Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Yay, like a regular event….

So basically, people who for different reasons cant attend when their guild is running guild missions.. are basically screwed?

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Nefera.4568

Nefera.4568

Our guild was looking forward to these events. We really did. However, as we are a small, fully PvE based guild and have not invested anything in Art of War tree, the cost to get even the first guild mission going is getting close to being prohibitive (just think of all the karma and magic find buffs we could get with that amount of influence). Why put PvE only content into PvP branch of the guild upgrade tree? Seriously, why? We haven’t got 36500 influence to spare to unlock an upgrade branch we’d otherwise have zero use for. No guild missions for us it seems, at least for the next number of months. Honestly, I’m very disappointed. I just can’t understand the reasoning behind this choice.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: vince.5937

vince.5937

I’d like to know why there hasn’t been any dev feedback since yesterday. This is a big issue.

vince.5937 — Tarnished Coast — Les Saintes
R.I.P. City of Heroes, 2004-2012
Long Live Atlas Park 33

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

@Jornophelanthas

Thanks for the link, and I did go check out his posts. Good to see that I’m not alone in my thought process…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I’d like to know why there hasn’t been any dev feedback since yesterday. This is a big issue.

Yesterday, they put all their effort into rolling out the patch, and performing several emergency bug fixes.

Right now, their workday is not even halfway over, and they likely have not had time to parse through all the feedback.

And then they need to take a position on it, probably involving multiple departments (because it is a large, long-term issue).

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Alot of straw man arguments here…

You are not required to have content NOW for the survival of your guild. If your 5 man guild did without before, I’m sure they are willing to now. If you want content now, it is possible to step out of your small guild into a mentoring guild just for a mission then go back, then continue building up your guild.

Yes, believe it or not there are big guilds that don’t require 100% rep, because I lead one of them and we build influence just fine, as well as mentor small guilds for activites.

You are in no way “forced” to use the gem shop, gawd forbid your guild members have a long term goal in mind and will actually have to wait threw build times like everyone else.

You don’t need 500 members to do these I have 160 guild of very casual players with about 30 people on each day, always different people. We have the influence and are waiting threw the final build queue, nobody left at all for not having it on day one. Its totally achievable without spending gold/gems on influence it will just take time.

Believe it or not there are people out there that don’t like the rep-nazi mega guilds that are more willing to join a well lead cause. Whining about it and making it seem like its unobtainable isn’t going to make them want to stick around. Being a 5 man guild isn’t a excuse, recruit you only need about 10-30 actives, if you don’t want to recruit then you choosing to take the long road there.

This forum has turned into a qq forum with the general principle of “I don’t like what the game requires me to do for content, so I am going to claim its impossible even if there are many viable access options available to me”. Saying " I shouldn’t have to" is much different than not being able to.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Arconon.4857

Arconon.4857

(5) This creates feelings of (i) anger over the unfairness, (ii) a sense that players need to choose between their friends and accessing content, (iii) a sense that small guilds are not acceptable, (iv) a sense that small guilds are not viable, leadin to (v) small guilds rapidly being emptied or broken up, (vi) and many players abandoning their guilds to join larger ones.

It is crucial for MMO developers to understand that their games live or die by access to content and the long-standing social interactions formed.

Haven’t logged in to the forums in a while but just had to in order to give this brilliant post/poster my +1

Anyways, I saw that many people have already highlighted this excellent post but I will happily do the same. Especially since it saves me the trouble of writing the lengthy post I had planned, which would more or less include the same thoughts and feelings (well, not quite so well stated of course).

ANet, you should really watch your manifesto before implementing new content. I had tears in my eyes when I first watched it. Now I have tears too but not because of joy.

2 suggestions that might make the situation a little better:
[b]
1) Introduce a new tier of bounty missions that can be done with 3-5 players.

2) Grant access to this tier at once! That is, you can unlock it at tier 0 in the Art of War section at NO cost. [/b]

No harm done, you still have all the progression you want to have in place (even though I dare call it grind because I know the grind when I see it…) and long-term guild commitment
but you don’t exclude a large part of the player base (and thus alienating them) and you have the short-term accessibility every game system needs.

Seriously, ANet, what were you thinking?
I honestly wish you better luck/insight next time.

