Game Updates: Traits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Aye, that is probably a slight oversight, and should indeed be fixed.

ANet did a pass on the trait unlock tasks already. For instance, Frostgorge zone completion was a task to unlock an Adept trait and has been removed. If you actually look at what’s left after that pass took effect, you see that the Adept trait unlocks require a range of content from below L36 to L60, Master traits require tasks from below L60 (when they unlock) up to mid-70’s, and GM traits are level-gated for mid-70’s to 80.

That does not seem like an oversight, it seems like a system designed to spread trait acquisition across the entire range of levels.

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Gaile’s post suggests that we will have some definite answers concerning Traits in the months to come.

We know that in the expansion progression will be account bound.

The core game needs to be compatible with the expansion, so it’s reasonable to hypothesize that the trait system will be subject to a revamp before the expansion is out.

Personally, I hope that after unlocking them once, they are account bound.
I would settle for “no changes, but now trait guides cost 1/10th of the current price” :-p

Anyway, let’s also keep in mind that in these months traits have been changed, removing the map completion ones. So I would say that it’s not fair to say that the problem is being ignored.

Lastly, we know that the living story is in hiatus for a significant number of months. I think that there is a definite chance a feature patch comes out in a few months, with improvements on particularly important aspects of the game.

Considering the time difference between April ‘14 and September ’14 I wouldn’t discount the possibility of the next one being near.

(edited by Maxwell.7843)

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Anyway, let’s also keep in mind that in these months traits have been changed, removing the map completion ones. So I would say that it’s not fair to say that the problem is being ignored.

You must have different trait tasks than I have, because I still have six traits tied to six map clears.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

You must have different trait tasks than I have, because I still have six traits tied to six map clears.

My bad, I was referring to those in this post.

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

Good God. I’ve never played as an Elementalist before so thought I’d give it a go. Whilst I’m loving the class, this new trait system is absolutely dire. It makes levelling a new character more of a chore than fun, and isn’t playing a game it supposed to be fun?

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I don’t really understand why all the vets feel the need to speak for new players…

I played this game a little when it first launched but was busy with college and had to give it up before really getting into it. Recently however I decided to come back now that things have calmed down for me here.

As such I came here basically as a new player who has never done living stories, fractals, dungeons, WvW, cosmetic stuff, crafting or any map higher level than Gendarran Fields… but I DO remember the old trait system.

I actually don’t mind the new system at all. It’s kind of fun being able to go out hunt down those elusive points for your build and it gives you an entire extra platform of content to spend time on. I also like the little pop ups after each level gain that show what has unlocked. It breaks up the old grindy feel and makes me feel like I’m actually getting somewhere with my character finally.

I can’t speak for others on the matter and I’m sure not all the new players agree but I can speak AS a new player… I think that’s important.

tell me, will it still be fun on the second, third, sixth character?

I have no problem with hunting for traits…………….once.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

Created a new Thief yesterday to take advantage of the Double-XP weekend. Used a scroll to hit 20 then leveled my 2 crafts to 400 and got to 50. Even with doing that I still didn’t have enough Skill-points to get the skills I wanted and my 2 traits I could use.

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

After watching most of the Pax presentation, the information on the Mastery system seems relevant to the thread here as it appears to me to be Trait acquisition in a much better fashion for new zones.

- I think all we can hope for is they realise they HAVE to make the rest of the Trait system streamline with Mastery and they adopt the idea of Trait ‘points’ like Mastery points that can then be applied to whatever Traits you want ( and acquired from around the world but not a ‘specific event for a specific trait’) which then become account bound.

But until this is confirmed Heart of Thorns is off my table.

(edited by Rococo.8347)

Posted by: Kestrell.6952

Kestrell.6952

This whole thing was just the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. I don’t have much time to play with a full time job and a family. It’s a shame because I really liked this game. I came back hyped to level a new character and saw this change. It’s crippled leveling for me and I decided that my max level mesmer just wasn’t my thing… and I haven’t been back since. I spent a good amount of $$ every month, but the whole reason they did this was to keep new players, no matter what the vets felt about it. If new players like it, more power to them, but I’m not coming back until something is changed. Take the skillpoint cost completely out, lower the gold cost, I dunno. Since it’s been months and months since this idiot change came out, so it must be written in stone by this point. it sucks but I’m pretty sure I’m never going to play this game again.

Posted by: Krynos.1293

Krynos.1293

After watching most of the Pax presentation, the information on the Mastery system seems relevant to the thread here as it appears to me to be Trait acquisition in a much better fashion for new zones.

