Final Rest - Current Theories

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

even if they would give a little hint and say that ok its not in ORR then that would still give us a huge area too explore , or a big hint and say its in the shiverpeaks.

that way they would get alot of ppl into that region looking, then say once it has been found and bragging rites are done drop another unique item into the fold and say well since you found that heres one you have all missed go find.

There was nothing better in gw1 then hunting elusive drops, hence the amount of ppl that use to farm chests, we wern’t going for the title we were hunting the items, something that is truely missing in gw2

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

Magnificent Chest is higher then Glorious Chest which means Magnificent Chest should be considered the large chest while Glorious chest isn’t.

Magnificent Chests are smaller than Glorious Chests are they not.

No they are larger and rarer then the Glorious Chest.

The Glorious Chest is what spawns after the temple events in Orr, and I’m pretty sure it was a Glorious Chest at the end of The Lost Shores event. I can’t imagine the Magnificent Chest at the end of The Mad King’s Clocktower was indeed bigger.

I also have to say that it would be impossible for them to share the same loot tables if the chest at the end of The Lost Shores event was in fact a Glorious Chest.

Edit: I would also like to add that following the links you provided, shows that Magnificent Chests spawn at the end of jumping puzzles and not after boss encounters.

Not entirely true if you look at where it does spawn.
Fractals of the Mists
Volcanic Fractal – If all Captives are saved

It also is the chest that they use for special events. Volcanic Fractal is a boss fight.

Caledon Forest
Sandycove Beach – End of Spekks’s Laboratory

Is also a fight before you are able to get to the chest.

You got to read the wiki a little before you say things lol.

Spekk’s Laboratory is a jumping puzzle. I do believe the chest is already spawned upon entrance, you just need to finish the fight to access the chest.

You have one valid point and that’s the Volcanic Fractal and that is just one exception to the rule which came to exist after Final Rest was confirmed to be in the game which excludes it from being the location the developers hinted at.

Either way we’re not looking for Magnificent Chest.

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Magnificent Chest is higher then Glorious Chest which means Magnificent Chest should be considered the large chest while Glorious chest isn’t.

The Glorious Chest is what spawns after the temple events in Orr, and I’m pretty sure it was a Glorious Chest at the end of The Lost Shores event. I can’t imagine the Magnificent Chest at the end of The Mad King’s Clocktower was indeed bigger.

I also have to say that it would be impossible for them to share the same loot tables if the chest at the end of The Lost Shores event was in fact a Glorious Chest.

Edit: I would also like to add that following the links you provided, shows that Magnificent Chests spawn at the end of jumping puzzles and not after boss encounters.

Fractals of the Mists

It also is the chest that they use for special events. Volcanic Fractal is a boss fight.

Caledon Forest

Spekk’s Laboratory is a jumping puzzle. I do believe the chest is already spawned upon entrance, you just need to finish the fight to access the chest.

You have one valid point and that’s the Volcanic Fractal and that is just one exception to the rule which came to exist after Final Rest was confirmed to be in the game which excludes it from being the location the developers hinted at.

Not all bosses and encounters chests have been documented so you cant rule it out either.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Fractals of the Mists

Caledon Forest

Not all bosses and encounters chests have been documented so you cant rule it out either.

And how do you know this?

Suddenflame.2601

Fractals of the Mists

Caledon Forest

And how do you know this?

Cause i am one of the few people working on the wiki and know for certain that there is a kitten ton of information missing. Such as just this week i added 10 new locations to find pets. Also in this last 2 months i added 4 events that were not documented at all.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

(edited by Suddenflame.2601)

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

I’m thinking of these kind of events:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Force_the_ancient_creature_back_into_its_prison

There are more of these events and they are rare.

I’d been roaming the map killing mobs trying to get a Gear Crank. No luck so far (rare indeed). I want to see this Ancient Creature! Wiki: Fleshreaver/Rragar Maneater, breeding a race of hideous creatures… creature on a stick?… 0o

I’ve got several Dwarven Keys on 2 characters, but the Imp Lord and the Destroyer Troll… /shrug. no luck there, with the loot.

edit: I just watch a video of the Ancient Creature… person could not loot corpe and no chest… 0o ….what was even more disturbing was the elementalist in the video that only used water skills!

