Fractal levels above 30 to be reset?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

To all those that keep saying that doing lvl 48 fractals needed exploits:

Ever since the ascended weapons were introduced, pretty much anyone could get 50 AR. Invest a 250 ectos, and you get 55 AR. With both those any fractals is easily done in a legitimate way. All you need is a good group of people. Getting the levels from 30 to 50 is just as legit, as getting from 1 to 30. The difference is that it requires more time, gold, skill and patience. Especially if you do it on more than one character.

That is why it is perfectly justifiable that those people should be rewarded for loosing that progression, because, let’s face it: the current levels 30+ can be done in about 30 mins, unless you get dredge fractal.

Posted by: snakesolid.5102

snakesolid.5102

What’s the point of new +1 AR infusions? Do they plan to delete +5 AR infusions and reset our AR too? And what about player who spent time to craft special AR infusion with a +5 stat ?

Posted by: Nephitis.8201

Nephitis.8201

Agree on pvp rank comparison, heck, reset everyone to 30 too see how the community likes the game then.

^ That.

That would have a measurable and negative impact on the playerbase. There is no measurable or negative impact on players by lowering your fractal level to 30. You gained nothing and lose nothing with it changing. You already lost your time and resources getting there, sure. But you had fun doing it. It’s just like when your car is repossesed due to lack of payment. They don’t refund you what you paid because you don’t have your car anymore.

If you can tell me a single item or skill you lose by having your fractal level reduced to 30 we’ll talk.

Please tell me what you lose by resetting spvp rank?
You already lost your time and effort getting there. Same thing.

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

Seeing that much ppl got to 50 on an exploitation that was fixed i think its ok to drop it down i am not sure about all the way to 30 but its still needed if your going to changes things up.

Then they should remove dungeon master and all gold + drops obtained from dungeons since a lot of people exploit dungeons.

^ And that.

What about this?

It is completely contradictory:
On one hand: “I did high level fractals for the incredible challenge, even when I knew the rewards were lousy.”

On the other hand" " I demand I be rewarded for all of the “work” and “money” I spent doing something I knew quite well had lousy rewards."

What about some thinking?

You got no title for doing higher level fractals – actually, kitten , you got nothing of perceptible worthiness. Those who did the very high level fractals, like everyone here underlines, was the pure challenge and fun time with something rather difficult ( nothing else in this game compares really ).
Now, suddenly, those who advanced to, let’s say, level 31 and those who advanced to, let’s say, level 70, are placed in the new system on equal footing, i.e. level 30. How is that fair, in any ridiculously stretched understandings of the word “fair” you may have in your dictionary?
Like I said above, some of people here are thinking only in perceptible things ( notably you ), while some other in both perceptible and non-perceptible ( me and those who did very high level fractals ). The reason why people demand some compensation is because they want they equally importnant, non-perceptible experiences compensated in the perceptible manner. Simple, I think.

In other words:

“I did 50+ Fractals knowing that there was no ‘tangible’ reward, just hard content and the feeling of accomplishment that comes with completing hard content. That’s enough for a true competitor like me. But now that I’ve completed that hard content, I demand a tangible reward! Otherwise, what was the point of spending all that time and energy trying to beat hard content if there was no reward!”

Your reasoning is entirely contradictory. My guess is because it’s dishonest. My guess is you did 50+ hoping to have a head start on the new stuff once those Fractals were opened and now you’re mad you wasted your time and have nothing to show for it. You always expected a reward and the challenge was secondary. And now you’re demanding that reward.

It’s the last time I am repeating this one to you: I’ve mentioned both PERCEPTIVE AND NON-PERCEPTIVE rewards. One can compensate for the other, i.e. if the non-perceptive one gets obliterated, the perceptive one can compensate for it. The activity of grinding shows the drive for perceptive awards only, whereas the activity of high fractal running shows the combined type. It’s basic psychology, really.

I agree—it is basic psychology:

“I expected to have a head start when they introduced 50+ Fractals. I was wrong and they aren’t introducing 50+ Fractals and now my time is wasted. I want a freebie, but worry they won’t give it to me considering I was trying to get a head start on content they didn’t want us doing. If I claim I was never interested in a reward in the first place, and was only doing it for the challenge, perhaps they’ll give me a reward anyway!”

