Feedback/Questions: MegaServer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

I never thought I’d hear myself say this, but please bring back the old overflow system. Yes, it was flawed, but what we have now is worse. It’s rare now that I see people from my server or guild. The sense of community is missing now and it makes me sad.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

So I played for a few hours last night with a newbie friend and I gotta say, I am definitely seeing an increase of player population in the maps. Calling out champ locations and a dozen people show up. Wandering into an event and 2 others are already there. Running down roads I’m passing other players. It’s exciting. It reminds me of how it was at launch.

So regardless of the World Boss schedule snafu, just playing in the open world feels better. And for that, I thank Anet.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

Ok, so regarding guild missions… that was annoying last night. I’m in a large guild, so when we do guild missions, we’ll have a good 50+ people show up. We had the team split between multiple zone instances, and needed to group and ferry people, which elongated completing missions by quite a bit. Proritization needs to be strengthened for home server and guild, it’s not good enough yet.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I ran the string of boss events again and all were well populated. However, Teq and Wurm are still ghost towns, so why do we need this again?

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I ran the string of boss events again and all were well populated. However, Teq and Wurm are still ghost towns, so why do we need this again?

They’re not megaserver. I was running the world boss train today and that was the general thought. Tequatl would be worth doing if it was on the megaserver, but not without it. Didn’t stop us from trying and failing though.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I’m not reading all the posts, can anyone say what anet considers a comfortably full map? noticed that post, but they gave no approximate numbers >.>

Posted by: JamesT.3645

JamesT.3645

What I don’t understand is why they’ve secretly rolled it out to more zones than they’ve officially stated. Did they think no one would notice?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

What I don’t understand is why they’ve secretly rolled it out to more zones than they’ve officially stated. Did they think no one would notice?

Maybe they simply don’t sit with the forum-post open and edit it as soon as another zone is added?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

They’re not megaserver. I was running the world boss train today and that was the general thought. Tequatl would be worth doing if it was on the megaserver, but not without it. Didn’t stop us from trying and failing though.

Do you really think you can pug Teq with the megaserver system? Without TS organization it’s a very difficult encounter just sayin.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

I’m not reading all the posts, can anyone say what anet considers a comfortably full map? noticed that post, but they gave no approximate numbers >.>

Looks like comfortably = completely.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

The issue I have with Megaservers is that they do not respect the server language division enough. Although ArenaNet claims that home server languages are taken into account when merging people into the same Megaserver map, it frequently happens that people from different language groups end up in the same instance.

The downside of this is that you have a bunch of French-language, German-language and English-language players put together in one map, and each of those groups believes their own language is the official language of the entire mapchat (because of the home server they each picked out). The result is either large groups of players ignoring each other, or one group of players trying to impose their language (usually English) on other players.

This causes conflicts, especially on European Megaserver districts. And especially during World Boss events (where coordination and communication are often required), the current Megaserver system can contribute to these events failing.

My suggestion is to create a “hard division” between servers of different language groups (rather than the “soft division” that is currently in place), so that players from French-language servers will no longer encounter players from non-French servers, and players from English-language servers will no longer encounter players from non-English servers, etc.

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

please stop resetting Malchor’s Leap zone Mining node everyday.

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

The contested waypoints thing is kinda dumb. Instead of showing all waypoints contested that could be, just let you port like before and if it IS contested, then it moves you to the closest one on the map that isn’t (like Orr has always done before).

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

lordkrall.7241

Do you really think you can pug Teq with the megaserver system? Without TS organization it’s a very difficult encounter just sayin.

Maybe a few months back.
Now it is rather easy to do, as long as the commanders know what to do.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Maybe a few months back.
Now it is rather easy to do, as long as the commanders know what to do.

And as long as the commanders all speak the same language and all players are able to undestand that language.

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

I play in a rather large guild and we did a guild event last night, about 50 people, that did run into some hang ups doing guild missions, people in the incorrect overflows and other guilds in the middle of guild missions. However, doing large scale guild events are the extreme minority of my play time and those “hiccups” are well worth it when the majority of my playtime I actually have people to do the random PvE events I encounter when just working on world completion.

Rainbow Sprint.3215

That’s what people say about dungeons too. It depends on people knowing what they’re doing, TS doesn’t matter.