- I think all we can hope for is they realise they HAVE to make the rest of the Trait system streamline with Mastery and they adopt the idea of Trait ‘points’ like Mastery points that can then be applied to whatever Traits you want ( and acquired from around the world but not a ‘specific event for a specific trait’) which then become account bound.

But until this is confirmed Heart of Thorns is off my table.

I agree. I, and eventually all the guys I used to play with, quit after the new trait system was implemented. Just recently one of those guys started playing again and talked me into it. But now we only play our level 80’s. Alts are no longer any fun. Instead, leveling an alt is, as Tachyon said above, “a chore”, and is no fun. The new daily achievements make playing even level 80’s less fun as they too seem like a chore to do as opposed to the old dailies which got done by playing the game naturally where and how we wanted to play.

The only reason we still log on is because of the talk of “fixing” the trait system, or at least changing it. But if it turns out we still will not be able to trait our characters in a similar fashion as we used to while leveling, that it will still cost a fortune in gold, or that change doesn’t come til the HoT release, I at least will not be purchasing it. I’m not spending money on a game I can no longer have any fun playing.

(edited by Krynos.1293)

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

This current trait system and the current dailies system are the two main reasons that I am not exited in the least about the expansion. Until they provide specifics about their systems in the expansion, as well as for the changes they will do to the current trait system, then I will continue staying away from GW2. And that’s a bloody shame because I otherwise enjoy this game a lot (or used to anyway)

The ’specializations" mentioned in the expac intrigue me. However, I expect it to be much like the trait system. Same for mastery. So I have no plans to get the xpac.

Really a shame, this was probably the game I had the most fun in, till the trait change. My expectations are that the xpac will be more of the same. GW2 continues be a little diversion from the other game I play, as it has been since the trait change.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if they keep the unlock crap then they should at least make the account bound in a global sense, every trait unlocked according to roman nr + which row in attributes/per tier.
that way, every player who has already fully unlocked the traits ones has them all on every character, veteran players don’t have to fear because the grandfathered characters will do the unlocking for us.

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

1. I came back to gw2 about 1 month ago.
2. I decided to make a necro.
3. Hit level 37 or so with scrolls and some map completion.
4. Realized exactly how they had changed traits.
5. Lost all motivation to level.

That trait unlocking is the worst, dumb, shortsighted system I ’ve seen in a mmo in a long time.

It’s a bad system, period, fullstop. I have no desire to level anything up knowing I’ll have to unlock every trait seperately.

Anet seems to have the classic problem of corporations…………..nobody will tell the boss his ideas suck.

(edited by Godmoney.2048)

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

Hey folks,

Now that the HOT is out of the bag, we’re able to update this thread with more details. With the introduction of the new account based mastery system for end-game progression and growth in PvE, we’ll also be re-evaluating our other systems of character progression to ensure they match our over-all pillars and goals for Gw2.

In doing so: we’re going to be removing the current trait unlocking system currently on live and replacing it with a more simplified system that supports where skills-traits-specializations are going in the future. We’ll go into more details between now and the release of HOT on how skills, traits, and specializations will work in the new Gw2 world.

Thank you for all your passionate feedback on this topic – it not only helped our dev team lead to this decision, but has played a large role in helping us define how to build our exciting new account based mastery system for end-game progression in PvE as well.

Guhracie.3419

Colin, can you comment on a general time frame for this change? It sounds like you’re saying it won’t be until HoT is released, and that seems like a mistake.

Also, thank you very much for this update. This is extremely welcome news.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

Hey folks,

Now that the HOT is out of the bag, we’re able to update this thread with more details. With the introduction of the new account based mastery system for end-game progression and growth in PvE, we’ll also be re-evaluating our other systems of character progression to ensure they match our over-all pillars and goals for Gw2.

In doing so: we’re going to be removing the current trait unlocking system currently on live and replacing it with a more simplified system that supports where skills-traits-specializations are going in the future. We’ll go into more details between now and the release of HOT on how skills, traits, and specializations will work in the new Gw2 world.

Thank you for all your passionate feedback on this topic – it not only helped our dev team lead to this decision, but has played a large role in helping us define how to build our exciting new account based mastery system for end-game progression in PvE as well.

You, sir, have made my morning.

Have a cake.

Attachments:

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

Hey folks,

So, when can I use more than a single trait on my two new characters without having to force feed myself PVE content? Is this expected to happen when HOT comes out?

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Colin, can you comment on a general time frame for this change? It sounds like you’re saying it won’t be until HoT is released, and that seems like a mistake.

‘mistake’….

A mistake would be making no change. Don’t get too greedy.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: yasb.6592

yasb.6592

We’ll go into more details between now and the release of HOT on how skills, traits, and specializations will work in the new Gw2 world.