Arc

(edited by Arconon.4857)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Cora.9745

Cora.9745

Core problems:
(1) This mechanic has created a disparity between large and small guilds.
(2) This disparity is that large guilds have better, faster, easier access to large content.
(3) The consequence of the disparity is that there is extreme pressure on small guild players to leave their small guilds and join larger guilds.
(4) The practical effect of this disparity is that it creates an unfair and unfun tension within small guild players: they must either sacrifice their friends, their guild, or their ability to enjoy content as first-class players. (Options: (1) Have the entire guild merge into a larger guild, the small guild dies and the special relationships they have are diluted in the big guild, assuming they are all folded into one and can find one that suits their taste, culture, habits, language, environment… this can be a destructive process. (2) Splinter and join large guilds separately, losing the friendships. (3) Endure as a small guild with unequal access to content.)
(5) Players in large guilds, whose incentive maximizations are already satisfied, do not have this problem. They both do not have any incentive or structural reasons to understand why small guild players are “whining”, “qqing”, etc, and do not see any reason that the current system is wrong.
(6) It is uncertain that small guilds will even be able to complete their guild missions at all under any circumstances, or if so, that they will only be able to do so under reduced circumstances, effectively meaning small guilds are barred from guild content, or that small guilds are not legitimate/acceptable under ANet policy. If this is the case, it is EXTREMELY offensive to small guild players, like myself, who believe that our guilds while small are just as legitimate as large guilds.
(7) All of the above are destructive to many guilds and communities. In effect, this patch has done harm to the community that it sought to promote friendship and playing together within. It has had the opposite effect for many players.

Problem-Solving Goals:
(1) Erase disparity between large and small guilds.
(2) Find a way to lessen the disparity between how quickly large and small guilds can access content. (Use per capita math tools that track membership.)
(3) Reduce the pressure on small guild players to leave their guilds for larger guilds.
(4) Remove the tension that is placed solely on small guild players to choose between their friends and maintaining equitable access to content.
(5) The system is working fine for large guild players. Do NOT attack or drag down the large guild play experience. This is EXCELLENT! Instead, focus on AIDING small guild players by equalizing using per capita mechanics to bring them up to the level that large guilds have. Do not take action that will force a political backlash by satisfied large guild players.
(6) Ensure that small guilds are able to actually physically complete missions. Incorporate scaling to allow missions to be completed with few players when guilds are small. Small guilds include groups of 3, 4, and 5 players. Small guilds must be taken seriously, as they are a nontrivial portion of MMO guilds and are worthy of the same dignity and respect as any other guild in the game.
(7) Stop doing damage to the community by creating classes, wedges, and incentives that force some players to choose between content and friendships.

Specific Solutions:
(1) Implement a mathematical scaling system similar to level downranking to allow smaller guilds (measured per account) to have smaller influence requirements to gain access to new content. Obviously, this would need to be designed in a way to prevent exploiting by “everybody quit the guild, we’ll complete it fast, then have everyone pile back in again.” This would be even worse and would negatively impact large guilds. Have better returns to scale with large guilds so that there is an incentive for guilds to grow. Force the rate of benefit to be more favorable than the rate of scaling down, such that there will always be an economic incentive to be in a large guild, but not a prohibitively massive one. It needs to be a gentle push, like taking an 80 out into a level 20 zone, not like the current hard wall. This should also allow upward scaling so that large guilds have the ability to work towards large goals the same way that small guilds do as well. If the content lasts a week in some guilds and six months in others, neither section of players has benefitted. Unfortunately, now that many players in large guilds however expect access in time measured in days to weeks at most, converting this upward now for this content is dangerous. This scaling system should have been thought out in advance, and needs to be implemented in future content.

(post 3/4)

Yup

Dalishya Aibreann=80R/80T/80EL Eternal Night-Crystal Desert

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Mireles Lore.5942

Matipzieu KyA.9613 does have valid points…. but this can be said about all guild content and bonus’…. There has to be a flat non-scaling cost to things that is the same for all players and groups. If all of these scaled down what would be the point in growing a guild, or having anyone in a guild, if it just makes things more expensive?

Scaling down costs is a bad idea and would be highly exploitable as it would cost less gold to buy out all the upgrades and just usher people into the new guild. Totally eliminating the intent of having a long term goal for guild members, or growing the guild naturally. Having rewards scale up with larger guilds, puts u back in the same problem as before…. People will flock to higher rewards with larger guilds, only this time it will be easier for large organised guilds to get there by making a dummy guild to cheaply level. Not to mention that now your rewards are also determined by size, not just your access to them. No thanks, i don’t want to recruit 340 more people just to have the best rewards.

If people are rapidly losing members because of this update, it is because it was never important to them what guild they are in until now.

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Matipzieu KyA.9613 does have valid points…. but this can be said about all guild content and bonus’…. There has to be a flat non-scaling cost to things that is the same for all players and groups. If all of these scaled down what would be the point in growing a guild, or having anyone in a guild, if it just makes things more expensive?

Scaling down costs is a bad idea and would be highly exploitable as it would cost less gold to buy out all the upgrades and just usher people into the new guild. Totally eliminating the intent of having a long term goal for guild members, or growing the guild naturally. Having rewards scale up with larger guilds, puts u back in the same problem as before…. People will flock to higher rewards with larger guilds, only this time it will be easier for large organised guilds to get there by making a dummy guild to cheaply level.

If people are rapidly losing members because of this update, it is because it was never important to them what guild they are in until now.

Well first of all. I think the point of having more people in the guild is that you WANT them in the guild.

As well I said before that the cost for the event should be higher imo while the reasearch costs/costs to gain the needed tree should be lower. The costs should scale with the number of guildmembers participating. So no offline members would higher the costs and no exploit by shoving out people from the guild to have lower research costs would be possible. The guild with more spare influence could still kickoff the event more often than a small guild which got to save up the influence.

So everyone has something to work towards and smaller guilds would have still access to it. At least easier as it is now.

Guild Missions [merged]

Cora.9745

Scaling down costs is a bad idea and would be highly exploitable as it would cost less gold to buy out all the upgrades and just usher people into the new guild. Totally eliminating the intent of having a long term goal for guild members, or growing the guild naturally. Having rewards scale up with larger guilds, puts u back in the same problem as before…. People will flock to higher rewards with larger guilds, only this time it will be easier for large organised guilds to get there by making a dummy guild to cheaply level.

I think you are missing the point and basically seeing what you want to see.

The guild missions COULD have been implemented in a much different way. In a way that would actually require something other than a grind for small guilds and an easy pass for large ones.

I was really thinking it would have started off with some story or something from Destiny’s Edge. But no…just a grind.

Guild Missions [merged]

Mireles Lore.5942

Well first of all. I think the point of having more people in the guild is that you WANT them in the guild.

As well I said before that the cost for the event should be higher imo while the reasearch costs/costs to gain the needed tree should be lower. The costs should scale with the number of guildmembers participating. So no offline members would higher the costs and no exploit by shoving out people from the guild to have lower research costs would be possible. The guild with more spare influence could still kickoff the event more often than a small guild which got to save up the influence.

So everyone has something to work towards and smaller guilds would have still access to it. At least easier as it is now.

You do realize scaling costs and rewards would just drive a bigger wedge in between small and large guilds… instead of just needing 30 active people to get it done in a timely manner and having the content large guilds have, you also need 500 members to have the same reward as larger guilds would. Horrible idea….

And ppl prob say just scale the costs…. not only would it be high exploitative, it wouldn’t be exactly fair to larger guilds either, that pretty much says, you have no reason to grow your guild and become well known.

Guild Missions [merged]

Pirlipat.2479

You seem not to want to understand, but just to keep you advantage.

The costs to kickoff and event for 10 people is lets say 5k and for 50 people its 25k. research cost are 10k. Why does the big guild have a disadvantage, considering they are gaining influence 5 times faster than a small guild.
Just using numbers as an example.

Edit: tried to clear the number chaos, sry ;/

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Guild Missions [merged]

Mireles Lore.5942

Why? Because more people means more expensive and there no way of knowing if that person will pull his or her cost… because it eliminates incentive to build a large community because its more costly to the leader and members… Goals cant be long term and spoon fed to you… Theres nothing stopping you from recruiting or joining a large guild for a few minutes to do their missions… I don’t see why small guilds need to be baby sat when were all playing the same game… Large guilds reach the goal faster because it takes more work to maintain the interests of 100+ people than it does 10+

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Guild Missions [merged]

Cora.9745

You do realize scaling costs and rewards would just drive a bigger wedge in between small and large guilds… instead of just needing 30 active people to get it done in a timely manner and having the content large guilds have, you also need 500 members to have the same reward as larger guilds would. Horrible idea….