Nah. Not buying it.

Also, what you mean to say is “tangible.” You’re talking about tangible rewards (i.e., Fractal skins) vs. intangible rewards (i.e., accomplishment having completed hard content).

Kilandros.2098

Agree on pvp rank comparison, heck, reset everyone to 30 too see how the community likes the game then.

^ That.

That would have a measurable and negative impact on the playerbase. There is no measurable or negative impact on players by lowering your fractal level to 30. You gained nothing and lose nothing with it changing. You already lost your time and resources getting there, sure. But you had fun doing it. It’s just like when your car is repossesed due to lack of payment. They don’t refund you what you paid because you don’t have your car anymore.

If you can tell me a single item or skill you lose by having your fractal level reduced to 30 we’ll talk.

See, Kilandros, that’s what I am talking about – precisely the type of a person who is driven by perceptible factors only.

And notice that he isn’t here demanding a reward…

Which is what I’ve been saying. If you honestly only did them for the challenge and the fun, then you don’t care about the reward.

But since you’re here insisting on a reward, I don’t buy your claim that you did them for the challenge and the fun. I think you did them to get a headstart on content, and it backfired.

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

Another very legitimate concern is the making of parties after the new update. Up until now, I’ve been running daily lvl 48 with a fixed group of people. In the case of a free spot, we have been taking in another random person at that level, because it was almost certain that said person has the skill, AR and items needed to contribute to the party.

Now we are getting placed together with people that have only reached lvl 30 and have very small experience with the harder content. Which will undoubtfully lead to them getting kicked, if at all accepted into the “reseted fractal groups”. Also, getting a skilled 5th player for preset groups, will be much harder and it is a matter of time before people will start complaining about having to carry old lvl 30’s.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Seeing that much ppl got to 50 on an exploitation that was fixed i think its ok to drop it down i am not sure about all the way to 30 but its still needed if your going to changes things up.

Then they should remove dungeon master and all gold + drops obtained from dungeons since a lot of people exploit dungeons.

^ And that.

What about this?

On one hand: “I did high level fractals for the incredible challenge, even when I knew the rewards were lousy.”

On the other hand" " I demand I be rewarded for all of the “work” and “money” I spent doing something I knew quite well had lousy rewards."

You got no title for doing higher level fractals – actually, kitten , you got nothing of perceptible worthiness. Those who did the very high level fractals, like everyone here underlines, was the pure challenge and fun time with something rather difficult ( nothing else in this game compares really ).
Now, suddenly, those who advanced to, let’s say, level 31 and those who advanced to, let’s say, level 70, are placed in the new system on equal footing, i.e. level 30. How is that fair, in any ridiculously stretched understandings of the word “fair” you may have in your dictionary?
Like I said above, some of people here are thinking only in perceptible things ( notably you ), while some other in both perceptible and non-perceptible ( me and those who did very high level fractals ). The reason why people demand some compensation is because they want they equally importnant, non-perceptible experiences compensated in the perceptible manner. Simple, I think.

In other words:

“I did 50+ Fractals knowing that there was no ‘tangible’ reward, just hard content and the feeling of accomplishment that comes with completing hard content. That’s enough for a true competitor like me. But now that I’ve completed that hard content, I demand a tangible reward! Otherwise, what was the point of spending all that time and energy trying to beat hard content if there was no reward!”

Your reasoning is entirely contradictory. My guess is because it’s dishonest. My guess is you did 50+ hoping to have a head start on the new stuff once those Fractals were opened and now you’re mad you wasted your time and have nothing to show for it. You always expected a reward and the challenge was secondary. And now you’re demanding that reward.

It’s the last time I am repeating this one to you: I’ve mentioned both PERCEPTIVE AND NON-PERCEPTIVE rewards. One can compensate for the other, i.e. if the non-perceptive one gets obliterated, the perceptive one can compensate for it. The activity of grinding shows the drive for perceptive awards only, whereas the activity of high fractal running shows the combined type. It’s basic psychology, really.

