Game Updates: Guild World Events, Megaservers, WvW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

1) Have you explicitly taken a poll of players and come to the conclusion that this is what they want? I would like to see your data on this.

2) No idea what you really mean here. Communities rally around the server flag. It is a natural fact that not everyone plays nice together. Servers allow people to self-segregate in a way that is meaningful and agreeable to most.

3)At this point, I wouldn’t put much faith into what anet states they wished they had done. They have already made a royal mess out of most things when it comes to servers and WvW. I’m really not one to complain, but when they make it extraordinarily difficult to run a guild, or a community of like-minded guilds in their game, then it is irritating to say the least.

4) That is great for them financially, but not so great for the long-run prospect of the game if they alienate their player base for the sake of being cost-effective.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Today I went to Blazeridge Steppes to defeat Shatterer. It had to be there by that time according to schedule, but for some reason I ended up in a map where it wasn’t.
I thought megaserver was supposed to eliminate all the downsides of overflow but this doesn’t seem much different at all.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

(edited by Hermes.7014)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Today I went to Blaxeridge Steppes to defeat Shatterer. It had to be there by that time according to schedule, but for some reason I ended up in a map where it wasn’t.
I thought megaserver was supposed to eliminate all the downsides of overflow but this doesn’t seem much different at all.

It happened there, but was already over, I have seen this talking to guildies who were doing Shatterer and found it doesn’t spawn at the same time across all instances of the Megaserver, so, IMO, no different than the overflow system, same demon just a different name given to it. For a TRUE MEGASERVER It would have to be one 1 server with one shard like that game I won’t name to keep this on-topic.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Posted by: Kestrelle.8165

Kestrelle.8165

For the guild bounty, one member of the guild, the server AND the party was in a different megaserver. There seemed to be no option to click name and choose to join another group in their version

Posted by: Byter.9051

Byter.9051

not sure if its a bug, its probably not but our member still had to guest over to our server to get commendations tonight at guild missions. when they guested they got thrown into different maps to everyone else and it took us forever to get them into the correct map.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I am going to add another point to my previous post…

4. Megaservers allow griefing at Fire Shaman: I am currently at a fire shaman event where a player is intentionally resetting the fire elemental phase. Every one is begging this player to stop and he will not. We are all shedding tears. Time is wasted. GG.

He may have had a client set to a different language and simply was unable to hear you at all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I keep wondering about all these people with guilds that are trying to do guild missions together with 150 players.

Was that possible before the megaservers?
Because I am rather sure the map limit is somewhere around that number, and in those cases it would require a completely empty map in order to fit everyone in.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

World bosses shouldn’t be killable with a small 5 man group. something that can step on you to kill you is really going to die from choping at its feet. Fire elemental especially which should be intangiable dying from sword swings is a joke. Fale mechanisms shouldn’t be timer base but trigger base/preventable. If you don’t do something uber attack happens or dps from boss becomes so high it wipes you when you enter or new stage of difficulty arises with time fighting the boss. I beleive that events shouldn’t scale based on numbers but that there should be rankings of world bosses with set difficulties and rewards that reflect the effort necessary for completion.

Incorporate randomization of boss that spawns/same boss to incorporates different attack mechanics to keep people thinking on there feet.

Indeed, world bosses should be zergable. It’s much more enjoyable to defeat a boss which you cannot even see with 100 people than to actually react to what it does with 5 people.

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

wow some guilds follow blindly.. such EGos and they just follow leaders commands blindly. You need to adapt and deal with it!!!

I heard you (a guild full of ego) finished guild bounty in 7 minutes tonight…tier 3…so it couldn’t be that hard to figure out the rest!

maybe if you don’t just repeat anothers feelings then you could figure things out on your own.

Yes, we finished guild bounty in seven minutes.

It also took 30 minutes of preparation to do that, including having 5 players at each bounty ready to pull people into the correct megaserver instance should their bounty be one of the ones chosen.

That means I had to have the cooperation of ninety people to make it work. Thankfully it did! But it was very stressful and a definite down-grade compared to pre-feature. And many of my guildies still did not get their commendations and we had to run a make-up bounty afterward.

I recognize writing this post will change nothing with regard to your trolling habits, but I did want to explain to the thread at large that the amount of work it takes to get a tier 3 bounty done in in the same time span as it did pre-feature is much less convenient.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I keep wondering about all these people with guilds that are trying to do guild missions together with 150 players.

