Game Updates: Guild World Events, Megaservers, WvW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Megaserver has made doing temples a pain.

Trying to find a server with temple available to do is impossible

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

I do want to state that as of now only level 1-15 areas, the PVP lobby, and main cities are on the Mega Server. Most Guild Missions are in 15+ areas which are not. That means you’re getting the old system with overflows in these areas.

you might want to check your info before posting.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Megaserver-Rollout-Update

Posted by: bersy.4501

bersy.4501

Yes, Megaservers have been a nightmare for guild missions. Servers PvE completely demolished with this attempt to make your game less dead for new players. if you are thinking about megaservers better start merging servers instead of making a huge mess for those still playing your game.

Posted by: Iluth.6875

Iluth.6875

Megaservers have killed the daily temple runs on our server. Our regular commander used to run a server wide event every day. But since megaservers there were too many people, so we would hit the map cap and everybody would have problems getting any loot even while grouped. The commander responded to this by either tagging down or running temples as a guild mission I’m unsure.

This has resulted in many people who are pugging for various reasons not being able to participate in temple runs at all.

(edited by Iluth.6875)

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Yes there are several things hitting guilds hard, the missions when the X mission is already on by other guild and the others can’t trigger as everybody joins the same mega servers.

And when we try to put our guild at the same place, the Mega Server promise is a lie on that aspect, the very same thing as overflow, it keeps breaking parties and guild mats apart onto several MegaServers. It’s worse than before because now all the maps do have populations on it, so we don’t risk put around 50-100 guild members on it and it gets full.

With the map limitations to be around 150 people, one large guild will face one nightmare to put everybody on the same place, as we just today tried.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: telliani.5902

telliani.5902

So, my guild is split between two megaservers for the Golem Mark 2 (one EU person, 5 NA people currently)

And my husband that’s currently in the same house as I am, on the same internet… is on the other megaserver…. I thought we’d be sorted into the same one?

The other husband/wife pair is split up as well, and they’re in the same house too.

Geigi (Queen of the Dredge) – Mesmer
[HOPE] – Hope Remains, Crystal Desert

Posted by: lexxguard.2690

lexxguard.2690

Its very hard for a large guild to find a place to do a Guild Mission where the map isn’t already doing it. Also if even one member in your guild does a guild rush from another guild it counts towards your guild completion and no one in your guild gets a weekly reward chest in the corner.

In general Mega Servers have made it so its very hard to get in a map with your guild for Meta Events, Guild Missions. Paradise is 99% comprised of people on the Ehmry Bay server yet we get put all over the place. When the game factors in what map you go to Guilds should have a very high priority percentage then what was shown in the blogs.

Posted by: junho.7825

junho.7825

The Megaserver System looks fine in paper, to help low populated areas and servers gain life. But…
In pratice it fails imo.

Guildwars 2 had a very Dynamic feel, with events leading up to each other, and this world boss sync just ruins that feel.

Aslo it destroys completelly our “sense of community”. It was nice to know 80% of the ppl in a map, see known faces and guilds. etc… now i feel a foreigner on every map i go wich is on megaserver.

i Did worldbosses form time to time cause it was easy to get to them, and fast fun/loot. Now is a headache.

Guildmissions are completelly RIDICULOUS to do. Half of guildies end up in diferent maps. takes 10 minutes just to change parties and taxi every1 to same server (IF the server don’t gets full bef we manage to do that). and after you are able to do that, you will just end up in a place with 10 other guilds lining up in queue trying to do missions as well. My guild waited for 35 minutes on guild jumping puzzle to be able to start it, is ridiculous and kills all the fun,

i undertsand you guys want to revamp low pop servers and for them this might “look” appealing, but isn’t there GUESTING in place for this exact reason – a low pop server can just guest another and have np.

In european servers is just ridiculous to get into a map and mapchat being in french, german, english, spanish, nordic languages, and every1 qqing they don’t understand each other, etc…

I am sorry Anet, but this world boss sync and megaservers only do ONE thing: BROKE WHAT AS WORKING JUST FINE..

Plzplzplz get rid of this idea…. give us our dynamic world back and no megaservers:D

On PvP it rly ain’t that bad as it eliminates the waiting for tPvP.

Gathering Orichalcum and ancient wood will be a disaster i guess and this will have a strong impact in the economy as this are items that have a very high demand always.

on a more happy note: Congrats to all the hard work and for an amazing feature pack. Apart form megaserver all the rest is awesome

/Cheers

He got my point, gathering orichalcum and ancient woods became broken since feature update.