(edited by Zapan.7460)

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

I’d been roaming the map killing mobs trying to get a Gear Crank. No luck so far (rare indeed). I want to see this Ancient Creature! Wiki: Fleshreaver/Rragar Maneater, breeding a race of hideous creatures… creature on a stick?… 0o

I’ve got several Dwarven Keys on 2 characters, but the Imp Lord and the Destroyer Troll… /shrug. no luck there, with the loot.

edit: I just watch a video of the Ancient Creature… person could not loot corpe and no chest… 0o ….what was even more disturbing was the elementalist in the video that only used water skills!

The event is really unsatisfying after opening it. When you open the prison its a really cool cinematic. However the monster is just a fleshreaver. Just like when you spawn it out of a portal by shadow behemoth.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I remember that fight from when I was working my way through that area, never considered it before, what kind of chest does it drop?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I don’t remember that event dropping a chest at all.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

phabby.8945

found going to the way point and doing the quest with the little asuran will drop it from the dredge. Not a good quest and got nothing drop wise worth mentioning, ohh and eley water skills are very powerful

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Honestly my final thoughts regarding final rest is that it’s probably from somewhere in Orr.

AS such I reckon we should start to list area’s in orr that no one ever visits, and see if there are any dynamic event chains around there.

For example in the cursed shore you have
1. the labyrinth, which has the groundskeeper that I have never seen killed ever
2. The entire area behind jofasts camp which seems to have no purpose

In the straits of devastation you have the entire ocean. Has anyone hung around the abbadon temple and/or done any dynamic event near there?

Malchors, again, events no one does, places people dont go, ignore the temples, search the oceans, the cliffs, go where men have never gone before!

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

It’s a rare boss so the shadow behemoth and other worldly bosses that appear every 3 hours or so are probably out of the list of possibilities.
It’s a rare boss, so probably at a hidden location or at places where people don’t go often.

Possibly at the end of a chain of events.
Or it’s a particular event that only gets triggered after a certain chain of events.
Possibly an underwater boss.
Maybe it’s located at a place where nobody or barely anyone goes to.
Located at a secret place.
Rare boss plays hide and seek, possible at a place where nobody goes to.
The boss is in a room and has sent his servant to hide the key somewhere in the world.
Are there any items involved in this chain of events that one needs?
People probably don’t even go near the spot this boss spawns.
Probably under water in a cave.
Have you checked for secret passages.
Secret underwater passage.
Or perhaps in a cave located somewhere with hidden passages.
Have you checked underwater?

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Honestly my final thoughts regarding final rest is that it’s probably from somewhere in Orr.

AS such I reckon we should start to list area’s in orr that no one ever visits, and see if there are any dynamic event chains around there.

1. the labyrinth, which has the groundskeeper that I have never seen killed ever

In the straits of devastation you have the entire ocean. Has anyone hung around the abbadon temple and/or done any dynamic event near there?

Malchors, again, events no one does, places people dont go, ignore the temples, search the oceans, the cliffs, go where men have never gone before!

The problem is even the non-group events in Orr can’t be done without a group! I went to do an event in Malchor’s Leap just the other day, wasn’t a group event so I though I could solo it. When I got there, and I am not exaggerating, it was so bad I doubt less than 15 people could have possibly done it. And that seems to be the norm throughout all three Orr areas, but at least cursed shore has plenty of people, the other two areas are going to remain unexplored until their scaling is fixed.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Descasus.4280

Descasus.4280

Killed the groundskeeper but he doesn’t spawn in a chest. The area behind the camp only has a small chest with a veteran abomination. c:

(edited by Descasus.4280)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

It’s a rare boss so the shadow behemoth and other worldly bosses that appear every 3 hours or so are probably out of the list of possibilities.
It’s a rare boss, so probably at a hidden location or at places where people don’t go often.

Or it’s a particular event that only gets triggered after a certain chain of events.
The boss is in a room and has sent his servant to hide the key somewhere in the world.

Can’t remember any more in which thread I posted it, but what about
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Font_of_Rhand

It is a fairly rare openworld dungeon with an underwater boss, lots of puzzles involving fire and water and it is in Ascalon.

Anyone check this out with an 80?
I did it when I was about 50 or so but not since.
Is it worth a shot to check out? I will have to get a party together since it can’t be solo’d

Still farming SB on the side :P

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

NW straits of devastation is a champion krait … was listed as a group event so didn’t bother trying to do it. Just to the south there is a structure I will check out later tonight since internet lag is making gameplay impossible at the moment.

(edited by wildcode.5403)

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Actually, looking from a lore perspective, there’s a few places in conventional speech where “final rest” or “final resting place” is more frequent than others. Specifically, two common usages of the word are referencing the final location of an important person’s body (in game examples of Gwen’s grave or the Royal Tombs) or a shipwreck. With how much people seem to avoid water combat, it would make sense that such an item would not be found or documented if found. Ship of Sorrows rewards a Grand Chest and does not have a boss to my knowledge, but are there any other such events that might?

Posted by: Descasus.4280

Descasus.4280

Can’t remember any more in which thread I posted it, but what about
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Font_of_Rhand

It is a fairly rare openworld dungeon with an underwater boss, lots of puzzles involving fire and water and it is in Ascalon.

Anyone check this out with an 80?
I did it when I was about 50 or so but not since.
Is it worth a shot to check out? I will have to get a party together since it can’t be solo’d

Still farming SB on the side :P

Did the mini dungeon a few times with some friends and no one got anything interesting. Would be a neat place to store a weapon though. xD

wildcode.5403

You might be onto something.

Consider this, most if not all the land events are often completed by players. But water events are often avoided. So it could well be a boss that has not been encountered very often, and the most likely place would be in the water.

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

The problem is even the non-group events in Orr can’t be done without a group! I went to do an event in Malchor’s Leap just the other day, wasn’t a group event so I though I could solo it. When I got there, and I am not exaggerating, it was so bad I doubt less than 15 people could have possibly done it. And that seems to be the norm throughout all three Orr areas, but at least cursed shore has plenty of people, the other two areas are going to remain unexplored until their scaling is fixed.

Most of the events in Orr can be done alone. Even Group Events can be soloed. I have soloed Grenth (until the 6min defense) and have soloed the entire Dwayna chain. Zho’Qafa Catacombs is also soloable as well as many other champion mobs.

Your problem probably lies with your build or your dodging skills. Mapping out events and how to do them solo is really fun.

Alright, Ill humor you all. Has anyone ever had all the temples opened at the same time? Does anything happen if this is done? Maybe a secret area opens? Artisan Waters perhaps?

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Most of the events in Orr can be done alone. Even Group Events can be soloed. I have soloed Grenth (until the 6min defense) and have soloed the entire Dwayna chain. Zho’Qafa Catacombs is also soloable as well as many other champion mobs.

Your problem probably lies with your build or your dodging skills. Mapping out events and how to do them solo is really fun.

Alright, Ill humor you all. Has anyone ever had all the temples opened at the same time? Does anything happen if this is done? Maybe a secret area opens? Artisan Waters perhaps?

All the temples have been open at the same time with decent frequency on my server. That doesn’t mean there couldn’t be an event that enables somewhere in an otherwise useless corner of the map that no one noticed.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I still think it’s largely insanity to believe that an 80th level item unique to exactly one loot table in the game is associated with anything but an 80th level task.

Yes, you can get 80th level items anywhere once you’re 80th level. I’ve pulled an 80th level exotic of the corpse of a 45th level landcape mob myself. But to go to the trouble of putting it in only one box and NOT match the level of the item to the level of the task? Nu-uh.

At this point I’m just waiting for someone to stroll on to the boards and say “Lookie what I found in the laurel-box for Necromancers” and a couple of screen caps of them strutting around with their new shiney…

Those boxes were specifically called out as a way of getting stuff to us that has otherwise been locked up too tightly behind the RNG.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

wildcode.5403

I can’t help thinking about the gargoyle and keep checking GW1 information on them. They were found south of the wall around Ascalon, and north of what is now Black Citadel. Mergoyles were found around Lions Arch and what is now Divinity’s Reach/Queensdale. If the gargoyle on the staff is going to have any correlation to its origin these would be the areas I would start with.

