Game Updates: Guild World Events, Megaservers, WvW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

So, wow, I didn’t even know Defiant could hit 75 stacks.

….That’s how many people were kittenbanging the last world boss champ I was at.

Please, please lower the population limit per megaserver. The system itself works okay, it just needs some heavy refinement. Even the big bosses only need or scale well to no more than 50 people, and that’s for Tequatl. Ulgoth doesn’t need 75 people beating on him.

I’d recommend setting the strays to about 50/server, and allow twice that for people who taxi in from other party members. The extra cap would help guild members in parties get together to do the bigger world content.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Well I can say that the mega server is helping me get over my guild wars 2 phase. I used to play everynight when I got home from work for at least 4 hours. These past few weeks I still log in to TS to talk with my guildees, but I only run like one dungeon a night with them (30 minutes). I’ll wait until some actual content is added into this game, and the megaserver gets a real solution before I dedicate time and money back into this game.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Back with Marionette, I thought maybe the devs learned a smidge about splitting up the zerg. 100 people all at once, split into 5 groups (then 5 groups again >.>) actually started to make events matter again.

So, why then are they putting singular bosses on a solitary rotation queue? This just puts the megazerg right back where it started, with the knowledge of where exactly to be for each boss and when. While not entirely a bad thing, the zerg size per world boss is terrible.

The easy solution: have multiple boss rotations, offset by an hour or two. This solves two major problems right now.

1 – Zerg size is going to drop, since players are going to split between two or three active world bosses that occur simultaneously.

2 – Players currently time-locked out of big-boss content have a better chance to see it. If they miss it on one rotation, they can likely get to it on another rotation.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Generally I think the megaserver is a good change. It made the game alive again. All of the problems metioned here can be solve with just two things that were mentioned multiple times in this thread.

1. Somtheing like a megaserver selection similar to GW1
2. World Chat.

I sure hope Anet is listening…

They aren’t. China!

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

Well I can say that the mega server is helping me get over my guild wars 2 phase. I used to play everynight when I got home from work for at least 4 hours. These past few weeks I still log in to TS to talk with my guildees, but I only run like one dungeon a night with them (30 minutes). I’ll wait until some actual content is added into this game, and the megaserver gets a real solution before I dedicate time and money back into this game.

I find your signature amusing. Maybe everyone should change their tag to ‘Megaserver’ as a form of protest.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

Posted by: lucykate.6920

lucykate.6920

I want to start with the positives because i feel so many people post rants on the forums about how terrible things are and how badly Anet have done. I think they do an amazing job and i just wanted to make this forum post to possibly help in a constructive criticism way.
I love the megaserver as a whole, having more players around makes things so much more exciting. Events have become more popular and map chat has become a hub of chatter. I’ve found there are more people around to help when i need it and leveling has become a lot more enjoyable too with people around.
I have always been a fan of world bosses too, there a fun way of making some gold and fighting something a more interesting and challenging than other mobs.
As far as the downsides go..
I have had problems with load screens becoming a lot longer and areas get very laggy when events are running because of the large increase in people. It is not unbearable and i can still play but i feel sorry for those with computers not quite as quick as mine.
My main worry is for world bosses, specifically Teq and Triple trouble. These require a lot of team work and communication, previously this has been done server wide normally on a VOIP service meaning that sometimes (not always) the events have been completed successfully. With the new megaserver there seems to be a large decrease in success rate..in my experience anyway.
All in all megaservers are brilliant but i do worry about my beloved world bosses.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I find your signature amusing. Maybe everyone should change their tag to ‘Megaserver’ as a form of protest.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Gahhh, this weekend had several different types of events just completely waste my time because of MegaServer.

Couple examples:

1) Claw of Jormag, got him down to the last, say, 15 seconds or so. I see a couple people in Map chat say “dc’ed twice so far” and similar. Then I dc’ed. Rejoined, wound up load-balanced to a different cluster, event had already terminated there – no chests nor bonus chest.

2) Doing map completion in Malchor’s Leap – last WP to do is in the lab for the Bauxite Alchemical event. Someone had previously followed NPC’s into the lab, died after the lab was sealed, wp’ed out, NPC’s have died, and now NOONE can get in. Because of Megaserver, the event won’t fail like normal and reset, so we’re all stuck outside.

