Fractal levels above 30 to be reset?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

People who don’t think some kind of unique reward is justified should try to have some perspective. I’m having something that took literally hundreds of hours of my time removed from my account. I can’t even opt out of the leaderboards to keep my personal level. Hundreds of hours of effort is being removed, without anything I can do about it.

And the legendary comparison is completely valid. Ultimately what it comes down to is time invested -> goal reached -> result of goal being removed from your account. Getting fractal level 80 takes hundreds of hours – so does making a legendary. It confuses me why some people feel that one is no big deal while the other would be completely out of the question. They both take hundreds of hours – just because one is a skin and the other is a number doesn’t make it a completely different issue.

First of all, going from 30 to 48 is not losing “hundreds of hours,” so there’s that.

Secondly, I have no sympathy for anyone at level 80 Fractals. Anet made it quite clear they didn’t intend for us to progress past 50. You were essentially betting that Anet would one day open up 50+ and you would have an advantage. The flipside however was the risk that they would not and that would be wasted time. You made a risky bet that that progress was worth the time and you lost. It’s really that simple.

And no, the fact that Fractals and Legendaries both require a time commitment is not persuasive. Over the course of my life I have spent a great deal of time in the bathroom, but I don’t consider that time equal to time spent, say, at a job. The mere fact that two things both occupy time does not make them the same. In Fractals I could spend a lot of time being carried by my group to higher levels. With Legendaries I could spend very little time converting my RL cash to gems to gold. They are different. Get over it.

they didn’t make it clear when I hit lvl 80 in 2012 there wasn’t a single answer if 80 is the cap or not not a single dev post. they never said it before I reached 80 we shoulnd’t go there we shoulnd’t invest our Money in rez orbs… not a single post or answer that they consider us exploiters till no.. sooo… don’t tell things that arn’t true

It was absolutely clear to me and many others in 2012 that Anet intended to keep players out of 50+. Rez Orbs/Pets were a way to get past unsurvivable agony. Most people knew exactly what the design was, and understood that Orbs were a yet-unclosed (now closed) loophole. You took a risk and it didn’t pay off. You need to accept that.

You are missing the point that the majority of the nowadays MMO players simply don’t understand. There are other people, to whom grinding/farming is not the point: what they care about is simply the demanding and difficult things that the game has to offer. And ANet made it clear: you could go past the 50 level to actually find something like that. People couldn’t care less about some hypothetical future awards. So no, no one took risk that we have to accept now. What you and the rest of the laymen have to accept is the fact that, just like with the WvW ranks, or achievement points, there are ambitious people who aim higher than the majority. And if they did something that hasn’t been excluded from the game by the devs until now, they didn’t “exploit” anything. What they did is they sought for the only available challenge in this game: high level fractals.
That is something that deserves rewarding, especially if the laymasses are to get the equal footing with the hardworkers now. Fairness requires rewards. As simple as that.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

(edited by Corpus Christi.2057)

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

This game keeps getting dumbed down. They removed all incentive to go beyond level 10.
I got myself to higher level fractals to get the exclusive skins. That was part of their appeal, they were exclusive to running harder content and thus made the skins rarer. Now anybody running 10 can get the same thing.

I agree they should have added gold and whatever to entice people to do fractals, but the skins should have been bumped to requiring 30+ to get them as incentive to do harder ones. The useless tonic and a rune/sigil I will never use is a joke reward for doing harder content. They’re handing out more doing less.

As with most of their new content increased challenge = increased % at loot. Sure you can stay at level 10 and hope for a chance at good loot. Or level up your fractal level for increased loot chance.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I love the revamps and I’m excited for a variety of end bosses. The Maw is fun & all, but I’m glad to have others to look forward to as well.

Yes, I’ll be losing levels when they reset me down to 30, but it’ll be account bound now so I’m quite happy about that. I don’t give a flying kitten about the leaderboards….any of them.

