Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yvenne.7081

Yvenne.7081

Just remember, paying with real money funds development and you get this. Speak with your wallet, not text.

They are refunding certain things with gems, so you could be happy with that I suppose.

That’s the thing, the Roleplayers DO speak with their wallet. They spend time and money farming for gold to get the perfect dye for that gemmed townsclothes outfit piece they bought. For the sake of their character looking nice when they decide to play in the towns, they will spend hours in the game, or crack open their real wallet to pay for the opportunity to use a specific outfit.

Posted by: Sasuke.2573

Sasuke.2573

Pretty sure PvP “Masquerade” has it’s design changed to PvE “Masquerade”.

No. PvP-Masquerade armor made its way in the wardrobe and is now called tribal-armor, got just unlocked the armor and tried it out on my char, works fine. Though i dont know if and how its available now after patch.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Read these, it is talked about it in there, and was posted about 24 hours ago.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014/first#post3896029

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Well, on a brighter note, the price of charges is at least reasonable.

Old Stone
5/125
10/225
25/500

Old Crystal
5/200
10/360
25/800

New Charges
5/150
10/270
25/600

I was hoping for between the two old ones, but feared they’d be as much as crystals, and they ended up being much closer to the old stones. And they’ll have sales periodically.

So the only real bummer from an alt perspective is it’ll still be a bit more pricey only getting 1 rewarded per zone (and still not sure if we get them in all zones) vs the 3 we used to get. That is still a step back.

But…I found something positive to talk about!

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I didn’t have any of the special town clothes, but just had the default starter set and the GW2 launch hat. Did these get removed?

Posted by: Thorn.7963

Thorn.7963

I’m not paying ANet a cent off their Gem Store now because of this.

Posted by: Astraea.2981

Astraea.2981

Take a deep breath and submit a refund ticket. They’ve already posted a sticky explaining that they are offering refunds.

Gem refunds. They could pay me back in twigs and pebbles and it would be just as valuable. But if I ask for my cash back, customer support will flush my account entirely, just like they did to my guild leader.

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I was really hoping the default town clothes could finally be used in combat. Instead they’re now a tonic (that’s unusable in combat) and undyable (and the dyes for them look really ugly too). I can’t stress how disappointed I am… >_>

Posted by: Zakrato.1098

Zakrato.1098

mm im having quite an enjoyable time reading these roleplaying rants. please go on.

I had more enjoyment about your rant on Legendary items being “Cosmetic only”

This however, as part of the post is supposed to be, am inclined to agree with the outfits mishaps.

Posted by: MyNinjaPenguin.4358

MyNinjaPenguin.4358

Sigh. Thanks, eisberg. I suppose they DID warn me, I just had to psychically know to check there in the last 24 hours.

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

Let me take a wild guess; bandits, nightmare court and the inquest have formed the “lawless alliance” and this is the armor they will wear.

Living Story Season 2 confirmed a repeat of the horrible story telling all through out 2013.

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

These patch notes were NOT posted a day ago. They were posted like 2 minutes before the patch went live. Why are you trying to fool us, Anet?

Posted by: Biaphynn.8291

Biaphynn.8291

This update kittened all the transmuted named items (racial armors and named weapons).
We want to see the real name of the item, not the name of the item used for the stats.

Posted by: TimberWolf.5297

TimberWolf.5297

Does it seem to anyone else that its just not worth using transmutation charges on any characters who are below level 80. Before it was pretty simple to keep your alts in whatever gear you liked. Now instead of the 6 stone (2/3rd charge) cost to change the look of your alt it costs 6 charges (18 stones).

Posted by: Bittie.6274

Bittie.6274

I’m pretty sure I’m in the same boat when it comes to being very update about the town clothes turning into tonics. Please for the love of all that is holy of your RP Fanbase and all the people who LOVED AND SPENT LOTS OF REAL LIFE MONEY ON THEIR TOWN CLOTHES change them back, put them back to HOW they used to be, dyeable, customizeable, different pieces into one set just put them back.. this is seriously the most dumbest thing that has happen, town clothes were perfectly fine how they were before they became tonics.

Le Bittie
No bro, that ain’t me. I ain’t about that life.