Megaserver has the potential to be a great system, but it was plopped in too FAST – all of the events need to be carefully evaluated (especially fail/pass/terminate conditions), since MegaServer was NOT an assumed variable when you all wrote them.

Posted by: lexxguard.2690

lexxguard.2690

Once again, our guild did Save Our Supplies Guild Challenge and succeeded only for it to give us no reward this weeks, our Guild Puzzle in Proxmics Labs was completed fully and ended up showing up as failed in the end. We have players in our guild that have not recieved any rewards from guild missions since the Megaserver roll out. It has been nearly a month with no fixes, whats going on?

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Once again, our guild did Save Our Supplies Guild Challenge and succeeded only for it to give us no reward this weeks, our Guild Puzzle in Proxmics Labs was completed fully and ended up showing up as failed in the end. We have players in our guild that have not recieved any rewards from guild missions since the Megaserver roll out. It has been nearly a month with no fixes, whats going on?

China!

Posted by: spacecase.8796

spacecase.8796

I would like to thank Anet for making a lovely game in to a boring Zergfest..theres lots ppl on here saying how the mass of ppl makes the game look alive again..well for ppl on high+ pop servers its always been like that and if you chose a low/med pop and decided it was dead then you should of moved..many of us like having to work for our events not just turn up, press auto attack and go for a cuppa, come back get loot ..Next 1..im on med pop server and saw how some of the maps were pretty dead except the odd person mapping..thing ive noticed those same maps have only a small increase of ppl doin the same..all ive seen from megaserver is World Communities shattered, increase in dc’d during event no loot for 15mins work rants, trolls just being trolls(only saw them when they guested to us b4) small guilds being destroyed as they dont have player base to track every target for missions so ppl leave for big guild for the increased chance of commendations and many many ppl just giving up in general as theres nothing to do otherthan the boring(who needs an IQ) event train..and they arent all in china tbh wish they were would then make the lack of response defendable..i have almost 8000hrs in game and would like to continue but with lagfest megazerg im starting to wonder if its worth waiting for new content as that will just get megazerged and thats not the game i was playing 12mths ago..and i dont want to go play something else either played GW1 for its life still do now and thats becoming the better option..LtV[WSR]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

2) Doing map completion in Malchor’s Leap – last WP to do is in the lab for the Bauxite Alchemical event. Someone had previously followed NPC’s into the lab, died after the lab was sealed, wp’ed out, NPC’s have died, and now NOONE can get in. Because of Megaserver, the event won’t fail like normal and reset, so we’re all stuck outside.

That wp is actually unlockable from outside – try from the north side of the island. The same for PoI (unlockable from west side).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I sure am glad I map completed all the capital cities with my characters before the patch, because I just created a new character, started mapping Rata Sum, and found myself being disconnected every five minutes.

It’s bad enough that I get disconnected most of the time when I try to do world boss events, but to be unable to hang out around cities as well?

It’s like we have a MMO that actively punishes people for congregating.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

So I was outside of Arah this weekend after finishing the dungeon with some friends (and of course we ended up in different instances when we came out.

Well the high wizard defend event decided to spawn. All of the sudden a million people converged on my location and I couldn’t move more than five feet without the game stopping for 15 seconds, and I couldn’t wp away because the game kept freezing. Eventually my game lagged out completely. When I reconnected (amazingly enough) I was back in that same shard, and of course the zerg was still there. Again couldn’t move because of the lag, and eventually lagged out. This time I didn’t bother logging back in for the rest of the night.

Long live the meagaserver :-(

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I sure am glad I map completed all the capital cities with my characters before the patch, because I just created a new character, started mapping Rata Sum, and found myself being disconnected every five minutes.

It’s bad enough that I get disconnected most of the time when I try to do world boss events, but to be unable to hang out around cities as well?

It’s like we have a MMO that actively punishes people for congregating.

I actually thing there is a networking issue with one of the servers. I would send in a support ticket about this.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

That wp is actually unlockable from outside – try from the north side of the island. The same for PoI (unlockable from west side).

