Feedback/Questions: The Wardrobe System

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: conradpedalo.5381

conradpedalo.5381

The wardrobe vault that shows all the armor avail will it also come with a tooltip on how to acquire said skin?

Just let me die so I can waypoint out this mess

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

heh.. i just gonna leave this “light” armor here…speaks for itself

Attachments:

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Also, stop complaining, opening threads about Transmutation charges, we have no info regarding how to obtain these, starting drama is just useless.

Do you think people are going to do this just because you say so?

Not really, lol. I just hope people would be more reasonable, massive threads have been opened and frankly you can find tons of people complaining about things that are yet to come or they have misunderstood.

I wish people could enjoy games instead of seeking for that perfect one … that is yet to come.

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

This sound all good and nice but we need clarification on a couple of things

1. How are we gonna aquire charges ? Not all of us are super rich
2. How many charges to do a complete set on a caracter ?
3. Are we at least gonna start off with a set of charges to test out this system ?

and i think store bought skins should be free to be used as wardrobe

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

With the new wardrobe, will skins like the Necro/Mesmer masks, Guardian shoulders, etc, be unlocked for all chars as well?

Or are they not included.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: sion.2603

sion.2603

The people who own double of the same Legendary have now become the object of ridicule…

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

You have to use 1 charge for every change you make. So, changing looks on 6 armor pieces will use 6 transmutation charges.

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

3. Are we at least gonna start off with a set of charges to test out this system ?

1. How did you transmute items until now? With crystals. You’re gonna aquire the charges just like you aquired the crystals before.

2. Just like before, you need one charge / crystal to change one piece of armor. So, 6 for a complete set of armor, plus additional ones if you want to change the backpiece or weapon(s).

3. If you have trans crystals, they’ll be converted to charges 1:1. If you have trans stones, they’ll be converted to charges 3:1.

Posted by: Goldberg.4831

Goldberg.4831

The only cool, permanent change you have made in over a year, and surprise, surprise, they funnel it thru the gem store, Bravo. Can you just put me on a 15 dollar a month payment plan?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They said any skin that you bind to a character will be unlocked for the entire account.

Starter gear is automatically bound to your character, so I assume that includes starter gear as well.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The only cool, permanent change you have made in over a year, and surprise, surprise, they funnel it thru the gem store, Bravo. Can you just put me on a 15 dollar a month payment plan?

This system was already in the gem store, they are just making it easier to use AND giving you the ability to transmute without destroying any gear.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Suserihime.1506

Suserihime.1506

I’d just want the thief masks since all of them are solid. Heck I plan on using the blinder one for my ranger’s ascended headpiece.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

And yet you can get Transmutation Charges by doing simple things like dailies, or map exploration or, as you might not know this, buy them with gold. It’s not like charges are hard to come by.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

We don’t really know that charges will be acquired the same way stones/crystals were in-game. There’s nothing to say yet that those items won’t be removed and charges made store-only that I’m aware of.

Goldberg.4831

And yet you can get Transmutation Charges by doing simple things like dailies, or map exploration or, as you might not know this, buy them with gold. It’s not like charges are hard to come by.

Not true.

nGumball.1283

Don’t get too excited, most sub games now have gameshops. At least, it is totally cosmetic here instead of a mount doubling your movement speed.

Also, nothing is confirmed regarding the charges. They will toally be collectable in-game. How hard though, is a question we gonna find.

nGumball.1283

We don’t really know that charges will be acquired the same way stones/crystals were in-game. There’s nothing to say yet that those items won’t be removed and charges made store-only that I’m aware of.

Or that they gonna release them for free for everyone, so you have an infinite amount.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Too bad that i doubt this is going to bring back any of those old skins i deleted/reskinned/lost long, long ago.

And it also doen’t actually fix the armoring issues suffered by norn females. (It uses norn male attributes, and makes females armor look weird in many, many cases…especially the shoulders.)

Nice idea and all, too bad it doesn’t actually do anything useful for me.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

So two part question about existing skins:

1. If I have an armor skin in my inventory, such a the Dragon Bash helms, are these automatically added to my Wardrobe, or do I have to apply them to something first?