I hope that the revamp brings new things I can get with pristine fractal relics as I’ve never needed to spend even one and have a bunch sitting in my bank. I don’t need rings for alts because I’ve gotten them as drops.

Overall: Excited.

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

I have 4 toons at level 49. Imagine how enraged I feel now at this upcoming update. And leaderboards? I think people at high levels should be at least compensated somehow (items, laurel refunds etc). This is simply sick.

Guess I will be a happy camper with Path of Exile and SC2 for a while.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

according to the notes you only need to do 20 fractals to hit the new cap. assuming the notes are correct you won’t be able to go past level 50.

in this regard you aren’t really losing anything. you still received all the rewards you earned from running higher levels before. you get 20 new levels of varied content to play through for free. I still feel like regardless of what level you were at before, all you are getting are benefits from this change.

there were no rewards running higher lvl’s when I did it you had same rewards than running lvl 1 so I didn’t get any rewards from that. I loose lots of time and effor that I put in reward lvl 81 I still could do scale 81 and Play it now and could Play it the whole year when I wanted a challenge and I loose this no.. I loose Content I work for witch is worth way more than a legendary

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: RedShipRaider.9560

RedShipRaider.9560

well they could at least add a Special title than they did in Arena item or whatever as one time reward for Player that did this before.. if they would have a horse Jockey he would have least gotten a reward when he was the best horse jokey…

This is quite true. And I have not seen anything saying that they will ~not~ be offering special rewards to those that already have a high Fractal level. Hopefully with more focus on this, the lack of reward for those who raised their personal level before this update to fractals, there will be some sort of prestige title or reward box for people.

All of the crying about the reset to 30 really does not make any sense to me, though. They have said very clearly that the level 31+ fractals will be more difficult and exciting than they are now. Why not be happy that there will now be something to better test player skill against, rather than crying about how this marker that supposedly measures PvE skill is reset?

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Yet again, Anet taking away stuff that we worked hard for.

This is the same thing that they did with crafting. All those people who discovered all the high level recipes, spent all that time, money, materials, etc to learn everything, lost it all cause Anet reset all the recipes so you could remake them to level up crafting. Everything lost, and no compensation whatsoever for everything we lost. They completely ignored all those people who lost everything with that reset.

Now here we are again. All these people who worked hard to make it to 50, 60, even 80 in Fractals. All that time and money spent to get that far, and now Anet is taking it all away from you and resetting Fractals. So you lose everything you worked hard for, and get nothing in return for it. All for Leaderboards that no one asked for.

What is with Anet taking things away from us all the time? Temp content, crafting discoveries, Fractal ranks, next thing we know they are going to reset SPvP ranks, Achievements, and all of our levels because of some fancy new reward system or more leaderboards. Don’t they realize that players don’t like having their hard work taken from them? Are they trying to drive people away from the game? Glad I quit this game when I did. Seeing this gives me no reason to come back.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

People who don’t think some kind of unique reward is justified should try to have some perspective. I’m having something that took literally hundreds of hours of my time removed from my account. I can’t even opt out of the leaderboards to keep my personal level. Hundreds of hours of effort is being removed, without anything I can do about it.

And the legendary comparison is completely valid. Ultimately what it comes down to is time invested -> goal reached -> result of goal being removed from your account. Getting fractal level 80 takes hundreds of hours – so does making a legendary. It confuses me why some people feel that one is no big deal while the other would be completely out of the question. They both take hundreds of hours – just because one is a skin and the other is a number doesn’t make it a completely different issue.

First of all, going from 30 to 48 is not losing “hundreds of hours,” so there’s that.

Secondly, I have no sympathy for anyone at level 80 Fractals. Anet made it quite clear they didn’t intend for us to progress past 50. You were essentially betting that Anet would one day open up 50+ and you would have an advantage. The flipside however was the risk that they would not and that would be wasted time. You made a risky bet that that progress was worth the time and you lost. It’s really that simple.