Thanks – I’ll give that a shot later and post back if it still works – I THOUGHT it had been fixed somewhere along the line, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Yes – that DID work – push on the “window” from the northern approach.

(edited by KarateKid.5648)

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

This megaserver system, at least in the context of cities really shows how the direction in the game seems to be bent on sucking out all the flavor out of the game.

It seems to me how they want to equalize everything, (some call it carebear), by destroying anything that may make someone stand out. This includes nerfs to certain builds simply others complain that it’s OP (in pve?) while ignoring its impact elsewhere, crippling people’s abilities to farm gold, and now making it so that server community doesn’t really matter in pve, and wvw is such a big mess while luring people to stack on the biggest servers, it’s not easy to avoid the fear that they’re going to megaserver wvw someday especially with the experiments of EOTM, and what a freaking joke that is. Meanwhile, the only ways of ensuring the game’s longevity is to put in more grinds (gear progression, removal of some daily choices, and leveling). They turned town clothes into tonics which skewered the potential of their own wardrobe system without a single thought.

But the worst part about all this, like it or not, is that they go forward with these actions and not a single response has been given, and not a single concern was even addressed. It is plainly irresponsible to make sweeping changes like these without a care for any consequences over such a rapid pace of time.

There was a lot of good instituted in the feature patch such as the wardrobe, account bound stuff, and unlockable traits. But it seems like all the good changes were made for established players in mind and not newer players. A new player will be beset by the increased time and cost of leveling.

None of the ideas are imposed are necessarily bad by themselves. Megaservers are a good idea, but some extra care had to be put in. Nowadays, you’re actually worse off for events such as teq unless you can have some groupies let you in.

Please just remember about “Play the way you want, not play the way Anet wants”. If anything, ascended gear seems like pennies compared to what’s going on.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Karuna.1357

There needs to be some sort of official response to this thread, even if it is just closing it, at least that will still be an answer.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

I am not sure if that has been mentioned but the overpopulation of areas thanks to the megaserver causes another problem namely that enemies die so fast that you can’t hit them with arrows or other projectiles.

Now this problem existed before the megaserver but now even small events are often overrun with players.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Recruiting for your server on the megaserver is sooooooo stupid.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Nightmare the Quick.9284

Nightmare the Quick.9284

Death to the Maga Sever!

My guild mates and I went to do our guild missions the other day and being a large guild we could not all get on the same sever to do our missions. After 30 mins of working to get as many as we could on one map there was a line at the mission sites to do them WTF a line to do guild rush. Now when 80 cant get on one kitten sever to do something is just a kitten fail.
You need to exhail till you hear that popping sound that will be your head leaven your kitten!

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

Death to the Maga Sever!

My guild mates and I went to do our guild missions the other day and being a large guild we could not all get on the same sever to do our missions. After 30 mins of working to get as many as we could on one map there was a line at the mission sites to do them WTF a line to do guild rush. Now when 80 cant get on one kitten sever to do something is just a kitten fail.
You need to exhail till you hear that popping sound that will be your head leaven your kitten!

Imagine trying to do what you said, then seeing a different smaller guild stealing the bounty as they were fewer and got there first, during the time you ate trying to get your guildies together……..and then get scolded by it, cause you “dared” to interfere..

The whole situation is disturbing, come to think of it. Skynet has turned a pretty good game, into a really bad joke.

I’ll also mention the map chat nightmare since the megaserver downgrade, as if you even dare to keep it on, all you see there are insults, racial jokes, sex jokes, meme, another insult, and the rotation continues. Dare to mention RP? It simply feels like turning on a homing missile beacon on yourself.

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

(edited by Asacledhae.2650)

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

I still haven’t been able to do the Lyssa event, since the megaserver update, for the trait. And I refuse to pay for a trait just because ANeT misled us about the megaserver not being implemented in Orr. Either put it on a schedule just like the other world bosses or get rid of the megaserver for Orr.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: VoiceOfUnreason.5976

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

I still haven’t been able to do the Lyssa event, since the megaserver update, for the trait. And I refuse to pay for a trait just because ANeT misled us about the megaserver not being implemented in Orr. Either put it on a schedule just like the other world bosses or get rid of the megaserver for Orr.