2. If I do add them to my wardrobe, will they then cost me a transmutation charge to equip to something, even though they were originally free to apply? Will I have to leave them taking up primary inventory space if I don’t want them to cost extra?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Goldberg.4831

Don’t get too excited, most sub games now have gameshops. At least, it is totally cosmetic here instead of a mount doubling your movement speed.

Also, nothing is confirmed regarding the charges. They will toally be collectable in-game. How hard though, is a question we gonna find.

Really, because WOW implemented this feature almost two years ago, for free thru a subscription. This system should have been in place since day one.

nGumball.1283

Really, because WOW implemented this feature almost two years ago, for free thru a subscription. This system should have been in place since day one.

WoW though is about gear, not about skins therefore making it for free doesn’t make any difference especially that they offer alot of stuff in the shop, like leveling up to 90 directly, getting full 2nd tier gear.

All await games to be perfect since day 1 and they will never be therefore all change should be stopped according to that logic. 2 years ago, WoW was 8 years old, 8 years of development and polishing.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

TBH, sure I was looking forward to the feature patch, but there was nothing I “couldn’t wait for.” This wardrobe thing though is spectacularly amazing and I now can’t wait for this patch to come. XD Too bad I still can’t wear heavy pieces with medium but it’s still awesome.

Also how will the town clothes shorts and shirts work? tonic thing confuses me.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

It doesn’t solve all problems but it’s a big step and an improvement to what we have.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

How do you suppose WvW players will see the difference between a guardianand an ele to focus someone?

Don’t give this kitten as a false excuse. No one is using armor appearance to target opponents. Every Asura should be banned from WvW then. Since they are the size of a tic-tac on screen. In a zerg, with the fields flying all around you, you aren’t picking out armor. Then comes the fact that a lot of player play with the character model quality set to low. Making only the generic character stand-in appear.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

Hm. I want to write a tiny bit of feedback of the wardrobe itself. I have so far been only reacting to the loss of town clothes system. That one hurt.

Wardrobe: I don’t really care.

I never have felt it necessary and enjoyed collecting items TM’ing them to low level common/fine rarity equipment. I don’t want to create any final looks to characters, just switch around those pieces when I feel like.
I hope I can still make account bound items this way. I can’t, won’t have a look locked in to a character. On my main accounts I have 21 character slots each.

Dye system has kind of made me happy save for the loss of unids which I loved, I don’t expect those are available in any content I wish to do. Still, I have plenty of opened dyes (a hobby I’m fond of) in storage and I have never used any, not wishing to lock any to one character.
…I’m worried that what if there is no way for me to continue with my hobby of collecting those armor items.

::addition:: That “Account-Bound” article does keep me hopeful a little, it may have something to do with what I want.

let the sky fall

(edited by Traced.3495)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

This is a lot to take in an go through on the forums, so let me ask this: does the wardrobe remove the armor type restrictions? As in, can my mesmer wear a medium armor skin?

Doesn’t look like it. The picture I saw on page 4 of this thread, by Nabuko Darayon.9645
at 09:51, had the mouse pointing at a helm and it said heavy armor. (I tried to copy it but it came out too blurry on my iPad)

nGumball.1283

How do you suppose WvW players will see the difference between a guardianand an ele to focus someone?

Don’t give this kitten as a false excuse. No one is using armor appearance to target opponents. Every Asura should be banned from WvW then. Since they are the size of a tic-tac on screen. In a zerg, with the fields flying all around you, you aren’t picking out armor. Then comes the fact that a lot of player play with the character model quality set to low. Making only the generic character stand-in appear.

If you want to play aside from zergs you won’t be able to focus someone if you are a thief, cause you won’t know if it a guardian, warrior, mesmer or whatever, since alot of those use the same kind of weapons and attacking a guardian leaving the mesmer or the ele behind is kinda dum.

I am not using it as an excuse but as one valid reason why it is hard to implement and there are others.

Posted by: Cheiron the Centaur.1829

Cheiron the Centaur.1829

I just want to say thank you, ArenaNet. Improved trait system (and free trait point refunds), account wide dye system, the wardrobe… this is the kind of changes to the game that I’ve been waiting/hoping for for a long time! I definitely hope you continue along this line!

Posted by: Tecca.4036

Tecca.4036

You can see their class when you target them. In a group and need to focus on someone? Hold Ctrl and click on them to target them. I don’t know of anyone that looks at armor to see which class someone is. Can’t a guardian look exactly like a warrior? Yes.