Because I am rather sure the map limit is somewhere around that number, and in those cases it would require a completely empty map in order to fit everyone in.

At least it is far easier to get 100+ people on a map with 10 people than on a megaserver map with 100 people already in it.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

At least it is far easier to get 100+ people on a map with 10 people than on a megaserver map with 100 people already in it.

Of course.
But was it actually possible before the Megaserver to get all those 150+ people on the same map?
Because if it wasn’t those comments are quite pointless, since nothing haven’t really changed.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

Of course.
But was it actually possible before the Megaserver to get all those 150+ people on the same map?
Because if it wasn’t those comments are quite pointless, since nothing haven’t really changed.

It was much easier pre-megaserver because forcing a brand new overflow is very simple. But with the new system, trying to force a brand new overflow isn’t easy. We had to settle for waiting for another guild to clear out of the half full one in most cases.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Spiral.3724

Spiral.3724

It’s okay to admit you kittened up, ANet. You can roll back the megaserver system and we will forgive you.
As a partial measure, you can at least get rid of it in the cities.
hugs

Spiral Madheart – Level 80 Mesmer
The Wrong Crowd [bAd] Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Catastrophin.3928

Catastrophin.3928

Thanks to the new Megaservers every Guild Mission one tries to start is already runnig. Of course it is possible to sometimes do it with the other guild, but then again no guild merits your guild. For maxed guildes this is not so much a problem but still annoying.
Other times the Mission timer is at 10 minutes so you probably can’t do it in the time and just have to wait.
And of course the system where you’re supposed to land on the same map as your guildies does not work at all….

My personal not to good opinion about Megaservers aside there needs to be a fix to this.

maddoctor.2738

I’ll say it again, the best solution for the megaserver failure:

Private Overflows

A guild officer/leader can create a new instance of the map for their guild when they activate a boss like Teq/Wurm or a Guild Mission, fill up the map with their members, then open up the map to the public (I doubt many guilds can field 150 players) so the rest of the slots can get filled by randoms.

That way, you keep the open world, “open” for everyone, but allow guilds with loads of people to get all their members to participate in their own guild activities.

Although now the Megaserver failure isn’t so evident, once Living Story begins and simple zones begin to get filled by LS players, guild missions will be even harder to do. Anyone remember doing Bookworm during the Mari LS? A total nightmare, and that’s exactly what’s coming for us when the next LS begins.

Anet has to decide, are they going to keep the game only for pugs and randoms, or finally they are going to add some actual guild functionality in the game.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Bounty hunt. 150 people. 6 targets. 25 people per map. Does that sound better?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Beer Meister.5938

Beer Meister.5938

I like everything about the patch except the megaserver. It make doing guild events/missions/activities together ridiculously difficult and almost not worth trying to participate for a lot of guilies. While I appreciate all the Devs hard work and efforts, I really hope they rescind the megaserver soonest.

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Hi!

Currently, the major concern and complaint about the megaserver is that it mix different languages on a same map without regards for languages people understand.

The most satisfying solution for everyone is a new option in the game menu with checkboxes for which languages people understand and agree to meet. By default and if no language is selected, the home server language is used as agreed and understood language. The language selection setting menu is optional.

On the megaserver side, each map instance have a defined language. People couldn’t land on a instanced map with a language they don’t selected.

Posted by: Vibelios.9716

Vibelios.9716

Here is my feedback on the issues I encountered with the megaserver as far as I experienced it, last days.
At first, you are not grouped with your guild. The biggest issue I think, because of guild events.
Example: Today we were doing guild mission and it was a pain to get everybody in the same ‘overflow’. We even got the map to the max of players and we had to wait to gather everyone.
As we encountered today with our guild mission, there are more random on maps thus making guild gathering on one map harder. When Arena Net will bring that to the mega boss maps, it’s going to mess up mega event communities gathering even more.

This brings me to the point of the word event timer. This has been bought up when they couldn’t train anymore on test runs. Because of the new spawn rotate, they have fewer spawn opportunities. The new Guild Word event item is too expensive and can’t be afforded.

Moreover, this new system brought me in maps with people that are not speaking in English. The new option validated by default that hides chat of other language is not a solution. It just hides the problem. I just want to be on a server where people know they have to speak in English nothing else. That’s what I had before and that’s not what I have now.