Posted by: Ogremindes.9786

Ogremindes.9786

I would be willing to spend a reasonable chunk of money to just be able to customise my characters’ appearance without faffing about with consumables. As it stands I’ve been playing on-and-off since beta and never once used the gem shop, largely because all the customization stuff are actually or effectively consumables.

If the gem skins were re-usable without using transmutation charges, I’d actually be inclined to buy them. If it were possible to spend charges to make a skin then-on usable for free on the account, I’d be all over it. As long as the customization is tied to a nickel-and-dime system, no matter how many transmutation charges are given out in the game world, I’m not going to put money into it.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m sure this will get buried in 1,000s of post, but as a suggestion, we could use a hot key that toggles the new outfits on and off.

We used to have one for town clothes, which I see is gone. Not sure why it wasn’t tied into the new outfit system, but it would be helpful to have that back.

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Must be a bug if true (still patching). Maybe you were trying to change it from the wardrobe? Or did you double click it in your bag/equip screen?

I changed it from the wardrobe.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Posted by: dawna.6290

dawna.6290

I had some PvP dungeon armor skins that were obtained via achievement chests. They are not in my wardrobe. Bug or intentional?

edit: checking now, many of these skins are there now. Not sure why they were not before but they are now.

Lexsíe
Darkhaven

(edited by dawna.6290)

Posted by: Tywele.7812

Tywele.7812

Items should be named after the skin not the base item. ANet pls!

The word “ranger” does not originate from the
word “range” but from “to range”.

Posted by: Broreale.8945

Broreale.8945

The old system for putting on Town Clothes was soooo much better, and there was nothing wrong with it. These clothes only really work if you can dye them.

I mean I only ever had the default town clothes but I still use them! And I only ever used them with the dyes! But these people who BOUGHT town clothes from you, ANet? They bought these items under the impression that they could be customizable. By denying this feature to your customers you are in effect swindling them, and changing the terms of your transaction AFTER taking their money.

But really, this shouldn’t be hard. Make town clothes dyeable. All of them. Get rid of the tonic system. The rest of the wardrobe system looks great to me but town clothes, especially, need to either be fixed or made how they were originally. THIS is unacceptable.

Posted by: bastien.7961

bastien.7961

I am very disappointed and upset by the change in the clothing systems!

I was very excited about the new wardrobe system. One of the most important aspects of the game for me is being able to customize the look of my character. I’ve spent just as much time mixing armor styles and dyes as I have fighting monsters. Looks are very important to me. After all, I’ll be spending all my time looking at my character, so it’s important that I enjoy what I’m looking at.

So as I said, I was very excited about the wardrobe system. But instead of a new, highly functional, easy to use wardrobe system, we got a muddled, confusing mess that breaks functionality and ruins the perfectly working Town Clothes system!

I loved my Town clothes and I enjoyed putting them on whenever I wasn’t in combat. But now that’s ruined. I’m OK with the idea of being able to wear Town clothes as armor, but to ruin the Town clothes system as a whole just to do that is ridiculous and unacceptable. The Town clothes were some of my favorite styles in the game, especially as my character is supposed to be a Noble. But now we have crappy tonics and broken functionality!

We don’t want refunds! We want our perfectly functional Town Clothes system back!

(edited by bastien.7961)

Posted by: enos.1580

enos.1580

I had some PvP dungeon armor skins that were obtained via achievement chests. They are not in my wardrobe. Bug or intentional?

A WHOLE bunch of my stuff in the pvp locker didn’t get converted. So I’m in the same boat.

I also had several gem store pieces vanish. Two head items and the entire witch outfit, nowhere to be found.

I bet their support is swamped with this ridiculousness, plus the refunds.

—Arakny, 80 Engineer
—Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

Specifically on the subject of the town clothing changes, and Anets only real response to offer refunds rather than engage with the players. Taken from another thread that got locked before I could post this reply and was directed here.

While it is good of Anet to offer those refunds (and really expected given the level of changes), it still doesn’t explain their decision to make such sweeping changes like that.

A lot of customisation options have just been summarily gotten rid of. And for what? Surely this new system could have been made to maintain the previous functionality? To many, it just seems to be laziness at best or at worst contempt and lack of consideration to players who have supported the game by using the gem store. I can’t imagine going out of the way to annoy those who ultimately pay your bills is a good plan. But hey, feel free to brush aside the sense of betrayal by directing to a refund thread. If they were after gems back, surely they wouldn’t have bought the kitten things in the first place?

