Feedback/Questions: The Wardrobe System

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I don’t think they could track back to anything that was destroyed.

Transmuted, hopefully won’t be an issue but we’ll soon see.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

So.. I look at the dev tracker as I keep hoping we might get some actual answers and feedback from the devs for the loads of questions being asked.. but it’s just a slew of Danacia locking threads. :/

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Does this mean certain PvP skins will be unlocked for PvE without having to go into PvP & vice versa?
OR is it just items you’ve come to collect that will be unlocked?

Posted by: Nimarrna.5924

Nimarrna.5924

I don’t like this ‘’pay every time you want to use a skin’’ type of system.I would rather pay once for a skin and then use it as many times as i like for FREE. Cuz…that’s what a WARDROBE is about isnt it ? I don’t pay a fee to use my clothes in real life either….

°Well my characters will have to bath fully clothed (in the river at best) as their owner won’t be able to get them a change of clothes every day……………………°

(edited by Nimarrna.5924)

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Some of those items are achievement based and in that case they do have a way to verify that you owned one once upon a time. I hope they take everything into account.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

So, I read alot of people complaining about the transmutates charges. From my understanding the game will convert transmutation stones and crystals into charges with a ratio of 3/1 for Stones and 1/1 for crystals.
Am I missing something here? Is there a gold fee attached as well? I think most players have well over 100 stones in storage and many crystals as well. Is the gripe about having to use another skin to transmute to?

I can understand the PVP skin aspect of the wardrobe and the possible issues but I am sure Anet will address those.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

From my understanding of how the transmutation system works, only two items are actually recorded in the database at any time. One is the item that provides the stats, the other is the item that provides the skin.

e.g.

I have my Mad Memoires Complete Edition skin transmuted onto my Exotic tentacle backpack. When the wardrobe goes live, assuming I still have this item, I will get both skins. If I were to use a splitter on them, I would get both items.

However if I were to get another ascended back item, and then transmute the look of my Mad Memoires onto that item, then the Exotic tentacle backpack would no longer be a part of the item description, and therefore would be lost forever. If I were to use a splitter on them, then I would get the Mad Memoires and the Ascended backpack item.

It’s entirely `possible` that any skin that has been purchased via gems and any skin that has been awarded via LS meta achievements will automatically be unlocked because it’s theoretically possible to go back and track these.

But as nothing has been said about that, for now I would assume that the items in your wardrobe, will not include any items that you’ve deleted or transmuted over more than once, at all.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

We know the first item and the last item in a transmutation chain. Example: You crafted an ascended quiver, you transmuted a quaggan skin over it, then you transmuted a charr plushie skin over the quaggan. You will unlock the charr backpack skin and the quiver skin. You wont unlock teh quaggan skin.

We know you cant unlock skins of items you deleted.

They might be able to give us skins based on historical achievements, but we don’t know if this will happen or not.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

A FAQ thread on Reddit states that deleted skins will not be replaced or added to the wardrobe. This is the case for gemstore items but I imagine it will also be the case for unique Living Story skins too.

Citation: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/21d7s5/dyetownwardrobes_clothes_faq/

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

2 things I’ve realised which needs really to be addressed.

1. Having the same Fractal weapon dropped multiple times. This would be rather annoying, as the skins are already rare as they are, so getting a second almost pointless drop (basically only saving you 1 transmutation charge) would annoy a lot of fractal runners.

Solution: make it such that you can’t get a fractal skin you have gotten before as a drop.

2. The legendary greatsword Eternity. You can make Sunrise and then Twilight, bind them both to unlock the skins and then make an Eternity and sell it to reap back most of the costs involved.

This needs to be fixed ASAP otherwise it’ll massively devalue Sunrise and Twlight, angering a lot of people.

I guess the only way to really prevent this is to make Eternity account bound on creation from now on, or make soulbound Twilight and Sunrise unusable in the forge. Unless anyone can come up with a better solution?

Make forging Eternity remove twilight and Sunrise unlocks (until you unlock eternity, in which case they would get added again).

Yes, you’d make the people who don’t normally buy anything more likely to buy, but you’d lose millions upon millions of transactions from the people who currently buy all the time because they would only have to buy once.

