Gold Transfer Changes

Gold Transfer Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Calcanius.5048

Calcanius.5048

Was a bit surprised to see these prices today, but as “manipulated TP for gold transfer” they would make sense.

How would that work though, since no one knows who is buying or selling.

Thats easy i purchase all the “pink fluffy rainbows” on pc where i am locked in on main account and then sell 1 for 3256 gold 21 silver 52 copper, the exact amount that the hacked account have after i have sold all they own, then i purchase the “pink fluffy rainbow”. and viola, gold transfered.
can be done in a sec if locked into both accounts with 2 pc´s next to each other.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

Was a bit surprised to see these prices today, but as “manipulated TP for gold transfer” they would make sense.

How would that work though and how do they stop other people from jumping in and listing their items at that price or a copper lower?

A great opportunity for the insightful and nimble! Block and Tackle vs the Larcenous Loot Launderers.

Yeah, Loot Laundry – lets call it that.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Would you put a green item in for 40g? I would not pay 2g to put such an item in for such a ridiculous price. But maybe I miss something.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Gold Transfer Changes

Calcanius.5048

Would you put a green item in for 40g? I would not pay 2g to put such an item in for such a ridiculous price. But maybe I miss something.

you forgot to read the fine print under the price tag in very small that says “Market manipulation”

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I’ve wondered about that as well. The only thing I can think of, is that said green items are SUPER rare. I have yet to see a single named green item. I’ve seen rare and exotic named items, and those with some frequency. But never a green named item.
It also possible that such items are from the first betas. But after that were replaced with generic versions. Which would mean they are more rare than precursors and not in the loot tables anymore. Which could explain the high prices.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Thats easy i purchase all the “pink fluffy rainbows” on pc where i am locked in on main account and then sell 1 for 3256 gold 21 silver 52 copper, the exact amount that the hacked account have after i have sold all they own, then i purchase the “pink fluffy rainbow”. and viola, gold transfered.
can be done in a sec if locked into both accounts with 2 pc´s next to each other.

I think it would be more useful to know the history on the trading post of those items. Since that’s a picture with the items labeled in German that’s impossible for me to figure out. For all we know, those items have always been that high. Perhaps you can find and post a link to one of those item’s history in spidy?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Gold Transfer Changes

Dayra.7405

“Rifle” is shown in the english version, just put Rifle in search and order by price.

Gold Transfer Changes

Just a flesh wound.3589

“Rifle” is shown in the english version, just put Rifle in search and order by price.

That helps. I tried to translate the German and it just said gun.

Here is one. https://www.gw2tp.com/item/37492-rifle?full=1 at 42 gold. Whatever it is, it’s very rare. Only 2 in the trading post. There has been a sudden increase in price, from 7 gold to 42.

ANet may give it to you.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I think it would be more useful to know the history on the trading post of those items. Since that’s a picture with the items labeled in German that’s impossible for me to figure out. For all we know, those items have always been that high. Perhaps you can find and post a link to one of those item’s history in spidy?

http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/rifle/18?rarity_filter=-1&sort_name=asc
Where the list. There is some demand, but almost no supply.

And here is the graph
http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/37503

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I think the underlying agenda here is to intimidate gold buyers to stop what they’re doing, but at the same time in a way that will keep them as customers (as in, not outright banning them). Maybe they will start buying gold directly from ANet now.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

That helps. I tried to translate the German and it just said gun.

Here is one. https://www.gw2tp.com/item/37492-rifle?full=1 at 42 gold. Whatever it is, it’s very rare. Only 2 in the trading post. There has been a sudden increase in price, from 7 gold to 42.

Those have always been there. They don’t drop anymore or something, this is why they’re so high. There’s one for every weapon of the game.
https://www.gw2tp.com/item/37640-staff
https://www.gw2tp.com/item/37275-focus
https://www.gw2tp.com/item/37676-sword

Gold Transfer Changes

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think the underlying agenda here is to intimidate gold buyers to stop what they’re doing, but at the same time in a way that will keep them as customers (as in, not outright banning them). Maybe they will start buying gold directly from ANet now.

Their next step, they said, is to go after gold buyers. RMT purchases. Expect them to be removed.

ANet may give it to you.

Gold Transfer Changes

Calcanius.5048

Back to topic: 500 is to low

1: Difficult to loan large sum of money to friends
2: Dungeon sellers are helpfull people who help people who cant stand pvp or dungeons, (they can also hit the 500 limit fast)
3: Lottery
4: Helping others with money for legendary
5: impact on seller (minimal at best) many other ways for them to wash the stolen goods to gold.
6: transfer gold between your OWN accounts.
7: the limit is lower than 500 (exampel if you have gotten 350 gold and a friend sends you 200, it says you have gotten 550 and lock the 200 until next week, even though you only gotten 350. Also locks all others)

Summary: raise it to 900 to hit less people who are not in target group and still tease the hackers since they sell 1000 gold at a time. 500 gold is a low amount of gold and can easy be accumeleted within a week, The hackers can easy get around this problem.

Gold Transfer Changes

Just a flesh wound.3589

ANet could at least have exemptions for accounts that have been on a list for a specified period of time. Maybe they could have a new section in the Friends panel for accounts to be exempted from this. If an account is on the list for X amount of time, they can trade freely. This would be useful for people who own more than one account, guilds that have raffles with other guild members and family members. Make it a month so gold sellers can’t easily get around it.

ANet may give it to you.

Gold Transfer Changes

Dayra.7405

I think it is to high, 50 per week would be better. Maybe you have to much Gold, but this is an MMORPG not a banking simulation. The game would be beter if all the things you listed woukd not be possible at all.

Concerning dungeon selling: If the tokens should be buyable for gold, then ANet could make the token tradable on the TP. Done, all this bad mud of dungeon selling gone.

Concerning Gold transfers between own accounts: Having many accounts mean login in with each once a day gives you 40 laurels ( around 50g if you buy T6 mats for laurels) per month per account. I don’t think such money farming should be possible, Collecting 500 per week on your main from you satelites is already far behind everything you can earn by actually playing the game.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Gold Transfer Changes

Calcanius.5048

I think it is to high, 50 per week would be better. Maybe you have to much Gold, but this is an MMORPG not a banking simulation. The game would be beter if all the things you listed woukd not be possible at all.

Concerning dungeon selling: If the tokens should be buyable for gold, then ANet could make the token tradable on the TP. Done, all this bad mud of dungeon selling gone.

Concerning Gold transfers between own accounts: Having many accounts mean login in with each once a day gives you 40 laurels ( around 50g if you buy T6 mats for laurels) per month per account. I don’t think such money farming should be possible, Collecting 500 per week on your main from you satelites is already far behind everything you can earn by actually playing the game.

Concerning the 50 gold limit: There are lots of people who make 50-100 gold a day and even more, this is common when farming for legendary, it realy does not take much luck to earn 500 gold a week if selling everything.

Concerning gold transfer between accounts: Seems like i may not have made myself clear enough to understand:

1: I suffer from mood swings and for that reason i have 50 level 80 toons on more than 1 account, so if i play on other (not main) for a week i will accumelate a large sum of money that will be hard to transfer back to my main.

2: Couples, we are many couples who play guild wars together, and couples often have a HUGE desire to help each other, instance, my wife have a gem addiction so she can get all the outfit and whatever there is in gem store so i transfer large sums of money to her so she can buy gems.

3: It seems that yu forget that there are some friendly player sin the game who sometimes get that silly idea to loan gold to friends so they can buy that big " Pink Fluffy Unicorn" in the shop window that they just saw. this causes problems with 1 and 2. Since when they pay you back, you get to limit even faster.

Hope this helps to understand why 500 is to low and causes problem for so many.

(edited by Calcanius.5048)

Gold Transfer Changes

Dayra.7405

Concerning the 50 gold limit: There are lots of people who make 50-100 gold a day and even more, this is common when farming for legendary, it realy does not take much luck to earn 500 gold a week if selling everything.

Concerning gold transfer between accounts: Seems like i may not have made myself clear enough to understand:

1: I suffer from mood swings and for that reason i have 50 level 80 toons on more than 1 account, so if i play on other (not main) for a week i will accumelate a large sum of money that will be hard to transfer back to my main.

2: Couples, we are many couples who play guild wars together, and couples often have a HUGE desire to help each other, instance, my wife have a gem addiction so she can get all the outfit and whatever there is in gem store so i transfer large sums of money to her so she can buy gems.

3: It seems that yu forget that there are some friendly player sin the game who sometimes get that silly idea to loan gold to friends so they can buy that big " Pink Fluffy Unicorn" in the shop window that they just saw. this causes problems with 1 and 2. Since when they pay you back, you get to limit even faster.

Hope this helps to understand why 500 is to low and causes problem for so many.

No, and I especially do not see the “many”.

Challenge and fun of gaming is to achieve something, if you throw tons of money in every direction (be it your wife, your friends or your toons) you take away everyone challenge and fun. Buying is just a boring button press, earning it, is the game.

Concerning your wife: gem-shop has a “buy a present”. Tried if your wife likes a nice dress mailed to her more than just another pile of gold?

Gold Transfer Changes

Calcanius.5048

I do see you point in the challange, and i respect it, that is your choice that you dont want to help others others or loan money from friends.
But why on earth ruin it for all who use it, thats just silly. By doing this it is the same as telling me how to play my game and that is just wrong in everyway.
The developer keeps praising how friendly the community is, and this actualy works against being friendly, since you will be punished by helping others.
I hit the limit last week and got had money i could not recive until sunday, but when i get those i am already on my way to next weeks limit.

In short: Play how you like, but dont tell others how they should play, if you like the challange of not having any savings then it is you choice, but some does have a fair amount saved, that they can use to help others.

Gold Transfer Changes

Dayra.7405

In short: Play how you like, but dont tell others how they should play, if you like the challange of not having any savings then it is you choice, but some does have a fair amount saved, that they can use to help others.

In short: Play as you like, but do not make requests that beside your own egoistic goals also help RMT-goldbuyer, that push especially gem, but also item prices up to the disadvantage of many people and that finance criminal hacker-networks, that are a thread to any players account.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Gold Transfer Changes

Calcanius.5048

LOL the gold byers dont have that much influence on gem price.
Here are some things that influence gem price:
1: number of desired items for sale
2: amount of gold in the game
In details:
The more desired items anet make for the game that people cant live without the more buy gems and thereby increase the gem price.
People can buy gems 3 ways:
1: legal real life money to anet for gems
2: gold to gems
3: illegal gold sellers
When anet desided to remove the cost of reparing armor they removed a gold sink, thereby decreasing the gold real value.
Rewards: when killing a mob and getting a silver, doing a dungeon and getting a gold, purchase legal gems and converting them to gold: These are all things that lower the value of gold and thereby raising the price of gems.

In short: the lack of gold sinks and the fact that you can purchase gold for real life money thereby increasing the amount of gold in the game is what, increase the gems price, not realey the gold sellers. You need to look at the amont of gold you can make per hour vs the amount of gold you could make per hour 1 year ago. Then you can see that these 2 numbers follow each other.
Anet have printed more ingame money and increase the amount you get to help new player, and is realy them you should blame for the increase in gem price.

(Just so there are no misunderstanding: events like Pavalion and chinese new year envelopes. these 2 put a insane amount of gold into the game, there are also others, but these 2 spings into mind as top events where i and many others made a fortune)

Gold Transfer Changes

Dayra.7405

Here are some things that influence gem price:
1: number of desired items for sale
2: amount of gold in the game

RMT increase the amount of active Gold in the game by either farming/botting Gold themselves or by activating inactive Gold lying on inacive accounts by hacking and robbering them.

You forgot the
3: How many people want to trade gems into gold.
And this is where RMT have massive influence: Every $ buying Gold at a RMT is lost as a $ buying Gems for the Gold-Gem exchange.

People can buy gems 3 ways:
1: legal real life money to anet for gems
2: gold to gems
3: illegal gold sellers

I don’t see a way for 3. Gems are accountbound. How do you get Gems from a RMT?

Instead people that bought Gold for $ buy Gems for Gold.

You see, RMT influence the Gem-Gold rate massively in 2 of the 3 aspects:

• amount of active gold in the game
  • less gems available to be bought by player

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Gold Transfer Changes

Calcanius.5048

This feels hopeless, but i will try again

Gem price:
If i purchase 100 gems for lets say 100 gold, then the gem price will go sligtly up, so the next buyer will have to pay 100 gold and 50 silver.
If i convert gems to gold then the gem price goes slightly down, might even drop a bit over time when there are no demand, (simpel supply and demand issue)

That was gem basic now to gold.

Gold looses its value when there are being put more gold into the game, this happens when anet removes gold sinks like Armor repair and when there are being put more gold into the game like throphies, gold for killing stuff, dungeons and yes to a certain degree restoration of hacked accounts.

Anet have been putting large events where you earn insane amounts of gold, Chinese new year, got around 150% gold back from what i spend when selling trophies, spoons, thats another 10 silver each, the permanent increase to gold find % you get each month, dungeon rewards, other junk you get from game and sell to normal vendor.

That is all increasing the amount of gold in the game and that decrease the gold value, witch you can see in gem price in form of gem price going up, since more convert gold to gems.

Hell i will even trow you a bone and say YES, gold sellers does influence the gem price, but not as much as Anet themself with lack of goldsinks and increase of amount of gold ingame. (edit) And this is to help new players so they will be able to make a fair amount of money and not leaving them beheind, since if the game does not feel rewarding it often make people quit the game
This does however not change the fact that it hurt lots of people with the 500 gold mail restriction, since there are now easy way in game to earn huge amount of gold.

Gold Transfer Changes

Dayra.7405

This feels hopeless, but i will try again

It is, as you are wrong
No idea why you try to defend RMT by denying their negative influence on the gem-gold-rate, but you aren’t doing well. Don’t let your interest in gold-mailing cloud your judgment about their negative impact on GW2s economics..

Gem price:
If i purchase 100 gems for lets say 100 gold, then the gem price will go sligtly up, so the next buyer will have to pay 100 gold and 50 silver.
If i convert gems to gold then the gem price goes slightly down, might even drop a bit over time when there are no demand, (simpel supply and demand issue)

ANet does NOT sell Gold, ANet sells Gems.

Whenever someone want to buy Gold via ANet, he has to buy Gems and then buy gold from the community of all players, which makes gems CHEAPER.

RMT sell Gold. They have to generate the Gold they sell somehow, every Gold sold by RMT is an addition to the amount of available gold held by the player community. As they increase the amount of Gold available to the community, gems become more EXPENSIVE.

Every player buying from a RMT instead of ANet has therefore a DOUBLE negative effect on Gem price: less gems are available (as he did not bought gems) and more gold is in player hand (as the RMT has to generate it somehow).

Of course game mechanics that allow all of us to generate more gold has an influence as well. But this is also available to all of us for time-spend-ingame-to-get-it and not for $ so it’s ok.

I do not think that any of us has the numbers to caculate how much gem price is influenced by RMT and how much it is influenced by missing gold-sinks and increased earnings. But if I look at the effort all these Gold seller do in the real world they must have a quite large volume of both missing gems on the market and added gold on the market..

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: shaunjik.4580

shaunjik.4580

So wait, what? I put in 1500+ gold into my guild bank after i sold bolt recently, thinking about what legendary i wanted to make next… Now i can only take out 500g in a WEEK? This means it’s gonna take me 3 weeks to make sunrise when it should actually only take me 3 days?

I am not happy. This is not good. What the actual heck

Gold Transfer Changes

Dayra.7405

Bad idea to put money in your guild bank anyway.
Gold in the account is restored by ANet if you are hacked. gold in guilds is not.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Sergiu.3698

Sergiu.3698

This 500 gold limit is way to low. At least it should be a quarter of a legendary price weapon, because for ex thats the price for a precursor , and it wasnt just a time that guildies asked me or i Have asked to borrow cash so we can make the shinny weps.
Fine u guys think is going to be a difference by making a limit , im ok with that but there should be kittening arguments in that besides is gonna stop guys selling for real cash and being based on some studies about gold markets.

Pretty sure there is an economist down there , he should have done some studies BASED on Real FACTS- farming spots-dungeons done everyday by a normal person in about some hours of gaming and u pop out a number of cash made everyday by somebody playing casual ~that would be a few hours everyday~2~4 hours, and after that you compare with the other guys that play a bit more and you will pretty much get a middle.

WE have the Mystic Forge , where you try the luck for the precursor and also the GoLD SinK that it represents, so that would be the best of luck the game would have to offer.But guess what most precursors costs over 500 gold and around 1000 gold, so that would be a fair price to move around.

If you want to craft a legendary , being the best what game has to offer , when you have everything besides the precursor , you can’t do it because you need to wait for another week to go by so you can buy the kitten thing.
THis is nothing more than wasting everybodies time in grinding the game on unnecessary things like : TIME.
Instead of punishing us everybody with gold movement why not take measures to bann the kittening accounts that you see everyday spamming around : sell gold etc.Tired of reporting those hamsters and get them on ignore list.

Not to mention there should have been a way of transferring Based on Guild M8s time in guild , on friendlists or why not achievement points.
Achievement points means that you have played the game and more than likely your account is not new to don’t give a kitten about it .After you play the game for a while you more and likely would feel bad if your 10-15~20k achievements gets wasted .Pretty sure that accounts that sell gold for Real cash are using new accounts , so if you guys want to limit somebody thats a starting point limit.

So that being said 500 gold is way to low , make it 1000~ we can be happy around it.

twitch:enses_09

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to target you with that. I suppose I’m so steeped in MMOs these days that it seems the knowledge is everywhere now that gold buying is improper. Otoh now a ton of apps ding you for real cash purchases left right and center, so it’s less clear that throwing cash at games is not how one really plays the game.

I did sound rather high-handed and high-horsed. It came out of my frustration with gold seller leeches, and perhaps out of some RL stuff I’m going through but the latter is no excuse at all. I apologize.

More of this. Deepest respect with your honest apology and introspection.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Let us be able to see how much more gold we can receive through mail please.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

look on the bright side, if your account gets compromised, you won’t lose all your gold

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I have been placing all my gold in my personal guild banks…a little over 6000 gold, that I now is not able to withdraw all at one time.

With the 500 gold limit it will take me 12 weeks (3 months) to be able to get my gold …

Is that really the purpose with this rule?
- I am very displeased with this restriction and this new restriction is gonna affect a lot of people that have honest reasons in this game.

I sure hope you don’t want me to wait 3 months to get my gold out of my personal guild banks, that I have earned the last 2½ years.

1. This isn’t a bug; it’s a design decision for dealing with RMTs. (As Robotosis says, right now a compromised account can lose everything from their personal guild bank and there’s no restoration on guild banks.)
  2. I doubt very much if ANet likes the idea of inconveniencing customers, especially not for 3 months. On the other hand, they have always encouraged us to use the wallet and reminded us that guild banks aren’t eligible for restoration.

I sympathize with the OP’s situation, but I doubt ANet is going to make a substantial change in the mechanics any time soon.

@Helle: I recommend you take a few minutes to create a support ticket and see if Customer Service can create an exception for you. (I suspect not, but only costs you a few minutes to find out.)

edit: added quote from the OP to whom I was responding, since after merging, the context was otherwise lost

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Ylvina.6749

Ylvina.6749

okay.. this change is completly bullkitten… today i tried to get 800 gold out of my personal storage guild bank to finally buy me the precursor i miss… guess what? the game said “kitten you”. yes i am kittened. im really kittened because i have 2.000 gold in my bank which i cant get out -.- and guess what? i put it in there to prevent a fail buy on the TP. one wrong click and i may spend 200 gold or more…

i can understand that anet wants to prevent RMT and account hacking. but this is definetly not the right way…

also: get rid of this stupid bump warning -.-

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I know L2 managed to figure it out. They are owned by the same people, it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out the code.

what about implementing to see where your mail has been sent? When my acc got hacked last year, i have a slight theory on mail was being used to send to their own characters.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Legado.6925

Legado.6925

Sigh, is this really what you call a solution? This hurts the players too. Anet please just hire me so I can help you guys create a better game. Thanks!

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: PH Law.4063

PH Law.4063

I hate to necro things but i came back from months of break just to find out this happened…you know you guys always manage to do something that prevents me from fully coming back to gw2 and enjoying the game…
I lend gold to friends to make legendaries and in return they pay me back slowly in their own time…now i login game my friend is able to pay me but sadly i am only able to get 500 gold per week? i dont understand how this is going to prevent gold sellers because honestly they will find ways around it. In all your hurting the general population more then a few gold sellers out there.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I hate to necro things but i came back from months of break just to find out this happened…you know you guys always manage to do something that prevents me from fully coming back to gw2 and enjoying the game…
I lend gold to friends to make legendaries and in return they pay me back slowly in their own time…now i login game my friend is able to pay me but sadly i am only able to get 500 gold per week? i dont understand how this is going to prevent gold sellers because honestly they will find ways around it. In all your hurting the general population more then a few gold sellers out there.

Why not buy the items that they need and send those to them? It won’t resolve the gold issue but at least it allows you to still help your friends the same as if you had sent them gold.

Gold Transfer Changes

PH Law.4063

uh because when i need them to pay me back i expect it to be gold not items i mean what ur saying is entirely true i buy them precursors and mats and etc and in return they pay me back according to how much the legendary currently cost in gold not in items….
you know this is the kinda bs that prevents players from coming back…and this is also the kinda bs that makes people want to quit…

(edited by PH Law.4063)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Oh well. No more being the sugar daddy.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

uh because when i need them to pay me back i expect it to be gold not items i mean what ur saying is entirely true i buy them precursors and mats and etc and in return they pay me back according to how much the legendary currently cost in gold not in items….
you know this is the kinda bs that prevents players from coming back…and this is also the kinda bs that makes people want to quit…

I understand that but think about how many people over the entire player base that this change actually impacts? That’s one of the reasons that they settled on 500G. Although I do find it annoying if I were to transfer gold between my accounts, I personally don’t see it having much of an impact on retaining/attracting players.

Gold Transfer Changes

PH Law.4063

the sheer inconvenience is one of the reasons why my friends decided to quit

Gold Transfer Changes

Behellagh.1468

Problem solved then.

So you are saying that you loaned out funds weekly that exceeded 500 gold to various players. And since they can’t get the gold in a lump sum or you can’t withdraw the gold they are paying back fast enough that they lost whatever motivation they had to play. Sounds like they were already tired over the game and it was your Sugar Daddying of them that let this entourage hang around you.

Now I can understand you not being able to replenish your loan supply which in turn diminishes your ability to loan it back out. But the solution of having you and them pay each other in goods that they want and you can sell quickly on the TP as one solution.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Gold Transfer Changes

Just a flesh wound.3589

I wonder how all the people who didn’t have someone to loan them a couple thousand gold managed it then. They must have done it all by themselves.

ANet may give it to you.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Flakkenmarsh.6573

Flakkenmarsh.6573

Just a mention regarding Iason Evan’s post from a month ago:

I’d like to be able to store gold in my account bank. Why?
It would feel much more like saving; to limit myself to having, say, 50g in my account wallet, and to deposit the rest to my bank. I guess it’s kinda redundant and unnecessary, but I like the idea of having a piggy bank – to save up for something.

I tend to be more willing to spend if I see exactly how much gold I have. “Bah, I have [x]g. I’m just gonna go ahead and buy that [Gem Store item] .” instead of “Hm.. I’m a bit low on this week’s allowance. I’d rather wait for it to go on sale.

Or something

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

We are introducing a change to gold transfers as part of an effort to address fraud and account theft. Beginning on March 31, 2015, there will be a limit on how much gold a single player can receive through in-game mail and/or the Guild Vault each week. This limit, which is based on historical data, should not affect the normal transfer of gold between players. It is designed to prevent rapid and abusive transfers of gold that may be part of account takeovers, fraud, and RMT (gold selling).

Full details about the system:

1. Each account will have a limit on how much gold can be moved from its mail in-box and Guild Vault into its wallet each week.
  2. If you receive more gold through in-game mail than you can accept in a week, the gold will remain attached to the mail in your in-box and can be retrieved up to the limit the following week or in subsequent weeks.
  3. For the purposes of this limit, a week begins at 12:01 AM UTC each Sunday (5:01 PM PDT/4:01 PM PST Saturday).
  4. Gold received from the Trading Post is not subject to this limit.
  5. The maximum amount of gold that can be sent via a single in-game mail will be 500 gold.
  6. The maximum total amount of gold that an individual player account can accept in a week will be 500 gold.
  7. We will monitor this system and may make changes to the limits if we find that changes are necessary.

See I have a problem with this and it’s not with this system it’s with the fact that after three years of DR that you finally are using something that we suggested as an alternative.

So to me it’s a slap in the face. We told you for years that DR wouldn’t work, that it didn’t take out any bots or gold farmers and you still didn’t listen so now I have a question….

Since you’re finally using the successful industry standard to stop gold selling in it’s tracks what will happen to DR will you finally at long last remove it?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Since you’re finally using the successful industry standard to stop gold selling in it’s tracks what will happen to DR will you finally at long last remove it?

Thats a good question actually..id never even thought of that. I doubt it really, but it would sure be nice!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Gold Transfer Changes

Behellagh.1468

That assumes that DR was solely added to stop RMT.

RIP City of Heroes

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

Anyone else notice that the gold limit hasn’t reset this week yet? Its 30 minutes late

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Anyone else notice that the gold limit hasn’t reset this week yet? Its 30 minutes late

Daily reset isn’t for another 20 mins or so. You’re early.

Gold Transfer Changes

Behellagh.1468

RIP City of Heroes

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It was in fact they made an official statement as to why they were adding DR and it was solely to stop gold sellers and nothing else.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Gold Transfer Changes

Just a flesh wound.3589

It was in fact they made an official statement as to why they were adding DR and it was solely to stop gold sellers and nothing else.

Source?

I can see how Diminishing Returns affects bots. I can’t imagine how it affects gold sellers sitting in cities selling gold.

ANet may give it to you.