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

Couple of things.

First of Anet is a bunch of liars. They said that the role out of the Megaserver would be slow. Yet now half of all the maps are now the megaserver.

Second, triggered events such as dredged and ogre chieftain are at risk of never being completed again. If people are always in those maps doing the events then the meta event that requires a failed event might never happen if people keep succeeding.

Third, Anet is liars again. I remember an article or maybe it was the manifesto video but I remember a quote that went something along the lines of “You will not have to wait about for timers.” The megaserver has done just that.

Fourth, Karka only being around at one time. People don’t always have time to play at a specific time for that event. Particularly when its needed for traits now. Yes It can be triggered by large guilds. Though you have to be part of that guild and convince people to do it later. Might not get done every day.

Five, the meta event has all been screwed over. I don’t get as many events done after the patch then I did before the patch. It takes longer and some events don’t even get done. Or someone else dose them while your not paying attention. I think Guild Wars needs an in game system to let you know what meta events are happening that you can toggle on or off. Like the daily achievement or something.

Last, it doesn’t work. In hithari hinterlands I was doing the event for Mondir. Representing my guild and having my friend in my party I ended up in a completely different map. I managed to switch over but after loosing connection I ended up in a map that was empty. With no one doing the event. So even though there is no “overflow” the overflow problem still exists. Where you get put into a map and your missing the event cause no one is there to do it. The full map is full and you can’t get in. I though the megaserver was a system to design equal distribution of people. You get put with your friends, guild, and server while a few others from some where else join your party. And if that map is over populated the other maps still have enough people to do the event at the time that it happens. Guess I thought wrong.

Solution: Stop, stop right now right this second. Get everything back to the way it was and don’t come back till everything works right. You added way too many maps way too fast and broke things once more.

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

In one fell swoop Arenanet trivialized open world PvE content even more, destroyed the community, and tripled map load times for NO REASON AT ALL.

I like pretty much every other part of the new patch but the megaserver needs to be cancelled and sent back to the drawing board.

Technically they did have reason, the bottom 10-15 servers on NA where dead servers, but by doing the mega server they never had to admit it, because now they can say each map is full, the serious lack of reply from Anet on this topic is disturbing, its like they see 100 negative comments about it, and see 1 positive comment and run with the positive one and declare the new idea a success, they ignore its completely destroyed communities, some guilds, world events, the list goes on and on, will we getr a reply, I wouldn’t count on it to be honest, will they fix it, HELL NO because then they have to admit fault, remember folks you are testing these updates for the China release, as if its successful out there they don’t need us.

You would be amazed how messed up the game became after listening to the player-base and today GW2 is far more flawed thanks to those suggestions that set it behind and changed the philosphy behind the game.

People have to stop being ignorant and accept that GW2 isn’t about you or him or her, it is about a whole community and just becaue you see negative comments in the forums, doesn’t mean, the player-base think it is bad…no it means that GW2 forums are negative like they always are becasue people only come here to whine and other communities created for GW2 may have other reactions.

Yes, Anet make mistakes, yes, the mega-server may be a failure, but I want ot players, for once…just for once, that just because you think it is a failure doesn’t mean it is in reality and while you may not like it, there are those who are loving it.

Expressing our discontent with a part of the game is one of the functions of this forum. Some people express their discontent in a stronger way than others. So someone who says that the Megaserver is a failure is expressing her/his feeling. And yes that does not mean that it is in reality. But why should somebody not be allowed to express his/her feelings here?

On topic of the Megaserver: It seems like a good idea and what ArenaNet published over how it should work looked good. But the implementation is not good.

I do not know where you play but a lot of players in Europe are now suddenly not playing on a server in their own language but on one where there are multiple languages. And that is a big issue as ArenaNet sold this game to them in their own language and with the promise of servers in their own language. They build a community in their own language. All broken now by this implementation of the Megaservers.
The game is broken for the RP community by this implementation of the Megaservers. Guild events are broken by this implementation of the Megaservers.

Key word is implementation. At the moment there are serious issues with how the Megaservers work. If ArenaNet get them to work as they told us they were going to work I think I will like them. But not at the moment.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

lordkrall.7241

Couple of things.