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Makes me wonder, with this “all or nothing” system, will cultural armor be available across the board?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

This is the post some of you are thinking of.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Felkes.2759

Felkes.2759

I love what they’ve shown of the system so far, but my main concern is whether or not previously applied skins (for example my phoenix armor) will show up in this new wardrobe system.
Any word on this?

Posted by: ASaturnus.4980

ASaturnus.4980

Some basic clothing items that are no longer available for purchase will be converted into endless tonics.

I would like to have some clarification on this line. Are we gonna lose skins we paid for with real money? Is there any compensation? (apart from a useless endless tonic)

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

1. How did you transmute items until now? With crystals. You’re gonna aquire the charges just like you aquired the crystals before.

2. Just like before, you need one charge / crystal to change one piece of armor. So, 6 for a complete set of armor, plus additional ones if you want to change the backpiece or weapon(s).

3. If you have trans crystals, they’ll be converted to charges 1:1. If you have trans stones, they’ll be converted to charges 3:1.

Even tho i appreciate your reply i would like to know exactly where the official post is you got this info from so i can read up a bit.

The thing that bothers me now is that i have to spend 3x as much to a set on a low level caracter as before. Also some info on the price of charges if bought from the gem store would be nice.

Another thing is say i buy a armor skin from the store its usually free to transmute to a set. What happens after the 15th will i be able to do it once on all my caracters ?

(edited by Osculim.2983)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I just realized I’ll be able to Dual Wield Incinerators now and wouldn’t have to make a 2nd one? lol. :P Glad I didn’t craft 2 like a lot of cool kids did. I knew it would be regretted eventually, but because of new Legendarys on the way. No stat change on the fly though but oh well.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

So can i use my Sunrise and Twilight to make Eternity and have access to all across my account?

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Posted by: ArtsyAlraune.3940

ArtsyAlraune.3940

This is the post some of you are thinking of.

Ah, alright! That sheds some light on why it hasn’t been done so far. Thank you.

I’m really hoping they do something about it- I’m certainly not the only one who’d like to have the option to use skins outside their armor class.

PVP armor/lockers are staying the same, and being able to wear town clothes into combat for WvW completely negates using armor at a glance in WvW mobs to identify people (and let’s not forget there are many more player classes than there are classes of armor), so the only technical reason I really see is this texture sorting thing.

re: reasons outside of actual technical difficulties to not have mixing: “Not all of it would look good together” applies to armor within its OWN class, as well, as well as clipping issues. I have clipping issues with different medium sets all the time. The smart solution is to preview that kitten and just not use that armor combination if it would have big clipping problems… But some light armor could pass as medium armor, and vice versa. I have a friend with a mesmer who’s found a combination of light sets that even looks like heavy armor. On an asura.

nGumball.1283

Some basic clothing items that are no longer available for purchase will be converted into endless tonics.

I would like to have some clarification on this line. Are we gonna lose skins we paid for with real money? Is there any compensation? (apart from a useless endless tonic)

They are referring to toys for example. That instead of wearing the item as some kind of clothes, you use it as a tonic, making you get the toy anyhow, like the broom etc.

nGumball.1283

So can i use my Sunrise and Twilight to make Eternity and have access to all across my account?

Yes. However, you will have access to the skins of the items, not the stats.

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

Yeah, but WoW does have a subscription. GW2 doesn’t. Do you really expect GW2 to offer the same thing that WoW offers for 13€ a month, for free? They do have to make money somehow. I wasn’t fine with the previous system because it was user-unfriendly and destructive, and I refused to spend money on that, but now I gladly will.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Yes.
Soulbinding Sunrise unlocks that skin to the account.
Soulbinding Twilight unlocks that skin to the account.
Combining and making Eternity and soulbinding that will unlock Eternity to the account.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

nGumball.1283

Yes.
Combining and making Eternity and soulbinding that will unlock Eternity to the account.

Actually, soulbinding Eternity may even unlock Twilight too according to their example.

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

It seems somewhat redundant at this point to have a separation between armor types other than “it keeps class identity separate” since even then a big symbol next to a persons name can just as easily point out X or Y is this class or that.