Speaking as an RPer, and someone who plays on one of the unofficial RP worlds, the rage this has sparked has been quite a spectacle.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Posted by: Azri.6571

Azri.6571

Same thing happened, I had my CoE, cultural armor as well, but only a partial of the CoF armor is appearing in the wardrobe….. (CULTURAL ARMOR SET ME BACK 60gold) hope they made sure we get all the skins into the wardrobe not partial

Edited: fixed by logging in other characters and going into the mist. yay my cultural armor

“For great justice!”

(edited by Azri.6571)

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

i have no use for my town clothes now :/

Posted by: Kayroo.7503

Kayroo.7503

I’d like to point out that the most important change in this patch was the change of the town clothing system. I have no idea what was wrong with the old one, but really — I payed for my town clothes. I payed with real money. I mixed my town clothes as I wished. Now, I can’t do that. I’m already too scared of using the new Armorsmith at the traders, because it gives us Tonics. For example: I had the Khaki leggings for one of my characters, and ONLY that. Now, I have an entire set, and I can’t remove parts from it.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I can’t change it. I mixed 4 town clothes on my main character, and I’m not gonna use this system, because I WANT to use THOSE clothes on my character. The parts that I want with the colors that I want.

WE, the GW2 community don’t want refunds in form of gems or other things…
WE, the GW2 community wants the OLD town cloth system back…

Posted by: Loc.5280

Loc.5280

Voicing my two cents…The change to town clothes was completely unnecessary and kittened. An absolute horrible decision. The original town clothes were already divided into separate pieces. Could be dyed and mixed-and-matched individually. All the models and coding were in place…and could have worked fine in the Wardrobe system (case in point, the Fancy Winter’s Day Hat).

It makes absolutely no sense to spend time, resources, and energy to create ENTIRELY new items (that nobody will use) to fix something that isn’t broken…

I would also add that I’m appalled with Anet’s approach to this matter…a large chunk of their player base has voiced against these changes…and Anet’s only response? “Then get a refund.” Way to shove it in our face…

This in conjunction with the complete disregard of the voiced concerns regarding the mega servers? Too much.

As a loyal player who has given Anet over 5,000 hours of my time and played nearly every single day, since the first day it was launched…I can say that I have never been more ashamed of how a game company has handled a situation of mass dissent…I have never felt more “swept under the rug” or disregarded by another game company.

Thank you, Anet, for the many hours of entertainment and game play…But, with this utter lack of regard and address on the matter that MANY have voiced dissatisfaction with…I will no longer be partaking in your product and you will not be receiving my services, until this matter is handled better and these discrepancies corrected. Once again, thank you for the past year and a half, but with this atrocious business motion, you have lost a very loyal customer here (not that you care).

Farewell.

Posted by: Garreth MacLeod.4158

Garreth MacLeod.4158

I’d like to just comment regarding these “improvements”. The change to town clothes is really disappointing. Anet, you should have taken a page from LotRO with regard to this one.

What you have implemented really just feels like a money grab. But more and more of the things you implement feel that way. I’d been purchasing gem cards every month but I do believe that is going to stop. I will speak with my wallet.

Leader, Phantom Coven – GW1 & GW2
Garreth (Ra), Elizabeth (El), Fiona (Me), Morrigan (N)
Ceana (G), Briana (Th), Snowbourn (Eng), Onchu (W)

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Yeah…. sorry but this system is just a disappointment.

Not only did I lose town clothing, all my head clothing, is now armor skins. Then all my sets that I bought, are now outfits. And all my single pieces, are now tonics. And to top that all off, I have to pay to use them now instead of them being free before. And I can no longer dye them (the outfits) the way I did before, and I can’t even dye the others at all (the tonics). And it throws together some random mash-up of armor that I don’t even like with the tonics.

I mean, what was the point in removing the town clothing again? Why couldn’t you just of left it how it was? Go ahead and let people use clothing head items in combat, but still keep the Town Clothing section so we can still mix and match and dye our town clothing like before.