Yeah the unfortunate side-effect of implementing this system that their game wasn’t built around is that all those dynamic events no longer function as intended. No where is it more apparent than in Orr, where’s it’s become increasingly rare to find a temple attack event running and most of the troop movement stuff doesn’t happen because everything’s stuck in the “defend” state (that’s not counting the leadups to Balthazar of course, since that bugs every other day). You’d think a little more thought would have gone into how they’d adjust their content for these Megaservers. If they really thought everything would just work out when their game is based heavily around these dynamic events, they’re insane. But no, they probably thought that they could just half implement the feature and fix it over the next year or so, like they’ve done with all of their big additions thus far.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I’m sure its been said in 25 pages, but I just want to put in my 2 cents here since I seem to be in these forums more these days than the actual game. (That’s not even hyperbole. Think about that Anet.)

The MS thing is neat for ONE reason and one reason alone. I’ve seen more people on the map at odd hours of the night playing all over a map, and doing events, helping out etc. For some of the lower level maps, that’s actually kinda fun. For some of the mid level maps (levels 30-50) it can be downright helpful.

Over all though, its not a good thing for high level maps, world boss events, and most importantly server identity. As someone who has played a fair amount of WvW there USED to be a lot of gearing up for, getting hyped for, and getting organized for WvW while in a PvE map. This is categorically impossible now since, oh look, my potential opponent and their entire guild is standing right next to me and a few others from my server right before reset night.

I’ve also not tried to recruit for my small guild since I have to now ask if the person is even from SF and most times finding someone else from SF on my map is like finding a Yeti.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Leohan.1096

Leohan.1096

Someone still needs to tell anet just because you give a npc white hair does not mean they are old or look old.
NPC’s named Old Woman, look and speak like they are in their mid 20’s..lol

World Boss: Ulgoth the Modniir now active [Cloven Hoof Waypoint], if you would like to join party, let me know.
You don’t even get to do the pre-events anymore for this? sigh… one of the great world bosses done right ruined. Wish I could go from one side of the map to the other, and be rewarded for working at it.
sigh*, there is nothing to do, everything still dies in 1 second. Why did I even bother checking a world boss out after a month since mega server..lol
Still the same, borg/ botting style of play..lol
Waiting for a timer to countdown, instead of progressing for killing enough foes and capping positions on a map, yeah that was boring, this is so much better..lol

Oh wait, I mean. come join my party, its super fun time here.
[Cloven Hoof Waypoint] champ to unlock the door, still dies in 3 seconds not even leaving the hut.
So many people here, I can’t even see the ground..lol
They took away more than 3/4ths of the events to do this world boss…lol
Delete content to play the game, sounds awesome.
Some say streamlines, I say what is wrong taking 10 minutes to do some pre-events.
Yup, I gave it another chance, Open World is still a giant joke, sticking with Dungeons, WvW and PvP for now :-0

Guild: Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]
World: Isle of Janthir (NA)

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Mapping has turned into a nightmare, tbh. I get that some people are happy about the maps being more “populated,” but when there’s 10 people camping 10 mobs, or just a few items that count toward a heart, it takes for-freaking-ever to finish said heart.

Despite being on TC, I never had this problem before. Maps were populated, but not overly so.

It doesn’t help that with the new scaling, 80s kill low to mid level mobs in just a couple of seconds. I constantly have to try to stop attacking after one or two hits so others can get a tag on a mob. Not everyone is this considerate though, and it doesn’t work so well on classes that one or twoshot mobs.

Found myself unable to use phantasms on my mesmer when I was finishing PvE mapping, since they’d oneshot mobs and leave other players SOL.

Honestly, you need to lower the softcap for maps.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

I’m not certain this is the right thread to post about the meta events. Anyway, I really like how you (Anet) have changed Shadow Behemoth, although I wish some of the horde in front of him would break off and help do portals. But, at least it is challenging to a degree.
On the other hand, one one my mesmers tonite I did the pre-events for the Jungle Wurm (which you’ve also changed – however the changes made have made it a tad more chaotic) a mesmer cast Feedback on the Great Jungle Wurm. This caused the event to be over in perhaps 5 seconds, and the vast majority of the the people there did not receive credit, and obviously not a chest. IMO, a world/meta event boss should not be so easily killed by one skill of any class.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: Kestrelle.8165

Kestrelle.8165

I’m sure its been said in 25 pages, but I just want to put in my 2 cents here since I seem to be in these forums more these days than the actual game. (That’s not even hyperbole. Think about that Anet.)