You would lose money only in one case – if there were a huge number of people that use gemshop-bought transmutation crystals to return to the looks they already had before, but changed from. Which is unlikely to be the case – people that play dress-up a lot, usually change into new clothes (which, in the previously mentioned suggestion, would require transmutation charges to unlock).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

Am I missing something here? Is there a gold fee attached as well? I think most players have well over 100 stones in storage and many crystals as well. Is the gripe about having to use another skin to transmute to?

It boils down to lv79 and below characters having to spend the same amount of charges as a lv80. As a result, people who were wanting to use those stones will effectively loose two thirds of them. The cost to switch their gear will be tripled.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

It boils down to lv79 and below characters having to spend the same amount of charges as a lv80. As a result, people who were wanting to use those stones will effectively loose two thirds of them. The cost to switch their gear will be tripled.

Oh I see. People wanted the wardrobe to be like HOM skins and have the ability to keep transmuting as their gear leveled up. I can see that being an issue but overall I think the QoL of the Wardrobe outweighs that issue with the exception of dual wielders.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: BloodyThor.3158

BloodyThor.3158

Hi my question is, when we buy skins from the gem shop, like the primeval armour set, does that skin become account wide and can be reused?

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Oh I see. People wanted the wardrobe to be like HOM skins and have the ability to keep transmuting as their gear leveled up. I can see that being an issue but overall I think the QoL of the Wardrobe outweighs that issue with the exception of dual wielders.

Not for everyone. I will be keeping my armor out of the wardrobe. I currently have 3 sets of exotic berserker for my mesmer because I like to switch and mix and match between the looks. This takes up a bit of storage space, but I put up with it for the convenience of swapping my character’s armor. I wanted a wardrobe to address the storage issue. Unfortunately, the wardrobe system introduced does not help with this at all. So I’ll just keep playing the way I always have.

DaShi.1368

Hi my question is, when we buy skins from the gem shop, like the primeval armour set, does that skin become account wide and can be reused?

Yes, this is the best advantage of the wardrobe system.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Yes, you’d make the people who don’t normally buy anything more likely to buy, but you’d lose millions upon millions of transactions from the people who currently buy all the time because they would only have to buy once.

Making lots of people buy something once is a LOT less profitable than making a few people buy often, unless you charge a hefty premium, which then leads to less people buying once putting you right back at square one.

I highly doubt a person is going to get one set of gear & transmute it 2000 times. Whereas it’s more likely someone would transmute all 2000 to get the collection. You’re getting to a ridiculous area if you think that the sales are going to be that more for per-change. Also, if this were true there is NO way they would make the armor sets account bound. They would have kept the current ridiculously overpriced 1-use-1-character system.

I’m the type of person who loves to make new character looks & change constantly in all the MMOs I play. And I can tell you in GW2 I don’t do it at all. Paying to change is idiotic, period. I’m not going to swap costumes even though that’s what I wanted out of the wardrobe. When this comes out, i’m just going to sit on my charges in case i make more characters, so they can have something. If it were pay to unlock I’d use all my charges & buy a bunch more. I bought more than 16 costumes in GW1 & 3 in GW2.(& all on sale because they didn’t have the value & functionality of GW1 costumes). I’ve heard of plenty of people in GW2 who won’t transmute because it costs, more that transmute once, but I’ve never heard anyone who blows through crystals every time they play.

DaShi.1368

The new transmutation system is not really different than the old system. People who weren’t buying transmutation stones/crystals before are not going to start buying them in the new system.

The few exceptions will likely be for alts who now have access to newly account bound skins. However, these people would purchase just as many charges under the new system as the unlock system that I and others have proposed in this thread.

(edited by DaShi.1368)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

A FAQ thread on Reddit states that deleted skins will not be replaced or added to the wardrobe. This is the case for gemstore items but I imagine it will also be the case for unique Living Story skins too.

Citation: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/21d7s5/dyetownwardrobes_clothes_faq/

That’s a deal breaker for me. If this is true i’m done with this game.

(edited by ZudetGambeous.9573)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

That’s…kinda stupid.

All they have to do is look at the player’s transaction history and achievements to see if they obtained it or not, and award appropriately. It’s not a case that player’s can scam the skins.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

DarksunG.9537

The new transmutation system is not really different than the old system. People who weren’t buying transmutation stones/crystals before are not going to start buying them in the new system.