Add to this that gargoyles used to live in catacombs and that catacombs are the final physical resting place of bodies whose souls went to the underworld, and that the Shadow Behemoth is from the underworld, it all makes is quite plausible that the Shadow Behemoth is the keeper of Final Rest.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Secrets_in_the_Swamp

Somewhere there is a boss laughing at us.

(edited by wildcode.5403)

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

If we assume that the drop has a similar chance of those of the same rarity like legendary precursor exotics statistically I would rule out Orr, due to it’s constant farming.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I made a thread earlier about the Tomb of Morlog….. anyone think this might be a good place?

Suddenflame.2601

I made a thread earlier about the Tomb of Morlog….. anyone think this might be a good place?

Only problem is there is no way to open the door and there is no documented events that even suggest that it opens.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

phabby.8945

I can’t help thinking about the gargoyle and keep checking GW1 information on them. They were found south of the wall around Ascalon, and north of what is now Black Citadel. Mergoyles were found around Lions Arch and what is now Divinity’s Reach/Queensdale. If the gargoyle on the staff is going to have any correlation to its origin these would be the areas I would start with.

Add to this that gargoyles used to live in catacombs and that catacombs are the final physical resting place of bodies whose souls went to the underworld, and that the Shadow Behemoth is from the underworld, it all makes is quite plausible that the Shadow Behemoth is the keeper of Final Rest.

I think the staff looks more like the fleshreaver’s , just a thought.

Also next to gwen’s tome is the little girl and the boarded up cave behind her, she mentions something about a charr ghost , but I dont know if this is bugged or not as I cannot find a way into the cave.

Deified.7520

I’m thinking the main area where they put their dead in Orr, by Lyssa Temple. I mean it fits in terms of lore and look. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some things you can activate that might spawn a boss.

As a side note. The way unique drops work is that you have to be level 80 in order to have a chance. So things like wisteria and what not wont drop for under levels. You have to be 80.

Deified.7520

I think the staff looks more like the fleshreaver’s , just a thought.

Also next to gwen’s tome is the little girl and the boarded up cave behind her, she mentions something about a charr ghost , but I dont know if this is bugged or not as I cannot find a way into the cave.

About that path. Quick lore lesson

1. Order of Whispers comes from Elona
2. Order of whispers have a network of tunnels to get into elona
3. Order of whispers has a secret base in Ebonhawke
4. A whisper agent whom is also a charr travels through that tunnel.

Posted by: Evil Octopi.8253

Evil Octopi.8253

I have been following this topic for a while now in few different places, as I was interested in the staff when I was creating a necro. I currently hold the opinion that whatever is wrong with the DR is responsible over all for the scarcity of this particular drop. That and bugged event chains. But that aside, I have not given up hope. I’ve seen lots of good suggestions in this thread and a few to make as well. Its definately not going to be found in the in any of the temple or dragon chests. Those places are done with great frequency and Final Rest should have surfaced by now if there .

My recommendations ~

The Bloodtide Coast event Campaign Against Taidha Covington is a prime candidate that needs be explored. Wiki information on it is limited and it was another one of those events that was frequently bugged on my server so I have never had the opportunity to complete.

The Straits of Devastation: The Zho’qafa Catacombs chain makes sense to me. The end chest is rather large. On my server it was either always bugged or nobody would ever come help complete it. I myself have only done it once, and of course chest loot was blues and greens like 99% of every other chest I open. Also the event taking place at near the Broken Spit Waypoint I have never completed it. The times I tried it seemed to be bugged. No idea if it is part of larger chain or if a chest even spawns. Another area I find of interest in the Straits even though I cannot confirm the events that go on there is the Plaza of Lost Wisdom. Its place off the beaten path that is only visited by map completionists and the story line. It’s in the water and I find its look and placement to be suspect.

I like the Shadow Behemoth also as a candidate with main reason is that it was bugged for so long and didn’t have accurate sampling from people compared to other chest events. I have just recently began farming this event since the update.