I keep checking forums to see if there is any progress made to the WB schedule and megaserver issues & rarely log into the game now. Specifically looking for answers to:

1. Have they removed the megaserver from places it patently doesn’t work eg Orr?
2. Have they reduced the soft cap in zones so that events aren’t over before they begin?
3. Have they made progress in removing/discouraging zerg content?
4. Have they done anything sensible about language options for EU players?
5. Have they labelled megaservers like districts, or given an option to opt out?
6. Have they amended the world boss schedule for EU/UK players?
7. Have they realised some of us chose lower pop on purpose and some don’t like zergs?
8. Have they made changes so that not only parties but guilds and squads stay together?
9. Have they changed the way guild missions/bounties etc work?

I’m not even mentioning RP, contested waypoints, nodes, increase in gold-sellers, destruction of community and several other things which I will remember after I post this.

(edited by Kestrelle.8165)

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

I keep checking forums to see if there is any progress made to the WB schedule and megaserver issues & rarely log into the game now. Specifically looking for answers to:

1. Have they removed the megaserver from places it patently doesn’t work eg Orr?
2. Have they reduced the soft cap in zones so that events aren’t over before they begin?
3. Have they made progress in removing/discouraging zerg content?
4. Have they done anything sensible about language options for EU players?
5. Have they labelled megaservers like districts, or given an option to opt out?
6. Have they amended the world boss schedule for EU/UK players?
7. Have they realised some of us chose lower pop on purpose and some don’t like zergs?
8. Have they made changes so that not only parties but guilds and squads stay together?
9. Have they changed the way guild missions/bounties etc work?

I’m not even mentioning RP, contested waypoints, nodes, increase in gold-sellers, destruction of community and several other things which I will remember after I post this.

To answer your questions in short? No.

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

So is the more frequent disconnect thing some result of increased server load from new players or something? Is it because the existing tech wasn’t actually meant to consistently have the player counts per-instance that’s been achieved with Megaservers? Or is there something inherently wrong with the Megaservers which is causing a new issue to appear?

Posted by: Stormkiller.8497

Stormkiller.8497

One issue I am noticing with the megaserver system is that it is difficult to be on the same map as other guild members. This makes guild mission coordination very difficult. When we try to get a group of 30-50 guild members all in the same map to complete a guild mission, (bounty, puzzle, challenge, rush) 90% of the time we get split between multiple maps and the only way to get together is to break groups and “taxi” into the same map. This becomes a problem with newer players who don’t understand how the system works and also frustrates more experienced players to the point where they just give up. This frustration is ruining players’ gaming experience and ruining the experience of being part of a guild. A positive and fun experience in a guild is what keeps players coming back and I, as well as other guild members, feel that the difficulty surrounding having guild members all in the same map is causing players to lose interest in being part of a guild and ultimately losing interest in playing the game.

Posted by: Nethod.7068

Nethod.7068

How exactly do you respond to the proper forum section regarding megaserver? I see the link the dev gave, but it seems there is no response option

Mercellas,
Guardian, Chef

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

Guesting is working as it used to pre-feature patch, limited to two “servers” (even though megaserver tech still seems to be active, at least in Gendarran) per 24 hours.

Has the unlimited/biased system been removed, or is this an unintended bug?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

How exactly do you respond to the proper forum section regarding megaserver? I see the link the dev gave, but it seems there is no response option

Devs of real power haven’t as much as sneezed in our general direction for over a month.

