Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Again, just let me know what you do in GW2 normally and I’ll let you know of a way to make money at it.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Yep just what I thought, an entire list of unfun, grindy bs.

May I ask what you do in GW2? If you do it, there’s probably a method of making plenty of money at it. I prefer instances and stated that that list is what I PERSONALLY do with my guild.

I wander around, explore stuff and fight dragons. I have no interest in running dungeons, farming mats or joining another guild.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

May I ask what you do in GW2? If you do it, there’s probably a method of making plenty of money at it. I prefer instances and stated that that list is what I PERSONALLY do with my guild.

I wander around, explore stuff and fight dragons. I have no interest in running dungeons, farming mats or joining another guild.

Fighting dragons all day must be boring, unfun and grindy…

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

Fighting dragons all day must be boring, unfun and grindy…

Nope, because they only pop every few hours and there’s plenty of time inbetween to do other things:) Plus I never feel like I’m missing out on something because I can’t make it to a dragon fight.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Since I’m telling you my 5 man guild has not built up enough influence in the last 5 months to even come close to any of these goals, I’m thinking maybe it is your meds.

Personal attacks, lovely It’s been a while.

I know what you’re telling me, and I can hear it. However, people have also told me that Alt+F4 in game brings up the LFG tool. That Precursor drops are insanely good from the Shadow Behemoth (while he was bugged) and that they “just killed him and got a Dawn!” while I was standing there.

Now, I don’t know how your guild plays, but if you have 5 people in it and 2 are the only people active in it? Maybe you don’t actually have a guild anymore.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Congratulations, Arenanet – you just made the 2nd most Stupid MMo mistakes in history – #1 Still belongs to Star Wars Galaxies #2 New Entry! Guild War 2 #3 Everquest II

Honestly, you guys just nailed several more nails in its coffin. Sure it might not die now or over the next few months – but its going to be a slippery downward road from now on. Expect all the fun things like server merges when some of the dead servers just throw off even more playerbase – expect W3 to simply cease to function for many servers.

And to all the naysayers that this patch wasn’t going to hurt small time/casual guilds? It already did

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

Since I’m telling you my 5 man guild has not built up enough influence in the last 5 months to even come close to any of these goals, I’m thinking maybe it is your meds.

I know what you’re telling me, and I can hear it. However, people have also told me that Alt+F4 in game brings up the LFG tool. That Precursor drops are insanely good from the Shadow Behemoth (while he was bugged) and that they “just killed him and got a Dawn!” while I was standing there.

Now, I don’t know how your guild plays, but if you have 5 people in it and 2 are the only people active in it? Maybe you don’t actually have a guild anymore.

You’re the one that kept suggesting it;)

Because the rest of the people in it actually have real lives and can only play an hour or two each day/week. That doesn’t mean we don’t have a guild, but it does mean that we can’t play the game like it’s our job and when we do get on at the same time maybe we all want to do something different that day so we don’t play grouped anyhow.

Guild Missions [merged]

Vorch.2985

GW2 Dragon Timer:

GW2 Jumping Puzzles:

GW2 Chest Locations:

Those seem up your alley. And you gain influence if 2 members of your guild are partied up.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

There is no reason to postpone the patch or delay it. Guild Missions can be deployed as announced, I doubt there is time now to change anything. What can be done is make the changes to the system after it is released (adding “lower” tier Guild Missions). Postponing the patch doesn’t make any sense.

meaning, to add one more point to the “we say it will be fixed eventually, but don’t want to bother doing it” list.
Why everything they roll out needs to be seriously flawed, with fixes promised but never actually arriving?

Something is “seriously flawed” when it affects the vast majority of players in the game. Guild Missions, and more specifically being on the Art of War line, doesn’t affect the vast majority of players and in fact it’s completely optional content.

So, if ranger pets aggro and attack/kill party members it wouldn’t be “seriously flawed” because the vast majority of players don’t play rangers. Yeah, sucks to be you, Mr. Ranger, but most people can still play without problems! We will fix it one day!

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

GW2 Dragon Timer:

GW2 Jumping Puzzles:

GW2 Chest Locations:

Those seem up your alley. And you gain influence if 2 members of your guild are partied up.

Yep that’s exactly what I do, and we do party up when 2 or more of us want to do the same things at the same times. Since we’ve not even seen enough influence to get one tree to level 5 in 5 months, and not knowing this would be coming have spread out most of our influence to buy things that are useful already, it definitely seems like an unreasonable amount of time before we can even think about kicking off a mission to me.

Guild Missions [merged]

Vorch.2985

GW2 Dragon Timer:

GW2 Jumping Puzzles:

GW2 Chest Locations:

Yep that’s exactly what I do, and we do party up when 2 or more of us want to do the same things at the same times. Since we’ve not even seen enough influence to get one tree to level 5 in 5 months, and not knowing this would be coming have spread out most of our influence to buy things that are useful already, it definitely seems like an unreasonable amount of time before we can even think about kicking off a mission to me.

You can guest on 2 servers to increase frequency and rewards. In the end, all I was trying to say is that a small guild COULD do it, and do it in a reasonable amount of time.

• If stepping out of your comfort zone to achieve this is unreasonable, idk what to tell you.
  • If merging with like minded guilds is unreasonable to you, idk what to tell you
  • If representing with a larger guild to experience the content is unreasonable to you, idk what to tell you.

You CAN do it. It just appears that it simply isn’t worth do anything different for you, so idk, dude. Patch is done, so I’m out for now.

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You’re the one that kept suggesting it;)

Because the rest of the people in it actually have real lives and can only play an hour or two each day/week. That doesn’t mean we don’t have a guild, but it does mean that we can’t play the game like it’s our job and when we do get on at the same time maybe we all want to do something different that day so we don’t play grouped anyhow.

Hmmm. Considered trying to set up times to get together, like once every other week? That’s how often my (not GW2) gaming group meets, due to varying constraints on schedules and conflicts of interests.

I still don’t think it’s insurmountable. I think if the five of you got your heads together and agreed you wanted to do it, you could figure out a way. But only if you wanted to do it badly enough. From what I do see, once you get over the initial cost it’s not that bad.

It’s just that initial cost is something to solve.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Fortuna.7259

By “plenty to do for smaller guilds” he means the normal content in the game that you don’t need a guild to do. Good job screwing the smaller guilds on GUILD content.

Yup, there is plenty for smaller guilds to do… like sit around and WAIT for 40 laurels before they can get 1 piece of ascended gear… OR you can jump ship and get 1 piece of gear per week. IF you play any alts (or just other builds) you have no choice really. Brilliant.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

Yeah I"m going home to kill stuff and see if any other guilds kick off missions. Like I said, it’s not like I’m going to quit:)

Guild Missions [merged]

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

By “plenty to do for smaller guilds” he means the normal content in the game that you don’t need a guild to do. Good job screwing the smaller guilds on GUILD content.

Yup, there is plenty for smaller guilds to do… like sit around and WAIT for 40 laurels before they can get 1 piece of ascended gear… OR you can jump ship and get 1 piece of gear per week. IF you play any alts (or just other builds) you have no choice really. Brilliant.

The laurels is really another kick in the groins for a lot of people. For me for instance, before I decided to quit – I wanted the endless Tonic + Cat pet + Acended amulets for each of my 8 80s ….. thats like nearly 2 years worth of laurels…I mean, seriously?

Get it taken down -

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: TimberWolfe.6324

TimberWolfe.6324

I was under the impression, based on an interview with Colin that both the Guild Leader AND OFFICERS have the ability to kick off the Guild Events. Having downloaded the patch I see “Mission Control” grayed out for everyone EXCEPT the guild leader. Our GL is no longer playing and this is now killing our guild. Is this as intended or is there an error? Please please please let us know. Thank you

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

first of all, allow me to please express my overall love for your company, arenanet. OVERALL i think you guys are great, but unfortunately, you seem to miss the boat on some things.

you drew us in by promising us a game we could play “our way.” that was negated as soon as monthlies came on board — for instance, if my way of playing is being a completionist, but is not being involved in pvp, then i’m kinda sol. you “fixed” that this past month; we didn’t have pvp requirements in the monthlies. the overall response was always, “you don’t HAVE to complete … you are not REQUIRED to do this …” but the simple fact of the matter is, IF my way of play is completion, and IF my way of play does not include pvp, then i was, until this month, left high and drive by anet’s imperative that i play every aspect of the game.

i get it. you’re mighty proud of this game — rightfully so! but then we move on to guild missions, and small guilds. your notification of the guild influence requirement to engage in guild missions was met with resounding dismay, at least on facebook. rather than acknowledge and possibly listen to what folk were saying, you immediately countered with “well, really, this isn’t so hard! all you have to do is find another guild and ally yourself with them!” pundits insisted that we could also “join” and “represent” large guilds in order to partake in guild missions — how does that help my guild?

let me put this in clear perspective for you, anet. we’re a small guild of people who’ve played together across many, many games — some have been together for 10+ years. we are, in many ways, family. in fact, many of us are couples, and a few of us have grown kids who play with us. so we’re a bit selective about whom we invite to join our guild. we don’t care about huge numbers, we don’t care about “must-have-this-NAOW!” what we care about is building us, as a team. we regularly engage in activities on the weekends — dungeons, karma runs, map completion, and puzzles. we had been looking forward to the guild missions as another form of activity for us, with the eventual goals of … oh, guild halls/housing? increasing benefits offered by us, as a guild?

now, you come in with guild missions, and essentially tell us that our way of play is not consistent with the vision you have of how your game should be played. please step back a moment and think of your posted responses on facebook — you as much as said “we don’t wish to listen to why you’re upset, we only want you to work within our framework and find a way to play the game our way.”

members of my guild don’t pug dungeons — we don’t have to, and we prefer not to deal with idiots who only care about speed runs, or the-best-build-for-your-profession. we embrace each of our guildies who plays a bit “differently” because that’s how they like playing their character. we die a few times, but we learn how to make every single person’s contribution work. when we do jumping puzzles? those of us who complete them early stand, help, and support those who may take an hour or more completing them.

why? because the activity together is more important to us than the speed/facility of doing it.

you’ve created a wonderful idea, and implemented it, but you’ve done it in such a way that you punish guilds who can’t come up with the influence required, and you’ve done it in such a way that, in order to partake, we MUST play it your way.

please, at the very least, have the grace to change your marketing. stop telling me it’s “my” game. stop telling me it’s “my” story. you’re not keeping up on that, anet.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

ANet said this game was for everyone, it was designed from the ground up to be as single player as possible & has been modified since release to provide more support for group & Guild play. It is a massive multiplayer online game that promised equal access and equal reward available to everyone no matter what. That, along with the promise of regular content updates without recurring fees, was & IS their main selling features.

Do not tell people that if they farm XXX things in game they can still have equal access to YYY content. That’s a load of bull and quite frankly a group of 3 should not have to work exponentially 300 times harder to access the same content as a group of 300 when those 3 paid exactly the same amount of money to play the kitten game. This is not a small reward that people are being given access to, nor is it hard to do the math to figure out that those in very large guilds get to ride the coat tails of their more active members, while those in smaller guilds literally get screwed and are being told to stfu and deal with it and/or join a larger Guild.

Being told to join a larger Guild is rather insulting, that large Guild doesn’t need the influence I earn & if I’m constantly repping another Guild then my own continues to suffer. If you don’t WANT small guilds then you should REMOVE the option from the game … but being screwed over months down the road is absolutely unacceptable.

WHY is this system not scaled to reflect the active Guild members? The game already tracks and rewards influence based on the number of active members – it should be able to use that same system to scale the cost of this feature to those numbers so that those of us in small Guilds receive equal reward for equal work rather than a whole fat lot of nothing.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

i get it. you’re mighty proud of this game — rightfully so! but then we move on to guild missions, and small guilds. your notification of the guild influence requirement to engage in guild missions was met with resounding dismay, at least on facebook. rather than acknowledge and possibly listen to what folk were saying, you immediately countered with “well, really, this isn’t so hard! all you have to do is find another guild and ally yourself with them!” pundits insisted that we could also “join” and “represent” large guilds in order to partake in guild missions — how does that help my guild?

Pssskitten….that would involve communication with the community. They are still at “b” in the dictionary. We have to wait until they get to the letter “c”. and look up “communication”. Linear search can be a cat.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Anet, just look at all the fallout from this patch – look at all the threads, guild merges…people already abandoning guilds. Can I say it now? I told you so

Get it taken down -

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Slowburn.5319

Slowburn.5319

Being angry that larger guilds can earn more influence than a smaller one, hence buy better stuff,in this case missions… is unjustified and wrong. From the beginning the tools were present to grow a healthy size guild…politics. For a guild to choose not to use the tools and stay small and to then complain that they can’t collect the rewards? What?!?

Personally, I don’t care for dailies… I sign on, run some dungeons with my guild, do some wvw…whatever I want. But I never seek out dailies… The point you ask? I don’t expect to have a bank full of laurels!!! This is how things work! Yes you can play the game anyway you want, I for one encourage this!.. but don’t complain if you choose not to seek out a reward! What do you think? We should all jsut be issued all available game rewards at first logon? Regardless of time, effort, strategy etc….

Thank you,
Slowburn

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

The laurels is really another kick in the groins for a lot of people. For me for instance, before I decided to quit – I wanted the endless Tonic + Cat pet + Acended amulets for each of my 8 80s ….. thats like nearly 2 years worth of laurels…I mean, seriously?

Yeah I stopped doing the dailies when they introduced the laurels just for the fact it was another grind-fest. Now with these guild missions just seems like a bad move on Anet’s part. We will see what happens though.

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

Guild Missions [merged]

rootnode.9546

Yeah I stopped doing the dailies when they introduced the laurels just for the fact it was another grind-fest. Now with these guild missions just seems like a bad move on Anet’s part. We will see what happens though.

They are adding token after token, but hey…the game is not about grind. It may feel like grind when playing and sound like grind when you read about it, but it sure is no grind if they say so </sarcasm>

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: iHungeri.4096

iHungeri.4096

bravo, Anet. with the new missions and reward schemes, you’ve killed off the little guilds of casual players (one of which i’m pretty invested in) in just one patch. good job.

now me and my guildmaster get to watch while the underlings join the big guilds and represent us less and less and eventually, we won’t make enough influence to justify having the guild.

putting everything together, Anet is “weeding out” the casual players and encouraging the gold-sellers and TP-players (ectos = new end-game currency now). let me be blunt: Anet have sold a lot of us a lot of lies, as Isende and obastable have much more gently implied.

what is your next step now, Anet? fix the mess(es) or leave more and more of us feeling cheated? tbh i think the game’s still gonna draw newbies in due to the good bits (that i fell for initially as well), but as i’ve played for a few months now, some big glaring issues e.g. poor decisions like this are starting to have a cumulative effect.

think i’ll cut my losses and start saying goodbye to the guildies. dragonborn’s beckoning.

will pay for a dolly rocket booster

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Stop screwing over the super small guilds with family members and close friends.

We paid for the game to but we get screwed on these stupid requirements to even get into the missions.

You forget that maybe we want to just play together and their is nothing wrong with that…you have always stated we could play GW2 that way…

Then along comes missions that pretty much tells some of your player base to kitten off…you only care about the large groups since all you seem to base everything in your game around anyways is mindless large zergs.

Thanks for kittening the little guilds Arenanet

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

Being angry that larger guilds can earn more influence than a smaller one, hence buy better stuff,in this case missions… is unjustified and wrong. From the beginning the tools were present to grow a healthy size guild…politics. For a guild to choose not to use the tools and stay small and to then complain that they can’t collect the rewards? What?!?

Personally, I don’t care for dailies… I sign on, run some dungeons with my guild, do some wvw…whatever I want. But I never seek out dailies… The point you ask? I don’t expect to have a bank full of laurels!!! This is how things work! Yes you can play the game anyway you want, I for one encourage this!.. but don’t complain if you choose not to seek out a reward! What do you think? We should all jsut be issued all available game rewards at first logon? Regardless of time, effort, strategy etc….

Thank you,
Slowburn

I don’t think that having access to content is a reward. If the content is to be limited to larger groups of people then they should have implemented some sort of Groupon option. Saying “You are in a small Guild therefor you cannot have access to this content unless you grind and farm your butt off OR abandon ship and join a larger Guild” is equal to saying those peoples money is worth more than mine and my time investment in this game must be 500% more to receive the same access to content.

That does not add up to being a rational game design no matter how many different angles you want to look at it from, and it is exactly the opposite of what Anet sold & advertised this game as.

If they had made this intent clear from the start I wouldn’t have bought the game.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

People are being quite a bit harsh. This is content designed for larger guilds to have something to do. They even introduced a system to limit how far ahead larger guild can be than smaller guilds in the mission progress because of merits. The game has been out for months. Ample time to get all the upgrades in your guild. My guild had all tiers done before we got over 150 players. Don’t forget that CoF path 1 still gives dumb amounts of gold. Your 5 man guild can run that and buy the influence if you are so inclined. This is like complaining that I spent all of my gold recklessly the last 6 months and they finally release something expensive that I want, but I’m too poor since I spent all my gold. You likely did the same thing with your influence. I’m waiting for them to introduce Guild Halls and GvG and have that cost 100k+ influence just to have people still complain that it isn’t fair.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Silverbane.6905

Silverbane.6905

hugs rizzo and hugs blacklight

yeah, its exactly that. as a small guild, i never expected, desired or demanded i get the self same level of rewards.
tis like the diference between getting the 5 man discoball of dancing as a reward, and the 50 man table of yummy Buff Food.
i, and many like me, are at the size where we would receve the 5 man discoball rewards. if we had the 50 members to get the 50man table of yumminess, we would deserve it, and go get it.

we cant even get started… becasue i would bet that many a guild is now heamoraging members faster than garfield goes through lasagna (just check that packaging, garfield old boy)
telling players that ‘its fine to join in, you will still get personal rewards’ may be fine. but lets face it. humans are a greedy grasping bunch when it comes to lootz. if its there, we wants it. like golum and his ring. offer the average player the option between… 1) sticking with friends and taking the slow path and 2) jumping ship like a polititian at election time and joining the winning side (ie, the big guild) they will mostly choose 2. after you play a fair few multiplayer games, you learn to smell the way the wind is blowing.

as to the grumble that ‘if just any size guild could spawn these events, the world would be over run with them everywhere’ where does it say they can be spawned anywhere? also, who in their right mind would spawn a lvl max event in the newbie suburbs? thats like letting a starving wolf out in the sheeple pen, becasue while those with the lvl 80 chars are tuned down, their gear and skills and personal skill will allow them to live, while the fodder, ah i mean the new players, would be mown into the ground by what was spawnd…. unless of course, the spawning zones are only in the high lvl 80ish areas, or that spanwed pray are leveld down too, to the area they are spawned in?

there is a reason i (and others) sugested smaller content, less gated behind high wvw AoW tree. and why i (and maybe others) sugested that such small (say, a 1 man hunt) be spawnable in small amounts only in the new player starting zones. its free advertizing in a way. a 5 man guild spawns the 1 critter hunt, and some wildman appears and runs off into the new player starter zone..newbies see them, try to hit the guy. try to help, as they allways do (thanks to the wonderfull ‘nothing is personal’ setup so no one feels the need to jelously guard their mobs, nodes or events) and after the 5man guild captures the wildman, these new players find a letter telling them about what just happend. and usualy they will want more. roll out that recrutement sugestion and see where it then goes.
it was a wantastic oppotunity to not only give the big guilds their piece of the pie, but to also keep the little guilds out of the way with the smallest of hunts. but of course, as usual its all about quantity and not quality. story of this kitten world these days… #mutter…grumble#

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

Coordinating schedules, getting people to show up ready, geared and excited is hard enough for a guild to accomplish. There shouldn’t also be a barrier to entry for guild content. This system heavily favors zerg style guilds, which aren’t what a guild should be about, and hurts smaller and even medium sized guilds. The costs are far too high and there shouldn’t be a cost anyway.

Guild Missions [merged]

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

I just logged in and checked the upgrades, 150 merits + 50k influence for Guild Challenges, how in the holy hells is that doable for small guilds? As for GvG, it’ll never happen.

Essentially today, the hardcore elitists won – all the months of complains about endgame. Today, we also saw that anet are the pawns to ncsoft, only they could dream up a patch so bad.

Get it taken down -

Guild Missions [merged]

rootnode.9546

I’d love to hear an official response to this decision but the thread I created to see if other people feel like that too, got deleted. Apparently, they just communicate one way. Eat it or leave it. Way to handle the paying customer.

What in kitten’s name do you have to smoke to come up with 50k unlock hidden in a PvP tree to unlock PvE content?

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Riku Shinobu.4518

Riku Shinobu.4518

This math isn’t complete yet.

From a rough estimate, it takes 106 days of build time AND merit farming time to unlock all 5 guild missions. Throw in the amount of time it will take smaller guilds to earn their influence and that is a long wait time for them.

My guild has 139 members, and we average about 20-30 online every night, and it’s gonna take us a while to earn the influence to purchase the upgrades. I basically told my members to get all their alts through personal story for the influence consumables you get there.

Dynamic guild influence earning would be amazing to see.

Leader of Echo|GWO Staff Writer
Homeworld: Fort Aspenwood
IGN: Riku Shinobu

Guild Missions [merged]

Fortuna.7259

People are being quite a bit harsh. This is content designed for larger guilds to have something to do.

First of all, gating content by guild size is a bad idea because you are pointlessly lowering the amount of content available to other players – and because it hurts small/new guilds more than ever.

BUT attaching the only reasonable means to follow the “gear progression” to being in a large guild is reprehensible.

And before someone says you can save 80 laurels and 100 ectos for the gear… Guild. Commendations. Is. The. Only. Reasonable. Way.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kane Fire Blade.7482

Kane Fire Blade.7482

Well am disgusted by this content! with the high costs to get to it! Shameful i have now lost members already to larger guilds! there still there but not reping cause they want to do the new content witch my guild of 100+ wont have for some time!
This was a poor idea to make content for large guilds and crushing small guilds cause who wants to be in a small guild that don’t have the guild missions!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Eires.7816

Eires.7816

This update disgusts me. There is no reasonable way for a tiny guild (3-6) like the ones I play with to possibly save up the requirements for these missions. And before someone chimes in with the “dungeon runs to buy influence” retort, not everyone who plays likes to do dungeons. Just FYI.

I don’t think I could add much more than the plethora of people who have responded already, so I will just leave it at that.

(edited by Eires.7816)

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

After looking at it . . .

I sure hope guild missions reward significantly more Influence to cover the costs of the progression.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

People are being quite a bit harsh. This is content designed for larger guilds to have something to do.

First of all, gating content by guild size is a bad idea because you are pointlessly lowering the amount of content available to other players – and because it hurts small/new guilds more than ever.

BUT attaching the only reasonable means to follow the “gear progression” to being in a large guild is reprehensible.

And before someone says you can save 80 laurels and 100 ectos for the gear… Guild. Commendations. Is. The. Only. Reasonable. Way.

When I said designed for larger guilds I meant there are not inherent limits on participants so larger guilds can actually do events together that are structured, similar to a dungeon. Large PvE guilds now have a relative purpose. Moving on though, smaller guilds can buy the influence. I think 30k is quite a bit expensive; it’s 3x the price of any upgrade prior. I feel that guilds had plenty of prior opportunity to upgrade their AoW, though. I upgraded everything even though i don’t use half of it in my 320 person guild because I knew I’d need it eventually. You can buy your influence even if you didn’t upgrade AoW, make enough influence, or save enough influence. Gold is plentiful.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Ketto.6508

Ketto.6508

This has probably already been discussed, but the earliest we’ll be able to participate in ANY of these missions is next Wednesday, right?

Guild Missions [merged]

Fortuna.7259

When I said designed for larger guilds I meant there are not inherent limits on participants so larger guilds can actually do events together that are structured, similar to a dungeon. Large PvE guilds now have a relative purpose. Moving on though, smaller guilds can buy the influence. I think 30k is quite a bit expensive; it’s 3x the price of any upgrade prior. I feel that guilds had plenty of prior opportunity to upgrade their AoW, though. I upgraded everything even though i don’t use half of it in my 320 person guild because I knew I’d need it eventually. You can buy your influence even if you didn’t upgrade AoW, make enough influence, or save enough influence. Gold is plentiful.

Why should people pay taxes to have a smaller guild? Why does giving large guilds “something to do” involve penalizing smaller guilds out of existence? Giving large guilds “something to do” doesn’t mean making a huge influence drain just to get personal gear. Are you kidding me?

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

ANet I really don’t understand why you guys have these wonderful ideas and then you fall on details.

You did that with fractals when they came out. The fact one couldn’t do higher level fractals was a bad idea which fractured the community. You could have avoided that, and in fact had to correct it afterwards.

Now you did the same with guild missions: a great idea, crippled by the most idiotic handling of details ever: putting the entry point at tier 5 of a tree PVE only guilds have never researched, and which feels too steep for smaller guilds.

Don’t tell me you guys didn’t see this coming. And if you did, why couldn’t you think of a better way of introducing this otherwise awesome feature?

Now what will you do? Wait for some small guild to spend all their influence on the lower tiers of Art of War and then in the next patch apologize and move the entry point somewhere else, so they feel betrayed twice?

Or leave it as it is and fracture you community yet again?

I thought you had learned from the way you introduced ascended gear and the consequent reaction from the community.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: riddleguy.9738

riddleguy.9738

I see nothing wrong with the new update….i just dont think arenanet explained it as well as they could have.

However, arenanet should have foreseen that other people would see a problem with this and would kill smaller guild activity a bit.

That being said, i have faith arenanet will rectify the problem a lot of people are having with guild missions somehow,most likely i think in the next content patch or the one after that.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

what i see is some people do not have the gold to buy their guild’s influence and gaining it all the normal way is a long task.

many people do not make the gold many of us “casual” players make as many of us who call ourselves “casual” are not realy casual, we are just way less hard-core than we used to be. our time windows are that of a casual, but game play when we play is not on the same level and this makes it easier to see.

either way, the new setup does seem to hurt the small guilds as now it becomes more difficult to bring in new players as they now have even more reason to go to the big guild that will do more of these events more easily.

Guild Missions [merged]

rootnode.9546

I see nothing wrong with the new update….i just dont think arenanet explained it as well as they could have.

However, arenanet should have foreseen that other people would see a problem with this and would kill smaller guild activity a bit.

That being said, i have faith arenanet will rectify the problem a lot of people are having with guild missions somehow,most likely i think in the next content patch or the one after that.

Foreseen? They could have foreseen the kittenstorm if they had created this topic 1 or 2 months ago and not 4 days before the patch went live.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

They are adding token after token, but hey…the game is not about grind. It may feel like grind when playing and sound like grind when you read about it, but it sure is no grind if they say so </sarcasm>

As they stated last March they are against grinding cause nobody like it and they didn’t want the boring grind to get to the fun stuff. (1:25 in video)

http://www.gamebandits.com/news/guild-wars-2-latest-dev-video-attacks-grinding-37215

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Isbot.6701

Isbot.6701

As a guild leader of a small guild I think that my responsibility is pretty clear. If I want my guild members to enjoy this new guild content I should encourage them to leave my guild and join a larger guild so they will have that opportunity. With the total Influence amounts set where they are that is clearly the right thing to do. If you want to be in a smaller guild than that is your choice but it is clear that the new guild content is not meant for you. I have already talked to my guild members online and pointed out to them that we are at Art of War 2 and that it will be a very long time before we are even at Art of War 5 much less accumulate the 30k added faction it will take to unlock the the Guild Bounty. Other small guild leaders should consider doing the same thing.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Even though it would be difficult, still, for most casual small guilds to obtain quickly, why not have the guild missions require level 5 in one of three trees? Level 5 in Politics OR Econmy OR Art of War?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Guild Missions [merged]

Fortuna.7259

Now what will you do? Wait for some small guild to spend all their influence on the lower tiers of Art of War and then in the next patch apologize and move the entry point somewhere else, so they feel betrayed twice?

Or leave it as it is and fracture you community yet again?

This is pretty much the state of the game. Overly expensive things that could be dramatically cheaper any day now (but never are) or might be made obsolete tomorrow.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: vince.5937

vince.5937

Well, so much for my 5-man guild ever getting any of these guild missions.

That’s really disappointing, and I cannot express how upsetting it is since the word filter will just turn my post into a litter of kittens.

vince.5937 — Tarnished Coast — Les Saintes
R.I.P. City of Heroes, 2004-2012
Long Live Atlas Park 33

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

Me and my friends had a small guild that we used for us. There is no way for the 5 of us to do this raid content (because that is essentially what this is) and the only alternative to getting the ascended items takes ages and costs a lot of gold. I don’t care if i can’t do the content but the barriers of obtaining the ascended really bothers me.

I bought this game because I didn’t want to do the gear treadmill thing. Because I have alts and other specs I already felt I was behind just getting the rings/back items/amulets, now I am even further behind and due to laurels it will be months before I can actually gear my few specs.

I hate this patch, so disappointed with Anet. I loved the dailies and cost of the one amulet it felt reasonable to get the items and accessible for all types of play. It was a bit long to get for my 3 characters/specs but it seemed reasonable. Adding more things I need with laurels and making them more expensive just a month after they were released is ridiculous.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kane Fire Blade.7482

Kane Fire Blade.7482

people say they could fix this but the damage has already been done! Loads of small guilds have already been broken! It’s to late they have already split are community into a cut throat guild vs guild game if your not in a huge guild you lose out its as simple as that!