Are you serious? You had 8 months to “re-evaluate” this kitten, we don’t want more “details” between now and HoT, just change it already!

Guhracie.3419

‘mistake’….

A mistake would be making no change. Don’t get too greedy.

No. You don’t get to tell me what my expectations should be. It’s been almost ten months now. I’m not being greedy, I’m being incredibly polite.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

Extremely hesitant since all this character progression worries me but will be watching, with great interest.

let the sky fall

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Again, it’s better to make a meaningful change instead of just a quick fix, no?
Anyway, pretty hostile thread. I’ll leave you guys be.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Hey folks,

Please Colin…this time try to balance Ranger class and make it as strong as the other classes. Ranger F2 skills are 100 times weaker than other classes F2 skills . Moreover ranger survival skills are nothing compared to the ones of a thief or of an elementalist..for not to talk about warriors. Please make gw2 ranger community happy..after 2 years and half of pure pain…
Regards and good work Colin.

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Its a friendly thread Butch – probably the most congenial long term thread EVER on this forum – but you have to understand – people here have been fighting for a change for TEN MONTHS, only to have it conformed just now that any change to Traits wont happen at all until the xpac comes out which is slated by most people in the Industry for July/August.

It IS a mistake if that is what Colin has decided – it should be changed in the next patch now that its at least been officially admitted that its clusterkitten of some magnitude – and that they have already designed the solution. There is something really cynical about it – as an xpac is when the biggest amount of players will be creating new characters and going through the gated grind.

Colin if im wrong please pop back to clarify a little more because I really don’t think people on here will be feeling that grateful for another 7 months waiting…

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

better then nothing, i normally don’t just jump to conclusions till they have more info and i really hope the first thing they do is show this change first so we have something to look out for.

Posted by: yasb.6592

yasb.6592

better then nothing, i normally don’t just jump to conclusions till they have more info and i really hope the first thing they do is show this change first so we have something to look out for.

They should just make it accbound together with the balancing patch tomorrow and then tey can tell us whatever fancy broken mechanic they’ll give us with HoT

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Hey folks,

I like current trait unlocking system. It could use more work, but not enough for it to be removed completely.

A few minor additions would be enough to satisfy the masses.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

You can buy every single trait in the game at your profession trainer.

Thankfully the devs didn’t accept excuses to keep the trait unlocks as they are, and chose instead to actually listen to their players. If only the players themselves could do the same

Posted by: cyn.2157

cyn.2157

If this weekend has shown them anything, it’s that they shouldn’t be waiting until the xpac to release this kind of change. This weekend they did a double XP and massive sale on new accounts, and there were tons of account activation issues, preventing the new players from joining their friends who begged them to come, and enjoying the double XP. Those that did get in, were stumbling through this ‘new’ unlocking system that’s been in place these 9 months. Except norn characters, who couldn’t escape the lvl 1 instance unless they knew what guesting was and how to do it (a retired feature that’s still available) because a very recent change to the event was broken and not triggering, preventing progression.

The cardinal rule in software development is to NOT make any changes right before a big demo or influx of users – get the changes tested and live a few weeks beforehand, iron out the bugs, reduce the negative impact on players. We’re all alt-o-holics, make some changes and we’ll give them a run through. Many of us have been here from the beginning, and have played characters through the various incarnations. Some of us might even be willing to not pop a insta-lvl-20 birthday scroll (though probably fewer than you’d like!).

Lastly, thank you for changing this – how it is now, as you’ve seen, is widely disliked. There’s no logic to why a specific trait is unlocked from a specific event. I understand trying to get more players out and about, and I think the new dailies do that better (though some certainly dislike them) – keep this kind of “active server” stuff set to bonus things that people want to do, not one-time unlocks that they feel they have to do.

( I actually think the leveling progression itself was badly changed as well, even before you add traits into the mix- it’s become much too slow and stilted, I don’t feel heroic before at least lvl ~20, so it’s a good thing I have birthday scrolls! )

-Fade Nightshade (thief all the way, baby)

Posted by: Hamuko.3547

Hamuko.3547

Hey folks,

Since it’s part of HOT I’m guessing it won’t apply to people who don’t buy it. Does this mean they will continue to use the current system or will they lose access to traits?

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I like how when a dev posts in a thread about topic X about topic X, players immediately jump in and ask/cry/complain about and for anything relating to how their class is clearly too weak and needs to be fixed.