More importantly, it unlocks full customization which I think a lot of people would rather prefer to do at this point than being denied the right to make the character of their personal tastes.

There are advantages to removing armor types

For a start, by removing armor types from the game you allow the designers more freedom to create armor and weapon designs without having to be separated by as many variables because everyone can wear the same thing, they just have to choose weather they want to or not.

Armor defines characters!

At this point I don’t agree, really all it does is separate the guy in a dress from the guy in a suit of plate, since every class is supposed to be essentially free range anyway, I don’t see much reason “not” to simply open the door to that very model of thinking and make all armor accessible to every class.

Wont this be counter productive to the community?

How? In what way is giving MORE options to design your chars personal style a problem for the community? Name one kitten good reason.

Design time would be a pain, armor is hard coded into the game

A valid point, but since features are being swapped around anyway I’m pretty sure in a future features patch this could be easily worked around and hard programmed into the current programming to give players a radical and more interesting redesign to their characters unique appearance.

There are FAR more reasons than not to do this, but if you have a good one against it feel free to post, on the other hand, if you’re in support of it, feel free to add something suggestion wise that might help this topic and the point I’m trying to make.

nGumball.1283

Yeah, but WoW does have a subscription. GW2 doesn’t. Do you really expect GW2 to offer the same thing that WoW offers for 13€ a month, for free? They do have to make money somehow. I wasn’t fine with the previous system because it was user-unfriendly and destructive, and I refused to spend money on that, but now I gladly will.

Not to mention the fact that WoW got alot of features, directly affecting progression in the shop in addition to the fact that skin collecting in WoW just an extra feature. Here, gear isn’t that huge, the whole game is about skins.

Posted by: Treehorn.5081

Treehorn.5081

Like most I read about the upcoming changes and were thrilled. Even before the Wardrobe System was announced, I decided to hop back into the game after not playing for like 1, 5 years. I went and placed some buy orders just for the skins, as I will be redoing my main and starting from scratch. I like the leveling up phase, the progression, the toying around the exploration and everything that comes with it.
Guild Wars is a a game of trying things, screwing around and customizing your character. I think the intentions behind the Wardrobe system really adresses this. Girls/Guys: I love you.
But: What happens before max level. Until now there were the 79-stones. Those were meant to be burnt through, to be toyed around with. I guess people will now just save all charges for their final gear. Will I be walking around in my garbage looks, because I don’t want to “waste” my charges? Especially as you switch gear constantly as you progress through the levels. I hate this. I really do. Playing with the dress up Barbie is a big part of the game for me. I like seeing other players as they progress. I like to be seen. I like to discuss outfits. But this seems to stop with the new Wardrobe for a lot of people < 80.
Here is my idea:
Implement a second transmute charge counter, which maxes out at ~4 charges and gets refilled with level ups. There would be no good reason to save that soft-charges (because noone could get more than 4), but there would also be no good reason to look like crap (because you could keep a certain skin you like). The limitations of the soft-charges, would still keep people from just going silly with the system.
What do you think?
(please don’t burn my, not my first language )

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Yes.

Actually, soulbinding Eternity may even unlock Twilight too according to their example.

Ah, that’s right. I had forgotten about the previous versions of skins being unlocked as well. Like unlocking the tempered spinal blade back piece automatically unlocks all lower tier versions of it as well. Good call.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Simply love the new wardrobe & dye system proposed, great job ArenaNet!

However I saw no mention of how this would affect cultural armor. If I bought/unlocked one piece of Sylvari armor would only my other Sylvari’s have access to it, or would all my characters regardless of race be able to wear it?

How will this affect the cultural armor achievements?

Just would love some clarification on this if anybody knows, otherwise I suppose I’ll try to be patient and check things out when the patch goes live.

Again, thank you ArenaNet!

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

……..Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

This system seems really awesome. You still need multiple armor sets for different stat combinations but that was never something that was going to change. It would literally remove half the reason to do content.

ITT: People need some basic reading comprehension skills.

nGumball.1283

Both racial armor and heavy, medium, light are to be limited to the way it was from the start. Though, it isn’t officially stated in the article, someone from Anet commented about a suggestion regarding this some days ago, meaning these are meant to be unique ’’features’’ for those specific races/classes.