Feedback/Questions: The Wardrobe System

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

So can i use my Sunrise and Twilight to make Eternity and have access to all across my account?

Yes.
Soulbinding Sunrise unlocks that skin to the account.
Soulbinding Twilight unlocks that skin to the account.
Combining and making Eternity and soulbinding that will unlock Eternity to the account.

Actually, soulbinding Eternity may even unlock Twilight too according to their example.

Ah, that’s right. I had forgotten about the previous versions of skins being unlocked as well. Like unlocking the tempered spinal blade back piece automatically unlocks all lower tier versions of it as well. Good call.

Wow thanks guys this is crazy awesome!

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Makes me wonder, with this “all or nothing” system, will cultural armor be available across the board?

I just made a new thread asking this very question. Anybody know? I can’t seem to find any info about how this will affect cultural armors.

EDIT: A kind person just posted this answering this question.

Both racial armor and heavy, medium, light are to be limited to the way it was from the start. Though, it isn’t officially stated in the article, someone from Anet commented about a suggestion regarding this some days ago, meaning these are meant to be unique ’’features’’ for those specific races/classes.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

(edited by Wasbunny.6531)

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

For a start, by removing armor types from the game you allow the designers more freedom to create armor and weapon designs without having to be separated by as many variables because everyone can wear the same thing, they just have to choose weather they want to or not.

Actually it would be the opposite.
You would add a new variable to the designers, this way they would need to check if a new heavy coat doesn’t clip with that new light and medium leg and shoulders, and so on.

I admit that I would love 100% freedom with armor skin, but that would be a mess.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

“Cultural” armors staying racially bound? Didn’t see any mention of that in the blog so it’s worth asking.

Posted by: Offline.7194

Offline.7194

I have a question about this wardrobe system.

It’s all nice and stuff, but do we have to use those transmutation charges everytime we want to swap skins? i know it would be common sense, but i don’t really intend to pay up everytime i want to swap my skins, or am i mistaken here?

Our world is so full of many injustices.

Wasbunny.6531

Oh ok thanks nGumball, that would make sense. I searched around the forums a bit to find the answer but with so many abuzz about the wardrobe changes I didn’t find it. Thanks again

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: AlphaWolf.2709

AlphaWolf.2709

Wait…so after this patch I’ll be able to wear heavy looking armor on my Mesmer?

Belzebu.3912

Wait…so after this patch I’ll be able to wear heavy looking armor on my Mesmer?

Nope.
He is just suggesting it.

Posted by: Afro Dude.8423

Afro Dude.8423

So, I was going over the wardrobe system & a question just popped into my head. While I like a lot of the new changes, I have to wonder if we’ll be able to retain the appearance of a secondary armor set?

For example, my Zerker set is Tier 3, and my PTV set is SE armor. If I have my appearance in the wardrobe set to Tier 3, would I be able to equip my PTV set and have the SE armor’s appearance? Or would I need to burn Transmutation Charges to not be stuck with one look?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

But that is what we’ve always been doing…using stones/crystals to apply a new look to our existing armors. Nothing is changing in that regard other than consolidating stones and crystals into a single item, plus you do not need to destroy an item to apply its appearance to another item. This is much better in every possible way over how it was.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

TL;DR – if you have 2 legendaries/skins right now, you can use 2. If you only have 1, your characters can only display one at a time. One Quip? Pick the hand that can display quip. 2 Quips? Thief and Engi can both show 2.

Agree that this is the best option for one-handed weapons. Even if stat swapping is worth the cost of a legendary (and of course it isn’t—you can make more than enough ascended weapons to switch between for the cost of a legendary), people with two infinite lights, two whisperblades, etc. will be screwed if they now only need one to get the skin twice.