And no, the fact that Fractals and Legendaries both require a time commitment is not persuasive. Over the course of my life I have spent a great deal of time in the bathroom, but I don’t consider that time equal to time spent, say, at a job. The mere fact that two things both occupy time does not make them the same. In Fractals I could spend a lot of time being carried by my group to higher levels. With Legendaries I could spend very little time converting my RL cash to gems to gold. They are different. Get over it.

they didn’t make it clear when I hit lvl 80 in 2012 there wasn’t a single answer if 80 is the cap or not not a single dev post. they never said it before I reached 80 we shoulnd’t go there we shoulnd’t invest our Money in rez orbs… not a single post or answer that they consider us exploiters till no.. sooo… don’t tell things that arn’t true

It was absolutely clear to me and many others in 2012 that Anet intended to keep players out of 50+. Rez Orbs/Pets were a way to get past unsurvivable agony. Most people knew exactly what the design was, and understood that Orbs were a yet-unclosed (now closed) loophole. You took a risk and it didn’t pay off. You need to accept that.

You are missing the point that the majority of the nowadays MMO players simply don’t understand. There are other people, to whom grinding/farming is not the point: what they care about is simply what the demanding and difficult things that the game has to offer. And ANet made it clear: you could go past the 50 level to actually find something like that. People couldn’t care less about some hypothetical future awards. So no, no one took risk and that we have to accept. What you and the rest of the laymen have to accept is the fact that, just like with the WvW ranks, or achievement points, there are ambitious people who aim higher than the majority. And if they did something that hasn’t been excluded from the game by the devs until now, they didn’t “exploit” anything. What they did is they sought for the only available challenge in this game: high level fractals.
That is something that deserves rewarding, especially if the laymasses are to get the equal footing with the hardworkers now. Fairness requires rewards. As simple as that.

As someone who is at 60+, I can tell you that the only “difficult” part of leveling past 50 was getting the right group who knew how and when to get past jade maw’s agony.

Ironic use of “fairness” by the way, considering Anet had to patch to remove the method used to get past 50.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

People shouldn’t have be able to go to level 80 to begin with. They were able to do so by exploiting the mechanics of the fight – namely, the agony that wasn’t applied after being revived, thus permitting the use of revive orb . And that was subsequentely fixed (putting also another hard cap in the form of excessively high agony damage).
I’m perfectly fine with people being frustrated due of losing their 49 fractal level. But being angry because they aren’t taking in consideration something that shouldn’t have been gotten to begin with doesn’t make sense at all.

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

I dont want no kittening reward, I want them to leave my reward level alone. this is just like a rollback, and peeps that got screwed when they kittened them with the gathering tools got compensated, we should to, I spent months in fractals getting 3 chars over 40+ using revive orbs and repair canisters to get my fractals skins, kittening and complaining to anet about the rng of the skins, now they want to take that away, this is just bullkitten on top of bullkitten. they just keep doing more and more damage to us and it keeps making them look bad.

The problem is they dont think about these things, they just do them and dont think about the consequences, Anet has already upset most of the pvp community, now they are messing with the pve community, good one anet, hope you plans to crash and burn are working out, they seem to be from this end.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

(edited by Rama.6439)

Posted by: McFly.2134

McFly.2134

I literally just created an Infused Quiver of a Thousand Arrows. Are they removing its inherent +5 AR? This is such a dumb bish move if they do.

They probably thought everyone would do fractals back in November 2012 and decided to create an eco/tier 6 item sink with ascended mystic forge recipes.

Since no one is doing fractals anymore and ecto/tier 6 has increased in cost by over 10 fold it becomes very impractical for people to grind 100 gold worth of mats for 5 agony resistance.

Don’t you agree?

Um, I don’t really agree obviously as I just recently DID said grind. It’s not an argument of practicality. There is nothing practical about grinding for legendaries that give zero “practical” boosts (just an example). It’s about getting a top-tier item that a minority of people have. It’s easy to get 30-35 AR. That push to 50 AR is supposed to be much more difficult/time consuming. Two weeks worth of grinding after work to buy 250 ectos. BAM, sorry brah. You should have jsut right-clicked that stack of ectos and selected “destroy.” Would have been the same outcome.