We paid for town clothing, and this is not at all what we paid for. It sets a really bad image on Anet that we have to resort to refunds because Anet doesn’t want to compromise on this. They’d do the whole “It’s our way or the highway” deal, and if you don’t like it, deal with it. So guess I have to resort to a refund now for all that money I spent on those outfits.

Don’t expect me to spend another cent on this game ever again after this. I just can’t trust this company anymore. This is not an improvement, it is a restriction and a downgrade to what we already had.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Pandora.5084

Pandora.5084

I came here to agree with many of my fellow players and I’m not going to repeat what it’s been said about the town clothes system and/or wardrobe.
I came here to add another thing that caught me off guard (besides the gem town clothes stuff).

I have the title “The Emperor”, which means that I purchased every cultured armor from every tier and every race.
Don’t know if there’s others like me but after paying the almost 650g of armor, I disposed most of it, since I had no space to just hold on to an armor pieces.

Now with this new update, not only it comes with the wardrobe stuff, there’s also an achievement with said clothes.
Do I have to purchase the armor pieces again? Is there any plan to add the pieces to your wardrobe if you have the title?

With this said plus what has been said before, I’ll be waiting for new information and hopefully good news with a new patch.

Posted by: Kojast.6304

Kojast.6304

Now that the patch is live, I was wondering: Can you please consider converting the tonics to outfits as well?

The tonics functionally behave the same as outfits. They are one cohesive look that prevent clipping/compatibility issues with other armor pieces, they have one set of dye channels, they work with all the combat animations (you can still use weapon skills while in tonic form) and cosmetically they look just as appropriate for combat as the cook’s outfit or Wintersday outfit. Given that this is the case, is there an objection to just making them outfits? This would give the game a lot more outfit varieties and resolve some of the concerns regarding tonics by freeing up some inventory space and allowing us to dye the pieces once more (albeit as a cohesive set).

If there are technical reasons for preventing this, then I suppose I understand, but making the tonics into outfits would go a long way to making this change much more palatable to me. I was ready to demand a refund for all of them, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the looks for the tonics (much more so than I do the outfits). I’d be sad if I had to request refunds for them simply because I knew that I would not ever use them due to them taking up space in my inventory and not working in combat when, if they were outfits, I would happily take the whole set and probably use them on all my characters.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

ANet: you need to address the issues with PvP and PvE weapon sets ASAP.

Since they are now “shared”, it’s possible to be locked into your PvE weapons in s/tPvP(ie: if you join a match late or if you swap characters mid-match).

Seriously. ASAP get on it.

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Racial clothes became tonics… ugh. Light armor on charr is so hideous I wanted to use their town clothes over my armor until I could find/farm something decent for him. But I guess I won’t level my charr elementalist anymore. But charr is the only race that feels “right” when I play elementalist. If I try other races I don’t enjoy the elementalist

I also wanted to play charr even more now that you fixed the vertical camera (THANK YOU!) and his butt wouldn’t be on my face anymore!

Since I can’t wear the charr town clothes in combat I trust you’ll come up with DECENT light armor for charr that they can use while leveling up? Or maybe you’ll make it possible for them to wear their racial clothes. I’ll level another profession for now.

Posted by: Sokina.8041

Sokina.8041

I looked at my Toy Fancy Crystal Scepter, and it told me to turn it into the BL armor trader.

So I did, and he gave me one back. It was a different description, but yet it was the same item.

Why did I turn in an endless, one inventory slot item in to get the exact same endless, one inventory slot item back? I’m not complaining, I’m just curious what it actually -DID-

Also, wardrobe system for armors. We need the same system for town clothes. Mix and match town clothes. We don’t need full outfits, we can make them ourselves if we want. But we have no option to mix and match town clothes now.

Also, toy slot for wardrobe. Please. Harps, Boomboxes, Costume Brawl toys. I got a wardrobe for my armor, give me a closet for my town clothes, and a toybox.

tl;dr: What people still want is to: Mix and match town clothes, and some people want a toybox to organize all the stuff they bought for gems to play with them whenver they want

(Maybe a place for Tonics / Endless Tonics, but I realize that might be a bit too much.)

Posted by: Vrava.6937

Vrava.6937

Now that the patch is live, I was wondering: Can you please consider converting the tonics to outfits as well?