Posted by: spacecase.8796

spacecase.8796

well its been running for over a months and its just as big a mess as it was on rollout..megaserver is a good idea but not the way anet did it..what should of happened is the homeworlds server amount reduced and all guesting and overflows were dealt with on megaserver..that way guild mission would still work and the smaller guilds wouldnt be punnished for being small and the largerguild would be able to have their members in same map instance..and then when you needed more ppl to do events like Teq,EvoWurm,Kraka and so on there is megaserver..it would also give the communities there homes back and the WvW could be done in open chat again and recruitment would be easy..this gives u the reduction in server loads and the increase in maps where there isnt any content so its just ppl mapping and node farming can join MS or when a homeworld map is 100% empty from that world u just go MS until enough from same server goes there and opens HW map..gettin rid of the QD train has good and bad points but as always with anet when changing things they use a hammer not a scapol..sometimes being delicate makes the changes more acceptable!!..thought id copy this onto here aswell

Posted by: Cosine.1786

Cosine.1786

Unfortunately this is likely a small, but significant number of players to whom this is a major problem. But, because they’re not the majority, fingers will (again) be put in ears until they eventually drift away.

Karuna.1357

It is not a small number of players. Also, the number of players who view megaservers as a major problem also make up a large percentage of the active community in the game (compared to those who are just passing through until the next big game comes out).

These are supposed to be feedback threads. My only hope is that they are taken seriously.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Without server identity, what happens to wvw orientated guilds? How do they recruit? Why would wvw orientated people even bother choosing a server that’s not wvw orientated, if they are thrown in a pve melting pot anyway?

What’s going to happen to large scale role-play?

Are the events going to be able to scale to zerg levels? I’m thinking betas all over again in some maps.

Hard core boss events, and the community around them?

The lag? Some of us are on low population servers for a reason.

And what about the languages?

A month later, a quick review of the issues that affect me personally.

My small little server had about 8 medium to “large” (for our server) wvw guilds. We now have 3 medium guilds, the rest migrated servers. They had absolutely no reason to stay on a lower bronze server, because the server only exists in wvw now. Of those remaining, the numbers in the guilds are dwindling as well. The most active of the “medium” guilds can only field 20 people at a time on a good day lately. We can’t recruit efficiently to shore our numbers, and we can’t rally our pvers to our cause (because balthazaar knows what overflow shard they’re on)

The zerging is an issue, but seems to be wai as Anet scream their own praises.

Lag is the bane of my existence. I lag out daily now, having to restart the game client occasionally, loading screens can take minutes. And whenever the zerg gets anywhere near my position, my fps takes a major dip. At least we don’t have any massive zergs in wvw, so I can play there! Just me and a buddy or two, its almost a co-op game.

The language fix seemed stupid, but with all the trash talking in the map chat on megaservers, its kind of moot as I just ignore chat more often than not. On the brightside, I can say something ridiculous and get a major audience and a good uproar whenever I want. Thanks for supporting the troll inside of me.

All in all, I alt f4 every time I play, and I play less and less. Probably just going to call it a good run while it lasted. But before I go, my power of prediction seems strong n this thread, so let’s try again! I predict wvw will recieve a full eotm treatment due to “the success that the megaserver and edge of the mist has had. Also, to commemorate this moment, the new Culling armor is available in the gem store! Look like a generic character model whenever you want!”

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

Overall, I like the Megaservers. As an improvement, I would like to see districts as they had in the first GuildWars. Created as populations increased in zones. Drop down menu, you could chose which district to join. Guilds could gather on a less populated district do do missions, RP’s could do the same. They could even go so far as to make permanent language-specific districts.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

Posted by: vikke.8927

vikke.8927

Please make a pve queue, for example i have been clicking in about half an hour AGIEN, just to play a little queens pavilion and have some fun with friends. But i cant really as the chance of getting into the server i soo small please make some sort of queue or something. Just change that please.

EDIT: the system so that you can join is so luck based too

(edited by vikke.8927)

Posted by: DogJustin.5270

DogJustin.5270

Unless we are in the same party, is it possible to join friends/guildies instances like r-click on thier name?