Wisdom through suffering.

Patrikan Habaton.2548

what did they take away besides the number? help me understand!

you don’t lose any rewards do you?

I was hopping to enter scale 81 again when they rework it so I get some hardcontent now I have to do 50*4= 200 fractals again with ppl I don’t know ( the Group I played till 81 doesn’t Play anymore ) soo invest loads of time to get where I was and I bet the lvl till 61 will be easy for me if I had 81 I woulnd’t get any rewards if I coulnd’t complete em so what Point in taking it away basicaly I loose time and Money spent worth of about 2-3 legnedaries if I played other aspects of the game about 4-5 legendaries if I just farmed

You feeling math hurt today? Cap is 50, so reset to 30… that is 20 levels X 4 seems like you only need to do 80 fractals. Although I just wonder if the new changes to level 30+ scare you a bit. It is ok to be afraid.

Looking forward to the changes!

I invested loads of time as I said and Money to get there now it’s taken away it’s like if they delete all legendaries… can’t you get that? for real… you put effort and time in somthing and they take it away

first scale 81 fractals

Corpus Christi.2057

You are missing the point that the majority of the nowadays MMO players simply don’t understand. There are other people, to whom grinding/farming is not the point: what they care about is simply what the demanding and difficult things that the game has to offer. And ANet made it clear: you could go past the 50 level to actually find something like that. People couldn’t care less about some hypothetical future awards. So no, no one took risk and that we have to accept. What you and the rest of the laymen have to accept is the fact that, just like with the WvW ranks, or achievement points, there are ambitious people who aim higher than the majority. And if they did something that hasn’t been excluded from the game by the devs until now, they didn’t “exploit” anything. What they did is they sought for the only available challenge in this game: high level fractals.

As someone who is at 60+, I can tell you that the only “difficult” part of leveling past 50 was getting the right group who knew how and when to get past jade maw’s agony.

Ironic use of “fairness” by the way, considering Anet had to patch to remove the method used to get past 50.

And you could find those people amongst me and you, and those who cared, and not the laymen. That’s the difference: the attitude.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So ascended backpacks will get +5 ar. But whats with the people who already infused their backpacks. Will the 250 ectos be in vain? That would be 750 ectos for me

No. Only the infused version will which comes with the +5 AR. They’re just making that inherent AR from infused items to be an actual AR slot to make it easier for people to add AR.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Fractals is basically the only significant character progression for 80+, and that’s being deleted. If there was any clearer way to say kitten anyone who isn’t casual I don’t know what that would be. I cant believe they kittened up the one patch in months that was going to give something for hardcore pve’ers.

Unless of course the 30 plus fractals are more hard core than they were previously, in which case beating them would mean more.

I get why people are upset that they’re losing levels and going backwards, but if the fractals are actually better, I’d think it would be supported…particularly if there is more/better loot involved.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So ascended backpacks will get +5 ar. But whats with the people who already infused their backpacks. Will the 250 ectos be in vain? That would be 750 ectos for me

I literally just created an Infused Quiver of a Thousand Arrows. Are they removing its inherent +5 AR? This is such a dumb bish move if they do.

You will still have the +5 AR. It will just automatically fill the AR infusion slot they’re adding like what the preview stated.

Kilandros.2098

And you could find those people amongst me and you, and those who cared, and not the laymen. That’s the difference: the attitude.

So if it was actually all about the “difficulty” and the “challenge” as you so emotionally put it, why are you now begging and pleading for a reward?

(edited by Kilandros.2098)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

This game keeps getting dumbed down. They removed all incentive to go beyond level 10.
I got myself to higher level fractals to get the exclusive skins. That was part of their appeal, they were exclusive to running harder content and thus made the skins rarer. Now anybody running 10 can get the same thing.

