Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

I transmuted a headgear item on my char, un-equipted it to do the same to another, and when I tried to re-equipt the first item I was prompted to use a transmute charge! For a item that had already been transmuted! WTF is this?

If we have to transmute everytime we change gear this wardrobe system is already a epic FAIL!!!

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

^ THIS ALL OF THIS! I am a lot of disapoint about this. I thought we would spend a charge on an item and be able to change to it over and over at no charge after 1st time.

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

there is no change in the currency of changing a skin, just the user interface for it.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Must be a bug if true (still patching). Maybe you were trying to change it from the wardrobe? Or did you double click it in your bag/equip screen?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

You guys just didn’t understand. It was obvious you’d have to pay each time, just like the current system. No reason for anet to give up such a huge source of their income.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Greetings,

If you have feedback, issues, or questions, please use this thread, based on this post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014/first#post3896029

Please do not create duplicate posts, as it makes it more difficult for us to gather your feedback in a timely and organized manner. Thank you for your understanding.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Purechaoz.3401

Purechaoz.3401

Hey there,

What I mean by Tribal Armor is the PvP set of Masquerade. I haven’t been able to get on to the game yet, but I’m curious if anyone knows about it. I’ve always wanted to use it in PvE, but it remained a PvP-only skin. With the new integration of PvP skins into PvE, I’m hoping that it does not just vanish, but rather becomes a new armor set in PvE.

If anyone has info, let me know!

I shall be logging on soon, hopefully.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

You guys just didn’t understand. It was obvious you’d have to pay each time, just like the current system. No reason for anet to give up such a huge source of their income.

I think you misunderstand the OP he was trying to re-equip an item already transmuted, hence he was charged for trying to equip an item.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Huck.1405

But I had already transmuted the item!

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

previous with pvp locker we could change outfit all day long at no charge, now we have to pay all the time, charges better be very common if they dont change it

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’ve just tried it, I am getting no prompts for charges on equipping gear. Only when transmuting and using dye (the latter is is 0 cost anyway)

Shifu.4321

You might be trying to equip it from the wardrobe?

Posted by: Fredgerd.3204

Fredgerd.3204

Alright, now that I’ve checked everything out more thoroughly, outfits are working as hoped, and my only complaint is the confusing pop up with dyes, “this will cost 0 transmutation charges.” Why include it if you don’t have any cost to do so? Its just a nuisance and initially confusing as well. Other than that, changes are awesome and big props to the team that made the wardrobe system!

On top of this it wants a charge for every dye change too. If this isn’t a bug ANet just seriously screwed us. Gonna test later to see if stones are at least still farmable from map completion. Barring that I’m out until this gets reverted.

(edited by Fredgerd.3204)

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

On top of this it wants a charge for every dye change too. If this isn’t a bug ANet just seriously screwed us. Gonna test later to see if stones are at least still farmable from map completion. Barring that I’m out until this gets reverted.

people need to calm down, look at the cost. it says 0

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

No it is not asking for that at all. It says clearly 0 charges.

Posted by: Fable.9328

Fable.9328

So this was supposed to bring about new customizing ability to the loyal fanbase of GW2? Think again, Anet.

I know I’m not the only one who feels this way but let’s start off with the fact that as of the moment you do NOT appear to be able to dye your town clothes. Yesterday when I logged out I had a lovely pink and white set up for my little girly Asura in her default town clothes that you get upon starting the game. Today when I logged in, her outfit was turned into a tonic that is PERMANENTLY stuck on black and red! No. I don’t want to be black and red. I want to be pink and white.

One of the things I enjoyed about this game and looked forward to for this coming patch was the ability to play dress up with my characters. I do NOT want to be told “lol, no you can’t dye those clothes anymore because they’re tonics! Trolololo!” This goes for the “retired” clothes as well like the blouses and the hoodies and the short shorts.