No wonder the devs never really communicate…

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

I think this is worth posting. It’s a trait system revamp theorycrafting I wrote some time ago:

>>>>Trat system revamp theorycrafting<<<<

Basically, the trait system is great, but it’s implementation was bad. Traits unlocking from doing content is awesome, but that content should be fun, not boring chores. Dynamic events are the best way to do this. Also, add an option to choose the trait you want from a limited selection, and maybe even let people get traits from a single event if they complete it in different days. Make it fun and friendly, not a grind.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Colin, thank you for the update! I’m looking forward to the new system.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Hey folks,

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You,

Finally a reply, finally saying that the traits will be changed in some way.

This makes me happy,…….I hope the change planned is good

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

Shoop da whoop! been putting off making new PVE toons for sooooo long now.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

I always thought Skill Points could be a way of doing the Trait system, each zone could have 1 Skill Point spot thats an event/challenge more so than a fight, or a fast talk.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

Hey folks,

Could actually kiss your entire staff on the face. My alts made post-trait-updates will finally get to be played in PvE. Thank you for working on this for us and for considering forum feedback <3 I’m excited to tell my new friend who picked up the game not to be discouraged by all the trait unlocking for her future alts.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

I always thought Skill Points could be a way of doing the Trait system, each zone could have 1 Skill Point spot thats an event/challenge more so than a fight, or a fast talk.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: slashwave.7362

slashwave.7362

The context to the trait unlocking, based on events was kinda nice, not being able to choose which trait/event you’d get wasn’t.
Unlocking itself doesn’t have to be bad, the current system is just too tedious and doesn’t lend itself well to the GW2 world where one can play in any region while progressing.

If there is some kind of unlock it would be nice if it supports the “play as you want” philosophy as in “play where and what you want”.

For instance, completing personal story steps would be a nice place to unlock traits of your choosing, while having the option to unlock them during open world content or WvW & PvP as well.

Great to see that the system will be revamped, I haven’t unlocked any traits willingly on new 80’s but I did stumble upon one or the other trait while running around the world.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I hope it includes some profession-wide unlocks so altaholics don’t have to unlock things a thousand times.

(I swear there’s someone editing people’s posts. I wrote "altaholic, and when I reload after a while, I see it change to “alcoholic” as the page reloads)

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: aRestless.6213

aRestless.6213

You mean like the current blue skill points on the map, with similar tasks, but granting a trait instead of a skillpoint?

That’s actually a pretty cool idea.

Never lose track of your friends again, with Who’s Talking for Overwolf

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

Hey folks,

I’m happy the system is to be completely revamped, and happy there is a proper confirmation of this.

That said, I’ll pass on handing you the traditional cookie of good service – 9+ months of this fiasco has simply made me feel that, despite this result and your protestations, that feedback is not all that valued. Mainly from this thread, but other notable ones, and I hate to bang on about it, but Anet seeming only to move into gear on a certain other issue when the gaming sites got involved, further fuelled by us learning your statement, and intention to change from them a clear hour before we got it from you. To me, the huge delay, and silence here are not made up by this statement, and likely not by its implementation. Thats not to say it is lost forever. But this thread and it’s direction, and Anet’s mostly lack of any response has made me not only respect and trust Anet less, but has made me less hyped for wat else is in development, for fear of another kitten-up like this.

I’d also like to share some level of interest as to the timeframe. Are you saying that Gaile’s purposefully and correctly vague timescale is out the window as well? I’m not of the midn that HoT will be released in that timescale,a nd would be madness to think that. Your post suggests that the trait revamp will come at a similar time to HoT’s release. Considering we’ve been out in the cold, and many are disillusioned after over 9 months of this mess entirely of Anet’s making, do you think it is right now to ask us to wait what could be another 6 months or so of this? Usually I understand timescales can change and it is perhaps dangerous to suggest one prematurely, but here, after so long, but here, it has already been over 9 months. You want us to hang on here on the promise of a much better change, but to paraphrase that great sage of our time, Mr Sirius Black, We did out waiting. 9 months of it. In this silent purgatory. On a personal level I’m entirely disillusioned with the game at the moment. I log in to collect my rewards and thats it. I frankly couldn’t give a rat’s behind about anything about the game at the moment. And a huge part of that is i feel punished for making a lot of alts with this system. I’m just hanging on til hoT, and will give it a go, but not as excited as I otherwise would have been. I haven’t bought gems for quite a while, and I will continue to refuse to support this game while this system remains, despite your seemingly sincere words.

As for our passionate feedback, well, I’m sure we appreciate the words. But it has been this passionate for 9 solid months, and a lot of the feedback on this issue was all stated in the first weeks. We’ve been parroting the issues since. If it’s taken you 9 months of the same arguments to realise a change is needed, i worry for the continued future of the game.