“I expected to have a head start when they introduced 50+ Fractals. I was wrong and they aren’t introducing 50+ Fractals and now my time is wasted. I want a freebie, but worry they won’t give it to me considering I was trying to get a head start on content they didn’t want us doing. If I claim I was never interested in a reward in the first place, and was only doing it for the challenge, perhaps they’ll give me a reward anyway!”

Nah. Not buying it.

Also, what you mean to say is “tangible.” You’re talking about tangible rewards (i.e., Fractal skins) vs. intangible rewards (i.e., accomplishment having completed hard content).

The fact you are not buying it does not negate the possibility of it being true. Glad you finally admitted it is a possibility.
And yes, it is called a synonym. Thanks. I’ll use it for future reference.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

^ That.

See, Kilandros, that’s what I am talking about – precisely the type of a person who is driven by perceptible factors only.

I think everybody should post their fotm personal level. My guess would be that 95% of the people arguing for compensation (both on levels and backpieces) are 40+ with a backpiece, while 95% of those saying we shouldn’t get anything are lvl 39- with 1 or no backpieces.

My point being is those that won’t be affected by this should probably just stay quiet, ESPECIALLY if the reward is a title or something not monetary.

lvl: 48

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

You don’t see the connection between personal REWARD level and … REWARDS?

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

my Point is I loose my time invested for nothing to make up for it… Loads of Money spent in rez orbs and stuff…

A game shoulnd’t take away items or Progress you have made it’s just a bad direction Overall they’re headint as I posted before it be the same as:
- deleting all wvw Progress cause they add seasons
– deleting all pvp Progress cause ppl exploited farming skyhammer
– deleting all legendaries because they were RNG based with the precurser have no new effects and can statchange

lvl: 81 since 2012

first scale 81 fractals

Corpus Christi.2057

^ That.

I think everybody should post their fotm personal level. My guess would be that 95% of the people arguing for compensation (both on levels and backpieces) are 40+ with a backpiece, while 95% of those saying we shouldn’t get anything are lvl 39- with 1 or no backpieces.

My point being is those that won’t be affected by this should probably just stay quiet, ESPECIALLY if the reward is a title or something not monetary.

Well, let’s be honest, it is more than apparent.

Kilandros.2098

^ And that.

What about this?

In other words:

Nah. Not buying it.

The fact you are not buying it does not negate the possibility of it being true. Glad you finally admitted it is a possibility.

I don’t admit it’s a possibility. Having read all of your posts here I don’t doubt for a minute that you ran 50+ to get ahead of the game before the Fractal update came out, and now you’re upset it didn’t go your way so you’re trying to salvage the effort by insisting on something being given to you.

Basically I think you were speculating on future content. You made a bet, you lost, and that’s that. But don’t come in here and feign noble motivations to recoup some of your losses.

Edit: Level 66. Several fully upgraded backpieces. Bunch of skins I don’t use.

(edited by Kilandros.2098)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

ok, how about they give people a title who got over level 30
Alpha Fractal Runner XX
XX=whatever fractal you got over 30 in old system

a unique title only available to those who did it the old way

Nephitis.8201

If the new 30+ is supposedly more challenging then the old 80, why can’t they just add it to the old system and make it cap at 100 for a nice number. Everyone would be happy that way.

Corpus Christi.2057

^ And that.

What about this?

In other words:

Nah. Not buying it.

I don’t admit it’s a possibility. Having read all of your posts here I don’t doubt for a minute that you ran 50+ to get ahead of the game before the Fractal update came out, and now you’re upset it didn’t go your way so you’re trying to salvage the effort by insisting on something being given to you.

Once again, you have admitted that such a scenario is a possibility which deserves a compensation, but that this scenario, however, is not my case. I am satisfied with that. Finally.

Thanks and enjoy the evening!

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

But there was no true exploitation from the dungeons there was a major changes in fractals mainly the ability of though who had lots of gold to just buy there way though the levels.
That and they are not removing any thing you got level 30+ and there where not titles on high level fractals. So it just seems you do not want to do level 30-48 over even though there are going to be better rewards.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

phys.7689

^ That.

i mean yall can complain about it, but you should probably just say what you want them to give you, because we all know you arent going to keep your level no matter what.

