Game Updates: Guild World Events, Megaservers, WvW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I
And then I see the most awful complaints of “my friend is in another Megaserver, RAGGGEEEE QUITTT”
Hello!? You can easily move to their own Megaserver with 2 clicks.

Not if both yours and your friend’s megaservers are full.
And moving 2 people might be easy, try 50 that try to do a Guild Mission, or try to organise to kill Tequatl or ANY other group activity. The complaints are far from awful, they are perfectly valid even if you don’t get them.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I
And then I see the most awful complaints of “my friend is in another Megaserver, RAGGGEEEE QUITTT”

And currently the Megaserver will make sure the instances are full, before it will start creating new ones.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I

And currently the Megaserver will make sure the instances are full, before it will start creating new ones.

That is not true. It creates a new one at the soft cap or possibly sometime before that. The problem is the hard cap is easily reached during large events (Large Guild Events, World Bosses etc…)

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

I think I just figured this all out don’t know if this has been posted anywhere yet but I think I read somewhere that NCSoft runs the servers GuildWars runs on, so what up and coming game release will need server space “hmmm” how to get it reduce the server load on one game to make room for another? GuildWars is free to play, this new game has a monthly fee?

I personally and honestly don’t think it has anything to do with this. Now I’m not internal, as in I do not work for, ANet or NCSoft. BUT, I can safely say that with most modern equipment, and the unbelievable speeds of connections at data centers, games like this COULD be physically ran on ONE physical machine. Not saying I’d personally do it (if I was in charge), but then again I do not have access to any given single machine that would be capable (think of a machine that costs more money than your average house). BUT it could be done.

So, granted I also do not believe that’s how it’s done (would actually be bad for certain security issues, so at the very least they’d need TWO servers/machines), it COULD be. Therefore I do not think that has anything to do with this. While they probably don’t run this whole game on one or two machines (granted they ‘could’ as I’ve pointed out) I am still willing to bet they run it on the minimal amount of machines possible to be both ‘reliable’ for us to use, and to minimize costs to them (also IE maximize profit, to them).

Oh yea, and for those keyboard warriors (before they start spouting off about how running a game like this on one machine would not be possible, or that machine’s simply don’t cost as much as I’ve made claims to {certain machines costing “more than your average house”}) here, take a look at this machine (:P):

http://www.neobits.com/ibm_7143h3u_ibm_system_x3950_x5_7143_server_rack_p728265.html?atc=gbp&gclid=CKmC0euA_L0CFc1j7AodNnkA6Q

I’m quite sure that machine A) could handle this entire game (yes all “internal servers” as we know them, the 24/27 or all 51 of ’em if they wanted to) B) costs more than your average house tallying in at just under $200,000.00 for the single machine…

Though in the end, unless ANet has released their internal infrastructure and I missed it, all we can do is speculate on this one !!!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

sparc.3649

I

And moving 2 people might be easy, try 50 that try to do a Guild Mission, or try to organise to kill Tequatl or ANY other group activity. The complaints are far from awful, they are perfectly valid even if you don’t get them.

^ this ^

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

anzenketh.3759

I

^ this ^

What is the probability of that happening outside of massive world events. I would wager far less then 5%. So I would argue that it is not something to worry about as the chances of it happening are statistically insignificant. Also any event that large had a high probability of kicking you into overflow anyways.

sparc.3649

I

^ this ^

What is the probability of that happening outside of massive world events. I would wager far less then 5%. So I would argue that it is not something to worry about as the chances of it happening are statistically insignificant. Also any event that large had a high probability of kicking you into overflow anyways.

You’re clearly delusional. Again, wanna get maybe one party worth of people to ‘jump’ to your map. Easy as cake, sure, just like you said. But you wanna get say 100 people from your guild to map jump, it just ain’t gonna happen. Or did you forget everyone plays differently? Just because you’re not in a guild where they may want 50-100 people to all be in the same place at the same time doesn’t mean there aren’t people that do!