Just to summarize and reassert, Your words are heartening in the detail of a revamp, but even more disconcerting as you suggest a far longer timescale than what we got recently. Ultimately, the change will be welcome, if done right, but it does not by any stretch solve the issues of being devalued as a player and customer that I feel, nor does it ultimately restore my enjoyment of the game, or trust in ANet. In time, that may return, and I will try to give that chance. I still love the game. But at the current moment, I have no sense of happiness or elation here. I don’t feel suddenly valued or that Anet have finally seen the light. 9 months is long enough, and while details are coming, i think one of the first must be how many more months we have to continue to wait.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

This is even better news than HoT! They should remove the restrictions immediately, especially since there’s a lot of new players that just bought GW2.

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

Hey folks,

It remains to be seen, what the current system will be replaced with. I am not celebrating yet.

The current system was hailed as being this new, awesome, and improved thing. I feel quite the opposite, personally. So, I have become a skeptic and reserve judgment . We have been told the current system will be removed but what will we end up with?

Very welcome news that the current system is going away but as I do not know what this truly means I am still not excited. It would be very easy to get excited about this, but I have disliked everything that has been done since the trait change except the free and immediate respec. Experience has made me quite wary.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

You mean like the current blue skill points on the map, with similar tasks, but granting a trait instead of a skillpoint?

That’s actually a pretty cool idea.

I’ve been recommending something like this for a while now.

But now, red post has me curious. Curious mostly about when this debacle is going to finally end, so I can make another alt.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

I hope this doesnt take months.
Just remove the unlock BS right now and unlock all traits.

Its not just a dumb system, its also incredibly poorly implemented.

There is no overview of what to get where, no map icon that says “get trait here” so you actually get those while playing as usual.
You literally have to check every single trait for the location, then go there and pray its not a group event.

Whoever came up with this never actually played this game.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Hey folks,

i like that you found this thread useful, but what parts? It would have been good if you could have sounded off to us what you gathered were the most important points causing the trait system to feel flawed. Because a lot was said, not sure if we really are on the same page.

So far the main link i see, is account bound, anyhow i hope this change will be a good one, that answers the needs of the players, not all the changes we saw in 2014 hit this mark well imo.

Posted by: ThanatosAngel.8024

ThanatosAngel.8024

Hey folks,

Thank you Colin, for finally telling us that something will be done to fix this system. However, there are few more issues regarding the current traits system that I feel for me personally (and a few others, given how this thread started) is the bigger issue than trait unlocking:

My biggest issue was having to level up to 30 in order to start using traits, then waiting every six levels to gain a new trait point. Even on grandfathered characters, this can be very grating. I still remember that terrible sinking feeling I got when I first logged on back on April 15th and found that my alts either lost a large amount of trait points in the process, or were locked out entirely from using traits at all. It makes the leveling process feel slower when playing a sub-level 80 character, and I know I relied on traits heavily when leveling my engineer and thief.

A solution to this matter that I and many others have put forward in this thread is to have traits become available at level 15 and gain a new trait point every five levels, with Master traits unlocking at 40 and Grandmaster traits at 60. This is much closer to how traits progressed before the April update, and it feels more natural than gaining a point every six levels, then suddenly two points after level 66. Multiples of five is just better and cleaner in my opinion—it makes it easier to determine when you’ll next earn a trait point.

Now, I obviously don’t know what you have planned in mind, and you could very well have decided all this already, but I just want to point out that this could still be an issue going forward if not changed as well.

Also another concern: will we need to wait until HOT’s release before changes are implemented? We’ve already been waiting so long; it would be a huge disappointment to have to wait even longer before something concrete is done. And the longer you wait, the more gold and skill points players will waste on unlocking traits that may become free when the new expansion releases. Wouldn’t it be more fair to see this update come well in advance of HOT?

Once again, thank you for addressing our concerns, Colin!

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

“A more simplified system”. hmmm I know I heard that phrase before, just can’t put my finger on it….

On the plus side, I’m really enjoying myself playing the-game-that-must-not-be-named.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

That is basically what we have now: having to unlock every single kitten trait with some arbitrary event at the kitten end of the world.

It sucks.

Traits are an essential part of character customisation, they MUST be available regardless of what kind of content I play.

Basically: skillpoints work because you unlock a quantity and its clearly visible on every map where to get them. Traits dont work because you unlock something specific, like saying you need to do a certain skill point challenge for every single utility skill you want, and none of those are marked on the map.

On top of that: I have yet to see anybody that really likes this system. I see a lot of posts that hate it and some that are ok, but nobody is truly having fun with it.

(edited by Arkinos.7245)