Posted by: Kate Soulguard.7132

Kate Soulguard.7132

With apologies if this is an infraction, I am repeating this message from the RP thread because there is no indication that the RP thread is officially recognized.

Dear ArenaNet,

Thank you for making Guild Wars 2. It has been a source of enjoyment to many, many people.

I am deeply concerned with the diminished roleplay aspects that this update has brought to the game.

As suggested before, please give us a roleplay checkbox somewhere and consider it when balancing us.

It seems to fix so much:

• People who want to RP, and who want to see others doing so, get balanced to places where other people have opted for the same thing.
  • People who don’t roleplay, but who enjoy reading it, also tick the checkbox to be balanced accordingly.
  • People who hate it and don’t want to see it simply don’t opt in.
  • People who don’t care simply don’t opt in.

Roleplay is the only reason I picked Tarnished Coast when I first started playing. Before I ever bought the game, I did research to see where the roleplayers were. I saw that my best luck was on Tarnished Coast, so that’s where I signed up.

Me picking Tarnished Coast was me clicking the Roleplay checkbox.

Posted by: Fire Opal.8137

Fire Opal.8137

Our guild had same problems with Guild Missions and we had several people that did not received their commendations due to not realizing that we were all in different servers when the mission started even on vent. Along with we ran into many guilds doing same missions and some just racing through and door closing on our puzzle due to other guilds were just taking over our mission. We did try something different this evening and that was having each group join on my squad and seeing if that worked. Cant really say, or since was a holiday Not as many on and less overflows. I want to thank the guilds that place value and honoring another guild and asking if they can help/join/or just follow and help if it is needed. We been also finding this not just in guild missions but with other major events on map. Now I am wondering what will happen with the guild world events.

Couple other notes: I assigned officers and my self to start the missions. But any guildie can activate the event when then get there. Can this be fixed where only the people assigned to start it in first place to also be the one to be able to activate.

One last note: We have guildies that are color blind and cannot see certain colors in Guild wars. Can this be fixed for those some how?

Thank you

Posted by: Northwind.7621

Northwind.7621

Our guild had same problems with Guild Missions and we had several people that did not received their commendations due to not realizing that we were all in different servers when the mission started even on vent. Along with we ran into many guilds doing same missions and some just racing through and door closing on our puzzle due to other guilds were just taking over our mission. We did try something different this evening and that was having each group join on my squad and seeing if that worked. Cant really say, or since was a holiday Not as many on and less overflows. I want to thank the guilds that place value and honoring another guild and asking if they can help/join/or just follow and help if it is needed. We been also finding this not just in guild missions but with other major events on map. Now I am wondering what will happen with the guild world events.

Couple other notes: I assigned officers and my self to start the missions. But any guildie can activate the event when then get there. Can this be fixed where only the people assigned to start it in first place to also be the one to be able to activate.

One last note: We have guildies that are color blind and cannot see certain colors in Guild wars. Can this be fixed for those some how?

Thank you

Posted by: Northwind.7621

Northwind.7621

possably a soulution to this may be if guilds could have there own instanced maps that only members could access for guild missions. This would hopefully let smaller guilds run thrie missions without haveing them “highjacked” but much larger guilds. This would also help pervent maps from becomeing overfull and guilds getting split up for their missions.

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Guild did missions on saturday with I believe roughly over 50 people

Bounty – Guild does tier 2 bounty because we don’t really need the merits and to spread people out across the 3 targets so everyone gets credit. Didn’t run into a problem here other than several other guilds also looking for the same bounty at roughly the same time.

Challenge- Didn’t run into an issue with it yet.

Puzzle – Seeing how there is only 3 guild puzzles this is where we faced an issue. We got separated in 2 maps. It took us 5 minutes to taxi everyone to the same map. By the time we finished getting everyone there another guild just started their puzzle. Granted we went along with them even though we out numbered them and didn’t try to highjack their puzzle.

Rush – We didn’t have to bring others in from a different map but another fairly large guild (dyak) was doing it the same time we were. Not much of a problem considering it made getting most of everyone through rather easier for both guilds. But considering the map we did it on wasn’t a megaserver. I can see future problems with this.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: iziero.3924

iziero.3924

Hello,

My guild carried out guild missions yesterday. Although, we did manage to taxi everyone into the same map, some of my guildees did not receive the weekly reward, although they got credit (karma and gold) from the event. We tried repeating the missions several times. If a developer is able to help us pin point the problem, it would be great!

Thanks!