The megaserver is serving his purpose: putting lot of people on the same maps but destroys everything else. It should have been done differently. I don’t dream, there will never be a roll-back of this ‘feature’. I hope there will be a different solution brought up for the mega boss maps.

Gandaran from D1 and proud to be one

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

It seems to me that the megaserver system itself is a good change, but the initial implementation has problems that need fixing. I get the impression that the megaserver is putting too much priority on fully populating existing instances at the expense of having room to keep guilds together and having lowly populated maps for people who don’t want a crowd.

So far, the best idea I have is a simple Megaserver Priority flag that can be set to Low, Medium, High, or Guild. When you enter a new zone the server could consider your preference in determining what instance of the map to place you in. High people are crammed into maps that are already well filled. Low people are used to create any new map instances and provide the initial population for those maps since they prefer being more alone. Medium people fill in wherever they are needed. The guild flag would have to consider the total number of guild member online at that time and try to ensure that the map the player is assigned to is likely to accommodate that large an influx of new players. Perhaps Guild may need to incorporate a mechanism like that used to allow overflow players to return to the main map…. “There are currently 50 guild members in various instances of this map. Would you like to move to a new instance of this map?”

Perhaps not the best possible solution, but I’m curious what other solutions people have imagined to try to keep megaservers but make them more friendly to solitary players and guilds.

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

I don’t like constantly being on a busy map. For event dailies this is especially annoying, as I check all my usual spots and all the events are completed. Fighting people for mobs/events everywhere is not fun for me and having an even larger than normal zerg at Karka queen is similarly unenjoyable. I park my alts in low pop cities to avoid load times, now Black Citadel is LA all over again.

Having empty maps once and a while is OK, even nice. Maybe people should have a pane in the options menu for megaserver so it can sort us according to our preference rather than the game deciding whether guild is more important to us than server or friends, etc., etc.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Today I went to Blaxeridge Steppes to defeat Shatterer. It had to be there by that time according to schedule, but for some reason I ended up in a map where it wasn’t.

It happened there, but was already over, I have seen this talking to guildies who were doing Shatterer and found it doesn’t spawn at the same time across all instances of the Megaserver, so, IMO, no different than the overflow system, same demon just a different name given to it. For a TRUE MEGASERVER It would have to be one 1 server with one shard like that game I won’t name to keep this on-topic.

It works simular to the way the Skarlet events and Taco works. There is a 15 minute window to where new shards can spawn the event. You likely made it after that time or landed on a shard to where he was already dead.

Private Overflows

A guild officer/leader can create a new instance of the map for their guild when they activate a boss like Teq/Wurm or a Guild Mission, fill up the map with their members, then open up the map to the public (I doubt many guilds can field 150 players) so the rest of the slots can get filled by randoms.

That way, you keep the open world, “open” for everyone, but allow guilds with loads of people to get all their members to participate in their own guild activities.

Although now the Megaserver failure isn’t so evident, once Living Story begins and simple zones begin to get filled by LS players, guild missions will be even harder to do. Anyone remember doing Bookworm during the Mari LS? A total nightmare, and that’s exactly what’s coming for us when the next LS begins.

Anet has to decide, are they going to keep the game only for pugs and randoms, or finally they are going to add some actual guild functionality in the game.

The idea was for them to go during low populated times. Get all their players that they want into the instance then trigger the event. That is why they are not allowed to trigger the event within a 3 hour window of the scheduled time.

I think there are better solutions that include more of the community then private overflows like the system recognizing that the players are doing a guild mission and put them on low populated shard.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

DavidH.7380

Private Overflows

The idea was for them to go during low populated times. Get all their players that they want into the instance then trigger the event. That is why they are not allowed to trigger the event within a 3 hour window of the scheduled time.

I think there are better solutions that include more of the community then private overflows like the system recognizing that the players are doing a guild mission and put them on low populated shard.

Does anyone else think the chances of Anet considering Private Overflows is extremely low due to the high potential for guilds to figure out ways to game the functionality into allowing them to keep large amounts of activity effectively private and isolated from the rest of the playerbase? Making sure people don’t have a private playground seems to be central design consideration for Anet.