To be honest i think we are wasting are time with this issue, and should focus on;

how’s the new AR system going to effect infused items
what will happen to the very expensive +5 agony +5to a stat items
be explicit explaining what the Beta fractal capacitor will be like after the update (the notes arent clear)
can you get a daily chest for every 10 level, or is it one per day
is it one per day per account now?
karma?
lodestones?

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

Alright heading out for the day but it comes down to this. You can either accept the change and continue to play. Or not accept the change and go to something else. When fractals and Ascended gear came out entire guilds died in mass because people didn’t like the direction the game was going. Now that we’re at the destination the game pretty much sucks as expected. So far I see this is the first step in trying to go back to some of the roots of what the game was supposed to be. Anything achievable by anyone playing how you want. Will probably take them twice as long to fix the game and who knows if they’ll still have any players by then but we’ll see.

But right now for each you you the choice is simple. Continue or not.

phys.7689

If the new 30+ is supposedly more challenging then the old 80, why can’t they just add it to the old system and make it cap at 100 for a nice number. Everyone would be happy that way.

probably because odd number fractals were useless, and essentially ended up as just a time sink. So they removed them.

It would be interesting to hear

What is the equivalence in difficulty of new system to old?

new 10 = what level old fractal in difficulty?
new 20 = what level difficulty
new 30 = what level difficulty

how does AR scale now? aka how much agaony resist is good at say new 30

Patrikan Habaton.2548

nothing to do with headstart I am at the CAP of the current System… not because of AR because you simply can’t open scale 81 you get ported into 80 it’s more like I completed somthing now they tell me to do it again… I completed a legendary now they say I should do it again cause it has new partical effects and stats Change Options… I completed lvl 50 pvp now they say I should do it again because ppl exploited skyhammer .. I have completed rank 600 wvw now they tell to do it again because a new season starts…

^ And that.

What about this?

In other words:

Nah. Not buying it.

nope not true: I am at the CAP not cause of agony but because you can’t simply open scale 81 ( my current lvl because you get ported into 80). So I completed it .. it’s more like: I completed pvp lvl 50 they resett it cause of skyhammer —- I completed a lengedary and they delete it because of stat changes and new effects —- I completed wvw rank 10’000 they delete it because you know for season 14 they want to have all to start on even Levels!

first scale 81 fractals

(edited by Patrikan Habaton.2548)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I guess I’m wondering about the scale too. Is a fractal runner at prl 10 right now good enough to run fractal lvl 10 after patch?
How about for 20? 30?
How is this scaling is the real question. If people who went to 50+ are being clumped in with prls at 30, can a prl 30 person of today actually do fractal lvl 30 next week?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

I don’t see why anyone who really loves the challenge of fractals would be upset by this. You reached level 60? 70? 80? 81? That is an awesome achievement but they never said you would have anything to show for it, and no mater what they do they cannot take away the fact that you have completed something only a tiny portion of players have ever completed. So they reverted your level back, does that mean you never got to level 60?70?80?81? Heck no, you did it, but why should you be given something special for it when they never said you would?

They are making the part of the game you you love (you must love it to put yourself through it so many times) and yet here you are ocmplaining about it.

I have a solution, you can keep your level, but you will not be on the leaderboard and cannot enter Fotm until you go to the npc and have them reset your Fotm level to 30. Is that a better solution? You get to keep your effectively meaningless high number but you can never play that content again?

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

So I personally would also like to know if come Tues you’re going to refund all the ecto’s and mats that I spent maxing out my Fractal Capacitor once it’s relegated back to only having a default +5 slot

Nephitis.8201

probably because odd number fractals were useless, and essentially ended up as just a time sink. So they removed them.

I see, that actually makes sense since the new cap is 50. But if they want to implement this, wouldn’t it be more rational to cut everyone’s personal level by half?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

What items would you lose if your WvW rank was reset and your PvP rank was dropped back down to 0? After all, they’re not removing the items that you have and you had fun raising your rank in the first place, so oyu don’t mind leveling bakc up again, right?