Yup. If I were unlocking skins with the stones, I’d buy more. but I’m not gonna pay gold or Gems just to use the friggen things.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Posted by: Azure Moonfire.7493

Azure Moonfire.7493

Yup. If I were unlocking skins with the stones, I’d buy more. but I’m not gonna pay gold or Gems just to use the friggen things.

I hope you’re reading this, GMs. Please take this into consideration and please reply to this thread! I think there’s enough of us making this recommendation/complaint that we should be addressed somehow.

Let me also say, because it isn’t being said enough amongst all the complaints, that the April feature pack looks AWESOME. I still hold that you really really really should make the wardrobe system pay to unlock, not pay to change, but regardless, all the changes you definitely are making according to your blog post look great.

Your game is amazing and the fact that you are making cool changes is amazing. Now please hear your player base and make the wardrobe a TRUE wardrobe.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Maybe a compromise?

The Wardrobe works the same way it does now, but when you use Charges to apply skins to a specific item, you can then freely swap back to this skin (and any other unlocked skin), on that item forever? For example:

1. I craft a Zojja’s Greatsword. It has the Zojja skin unlocked on it by default.
2. I use a Transmutation Charge and apply the AC Greatsword skin to it. It now has both the Zojja and AC skins unlocked on it, and I can freely swap between those two skins whenever I want.
3. If I then craft a new Keeper’s Greatsword, but wanted to use the Zojja’s and AC skins on this new weapon, then I’d need to spend 2 more Charges applying those two skins to my Keeper’s GS. (Alternatively, I could use 1 Charge and apply the Keeper’s skin to my old GS, which would now have 3 skins unlocked on it.)

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I hope you’re reading this, GMs. Please take this into consideration and please reply to this thread! I think there’s enough of us making this recommendation/complaint that we should be addressed somehow.

Let me also say, because it isn’t being said enough amongst all the complaints, that the April feature pack looks AWESOME. I still hold that you really really really should make the wardrobe system pay to unlock, not pay to change, but regardless, all the changes you definitely are making according to your blog post look great.

Your game is amazing and the fact that you are making cool changes is amazing. Now please hear your player base and make the wardrobe a TRUE wardrobe.

Everyone would love it that way however there are 2 downsides:
1. It is not profitable for the company. The game is based on skins and as most of those are actually obtainable outside the gemstore, the company have to make money somehow.
2. How easy it will become may create boredom. Yes, people will be happy at first, but making content easier to get, make it unrewarding. The game is hugely based on skins, many people already own most, giving those people a reason to play more in case they want to re-costumize is a way of making it more challenging.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

This is actually going to suck for Karma Armors.

I often buy melandru armor with karma and then transmute the runes to my WvW chars because its cheaper than buying the runes outright.

The cost of melandru runes is going to go through the roof it you can’t do this anymore.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

That’s a good point. Fusing items for not-aesthetic reasons can’t happen with this new system…

Azure Moonfire.7493

1. It is not profitable for the company. The game is based on skins and as most of those are actually obtainable outside the gemstore, the company have to make money somehow.

That’s not what I or most of the others who have advocated this are proposing. Transmutation charges, from the gemstore, would still be needed in addition to getting the actual skins from loot/TP/etc. Thus, “pay to unlock.” As many others have argued before me (go back and read previous posts if I’m not convincing enough) this could still be hugely profitable, and potentially MORE profitable than “pay to change,” because more people would be willing to buy gems for trans. charges if they could unlock skins permanently, whereas if one has to pay every time they change, they are less likely to ever change after they settle on one look they like, depriving ANet of potential revenue.

2. How easy it will become may create boredom. Yes, people will be happy at first, but making content easier to get, make it unrewarding. The game is hugely based on skins, many people already own most, giving those people a reason to play more in case they want to re-costumize is a way of making it more challenging.

While it’s theoretically possible to make enough gold to convert into gems for this purpose, the exchange rate is prohibitive, and most people who want gemstore stuff just use real money. There’s no “challenge” there, and it wouldn’t make many people I know play more.

Azure Moonfire.7493

Maybe a compromise?