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I

^ this ^

You’re clearly delusional. Again, wanna get maybe one party worth of people to ‘jump’ to your map. Easy as cake, sure, just like you said. But you wanna get say 100 people from your guild to map jump, it just ain’t gonna happen. Or did you forget everyone plays differently? Just because you’re not in a guild where they may want 50-100 people to all be in the same place at the same time doesn’t mean there aren’t people that do!

Doesn’t even have to be 50-100 for this system to break. We did guild missions in my guild last weekend and only had about 20-30 online. We still couldn’t get everyone into one map without taking 10 minutes and hard capping several maps first. We missed so many of our bounties, and the other missions were still a pain because there were about 5 other guilds waiting in line ahead of us.

Totally fun Anet. I hate the megaservers, with a passion, these past two weeks have been pretty bad for me in this game. AND STILL NO RESPONSE after 1000+ comments on this thread?! You created this thread for feedback, well how about you respond to some of it?

You know I think that if we got a writer from Eurogamer, or some other popular gamer magazine/blog to pick up the story of the mega-server fail we might get a response from Anet then. I think they are not responding because there is no real harm at the moment of them not. If there were to be an article about this and the unsatisfaction it has caused we might see them react a tad bit differently to “save face”. Never known a journalist to turn down a juicy story of angry people….

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

(edited by eleshazar.6902)

anzenketh.3759

I

^ this ^

Not delusional speaking from my own experience on trying to get with my guild members(given I am working with a lot less players) onto the same map.

You would have had issues trying to get more then 100 players onto one map with the old system too. I still do not think it would cause both shards to be full unless you are trying to do this for a world event during the scheduled time. If that is the case the soft population limit definitely needs to be adjusted. Also when was the last time you have tried. I am sure they made some tweaks recently.

sparc.3649

I

^ this ^

Doesn’t even have to be 50-100 for this system to break. We did guild missions in my guild last weekend and only had about 20-30 online. We still couldn’t get everyone into one map without taking 10 minutes and hard capping several maps first. We missed so many of our bounties, and the other missions were still a pain because there were about 5 other guilds waiting in line ahead of us.

Totally fun Anet. I hate the megaservers, with a passion, these past two weeks have been pretty bad for me in this game. AND STILL NO RESPONSE after 1000+ comments on this thread?! You created this thread for feedback, well how about you respond to some of it?

You know I think that if we got a writer from Eurogamer, or some other popular gamer magazine/blog to pick up the story of the mega-server fail we might get a response from Anet then. I think they are not responding because there is no real harm at the moment of them not. If there were to be an article about this and the unsatisfaction it has caused we might see them react a tad bit differently to “save face”. Never known a journalist to turn down a juicy story of angry people….

^ this ^

That’s a GREAT idea, I think I will begin contacting some of the bigger video game reviewing people/places/magazines and see what we can’t start here!

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I just saw the front page. I give up. Clearly, we don’t matter.

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Here’s another interesting take.

How does this affect WvW? Megaservers aren’t implemented on them but with there essentially being “one server” now, what’s to keep players from moving to a higher tier server?
For those that play out both PvE/WvW, it’s much more reasonable to move up for a “better” WvW experience. Especially, if you’re on a low tier server that doesn’t do to well in WvW.
What does it do? It provides incentive to purchase GEMS (or sink gold) to move to a better WvW server.
This would severely skew the WvW in favor of high population servers and as they continue to “improve” upon the megaservers…
This will only become more apparent…

Well there’s my doom prophecy for today.

Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Fuwa.1365

Fuwa.1365

The megasever system at the moment caters to a smaller population
It benefits (immensely):
Solo Players
Small Guilds
Less populated areas and events

For large guilds it disrupts the experience of organized events and guild missions.

I love the experience playing on my level 33. There’s almost always people, it’s easier to level, and events are done quicker. I can see how the system has great promise.