I agree! They are almost outfits already. The only thing they are lacking is the ability to use utility, healing, and elite skills. If we could just have these converted into outfits, I think a lot of the town clothes enthusiasts like myself would be mollified. Indeed, I would be very pleased! And it would allow us to dye them again. Kindly consider it. Thank you!

Posted by: shaktiboi.5194

shaktiboi.5194

I am truly disappointed in the ridiculously high cost of transmutation charges. I was excited about the new wardrobe system until I saw this.

Nope. Not going to spend a penny on these. No point. Not going to indulge my usual fashionista regular “change my look several times a week” urges that other MMOs let me do without trying to rob my wallet.

NO

Posted by: Blink.9361

Blink.9361

I’m very unsure why starter town clothes became Endless Commoner Clothes Tonics. I was looking forward to using the town clothes pants to match my cultural armour on my Sylvari Elementalist since I don’t really like the scholarly-dress looks but I wanted to stick with the plant-clothes look.

And I don’t believe the defence that the town clothes style does not match armour style, because especially with the cultural town clothes they would match cultural armour very well.

Posted by: Tony.8659

Tony.8659

Arenanet this update is horrible. I mean all the bug fixes were great, BUT why oh why did you have to mess with our wardrobe? I mean, it was fine how it was, so simple change to your townclothes with a simple keyboard press now we have to jump through hoops to do a simple task. This is really annoying, the traits are fine, but I wish you would change back to how it was with our armor/townclothes. This updates makes me enjoy your game less. I have been playing since the very first beta of Guild Wars 1 and that game was perfect to me and still is, I’m sorry but this update to Guild Wars 2 just plain sucks. I hope you will change it back to how it was with your armor/townclothes in a future update.

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I’ll post here the first post of a thread I opened an hour ago:

I took my time to go through the new Wardrobe. All was good, but then a question came to my mind:
What if I want to move an upgrade, say a Divinity Rune, from a Chest piece to another Chestpiece?
Before, we used to do that with a Transmutation Crystal. Now how can we do it?

For example, let’s assume I have an Exotic Soldier Chestpiece, with a Divinity Rune on it. Say I craft an Ascended Soldier Chestpiece. Now I want to use the Ascended armor piece, but how can I move the upgrade without the Transmutation Crystal? Did I miss something? Or am I forced to salvage the Exotic item (assuming I can salvage it of course, as many WvW/Karma/Dungeon Items cannot be salvaged), get the upgrade, and then put it on the Ascended item?

There WAS a way to keep an upgrade before, by transmuting an “unsalvageable” item into a salvageable one and salvaging the upgrade. What can we do now to avoid losing a valuable upgrade?

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Posted by: Thorn.7963

Thorn.7963

I took my time to go through the new Wardrobe. All was good, but then a question came to my mind:
What if I want to move an upgrade, say a Divinity Rune, from a Chest piece to another Chestpiece?

For example, let’s assume I have an Exotic Soldier Chestpiece, with a Divinity Rune on it. Say I craft an Ascended Soldier Chestpiece. Now I want to use the Ascended armor piece, but how can I move the upgrade without the Transmutation Crystal? Did I miss something? Or am I forced to salvage the Exotic item (assuming I can salvage it of course, as many WvW/Karma/Dungeon Items cannot be salvaged), get the upgrade, and then put it on the Ascended item?

There WAS a way to keep an upgrade before, by transmuting an “unsalvageable” item into a salvageable one and salvaging the upgrade. What can we do now to avoid losing a valuable upgrade?

Buy the upgrade remover off the Gem Store of course.

This game is starting to feel like a korean F2P scamfest.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Well, on a brighter note, the price of charges is at least reasonable.

Not IMHO, ppl will be using charges a lot more than they used stones or crystals, therefore the price should have been significantly lower than even stones. They will make more money from these sales, gouging us in the process.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Ok… so where is my stuff? Where are all the skins I had in my PvP locker? Weren’t they all supposed to be in my wardrobe? Where is my exclusive GW2 hat? My Devil Horns? Any of my Town Clothes? I didn’t get any tonics, or anything, just an empty slot.

I mean, I knew this was going to get screwed up, but come on now. Where is my stuff?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

The in-combat outfits doesn’t work in clones.
You can use your outfit in combat, but your clones shows your equipped gear.
It’s a bug or will need to ask for a refund?