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

For the guild bounty, one member of the guild, the server AND the party was in a different megaserver. There seemed to be no option to click name and choose to join another group in their version

You would think people in the same party would automatically be put on the same megaserver instance. I’m beginning to suspect there is no special algorithm for placing people in server instances — that it’s just random.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

So, my guild is split between two megaservers for the Golem Mark 2 (one EU person, 5 NA people currently)

And my husband that’s currently in the same house as I am, on the same internet… is on the other megaserver…. I thought we’d be sorted into the same one?

The other husband/wife pair is split up as well, and they’re in the same house too.

Its not based on your ip at all,
(though the megaserver seems to be broken) Try to make sure you’re in the same guild/or have the same guilds listed, and have the same people on your friends list.
Also that you are on the same home server.

Posted by: GLaDOS.3705

GLaDOS.3705

I’d like to report that while we were doing our guild missions, Guild Rush especially, we received the same Rush as the other guild. Timer was around 6 minutes. Somebody from our guild finished this Rush within 6 minutes and clicked ACCEPT REWARD FOR GUILD that makes all the problems. Only Guild Leader and his/her assistants should be able to click this, not everyone.
Because of that, after another guild finished this Rush, I started ours… and it actually started, but disappeared from our Active Missions list and nobody got reward. Great.

Posted by: Elusive.9481

Elusive.9481

Many of the Megaserver’s problems seem to come from its lack of information. Why have the Megaserver system decide what map instance to zone into when you can simply have the player decide? Why aren’t they numbered? The overflow maps always had this problem. “Join … in overflow map”. Why didn’t it just give you a map number and specify if that map was full?

So, there are 24 NA servers. Now that they are merged into megaservers, what are the hidden results? Take Kessex Hills. There used to be 24. How many are there usually now? 1? 2? 7? Wouldn’t it be easier to prompt the player for which map?
Example:
Kessex Hills 1 – Full
Kessex Hills 2 – High
Kessex Hills 3 – High
Kessex Hills 4 – Med
Kessex Hills 5 – Low

Make an option in the F11 menu: Always prompt for zone server OR automatically place in appropriate zone.

Even if I can’t make the decision. It certainly simplifies things if I know which one I’m in. I’ve seen good results in some of the VERY less used maps. Maybe all 24 servers are being loaded into a single map, but you see other players now!

PROBLEM: One thing that’s become rather problematic: Set amount of events / more players = less active events. There are so many more players on many maps that you can’t get to an event – ANY event – before it’s completed. More players should make the events spawn more rapidly, especially since the Daily favors events so much now.

And…just a small note on the dailies. Remember how we had so many options before, and now everything PvE, WvW, and PvP are jammed into just 10? The daily activity was a good daily idea. That’s why I did it…daily. Now, what’s the point?

So, yeah, more events, and less secretive maps. And the contested waypoints – just have them move you on arrival if they need to like they always did.
Contesting waypoints basically just removed them from the game.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

My little anecdote against megaserver and languages, guild missions version.

We’re a rather young guild so we need the guild merits. We still have our older guild for the commendations.

1. Guild bounty tier 2: we miserably fail. Not everyone is on the same map.
2. Since a lot didn’t get the commendation, we do Guild Bounty tier 3 and choose among the list. Poobadoo is the easy kill, we take everyone to Kessex Hills and kill him easily. It takes 10 minutes to gather everyone and 2 to kill him.
3. We still want our merits, so we do Guild bounty tier 2. This time we pre-split the guild and it works okay.
4. Guild trek tier 3 is easy. Good.
We switch to our old guild.
5. Guild rush: we activate it, make sure everyone is in Dredgehaunt and we profit of some other guild doing it do make all our members go as well. Communication is okay. Oh yes, we didn’t activate ours so 3 hours after the guild missions it was still active.
6. Guild challenge: we get the crystal one in Blazeridge Steppe. Another guild is doing the event so we tag along to get time. But hey we’re polite and ask if we may. No answer. Either on /m or /s. No answer at all. Even though I have disabled my language preference in the chat. I whisper their commander, of course they had the game in Spanish and didn’t deactivate the option so they couldn’t read us. They allow us to tag along as long as we don’t take the charrzookas, ok. None of us takes it and the mission is a success. Except that none of us gets the commendations. We have to redo it. Other guilds are waiting in line. We allow them to tag along, but say that they cannot finish it with “our” instance. They’re sad because everyone is losing time.
7. Guild puzzle: 15 minutes left on the timer of the previous guild when we arrive. So we don’t waste our time and go in. Some of us stood were left behind and no mesmer left in the main group (we reviewed our policy in this matter since). So we redo it, Chance! it’s the same and no other guild comes after us.