But when playing at 80, (where mostly characters seem to be these days)with a large (150> online at peak times) guild, *the megasystem doesn’t fulfill its promise of bringing the people you know with you, especially in world events. *

I believe the megasystem can be changed to allow a balance between having enough players on the map that it’s more enjoyable exploring as well as having your friends and guildmates play with you.

Recommendations:
Make guild event locations and world bosses/events an option for guilds to have their own dedicated map lasting X time for an event.

Of course there should be a cost to build with tiers to unlock before the guild can actually upgrade to do this and also a proof of the guild’s size before it can unlock it.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Yeah, I would prefer some dev response in these feedback topics instead of just a happy, cheerful “everything’s super” – post.

(The germans know how to do it. Not blaming you guys.)

sparc.3649

Here’s another interesting take.

How does this affect WvW? Megaservers aren’t implemented on them but with there essentially being “one server” now, what’s to keep players from moving to a higher tier server?
For those that play out both PvE/WvW, it’s much more reasonable to move up for a “better” WvW experience. Especially, if you’re on a low tier server that doesn’t do to well in WvW.
What does it do? It provides incentive to purchase GEMS (or sink gold) to move to a better WvW server.
This would severely skew the WvW in favor of high population servers and as they continue to “improve” upon the megaservers…
This will only become more apparent…

Well there’s my doom prophecy for today.

It is also this idea or many other BAD ideas I can dream up about what MAY happen to WvW, since WvW is all I really like about the game! I mean seriously though, what’s to stop them from doing X (whatever) with WvW since now WvW will be the ONLY reason we need “server/world sanctity”… Who is even to say they wouldn’t just even ELIMINATE WvW all together, and just say “oh well you have PvE, PvP, and EOTM” (sorry I don’t really consider EOTM “real” WvW, it’s more like just a WvW interim)… Really, what’s to stop them from saying there are no more “worlds” and no more WvW, all you have is PvE, PvP, and EOTM…!!! Although I’d definitely quit then <.<

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

sparc.3649

But what’s to stop them from doing that !?

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

Posted by: Junkie.7925

Junkie.7925

Alright, now I see a lot of people running around the same map. But why in the name of all which is good I still feel more lonely than ever?
Because I never can know them better. ANet’s vision about that everyone talks to each others, makes new friends easily and are one big happy Overflow is wrong. I chosed smaller server so my laptop can run the game and so I would know people better before anything. I’m really shy and being forced to the middle of unknown people are making me more nervous. It’s not funny to log in game anymore.

Posted by: claudili.7614

claudili.7614

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-rollout-is-complete-2/

We’re pleased to announce that now all PvE maps and the Heart of the Mists have been moved over to megaserver technology!

Although we’re excited that you have more players than ever to explore the open world of Guild Wars 2 with, our work is not yet complete. Our megaserver team will continue to monitor the performance of the technology on live and evaluate your feedback. We will continue to tweak and update the way the system works until it is providing even better megaservice!

Thanks, and we’ll see you all (literally) in game!

Wonder if we could see them all (literally) ingame -.-

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Ahhh, the Joy of having good old Lion’s Arch loading times EVERYWHERE!

anzenketh.3759

Alright, now I see a lot of people running around the same map. But why in the name of all which is good I still feel more lonely than ever?
Because I never can know them better. ANet’s vision about that everyone talks to each others, makes new friends easily and are one big happy Overflow is wrong. I chosed smaller server so my laptop can run the game and so I would know people better before anything. I’m really shy and being forced to the middle of unknown people are making me more nervous. It’s not funny to log in game anymore.

“The trouble is not really in being alone, it’s being lonely. One can be lonely in the midst of a crowd, don’t you think?”
— Christine Feehan, Dark Prince

“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”
— Gautama Buddha, Sayings Of Buddha

To not be alone you must make first make the first move. You must talk with others. You must take the first step. Sadly the only way to do this if there are other people around to talk to.