(edited by DavidH.7380)

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

Having spent most of my time on a low population server, I love love love the new megaserver! For once, events are actually getting completed and there are /people/ around. The Grove actually feels like a city now! I’m also not a very active part of a huge guild, so I haven’t felt the pain of not ending up with guildies. Being able to see how many maps are open and maybe what percent full they are if we want to change maps would be a nice way to address that. That way they don’t have to reveal exact numbers, but we can still gauge where we want to go if we want less populated maps, or we can target them for guild missions.

The only downside I’m really feeling is the spawn times for Teq, KQ and Wurm. Having them five or six times a day would be so much better.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

I like the concept of the megaserver system. But there are definitely some issues that need to be ironed out with it. This is a long thread and I haven’t read every post so please forgive me if this has been brought up and/or addressed already.

My guild was doing guild missions last night and people kept getting thrown in map instances without guildies. I thought the system was supposed to take people’s guild into account when determining which instance to put them in? If there are 30-40 people from the same guild in an instance, and I’m representing said guild at the time, shouldn’t that instance become one of the top possible instances to put me in?

To get around this we had to group up and ferry people to the right instances. While this is an ok workaround, it’s an extra and (in my opinion) completely unnecessary step that shouldn’t have to be taken. We never used to have to do this sort of thing when going to a particular map. It also creates a lot of unnecessary confusion.

maddoctor.2738

Private Overflows

How can a guild go and do a guild mission during low population times? It might work with Teq/Wurm but still it won’t solve the issue at all. The Megaserver makes any guild activities a total pain to organise, anything that requires more than 10 people takes too much time/effort to organise, or is impossible.

Making the Megaserver “understand” that a guild is doing missions and puts them on a “low populated” instance is a bad way of dealing with the problem for various reasons:

1) Right now, there is small possibility if you switch guilds and exit parties to change your instance, then port your guild to you, your idea will remove this opportunity to “fix” Anet’s terrible system. It’s a little fail safe that can be used to allow guild members to be on the same freaking instance

2) What happens if there are NO instances with enough open slots? For example, take a low populated zone like Brisban Wildlands, all the few people from all servers join one instance leaving no room for a Guild to do their missions. The same problems remain.

A Private overflow will have a similar end result, allowing “randoms” to join with the guilds starting the instance, without any of the above issues. It will allow Guilds to play together without having to go through all the invite/join trouble we have now, which doesn’t make any sense at all.

Does anyone else think the chances of Anet considering Private Overflows is extremely low due to the high potential for guilds to figure out ways to game the functionality into allowing them to keep large amounts of activity effectively private and isolated from the rest of the playerbase? Making sure people don’t have a private playground seems to be central design consideration for Anet.

That’s the major design flaw of Anet that created all the zerging mentality and spam1 content. Their fixation on catering to randoms (even guildless) so they get their chance at every event in the game, that needs to change someday.

It won’t keep activity private and isolated if the instance is still “open” afterwards, it will only allow guild members to play together, something this game fails miserably at. And if a guild can field 150 everyday without issues, why shouldn’t they be allowed to do Teq/Wurm/Whatever all by themselves anyway

Posted by: Sophie Gifu.9762

Sophie Gifu.9762

Doing guild missions this week is proving impossible. Either because the guild is split in 2 (or more) parts in different maps or because there is already other guilds doing the guild missions on the maps we get into.

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

Guild Missions this week are impossible.

YAY MEGASERVER SYSTEM…

…not.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

maddoctor.2738

Doing guild missions this week is proving impossible. Either because the guild is split in 2 (or more) parts in different maps or because there is already other guilds doing the guild missions on the maps we get into.

There is an even worse scenario: The Guild Challenge in Blazeridge is impossible to do if ONE member of a guild activates it then leaves. Can’t progress anymore, you can only wait for the timer to expire and do it with your guild.

The Megafail system created a whole new type of troll

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Simply put, how are guilds meant to run large guild missions without having to use parties over and over to warp people into the correct map as we do guild bounties?

Mega servers has literally screwed up how missions can be done, we move to fight a target we have found then end up spending way to much time inviting players to parties so they can move to the correct “overflow”. we have to do this 6 more times to get our bounty. Since the overflows are not named its impossible for them to move to the right one unless they get in the party of the guys who are on the right map, resulting in spamming in chat as players join the right group move maps then leave the group.

At this point I think they need to bring back a home server and stop wasting our time with this forced mega server rubbish, if we can not on purpose choose to go for a mega server or home server map it makes it impossible to run any coordinated event like this. 20 guys warping to a map and ending up on 4 different maps is not a valid feature.