The Mount Maelstrom event is also another good candidate, and one I can speak to as I have a lot of experience on it. I can confirm the exotic “Silence” staff and the “Drakevenom” shortbow come from the Ancient Chest that spawns after deafeating the Megadestroyer. Current counts from the trading post are rather high so possibly these items can also be acquired from the forge as well. I had been doing this event rarely, and always had the same problem, not enough people. Me and my friends completed it maybe once every 2 weeks up until about 2 months ago when one of us got the “Silence” drop from the chest. Now we hit it up 5 or more times a week. The “Drakevenom” actually dropped today to a different friend. But zero exotics from chest in between this time. If we are lucky one yellow a week from chest and I have had one or two dry weeks too. I did get an exotic level 76 weapon off the Megadestroyer himself once. Most often its a blue or nothing, never a yellow or green.

So I just wanted to put my thoughts out there and help out. I tried to update the wiki with the exotic drops infromation too, but it seems I am not smart enough to do it.

phabby.8945

About that path. Quick lore lesson

1. Order of Whispers comes from Elona
2. Order of whispers have a network of tunnels to get into elona
3. Order of whispers has a secret base in Ebonhawke
4. A whisper agent whom is also a charr travels through that tunnel.
[/quote]

cool ty

I still think the devs could give a little more of a hint PLEASE

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Both Taidha Covington and The Zho’qafa Catacombs I’ve done numerous times. Not to say it doesn’t drop out of those chests, but it really doesn’t seem likely. The Eye of Zaitan boss that spawns isn’t what i would conciser a rare boss spawn. Taidha, being basically a pirate does really seem to tie into the staff, not to mention it’s in a non 80 level zone. I don’t have any solid theories unfortunately, but I would assume it’s some rarely found boss and it’s in an 80 area. You can discard a lot of underwater champ events since they don’t spawn chests.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Both Taidha Covington and The Zho’qafa Catacombs I’ve done numerous times. Not to say it doesn’t drop out of those chests, but it really doesn’t seem likely. The Eye of Zaitan boss that spawns isn’t what i would conciser a rare boss spawn. Taidha, being basically a pirate does really seem to tie into the staff, not to mention it’s in a non 80 level zone. I don’t have any solid theories unfortunately, but I would assume it’s some rarely found boss and it’s in an 80 area. You can discard a lot of underwater champ events since they don’t spawn chests.

I’ve hit Zho’qafa several times with a full group, and typically a few random players show up for the boss fight (event indicator seems to be visible from the Temple of Balthazar in the final room). So far, none of us (random players have been cooperative with item links so far) have seen anything out of the ordinary for that chest. I’m not sure at what point to write it off, but given that it’s been thoroughly farmed by many people in this thread…

Additionally, the alleged dialogue clue isn’t really a good match. The eye simply says “how dare you disturb my resting place,” which is hardly an indicator of a Final Rest. I think that more subtle, lore-oriented clues are the way to go.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Speaking of clues, I wondered if the name might hold a hidden clue, so…

Final Rest

inflaters

a rift lens

a nerf list

sin falter

trial fens

felt rains

listen far

risen flat

finer salt

stern rail

frail nets

nest flair

feral tins

sane flirt

flint ears

elf trains

learn fist

fins later

fears lint

fart lines

tail nerfs

elfin star

first lane

rent fails

Yeah, I got nothing. I’ve also done the Taidha Covington event recently but I don’t recall getting anything noteworthy from completing it. The Catacomb thing, well, I’ve seen it in progress – that is, the NPCs lying around dead with a Champion Giant (and once, a Champion Ooze) standing over them. I tried to fight the Champion Ooze but it was more than a match for my 80 thief and my less than stellar boss soloing skills.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

I’ve hit Zho’qafa several times with a full group, and typically a few random players show up for the boss fight (event indicator seems to be visible from the Temple of Balthazar in the final room). So far, none of us (random players have been cooperative with item links so far) have seen anything out of the ordinary for that chest. I’m not sure at what point to write it off, but given that it’s been thoroughly farmed by many people in this thread…

Additionally, the alleged dialogue clue isn’t really a good match. The eye simply says “how dare you disturb my resting place,” which is hardly an indicator of a Final Rest. I think that more subtle, lore-oriented clues are the way to go.

