Game Updates: World Boss Synchronization

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Greetings,

If you have feedback, issues, or questions, please use this thread, based on this post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014/first#post3896029

Please do not create duplicate posts, as it makes it more difficult for us to gather your feedback in a timely and organized manner. Thank you for your understanding.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I think shadow behemoth is a little hard to do now for small groups. It doesn’t seem like it scaled at all.

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

At both Karka Queen and Megadestroyer, we did the pre-events, but the boss did not spawn. From what I’ve gathered, the events were going when the boss was not “scheduled” to spawn. Is this intentional? Are the events suppose to be going on or not?

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

this is a disaster…..

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Tjezee.1280

Tjezee.1280

Judging from the new timers as posted somewhere by you folk at Anet, I won’t be able to attend Tequetl ever as the primetime will most likely put me in overflow anyway as long as the megaservers don’t extend that far, not to mention I usually am fixing dinner/eating at that time, the other 2 times are during the night for me.

I would have to guest everytime I want to do a fight and can’t do it on my own bloody server. This is a terrible letdown to me. What does strike me is that you’d do these times while megaserver system hasn’t reached the entire world yet which means the main zone will have people in it that have waited for a long time and thus are really committed to it, and the overflow(s) will have people looking for a quick snack so to speak and thus have lower chances imho. Why?

I’d request at least 2 more times ( well, 2 more times that would close the gaps overall so it would be more accessible. )

Posted by: Kalak.3472

Kalak.3472

This schedule is restricting player access to content that they’ve previously been always able to do based on their time zone and when they’re actually available to log in (i.e. not commuting, getting to bed at a decent time, etc.). Not only that, but it now requires a much larger amount of time to attend most of these in a day.

I don’t understand why you can’t have multiple bosses spawn at a time slot and allow players to choose which of the spawned set to attend. Something like having all low level bosses spawn at 15 past, mediums at 30 past, high levels at 45 past, and the mega-organized on the hours. That way at least a player who can’t be on for say, Fire elemental can decide to do that on a day since they haven’t killed it in a while.

I also don’t get why you felt the need to change Tequatl and Tri Wurm’s schedules at all. Why can’t the “mega-organized” events have their own separate schedule? It’s not like the world boss zerg was ever disrupted by those events. At the very least please add some more spawns than three times a day for these. Not everyone is capable of playing during your chosen prime time.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

New spawn times for Wurm and Teq are TERRIBLE. I don’t know whose idea that was, but you guys need to rethink it. Teq time on JQ is supposed to be 5 server. That’s the time that always worked best for us and that’s the time everyone prefers. Now it’s at 8 server, which basically means a lot of us won’t be doing teq anymore because it’s too late for us. There really was no reason to change the times for these bosses.

Posted by: Vyrance.1723

Vyrance.1723

Fix the spawn timers for karka/teq/3wurm in patch notes to reflect their actual times please so people don’t miss them again.

And I agree that multiple world bosses need to spawn at once. Just doesn’t seem worthwhile to go to right now

Vyrance – 80 Guardian
GAF – Gaming Age Force // Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Blink.9361

Blink.9361

Can you make the schedule available in-game? It is absurd that I have to search through the forums or the previous blog posts to find the schedule.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think that the ultra-bosses (Karka/Teq/Triple) should spawn more frequently than just 3 times a day. Maybe they spawn once every 2 hours instead of every 4?

Posted by: rstripn.8697

rstripn.8697

Potential timing issue/s:

1) The patch notes indicate that Fire Shaman is supposed to be part of the boss rotation, but he is not part of the schedule posted by Colin and Anthony on April 2 . Normally I’d just assume the table was out of date, except for:

2) The patch notes indicate that Tequatl should have spawned this evening at 20:00 PDT = 8:00 PM PDT = 11:00 PM EDT. Instead, he spawned at 10:00 PM EDT, as the aforementioned schedule posted on April 2 said he would.

Posted by: LA GW.6753

LA GW.6753

This is pretty restrictive(which I suspect is part of ANet’s new ’let’s pretend we’re making things better by making more ways to suck gold out of you while limiting your ability to earn it’ strategy), but nevertheless, my feedback:

Schedule good, Inflexibility bad.