I understand why mega servers are useful but they exist so that low population servers can share population with higher population, it then makes actual coordinated events with people who are on 1 server much harder.

I need a solution for this, we just spent most of the bounty trying to coordinate 3 groups getting on the right maps in time to kill the bosses. imagine 60 players spread out over a load of different maps confused and getting mixed up with whose on the right server and getting the right players onto that map.

Some sort of move to the same map as this player from the guild menu or allowing players to choose the overflow they move to like on guildwars 1 is really needed but for the next 6months until anet fix this i need a solution for my guilds events.

Anyone got a better idea? tonight was just chaos…

DavidH.7380

A Private overflow will have a similar end result, allowing “randoms” to join with the guilds starting the instance, without any of the above issues. It will allow Guilds to play together without having to go through all the invite/join trouble we have now, which doesn’t make any sense at all.

That’s the major design flaw of Anet that created all the zerging mentality and spam1 content. Their fixation on catering to randoms (even guildless) so they get their chance at every event in the game, that needs to change someday.

It won’t keep activity private and isolated if the instance is still “open” afterwards, it will only allow guild members to play together, something this game fails miserably at. And if a guild can field 150 everyday without issues, why shouldn’t they be allowed to do Teq/Wurm/Whatever all by themselves anyway

Well, that is why I phrased the question the way I did. As we all know, people don’t typically use functionality exactly the way the designers expect them to. I think the fear would be that a feature expected to work the way you describe could be manipulated or used in such a fashion that it effectively doesn’t “open” the map to other players until after the guild finishes doing whatever event they were after or and they move on, or at least until it is too late for others to get in on whatever the guild is starting in the map. That effectively would prevent “randoms” from crashing the guild parties which seems to be something Anet is unwilling to allow.

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

Megaservers are great on paper but are a mess in reality.
What is good
While exploring and leveling, it’s incredibly nice to see all those random people running around, helping and co-operating.
What HAS to be changed/added, which things should be addressed
Guilds are suffering because of this. Our guild recently couldn’t organize well for the missions and we had to re-complete them for quite a few times to get them done for majority of our playerbase. Also, Guild Challenge couldn’t be even started properly, as everyone was in different servers, making taxi the only way to organize somehow. (EDIT: Was writing this post while we were doing Guild Challenge. Halfway through the mission it was completed somehow then no one got the reward. Fix it asap.)
Suggestion
Add manual selection of servers to go into and an ability to create instances for guilds.

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Anet wont take the megaservers back. So their answer for this problem probably will be:
“Deal with it”

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Of course they wont remove them but they need to fix how easy it is to get with the right group, same issue with the TKS like guilds, 150 people to the same map? crazy

Posted by: Rairanthe.3496

Rairanthe.3496

Any news or solution for guild missions with the new system because I am an officer of Requiem Of The Dead [REQ] a guild in Gandara with 500 member cap and we have 80-90 active people on guild mission but with new system it turn to a mess with everyone going to a different server so it makes it very hard for big guilds to do it.It taken 2h longer because we had to all find 1 server and gather on it etc.

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

GUILD MISSIONS & MEGASERVER ARE A FAILURE.

combo is killing it for most guilds. getting stuck on 3 maps. not getting the commendations. because other guilds killed or your just on the wrong map.
or you got to wait 20min for a nother guild to finish it.

This is so perfect.

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Guild mission trouble,

like others indicated as well, the megaservers are a nightmare for cooridnated guild missions, no rewards, players over multiple maps, no guild merrits rewards (which we need again now after the upgrades)

Same holds true if you want to do anything with a large group in general, they get scattered over multiple copies of maps, making things like temple runs or world boss runs or any other large group event very hard to no fun at all

this needs a fix please

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

Posted by: Clloydio.3524

Clloydio.3524

I feel it’s important to emphasise the problems that the new system makes for guild missions that others have highlighted. Taxiing and competing for events starts made today’s missions most stressful for my guild.

The Problems

- Guild members must all be taxied into the same map.
- Any guild member can activate missions on any version of the map, potentially stopping the rest of the guild getting credit on a different instance of the map.
- Guild challenge only credits the activating guild, meaning guilds are having to compete to start it. I highlight this point with an example from today: it took me five relogs to find an Blazeridge Steppes that didn’t have Blightwater Shatterstrike already active.