I have a solution, you can keep your level, but you will not be on the leaderboard and cannot enter Fotm until you go to the npc and have them reset your Fotm level to 30. Is that a better solution? You get to keep your effectively meaningless high number but you can never play that content again?

how about doing the same with all of the content then? You can’t enter WvW unless you get your rank reset back to 0. You can’t enter PvP unless you resent your rank back to 0. Oh and you can not do the living story unless you agree to re-level from 1 to 80 again. Sounds fair? After all you can keep your meaningless level 80, but oyu can never wanter out of LA again.
The level reset is simply not needed.

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I don’t see why anyone who really loves the challenge of fractals would be upset by this. You reached level 60? 70? 80? 81? That is an awesome achievement but they never said you would have anything to show for it, and no mater what they do they cannot take away the fact that you have completed something only a tiny portion of players have ever completed. So they reverted your level back, does that mean you never got to level 60?70?80?81? Heck no, you did it, but why should you be given something special for it when they never said you would?

They are making the part of the game you you love (you must love it to put yourself through it so many times) and yet here you are ocmplaining about it.

I don’t want somthing Special they should just not TAKE IT AWAY. you don’t get it currently a Company is telling me that they take somthing from me away it doesn’t matter what it is if a legendary pvp rank 40 or wvw rank 300 all of the metioned things take time pvp rank 40 is only a number so they can delete it … the direction is wrong to take somthing away from a Player that got it legit… if any devs tell me why I didn’t get it legit I’m glad to hear it and have all my rez orb gems back.

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: Blade Kuroda.1795

Blade Kuroda.1795

From what a dev is posting in the Fractured subforum, it sounds like you use 250 to get a special additional infusion slot that will now be able to hold more than +5 AR. Those who already have an infused item will start off with +5 (so no changes). Newly infused items just get an empty slot.

phys.7689

What items would you lose if your WvW rank was reset and your PvP rank was dropped back down to 0? After all, they’re not removing the items that you have and you had fun raising your rank in the first place, so oyu don’t mind leveling bakc up again, right?

how about doing the same with all of the content then? You can’t enter WvW unless you get your rank reset back to 0. You can’t enter PvP unless you resent your rank back to 0. Oh and you can not do the living story unless you agree to re-level from 1 to 80 again. Sounds fair? After all you can keep your meaningless level 80, but oyu can never wanter out of LA again.
The level reset is simply not needed.

the level reset is essentially because they are altering fractals, 30+ is going to probably play a bit differently now, so giving people credit for a different thing is kind of backward. I dont think they did much design wise from 30-50 except jacking up the dmg.

I think they could have handled this a little differently, though it would have been a little unwieldly, but the result would still likely be the same.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I think what people are missing is the old level >30 fractals are GONE. From this point on much more challenging versions have replaced them and your older progress tracker doesn’t apply. beating the old 42 will be a cakewalk compared to the new 42.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Seriously disappointed. All I’m gonna say cause they’re not gonna listen anyway.

Zelendel

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I would like to get some specifics on these upcoming changes.

What happens to our existing infusions ? If they simply disappear do we get our fractal relics back ? What about the T6 mats used to make them ?

What happens to infused ascended items ? Specifically, the ascended book backpieces , those take TONS of T6 mats to get them to ascended infused state, as above do we get all that stuff back ?

If we get our mats and relics back, then its not an issue, if we do not, then its a huge issue.

I sort of understand the fractal difficulty reset, because the new 0-30 can be equal to difficulty to the old 0-50 for example, so it scales different. But the materials and time spent to get current 55 AR is what concerns most of us I think. I even have an ascended underwater weapon with double infusion for this purpose. So what happens to all that stuff ?

More info please.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I would like to get some specifics on these upcoming changes.

What happens to our existing infusions ? If they simply disappear do we get our fractal relics back ? What about the T6 mats used to make them ?

What happens to infused ascended items ? Specifically, the ascended book backpieces , those take TONS of T6 mats to get them to ascended infused state, as above do we get all that stuff back ?

If we get our mats and relics back, then its not an issue, if we do not, then its a huge issue.

The Fractured sub forum has some of the answers you seek.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured

The Dev Tracker is also a good place to look.

This thread is probably going to be unnecessary shortly, as the new threads in the new forum are more “relevant”.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

That’s correct. They’re not punishing the casuals, they’re punishing hardcore players.

I’m gonna hate seeing all those LS carebear casuals that never bothered to delve into FOTM, walking around with fractal weapons from FOTM 10+, not even 1/10 of the work we had to go through to get them.

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

People that pushed to 50+ back before the piggy back system deserve to be compensated for that. I mean, there was no initial cap on it. There was some achievement and some brag rights to be had to turn around and open FoTM 50+ back when 40 was a staggering achievement for people.

The fact that the communities in GW1 preserved the ALL TIME records of people doing stuff : still located here : http://gwscr.com/forum/index.php means that we want to show off that we do X Y Z no matter with exploits or glitches or loop holes or bugs. The fact is, we did it with X tactic. And we got to this level. /Brag.
Now everyone that spent RL money (Res orbs/Repair canisters) to push those super high 80s are now being told they’re getting reset? What a joke.

I personally quit GW2 because 50 FoTM was the cap. It now is a solid cap as far as I can work out from this poorly communicated up coming patch. FoTM Leaderboards? Lol? Really? Everyone wanted that!!

The fact you forced us to do things other than FoTM to progress there (ascended earrings/necklaces) meant that any Joe can get 55 AR if they craft, do some dailies and guild missions and have no clue at all what FoTM is really like past level 26. Why? Like, really. Why?

Fractals 48-50 way back when was for a small community (pushing to the realms of 50 and beyond was like, an epic quest filled with misery and heart break but worth it for the satisfaction) and now everyone is going to push to these levels that we had to find the ways to do when it was actually a challenge with 25 AR :/…

I mean, if you’re going to change FoTM. Make it 50+ Open those levels up and let us actually push towards 80. Not just reset people already there :/.

As for people saying it’s a meaninglessly high number that doesn’t affect anything.. Okay, you start leveling a new character, and get it to level 80. GW2 turns around and says “hm, we’ve had a change of heart, we’re going to reduce the level cap to 50 and set everyone to 50 just because we feel it’s better this way”

Suddenly all that time you’ve spent to level, Or gold to spent to craft level, or whatever it was, you’ve now lost it. Because GW2 decided to take it away.
They let us progress to 80, they could have simply put 50 as the number cap when opening the instance. They did not. 80 was the cap. Simple as that. Not getting rewards from it? Lol really? Peoples hard work and time all deleted? So dumb.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

(edited by Arietta The Broken.1875)

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

most casuals will give up fairly quickly. RNG will take care of most of it.

edit: “any Joe can get 55 AR if they craft, do some dailies and guild missions and have no clue at all what FoTM is really like past level 26.”

Partially true. Getting 55AR still takes some considerable time and gold.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

People that pushed to 50+ back before the piggy back system deserve to be compensated for that. I mean, there was no initial cap on it. There was some achievement and some brag rights to be had to turn around and open FoTM 50+ back when 40 was a staggering achievement for people.

The fact that the communities in GW1 preserved the ALL TIME records of people doing stuff : still located here : http://gwscr.com/forum/index.php means that we want to show off that we do X Y Z no matter with exploits or glitches or loop holes or bugs. The fact is, we did it with X tactic. And we got to this level. /Brag.
Now everyone that spent RL money (Res orbs/Repair canisters) to push those super high 80s are now being told they’re getting reset? What a joke.

I personally quit GW2 because 50 FoTM was the cap. It now is a solid cap as far as I can work out from this poorly communicated up coming patch. FoTM Leaderboards? Lol? Really? Everyone wanted that!!

The fact you forced us to do things other than FoTM to progress there (ascended earrings/necklaces) meant that any Joe can get 55 AR if they craft, do some dailies and guild missions and have no clue at all what FoTM is really like past level 26. Why? Like, really. Why?

Fractals 48-50 way back when was for a small community (pushing to the realms of 50 and beyond was like, an epic quest filled with misery and heart break but worth it for the satisfaction) and now everyone is going to push to these levels that we had to find the ways to do when it was actually a challenge with 25 AR :/…

I mean, if you’re going to change FoTM. Make it 50+ Open those levels up and let us actually push towards 80. Not just reset people already there :/.

Well you already quit so why do you care?

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

a net do not take my fractal level !
i work very hard for that and many ppl work very hard for their lvl 80+ i do not feel bad if they will be on top of the leader board they earn it! it is not fair ? what is not fair ppl spend time in the game and others do not ?

all you have to do to make ppl do fractals is rise reward level on 40+ then double it on 50 and so on it take weeks to rise level it is slow proses, ppl spend time in this ! when you reset the level is like lowering player level from 80 to 60 (permanently)

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Let’s just reset the whole game while we at it. That gives a balance on every aspect since nothing remains

Haha, precisely that!:P

+ 1 please anet I lost my Progress everyone should loose theirs! Just for sake of Fairness and Casuality I suggest a yearly reset:)

I vote for reset everything to zero. Everything in game. And see how others will defend the leveling playing ground due to new contents introduced.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Tbh it’s a double feeling. Fracs atm are to few played, to be fun. This could be incentive for players to do it again (and the few ones having 50+ that either quit or only do 50+ now, to redo the first one (and thus give other players opportunity to join them).

On the other hand, if I ever had focused my kitten off to get 40+ fracs, i would find that a personal victory. I’m pretty certain there will be tons of gold wasted (repair cost), to get there, low levels can be a pain at times already (without proper party, or proper know-how). It would feel like a slap in the face too. So i feel like somehow these players at least should get compensated (i’m not 30+, i’m only 16). But one of the reasons i’m stuck there is because i hated fracs at first (when it was ultra popular and easy to get 30+), and because i still haven’t invested in legendary, acended accesoiries (to get extra agony resistance.

Also leaderbords in fracs, why do this even? It will bring the worst above in the better of the playerbase and that’s the last we need. This is a group focused dungeon. If you can’t play together you’ll fail hard or will have to try several times and hope to get lucky to success. By making a competitive ladder part of the dungeon, people will become more selfish, exclude more players because of it and will leave the casual (but definitely fractals worthy) players left in the cold.

so it’s a 50/50 for me. But then i’m not in the 30+ if i would be there it would definitely be negative. So my condolance to those players if it actually happens.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

phys.7689

I think what people are missing is the old level >30 fractals are GONE. From this point on much more challenging versions have replaced them and your older progress tracker doesn’t apply. beating the old 42 will be a cakewalk compared to the new 42.

looks like it will actually be easier from what was said in the fractured forum

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

At NO point in a MMO people ever should lose their progress on anything except they used exploits to get there.

To be fair, if they rolled back the lvl of those who exploited I’m sure most people would get hit, specially those at lvl 50+.

Bläck Dähliä

Patrikan Habaton.2548

At NO point in a MMO people ever should lose their progress on anything except they used exploits to get there.

To be fair, if they rolled back the lvl of those who exploited I’m sure most people would get hit, specially those at lvl 50+.

Nope I used rez orbs legit game mechanic to get to lvl 81 it was never ever stated it is an exploit

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

I quit and have returned to the game. This comment just makes me sick really. “Oh someone has an opinion about a game they obviously cared about and put in some serious hours to get to the high levels of FoTM” but they quit. Comment void.

I’m not allowed to care about a game I paid for now because I’m not playing it as much or haven’t been for a long time?

Why on earth am I still on this forum if not because I care.
People like you are far too negative and should provide something constructive rather than bumping your own post count.

Fact of the matter is, I can still log in to a 48 FoTM and perform to the highest level of when I was playing back at the start. The problem is now, we’re going to be playing with any old random on any char that’s maybe not done 30 foTM on it before and just expect to be carried by a group of players because he got to 30 on a different char. Was the same issue with the piggy back service they implemented which I was hugely against.

This update to me, is just going to push the “hard core” fractal people away from it and just turn it into a joke of an instance.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: Wuro.4285

Wuro.4285

My Group is lvl 80 and we are proud of it. Now we will set to lvl 30 with all outher pll that are just 30+. All for nothing and my fractal weapons will drop for everyone up to lvl 10. its a shame. We hoped that they open 50+ and we can try to get fractal lvl 111.
Why all good players get punish. And u can do lvl 1 for 4 gold and good players do lvl 50 for 4 gold? What is that!? Punishing again

Nike.2631

looks like it will actually be easier from what was said in the fractured forum

The ‘mistlock instabilities’ don’t sound easier to me, and adding two new boss levels you could get instead of the extremely simple puzzle fight that is the Maw is going to be a bit more lively too in my estimation.

I could see leaving the current levels in place – but mostly because it’d be funny to stand by the portal and listen to the sizzle-scorch-gurgle-silences as groups wipe over and over jumping directly to their maximum level, refusing to pause and learn the new mechanics.

Yes, its a bit baby-buggy-bumper, but it’s probably for the best in ensuring the new material gets used instead of our most daring-of-old rage-quitting after a difficulty 48 Mai Trin hands them their rumps AGAIN and AGAIN on their first run into the new fractals…

Nike.2631

My Group is lvl 80 and we are proud of it. Now we will set to lvl 30 with all outher pll that are just 30+. All for nothing and my fractal weapons will drop for everyone up to lvl 10. its a shame. We hoped that they open 50+ and we can try to get fractal lvl 111.
Why all good players get punish. And u can do lvl 1 for 4 gold and good players do lvl 50 for 4 gold? What is that!? Punishing again

If you’re that good, you’ll be climbing the ladder anew with little difficulty, and this time the ladder will thin the riff-raff so your awesome can stand alone and rarely challenged.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I quit and have returned to the game. This comment just makes me sick really. “Oh someone has an opinion about a game they obviously cared about and put in some serious hours to get to the high levels of FoTM” but they quit. Comment void.

I’m not allowed to care about a game I paid for now because I’m not playing it as much or haven’t been for a long time?

Why on earth am I still on this forum if not because I care.
People like you are far too negative and should provide something constructive rather than bumping your own post count.

Fact of the matter is, I can still log in to a 48 FoTM and perform to the highest level of when I was playing back at the start. The problem is now, we’re going to be playing with any old random on any char that’s maybe not done 30 foTM on it before and just expect to be carried by a group of players because he got to 30 on a different char. Was the same issue with the piggy back service they implemented which I was hugely against.

This update to me, is just going to push the “hard core” fractal people away from it and just turn it into a joke of an instance.

If comments like that make you sick then perhaps forums aren’t where you should spend your time. In any case, most people who do the “I QUIT RABBLE RABBLE” thing just come to complain so I do apologize for lumping you in with that crowd.

At the same time I am really tired of people whining and complaining before things are implemented. These changes sound great and aside from the resetting people down to 30 (which makes sense but sort of erases the effort put in by a number of players).

Posted by: Zayeban.2806

Zayeban.2806

Because of the implementation of the FotM Leaderboards a reset is inevitable to even the playfield. I understand that. What i don’t understand is, why players don’t get a compensation for doing that? In some other big games you get a compensation if the developers take something away from the player in their game. Is it so hard to give players a minimal compensation (gold perhaps) for each level erased?

P.S.: I’m lvl 50 FotM if someone was wondering.

(edited by Zayeban.2806)

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

If those weapon skins are any easier then now to obtain, then i’ll be kittened for doing so many fotm48 38 after so many useless weapon skins and finally get the good one

just to get it’s value decrease

heck no..

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Let’s just reset the whole game while we at it. That gives a balance on every aspect since nothing remains

Haha, precisely that!:P

+ 1 please anet I lost my Progress everyone should loose theirs! Just for sake of Fairness and Casuality I suggest a yearly reset:)

Odly enough, that sounds like fun, imagine an mmo just resetting so you can do it all over again (the race to 80, lvling, the first takedown of bosses (especially tequatl as he is now with people not all being 80), if they open a reset server, i’d so be up for that :p

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.