But this still doesn’t help people who’ve made two sunrises, mjolnirs, volcanuses, etc. for different characters, or even just to have different stats if they wanted them (for the expensive, non-legendary, two-handed skins), and they need compensation, too.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Posted by: Jayyessboii.2478

Jayyessboii.2478

With the new Wardrobe System Patch coming up, I was wondering what will happen to items worn AGES ago and are long gone. For example, dungeon armors and event items that have been salvaged or sold. Will they still be unlocked as skins when the patch is released? or will we need to farm them all over again.

Offline.7194

But once you choose a new look, do you stay like that until you choose something different?

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

Wondering if this is also the thing they mentioned where you can use PvE gear appearances in PvP and vice versa. Curious as i got quite a few skins in PvE i’d want to use in PvP, which i couldn’t “farm” in time in spvp.

Belzebu.3912

We’ll use transmutation just like we use now, the difference is that we won’t need to destroy one of the gear to have the skin.

If you change the gear then obviously you need to apply the skin again.

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

I still liked having armor be class specific, so no I hate this idea

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I think that the armor still exists separately as items. It just gives you the flexibility to change the looks without changing the stats. You will still have two armor sets, you just won’t need to have two with the same stats just to change appearances.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

you will gain both the skins autmatically.

Posted by: Shakkara.2641

Shakkara.2641

In the PVP locker, you cannot select the icons for racial armor for a race that isn’t your own. I suspect something similar in the wardrobe.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

You’re not getting your armor sets deleted. f you have 12 different amror sets with same or different looks or stats you will still have them in full. Wardrobe just allow you to purchase the look you like once and transmutate to other items for a small price.

Offline.7194

oh i see… well, i’ll just work to get the best armor i can get then, then change the skin…

StinVec.3621

Yep, just as it has always been. Think of it like, instead of melding two items into one using a stone/crystal, we pay one charge to have an appearance illusion placed on our armor to make it look like another. Want to change the illusion to a different one? Pay another charge. This is better in that we no longer have to destroy an item just to get its appearance onto our armor we are wearing.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

So, to make clear then, we finally got the wardrobe we all wanted because we are tired of using up space in inventory and bank for all our multitudes of armor skins and weapon skins. People still complain. We can now make ONE legendary and get the skin on all toons. People are complaining. We get account bound dyes… FINALLY, and people are complaining. ANet gives us something for the double dyes we have. Complain. Cost to “transmute” skin onto another toon… same “price” as it always was, but way more convenient. Complain. Have I covered everything???

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: SoulWarden.8197

SoulWarden.8197

I actually had the same question, good on you for starting it.

Honestly I would be SO stoked if we could!

Wasbunny.6531

Someone answered this question on a thread I just made regarding this.

Both racial armor and heavy, medium, light are to be limited to the way it was from the start. Though, it isn’t officially stated in the article, someone from Anet commented about a suggestion regarding this some days ago, meaning these are meant to be unique ’’features’’ for those specific races/classes.

Inimicus.7162

Deserves a mention that they screwed a whole bunch of their customers over this “feature” thing, even though the way all armors work is exactly the same, and technically they are all designed (mesh and skin) on a human frame.

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

I’d assume they will keep the racial requirement since it is supposed to be a set of armor skins unique to each race.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

So, to make clear then, we finally got the wardrobe we all wanted because we are tired of using up space in inventory and bank for all our multitudes of armor skins and weapon skins. People still complain. We can now make ONE legendary and get the skin on all toons. People are complaining. We get account bound dyes… FINALLY, and people are complaining. ANet gives us something for the double dyes we have. Complain. Cost to “transmute” skin onto another toon… same “price” as it always was, but way more convenient. Complain. Have I covered everything???

Go spend 6k gold and make two of the same legendary. When you are done come back and let us know what you think.

g e o.2589

You can only see stuff in your hero panel wardrobe that fits to your class/race

Inimicus.7162

That was my assumption, i lost $70 over it, but it was worth asking anyway.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

What about the order’s armor? The vigil, whispers and priory, will I still be able to use a priory armor on a character that is a vigil?