The Wardrobe works the same way it does now, but when you use Charges to apply skins to a specific item, you can then freely swap back to this skin (and any other unlocked skin), on that item forever? For example:

1. I craft a Zojja’s Greatsword. It has the Zojja skin unlocked on it by default.
2. I use a Transmutation Charge and apply the AC Greatsword skin to it. It now has both the Zojja and AC skins unlocked on it, and I can freely swap between those two skins whenever I want.
3. If I then craft a new Keeper’s Greatsword, but wanted to use the Zojja’s and AC skins on this new weapon, then I’d need to spend 2 more Charges applying those two skins to my Keeper’s GS. (Alternatively, I could use 1 Charge and apply the Keeper’s skin to my old GS, which would now have 3 skins unlocked on it.)

Not a bad idea, actually, but while this would be great for my level 80 main who’s already got stats I’m comfortable with, it wouldn’t help at all for my alts, because I’d still have to pay to keep a look I liked every time I found armor with better stats while leveling.

nGumball.1283

That’s not what I or most of the others who have advocated this are proposing. Transmutation charges, from the gemstore, would still be needed in addition to getting the actual skins from loot/TP/etc. Thus, “pay to unlock.” As many others have argued before me (go back and read previous posts if I’m not convincing enough) this could still be hugely profitable, and potentially MORE profitable than “pay to change,” because more people would be willing to buy gems for trans. charges if they could unlock skins permanently, whereas if one has to pay every time they change, they are less likely to ever change after they settle on one look they like, depriving ANet of potential revenue.

While it’s theoretically possible to make enough gold to convert into gems for this purpose, the exchange rate is prohibitive, and most people who want gemstore stuff just use real money. There’s no “challenge” there, and it wouldn’t make many people I know play more.

1. If you actually believe that Anet is going for a worse option to get less money because they are idiots, you should re-think it. If they chose this, it means, they have predicted they will get more profit and as mentioned, I believe in a company full of professional people than players giving economic lessons to the company, cause even if the company is trash, they probably know how to make most money.

2. No announcement there about the charges only being obtainable from the store. You are just assuming.

Azure Moonfire.7493

1. If you actually believe that Anet is going for a worse option to get less money because they are idiots, you should re-think it. If they chose this, it means, they have predicted they will get more profit and as mentioned, I believe in a company full of professional people than players giving economic lessons to the company, cause even if the company is trash, they probably know how to make most money.

2. No announcement there about the charges only being obtainable from the store. You are just assuming.

Fair enough. I don’t presume to know more about economics than the professional staff at ANet, but being in touch with what the players want and are willing to pay for is another matter entirely. People are unpredictable and unique, and I think the players themselves have a better idea of what they will or won’t pay for than ANet does. After all, these are our wallets we’re talking about, and WE are in control of whether we empty them into ANet’s pockets or not. So I don’t dispute that they’re making a well reasoned professional economic decision, I just dispute that they know exactly what their player base, who has free will and all, is willing to pay for.

And you’re right, I am assuming the charges will be obtainable only (with the exception of map completion and BL chests) through the gem store, just like the current stones and crystals. I see no reason or evidence to assume the charges will be different, but if they are that will be a welcome surprise.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but concerning the new wardrobe system, if let’s say I have a gasmask skin which was applied to an heavy armor piece, will the same gasmask skin be avaible for light and medium armor ?

Same question goes for the other living story skin like the molten gloves which you could only get in one armor type.

I’ve asked this in a couple of places myself. My gasmask is still pristinely unapplied as I never wanted to commit to an armor weight for it. Will the apply-to-any-weight items retain that flexibility from the Wardrobe? Will it matter if they’ve been applied to a specific weight? (I happen to have put all the Jubilee masks on light armor).

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

Oki im pretty tired of people speculating about how charges are gonna work, what the cost going to be etc. Come on anet you tell us to come ask our questions yet no one ever bothers to awnser any of em. For the love of cute quaggans just tell us already so we can move on now.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think a lot of my disappointment comes from having thought I’d be clearing inventory space thanks to the Wardrobe. But knowing that swapping looks during RP will be prohibitively expensive for a few minutes of changing clothes means my bags will still look like this (my clotheshorse Necro):

Attachments:

DarksunG.9537

1. If you actually believe that Anet is going for a worse option to get less money because they are idiots, you should re-think it.