Total: 3 hours.
Usually it takes us 1h30. And we don’t have to wait for other guilds to finish their event.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Daichi Yamakuro.3761

Daichi Yamakuro.3761

Dear Anet,

I do believe there are positive elements about this megaserver. For example, I can enjoy the higher number of players (I myself play in a medium-populated server). However, as guild leader, I must say that ‘gathering for the guild missions’ or for our weekly promotion ceremonies is much more of a hassle than it should be. If these megaservers are to be the new norm, please give us some sort of guild hall. We used to use the Wolf Cave, south of Hoelbrak, but with the megaservers, we get scattered across megaservers and it takes quite some time to organize our events. The guild hall doesn’t have to be extremely big or fancy, but at least some sort of instance that we can utilize as a guild.

Kind regards,

Daichi Yamakuro

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

Did want to do the Karka Queen for the trait, got on a “overflow-megaserver” (cz the original one was full I guess). There were only few player and most were afk, so possibility to spawn the Queen in time.
And after the old megaserver killed the Queen, no more players were put on the “overflow-megaserver”.

So in short: If you get on a “overflow-megaserver” for a Worldboss, just log out, you will not achieve anything.

What a great system.

Posted by: Darcy.1238

Darcy.1238

My guild did guild missions yesterday and the megaserver system made it take forever. We spent ages getting everyone into the same map to do each mission. I think the guild bounty mission will need to last longer or it will be impossible for larger guild groups to complete all of them.

Level 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Yeah, this is bad. When a guild kicks off a new mission, they should be able to choose whether to create a new instance. It is annoying.

Yes, as I’ve been saying since the first announcement of the Megaserver, Private overflows, is the simplest solution that solves every single problem the Megaserver caused. The sooner we get them, the sooner the Megaserver failure will be left behind and nobody would complain about it anymore.

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

Megaservers + guild bounty = MegaFrustration for large guild. Took us yesterday like 3 activations so all could get credit …

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

My experiences with megaservers:

1 zerg so big fps drops to 1-5
2 zerg so big can’t tag champs to get credit/drop
3 more challenging/annoying to keep guild together as we do guild missions or world events from map to map
4 there is no way to differentiate which mega you are or aren’t on

There’s more I’m sure but these come to mind at the moment.

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Loading to certain maps used to be bad. Now, with the Megaservers update it’s ridiculous…
Also, my guild held Guild Missions yesterday for the first time since update. It was a living hell. You could never get everyone on the same map. Every mission we activated, we had to taxi people over for 10-15 minutes. All while everyone was trying to figure out if they’re even on the right map. We used to take about an hour an a half to get all missions done. It takes waaay over two hours now.
Not only the guild recruitment is almost impossible, but guild missions are more of a chore than a community event… There need to be a fix of some kind for this. Maybe naming the megaservers with a number or something, so everyone knows where to go? Kind of like district system from Guild Wars 1. Anything….
In other words, Megaservers are slowly destroying Guilds. People from different servers that are invited do not get the bonuses that the guild provides, nor do they contribute to overall influence gain for the guild, because it stays on their server.
The tradeoff for megaservers is not worth all this trouble by a long run.

Posted by: Johnsen.6253

Johnsen.6253

A few people always try do the defend event at grenth and others who still need the trait or want to do the whole event spam the chat to stop defending. Whatever, some cant listen, since they only see their own language chat or they just want to kitten off the majority. Some people even trying to scale up the fight and get defenders killed.
That leads to frustration and grief.
I suggest you change the trait requirements to ALL defend events, Otherwise you will get more and more really angry people.

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

They are in vacation. You must understand, after all this hard work for a system that is working perfectly…

They are human beings, having a day off after weeks of hard work. This while your hobby has a small problem that doesn’t take away your ability to play the game.

/cough.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Megaservers + guild bounty = MegaFrustration for large guild. Took us yesterday like 3 activations so all could get credit …

That is a huge issue for any guild.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Did want to do the Karka Queen for the trait, got on a “overflow-megaserver” (cz the original one was full I guess). There were only few player and most were afk, so possibility to spawn the Queen in time.
And after the old megaserver killed the Queen, no more players were put on the “overflow-megaserver”.

So in short: If you get on a “overflow-megaserver” for a Worldboss, just log out, you will not achieve anything.

What a great system.

So “World Boss” with the megaserver overflow just became “World Loss”.

Superior fail.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Rangersix.1754

What a great system.