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Well dang, that blog post amounts to a pretty epic face slap.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Only if you don’t actually read it.

This -

“Our megaserver team will continue to monitor the performance of the technology on live and evaluate your feedback. We will continue to tweak and update the way the system works until it is providing even better megaservice!”

Is not a face slap.

That said, there are some things (most notably the ability to keep large guild groups together more reliably) that need to be implemented REALLY soon.

Let us right click anyone on our friends or guild list and “travel to XYZ zone” without having to be in 5-man parties. Shuffling parties in just takes way too much time and is really not fun.

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Only if you don’t actually read it.

This -

“Our megaserver team will continue to monitor the performance of the technology on live and evaluate your feedback. We will continue to tweak and update the way the system works until it is providing even better megaservice!”

Is not a face slap.

That said, there are some things (most notably the ability to keep large guild groups together more reliably) that need to be implemented REALLY soon.

Let us right click anyone on our friends or guild list and “travel to XYZ zone” without having to be in 5-man parties. Shuffling parties in just takes way too much time and is really not fun.

If they really listened, they would have fixed the flaws BEFORE expanding it everywhere….
I believe many didn’t want to rollout so fast, but we’re told to do so by the people writing the checks…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is quite funny that people complain about that blog-post when it says exactly what (I assume) you have been demanding since release of the mega-server

We’re pleased to announce that now all PvE maps and the Heart of the Mists have been moved over to megaserver technology!
Although we’re excited that you have more players than ever to explore the open world of Guild Wars 2 with, our work is not yet complete. Our megaserver team will continue to monitor the performance of the technology on live and evaluate your feedback. We will continue to tweak and update the way the system works until it is providing even better megaservice!

I would say this is a very clear indication that they are still tweaking and working on the system and listening to feedback.
Isn’t that exactly what you have been demanding?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

sparc.3649

It is quite funny that people complain about that blog-post when it says exactly what (I assume) you have been demanding since release of the mega-server

I would say this is a very clear indication that they are still tweaking and working on the system and listening to feedback.

NO, read the post directly prior to yours… Continuing to “roll out” these changes while we had already began turning blue in the face from our complaining, and THEN that blog post on top of it. HUGE slap in the face!

If there is anyone else out there like me, while reading it you almost if not literally said “YEA-RIGHT” out loud when you read the “and evaluate your feedback” part of that blog entry! More like, continue to ignore your feedback and do what we want any kitten ways…

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

(edited by sparc.3649)

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

You are incorrect then in understanding what people want. It seems the overall want is for discourse. The problem is that Anet thinks that by watching some numbers on their monitors they can figure out what their players want. Well I think we can honestly say that the current implementation of the megaserver points to that method not working at all. People want them to discuss what some good solutions would be. We have offered so many good solutions in this thread, and they haven’t commented on any of them. No “That can’t work because of X” or “that is too expensive to implement” or “That sounds like an interesting idea! We will look into that!” That’s what we want. Not them deciding what we do and don’t like in their own little silo; which is preciously what they are doing.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

anzenketh.3759

NO, read the post directly prior to yours…

What if they need it to be rolled out everywhere to evaluate and make those fine tune measurement changes to the system to see if additional UI interfaces are even needed.

When was the last time you tried to bring together a large group for a non-World event? You may find less of a problem now then you did before.

Simulations can only go so far.

Astralporing.1957

…lol, i was telling one of my friends, that Anet’s most likely answer would be, that they are excited with player response. Seems i was not so far away from the truth.

Actions, not words.

lordkrall.7241

NO, read the post directly prior to yours… Continuing to “roll out” these changes while we had already began turning blue in the face from our complaining, and THEN that blog post on top of it. HUGE slap in the face!