Posted by: BIG bad Bull.5690

BIG bad Bull.5690

What’s bothers me the most since the april feature patch is, that I can no longer play the things I want to play with who I want to play.
Let me explain
In March I really started dooing world bosses on a more regular basis. Namlt Tequatl and 3headed wurm. don’t really do the others that much as it’s mainly Zerging.
Thanks to the fixed schedule the only one really in range is the wurm, but it’s a verry close call eg. in the last 2 weeks I never was on time.
Then when I’m on time it is really hard to get in the instance that i want thanks to the megaserver Mechanism. And each time it got worse to get in.
If you think about it, it is even logical.
As I only play with those people at these events, I’m lower on the list to get in.
When the MS started to kick in I saw a couple names in “my map” , but as they played also Teq together or do wurm more frequent, they apparently have a higher chance to get in the instance. If you follow the MS login (grouping people who play a lot together) This will only get worse.
Another downside is the loss of the different worlds, not really the worlds for PvE only but definitely the language mixup.
Thankfully we now have the Festival & Gauntlet back and LS season 2 to do something different.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Unless we are in the same party, is it possible to join friends/guildies instances like r-click on thier name?

Yes, BUT, you may have to do it several times depending on whether that instance is soft or hard-capped at the time.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: BIG bad Bull.5690

BIG bad Bull.5690

Yes, BUT, you may have to do it several times depending on whether that instance is soft or hard-capped at the time.[/quote]
trying to join in for the better part of an hour and then see the event staring without me.
Been there 20 times, and got 3 times in.
of thoses 3, 2 in the first week, 1 in the second week and none thereafter.
I say : “yep mega server is really starting to kick in” and i’m loosing my plce to people where prob half isn’t from Gandara (my world, but hey worlds are lost anyway except in WvW).

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Can we please have at least one zone that isn’t on the Megaserver?

There have been countless times the past few weeks when some of us wanted to leave WvW to call out in map chat and try to get more people interested…but oh, right, there’s no guarantee anyone from our server would actually see it.

Honestly, it’s been asked for over and over and over since you dumped this clusterkitten of an “improvement” on us. There are numerous reasons why giving us a world-specific zone would go a long way to remedying the problems associated with the Megaserver. I miss my server community and people being able to call out for WvW in LA. Please consider this.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Posted by: Saveloy.4196

Saveloy.4196

Every week I play, I see less and less people I know.

Sure, part of the reason might be the headstart of Wildstar right now. But it doesn’t explain the previous weeks since the implementation of Megaserver.

Piken Square is built on communities even more than most servers. And the Megaserver severed those communities, unless each person had hundreds of names on their friendlist and they didn’t mind spending a good deal of time getting people into the same shard.

I really want to know, who was the clever developer that believed that megaservers are the new best thing on the market? It didn’t work out for ANY mmorpg. For games like battle simulation and such it makes sense, since you don’t care a lot to keep interacting with most of those people.

It might be just me seeing things, but it seems that Megaserver makes people leave the game.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

This is a standard popular event now. A swarm of people standing around, waiting for three to four (GASP) trash mob to appear. Maybe even 10 of these players will manage to get their loot from the aforementioned trash. If they play zerkers. No, really, if the megaserver is here to stay (and it is ;/), we need a massive scaling rework.

Attachments:

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

This is a standard popular event now. A swarm of people standing around, waiting for three to four (GASP) trash mob to appear. Maybe even 10 of these players will manage to get their loot from the aforementioned trash. If they play zerkers. No, really, if the megaserver is here to stay (and it is ;/), we need a massive scaling rework.

So we’ve basically now reverted to the greatest flaw in WoW’s (and those games like it) questing/PvE design. Camping a spawn in order to be the first to tag a rare/quest mob. It was something that GW2 originally prevented just by the very nature of its design. That alone proved to me that the game was a natural advancement of the MMO genre and that other games needed to follow by example. And now… it’s devolved into this. I feel like this game is going to go down in history as the biggest waste of potential.

Posted by: steviej.5768

steviej.5768

I agree that there are a lot of balancing issues that need to be resolved with the advent of the megaserver rollout and I’m sure Anet realizes that as well. They have already stated that they are working on the megaserver issues. With a motto of “new content every 2 weeks” a megaserver is required to keep lower level areas from becoming dead zones. I, personally, like seeing other players in the map I’m adventuring in so it was a great update for me. It’s nice to step outside of your normal party/guild circle and meet new people and I thank you for that!

However, I also feel there could be a little more communication from the devs to help quell all the doomsayers and “I’m gonna quit playing” threats that are littering the forums. Not everyone has the patience required or takes into consideration that there is a lot of reworking to do that will take a lot of time on top of new content and bugfixes being released.