Im going thru lore texts adn history but still couldnt find even mention to artifact called Final Rest. Perhaps there is mention in one of gw2 published book? Anyway, if anybody can provide some lore texts with mention of Final Rest it could provide some clues.

Blueshield.6291

Speaking of clues, I wondered if the name might hold a hidden clue, so…

a rift lens

Shadow Behemoth. Portals are “rifts” and they’re lens shaped. Oh yes, definitely.

flat risen

Did anyone try dropping a huge rock on the Eye in Zho’qafa?

nest flair

Graveling burrows are nests! Wait, we ruled out dungeons.

a nerf list

Noooooo, they nerfed its droprate! No wonder we can’t find it…

Im going thru lore texts adn history but still couldnt find even mention to artifact called Final Rest. Perhaps there is mention in one of gw2 published book? Anyway, if anybody can provide some lore texts with mention of Final Rest it could provide some clues.

From my own somewhat lazy attempts at lore research, I’ve not been able to find any mention of the artifact itself, and I don’t think it’s likely to be a renamed object from lore. What I meant by “subtle, lore-oriented clues” was more along the lines of:

-Specific references to gargoyles/statuary. Is anyone/where known for this? (Specifically, not just “gargoyles go in catacombs”). Is there a specific association?

-Tombs of well-known historical figures from the lore. This has been covered in great detail here already.

-Possible references to/associations with historical figures with a connection to death (the weapon is shaped like a reaper’s scythe). Thinking along the lines of Adelbern being known for the Foefire – death on a massive scale. This avenue will likely lead back to Orr, unfortunately.

-Any and all necromancers in lore, and the places associated with them.

(edited by Blueshield.6291)

Deified.7520

I honestly feel that this event/boss has to be in Orr. I mean it seems like the most logical place due to the weapons names/looks. All other places outside of orr have been farmed like crazy. Perhaps a event chain we dont know about.

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

underwater….. as irritating the underwater can be in Straits of Devastation Map (irritating because I think whenever that event with the submarines is active, i believe when the submarines surface, it brings Everything that is in the water to the surface)… 0o

Checking POIs and listed Events… http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/plaza-of-the-lost-wisdom/32209/ wasn’t this the place in the personal story where the rare species (Largos) joins the fight? /shrug.
How often does anyone kill the huge underwater beasties in the SW corner of Malchor’s Leap? near http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/statue-of-grenth/34158/ I remember seeing 3 beasties and not staying to get autographs. Beat the beasties and get a boss to spawn? I’ve never fought the beasties, what happens when the 3 are defeated?

munkiman.3068

Pretty much the 2 things to take away from the dev responses is rare LARGE chest and (rare) boss. The given theories that have been stated so far don’t indicate either as being particularly rare. Large chest could mean a few different ones, and Lindsey’s emphasis on the large aspect you could almost assume it might be bigger than glorious, such as the enormous chest in the vault JP in WvW, even if the scale is the same, it is labeled enormous. We could be looking for a LARGE chest labeled that specifically as i’ve not come across a chest labeled “large” anything. It’s tough not to take the emphasis at face value, but it may not be a particularly sizable chest in scale. Just tossing that out there.

munkiman.3068

Speaking of WvW, have we ruled that area out? There are a few rather large chest and rare-ish boss events there too. Considering it is all 80 level area, it could very well be there as well.

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

I was thinking about this. What if the LARGE boss chest actually means a LARGE boss that drops a chest. I know it is a play on words but just trying to see if this could be something to think about. I think another thing in lore to think about is who associated with gargoyles. Was there a person or creature that used a staff that was associated with them.

Hjorje

munkiman.3068

That actually depends on when the staff was introduced or rather found. The wooden chest drops are a fairly new thing.

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

After thinking about my earlier post, I have some other thoughts on what I said.

First I should say a RARE LARGE boss that drops a chest. But as discussed earlier in this thread, the chest would have to be unique, as some chest run off the same loot table.

But do any of the RARE LARGE bosses have anything to do lore wise with a staff like this. I can’t answer that question without more research.

Hjorje

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Only problem is there is no way to open the door and there is no documented events that even suggest that it opens.