I agree they should have added gold and whatever to entice people to do fractals, but the skins should have been bumped to requiring 30+ to get them as incentive to do harder ones. The useless tonic and a rune/sigil I will never use is a joke reward for doing harder content. They’re handing out more doing less.

As with most of their new content increased challenge = increased % at loot. Sure you can stay at level 10 and hope for a chance at good loot. Or level up your fractal level for increased loot chance.

They have always said that higher level fractals increases your chance at better loot.

There are those of us that say that is not true as we have played enough fractals to know that the ‘increased’ rewards at higher level fractals are not worth the risk. And I’m sorry, but I just still don’t believe they have revamped the rewards to justify the increased risk.

The only real reason to run higher fractals were fractal skins. And now those are obtainable at level 10.

McFly.2134

You will still have the +5 AR. It will just automatically fill the AR infusion slot they’re adding like what the preview stated.

So what you’re saying essentially is that everyone after me gets to simply place a +5 AR infusion to achieve the same stats as my Infused Bow…without contributing the 250 ectos to do it. Correct? And this seems acceptable to you?

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

They probably thought everyone would do fractals back in November 2012 and decided to create an eco/tier 6 item sink with ascended mystic forge recipes.

Since no one is doing fractals anymore and ecto/tier 6 has increased in cost by over 10 fold it becomes very impractical for people to grind 100 gold worth of mats for 5 agony resistance.

Don’t you agree?

Um, I don’t really agree obviously as I just recently DID said grind. It’s not an argument of practicality. There is nothing practical about grinding for legendaries that give zero “practical” boosts (just an example). It’s about getting a top-tier item that a minority of people have. It’s easy to get 30-35 AR. That push to 50 AR is supposed to be much more difficult/time consuming. Two weeks worth of grinding after work to buy 250 ectos. BAM, sorry brah. You should have jsut right-clicked that stack of ectos and selected “destroy.” Would have been the same outcome.

Di you create the non-infused version and the infused version together? That’s 250 vicious claws and 300 ectoplasms. 185g down the drain does hurt, I’ll give you that.

Corpus Christi.2057

So if it was actually all about the “difficulty” and the “challenge” as you so emotionally put it, why are you now begging and pleading for a reward?

Maybe because what I cared so much about, as you ironically put it, is now turned into oblivion?

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

New level 30 is the old level 50. If you are under 50 then you aren’t losing anything. They just rescaled the levels. Everything over 30 now has additional challenges.

Also levels are account bound now so you won’t have to re level all your characters, just one.

Also they aren’t resetting agony resist, they are replacing it with a different system, closer to that of MF. Question: Is agony resist account bound as well?

Looks great, I might get back into fractals with this update!

Posted by: ozma.3498

ozma.3498

Why aren’t you applauding the introduction of leaderboards?

Because they’re meaningless if the limit is level 50.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

For every level above 30 that is wiped you get a bonus daily chest. Done is done.

like the WvW rank up chests. sounds fair.
So lvl 80s will get 2 chests for the next 50 daily runs.

Posted by: Valmarius.4150

Valmarius.4150

So what you’re saying essentially is that everyone after me gets to simply place a +5 AR infusion to achieve the same stats as my Infused Bow…without contributing the 250 ectos to do it. Correct? And this seems acceptable to you?

It’s certainly acceptable to me. The current system is too expensive (as you yourself recently, and unfortunately, found out). That some people used it isn’t a reason they shouldn’t improve it. I do feel your pain, though.

Kilandros.2098

Maybe because what I cared so much about, as you ironically put it, is now turned into oblivion?

Did you overcome the challenge or not?

(edited by Moderator)

Patrikan Habaton.2548

for me it was the effort I could have gotten 2-3 legendaries for.

Ah yes, I love the classic, “IF ONLY IT WASN’T FOR THIS ONE THING, I WOULD HAVE BEEN OTHERWISE WILDLY SUCCESSFUL AND HAD THE WHOLE WORLD!” argument.

legendary has nothing to do with success… I just saying it cause ppl can’t see to imagine ot realize what they take away from me… so I Need to compare it to somthing they know. Ppl doesn’t seem to realize they take away somthing from a Player who legitly got somthing.. and this shoulnd’t be the case in any game no matter for what reason.

first scale 81 fractals

Mad Rasputin.7809

I understand your pain here.