Speaking of which, I used to run with a hoodie and shorts on my other Asura and I felt pretty grease monkeyish in it and loved it thoroughly. When I hop onto that character am I going to find out to my horror that I can no longer mix and match these two things because “LOL TONICS!!”?!

You boasted being able to stand out in the crowd, Anet. You said we’d be able to make amazing combinations to suit our cosmetic appetites. You were /wrong/. And after reading a lot of public chat in Divinity’s Reach, a good number of your players are outraged.

Yes, I am angry right now, yes I will calm down, but there’s also talk of people who are going to quit the game because they won’t be getting their gems back for outfits they bought in multiples that now is turning out to be wasted money. How, in the name of all that is holy, could you have ever thought this was a good idea?

I’m sure there are just as many who disagree with me and don’t mind the changes, which is fine. To each their own, right? But the people who care about how their character looks during, oh.. say.. role play? Photo shoots? This is a terrible oversight and feels outright lazy and neglectful. Especially since the town clothing, even if you’re okay with not being able to dye it, has a 15 minute timer. “Whoops, I suddenly appear to be in armor. Let’s break immersion while I quickly reactivate my tonic!”

This rant is done for now. Feel free to agree or disagree, but I primarily hope any responses to this topic will be about your feelings as a player about the change and not about my ranting.

~Fabldabl

Shifu.4321

After logging in, I came to the conclusion that you were changing it from the wardrobe tab instead of the equipment tab.

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

Correct:

- Unused skins can still be applied to any piece of equipment without asking for a charge.
- Used skins will need a charge if you want to have the appearance converted to another item (just like before)
- Used skin that is in your inventory won’t require a charge if you simple equip it

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

people need to calm down, look at the cost. it says 0

Well thats utterly stupid UI then.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Danyna.4798

Danyna.4798

With this, I agree. I enjoyed having a lovely noble look with colours with the winter town cloth set and wear glasses. Now I can’t and make upsets me more that, I can’t do that anymore and I’ve lost the glasses I had. Why break something that wasn’t broken and was perfect for role players and/or anyone that just enjoyed the previous town clothes.

Personal, I expect a replacement or a refund for the items that have been lost by ArenaNet’s hands and this goes for anyone. I will not be spending any more money until it’s been sorted. This is unacceptable.

~Danyna

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Trust me, the people that used town clothing mind the changes. Pretty much unanimously. The people that didn’t use town clothing, do not care.

Also, gem refunds. Big whoop. I’d like an actual cash refund back. This is a huge mess. I’m going to have to spend my free time tallying up all of my clothing/tonics (aka boxing gloves) that I need refunds for.

You really just couldn’t leave the —-————- system alone, could you?

Posted by: Purechaoz.3401

Purechaoz.3401

The armors that exist in PvP, and are not attainable through PvE, are those now gone forever, unless you already earned them? That hasn’t been discussed on any forum post, etc to my knowledge by a dev.

If a dev could let us know what will happen to those skins, that would be awesome.

Much thanks in advance.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It would be nice if they picked some of these up and made them available for PVE considering the lack of added skins for non-temporary content that’s come out over the past 2 years. I’d like to see some of these available in the wardrobe and would love to get a response from the devs when they get a chance.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Pretty sure PvP “Masquerade” has it’s design changed to PvE “Masquerade”.

Posted by: Yvenne.7081

Yvenne.7081

Not to mention those that have to wear heavy armors, and had a nice town clothes outfit set up for their character in-town or in RP scenarios where they wanted downtime. Now I can’t even get a skin that isn’t permanently big and bulky and covered in metal. I had a country shirt and riding pants. Well FORGET THAT!

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

My PvP Masquerade is unlocked. But right now, I have no idea how you can obtain it.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

mm im having quite an enjoyable time reading these roleplaying rants. please go on.