If there is anyone else out there like me, while reading it you almost if not literally said “YEA-RIGHT” out loud when you read the “and evaluate your feedback” part of that blog entry! More like, continue to ignore your feedback and do what we want any kitten ways…

But what else can they say?
I would say it is a rather massive step that they actually more or less admits that it is not working optimally at the moment, and that they will keep working on it.
If they ignored the feedback they would simply have either not posted a blog-post at all, or if they did, not kept working on the system, since in that case they would assume that the system was flawless.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

lordkrall.7241

So they should rather have been completely silent instead then?
Oh, but wait, when they were that was wrong as well.
Kitten if they do, kitten if they don’t.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

megaserver = lag city

sparc.3649

Well at least we now know who must be afraid to speak out against anything the company has to do that adversely affects so many people. That’s it, kitten their kitten, they like it when you do that. Do not forget to buy some more gems now too

My question is, why? Why do you feel the urge to stick up for them? We have been told to voice our complaints here, not kitten their kitten. I think we should have a separate thread for that, I’d gladly stay out of it! I just think it’s sad that out of all the people that have made valid complaints there’s a small and select group still managing to stick up for ANet. Maybe you’re an employee (posting on a non employee account)? Maybe you’re afraid of being punished somehow? Please my mind intrigues me on this one…

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

sparc.3649

Why do you insist on trolling every thread on megaservers constantly? If you like them, great. Post that you like them and why. As it is you just try to antagonize everyone on the thread.

That wasn’t communication, it was PR “everything is great” and you know it. Stop being a troll. Communication is actually talking with people, not announcing something to them and then turning away as they ask you questions.

^ THIS ^

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I prefer the megaserver system:

-Enables completion of boss level events and works very well with boss schedule
-Builds a larger, wider net for the community in PvE
-New players have people to communicate with in PvE

For the current issues (primarily, roleplaying and guild mission completion), I would simply recommend having a 3 district dropdown menu a la GW1 for each map. District 1 would be the primary megaserver and the other 2 districts would be usable by those who may need another server. Should District 1 overflow into the others, simply add more districts as the map approaches the softcap.

As it is, I find the megaserver to be a general improvement on my experiences and with future guild community functionality updates, I think most other concerns would be addressed as well.

Well at least we now know who must be afraid to speak out against anything the company has to do that adversely affects so many people. That’s it, kitten their kitten, they like it when you do that. Do not forget to buy some more gems now too

My question is, why? Why do you feel the urge to stick up for them? We have been told to voice our complaints here, not kitten their kitten. I think we should have a separate thread for that, I’d gladly stay out of it! I just think it’s sad that out of all the people that have made valid complaints there’s a small and select group still managing to stick up for ANet. Maybe you’re an employee (posting on a non employee account)? Maybe you’re afraid of being punished somehow? Please my mind intrigues me on this one…

Just as dissent doesn’t warrant verbal abuse and baseless accusations, so does praise.

This is a feedback thread for both positive and negative constructive criticism. I understand that feeling hurt tends to make some individuals act illogically, but throwing around stereotypical tropes does nothing to help your criticisms be heard; it only tarnishes your view.

Be passionate, but be respectful.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

(edited by Vorch.2985)

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

The problem is that many people seem to have a mindset that “sure, it’s broken, but I believe ANet will fix it”. I wish I had such faith! But we have to critique the system as it is now, not based on what you think it will be after you believe it will be fixed. And in its current form the negative outweighs the positive, at least for me.

The point Vorch raised about a “larger, wider net for community” is a rather beautiful thought but unfortunately the reality isn’t quite as peachy. Most of the people you see you will rarely see again, which again raises a point of the lost server identity. Sure, every now and then I see familiar guild tags and names, but way less than I used to. Although, I am willing to check my opinion again if the system is tweaked, but I cannot depend on it, you know? I have to voice my concern on how it is now. And the lack of familiarity and my own server community is what’s bugging me a lot.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

The problem is that many people seem to have a mindset that “sure, it’s broken, but I believe ANet will fix it”. I wish I had such faith! But we have to critique the system as it is now, not based on what you think it will be after you believe it will be fixed. And in its current form the negative outweighs the positive, at least for me.