And if you think they know which method will make them more money, you’re kidding yourself. We’ve had plenty of experience in the MMO world to see that there is no magic monitization method. There are articles arguing about what is the way to go all the time. They know? please.

First, if you were right then all GS armor would still be per-person. Why make it account bound? What you’re saying id per-use is the way to go right? Then lets keep armor purchases restrictive! You’re saying fewer repeat-buys = higher profits. Nevermind that it makes for niche fan-base & bad will.

Second, I still haven’t seen anyone say they go through Transmutation Crystals to constantly swap looks. I’ve seen plenty of people say they would unlock skins though. Maybe you will, but you’ll certainly be in the minority.

Finally, I can speak for myself when I say, they would get more from me with unlocks than per-use. The current system sucks & I’m certainly not incentivized to buy any more crystals with the new system. Man, what MMO has the Store as the end-game. It’s laughable they present cosmetics in GW2 as a minor optional thing. IT’S THE END GAME. It’s bad enough most of the new cosmetics are buy-only, but now you pay to use them all.. geez. I can’t believe people are defending this system.

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

Seriously what’s wrong with the community ? The wardrobe has been asked for… Since the beginning of the game ? And people still say that Anet doesn’t listen to players… The same can be said about the account bound dyes.

Such stuff was asked, but the “problem” is that they used that idea and based their money grabbing on top of that.
Even if you still can convert your gold into gems, its quite expensive to swap skins since actualy its around 20gold to get 5 transmutation crystal. ( and who know how the price are going to increase in time to convert gold into gem to turn that totaly overpriced )

Everything in the news system is made to clearly encourage each player to buy gems. best exemple is that they delete dye from the mobs loot table ( insane greedy move )

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Posted by: dreamhaunt.4538

dreamhaunt.4538

Except that people were always using stones to change the look. Now you suddenly find paying to change your look abnormal?

I agree the term wardrobe is a bit misleading. But just think about it – all your asking for is for transmutation to be made free.

Azure Moonfire.7493

Except that people were always using stones to change the look. Now you suddenly find paying to change your look abnormal?

What people? Most people used enough crystals to change their look once, into their desired look, and then left it alone because swapping all the time would be insanely expensive.

Also, please read previous posts:

I still haven’t seen anyone say they go through Transmutation Crystals to constantly swap looks. I’ve seen plenty of people say they would unlock skins though. Maybe you will, but you’ll certainly be in the minority.

As for this:

all your asking for is for transmutation to be made free.

Not free, pay to unlock. We’d just like to not have to pay every time we change. Changing back to previously used skins, like putting back on that t-shirt you wore last week, should not cost additional charges.

(edited by Azure Moonfire.7493)

Posted by: hedition.7261

hedition.7261

Devs, is it possible that after we purchase a skin, we are given an option to unlock it right into our wardrobe (and maybe get back respective number of charges) rather than having to apply it onto SOMETHING.

I mean, yes we can apply it onto a useless white item if we wanna keep it for future use. But that will waste a charge. Keeping the purchase in the bank takes up a slot.

dreamhaunt.4538

What people? Most people used enough crystals to change their look once, into their desired look, and then left it alone because swapping all the time would be insanely expensive.

Also, please read previous posts:

I still haven’t seen anyone say they go through Transmutation Crystals to constantly swap looks. I’ve seen plenty of people say they would unlock skins though. Maybe you will, but you’ll certainly be in the minority.

As for this:

all your asking for is for transmutation to be made free.

Not free, pay to unlock. We’d just like to not have to pay every time we change. Changing back to previously used skins, like putting back on that t-shirt you wore last week, should not cost additional charges.

In the current game, you pay to change “every time” – even to change back to what you wore last week. “Unlocking” is obtaining a new armor for your character, which is still done traditionally – from loot/craft/gem store.

why do you suddenly find paying for transmutation abnormal?

dreamhaunt.4538

I think the term “wardrobe” has been misleading. It has conjured up images of clear inventories and clicking on icons to change looks on the fly.

Harsh truth is nothing about transmutation has changed. You still pay like we’ve always done. It’s just a lot more streamlined and easier across the account.