Thanks to megaservers you will now end up far less often into empty overflows, though it will still happen. Thanks to megaservers you will now more often get the right amount of people to at least do these events, at any given time.

So overall, a big improvement.

(edited by Rangersix.1754)

maddoctor.2738

What a great system.

Thanks to megaservers you will now end up far less often into empty overflows, though it will still happen. Thanks to megaservers you will now more often get the right amount of people to at least do events at any given time.

So overall, a big improvement.

IF there was an option to change your current instance when you wanted maybe. Now, for high populated servers it’s the same with or without the megaserver. We don’t want the same, we want improvement.

Rangersix.1754

IF there was an option to change your current instance when you wanted maybe. Now, for high populated servers it’s the same with or without the megaserver. We don’t want the same, we want improvement.

But you have improvements? Instead of getting into a half filled map or an empty map most of the time, now you get full maps so events and such are not only feasable, but also happening?

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

It goes without saying something is going to happen to adjust to the new server system. When they are holding traits hostage by focusing everyone who is a veteran to go kill one specific thing was not probably the greatest concept.

I have one possible answer to fix the abundance of people trying to do specific events only for the traits. Keep in mind this would not be a cure all but it would help get some of the people out of the area because most I believe are there just to get their traits.

Put the trait for free on the karma vendor associated with that temple. People would come get their trait and leave. We wouldn’t have all kinds of people standing around wasting their day waiting for the event to pop.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

maddoctor.2738

But you have improvements? Instead of getting into a half filled map or an empty map most of the time, now you get full maps so events and such are not only feasable, but also happening?

I wouldn’t call an improvement if I get in a different map than my team or my guild

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Megaservers are quite detrimental to the large guild communities. I am yet to get a karka queen kill after megaserver implementation. It’s all so confusing. Not only its zerg everywhere, but also it simply kills the feeling of belonging to a certain server. I know, it may not mean a darn thing to many but, for people who belong to large functional guilds the whole megaserver concept does not sit well.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: Deificus.5864

Deificus.5864

Instead of getting into a half filled map or an empty map most of the time, now you get full maps so events and such are not only feasable, but also happening?

Happened

This isn’t an issue for standard world events that are on the clock: If you’re in the region when the timer starts, you’ll probably get credit for it. Temple events, however, can be terrible. It’s easy to say that you’ll get into a zone where an event is happening, but what if the zone is starting to see people leave because the event is finished?

Megaserver sees a lower population map and it thinks to move you there because it still exists and could use people more than the medium-to-high population map that is in the middle of doing the event. Unless you have guild members you can join on in the map that is presently doing the event, this is going to be really irritating and will require you to simply sit on the map and wait a few hours.

I say this from experience because it happened to me twice in ten minutes trying to get to a temple event when a guild member alerted me that it was occurring (Lyssa and Melandru). The sudden onset of such occurrences was quite memorable, and for me it was demonstrative of how the Megaserver would work for world events without timers.

(edited by Deificus.5864)

Posted by: bersy.4501

bersy.4501

Megaserver have made alot of my guildmates lose interests in the game, world bosses are lagfest “if you’re not there early, you missed it” type of thing, Guild missions are a mess most of the time.

Posted by: Mr Finesse.9036

Mr Finesse.9036

I submitted a support ticket, but I was told by support to post this here instead. If any other players have experienced please chime in:

Hello!

A little background: I’m on Tarnished Coast and run a 30 person guild. We do Guild Missions with 15 people every Thursday night.

I thought that with the new megaserver technology we would have a huge issue with other guilds from other servers polishing off all the bounties before my small little guild to get to the bounty. I did not run into that last night, which was a pleasant surprise.

However what I did run into was a lack of guild member priority via the megaserver system. We were in maps such as Lornar’s Pass, Dredgehaunt Cliffs, etc. and had EXTREME issues with trying to get all oour members onto the same instance of the map. None of these maps appeared to be “full”, however we had to drop parties and re-add people and wait a solid 3-4min before we could start the bounty that we found because of having to make sure all of our members were on the same map. This is a HUGE inconvenience to guilds and guild missions. I have no clue how larger guilds can manage this, but we as a 15 person guild struggled with it.

Wayward Blade [WB]
http://www.waywardblade.com/
@}—,—’———

Posted by: MaterDolores.3261

MaterDolores.3261

So, here’s my 2 cents.

I play GW2 since its beginning. It used to be fun, until last week. I had really nothing to complain about. I am a casual player, (2-3hrs/day, not everyday, depending on RL schedules) so I enjoyed casually leveling characters and doing this and that, a bit of everything.