Pumpkin – Mag

Posted by: Hystery.8415

Hystery.8415

I don’t know if my post will ever be noticed, but I wanted to bring my brick building.

I’m a GW2 player since almost a year now. I’ve had so much fun playing the game. When I started it was different from other games I played. I loved the areas, the lore, the characters, the races, the armors, the weapons, the spells… I was really fond of this game. And so far, I -always- defended your work on the game when hundreds of people were b*tching about it. Because God knows that a lot of people got disappointed with the recent updates concerning Scarlet and the living story, but still. I defended your work.

Until now.

Let me make some comparisons before/after.

Before, the town clothes were part of a completely different set, with each cloth independant of the other. We could mix them to get what pleased us the most. And then we could dye each one of them differently to have a really different, unique look for our character, and not being lost in the huge mass of players. Feeling different.
Now, the town clothes are either tonics, which last fifteen minutes and need to be reactivated all the time and are undyable, or skins, like my fancy Winter outfit (that you decided to put in sale again in the middle of Spring, which upsets me a little, but still less than the rest). Besides the fact that hats look ridiculous on Charr due to the mane disappearing (I still don’t get why none of the devs worked on this), I’m also disappointed to see that skins from town clothes are only dyable for the whole outfit and not piece by piece. Meaning that the mix of colors can be -very- hideous, even when putting effort not to have such an end.

Before, transmutation stones were used to transmute a gear we liked for another one. One stone for one transmutation.
Now, one charge of transmutation is earned for THREE stones. I feel scammed for saving my stones in my bank account. Without speaking about my transmutation crystals for level 80 gears that are turned to one single transmutation charge. We’ll also mention, as said on other posts, that weapons and gears have now the name of the gear that had the original stats, like my vigil set which I was proud of, turned into ‘Ascalonian’ armor for my guardian.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure you’ve put a lot of effort to find this concept, and some ideas are great, like the skin sharing, or the new dye system. But GW2, besides his gameplay, had the caracteristic to let the player choose exactly what piece of armor or cloth he wanted for his character. This idea to put the town clothes in one single slot removed an entire part of customization that a lot of people appreciated, liked, loved. To be honest, I feel very offended, as this way to update the town clothes system sounds to me like you actually do not give much care about the roleplayers community, which is rather large (and spends -or spent- regularly money for gems to get more different outfits), even after all the time the game was released.

Today, I have felt scammed, offended, and worst of all, highly disappointed in a game that had, for long months, all my hopes and affection. Now, I feel so jaded that I’ve lost all will to log again on the game.

If you still have an ounce of respect for the players that allowed you to pay your rent and bills so far, please, I’m begging you, look at what you did, and solve it.

Piken Square RPer ~ Growl Bladeskin (Charr, Zerk Warrior 80) |
Aelius Brightmane (Charr, Zerk Grenade Engineer, 80) |
Tilaw Stainsoul (Charr, Zerk Staff Elementalist, 80) | Evi Shadowstep (Charr, Zerk Ranger 80) |

(edited by Hystery.8415)

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Buy the upgrade remover off the Gem Store of course.

This game is starting to feel like a korean F2P scamfest.

There is no way that someone would do that. If ANET was hoping to get some $$ by promoting the use of Upgrade Extractors, they are totally wrong. Even the most expensive upgrades (aside from Generosity Sigils), Traveler/Divinity runes, cost way less than a single Upgrade Extractor.
This is why I think ANet has overlooked something. This, or they should just make karma/wvw/dungeon items salvageable (they can do it so that you don’t get any ectos back, but at least you can recover the upgrade)

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

The in-combat outfit doesn’t show in mesmer’s clones.
You can use your outfit in combat, but your clones will show with your equipped gear.
It’s a bug or I’ll need to ask for a refund?

Pumpkin – Mag

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

worse in that you have to spend the same to change looks under level 80 than you used to….but the convenience of only having to have a skin once makes up for it.

all other complaints are niche (mixing town clothes?…i know 2 people out of 100’s that even mentioned those…let alone used them.)

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Scratch that. After reading a few other posts I was able to locate the BL Armorsmith that returned all these items.

(edited by FrozenStarRo.7240)