First of Anet is a bunch of liars. They said that the role out of the Megaserver would be slow. Yet now half of all the maps are now the megaserver.

Third, Anet is liars again. I remember an article or maybe it was the manifesto video but I remember a quote that went something along the lines of “You will not have to wait about for timers.” The megaserver has done just that.

Nope, they never stated that it would roll-out slowly.
They said it would roll-out overtime.

The order and speed of the roll-out will be based on the data we collect.

Is the only information about the speed of the roll-out.

As for the other part. That have been the case since release, not something new added with mega-servers.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Looks like comfortably = completely.

yeahs thats what I’ve been worried about ):.

world bosses(the standard ones) seem to have WAY too many people.

(anet allow an option for users to influence megaservers themselves. Like map of <50 <100 etc..that way we could be in emptier maps if we would like to be. Language options is a must! as well …)

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Ive come to realise that if they arent from my server I dont really care about them. Looks like Im about to screw over some trains for the progress of my new char.

Blood for the Blood God!

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

I hate it. Events were always hard to find now they are even harder with them getting done instantly because there are players every 20 feet.

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Couple of things.

Fourth, Karka only being around at one time. People don’t always have time to play at a specific time for that event. Particularly when its needed for traits now. Yes It can be triggered by large guilds. Though you have to be part of that guild and convince people to do it later. Might not get done every day.

This is not a problem of the megaserver but of the new boss timers, the megaserver could work fine without these changes.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I hate it. Events were always hard to find now they are even harder with them getting done instantly because there are players every 20 feet.

Seriously? In my experience, I never had a hard time finding events, but rather finding people to help me with group events or just someone else to play along with. Last night I saw people all over the place. It was great. Events were getting done, they were more epic cuz they were scaling for 4-5 people instead of 1, and it was anything but lonely.

Everyone complained about lower level zones being ghost towns. Now they’re full of life and still people complain. “Someone did my event pout pout” They’re not yours, the world is dynamic, they often chain, keep running around, join the people who just did the event you missed.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Couple of things.

Nope, they never stated that it would roll-out slowly.
They said it would roll-out overtime.

The order and speed of the roll-out will be based on the data we collect.

ArenaNet stated a lot about the Megaservers. Their communication about it was (and is) very confusing. So I am not surprised most people lost track.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Seriously? In my experience, I never had a hard time finding events, but rather finding people to help me with group events or just someone else to play along with. Last night I saw people all over the place. It was great. Events were getting done, they were more epic cuz they were scaling for 4-5 people instead of 1, and it was anything but lonely.

Everyone complained about lower level zones being ghost towns. Now they’re full of life and still people complain. “Someone did my event pout pout” They’re not yours, the world is dynamic, they often chain, keep running around, join the people who just did the event you missed.

Zerg POWAH!! Maybe this is skynets way of training the masses for WvW.

Ofcourse then they will wonder why they are kittene in 5 man dungeons

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

The contested waypoints thing is kinda dumb. Instead of showing all waypoints contested that could be, just let you port like before and if it IS contested, then it moves you to the closest one on the map that isn’t (like Orr has always done before).

Yes, that would be a much better system.

greetings.

Posted by: Dragon Ruler X.8512

Dragon Ruler X.8512

A few things that i’d like to note:

The megaserver idea is great, but it has a few issues.

1) Guild Recruiting:
For those of us who try to recruit for our guilds I think the megaserver might be an annoying challenge. Given that we are limited in how many characters a message can have and usually promote everything the guild does – most people have to severely shorten their messages to sometimes questionable acronyms to new players and having to add the server will just make it a longer and possibly more confusing message. In addition to that we’ll see a multitude of servers posting for their guilds now too which will just clutter the chat log. A suggestion would be to have a chat log specifically for your world or guild recruiting.

2) Events not resetting:
As events typically reset based on failure to defend an objective we’ll see far less of these failing and ultimately less ability to complete the events. This plays unfavorably towards those of us who want say, traits from killing Lyssa, and can’t obtain them because we can’t kill Lyssa because the event to kill Lyssa is dependent on the defending the temple event to fail which no longer fails because everyone is there defending the temple. A suggestion here would be to force these events to reset with some major (for lack of a better descriptive word) cinematic that just pops up and can’t be stopped. For example: perhaps the priestess of Lyssa just comes back alive and says “Fools! You thought you could get rid of me that easily!?” and then forcibly kicks everyone and everything out of the temple and resets the barrier, thereby resetting the seals and the events.