Possible Solutions

- Improve the system that ensures guild members end up on the same map (perhaps easier said than done).
- Adjust “Mission Control” rank privileges so that only guild members of a rank with this ticked can activate bounties, rushes, challenges and puzzles. Even better would be if this rank were also required to accept credit for missions completed with other guilds (that way one lone individual can’t claim credit on a rush or tag a bounty and stop everyone else from doing it).
- Instance missions.
- Relax guild mission participation restrictions, eg allow people arriving late to a bounty to talk to the NPC for credit or allow multiple guilds to do the same challenge event.

I really hope some solutions are identified soon for these issues; we’ve already had guild members announce that they intend to not bother with missions for the foreseeable future as a result of the megaserver issues and it would be a great shame to see them peter out in my guild.

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Anet, you need to make sure guild missions are easier to do with megaservers. Check out the guild forum and see the issues people are having!

Maguuma Guardian

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

As many are saying, megaservers utterly wreck any kind of large scale guild events such as missions. Missions take about twice the time now, are almost always being run by other guilds and end up with the guild split across different maps. Its a total disaster. It may look great for the casual player or smaller guilds to run around and see lots of people. But it is effectively punishing everyone else.

Fixes? Revert to the old system, allow guilds to make a private instance of the map, allow guilds to summon all members to the gm/officers so we all get to the same map.

As it is all megaservers have done for me and my guild is make it harder to get together and have fun. Oh and harder to recruit as now everyone from different servers are all mixed together all over the place.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: RavenStorm.2193

RavenStorm.2193

Mega server system ok this I was unsure of as to the way it was explained however I really thought it was great to log in and bam real live people in areas that were seeming so dead can not wait til it goes world wide I could care less about PVP and WvW I do not like to do these and I am forced to because of exploration which I am still very unhappy about but great work here wish it had been from the start.

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Today we did bounty. We only had about 4 to 5 groups. So a max of 25 people who participated. We split 2 bosses over the groups, 3 to one boss, 2 to the other. When one boss died, we made those groups come over to the other boss, however, everyone there ended up in a different megaserver map. We were all repping the same guild, so i don’t really understand why it would go wrong?

Megaservers clearly proof to be not working correctly for guild missions.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

There are way too many guilds doing the same guild events.

Puzzle is a joke, don’t even have to do anything but run through it with my guild to get the cheese.

Bounties are even worst.

Worst part. Guild AND party doesn’t stay in the same server/instant/map. Have to taxi every one into same map.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Title pretty much says it all. This megaserver made guild missions a nightmare and unfun. We couldn’t get our guild into one map, and spent all of our time trying to taxi people into the same instance.

People hate this change, and it is ruining game experiences/communities, and you guys still don’t make a comment. Great PR this is….

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Hystery.8415

Hystery.8415

They are in vacation. You must understand, after all this hard work for a system that is working perfectly…

/cough.

Piken Square RPer ~ Growl Bladeskin (Charr, Zerk Warrior 80) |
Aelius Brightmane (Charr, Zerk Grenade Engineer, 80) |
Tilaw Stainsoul (Charr, Zerk Staff Elementalist, 80) | Evi Shadowstep (Charr, Zerk Ranger 80) |

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yeah, this is bad. When a guild kicks off a new mission, they should be able to choose whether to create a new instance. It is annoying.

Posted by: Lolalilu.8546

Lolalilu.8546

I don’t mind seeing more people on the maps, but for guild missions the megaserver is just terrible. My guild and our alliance have failed guild bounties all evening due to having to spend so much time trying to get our guild on the same map. It’s really discouraging.

[PSC] Recruiter Extraordinaire

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Title pretty much says it all. This megaserver made guild missions a nightmare and unfun. We couldn’t get our guild into one map, and spent all of our time trying to taxi people into the same instance.

People hate this change, and it is ruining game experiences/communities, and you guys still don’t make a comment. Great PR this is….

It is holidays right now, most of ANet staff are probably not at work.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yes. Guild events are really messed up. Allow guilds to create their own instances when activating a guild event or guild mission. The current implementation is really poor.

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

I do want to state that as of now only level 1-15 areas, the PVP lobby, and main cities are on the Mega Server. Most Guild Missions are in 15+ areas which are not. That means you’re getting the old system with overflows in these areas.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs