Gold Transfer Changes

Gold Transfer Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SpyderBite.6274

SpyderBite.6274

This wont help people who have less than 500 gold get there stuff back or whatever if they get hacked..i mean its nice of course, but still for those that dont have anywhere near that limit..

Use better passwords. Use better email management/security. Don’t share your passwords with guildmates or siggy others.

And most important; stop calling it “hacked”. No one is compromising the Anet computers via a flaw in their security protocols. Accounts are compromised using the very adequate security in place by taking advantage of the lack of common sense people use when setting up and managing their accounts/passwords.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

One more thing, the Gold transfer limit also helps protect Guild Banks, since hackers cannot take more than 500 Gold out of the account. So if you have more than that in your Guild Bank, at least you’ll have something left after a hacking. Anet does not restore Guild Banks, so this is just one good side effect of this limit.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

Not sure what to think about the past few hours of posts here. tyu, you admit that you only get about 10 Gold per week in donations, so that’s a non-issue. Your main gripe is the ability to transfer Gold between accounts. Then you bring up you farm with 2 accounts, which is a red flag in and of itself. In order to lead a proper SW Chest run, you realistically cannot manually control more than one account at a time without botting the second account. Alt-tabbing and running every few feet slows down the run. So forgive me when I say that your story has holes in it. GM Chris is able to look into your account history, so I have faith in him to catch botters. If you’re legit, then fine. But as of now, I feel that there’s really no further need to complain, as this Gold transfer limit is pretty much set.

Farming with 2 accounts is a red flag? Enough with people who have ZERO knowledge typing. Please learn what is allowed and what is not allowed then type things like this. It is like calling an innocent person a thief at this point. I sometimes wish this kind of misinformation spreading was bannable too.

I am very well known on EU silverwastes so no my story has no holes and have hundreds of people that can confirm it all. Please do NOT talk if you do NOT have knowledge.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Farming with 2 accounts is a red flag? Enough with people who have ZERO knowledge typing. Please learn what is allowed and what is not allowed then type things like this. It is like calling an innocent person a thief at this point. I sometimes wish this kind of misinformation spreading was bannable too.

I am very well known on EU silverwastes so no my story has no holes and have hundreds of people that can confirm it all. Please do NOT talk if you do NOT have knowledge.

Farming with 2 accounts simultaneously is bannable if you use a program to control your alt. I’m were aware of what’s allowed and what’s not, so let’s not try to distract from this. GM Chris banned a botter and all his other accounts for doing similar. You can multibox to have multiple accounts online at the same time, but you need to manually play one account at a time. That means alt-tabbing and moving each character individually. Doing this for hours and hours on end, and making more than 500 Gold on each account each week leaves me skeptical. That’s the red flag. And remember, I said that if you’re legit, then fine.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Gold Transfer Changes

tyu.9470

Farming with 2 accounts simultaneously is bannable if you use a program to control your alt. I’m were aware of what’s allowed and what’s not, so let’s not try to distract from this. GM Chris banned a botter and all his other accounts for doing similar. You can multibox to have multiple accounts online at the same time, but you need to manually play one account at a time. That means alt-tabbing and moving each character individually. Doing this for hours and hours on end, and making more than 500 Gold on each account each week leaves me skeptical. That’s the red flag. And remember, I said that if you’re legit, then fine.

I just don’t get why you’d be skeptical. It is very easy to control 2 accounts for some people. It is more of a skill than a talent – do it for a week and you’ll be just fine running around pressing loot button. I can do dungeons with them but that’s another story

I just find it very rude you HAVE TO be skeptical or use terms like red flag but we are off-topic now.

It really saddens me how people that are not effected by the restriction have such an easy time telling another player to just deal with it.. or even go as far as to say support SHOULD NOT support these cases.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Suggesting CS (Customer Support) to support 1 or multiple customers is not welcome? This is basicly their job. I’m not saying it should have a prior over other stuff.. i am all ok waiting for a week.

Where do we make a line to say a customer is not ok to seek support? Also i think you underestimate the amount of players that need to do this. If i made up a number like 1% i’d not be shooting too far when i say this’d cost them 1% of what it costs them to reply to tickets that say hi.

Just because it doesn’t effect you doesn’t mean it is not worth supporting. And thank for telling me to deal with it or gtfo in a nice manner..but that is basicly what you said at the end. I like this game – i am asking for help i have no plans on playing another game.

Lemme tell you another bug that is happening in GW2. A very VERY (probably less than the ppl in my spot due to gold) small amount of people experience a bug where they get DC from log-in servers due to their friendlist being too populated. I am one of them. And guess what? They do support this and although no ETA they are working on it and bla and bla. My point is – just because something only effects a couple people you thinking deal with it or gtfo or no support cause not enough ppl effected is very poorly thought.

I’ll sleep now – thanks all for your opinions on the subject so far!

huh.. of course they will support something that is bug related.. your multi boxing money transfer dilemma is not a bug.
The rules are there for us all to abide by.. a cap has been set for everyone, if you choose to try and circumvent it then expect appropriate actions to be taken. You might feel their are lots of players like you including goldsellers and map donation scavengers etc but the rule is what it is.. asking CS to jump through a hoop and try to wave a magic wand for you, means they have to then wave it for everyone else and that isn’t going to happen and quite rightly so.

I have seen the type of LFG’s posted up for SW chest farm “donations welcomed”.. well sorry any fool that wants to donate to you is just that a fool. The chest farm is there for any and all and your choice to put a tag on for 5-6 hours a day is your choice but asking for donation.. hmm suspicious much… lols it’s rude to send it back yeah right.. I have run a few of those SW chest runs and a constant “please donate peeps” is a frequent map chat request alongside that LFG.

Simple fact – there is limit set for the amount of gold you or I can move around, period!
CS are not here to give you some kind of special snowflake treatment in order to circumvent the rules.
CS wont have the time to dedicate staff to interrogate every single players account/account activity/ in game activity in order to prove the player is legit and not some bot owner trying it on… the rule is there for good reason and anything that falls outside that rule is either acted on or in your case filed appropriately.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Well, I rarely read forum / patch notes so it’s gonna take me weeks to withdraw all the money from my personal guild’s stash… I’m okay with that but please give me an account bank only for money with a pin code and unlimited gold deposit / withdraw! I don’t like running around with thousands of gold in my inventory (too tempted to spend all of it)… The rest can stay limited but I reeeally want an account bank / money stash / call it whatever. XD

Gold Transfer Changes

tyu.9470

Suggesting CS (Customer Support) to support 1 or multiple customers is not welcome? This is basicly their job. I’m not saying it should have a prior over other stuff.. i am all ok waiting for a week.

Where do we make a line to say a customer is not ok to seek support? Also i think you underestimate the amount of players that need to do this. If i made up a number like 1% i’d not be shooting too far when i say this’d cost them 1% of what it costs them to reply to tickets that say hi.

Just because it doesn’t effect you doesn’t mean it is not worth supporting. And thank for telling me to deal with it or gtfo in a nice manner..but that is basicly what you said at the end. I like this game – i am asking for help i have no plans on playing another game.

Lemme tell you another bug that is happening in GW2. A very VERY (probably less than the ppl in my spot due to gold) small amount of people experience a bug where they get DC from log-in servers due to their friendlist being too populated. I am one of them. And guess what? They do support this and although no ETA they are working on it and bla and bla. My point is – just because something only effects a couple people you thinking deal with it or gtfo or no support cause not enough ppl effected is very poorly thought.

I’ll sleep now – thanks all for your opinions on the subject so far!

huh.. of course they will support something that is bug related.. your multi boxing money transfer dilemma is not a bug.
The rules are there for us all to abide by.. a cap has been set for everyone, if you choose to try and circumvent it then expect appropriate actions to be taken. You might feel their are lots of players like you including goldsellers and map donation scavengers etc but the rule is what it is.. asking CS to jump through a hoop and try to wave a magic wand for you, means they have to then wave it for everyone else and that isn’t going to happen and quite rightly so.

I have seen the type of LFG’s posted up for SW chest farm “donations welcomed”.. well sorry any fool that wants to donate to you is just that a fool. The chest farm is there for any and all and your choice to put a tag on for 5-6 hours a day is your choice but asking for donation.. hmm suspicious much… lols it’s rude to send it back yeah right.. I have run a few of those SW chest runs and a constant “please donate peeps” is a frequent map chat request alongside that LFG.

I dont even care about the 1st part. There are no donations welcome there is no asking there are no fools. I’ve never asked in LFG for donations heck i dont even put up LFG i can get a map full from empty just by telling ppl i am starting on my map. There is a guild specificly following me to farm with me. I’ve never even said i ask for donations or anything EVER. I’d go in detail about how efficent sw farm is not about just tagging but that is not a topic for this thread.

I don’t know what kinda bad experiences you had in your life to be so bitter i feel sad for you. Just stop this offensive attack and stick to topic. I get mails that have very trvial money in them – trivial! they dont MATTER. What matters is that i will NOT return a mail that says thank you. Manners matter to me. They also know i dont need that couple silver. Seriously have you NEVER been good at something in an MMO and lead people? God.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: DrParadise.2506

DrParadise.2506

Well I have saved up enough gold to buy Dusk to finish my legendary. Saved up all my money in my personal guild bank. Tried to take it all out and couldn’t. Took out 500g and remembered the 500g cap. Read up on it some more and found out I’ll have to wait a week to finish it. Got my friend on to send it to me via mail thinking that might work, nope. Now I have the gold I need sitting in my mail. Long story short I was wonder if you could raise the cap? Maybe just for people with special cases( I know I sound selfish and crazy). I know there is no other good way to handle gold sellers but maybe raise the cap to 1,000g? Thank You for your time!

-Subject
Season 1-4 Legend
Won AG once~Played in some tournies…

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Long story short I was wonder if you could raise the cap? Maybe just for people with special cases( I know I sound selfish and crazy). I know there is no other good way to handle gold sellers but maybe raise the cap to 1,000g? Thank You for your time!

Like I said in your other thread I don’t think they will ever raise the cap for “special cases”. Support has enough to deal with without getting flooded with requests about a special case. Plus what would qualify as a special case and how would support even verify it? What about stolen accounts that could request a “special case” and then take the gold for nefarious reasons?

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

This has become a serious issue preventing our guild’s ability to function currently, and block our progress and ability in the game. Managing one of the primary guild banks that run WvW on Jade Quarry, we supply food, siege, weapons, armor, runes and sigils to our members to be able to keep up with our daily guild raids and proper party composition. We currently run multiple map pin raids on multiple maps many times a day and our objective is to have commanders for every time zone running on multiple maps. In order to do this, all our members and other members of the server send me gold and I buy the items that are provided and supplied to all of our commanders and members. We drop many pots of lemongrass and poultry soup and seaweed salad at a time on multiple maps, we go through thousands of superior siege and and also provide individual top level food and toxic sharpening stones for our members. All of these things add up very quickly, and as we have grown, this limitation is not sufficient and is interfering with our ability to operate and will be negatively impacting hundreds of players in our guild and on our server that depend on us to get these things done right. If we do not have siege and food to run because " oh no the guild leaders and officers can no longer use the gold that was sent for the guild" it blocks our progress to be able to raid. Not everyone can make armor, weapons, lemongrass pots, toxic sharpening stones, and seaweed salad feasts, that is why the gold is sent to the player who can.

This limitation is punishing those who donate their time to help to others by putting an expiration on their account for being charitable. If there is a lifetime limit to how much gold you can be sent, that basically says " do not bother putting all the time and effort into your account because it expires when you reach this limit because you are not allowed to help fellow players in the game."

We had been discussing helping our members make ascended armor, weapons and legendaries, but how can we do this when the people that are the " treasurers" for the guild cannot even receive the money to do so and will be punished for helping others?

Currently, we could not even finish buying the materials to stock our guild food due to this limit not allowing me and other leadership being maxed on the amount of gold they can receive for the week. This limitation is not adequate for large WvW guilds on T1 server and is negatively impacting our game play. Golem rushes are expensive, superior siege is expensive, guild catapults are expensive, top level food , armor and weapons is expensive and running multiple pins on multiple maps many times a day is much more than 500g a week, and even the lifetime limit on accounts is worrisome considering how much we burn through a day…

If this is not resolved, we may have to start a multi server petition to have it removed as it is tying the hands of guilds being able to function in WvW.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

What lifetime limit? Is this something new?

If you decide to implement a petition, be aware it would not be allowed on these forums.

Good luck.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

This has become a serious issue preventing our guild’s ability to function currently, and block our progress and ability in the game. Managing one of the primary guild banks that run WvW on Jade Quarry, we supply food, siege, weapons, armor, runes and sigils to our members to be able to keep up with our daily guild raids and proper party composition. We currently run multiple map pin raids on multiple maps many times a day and our objective is to have commanders for every time zone running on multiple maps. In order to do this, all our members and other members of the server send me gold and I buy the items that are provided and supplied to all of our commanders and members. We drop many pots of lemongrass and poultry soup and seaweed salad at a time on multiple maps, we go through thousands of superior siege and and also provide individual top level food and toxic sharpening stones for our members. All of these things add up very quickly, and as we have grown, this limitation is not sufficient and is interfering with our ability to operate and will be negatively impacting hundreds of players in our guild and on our server that depend on us to get these things done right. If we do not have siege and food to run because " oh no the guild leaders and officers can no longer use the gold that was sent for the guild" it blocks our progress to be able to raid. Not everyone can make armor, weapons, lemongrass pots, toxic sharpening stones, and seaweed salad feasts, that is why the gold is sent to the player who can.

This limitation is punishing those who donate their time to help to others by putting an expiration on their account for being charitable. If there is a lifetime limit to how much gold you can be sent, that basically says " do not bother putting all the time and effort into your account because it expires when you reach this limit because you are not allowed to help fellow players in the game."

We had been discussing helping our members make ascended armor, weapons and legendaries, but how can we do this when the people that are the " treasurers" for the guild cannot even receive the money to do so and will be punished for helping others?

Currently, we could not even finish buying the materials to stock our guild food due to this limit not allowing me and other leadership being maxed on the amount of gold they can receive for the week. This limitation is not adequate for large WvW guilds on T1 server and is negatively impacting our game play. Golem rushes are expensive, superior siege is expensive, guild catapults are expensive, top level food , armor and weapons is expensive and running multiple pins on multiple maps many times a day is much more than 500g a week, and even the lifetime limit on accounts is worrisome considering how much we burn through a day…

If this is not resolved, we may have to start a multi server petition to have it removed as it is tying the hands of guilds being able to function in WvW.

This, so much this!!! This has just stalled out our WvW guild for the next few weeks. This is beyond broken, and really needs to be fixed. The result is ending up where one person is going to be required to hold all the guild gold, instead of keeping it in the guild bank.

How could anyone think that was a better idea?!

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The result is ending up where one person is going to be required to hold all the guild gold, instead of keeping it in the guild bank.

That won’t work. Sending the gold to this one guy is going to hit the limit as well.

In any case, this is a WvW issue, so it’s probably best to not expect much consideration about it from Anet.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

As someone with multiple accounts, the 500g per week limit is horribly restrictive.

A method, any method, to provide additional authentication would be a godsend.

Whether it be using an authenticator, or a second password. Just something.

Currently I’m unable to upgrade a guild bank on my alternative account because the system simply doesn’t work and has flagged my account as being over 500g despite not receiving any money except from the trading post.

But even if not suffering from this bug, those with multiple accounts and a fair amount of gold are needlessly befuddled. The benefit I get from this is zero, I have IP verification, unless someone breaks in to my house they aren’t getting my gold, and I’d hope that anyone with over 500g in coin is the same.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

and whats stoping you from taking those other accounts join the guild you want to upgrade and buy the influence without transfering money?

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

As someone with multiple accounts, the 500g per week limit is horribly restrictive.

You 1%-ers and your problems :P

Gold Transfer Changes

Risingashes.8694

How is this anything else but bald-faced jealousy?

Gold Transfer Changes

Bloodstealer.5978

The gold limit is a little to generous imo and I for one wouldn’t be upset if they sliced it in half, if it can rid the game of those goldscamming scum and the ever increasing scavengers asking for gold in map chat..

The transfer limits were put in place for good reasons and allowing ways to circumvent the rules for individuals whether for legitimate reasons or not is simply not a good idea.. it kinda says “what’s the point of having rules in the first place”

Nah you took a decision to purchase a second account so now you gotta go make your money the same way other players have to in order to build your guild (which for all we know could just be a smokescreen behind a n other reason for your post).

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t think it’s fair to criticize the [OP of the message to which I replied] for wanting things to be easy. After all, they bought multiple accounts (which benefits ANet directly). It’s reasonable to think folks shouldn’t be penalized for being successful at earning gold.

However, it’s also reasonable that ANet institute mechanics to prevent gold sellers from transferring money easily. The 500g limit makes it a lot less attractive to potential buyers, since it increases the inconvenience and increases the risk of buying gold on the black market. If that reduces the amount of gold selling substantially, I’m all for it: reducing gold selling benefits the entire community in large and small ways.

tl;dr I’m sympathetic to the OP’s view; I just think ANet is right to go after gold sellers (and buyers), even if it makes things more inconvenient for some of us.

In terms of the specific issues raises, the 500g/week can be worked around, using some creative management. It certainly won’t be as convenient as it was before, which is partly the goal of having a limit.

And for setting up a guild bank, I’m unsure why the primary account can’t buy the influence necessary. Is there some reason the secondary account needs to spend the coin?

edit: this made more sense before the topic was merged

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

A method, any method, to provide additional authentication would be a godsend.

Whether it be using an authenticator, or a second password. Just something.

Currently I’m unable to upgrade a guild bank on my alternative account because the system simply doesn’t work and has flagged my account as being over 500g despite not receiving any money except from the trading post.

But even if not suffering from this bug, those with multiple accounts and a fair amount of gold are needlessly befuddled. The benefit I get from this is zero, I have IP verification, unless someone breaks in to my house they aren’t getting my gold, and I’d hope that anyone with over 500g in coin is the same.

The 500g per week limit was not introduced so hackers have a harder time getting your gold.

It was introduced so RMT has a harder time getting their gold to customers.

Working as intended and not going to go for a while.

Gold Transfer Changes

Bloodstealer.5978

I don’t think it’s fair to criticize the OP for wanting things to be easy. After all, they bought multiple accounts (which benefits ANet directly). It’s reasonable to think folks shouldn’t be penalized for being successful at earning gold.

However, it’s also reasonable that ANet institute mechanics to prevent gold sellers from transferring money easily. The 500g limit makes it a lot less attractive to potential buyers, since it increases the inconvenience and increases the risk of buying gold on the black market. If that reduces the amount of gold selling substantially, I’m all for it: reducing gold selling benefits the entire community in large and small ways.

tl;dr I’m sympathetic to the OP’s view; I just think ANet is right to go after gold sellers (and buyers), even if it makes things more inconvenient for some of us.

In terms of the specific issues raises, the 500g/week can be worked around, using some creative management. It certainly won’t be as convenient as it was before, which is partly the goal of having a limit.

And for setting up a guild bank, I’m unsure why the primary account can’t buy the influence necessary. Is there some reason the secondary account needs to spend the coin?

I think that’s kinda what I said.. I wasn’t criticising the OP btw, I have nothing against players being good at the game and reaping the spoils for the efforts (I too have considered purchasing a second account but I missed the last 75% window so that put paid to that idea).
I just don’t see any reason to make rules then allow them to be worked around for the same reasons they were put in place for.. to curtail the movement of gold in order to try and out the goldselling scum.
As I said I think its a good idea to have the rules in place but imo I think 500g/week is still to generous amount.

As for the notion of needing more to be able to upgrade a guild bank on a second account.. sounds a little fishy to me as there are already “easy” ways to do that like you and other posters have already highlighted.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

If they add any sort of way to bypass the restriction, the restriction will become pointless.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Going back to the original announcement the impact from the limit to mail based on their data was around 1 in 32,000 legitimate players would encounter it. Sorry if you’re one of those OP.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

How is this anything else but bald-faced jealousy?

I never said I wasn’t jealous XD

But I could be a puppy strangler and that wouldn’t make you any less of a 1%-er. It’s a fallacy to consider it otherwise. But now that I actually look up the figures you’re technically a 1.8%-er.

http://massivelyop.com/2015/03/31/guild-wars-2-limits-gold-transactions-abusive-language/

Going back to the original announcement the impact from the limit to mail based on their data was around 1 in 32,000 legitimate players would encounter it. Sorry if you’re one of those OP.

Like I said 1%-ers and their problems.

Gold Transfer Changes

Bloodstealer.5978

If they add any sort of way to bypass the restriction, the restriction will become pointless.

My point exactly

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I agree, the limit should be increased to 5k Gold. 500 is nothing.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

I agree, the limit should be increased to 5k Gold. 500 is nothing.

500g is apparently so much that the change only effected 1% of the playerbase, so I would say that it is more than enough. Increasing it to 5k gold would make it completely pointless.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Behellagh.1468

It affects way less than 1%.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Gold-Transfer-Changes/4933116

Try 0.0031% of legit players.

RIP City of Heroes

Gold Transfer Changes

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The reported data was only for mail. They confirmed later that it did not include transfers from guild banks (whether personal or shared). In that same post, they said they expected that this would inconvenience some guilds, but that was an acceptable downside, since there are workarounds and both restrictions need to be in place to have any impact.

I’m not sure I agree with ANet that there are simple workarounds for large guilds holding lotteries and asking for donations for siege. Still, it’s hard to imagine the system would combat gold selling/buying without limits on the guild system, too.

Gold Transfer Changes

Risingashes.8694

Who cares what proportion it affects?

It affects some and there are multiple implementations that would completely eliminate the issue altogether.

Second password, email authorization, voluntary opt-out with a 1 month waiting period and no support if hacked.

False dichotomy isn’t appreciated.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It affects some and there are multiple implementations that would completely eliminate the issue altogether.

Second password, email authorization, voluntary opt-out with a 1 month waiting period and no support if hacked.

I do. I don’t feel that ANet should try to accommodate 0.0031% of players when there are other issues that affect a greater proportion of players. Such as glitches. Dungeon issues. WvW issues.

Especially when those 0.0031% of players have access to workarounds.

Yes, it stinks that there is a limit and I do feel for legit players and guilds affected by the limits. But I’m sure ANet looked at the numbers affected at lower limits as well as higher limits and placed it at the spot where they felt the balance between hindering gold sellers and letting legit players play unhindered was the best that it could be.

Gold Transfer Changes

Risingashes.8694

Also to those claiming the purpose of the limit is to stop RMT: wow. What a joke.

All you’d do is send people high priced liquid items instead. You lose 15%, the money is stolen anyway so who cares.

Oh look, now we’re talking about hacked accounts again and the circle continues.

Legit players are hurt by this, RMT/hackers just slice a bit off their stolen money and continue on to the next victim. And regardless of what the supposed percentage is (which undoubtedly is calculated by those who have mail gold they’re unable to retrieve rather than the actual figure of those discouraged from storing gold in their guild bank or transferring freely between alt accounts) innocent people shouldn’t be treated like virtual criminals just to give the appearance (and only the appearance) of fighting wrongdoers.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Also to those claiming the purpose of the limit is to stop RMT: wow. What a joke.

All you’d do is send people high priced liquid items instead. You lose 15%, the money is stolen anyway so who cares.

Oh look, now we’re talking about hacked accounts again and the circle continues.

Legit players are hurt by this, RMT/hackers just slice a bit off their stolen money and continue on to the next victim. And regardless of what the supposed percentage is (which undoubtedly is calculated by those who have mail gold they’re unable to retrieve rather than the actual figure of those discouraged from storing gold in their guild bank or transferring freely between alt accounts) innocent people shouldn’t be treated like virtual criminals just to give the appearance (and only the appearance) of fighting wrongdoers.

Slows things down and makes it a bit more cumbersome. And they have to send items that will turn around quickly and will give the gold promised.

ANet never claimed it would stop RMT and no one in this thread said it would.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If it is easy for RMTs to get around the limit, why is it not also easy for players to get around the limits? As suggested, send high-priced items, instead. I’m sure anyone would be happy to invest a bit of extra work and value to insure a healthier game for everyone. =)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Why should legitimate players loose 15% of their money each time they money around wealth just to circumvent the restrictions?
Its not like they have been taxed multiple times before by the trading post to make said wealth.

RMT does not affect me. I just block + report any gold seller and move on. So I am not happy to have any additional restrictions. Its like celebrating the NSA or other spy agencies because it might reduce terrorism. Truth is, I rather would die by terrorism than getting spied all the time.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

Gold Transfer Changes

Behellagh.1468

ANet obviously since from the way they see it it inconveniences 56 RMT transfers for every legitimate one. Needs of the many, making life more difficult for RMT groups, out ways the needs of the few and sorry, you’re on the wrong end of that scale.

And what prevents RMT from also taking advantage of any of the workarounds you’ve suggested. New accounts also have limitations in transfer or gem to gold conversion to also inconvenience RMTs.

Your OP Rising, pre-merger, was about needing the gold for guild improvements. Since guild improvements need influence and not gold then why not have your 2nd character join the same guild and convert his gold into Letter of Thanks and then apply them to the guild.

RIP City of Heroes

Gold Transfer Changes

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The RMTs care, that’s why. ANet just decreased their profits significantly, which reduces the premium for buying black market gold. That makes it more likely that people will buy from ANet instead.

Ultimately, financial criminals are always going to find ways to circumvent the law. The trick is to find ways to make it less profitable.

We don’t have enough data to say whether this is working or not. According to ANet, it affects a tiny subset of players and has a big impact on RMT. If that’s true, I’m in favor of being personally inconvenienced.

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

Why should legitimate players loose 15% of their money each time they money around wealth just to circumvent the restrictions?
Its not like they have been taxed multiple times before by the trading post to make said wealth.

RMT does not affect me. I just block + report any gold seller and move on. So I am not happy to have any additional restrictions. Its like celebrating the NSA or other spy agencies because it might reduce terrorism. Truth is, I rather would die by terrorism than getting spied all the time.

It is actually rather naive to claim that RMT does not affect you.
It might not affect you directly, but indirectly it affects everyone that plays the game.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Hello community!
Dungeon seller here.

This restriction is very annoying. Dungeon (FOTM) selling is literally the only thing that is left to do in this game due to the lack of new content (we all patiently waiting for expansion). And we cannot even do that anymore since all 3 members of our team getting gold cap in 2-3 days.

I fully understand where you guys coming from with this change but please reconsider the gold cap or do something else to help your paying customers (not RMT). This change not only affects dungeon sellers but also large WvW guilds and RP guilds that used to organize raffles.

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

And why should they take unsupported activities into account in the first place?

The raffles can easily bypass the whole issue by giving away items instead of gold.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Behellagh.1468

Hello community!
Dungeon seller here.

This restriction is very annoying. Dungeon (FOTM) selling is literally the only thing that is left to do in this game due to the lack of new content (we all patiently waiting for expansion). And we cannot even do that anymore since all 3 members of our team getting gold cap in 2-3 days.

I fully understand where you guys coming from with this change but please reconsider the gold cap or do something else to help your paying customers (not RMT). This change not only affects dungeon sellers but also large WvW guilds and RP guilds that used to organize raffles.

Too bad. I consider Dungeon Sellers just above RMT and a byproduct of the elitism of dungeon speed runners. If players were more open about who joined them then you sellers wouldn’t have a ready supply of clientele. Also DS is ripe with players who rip off the very players who pay them by booting them before the final chest drop.

Give me a dozen market manipulating flippers than one dungeon seller any day. You are suppose to be heroes, not sell swords.

RIP City of Heroes

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Anet produced a tool that facilitates dungeon selling. Anet then stated that it appropriate and permitted to use the tool for dungeon selling. This is support for dungeon selling.

That said, I think that the potential benefits outweigh the drawbacks in this case even if Anet is understating the impact on legitimate players.

Gold Transfer Changes

Skady.5916

As Lordkrall said, anet allows selling dungeons or fractals but it doesn’t support it.
Raising the gold cap for those of us that sell them could be considered as an indirect support of dungeon selling.

Also they are not gonna discriminate which individuals should have the gold cap raised. That’s utopic. They have a pretty large playerbase and it would take them ages to do so, also plenty of issues would arise in the process of doing so.

I believe you misreading what I was saying. No one requests for any kind of “support” for dungeon selling or other services selling. All we asking about – don’t ruin our game experience.

Some people choose to spend 1-2 hours in a daily pug fractals, some choose to spend 5 min and buy a run. The more choices the better.

-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

I believe you misreading what I was saying. No one requests for any kind of “support” for dungeon selling or other services selling. All we asking about – don’t ruin our game experience.

Some people choose to spend 1-2 hours in a daily pug fractals, some choose to spend 5 min and buy a run. The more choices the better.

But why should they in any way or form take unsupported activities into account when developing the game?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Skady.5916

But why should they in any way or form take unsupported activities into account when developing the game?

I dont even know… Maybe to allow people to have fun playing the game the way they want to… Guild raffles are unsupported activities too but they help building the community, as well as many other “unsupported” things in this game. If something is unsupported that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to ruin it.

-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I dont even know… Maybe to allow people to have fun playing the game the way they want to… Guild raffles are unsupported activities too but they help building the community, as well as many other “unsupported” things in this game. If something is unsupported that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to ruin it.

Dungeon selling is not unsupported.

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

What if people are having fun by hacking? Should they start allowing that as well then?
Or maybe they are having fun by stalking or abusing people? Should that also be allowed then?

No one is talking about ruining anything, but you seems to think that they should actively take UNSUPPORTED things into account when they are making changes to the game, which is silly.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Behellagh.1468

It sure as hell is unsupported. It’s an activity developed by the players, not the devs. Just because sell swords can use the LFG tool and get paid via mail doesn’t mean it’s supported.

RIP City of Heroes

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

Dungeon selling is not unsupported.

It is.
They tolerate it, but they do in no way or form actively support it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square