The point Vorch raised about a “larger, wider net for community” is a rather beautiful thought but unfortunately the reality isn’t quite as peachy. Most of the people you see you will rarely see again, which again raises a point of the lost server identity. Sure, every now and then I see familiar guild tags and names, but way less than I used to. Although, I am willing to check my opinion again if the system is tweaked, but I cannot depend on it, you know? I have to voice my concern on how it is now. And the lack of familiarity and my own server community is what’s bugging me a lot.

Would you prefer a sort of districting system a la GW1?

—First district is the main megaserver
—Second district is multi-server specific (i.e. 5 servers all get one server for guild missions)
—Third district is for overflow/RP
—Additional servers for over

Another suggestion is simply having all guild missions instanced/placed in an overflow.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

I prefer the megaserver system:

-Enables completion of boss level events and works very well with boss schedule

Our understanding of boss level events differs a bit there.
Claw of Jormag and such are just a big target.
Tequatl and 3H-Wurm are now impossible for most guilds and even servers.

-Builds a larger, wider net for the community in PvE

Yes, more people to onehit the mobs on the low level events so new players and low level chars don´t even get any loot or reward at all.
For those players that got on low pop servers on purpose for whatever reason, it is just unbearable now for most of them.

-New players have people to communicate with in PvE

Especially interesting on the EU servers. Now you can get insulted in multiple languages. Filter still and never will work this way. Read up on the suggestion thread, there are a few really good ones.

Sorry for that zynism

I personally do not care anymore. I level my low toons now with other ways and don´t bother with map completion anymore (i do not care for legendarys). Only the nessecary stuff.
But i feel bad for all those players and guilds that got directly hit by that update.

The stuff above just mirrors what i hear all day long from my guildmates/friends that are complaining since the patch.

(edited by Thareen.5471)

Posted by: TaliesinRevel.5971

TaliesinRevel.5971

I come from a server that had low population and while it could be nice to have someone help at certain times, my experience of the megaserver so far has been:

1) Incredible lag and being unable to use skills.
2) Waiting times increased coming into all maps to twice what it was.
3) At least 3 disconnections per day and up to 8 disconnections per day.
4) Missing the loot from event chests as champ etc is dead before my lag infected toon can make contact now a regular happening (3 chests today).
5) Events over before you can get to them.
6) Huge increase in gold sellers private messaging me.
7) Communications issues. Messages being lost in spammed trivia.
8) But most importantly, my community has suffered severely and I rarely see friends and people I know anymore. My own husband tonight, when we left WvW was sent to a different server even though we were in our own guild. My community was lovely and I feel a real sadness that it appears gone. We were only small but we lost sleep to help each other and made time to get stuff done for each other.
I feel if the bosses and events had not been made so hard then smaller groups would still be able to manage them and continue to play during the non NA time periods. Once they were made so hard that they required a zerg to complete, the Oceanic time zone fell off on our server from a few to zero. I still remember doing Jormag with 6 people. I understand a lot of people were lonely and could not manage going solo. I understand this. But dumping us all together?

So I myself, would prefer to have a little difficulty finding someone to help me rather than the above. I feel this was a huge mistake and also agree with many that our opinions are not taken into consideration. I believe this megaserver will be the downfall of server identity and for many people the final straw. This is my experience.

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Honestly, at this point I’ve pretty much lost any motivation to do world bosses. That’s previously how I got most of my gold, but it’s the complete opposite of fun to be in a blob of so many people on a boss that I can’t even freaking see the boss, nevermind any tells or AoEs on the ground. Not that seeing tells or AoEs matters much anymore, since bosses don’t live long enough to do much harm.