3) Contested Waypoints:
As it seems to have been mentioned already (i came into this thread after there were 21 tabs – wasn’t gonna read the whole thing) – contested waypoints become the majority in Orr which leaves an entire map inaccessible and thus requires multiple waypointing fees to be paid. A suggestion would be that if you are going to force a waypointing fee on players that it either be standardized or rated only when you cross a map, but not while in the map.

Since I couldn’t immediately find the wardrobe page (searching on this site is horrid since it tries stopping me in 3 letters…) and it seems the devs are watching this thread i’ll post my comments on that too.

Mostly I love it, but I feel the delivery was a bit off. My main complaint is why the 3 tabs? It would have made far more sense to have kept it in the old format, but when you click the “dye” button we had before – just link that to the new wardrobe page and let dyes and skins be together on one screen. It kinda freaks me out when I open to swap weapons and see nothing right away. Additionally I question why when I complete a Heart location that I am given a consumable that is used for only one thing and is account bound (something i’d probably never want to destroy too i might add)? Why not just immediately add it to the pool of other Transmutation Charges? We do this with many other things like badges of honor or dungeon tokens so why not this one? On the concept of dungeon tokens (and a bit off topic) why are pristine fractal relics not in the wallet? Or for that matter, many other “collectible”/“stackable” items that have legitimate uses like blade shards? These things just seem a bit off when everything else has been streamlined.

Anyways – those are my thoughts.

(edited by Dragon Ruler X.8512)

Posted by: Peacenote.1698

Peacenote.1698

Seriously? In my experience, I never had a hard time finding events, but rather finding people to help me with group events or just someone else to play along with.

Out of curiosity…which servers are the two of you from? I bet they are different…

And this, I think, is one of the primary issues with the MegaServer. All of the feedback about server population is not only subjective, but it depends on when you play (time of day) and preference (do you want lots of people around or do you like things peaceful). The Megaserver was meant to solve one point of view only: “When I play it’s deserted and I don’t like it.”

As a result, it has disrupted as many things as it has solved.

—-new thought—-

Question, though: When queuing for sPvP, was one’s server previously respected? For the first time in my memory, I was called “$#@* ranger” for trying to help capture a point. Could admittedly absolutely be coincidence, but this was a new experience for me. I’m wondering if it is another byproduct of all the communities being mixed together or just a random happenstance.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

A few things that i’d like to note:

The megaserver idea is great, but it has a few issues.

1) Guild Recruiting:
For those of us who try to recruit for our guilds I think the megaserver might be an annoying challenge. Given that we are limited in how many characters a message can have and usually promote everything the guild does – most people have to severely shorten their messages to sometimes questionable acronyms to new players and having to add the server will just make it a longer and possibly more confusing message. In addition to that we’ll see a multitude of servers posting for their guilds now too which will just clutter the chat log. A suggestion would be to have a chat log specifically for your world or guild recruiting.

2) Events not resetting:
As events typically reset based on failure to defend an objective we’ll see far less of these failing and ultimately less ability to complete the events. This plays unfavorably towards those of us who want say, traits from killing Lyssa, and can’t obtain them because we can’t kill Lyssa because the event to kill Lyssa is dependent on the defending the temple event to fail which no longer fails because everyone is there defending the temple. A suggestion here would be to force these events to reset with some major (for lack of a better descriptive word) cinematic that just pops up and can’t be stopped. For example: perhaps the priestess of Lyssa just comes back alive and says “Fools! You thought you could get rid of me that easily!?” and then forcibly kicks everyone and everything out of the temple and resets the barrier, thereby resetting the seals and the events.

3) Contested Waypoints:
As it seems to have been mentioned already (i came into this thread after there were 21 tabs – wasn’t gonna read the whole thing) – contested waypoints become the majority in Orr which leaves an entire map inaccessible and thus requires multiple waypointing fees to be paid. A suggestion would be that if you are going to force a waypointing fee on players that it either be standardized or rated only when you cross a map, but not while in the map.

Since I couldn’t immediately find the wardrobe page (searching on this site is horrid since it tries stopping me in 3 letters…) and it seems the devs are watching this thread i’ll post my comments on that too.

Mostly I love it, but I feel the delivery was a bit off. My main complaint is why the 3 tabs? It would have made far more sense to have kept it in the old format, but when you click the “dye” button we had before – just link that to the new wardrobe page and let dyes and skins be together on one screen. It kinda freaks me out when I open to swap weapons and see nothing right away. Additionally I question why when I complete a Heart location that I am given a consumable that is used for only one thing and is account bound (something i’d probably never want to destroy too i might add)? Why not just immediately add it to the pool of other Transmutation Charges? We do this with many other things like badges of honor or dungeon tokens so why not this one? On the concept of dungeon tokens (and a bit off topic) why are pristine fractal relics not in the wallet? Or for that matter, many other “collectible”/“stackable” items that have legitimate uses like blade shards? These things just seem a bit off when everything else has been streamlined.

Anyways – those are my thoughts.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

People were saying the game / zones were dead before megaservers. And now you people say they are too alive. Make up your mind.

(edited by Lévis.5489)

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Was waiting for SB today with a friend. We were in party but he hadn’t arrived yet to the zone. Then he said he was there but I couldn’t see him. I wasn’t in an overflow and neither was he. We were BOTH in Queensdale but our own version that wasn’t labeled “overflow”. The SB event popped but no one was around on my side to do it and my friend was already engaging the boss. I had to log out and log back in for it to work.

So what’s the deal? Neither of us were in any overflow. I feel that the whole Megaserver thing is just adding more complications now.

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

I do like the “underflow” aspect of the Megaservers as it has allowed less-populated maps to feel like a community. It is fun running around and actually encountering people again.

Unfortunately the whole thing breaks down on the world bosses. The reduced occurance of events has jammed people together and the servers are not handling the strain. Bosses are melting like wax and skills are so laggy that some people aren’t managing to get a single hit in – and that’s not counting the people that simply crash out.

Guild warrior for life!

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

Personally I never saw anything wrong with having some zones be somewhat empty. It makes the game feel larger, rather than, say, a crowded shopping mall where everyone is always trying to push their way in to the best stores.

Before megaservers, even some of the low-pop servers were still able to complete large-scale events because they organized properly. If we are going to constantly cater to the lowest common denominator here then you are gong to be left with nothing but people who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Was waiting for SB today with a friend. We were in party but he hadn’t arrived yet to the zone. Then he said he was there but I couldn’t see him. I wasn’t in an overflow and neither was he. We were BOTH in Queensdale but our own version that wasn’t labeled “overflow”. The SB event popped but no one was around on my side to do it and my friend was already engaging the boss. I had to log out and log back in for it to work.

So what’s the deal? Neither of us were in any overflow. I feel that the whole Megaserver thing is just adding more complications now.

Overflow doesn’t exist on megaserver maps. Or, more accurately, every instance of the map is now an unmarked overflow. To meet up with someone on a different instance, form a party and right click on their portrait to Join them.

I should be writing.

(edited by Gulesave.5073)

Posted by: Byter.9051

Byter.9051

Also can we be told BEFORE a map get MS’d because like 20 mins before Teq today Sparkfly got MS’d and it made it really confusing…. People that were in main before the ninja couldn’t get reinforcements.

Posted by: Dorthus.4610

Dorthus.4610

Megaservers would be a great idea for Roleplayers if you could just add some kind of RP tag to your character, to increase your chances of being matched with other Roleplayers. That way the Tarnished Coast and Piken Square communities could unite in a new way, without annoying all the non-roleplayers on those servers.

Posted by: Jdawg.4257

Jdawg.4257

Dear Anet, I feel as if Server Pride is destroyed. Due to this megaserver, I don’t feel like I belong to the server I have been on for close to 2 years.

Also, Guild recruitment is VERY difficult, especially for those that do not participate in WvW. (this is referring to those that don’t like recruiting cross servers)

Now, Guild Missions are extremely difficult for those that are a part of a large guilds. Very annoying and time consuming process just to taxi members into your same flow… and to find another guild already started with puzzle/rush/bounty/challenge… then having to wait some more.