If anything, I would try equipping the Tome of the Rubicon and visiting the tomb and see what happens. Given the incredibly strong lore association, you never know! I don’t have this particular ascended backpiece or I’d have tried it.

Cant be related since Final Rest was in game before acsended gear was introduced.

I’ve been thinking about certain criteria event must fullfill in order to qualify for further investigation:
1. At end of chain it has to feature boss that is legendary (unique). Even if its not tied to event boss has to be legendary.

2. Upon defeating, boss has to spawn large chest. (we need more precise definition of large chest)

3. Boss is “rare” acording to officials. (what qualify boss as rare)
I went thru whole tyria history, from Forgotten and giants to dragons awakening and havent found any mention of artifact or its previous owners. But, while reading i noticed that alot of history is spinning around Orr and its kings.Vizier Killborn that sunked Orr and turned into lich, which was Abbadons servant near its end, sound like someone that might be tied to Final Rest. “Final Rest” means there was more than one resting place mby? Which could imply that it was in possesion of some sort of undead before putting it to rest for last time. Mby Vizier Tower holds more secrets than just murals and event after puzzle?

munkiman.3068

Maybe, but it’s so tied to and run through so often since there’s both a vista and skill point there. It seems highly unlikely that people would completely overlook, even the rarest of events there. There is only one known event around the tower.

Posted by: Giorgos.4962

Giorgos.4962

underwater….. as irritating the underwater can be in Straits of Devastation Map (irritating because I think whenever that event with the submarines is active, i believe when the submarines surface, it brings Everything that is in the water to the surface)… 0o

Checking POIs and listed Events… http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/plaza-of-the-lost-wisdom/32209/ wasn’t this the place in the personal story where the rare species (Largos) joins the fight? /shrug.
How often does anyone kill the huge underwater beasties in the SW corner of Malchor’s Leap? near http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/statue-of-grenth/34158/ I remember seeing 3 beasties and not staying to get autographs. Beat the beasties and get a boss to spawn? I’ve never fought the beasties, what happens when the 3 are defeated?

I’m not sure if this is related, but I found something odd in the SW corner of Malchor’s Leap. It was a spiked Starfish which was untargetable but could take damage and it dissapeared after a fair amount of time hitting it, after it got destroyed my friend who was with me got teleported to the surface, I was using a skill and didn’t get moved myself. I went back there today and the starfish is still gone… there is also an open chest in a shell arround, but I think there are more like that and its just decorative, the starfish however I didnt find any other which makes it something rare right ?

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

You all know abaddons temple in orr, right? The temple of the forgotten god. Nobody is there, since its hidden underwater, and no reason to go there.

All the other god temples got events with chests, why shouldnt this one have? I am sure nobody has ever fully explored that place in every single corner. The only time i was there, were through my personal story

munkiman.3068

There may be things there, but Abbaddon is dead and replaced with Komir. Not really forgotten, just dead/gone.

Blueshield.6291

There may be things there, but Abbaddon is dead and replaced with Komir. Not really forgotten, just dead/gone.

It’s referred to as the “Temple of the Forgotten God” in the story mission, hence the wording.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I was doing map completion on my second character, and while stumbling around tarnished coast.

1. There’s a dynamic event right in front of the abaddon temple. However the asura claim they didnt manage to open it. Possibly they do open it if someone is there to defend them? (they were dead when I arrived, and the event was “escape”)

2. In the (I want to say its called turga waypoint) there’s a skillpoint called “grenths graveyard” and a whole bunch of asura who refuse to talk to you nearby. Perhaps an event that starts there relating to the location might spawn a chest.

3. There’s the lady glaive champion monster I gave up on trying to solo near the west of the balthazar temple. Lady glaive has been dead since GW1. You free her spirit in a GW1 dungeon, and now her corpse is back in GW2. Perhaps an event, or maybe even just lady glaive herself could be prospective places to look.

munkiman.3068

It’s referred to as the “Temple of the Forgotten God” in the story mission, hence the wording.

I realize the wording, i was just saying that the events revolving around him wouldn’t seem to actually involve him like the other temples. This is pure speculation of course, since i’ve not tried anything around that temple.