The gear update I found nice, the skill update was fine for me, but the synchronised bosses with the masses of people doing them is simply awful. I used to like doing bosses with a limited amount of people, they were still a challenge, and it felt like active play. Everyone had a role, each person did something different, and it was challenging and rewarding.We all needed to use our brains and different skills.

I’ve been trying to do the same the last 4 days and found out that that style of gameplay is dead. The “new” boss events are overcrowded, I lag all the time and I can barely see the boss in the mass of bodies around it. I can only hope i have enough DPS, because the bosses healthbar just melts away before i get from 1 to 5.

So before, we maybe had a problem with too few people at an event, now…I just hope I can target one mob and land a hit so the pre-event counts for me.

Can someone please tell me what the point is in having different races and professions and a wide array of skills, when a boss can be killed by a zerg armed with broken fangs?
What’s the point in investing time and effort (and gold) into getting all the flashy/shiny gear only to see that some bosses can be killed by enough people wielding garden hoes?

Many are the strange chances of the world
and help oft shall come from the hands of the weak
when the Wise falter.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I submitted a support ticket, but I was told by support to post this here instead. If any other players have experienced please chime in:

Hello!

A little background: I’m on Tarnished Coast and run a 30 person guild. We do Guild Missions with 15 people every Thursday night.

I thought that with the new megaserver technology we would have a huge issue with other guilds from other servers polishing off all the bounties before my small little guild to get to the bounty. I did not run into that last night, which was a pleasant surprise.

However what I did run into was a lack of guild member priority via the megaserver system. We were in maps such as Lornar’s Pass, Dredgehaunt Cliffs, etc. and had EXTREME issues with trying to get all oour members onto the same instance of the map. None of these maps appeared to be “full”, however we had to drop parties and re-add people and wait a solid 3-4min before we could start the bounty that we found because of having to make sure all of our members were on the same map. This is a HUGE inconvenience to guilds and guild missions. I have no clue how larger guilds can manage this, but we as a 15 person guild struggled with it.

Hmm maybe if everyone who has posted on this forum submits a support ticket…. Then we might get a response?

Seriously this is the worst PR I have ever seen from a company. You have very angry customers that have been demanding a response for a week now. you have ruined the in game communities, you have made the tower of Babel in the EU, you have made the game unplayable for people with minimum req computers, and the high end people are now playing on reduced settings, the environment of the game is getting increasingly toxic, prices on things are going up…. And all you do is push more maps (against what people want) and then maintain radio silence. How on earth do you plan on staying in business? I’ve already had friends leave this game because of this change (which made me very sad, and I blame you guys for it). Seriously, own up to the fact that this was a mistake and take it back. It obviously wasn’t ready, and you are going to lose more money over lost customers than you are going to save in server power. I used to respect Anet, but you guys are very rapidly changing my opinion of your company.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

(edited by eleshazar.6902)

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Sooo…

PRO:
- Anet saves on server costs. Where that saving goes we will never know probably.

CONTRA:
- No skillfull play challenge on world bosses. The only challange is getting there on schedule.
- Zergification of every map involved. Technical and mostly framerate issues for everyone. (What Anet saves on their servers, it seems that the users have to pay, by upgrading their systems)
- Server communities, guilds and even parties torn apart everywhere not WvWvW.
- Language sorting issues.
- Poor adaptation of the previously well working dynamic system to work with the new Megaservers.

DEBATABLE:
- Encourages the building of new communities. Or forces it. Constantly building “communities” that are doomed to break up at next mapping.
- Improves play experience for new players through leveling on previously “dead” maps. Or makes it boring with the lack of challenge.
- With more people, events succeed more often. We may see events we barely did before. We also see less of the possible consequences of failure. Event chains stagnate on the successful end.
- With being part of the zerg, you are part of the whole. Or you are an insignificant speck amongst the blob of nameplates, and nothing you do or dont do makes any difference.

Other:
- (Insert all the feedback collected so far that i didnt mention)

All in all, there are a lot of things that can and must be fixed (and i mean properly fixed, not swept under the rug like that client-language “fix”.) There are a lot of things that can be up to debate, who likes what. And there is only one clear benefit. Incidently, that only benefits the company directly, as far as i can tell.

Posted by: TeeRexx.6570

TeeRexx.6570

Hi, I am pretty new and this is my first post on the forums – but I feel like this needs to be said.

I recently picked this game up casually (I play other games more) but have been getting into it quite a lot. I have mainly been trying to enjoy my leveling experience and learn the classes & explore. I only have 3 level 25ish characters.