I miss regularly doing Fire Shaman; now I have no way of knowing when he’s up. I especially liked doing him with very small groups – he’s so much fun with only one or two other people. I miss when Taida Covington could actually kill people if you weren’t careful. Now she doesn’t do kitten. I miss doing temples, of which I have done Dwayna a total of one time since the patch, and none of the other temples. Temples were especially fun with 10 people or less, which, yes, actually did happen on TC sometimes.

Some world bosses were actually challenging with only 10-20 people there. Now they’re just boring blobfests. We have enough blobs in wuv, why did you need to force them on us in PvE too? It’s like you want to reward people for going AFK with auto-attack on, since that’s all the intelligence that’s required to do any WB now.

It’s become a boring lagfest, and map chat is completely toxic. I used to love map chat on TC while doing the WB train – socializing with my server was a major plus to running around killing bosses – and now I can’t even stand to look at it most of the time.

It’s sad that my main activity in the game is now unplayable for me. I guess I’ll have to start running dungeons daily now to make up for the gold I’d be getting from world events.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Q: is it possible to Anet handle or show the numbers of overflows created per each map? :P

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Dear Anet,

You have killed my temple/world boss trains. I used to really enjoy leading those; now I get to enjoy the memory. I’ve spent over a year building my server community as a leader and organizer and the heart of that was my work running world bosses.

I used to run with a large and familiar crowd. Not a bunch of randoms: my people, from my server. People I’ve been playing with for a long time. I have a long list of followers on my friends tab, many of whom would pop into my current zone to see if I was leading an event.

I used to hop into town and see familiar faces every night. People I would shout-out to, who would shout-out to me. Then I would say “I’m off to [WP] to start Dwayna, come join me!” or the like. And they would join me! Because they could. They knew that when they hit Malchor’s it’d be the same Malchor’s that I just tagged up in. They knew that they could reliably follow me to any map in the game, and they did so, and we had a blast.

Now all of that is dead.

Is this what you wanted, Anet? Because I miss my community. I was in Harathi the other day and someone asked if there were any FA guilds present. I could have hugged the guy. He’s now in my guild, because I’m not giving up. We’ll find ways to organize events and build our community again. Even if you very clearly don’t want us to do so.

storiessave.3807

30-40 people standing near the waypoint waiting for the destroyers-in-the-tunnels event to trigger for Megadestroyer pre.

Someone asks “Is it going to be tough with this few people?”

Wow.
Much facepalm.
So megaserver.

I’d have been happy for it to stay that low, but of course a blob arrived to save the AFK auto-attackers’ day, who then all proceeded to auto-attack him to death, killing him in the lava, and depriving us of Mega’s champ box.

Done with world bosses.

Tarnished Coast

Astralporing.1957

In other way, you are saying that the only choice for them is either fail to acknowledge they have a problem, or fail to acknowledge they have a problem? Somehow i don’t buy that.

Actions, not words.

anzenketh.3759

In other way, you are saying that the only choice for them is either fail to acknowledge they have a problem, or fail to acknowledge they have a problem? Somehow i don’t buy that.

But they did acknowledge that it is not working 100% as they would like.

Astralporing.1957

Not really. The way they have phrased it means “it works great, but we are trying to make it even better”. They haven’t acknowledged there are any problems – only, that there is room for improvement (and there is always room for improvement).

Actions, not words.

sparc.3649

Not really. The way they have phrased it means “it works great, but we are trying to make it even better”. They haven’t acknowledged there are any problems – only, that there is room for improvement (and there is always room for improvement).

^ THIS ^

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

sparc.3649

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

storiessave.3807

Good freaking god. That’s horrible.

Tarnished Coast

sparc.3649

Good freaking god. That’s horrible.

That’s what makes me wonder how ANYONE can promote it, even trolls :O

It’s just too bad this isn’t April 1st, and a REALLY sick April fools joke.

I think the best thing they could do right now, would be to, just eliminate megaservers and say it was a belated April fools joke!

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

The way they have phrased it means “it works great, but we are trying to make it even better”.

Kind of sounds like a threat, doesn’kitten (<— does it not)

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs