwing a bone to a dog but the bone is just past the leashes reach.

People are less likely to read the whole thing if they post it all at once. By breaking it up, they can ensure people at least read most of the information before taking to the forums to complain with false information

Posted by: Tasty Pudding.3764

Tasty Pudding.3764

Go to less popular maps like Snowden Drifts. You will meet new people there.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I think from the swift response they have something cool planned….

Right Anet?…. RIGHT?

Nope

(insert troll face image)

:)

Make sure to check back for part 2 and 3 of this announcement for more details.

-_-

This is like local news stories.

“In today’s news, Does using dog shampoo on your baby turn it into a velociraptor? RaptorWatch reporter AnthonyOrdon investigates after the break.”

Something that can ruin your whole life, and its right in your closet!……full story at 5.

Feels more like, “check back next week for the full story.”

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Revler.2359

Revler.2359

>You are just over reacting to nothing

I don’t want to be “impossible to meet new people”, I want to be possible to always see completely different people, like the Guild Wars 1 district system allowed me to.

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Dat suspense!

15 charrs.

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

So my biggest concern as a guild leader is how the new servers will affect how we do guild missions? I know it’s going to group us based on friends and guild, but there is a possibility that several/many during a guild mission get put into a different map for some reason. This will waste time during guild bounties to get everyone on the same map and can be especially hard for medium sized guilds to do this and complete a bounty at the same time.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

There are a lot more people in maps than you guys think, you must never go there.

Maybe I might see like 5 people but 5 people across a few servers gives a map a decent population.

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

People are less likely to read the whole thing if they post it all at once. By breaking it up, they can ensure people at least read most of the information before taking to the forums to complain with false information

I don’t agree with this line of thought at all.

What are you more likely to read: one article describing a big patch, or fifteen separate ones that detail each aspect of said patch?

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

Greetings,
Many of you may know me as the leader of Gaiscioch [GSCH] a 13 year old gaming community who has spanned 4 games and now entering our 5th. I am also a man whose life was affected by Roger Oldroar Rall and organized a group of his friends and family to help influence ArenaNet to get a server named in his memory.

I understand the goals behind the MegaServer:

1. Avoid Server Closures / Mergers
The Megaserver concept pushes servers together so that they are 1 group of people sharing the same game world. This is a fantastic concept and from a PR perspective brilliant. Instead of the gaming press reporting about server closures and mergers (as you know they would) putting a negative tone on your product and usually causing a snowball effect, you can avoid all this by megaservering up.

2. Putting people in empty zones.
As the population has progressed and spread out, population in non-champ farm zones or Orr has dwindled. This system would allow everyone who IS playing in a zone that’s not as popular as it once was to have people to play with. This is a great concept.

3. Putting more opportunity to make new guild mates.
By pushing the community together guilds can have a much larger recruiting pool. However the problem then becomes how to get them to be able to play with you in WvW.

All of these concepts are great on paper however in application there are some things that you need to think about.

1. The Death of Server Communities.
By Megaservering if your server is not a 100% WvW dedicated place, such as Sanctum of Rall, your zones will be filled with foreigners, people who you have fought against for over a year and a half, who’s blood boils at the mere sight of you. We’ve all seen it, you’re in an overflow and someone starts up with the server bashing. This is going to be day in day out every day in Guild Wars 2 from this day forward. The bad blood is going to be spilled out all over our capital cities, our formerly friendly zones, and fill our chats.

2. Public Community Events
In addition think about events like the Great Tyrian Adventure where 150 people from all of the guilds on Sanctum of Rall pull together for a few events per week to play together and make some epic memories. In the new system all of the servers flood into instances of the zone. Getting those 150 people into the same 2 overflows will become increasingly more difficult. See the Lion’s Arch event for example. Getting into the same instance with 30 of your friends was impossible. Imagine trying to do that with 150+. The megaserver will prevent things like Great Tyrian Adventure from happening altogether. Imagine trying to talk 150 people into getting into the same map to complete as task. Can we say migraine?

Goodbye to Server Climate
The server climate we all have come to love over the years will now be gone. You’ll be mixed into all servers and the feeling of server pride will solely be one for WvW players. For the better part of the past 2 years I have been giving bags out to new players on Sanctum of Rall to thank them for calling us home. On April 15th that will no longer be feasible as every player in the game would also share that zone. There is no way for me to communicate just to the Sanctum of Rall players.

Server Communication
Before every WvW event I travel around and let people know where we’re going and encourage them, no matter the level, to come out and have some fun with us in WvW. I hit queensdale, divinity’s reach, vigil keep, and a few zones in Orr. Come April 15th I will no longer be able to do that as people will not be from Sanctum of Rall and will be unable to join us in WvW. With no way to communicate with your allies this will become an even more difficult feat for non-wvw focused servers to mobilize forces.

I see you objective and it is a valued one however I strongly feel that this is a bad move and will negatively affect the game in the coming months. You’re changing Server Community to Game Community and putting barriers in communication which will hurt those servers who have been struggling.

On top of that I’m pretty sure this is just the tip of the iceberg and soon WvW will be to follow. At which point there will be nothing left of the houses we built.

Please reconsider this option until you have some time to think about all the repercussions and the long term effect on communities.

Concerned,

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Prepare for ignorance!!!

I don’t understand exactly how this system is going to work. I’m on Sorrow’s Furnace. Under this new system if I go to wayfarer’s will I still be in Sorrow’s Furnace? If everything is like an overflow, what’s the point of servers? I feel like I’m seriously misunderstanding what the heck is going on.

Basically, no, you are in the wayfarer foothills. As you said, the zones as a whole are turned into something similar to the old overflow shards.
The system should in theory group you mostly with people from your homeserver (in addition to the other mentioned parameters).
I guess WvW and the parameters into which shard you are put under the system are the only things that are affected by your home server. Though I could be wrong about the WvW aspect. That’s going to be adressed in detail during the next 2 blog entries.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Being in the same guild seems to be considered as a top priority when sorting people, so I’m more worried about several guilds attempting to do the same mission at once.

Example: What happens when two guilds have the same Guild challenge, and they get sorted into the same server? Not sure what happens, because this has never occurred on any guild missions I’ve been on, but wouldn’t the megaservers greatly increase the chance of this happening?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I specifically paid rl money to xfer to the server that I am on SOLELY for the community.

I am an officer in a wvw guild that was established in beta & I do NOT want to potentially share cities/pve world with my wvw enemies OR a bunch of new trolls that my server works particularly hard at getting rid of on a constant basis to maintain the serenity of our pleasant community.

a lot of valid concerns here, perhaps WvW needs its own hub City now, And some more side development overall. WvW is actually one of the main functional cores of the server system. Not considering WvW, they could probably alter the entire system drastically. It might even work out better for WvW.

going back to the issue at hand, and the mega server system.
Perhaps they need a few new organizational units. Perhaps they need to create a new category, lets call it “Community” this filters people together based on a community idea.
Lets say there is a RP community, the RPers join this “community” and get filtered into this community first and foremost.
You could have other communities like Dynamic Event communiity Megaboss Community, Casual communities etc.
they should also allow people to change the order of importance for their filtering.
Some times people want to be grouped with friends most importantly, some times guilds, sometimes communities, etc.

They should also have a join friends system, and they should probably stop adding people to new shards at say 2/3rd of map max. The remaining 1/3 should be reserved for friends. It would be good if this tech allowed them to up the amount of max people on a map, so that they could do something like1/2 full instead. This way there is a lot of spots for say guilds/friends etc to join.

Getting back to the WvW server system. Servers would eventually become primarily WvW focused. This could allow for some better balancing of populations,

But yeah this whole thing is going to be a rocky road, not even sure if it will work out in the end. i suppose we shall see.

Posted by: Enzo.3906

Enzo.3906

1.) Post in the megathread please

2.) There are still two blogposts covering these issues

JQ Spy working for Blackgate Karma Train Division

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Probably not true. Just because there are more people on the map doesn’t mean they’ll necessarily be in the same place as you. If you want to go off and be by yourself somewhere out of the way, you should still be able to.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Not just ‘more’ – more or less full load, from what I gather.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Wuchko.2596

Wuchko.2596

snip

who put you in charge? who are you to say what people should do? which build they want? why even complaining until 15th april? why you think everyone except your guild or other guilds are “noobs”? why do you think this will fail without even trying it?

OT: i think so far, this will be good, because those low populated maps will finally be able to do some events there. i missed them so much because of low population in those maps

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Though wandering through an empty countryside alone can be atmospheric at times, having it occur 90% of the time on most maps (especially in an MMO) is not fun at all. I welcome this change.

phys.7689

even finding open CoF+CoE maps might be a pain in the kitten

Is it a bad thing if people have to do the event to open it? Bearly anyone does the event any more, and even though you can guest onto a server where it is open currently noone ever wants to so lazily types “opener needed” into LFG.

Yes it’s bad… I actually think Pre-events to gain entrance to a dungeon are a stupid idea in the first place.. You have some limited spare time, you want to run COF.. Oh no.. have to waste 15 minutes on a pre-event (that can fail, that you do not want to do in the first place an event that is totally and utterly pointless (loot/Karma/ Yes Yes, can be gained alot faster elsewhere than a dungeon pre-event) before you can even enter.. NO! just NO! Please remove Pre-events from dungeon entrances all together… hate them. always have.. always will.. lol

They just limit your play, Me & friends often make Party and be like “Hey lets do some dungeons” COE/COF Contested ok lets go HOTW instead then, And just dont bother with the other 2 unless they by some miracle happen to be opened by someone else

I dont really agree with destroying dungeon opening, even though i some times find it annoying, because of what that type of thinking means for the game.
essentially means that dynamic events shouldnt effect anything, and no dungeon should be based on player participation in the world, which i think is bad.

However, with the new system, id imagine dynamic event system is going to HAVE to take a really large hit in terms of game design/importance/overall world design. I dont think we will be seeing any of the potential of the dynamic event system realized or expanded with the megaserver system. So you may in fact get what you want.

After all, the biggest sacrifice for the megaserver system is permanence and open world progressions, I dont think they can really do any sort of dynamic events mattering and effecting the world thing, when there will be no agreed upon consistent world. This may in fact be the biggest mistake with the system. Its a pretty big blow to the persistent world.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Yes I read the article, and that you can still right click join, but how are we going to make sure only TTS members get in (and not their friends/others) before we let other players in (like we do with overflows, especially for the Wurms)?

My guess is you won’t. Moreover, you shouldn’t be able to in the first place, the worthiness of your goals be kitten ed. You don’t own the instance, no matter how many people you put on it. Other players have a right to be there too.

Lazarus.3970

As a mostly soloer myself, I welcome this change. I solo a lot of things, but I like seeing other people because otherwise the game feels lifeless. Plus I’m sure there will still be many areas that are still fairly empty. People seem to think this update means maps will now have max number of players all the time, every time.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I just wonder about the possible or rather probable increase in lag and load times we will have because of this.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: TKIB.9061

TKIB.9061

Well don’t forget that the mega server will put you on a map after calculating what you gameplay is, so you will be put in an empty map XD

Posted by: Reminiscent Valkyrie.3109

Reminiscent Valkyrie.3109

Maybe don’t join a guild and have no friends, so you don’t get matched up using those two factors and may just be matched up with soloers.

Alyssah Shyles – (Shirokami Kyoudan, Fuse Midori, Hinata Ema, Kimishima Kana)
Administrative Guild Leader of The Luminiferous Constellation [Lumi] on Kaineng US
www.luminiferous-constellation.com

Posted by: Aquila.5142

Aquila.5142

With the hopes that it will be noticed, I’ll just repeat a suggestion that’s been up once or twice in this thread since several other roleplayers have agreed with it on the RP forum:

A checkbox feature for roleplayers. The suggestion is that when sorted into maps, players should be able to enable and disable RP mode. This means that those who have it enabled are automatically sorted into maps with other people who have RP mode enabled, resulting in maps that are not only less disturbed by non-roleplayers but also brings roleplayers from any and all servers together more effectively.

To maintain the community spirit of Piken Square and Tarnished Coast, home server would obviously have to be accounted for even with RP mode enabled as well.

Posted by: Enzo.3906

Enzo.3906

Unfortunately the positives outweight the negatives with this patch. A lot more people want to play and see others than those who wish to play alone.

JQ Spy working for Blackgate Karma Train Division

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

It’s so like them to over engineer a solution that was previously solved more simply in gw1

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I too like to solo, but there’s nothing more frustrating than coming up to an event that you simply can’t do by yourself and there is not a soul anywhere near you to help.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

About: Mega Server and the increased population

The load time for each map gets ridiculously long most of the time even with the highest speed connection.

Right now, loading time to Gendarran Fields from login screen ranges between 46s – 75s.

Switching maps averages of 30s – 46s load time.

Even waypoint in the same map has loading time.

Purchasing an SSD is not an option.

How are you planning to speed up the load time to ensure that we spend more time on playing than waiting on the loading screen?

I play other MMO games with the same mega server technology and I hardly experience any extended load time extending longer than 10s-15s. As a basis for using the same technology, will GW2 make any improvement on the load time with this similar server technology?

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

If I go for a solo walk, I’ll just ignore the people around.
If there’s a group event, I’ll jump in to help and quickly disperse.
This doesn’t really change much for me, but I welcome it for others.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

phys.7689

It’s so like them to over engineer a solution that was previously solved more simply in gw1

the problem is that GW1 had at its basis, a very different system. Nothing was persistant, all the maps that used districts were exactly the same. The idea for GW2 was to actually have dynamic systems where different things were going on. Now, its possible they have thrown out this idea, which makes a district like system more viable

Posted by: Samuel Loretan.8601

Previous

Samuel Loretan.8601

Next

Hi everyone!

First of all, thank you for your overwhelming involvement in commenting this feature. It has been very exciting for me to work on, and I am glad and proud that this excitement is shared by a lot of you!

As Colin mentioned, a lot of your concerns are to be addressed in the upcoming blog posts. I also wanted to answer some of the questions that I’ve seen on this thread.

How does the system know which language I want to use?
The system uses the language spoken in your home world (or your guested world, if you’re guesting). It doesn’t use the language of your client. It is done this way so there is no conflict of priorities between the home world and the language in the algorithm (as both are always aligned), and because in my mind, when you’ve picked your home world, you’ve picked the community you want to play with. And while you may want to set your client to a different language (because you’re better at it, or because you want to learn it), you still want to play with people from that community.

Will this system breaks existing communities?
The whole goal of this new system is to enhance the in-game social environment. We completely get that the community of your home world is important to you, and this is why MegaServers takes that into account. But I also think that with this tool, we can go further. While home world communities are important, they are also very abstract. Choosing which home world to pick is a difficult task, even more difficult when you’re playing the game for the first time, because more often than not, you don’t know what the differences are between each of those worlds. Also, home worlds communities can be quite unbalanced, population wise.

With MegaServers, the idea is to start taking into account more meaningful data to create communities. People you’re playing with, people sharing your interests or your goals, … We want to try to create this “town-like” feeling, in which while there are a lot of different people, you are also encountering the same ones frequently enough to be able to establish meaningful relationships.

This is one of the long term goals for this new system. On April 15th, we’re introducing the core elements that makes it possible, and in this configuration, the home world you’ve picked is very important. And for the other informal communities, we will monitor and adapt the system accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your comments, questions and involvement in this process! I’ll keep an eye on this thread as much as my tight schedule allows me to.
— Samuel Loretan

Posted by: Bigoak.3270

Bigoak.3270

In theory, combined MegaServer’s sound like a good idea, but I have a few concerns.

1. What will happen to Guild Missions/everts (karka queen etc) when we port from map to map?
2. My server runs a Temple at a specific time every day, how will this group manage to run this on the same map, if hardly anyone in the group are friends list or Guild members?
3. If I’m in a map and need help, I ask the Guild and some come, will they be ported to the same map? What if I’m on a map which already has max capacity and 20/30 Guild members try to come help me?
4. What if I’m at a World Boss and tell my Guild it has spawned, will they be able to come to the same boss I am at?