What I found originally was a small problem with being sometimes unable to always complete group events such as champion monsters due to my low skill level and lack of other players, but it didnt bother me too much as there was always more content and I could come back later if a friend was online. What the mega server changes have caused is me being unable to complete events due to not being able to even damage the monster before they get nuked by more experienced players. I literally have had events where despite being there from the beginning I have been unable to get more than bronze participation, and I’m talking about defence missions and escorting missions – not champions – due to being unable to get close to the mobs before they die. It feels like a competition as to who can kill the monsters first. This is not fun for me, and I will not continue playing if this is how the game is devaloping.

(edited by TeeRexx.6570)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’m trying to read up on this thread and others regarding the megaserver.

I’m against the megaserver. This to just say it.

I see a few pro’s but mostly cons…:
- Low level maps have more ppl in them to do events. This could be good or bad, IMHO it is BAD when ppl with lvl 80’s (me for example) join in low level events (I do so sometimes because I need to do events and am in dire need of time for other RL things in a day.) This means ppl will get help from me doing thier event. Unfortunately If I run a lvl 80 warrior (well I got 3) in a below level 10 event previously and in a below 30 event atm I do so much dmg I kill a foe in 1 skill action, maybe 2. I have all skills & traits unlocked, an effecient build and food. I normally give ppl time to tag and then one hit the spawns. but not seldom I’m so pressed for time and just rush the events. Ppl will not be able to do anything and I just do the events ASAP. They run out of options when I wipe all spawns I get my event after a bit more kills then solo. Megaservers make more ppl join in he map, the scaling has been changed and I now one-hit spawns with other (IMHO) not expected weapons as well. AND more lvl 80’s join for the same reason As I did. Megaservers add to this problem.

Events run bad when a lot of ppl join in, not only because of scaling but also because a few ppl lag. This will decrease performance. I run a high end system on cable connection, but not ewverybody doesn. ppl also use low end computers/lap[tops on wireless and busy networks. when a lot of ppl do so network lag destroys the gameplay. I see framerates go down from 120 to 12 fps. my pc isn’t working at peak no 100% cpu, no 100% GPU , just stupid network lag. A-net cannot help it, the 90% of ppl who do have their connections in order can’t help it and the other 10% often isn’t to blame but does cause this. Megaservers increase this problem.

The language barrier. Well It’s there. Why german,, french spanish & english/international had to be joined? I don’t know….. Hope you think it was smart. I got my own ideas. Megaservers increase this problem.

Guild missions, just read the above posts. I had the same experience. We have a 75 man guild and becasue ppl have had it with a-net we do missions with 15 atm, and stuill we couldn’t find space uncontested. Megaservers increase this problem to a frustrating level.

World bosses …. Pls be honest. having a yellow ball of flame with numbers is an utter waste of this game. I hate the spawn schedule and I hate teh destrution of the evnt chains. Its the most STUPID mistake in the list and its unavoidable. Megaservers idestroyed the fun.

Guild Wars 2 defines (used to define?) the future of online roleplaying games (well no you’re changing back to the old systems, just waiting to see the trinity reappear…) with action-oriented combat (Where? as its not visible anymore!), customized personal storylines (well yes…), epic dynamic events (dynamic? NO TIMER BASED!) , world-class PvP ( well balkancing is difficult…), and no subscription fees (no but you will see all thingschanging forcing ppl to use gem store items….)! Just to say so!

I noticed some adept traits can be unlocked at persoanel story lvl 50…. Why would you want to do so? Please explain…. It’s an utter waste of using the leveling tarject to learn builds and experiment. New ppl will have absolutley no clue what they need to do…. This update creates more noobish noobs not able to play effetctively causing more LVL 80 party wishes, ingame hate and frustration

I’m ready for an instant REMOVAL of the Megaserver. That’s how great The Megaserver is is. All low levels cheering is a sight for sore eyes, but they’ll become lvl 80’s as well and have the problems I see. It’s no flexible game anymore… It’s rigid and obligatory. Well I’m going to get may traits now! Are you going to buy them? well I do not have skillpoints yet I just started… Ohh bummer, You can use this build after 2 weeks of roaming then you can have some fun , but for the good traits you’ll need to wait untiol you are bored to death, yes you can level 4 alts as well, AND YOU HAVE TO DO THIS ALL AGAIN!

Dungeon scaling… Well AC used to be fun, its boring now, we’re fighting paper bags now. Oh wait also in CM, TA, SE, Cof…. Hmmm… Nice job there.