And the thief’s starter hood, will i still be able to equip the hood on my ranger like i used to do before?

StinVec.3621

Mmm…..yeah, pretty much.

Inimicus.7162

What about the order’s armor? The vigil, whispers and priory, will I still be able to use a priory armor on a character that is a vigil?

And the thief’s starter hood, will i still be able to equip the hood on my ranger like i used to do before?

I would call it safe to assume these will be available account wide since they have nothing against transmuting them all over the place…. this will clean up the process actually.

Won’t bring back all my old living world items or any number of things that I once had but now cost small fortunes (bull/avian mantle, skins that are now in the black lion weapon merchants, etc). Guess I’m going to have to pray for that merchant they randomly announced before it was apparently put into the game lolol

g e o.2589

well restrictions were pointless from start since you could transmutate via white thing and such and you still needed char for orders so i think its removed now.

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

I don’t understand why people are complaining still? I welcome the change. and I will be charging more gems for this system because I approve it! love it!

as for the dual legendary, no, you won’t be laughed at because the stats can’t be transmute, only the skins.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Don’t get me wrong. I like the update overall. It’s good for the game, and I’m happy about it. But I’m annoyed that I just got a second Bolt, and I’m sure lots of people would like to get something for their second Whisperblade or whatever. I really think the best option would be being able to submit a ticket and get all the mats back from a Bolt, so I could make a different legendary/sell the lodestones/etc. Maybe a lot of work for customer service, but it’d be real nice.

For people who keep thinking that changing stats is great: I would rather use the gold I spent on a legendary on lots of ascended weapons and, if need be, an extra bag slot. I’d still have lots of gold left over. And, again, that doesn’t help people with duplicate Infinite Lights, Whisperblades, etc.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Words cannot express how satisfied I am with these changes… Especially with what OP has said about people tossing their extra stones. I don’t quite have 500 but I have a lot that I’ve been storing in my bank for the day they might be of use.
Thank you, ANet. These changes will be game changing for myself and many others I’m sure. As someone who puts a great deal of effort (and gold o,o) in to making their characters look just how they want, this will really reduce the efforts necessary ( :

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Personally, I don’t mind the new system. Looks easier to use than the current system, and, if Trans Charges are automatically stored in the UI and Stones phased out, it saves a little bank space.

However, I feel functionality could be further improved by:

• Expanding it to a gear locker as well. Not only this, tie in Trait and Skill templates, so it’s sort of like a Complete Build template. Maybe if something like this was implemented, reduce the cost of skinning, and add an option to purchase more template slots.
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Farming Determination – Skyrocketed.

About time that a wardrobe was implemented, I was saying the game needed something like this even in beta when it was announced that costumes and dyes were per character and occupied inventory space, funny how one system seems to have boosted my motivation to play again and gather things.

The cost for the skins is acceptable, although if i’m not mistaken it’s more a shift of gains toward anet from the players side, hopefully this won’t make drastic changes to the players economy…

In the end it’s nice to know that once I work my behind off for a item, my other characters can also have the skin, can’t wait for the big patch.

(edited by Kaderin.7584)

Posted by: sion.2603

sion.2603

Don’t get me wrong. I like the update overall. It’s good for the game, and I’m happy about it. But I’m annoyed that I just got a second Bolt, and I’m sure lots of people would like to get something for their second Whisperblade or whatever. I really think the best option would be being able to submit a ticket and get all the mats back from a Bolt, so I could make a different legendary/sell the lodestones/etc. Maybe a lot of work for customer service, but it’d be real nice.

That would be quite a task, but a very good decision overall I feel I think those who were shafted by this change will be quite happy if something like that was implemented.

nGumball.1283

Well, one thing people aren’t keeping in mind is the depth this will offer to the gaming experience. This isn’t only an end-game skin collecting journey, this will also be a huge part of the leveling experience where people will give more attention to what they get, starting their collection from the start.

Combined with the system where traits are collectable by playing content in the game, this could be a huge improvment to the depth of the game itself. Exploring however, now is even more rewarding and if the trait collection process actually include interesting, challenging mission to each the players the mechanics, introducing them to the game in a better way, this is gonna be huge.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

What part of this suggestion is stopping you from wearing armor that is specific to your class?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Vilaptca.6037

Vilaptca.6037

Or living story items that you accidentally transmuted over and now can’t get back.

Belzebu.3912

What part of this suggestion is stopping you from wearing armor that is specific to your class?

I think his problem isn’t preventing him from wearing the armor, is allowing others to wear whatever they want.

Posted by: Lazarus.3970

Lazarus.3970

Or living story items that you accidentally transmuted over and now can’t get back.

From the sound of it, as long as they were only transmuted once, you will get the skin for the previous item. If you transmute Item1 and Item2, but then transmute Item2 to Item3, you will only get the skin for Item2 and Item3, but not Item1.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I think his problem isn’t preventing him from wearing the armor, is allowing others to wear whatever they want.

What is stopping others from wearing armor that is specific only to their class?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

I am not that happy with the wardrobe. I had spent a significant amount of time and effort grinding fractal skins for my characters, and in case of greatswords, swords or daggers – also additional duplicates for the alts. With the wardrobe all the effort of farming fractal skins for more than one character becomes meaningless.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

I don’t understand why people are complaining still? I welcome the change. and I will be charging more gems for this system because I approve it! love it!

as for the dual legendary, no, you won’t be laughed at because the stats can’t be transmute, only the skins.

The second legendary is not worth it for the ability to swap stats on the fly. I am willing to bet that most players would gladly trade their second legendary for 2-3 ascended weapons (that you can have different sigils on) and get 90% of what they spent on their legendary back.

Using stat swapping as a justification for not compensating players is a horrible argument. The primary value of a legendary is and always will be the skins until legendaries are account bound and allow sigil swapping on the fly just like stats.

Even then ascended weapons can now perfectly imitate dual wielding legendaries for a fraction of the cost.

There are a couple ways for anet to make this fair:
1) Seperate Legendaries from the wardrobe system
2) Make dual wielding the same skin available only after unlocking that same skin twice.
3) Refund Players for their Legendaries (swap to a legendary of equal of lesser value based on the average of each a month before the switch) or return the equivalent gold value.

nGumball.1283

What is stopping others from wearing armor that is specific only to their class?

Because that’s what make different races and professions unique, aside from the confusion that could happen in PvP. Allowing everyone to wear whatever armor-type may lead to a very huge lack in diversity between the races and profession when many players actually start a new race/profession just for the sake of the unique armor.

My opinion though.

nGumball.1283

The second legendary is not worth it for the ability to swap stats on the fly. I am willing to bet that most players would gladly trade their second legendary for 2-3 ascended weapons (that you can have different sigils on) and get 90% of what they spent on their legendary back.

Using stat swapping as a justification for not compensating players is a horrible argument. The primary value of a legendary is and always will be the skins until legendaries are account bound and allow sigil swapping on the fly just like stats.

Even then ascended weapons can now perfectly imitate dual wielding legendaries for a fraction of the cost.

There are a couple ways for anet to make this fair:
1) Seperate Legendaries from the wardrobe system
2) Make dual wielding the same skin available only after unlocking that same skin twice.
3) Refund Players for their Legendaries (swap to a legendary of equal of lesser value based on the average of each a month before the switch) or return the equivalent gold value.

Many MMOs change, being restricted to what players accomplished can demolish an MMO as new content usually hurts old one in one way or another.

On the other hand, they can’t seperate legendaries only because people who have multiple skins will have the same complaint.

It is a metter of perspective and how Anet is gonna deal with it, in my personal opinion, is nothing to blame them for. Would be great to give compensation for those who have more but wouldn’t be fair to insult Anet just for making changes becasue that’s how MMOs should be.