You need to roll out the Megaservers in all the World Boss zones, and then change it so all world bosses of a spawn class come up at their designated times. Not this one, then this one, then this one. ALL of them.

Then people can actually do the fights they want to instead of just the ones they’re forced to at a given time.

But then people might actually be able to get all the World Bosses farmed in a semi-reasonable timeframe. That’s OP and must be nerfed.

Though I guess next we’ll see World Boss Spawners in the Gem Shop, amirite? :P

Posted by: naia.4601

naia.4601

I wish we could hear an actual explanation to the restrictions implemented as a result of this schedule. Why is it so bad for more than one meta boss to be occurring at the same time? One thing that hadn’t occurred to me but I’ve noticed today in the towns and PvP (where I believe megaserver has been implemented) that my desktop can’t handle rendering the other players. This wasn’t a problem before. The lag we could potentially see in boss fights might be absurd, and people with less than the latest and greatest may have trouble actually ATTACKING the bosses. Then they don’t get credit.

ANet, please listen to us. I’m very happy with everything else overall, barring some minor things that should be fixed. I’m fine with a universal schedule, but for quaggan’s sake, could we have more than one boss going on at once? This would allow these bosses to spawn more and give more people the opportunity to enjoy the content.

Posted by: Kailinxa.9135

Kailinxa.9135

I have to say that this was the only patch change that I had any issues with. So now being est I can’t attend any wurm or teq spawns at all during the week since I work or sleep during this great new schedule. So I’m left with praying that I’m lucky enough to be able to get into the overflow for one of these fights on the weekend… At least a reason as to why these changes were necessary would be nice. I mean it’s not like the rewards were all that great considering the amount of time that went into getting into the fights to begin with. I really don’t understand the need for such a restrictive schedule.

Posted by: God Of Mustard.6354

God Of Mustard.6354

Just…please. Lower the cap for players in the cities and revert boss timers back to the way they were before…

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Schedule is bad, will stop players from playing some events. The 13 portals on BE every few seconds is just lazy unoriginal game development, overall impression of patch—bad—R.I.P GW2.

Posted by: andrew.1798

andrew.1798

Kind of a nuisance to have to do one boss at a specific time. Why not just allow multiple bosses to spawn during a single time slot and spread the time slots out a bit such as every 30-45 minutes or so. I also don’t think the timing restrictions of the mega bosses is very fair to the people that like to attempt it more than once. You shouldn’t assume that everyone Teq/Wurm spawn is a guaranteed kill.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I really hate this change. I said as much back when it was announced, and I tested it out tonight to give it a try, and this is what my life in game will be, because the schedule never changes. I can only play from 11pm-1am EST or so, occasionally picking up the 10-11 and 1-2 blocks a little, but not usually. This means I’ll NEVER get to do the Karka event again, since it ONLY happens at 9pm, when I NEVER play. Yay Arenanet. Also, since the megaserver isn’t fully implemented, one of the few events that does happen during my play period, the Triple Wurm, was completely 100% empty on my server when I attempted it. Not a single soul around. Not one. I don’t think it’s soloable. Much more fun not doing the Triple Wurm than successfully doing the Karka Queen. :|

I get that the old methods would no longer work with the megaserver, and I do think that the megaserver in general was a great idea, but there need to be several changes:

1. There need to be at least three separate schedules cycling, once the megaserver is fully implemented, at least. Every hour on the hour you should be able to do at least two, if not three of the following: Karka Queen, Claw, Shatterer, Triple Wurm, Teq, Megadestroyer. It should be up to the player to choose which one he wants to attend, but within any given two hour period he should be able to attend any one of them at least once. There should be no events that are permanently outside of any window.

If you like, the events could be set up so that there is one “permanent” cycle, basically the current one that will always be the same to allow for easier planning, and then one “rotating cycle,” that is offset so that it shifts by an hour or so each day, causing events on that cycle to only be available every other day or so.

2. The schedule DEFINITELY needs to be available in-game. No option otherwise. People need to be able to track which events are coming up, as well as while events are active in other parts of the world. It’s nonsense that I have to keep the scheduling page open when playing the game.

The world boss scheduling should never have been implemented until both the Megaservers were fully implemented (to ensure healthy populations), and the in-game schedule app was working. I like a lot of the other changes in the feature patch, but this one was nowhere near ready for prime time, and is going to seriously harm my interest in playing the game until it’s resolved.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

2. The schedule DEFINITELY needs to be available in-game. No option otherwise. People need to be able to track which events are coming up, as well as while events are active in other parts of the world. It’s nonsense that I have to keep the scheduling page open when playing the game.

Oh gods, yes. Yesterday, at hour:45 I’ve jumped to behe, wurm and maw only to find out absolutely nothing is going on there. ;D

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: SansSariph.9548

SansSariph.9548

Agreed with the consensus here – having set times for each boss is not a good idea, it is overly restrictive. The majority of bosses are now incredibly inconvenient for me – I think there needs to be a rolling schedule, or just have multiple bosses in the same “weight class” spawn at once (every hour or every other hour) so players can choose what they want to do.

Once the megaserver system is in place, it shouldn’t be a problem for people to have critical mass for whatever boss they want to do.

Please rethink this one.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Judging from the new timers as posted somewhere by you folk at Anet, I won’t be able to attend Tequetl ever as the primetime will most likely put me in overflow anyway as long as the megaservers don’t extend that far, not to mention I usually am fixing dinner/eating at that time, the other 2 times are during the night for me.

I would have to guest everytime I want to do a fight and can’t do it on my own bloody server. This is a terrible letdown to me. What does strike me is that you’d do these times while megaserver system hasn’t reached the entire world yet which means the main zone will have people in it that have waited for a long time and thus are really committed to it, and the overflow(s) will have people looking for a quick snack so to speak and thus have lower chances imho. Why?

I’d request at least 2 more times ( well, 2 more times that would close the gaps overall so it would be more accessible. )

in this case, guesting wont help you at all.

You have to join a large guild who can/will activate the event

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The schedule is a very bad idea. You go from being able to do the minor bosses at pretty much any time to well not being able to do them at all if your schedule conflicts. You go from being able in theory to do teq and wurm 12 times through the day to 3 times. I just do not get it at all. The price for guilds to research the unlocks is ridiculous so that little tiny bone you threw is not worth it.

Posted by: Ixillius.5768

Ixillius.5768

This update basically forces me to wait in sparkfly untill a guild spawns tequatl. The advertised hours fall on 11:30am, 5pm and 3 am for me. Which means im either at work or sleeping. This mixed in with the fact I tend to have to wait a hour in advance to even be in sparkfly main practically takes the content away from me completely.

I’ve seen posts about joining big guilds who will have the resources to spawn these events. But there are a few problems with that for me aswell. Most guilds have zero tolerance policy on not representing. Which basically means id have to leave my guildmates behind. Ontop of that i’d also have to find one thats willing to do it in the timeframe im able to even play.

Relying on early days and days off isnt exactly optimal either.

(edited by Ixillius.5768)

Posted by: Keal Mindblaster.5783

Keal Mindblaster.5783

Ok, so now my feedback:

At first I’d like to say, 99.9% of this release is AWESOME. But the remaining 0.1% is the Big World Boss Spawn Timer which is more than a HUGE mistake to my mind. Let me explain why (I’m a German player on Riverside Server)

1: It’s a slap in the face for all players who have to maintain a family or work shifts. We have more than handful of players only in my guild who are now not able to do any Tequatl or Triple Trouble Encounters because they work late shifts (1pm to approx 9 or 10pm) or have to look after their kids, so they don’t login before 8 or 9pm. Getting up to do the event 5am after a late shift can’t be the alternative….

2: Why putting a timer on the Karka Queen exept for a cooldown? At least on Riverside it is a well established tradition to kill her after the Tequatl encounter with all the players moving to Southsun Cove. Why are you taking away this opportunity? It was time efficient and a lot of fun seeing the community organizing itself this way…

3: Making Events activatable by guilds who can afford it WILL have a bad influence as it will empower ‘Mass-Guilds’ to make their own rules and control Event times on the server. It’s already foreseeable as it is a similiar situation to the big WvW-guilds. It will be like: What? You are not using OUR Teamspeak? You do not use OUR Skill or Weapon Sets…well then…you will not be allowed to participate.

4: You already have to be in the correct overflows (or Megaservers in the future) way beforehand for the big Events. (More than an hour especially on weekends) ‘Correct’ means you’re on a map where organization and people who use TS are present. This mostly applies to our home-map (Riverside) and MAYBE one overflow on weekends (happens rarely). What do you think will happen when 90% of the people will only be able to do the 8pm Tequatl encounter? Ridiculous….

5: 7-10pm is the most important time frame for our guild as most people are logged in and we’d like to use that time for fractals, dungeons, guild events etc. Instead, we will now be standing in public districts waiting for huge bosses anonymously, instead of playing together. Ok sure, we can still do that, but then we miss the actually well designed events… Tequatl, Worm etc. were always great to do when not enough people were there to play any instanced content, which is in the afternoon, later evening or before lunch (remember the shift workers). That’s impossible now.

These are probably the most important issues I am seeing….

So please, please, PLEASE rethink that concept…

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I liked the semi-random approach more, but I can see how you need to change that for the megaserver. But a small suggestion: Maybe instead of fixed schedules that will make it hard for some players to do specific bosses, maybe use a randomized schedule every day? Fixed times for bosses, but “reroll” queue every day?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

“Sorry, I gotta go. I have the 4:15 Fire Shaman I gotta catch.”

If you want to make Tyria feel more like people’s dreary real lives, you’ve succeeded.

Posted by: nOxe.6293

nOxe.6293

Please do rethink the concept. The Spawntimes / limited Spawns – why?! There’s no reason.

As the thread said:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Alliances-on-Upcoming-Patch/first

Please rethink the timers.

Nelizea (Guardian)
[MM] Midnight Mayhem (Gunnar’s Hold) (Megaserverized..)
[TxS] Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

How about lowering price on traits it was like 2gold for all before,now it force you in PVE or pay like 45gold for new character….

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

“Sorry, I gotta go. I have the 4:15 Fire Shaman I gotta catch.”

If you want to make Tyria feel more like people’s dreary real lives, you’ve succeeded.

Exactly what I’ve been thinking for the last few feeks.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

I don’t like the new timers. It was always great fun for me to do a lot of boss events every evening… now I have to wait for specific times, and some bosses I will never see, since I don’t have so much time to play… I also don’t get why there is only one boss active at once… it was never a problem before to have more active before, there were always enough people to do them… all you did is herding all people who want to do a boss to one map, generating overflows and killing the fun of having a different boss rotation every day…

Becka Williams.4978

And now shadow’s bugged on SoS. Portals can’t be damaged. Thanks for making 13 portals that can’t be damaged, so the event fails. This is SO much more fun than before.

Algreg.3629

And now shadow’s bugged on SoS. Portals can’t be damaged. Thanks for making 13 portals that can’t be damaged, so the event fails. This is SO much more fun than before.

yes, the bug was intended to remove your fun. If you don´t realize that a patch of that magnitude touching game core mechanics cannot be implemented flawlessly on the first try… oh well, sorry, I forgot where I am. Yes, they want to ruin your fun.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Feedback from an international casual large guild:

Guild World Events
Item: World Event Consumable Cost

Current Cost : 20 merits/10K Influence

Background Detail:
We used to run a daily Tequatl/Karka kill for EU individuals on a NA server. We was happy to provide organisation and train any new people on what to do.
The new world boss timers are not suitable for many individuals who actively work (Average age of gamers are now 30+ in my country).
We are a large international casual guild (300+) with a 100% reputation requirement (not part of any TTS group) which would not field 60+ guild members for any individuals kill (as we are a 24×7 guild).
It was calculated the average casual player was online for about 1-3 hrs/day as per that timezones prime time (30-60 online per hour in a 500 man guild).
We run all the guild missions twice a week – and gain (70 merits or so weekly as these are limited to how many you can earn). Not everyone is interested in guild missions – as it is very repetitive after a few months.

The current implementation:
The cost to schedule the world bosses (TEQ, Karka).
This would require: 50 merits,20K influence and 2 days of build que to build.

Issue:
This limits our ability to organise a kill to once/week during the week- as a maximum number of merits can be build. The influence cost is also too high /length of time to perform the build.
We regularly have all PvE Buffs active – for our members and would not be able to sustain even 2 boss activations / week.

Side-Effects:
1) Potentially forces international guilds – to be very specific time focused (breaks community).
Smaller guilds will break up as a result – these are needed alongside big guilds.
2) excessively high Influence and Merit costs – make this unfeasible to que and build. (20K influence is a lot – for two buffs). Many 100% rep PvE Guilds – will struggle with this cost on influence alone.
3) Event Failure: If the event fails- Due to the high cost there will be a lot of anger. Tequatl currently has two major bugs (Lazer does not do +10% dmg after battery phase, TEQ will disappear if too much dmg is done between battery phases). This will increase pressure for the event to be done properly – and limit ‘fun’ even when it fails due to high activation cost.
4) Learning the event: Due to the highly restricted time spawning it will make learning this event even more difficult for new players or other mega bosses if they are introduced.
The triple headed wurm is not even attempted by many NA Servers – as it is guild locked out and there is no open to non-guild (TTS) event for EU / SEA Players on NA servers.
5) Voice communication: The only good thing is that we can ensure players can communicate during the fight and setup correctly before activation.
6) Pug Event Trolling: it only takes a few individuals to help a hard event fail . This can be used maliciously against guilds/players trying to organise these events for the benefit of others.

Proposal:
1: Make this inline with current guild events.
Proposed cost : 2 merits/1000 influence initial build (8 hr built time).

Why 2 merits?
Most guilds who are capable of running this content – would like to run: TEQ,wurm, Karka on a daily basis. International guilds need the ability to run across the 3 timezones they cover – at different time periods.

Total cost for guild (Day- one spawn): 6 merits/day (3k influence).
Weekly cost (M-Fri): 30 merits (15k influence).
- this cost is still high but at least allows guilds to schedule events for it’s members (if they have a 500 man guild which does all guild missions).

Or:
2- Increase a guilds ability to earn more influence and merits.
- The current caps do not allow guilds to regularly schedule this content for its members.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Becka Williams.4978

yes, the bug was intended to remove your fun. If you don´t realize that a patch of that magnitude touching game core mechanics cannot be implemented flawlessly on the first try… oh well, sorry, I forgot where I am. Yes, they want to ruin your fun.

Oh, I see. I can’t possibly expect anet to actually put out a bug free patch. Well, given their track record, I guess you got me there.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I have to say, this issue is very important to me and they cannot remain silent on this one for weeks and weeks. They need to either tell us they are fixing this or at the very least explain why they can’t. They don’t need to put things back how they were, I know that it wouldn’t work with the megaservers, but they do need to add additional runs for numerous bosses to the existing schedule.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Algreg.3629

Oh, I see. I can’t possibly expect anet to actually put out a bug free patch. Well, given their track record, I guess you got me there.

if you had any idea about software and about how complex this update is, no, you couldn´t. But in any case, I am to blame, I expect adults to show adult reactions to minor, temporary nuisances instead of passive aggressive sulking.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Just to elaborate on what others have said: the “mega-bosses” are pretty much inaccessible to working Irish, UK and (I believe) Portuguese players during the week. For us the “mega-boss” times fall at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 11:30, 12:30, 13:30, 17:00, 18:00 and 19:00 (that’s local time, not CET).

As a working man who (like most workers now, I’d imagine) commutes the only real option there is 19:00 and even that is a stretch. This seems like it might push away a lot of working players.

A fairer way (fairer for everyone, not just people who can consistently make the current times) to do this would be to have more spawn windows that “rotate” and change from day to day.

A given boss needs to spawn every 5 hours or that each boss spawns 4 times per day at predictable, but different, times from day to day. So with this system the spawns for every boss will be one hour later the next day so if a boss spawns at 5 pm today it will spawn at 6 pm the day after and 7 pm the day after that. Every 6 days it will “reset” back to the original time. For example, the 5-9pm 5-hour spawn windows would look like this:

Boss1   Boss2   Boss3       "Free"   
Day 1   5 pm   6 pm   7 pm   8 pm 9 pm 
Day 2   6 pm   7 pm   8 pm   9 pm 5 pm 
Day 3   7 pm   8 pm   9 pm   5 pm 6 pm
Day 4   8 pm   9 pm   5 pm   6 pm 7 pm
Day 5   9 pm   5 pm   6 pm   7 pm 8 pm
Day 6   5 pm   6 pm   7 pm   8 pm 9 pm

Note: in this system the bosses spawn every 5 hours from these times. So when Boss 1 spawns at 5 pm it will later spawn at 10 pm, 3 am, 8 am, 1 pm, 6 pm and so on.

As there are three bosses (at the moment, this also gives a couple of free slots for future bosses) and 5 “slots” in this system 2 hours out of every 5 there will be no mega bosses spawning, which leaves about 8 or so hours a day without any mega-bosses spawning, in the current system there are 15 hours when no mega-bosses spawn.

Edit: oh and the other, “smaller” bosses should continue to spawn while the mega-bosses do, preferably with a similar rotating timetable so that you’re not facing the same bosses at the same time of day constantly. Not everyone will want to or be able to do these fights so providing people with alternatives is not a bad idea.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Posted by: darkkinder.7926

darkkinder.7926

Just 3 times for Teq, Karka and Wurm? Thanks Anet, now I can’t do these events anymore. Weird Schedule : /

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

Shadow Behemoth didn’t work.

Posted by: Keal Mindblaster.5783

Keal Mindblaster.5783

….

A fairer way (fairer for everyone, not just people who can consistently make the current times) to do this would be to have more spawn windows that “rotate” and change from day to day.

A given boss needs to spawn every 5 hours or that each boss spawns 4 times per day at predictable, but different, times from day to day. So with this system the spawns for every boss will be one hour later the next day so if a boss spawns at 5 pm today it will spawn at 6 pm the day after and 7 pm the day after that. Every 6 days it will “reset” back to the original time. For example, the 5-9pm 5-hour spawn windows would look like this:

Boss1   Boss2   Boss3       "Free"   
Day 1   5 pm   6 pm   7 pm   8 pm 9 pm 
Day 2   6 pm   7 pm   8 pm   9 pm 5 pm 
Day 3   7 pm   8 pm   9 pm   5 pm 6 pm
Day 4   8 pm   9 pm   5 pm   6 pm 7 pm
Day 5   9 pm   5 pm   6 pm   7 pm 8 pm
Day 6   5 pm   6 pm   7 pm   8 pm 9 pm

….

Magnificent Idea!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I don’t like the new timers. It was always great fun for me to do a lot of boss events every evening… now I have to wait for specific times, and some bosses I will never see, since I don’t have so much time to play… I also don’t get why there is only one boss active at once… it was never a problem before to have more active before, there were always enough people to do them… all you did is herding all people who want to do a boss to one map, generating overflows and killing the fun of having a different boss rotation every day…

^^ Very much this.

If you want them on a fixed schedule, at least make them apperar more often. I don’t see a problem if Wurm (the old one), Behemoth and Maw start maybe every hour and you can just pick one of the three that you want to make.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Reyo.4738

Reyo.4738

Well there goes TxS. Glad we all said our goodbyes and fare wells monday. You just killed our community with the boss schedule and to be frankly honest the time cost and effort to spawn the bosses your self is just to high.

Posted by: Krassix.4017

Krassix.4017

I stopped logging on when you announced the boss schedule. I logged on yesterday just to see the patch and then logged off again. I knew as soon as the megaserver and boss timers took effect the community I usually played with (Jade Quarry) would disintegrate. There was just no reason to make changes this drastic.

Luckily all of the new players will know no different, which I suppose is what you’re aiming for.

Posted by: rstripn.8697

rstripn.8697

Thread feedback:

Lots of insults aimed at ANet in here, and now a few against other players…
the more people who don’t follow basic policies on feedback (be polite, be informative, no insults, etc), the less they’re going to want to listen to real feedback in here, and the more likely they are to just lock the thread out completely.

So please be polite and ignore the trolls, and to ANet reps, please ignore the hate and know that most of us can be useful.

Patch feedback:

I’m a coder, and I know game design. I understand why the Megaservers, and I understand why the schedule. But its just way too restrictive. There has to be a way to shape the gameplay in the way you want without harming the play style of such a large part of the population.

Note: I understand certain encounters will suck at certain times until the Megaserver is fully rolled out in all zones, and that this is a growing pain which there may be no way around, so in my feedback I’m pretending that this has already occurred.

Personally, in general at least, I’m with the consensus:

1) Change it so that all the low-level bosses spawn at the same time (15 and 45 past the hour), all the standard bosses spawn at the same time (0 and 30 past the hour), and all the extra-hard bosses spawn at the same time.

2) Alter the extra-hard boss windows to allow all players a chance to take part regardless of play window. Exact implementation I’m not sure on – I see problems no matter what you do- but there has to be a better option. Yes, changing this will make the new guild unlock effectively worthless- but its more important to make existing content continue to be available to all players than it is to add new content that only affects a small portion of the playerbase.

These changes will make it so that no matter what your play window is, as long as you can be on for a few hours, you can get all the world bosses… and if you don’t have several hours, you can pick and choose which ones you want to take out, instead of being forced into particular fights.

In other words, this part of the patch will rank with the rest of the major changes in the patch: it’ll be different, but either ~ as good as or better than what existed before. Right now, for most players, it’s worse.

Thanks for listening.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I play GW2 so I do not have to keep to a schedule.

I could log on when I have a few minutes, catch whatever boss was up- have some fun and still have time to take care of my family etc.

That is why I quit the game I used to play because I didn’t appreciate telling my husband, I have to do this now, can’t make dinner or chat to you- or tell my daughter- sorry, have to finish this tuck your self in.

A game should fit in with my schedule- my life should not have to fit into a game schedule

This is terrible and removes not only any semblance of an actual dynamic and alive world- it is really insulting to players.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Posted by: Kestrelle.8165

Kestrelle.8165

As a UK player with work/family commitments, who can play a couple of hours in the evening after work, I notice that Tequatl will NEVER be active when I’m online? Surely some mistake…

Posted by: Lucky Shot.8740

Lucky Shot.8740

I am not a fan of the synchronization. You’ve taken the interactive part of chasing world bosses and turned it into a sitcom schedule. Where is player choice in prioritizng which boss to go to? How is this a living world when all these bosses operate on such a tight schedule?

Let me tack on this criticism also, who cares if a world boss has a failure effects if the megazone just closes after the zerg leaves? What kind of living impact does your failure or success have if the impact disappears so quickly?

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

Same with Poland, most people i know, won’t be able to see TEQ ever again.

Posted by: Selsi.9675

Selsi.9675

Really hope the “test phase” or whatever we are calling it, for megaserver/world boss timers is decided to be a “failed test” by anet, therefore reverted. The patch was so exciting for the first few blog posts and live streams. All good news, all sunshine and rainbows, I was squealing around with excitement consistently. Then I hear about the megaserver. Okay, well while this sucks and may mean I have to solo some bosses more often, oh well, I can take it. Oh, now they are on a schedule. And so are champs, too? Oh, so the dynamic events aren’t… Dynamic?

The “Living world” is no longer alive. Lol this is the most hilarious failure I’ve ever encountered on a game. Stick to your guns. I guess if we are going to go back on all our development ideas, we may as well introduce combat trinity? Remove dodging? Make the entire game about grinding? Undo everything the company stood for? kittening fantastic logic.

Edit: I don’t expect a response to this post or ANY post in this thread by anet staff. Unless you are spouting out “11/10, thank you so much for my daily beating, daddy anet!” You are ignored. You are an unheard voice, an insignificant piece of kitten to them. kitten you. Sorry, not sorry.

Girls can be toxic, too! Let me prove it to you!~

(edited by Selsi.9675)

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

I tried to catch a few events last night and none of them worked (Great Jungle Wurm events didn’t start, Shadow Behemoth portals bugged, etc…), so I just gave up. As someone with a full time job and family, I also really dislike the fixed schedule.

I’m sure the bugs will get worked out and people will eventually get into a routine with the new starter events, but I’m afraid it will feel laborious now.

RIP world boss train.