Well good luck with your experiment. I’m off to get some free gold now… AC is fun I can drag 3 lvl 35’s through the dungeons with a warrior and a guard, with minimal effort, only delay is ressing them after each boss.. If they’d have some traits…Now that would be nice…

MEGASERVER = MEGA PROBLEM!

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Lord Kuru.3685

Yeah, this is bad. When a guild kicks off a new mission, they should be able to choose whether to create a new instance. It is annoying.

Yes, as I’ve been saying since the first announcement of the Megaserver, Private overflows, is the simplest solution that solves every single problem the Megaserver caused. The sooner we get them, the sooner the Megaserver failure will be left behind and nobody would complain about it anymore.

The point of the megaservers was to save money by not having to spawn as many map instances as before. If you allow private instances, that’s “wasting” money on instances again.

Of course, they could sell private instances in the gemstore, but I’m not sure how well that’ll go over with the community.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

The point of the megaservers was to save money by not having to spawn as many map instances as before. If you allow private instances, that’s “wasting” money on instances again.

Of course, they could sell private instances in the gemstore, but I’m not sure how well that’ll go over with the community.

Haha yeah that would be one of the dumbest things they could do. People would be outraged that they have to pay to get the game back to a playable status.

Honestly I keep checking the dev tracker waiting to see the post saying that they are retracting the mega servers until the bugs are worked out of it. And then quietly they hope we forget they ever mentioned the word mega server as the project is scraped forever and the whole community can put this disaster behind us.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Rangersix.1754

I wouldn’t call an improvement if I get in a different map than my team or my guild

Due to the nature of the new system that situation (karka queen → empty overflows) happens a lot less. It ’s something that happened before too, and a lot more. Going from more to less is an improvement in this case, no matter how you twist or turn it.

The vast majority of complaints are basically the same stuff we saw at launch. This is simply how the game looks like when maps are full. MaterDolores says he was here from launch, but from what he complains about, I hardly doubt he was. At launch everything was zerged constantly.

And then we come to the guild complaints that they can’t get people on one map, not even the small guilds. To those people I suggest looking to new leadership, who can actually get something organized. Other guilds, like tequatl and wurm guilds, have done this on a far larger scale (hundreds of people) before. Getting 20 people on the same map is a piece of cake compared to that. You just need competent people in charge. You’re a guild, not a random rag tag group of people. You’re supposed to be organized.

Get a core party of 5 people in a map, consider that your “main map”. Now break the group apart and have each of those 5 people form their own party so they can then join their party leader on the “main map”. It’s quick and it’s easy. Guilds complaining that they need to make use of organization, dear me.

Lord Kuru.3685

And then we come to the guild complaints that they can’t get people on one map, not even the small guilds. To those people I suggest looking to new leadership, who can actually get something organized. Other guilds, like tequatl and wurm guilds, have done this on a far larger scale (hundreds of people) before. Getting 20 people on the same map is a piece of cake compared to that. You just need competent people in charge. You’re a guild, not a random rag tag group of people. You’re supposed to be organized.

Get a core party of 5 people in a map, consider that your “main map”. Now break the group apart and have each of those 5 people form their own party so they can then join their party leader on the “main map”. It’s quick and it’s easy. Guilds complaining that they need to make use of organization, dear me.

It’s ridiculous to have to do this. We want to play the game, not the map overflow system.

Rangersix.1754

It’s not something that happends to every guild every time. Stop pretending that it does.

It’s something that requires 5 minutes of your time, stop pretending that it takes hours.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

It’s ridiculous to have to do this. We want to play the game, not the map overflow system.

I Agree. Our guild has no problems finding another “overflow” and taxi-ing everybody. It just costs more time, normally we finish guild missions in 35-50 minutes (not doing trek) And this costs additional time. All ppl in th guild are 18+ most have jobs and a RL. Wasting time on organisation which should be handled by the game is rubbish. It used to be ok. If we encountered an overflow whe would use the overflow instead of the normal map. Now we need to guess what map will be more usefull. and it hshould put us all together in 1 map when Guild miossions are started,

Doing a bounty sending 10 ppl for a target and having them travelling to 2,3 or more instances is stupid, especially if you designed the game to group players in party ffrom the same guild playing together.

The system isn’t doing what was set out to be done. I love seeing more people, unfortunately if you do events per 2 hours or 3 hours you will see a lot of zergs, why not do all world events every 15 or 30 minutes, with an hour for big world bosses (teq, wurm.. ) It would all spread out and people wopuldn’t need to zerg everything…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)