Please tell me that there are solutions for these problems… Over the past few days I have lost the pride I once had for my server. Hey, I think I forgot which one I was on…

[aP] Animalistic Bonz – Dragonbrand
Driver
http://animulplanet.enjin.com/

Posted by: TylerWit.8301

TylerWit.8301

Dear Anet, your megaserver has nearly ruined the game for me. I’m having a nightmare of a time recruiting for my guild vox which is one of the argest if not the largest on GoM. This megaserver has made trying to recruit guildies one of the most obnoxious tasks ever. Every day I get at least 30 people who respond tlo my recruiting advertisement and I get lucky if two are on the GoM server, all the others are not. Sure I could take these people, but why would I when they can’t even wvw for my HOME server. I can’t even imagine how other guild leaders are coping with this catastrophe if I’m struggling with it and recruiting is never an issue for me. I hope you all do something about this incredibly detrimental and obnoxious issue before it hits the point where both myself and other guild leaders don’t want to even bother anymore because it’s so impossible to recruit as efficiently as it was before because a large amount of people who are supposed to be on your home server are on another megaserver in the same map, and you have no way of getting to them because they are stranded there. Guild Missions are also a nightmare, we had half of our guild forced into a different map than the other half, and we had to wait around and taxi them in; which took several minutes because the stupid map was full. Our missions took twice as long to complete because of this megaserver bs. Not only that, but when we tried to do the same guild challenge we popped that another guild had as well who started it we never received credit for finishing it. Ironically this megaserver is actually destroying the community rather than bringing it together, which is totally the opposite goal of it’s original intention. Thank you so much for your time.
a.k.a. Lady Cynn

Cloister of Wand and Pistol [vox]
Lady Cynn (Leader)
Gate of Madness

(edited by TylerWit.8301)

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

This is so stupid. Can’t do bounties because they’re trolled, takes players at least 30 minutes (for a large guild) to get into overflows… overflows kill bosses faster than some ppls’ computers can load. YOU NEED THE ABILITY TO GO INTO THE MEGASERVER OR NOT… and honestly way to kill the point of GUILD wars if you can’t do anything with your guild or even get together in the cities.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Dear Anet, I feel as if Server Pride is destroyed. Due to this megaserver, I don’t feel like I belong to the server I have been on for close to 2 years.

Also, Guild recruitment is VERY difficult, especially for those that do not participate in WvW. (this is referring to those that don’t like recruiting cross servers)

Now, Guild Missions are extremely difficult for those that are a part of a large guilds. Very annoying and time consuming process just to taxi members into your same flow… and to find another guild already started with puzzle/rush/bounty/challenge… then having to wait some more.

Please tell me that there are solutions for these problems… Over the past few days I have lost the pride I once had for my server. Hey, I think I forgot which one I was on…

+1

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

Posted by: Hax.8701

Hax.8701

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Personally to me it’s more for just hanging out. I moved to TC for the WvW but always guest on BP to hang out with my friends in Vigil Keep. Today I logged in and see so many people I did not know. I logged out and made sure a second time that I was guesting, and logged back in. Same thing I had no clue who half these people are. I eventually had to join a friend’s party and join their “overflow” just to see a familiar face. I guest for a reason, I don’t want to be lumped up with all these random people because they share the same language as me.

[Bae] Baewatch
Hax Shot
DH

Posted by: Nexxius.6017

Nexxius.6017

Step 1: Anet Announce mega servers.
Step 2: Players voice concerns that are legitimate to their style of play. RP/PVE/PVP/Commuity.
Step 3: Anet Claim this won’t be a problem and that match making is intelligent.
Step 4: Players ask for mega servers not to be in Cities and Boss areas.
Step 5: Anet decides to roll it out in quiet areas.
Step 6: Players test mega servers and voice concerns.
Step 7: Anet ignores all concern, problemss and requests up to this time and rolls it out anyway in boss areas in cities. Guilds can’t rally, RPers get trolled, Guild Bounties get griefed, community groups break down.
Possible Step 8: RPers go back to wow, aeon, FF and Rift to spend their money, PVEers move to ESO where the Mega Servers are done better.

Posted by: pixiedancer.1526

pixiedancer.1526

Step 4: Players ask for mega servers not to be in Cities and Boss areas.

^

This please, I wanted to post here although I’ve already posted elsewhere. Let cities and boss zones stay as community hubs. Even WoW doesn’t apply their version of megaservers to their cities and Blizzard stopped giving a kitten about the community years ago.

Disable megaservers in cities. I could make a big post about why it doesn’t make a difference for cities but I think most people who have played for a long time know the only thing most people who don’t RP in cities do is idle/talk to friends/the occasional costume fight.

Let cities stay as community hubs, please.

(edited by pixiedancer.1526)

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Please give us our homeservers back anet. The current megaservers are just horrible, funkilling and unnecessary, so please get rid of them. It’s like I’m on an overflow allzhe time. On the EU-Servers there are also big language problems. There people with four different first languages on one map and there’s just chaos. And there also many racist, who just start flaming when there’s anything in an language they don’t speak. Every german post in the mapchat is followed by at least 2-3 “You’re from Germany so you’re a kitten” posts
your’re a kitten yeah i hate that censorship

Great opportunity to report all those bigots, wouldn’t you say? Don’t give them power by allowing them to troll you. Report them (not just block them) and good riddance!

The trolls are more easily revealed now (the megaserver is a virtual “revealed” debuff on their horrible human character.) Please help us get rid of them once for all by swiftly reporting them.

And don’t feel I am being callous-it is because I am honestly against such stupid bigotry that I implore of you to report them mercilessly. This is not a Megaserver problem but a community cancer that needs to be eradicated (GW2 is NOT the “free internet” where you can freely “express yourself”-if you are offensive, you WILL be banned.)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Megaservers would be a great idea for Roleplayers if you could just add some kind of RP tag to your character, to increase your chances of being matched with other Roleplayers. That way the Tarnished Coast and Piken Square communities could unite in a new way, without annoying all the non-roleplayers on those servers.

Their matching algorithm can’t even get people in the same party into the same megaserver instance. I doubt they’d be able to pull off an RP tag system.

Posted by: Jdawg.4257

Jdawg.4257

#downwiththemegaservers

[aP] Animalistic Bonz – Dragonbrand
Driver
http://animulplanet.enjin.com/

Posted by: redeyedx.3514

redeyedx.3514

I 100% agree with him.
Because of the megaserver, I can no longer recruit new members for the guild. It’s very tough for me now that I can’t go to the area to send out the recruit messages and also see the guild mates in the same map during the guild missions. Please do something about this.

Posted by: Demon Alchemist.6852

Demon Alchemist.6852

I just wanted to share a huge issue that my guild is having. we are one of the largest guilds on FC, and we like to give our members as much as possible, that way they can enjoy the game to the fullest. For this reason, we offer guild missions twice a week.

Sadly the magaserver system is making this extremely difficult. It was not easy in the first place to organize 50-100 people and get them all to the right zones for Bounties, Puzzles, Challenges, and Rushes. Now it is next to impossible. This is leading to a lot of really disappointed people who can’t get their guild commendations or even generally have a good time. This is made even more difficult, because sometimes there are 2-3 guilds doing the same bounty. It is really disheartening to see how frustrated everyone is getting during guild events.

Doing missions is a huge part of what we do as a guild. We work overtime to create a sense of home in FC, this new system is literally obliterating all of our hard work. This makes me really sad, because we have worked really hard to make our little low pop server a fun place to play. And we have busted our butts to give our guildies a fun place to play TOGETHER.

On top of destroying our servers identity, it is also hurting our guild. The system is making it impossible to recruit. So to summarize, it hurts the server, the guild, and the players.

I know I am just a consumer, and I am not the one programing and designing new content to make this game awesome, that’s you guys. But that being said, its obvious that the new system is broken and terribly flawed. Fixing low population servers with this megaserver system is like performing a root canal with a jackhammer. Its majorly overkill and ultimately causes more damage than what was there in first place.

Maybe guilds can create their own instance, or even the ability to turn off megaservers. Just please, don’t leave it the way it is!

Thanks.`