Bottomline is, you pay to transmute your look. But then that’s how it’s always been. These waves of whine and groan should dissipate with time. (prolly the reason the devs are strangely silent on this thread)

Osculim.2983

I think the term “wardrobe” has been misleading. It has conjured up images of clear inventories and clicking on icons to change looks on the fly.

Harsh truth is nothing about transmutation has changed. You still pay like we’ve always done. It’s just a lot more streamlined and easier across the account.

Bottomline is, you pay to transmute your look. But then that’s how it’s always been. These waves of whine and groan should dissipate with time. (prolly the reason the devs are strangely silent on this thread)

Im afraid your incorrect the problem is not that we pay for the charges the problem is that we pay 3x the amount for low level caracters than we used to thats my concern as i have alot of alt and i constantly change looks. Now all my alts gonna look lame as heck

dreamhaunt.4538

Im afraid your incorrect the problem is not that we pay for the charges the problem is that we pay 3x the amount for low level caracters than we used to thats my cothencern as i have alot of alt and i constantly change looks. Now all my alts gonna look lame as heck

Valid concern. I’ve levelled up 9 chars and never bothered much about looks till lvl 80, but to each their own. Maybe anet can address this and maybe make one charge usable for 6 uses below lvl 80, but lets see what happens.

nGumball.1283

Whatever I guess. The majority are loving the changes, it is a fact.
If you don’t like it I guess and will start to throw it statements about the holy skining ship statement that people use everytime they don’t get what they want, I can tell you there is alot of other games to try.

Who knows, maybe the market got more polished, more evolutionary games with more beautiful gaming worlds and guess what…these even give you full gear for some dollars, believe it? they won’t ask you for transmution, they will give a full gear set just to please you.

DarksunG.9537

Um.. it’s ALWAYS been “abnormal”. what’s your point?

nGumball.1283

Um.. it’s ALWAYS been “abnormal”. learn to read.

It is always been abnormal to you. I don’t know who you are to generlize your own perspective for everyone else.

Osculim.2983

Im afraid your incorrect the problem is not that we pay for the charges the problem is that we pay 3x the amount for low level caracters than we used to thats my cothencern as i have alot of alt and i constantly change looks. Now all my alts gonna look lame as heck

Valid concern. I’ve levelled up 9 chars and never bothered much about looks till lvl 80, but to each their own. Maybe anet can address this and maybe make one charge usable for 6 uses below lvl 80, but lets see what happens.

Yep the 15th is still a bit away Im sure anet will do right by their gamerbase

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

To answer some people questions : i think there is just one wardrobe now as there is no more pvp gear etc

[WM]give us in game ladder

DarksunG.9537

It is always been abnormal to you. I don’t know who you are to generlize your own perspective for everyone else.

oh? :

The majority are loving the changes, it is a fact.

Can I only generalize/make assertions if I blindly salivate over everything Anet does? Is that how it works?

Instead of doing what a normal customer does: state what services I want & what i’m willing to pay, you’re saying I should assume (for no reason) that Anet will make more money this way & that for some reason it’s better for me as a customer even though this way provides me less freedom. Fantastic. So, essentially; Anet is always right.

Osculim.2983

To answer some people questions : i think there is just one wardrobe now as there is no more pvp gear etc

this is a good thing tho as i unlocked a ton of pvp skins i never used since i dont pvp

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

this is a good thing tho as i unlocked a ton of pvp skins i never used since i dont pvp

me too dude its a kinda reward for spvpers , i unlocked charr t3 , vigil and sorrows embrace armour

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

kitten straight they lose transforms. This whole system needs more work and the cost of the transmutation items to charges should have been:

• 1 Transmutation Stone = 1 charge (no left over stones this way)
  • 1 Transmutation Crystal = 3 charges
  • 1 Transmutation Splitter = 5 charges

Realistically they should not have even considered trans-charges to change your look. It’s just as limiting as the old system. It would have been better to have paid for unlocking a skin with charges for it to become universal, if payment was needed at all (which comes off greedy on anets part).

Games like DCUO have the ability to unlock an item’s look when you first find it and equip it, then you can change ANY other item to the same look for free as often as you want, including coloring it too of course. THAT is a Fantastic costume system right there.

DCUO Manages to make money in their cash shop selling skins/toys and other things without being a p2w and still player friendly.

(edited by Imaginos.3756)