Merging servers sounds good, but it should not be the only solution. We should still have the same server setup as we currently have, and home server. I think the MegaServer should be an option. Have it on the Server Guest list, and be able to guest unlimited to it. So if you feel like doing some map events, you can guest on there and see more people.

However, I still don’t think this will solve the problem, which is maps will still be empty, and people will still only do certain events and afk in hubs.
The main issue is what reason do we have to explore the other maps?
One solution is the dynamic events. We need to bring these back to life.
A revamped reward system should be implemented for these to make it worthwhile to do them. As an example, have completing 3 unique events on a map give better rewards. Either a multiplier to the current reward, or somethign else.
1st unique event gives x10.
2nd gives x7.
3rd gives x5.
4th gives same old reward.
Make the rewards on par with or slightly better than champ farming.
This will give people motivation to do dynamic events on all maps.

~Bigoak

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

TEQ and the WURM might finally be accessable to the average and / or casual player now.

Wrong!
These events, particularly Wurm, requires a very high level of organisation that the average and / or casual player are simple incapable of or not willing to do.

Bahahaha, ‘organization’, that’s a good one! You have any comedy routines I could see? :P

This personally sounds great to me, only thing I can think of is that now the very last reason you could possibly have for not server stacking in WvW is gone.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Still not sure this will address my main issues with PVE and world boss/events?

I can’t tell you how much time and coin I’ve wasted, jumping from map to map events only to find no one there doing them! Would like to know how mega servers will work with world bosses & events?

Maybe show how many players on a map or a flashing icon on the world map of locations where players are doing events.

I want some way to tell if any players doing temple or boss events, before I jump to the map location.

(edited by Sola.7250)

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

This is possibly the WORST thing to do! You will only have around 5% of you guildies in one map which means entire guilds will be torn apart just so PvE can be more active… Screw that, guild missions will now be stupidly hard to organise plus this doesn’t even balance out the WvW numbers problem so what is the point? You’re changing a system that me and many others have never encountered a problem with! I just hope when they implement it in the starter zones that they see how terrible the idea was before they ruin the PvE world and lose players!

Hello,

Think you misunderstand the the quoted +5% guild population per zone. Rather than limiting the population to 5% of one guild per zone, the Megaserver will get 5% more players from your guild into a zone. Of course that is only an estimate calculated from a player population interacting with the current system. When the Megaserver goes live player behavior will change and the percentage changes will likely change.

Following is not a response to TheQuacken.

One metric not listed in those probability changes is the probability of being on your home server. If population per zone increases by an average of 225%, then the number of active instances of a zone must decrease. This will raise the probability that players will be in zones not linked to their home servers.

I would expect to see changes announced over the next 2 days to how guild influence is awarded and to how WvW bonuses are applied to home servers.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

I came back to GW2 because of the features I saw in the April 15 update.
After reading this, I am so glad that I came back!

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

Maybe I am wrong but it seems like this is only appeasing a small group of people that play in servers that are simply just not populated well enough. There isn’t enough information in the blog post to really suggest any major benefits of this for high/full servers. Like I’ve heard from other games, if a population on a server is ridiculously low, that server should ultimately just be merged in with a server that is similar to them in stats or perhaps allow the entire community to one free server change including their guild/banks. It just seems to me that this patch is catering to such a small crowd in which it shouldn’t.

The main issues that I am concerned with are topics such as major events (ie: massive zergs), guild missions, computer problems, as well as ore farming.

1. Zergs. I’ve been reading the Living World discussions quite religiously over the past while and the majority of players just do not want to have as much zergy content anymore. Throw myself in that bunch of people. I would much rather have instanced dungeons where a group of 5 of us can go in to do. I don’t want to sound arrogant but I simply don’t like the aspect of relying on “clowns” in a zerg. This megaserver idea just opens the window wider to allow for much more zergy content which is what people (seemingly) do not want.