Posted by: Dino.3680

Dino.3680

I had spent countless hours and a lot of gems —purchased by real money, not converted from gold-- on making and buying a set of town-clothes which was perfect for my Mesmer. But with the tonics as they are now i cannot wear these pieces together.
So all that money and time i used to create a perfect look for my Mesmer is now wasted.
Answer me honestly Arena-net. Do you think it is fair to first take money from someone by allowing them to mix a set of clothes to perfection, for then to deny them the opportunity to use those clothes in the combination they were bought for?

I honestly feel i have been scammed here.

Kind regards. ~Dino

Posted by: Buford.2954

Buford.2954

Even the clothes that are dyeable aren’t worth bothering with. There are 4 dye channels for the Wintersday outfit – the whole outfit – and the channel for the trim on the top is not the same as the channel for the trim on the skirt, so making the trim on the bottom white makes a completely different part of the top white. There is pretty much nothing I can do to get my old color scheme back, and as such I’m going to ask for a refund on an item that no longer functions properly. Seriously, only 4 channels that function for the WHOLE outfit? How was that in any way a good idea?

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Take a deep breath and submit a refund ticket. They’ve already posted a sticky explaining that they are offering refunds.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Huck.1405

After logging in, I came to the conclusion that you were changing it from the wardrobe tab instead of the equipment tab.

My equiptment tab only has weapons, not duds.

If I have to transmute everytime I want to change out a item, I’m going to be un-installing this game real kittening quick!

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Town Clothes
1. Tonics unacceptable
1. Not dyeable unacceptable
1. not mixable unacceptable
2. Ratio for charges I think I read is quite bad when compared with earlier versions.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Metallus.7690

Metallus.7690

I am missing some skin that I previously trasmuted. For example, on my engineer I had bought the full SE set, equipped it (it comes as souldbound anyways) and trasmuted chest and gloves to another skin.

Now the chest and gloves skins, which I had trasmuted to something else back then, are missing. The same goes for every other item which followed this course.

Also, I had unlocked all mesmer’s starter masks, equipped them on my main mesmer, trasmuted them to exotic gear, equipped such gear (so soulbound them) and since I heard that you were going to introduce this wardrobe system, I was like “oh well, then I no longer need this duplicate zerk mask, I’ll salvage it”. Now I’m missing the masks and I cannot create another mesmer because I’ve finished character slots.

Always on mesmer, I once had the dragon helm skin (from dragonbash living content). I had trasmuted a zerk mask to it, equipped it and then decided to salvage it since it was redundant. Now I’m missing said skin.

I hope you can sort this out

Kind regards

Posted by: Thorn.7963

Thorn.7963

Terrible. PVP players got completely screwed by this change.

Just another way of forcing us to pay for Gems, huh ANet?

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

With the addition of the Wardrobe system and the removal of the PvP locker, players will receive one Transmutation Charge for every PvP rank they have achieved.

Bugged, r45 and didn’t get anything.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Posted by: Edusd.7893

Edusd.7893

I had some ascended armor that I had transmuted with cultural armor before the patch. Now that transmutation splitters are removed from the gem store, how can I separate them for account bound usage?

-mredus.deviantart.com-

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Ha, I just realized I’ve been playing barbie for the last while, kinda embarrassing ><

(edited by Fletch.3572)

Posted by: Nitrous Oxide.5326

Nitrous Oxide.5326

Hi, I have to express my displeasure with a few elements of the patch.

I just started playing a week ago, so my opinion might not be as much value as a longtime player, but nonetheless I feel compelled to share in hopes that you might listen.

First issue, I am perplexed as to why you guys decided to move traits to level 30. My main character just recently hit level 30, and let me tell you, before I got my traits at level 11, I couldn’t even kill things! Now I log on to my level 12 Elementalist and try to continue my story… yikes, RIP my 20 Vitality that was saving me from sure death every time I ran into 3 mobs.

Basically, why are you making the game slower for low levels? This game is years old, and I want to get to 80 as fast as possible to play with my friends and guildmates! I don’t want to come online and ask for a babysitter!