But in reality, those with inherently infused back pieces and rings are not losing anything. The +5 inherent AR is being move to the new AR infusion slot. That slot will be initially populated with a +5 AR infusion for those that had inherently infused items and that slot will be empty for those that did not.

Yes, you paid a lot for that extra +5 AR when you got it. Yes, it will now be pretty cheap for the next guy to gain that +5 AR in comparison. Yes, I can feel your pain.

But nothing has been taken away or lost.

Posted by: Dirdyy.1648

Dirdyy.1648

ANET steal the only thing i can buy: time!

I have over 500+ Runs (Many people have over 2000+ Runs) and i think 1/3 were lvl 38 and above.
When i imagine that a common run was about 90min u own me 250 hours of gameplay.
And then i get a Daily Chest, that i do in 10min. Big LOL.

And what about my Infusions?
I have 14 Infusions with +5AR and +5 Force/Precision on my 2 Chars.
They had cost me about 50 Gold/Infusion. Will they still needed? Will they still the best (highest) infusions?

When not – i had paid 700G for nothing.

I think ANET should reflect it very good or many people will leave the game.

Kilandros.2098

Really? Last time I checked you were the one who lost hundreds of hours and is now whining about it on a video game forum.

Yep, I lost hundreds of hours. But I still did it, and you didn’t. And I’m making a request to ArenaNet, whereas you’re wasting your life trying to make people who have achieved something in-game feel small. :-)

On the contrary. I’m actually making a similar request to Anet by posting here: Don’t ruin the game by catering to people upset about wasted time.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Really? Last time I checked you were the one who lost hundreds of hours and is now whining about it on a video game forum.

Yep, I lost hundreds of hours. But I still did it, and you didn’t. And I’m making a request to ArenaNet, whereas you’re wasting your life trying to make people who have achieved something in-game feel small. :-)

I do have to applaud you on making the request not sound like a child whining for a new toy. Hopefully there will be an official statement on either why or why not give a compensation.

Corpus Christi.2057

Just a quick question: if one of my characters has a fractal level 70+, and the one I’m trying to make my “new main” – 25 – am I going to have an account-wide fractal level of 30 on all the characters, including the “new main”?

Kilandros.2098

I do have to applaud you on making the request not sound like a child whining for a new toy. Hopefully there will be an official statement on either why or why not give a compensation.

To be fair:

I aimed for the top and got there. I won. Sorry if successful people upset you bro.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Greetings all,

We’ve moved all the fractals change threads into one thread so the Dev Team can find all your feedback in one place. Please remember to stay on-topic and keep personal attacks against your fellow players and our staff off the thread.

Mad Rasputin.7809

Just a quick question: if one of my characters has a fractal level 70+, and the one I’m trying to make my “new main” – 25 – am I going to have an account-wide fractal level of 30 on all the characters, including the “new main”?

The new account wide personal reward level should be the your current highest personal reward level.

In your case, the new account wide personal reward level should be 30.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They’ve redone the ladder to be more progressive and challenging. You should be happy about it; it’s gonna give you something to do.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

If you remember not to remove topics just because they give negative Feedback.

Kthanks.

As long as it is respectful and doesn’t include violations of the Forum Code of Conduct, it won’t be removed.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Because of the new Leaderboards. It wouldn’t be fair for you to be at the top of the Leaderboards from completing it on easy mode would it?

Feels good to be forced into leaderboards.

Well they could have a normal fractals and a separate leaderboard fractal? Like with how Diablo 2 and Path of Exile’s leaderboard system works. Then people who simply don’t care to be included into such a thing against their own will wont have to.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: ordeal.9145

ordeal.9145

since its a fractal concern thread now i want to ask why are the fractal weapon still rng only! i want some grindy way to get it also…..