2. Guild missions. I guess this will be covered in the next blog posts. As stated above, I can see guild missions becoming a zerg fest of numerous other guilds trying to do a puzzle or challenge of some sort.

3. Computer issues regarding lag. With the megaserver opening the window wider for more zergy content (or at least it seems to be like that), people with mediocre/average computers will suffer from intense amounts of lag. A real life friend of mine was unable to experience the LA content as he was receiving one frame per second during the Watchknight fight. If everything becomes zergy, well I guess I will be saying bye to a personal friend of mine from this game.

4. Lastly, ore faming. I find enjoyment out of searching for good node farms/areas and then relay the information onto my guild’s website. A lot of people thank me for finding nice areas to farm the nodes. With a megaserver and there being difference ‘districts’ of the map, will nodes be changing depending on the district you are in? If so, this is problematic. If the nodes remain stationed in the same places throughout all of the districts then there is no problem regarding this issue.

Hope to hear from Anet regarding these issues soon.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

New and exiting feature is announced…

Forums nitpick at every possible negative detail

GG internet, GG.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Yes I read the article, and that you can still right click join, but how are we going to make sure only TTS members get in (and not their friends/others) before we let other players in (like we do with overflows, especially for the Wurms)?

My guess is you won’t. Moreover, you shouldn’t be able to in the first place, the worthiness of your goals be kitten ed. You don’t own the instance, no matter how many people you put on it. Other players have a right to be there too.

The only way to do these absurd world events is to get as many non-randoms in that will actually follow instructions… So anet can either nerf the events to be casual friendly or allow tools that allow people to get players that actually want to/are capable of doing them to do it together.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

The only way to do these absurd world events is to get as many non-randoms in that will actually follow instructions… So anet can either nerf the events to be casual friendly or allow tools that allow people to get players that actually want to/are capable of doing them to do it together.

People are asking to buff events to be harder not vice versa.

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

I like the idea of a mega server, and eventually I would like to see individual servers done away with entirely. I think GW1’s district system was superior.

But yea, great change in the right direction, gj Anet!

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

People are asking to buff events to be harder not vice versa.

Yes, because ‘you’ comprise ‘people’.

And it’s a load of BS anyway, these events do not require any more organization or skill than any other encounter, they are just the largest cases of DPS/Dodge zerging. Look at the guild that finally beat the wurm, it took them what, three tries to have the mechanics of the fight down pat? And as someone from a casual guild regularly dropped in with randoms it didn’t take the average player much more. But then it came down to doctoring every last point of DPS out of the severely flawed stat system over the next dozen tries, THAT being the gate which bars casual players, not the requirement for individual skill or organization.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Wow

This is truly a welcome thing….

Attachments:

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

This is potentially a great system and possibly what GW2 needed the most. But it really needs a tagging system so that players have some control over how the system sees them. No matter how wonderful the system is, that it’s in the background with no player input is sub-optimal. If that’s coming, even if it’s going to take some time to implement, it’s better that you announce it now than try to play mysterious with us.

RP’ers and Boss Raiders are two communities that could be endangered by this. It’s impossible to rebuild a community once it’s destroyed, you can only build a new one. A slow and painful process. Panic spreads faster than truth or corrections. And nothing destroys a community faster than panic.

I’m not sure it was wise to spread this information over three days to be honest.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Hi everyone!

First of all, thank you for your overwhelming involvement in commenting this feature. It has been very exciting for me to work on, and I am glad and proud that this excitement is shared by a lot of you!

As Colin mentioned, a lot of your concerns are to be addressed in the upcoming blog posts. I also wanted to answer some of the questions that I’ve seen on this thread.

— Samuel Loretan

Why wait two days, post the blogs now? What’s the point of coming here and saying “Oh, your concerns will be addressed soon. We’re not going to post the blogs now. But soon.” What is it with anet and their fear of “spoilers”?

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

New and exiting feature is announced…

Forums nitpick at every possible negative detail

GG internet, GG.

Because remember, kids: every single idea posted to the internet is a great idea with no flaws whatsoever.