And transmutation stones, I had JUST purchased $10 worth to keep the Krytan armor you guys gave me as my PvE set until 80. I had 36 stones, good for replacing 6 sets (every 10 levels). Now I have 12. Oh, you gave me 5? How nice! Where’s my other 19?!

I’m really starting to regret buying this if these are the kinds of changes that are taking place with no regards to new players. Thanks.

Posted by: ZeroStatic.2176

ZeroStatic.2176

Edit: nvm
/15char

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

Town Clothes
1. Tonics unacceptable
1. Not dyeable unacceptable
1. not mixable unacceptable
2. Ratio for charges I think I read is quite bad when compared with earlier versions.

yes, I agree with you all the way!. I want refund on all outfits and pieces of town clothes i bought. I hate the undyeable stuff. the colors does not match my hair accessories. I was going to be “ok” with it if they let me dye it to match my hair accessories but nope! I am really upset!

Posted by: Factotum.2093

Factotum.2093

Town clothes converted into a tonic, now taking up space in the inventory, lost my original colouring, can’t apply dies to them, can’t put them on by pressing the “toggle town clothes” key.

I hope this is just (yet another) example of Arena Net’s lack of pre-release testing. If this is deliberate and “working as intended”, I guess they are actively trying to make people quit.

Posted by: MyNinjaPenguin.4358

MyNinjaPenguin.4358

So I had been saving my laurels to buy some dye packs, like usual. I’m always quite excited to see the many dyes I get after slaving away at my dailies. However, when I went to the laurel merchant to get 20 new dyes for my account with my 10 laurels, I discovered that they had now changed it so that it now takes 5 laurels to buy just ONE unidentified dye.

I’m EXTREMELY upset that I never saw any warning about that change in this patch, as I would have bought the dyes yesterday, and not missed out on 18 dyes. I will probably be playing less often if my laurels are worth so much less now…

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Why do we have to pay gems to use the skins that we already grinded for or paid real cash?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

You might be trying to equip it from the wardrobe?

That’s what I was thinking, using the wardrobe is not equipping the item folks.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Just remember, paying with real money funds development and you get this. Speak with your wallet, not text.

They are refunding certain things with gems, so you could be happy with that I suppose.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Danyna.4798

Danyna.4798

This patch has been upset.. :C Town clothes with dyes, ruined… Lose of items… Glasses! <3 I’ll miss them.. when I’ve already paid for them!

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

That just shows a general low understanding of economics.
Not only there are other ways to currently spend laurels on(T6 materials), eventually the market will balance itself out. Dye prices have a long way to increase with influx of newbies in the game( I think, at least, from the other side we have had more than enough dyes for everyone, but i’m not sure of that).
So that change is not to be worried about. Really. Just don’t buy dyes for a while now using laurels.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

What’s the point of the wardrobe when I still have to lug around alternate armour sets on all of my characters; just so I can use the skins without being charged every single time I swap? Please; download, install and launch LOTRO; look at their wardrobe system – you are not charged for every single outfit change and it works.

As for town clothes – ruined. I know they had clipping issues in combat, etc; but fixing those would’ve been better than tonics.

I apologise for the negativity… but even a quality of life update for cosmetics has gone wrong and turned into a marketing ploy.

Huck.1405

When I changed outfits on my Elemetalist I hadn’t saved the Sorcerer’s coat, pants, and boots that my char was wearing. I didn’t realize that they would just disappear like they did. A kitten expensive lesson!

Posted by: Johnny Rotten.3910

Johnny Rotten.3910

I am just posting to add my disappointment… Town clothes are unmixable and undyable?!?!?!?!!?!? That sucks really bad.

One of the great joys my wife has in GW2 are her mixed town clothes that she has bought from the gem store (e.g. shorts from one set combined with shirt from another set). And of course the ability to dye them… She likes them so much she changes into her town clothes any time she is not in combat waiting for the next fight in dungeons, PvE, guild events, etc.

Super bummed about this. Hope Anet will consider modifying this new town clothes mechanic.