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Greetings all,

We’ve moved all the fractals change threads into one thread so the Dev Team can find all your feedback in one place. Please remember to stay on-topic and keep personal attacks against your fellow players and our staff off the thread.

Then can we get an answer?

1) Will 30+ be given compensation? Will 50+ be given extra compensation? What will it be?
2) Please explain what happens to infused backpieces. Was infusing it with 250 ectos a complete waste? If so, will those be given back?

Kthanks.

As long as it is respectful and doesn’t include violations of the Forum Code of Conduct, it won’t be removed.

The thread didn’t violate that. There were a couple responses that could have been deleted, which happens all the time. 90% of the post was on topic and no violations.

RIP in peace Robert

Kilandros.2098

Feedback for Devs:

1) Account-wide Fractals is excellent. This is long overdue.

2) Whether rewards make Fractals worth the time commitment remains to be seen. You intend for each Fractal to take between 20-30 minutes, meaning a full run is easily 1-1.5+ hours. For many of us, that’s all the time we have to commit to a game on any given day (often all the time we have for several days). If that’s all we’re doing with our play time, it needs to be worth it.

3) Leaderboards are, frankly, a bad idea. I don’t really care who spends the most time in Fractals. It’s not like PvP where # of kills denotes some skill. Fractals is mostly a time crunch, followed by some skill cap. Suffice it to say that as an experienced Fractal runner, I have 0 interest in the leaderboard.

4) New Fractals. The problem with Fractals right now is they take too long. I don’t always have that much continuous play time to sit and complete a whole run. In my opinion, Fractals should be fine tuned so that any three can completed in 30 minutes to an hour—but never more than an hour.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Greetings all,

1) Will 30+ be given compensation? Will 50+ be given extra compensation? What will it be?
2) Please explain what happens to infused backpieces. Was infusing it with 250 ectos a complete waste? If so, will those be given back?

The Community Coordinator won’t have those answers for you. You’ll need to wait for a developer to answer.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Were changing the color of the legendary BiFrost to be green instead of white.

Thus, existing BiFrost owners will be reset to a Common staff as their existing BiFrost is no longer relevant.

Will my post be deleted?

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I have 4 characters well over lvl 30+. Do you have any plans of compensating us? Because as far as I see I wasted hours and hours gaining their levels just for it to become account bound and reset at lvl 30.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Kilandros.2098

Greetings all,

Kthanks.

The thread didn’t violate that. There were a couple responses that could have been deleted, which happens all the time. 90% of the post was on topic and no violations.

Going out on a limb here, but my gut is telling me they won’t give “extra” (lol) compensation to people who progressed past 50 considering, you know, that they never intended people to progress past 50.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I like the idea of the reset, especially if fractals will be more challenging.

For those people that said they worked hard to get to 48, just keep in mind that most if not all players, including myself, exploited our way to 48. There was no challenge. We always found something that bypassed game mechanics.

McFly.2134

Current concerns:

I will personally keep posting these once or twice every page until a dev responds to them (even though I really only care about the second one).

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I think that setting fractal levels back to 30 was most likely the right decision. However, I do also think that players who has progressed passed 30 should be recompensed in some meaningful form.

Compensated… for what exactly? Doing Fractals? They’ve already been compensated with the greater rewards available for the levels they were at. Now the reward system and the challenges are being changed quite a bit, so instead of knocking everyone back to level one they’re rewarding everyone above level 30 in there by not making them have to do the first thirty levels worth of Fractals again as well. Anyone below 30 still has to do those levels to catch up.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Kilandros.2098

There should be no extra rewards for 50+ progress being reset

I’m currently at 60+ and even I don’t think I’m entitled to a “reward” simply because I got in on the Revive Orb trick before Anet had a chance to patch it. I’m also against such a “reward” considering it’s unfair to newer players who were not around to run Fractals during the period when the Revive Orb trick was present.

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

LFM 48 ping gear ping leaderboard guards only