I think the only thing driving a ‘wedge’ between small and large guilds…is large guilds.

I don’t understand this…venom and disdain large guilds seem to have for smaller ones. It takes nothing away from the big guilds if smaller ones can see the same content. However, what this change has done DOES take away from the people who like playing in smaller, instance sized groups. This seems to be Anet’s intention as well. They did not back the scale balanced. One group has to wait and then find out they can’t even get to the next stage….the large guilds simply have to log in

There is no skill, talent or work that goes into this for the large guilds. No skill needed for the smaller ones either. Yet one has a much easier time and is able to actually do the content simply due to numbers.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Nolimitz.9467

Nolimitz.9467

Why should small groups of friends have access to content we as a big guild piled up assets by doing more content than a casual group of friends? I find it unfair that you would get access by doing less than a concerted effort by medium/large guild piling resources together for one goal.

Guild Missions [merged]

Cora.9745

Why? Because more people means more expensive and there no way of knowing if that person will pull his or her cost… because it eliminates incentive to build a large community because its more costly to the leader and members… Goals cant be long term and spoon feed to you… Theres nothing stopping you from recruiting or joining a large guild for a few minutes to do their missions… I don’t see why small guilds need to be baby sitted when were all playing the same game… Large guilds reach the goal faster because it takes more work to maintain the interests of 100+ people than it does 10+

It seems small guilds are not the ones who want things “spoon fed” to them…..

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

The costs to kickoff and event for 10 people is lets say 5k and for 50 people its 50k. research cost are 10k. Why does the big guild have a disadvantage, considering they are gaining influence 10 times faster than a small guild.
Just using numbers as an example

Why have a cost at all? Why not just let guilds do the content if/as they desire? What’s the reason for the cost?

Pirlipat, I’m not asking you-your post made me wonder what ANet would say…

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

Why? Because more people means more expensive and there no way of knowing if that person will pull his or her cost… because it eliminates incentive to build a large community because its more costly to the leader and members… Goals cant be long term and spoon feed to you… Theres nothing stopping you from recruiting or joining a large guild for a few minutes to do their missions… I don’t see why small guilds need to be baby sitted when were all playing the same game… Large guilds reach the goal faster because it takes more work to maintain the interests of 100+ people than it does 10+

Well, I’m sick of this conversation. But I’ll say this once more, because it’s getting rather rude and too snarky for my tastes here.

I do not want to be in a large guild. I do not want to recruit for the sake of content. As for your exceptionally rude ‘baby sitted’ comment, I’m not sure why big guilds have to be spoon fed content, either. You do not have to work for these missions. Simply by having a city sized guild, you get it anyway. No, the reality is, small guilds DO work for these, & are quite willing to do so. I do not want the gear ‘handed to me,’ & I think that’s a pretty disingenuous way to twist what so many people here have been saying. I do not want my play time directed by people such as yourself, who feel they know how others should be spending their game time. Is that perfectly clear? I fully expect it not to be understood, but just for the sake of saying it – I joined this game when it promised to be something other than WoW or EverQuest, or other mmos that had the same gear-based, raid-oriented system. I did not enjoy those – I wouldn’t return, never did return, & learned my lesson about joining a bunch of people I don’t know, nor want to know.

I’m not sure how ‘social’ came to mean ‘chattering with people you don’t actually know’ over ‘spending time with real friends & actual family,’ but that seems to be the divide here.

Insulting people with ’you’re all just babies!’ does not help your apparent cause.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

I’m memeber of a bigger guild, so we already unlocked and played bounty hunter and I like the concept, but this is so discriminating for small guilds or “group of friends”. Why so important content that need that much influence? If at least it would be some kind of alliance thing, but this right now it is not thought through. All the other stuff for guilds is more or less luxury nature, but it is a major part of pve content, you get even ascended earings for. I think you should not connect such things to any bit of influence. You should never lock out ppl from pve content like that, big mistake. I feel with you guys! Keep your family guild and dont give up, my anonym big crowd is long not as much fun as I had on small scales…

it was written…

Guild Missions [merged]

Mireles Lore.5942

“I don’t want” is what i keep hearing, thats not a reason to change the game for everyone because you don’t like the way the game is designed. If you don’t want to don’t do it then. Its not that you can’t its that you don’t want to… well there alot of things people don’t like in this game… do they scream for its removal… no they just don’t play it…

Guild Missions [merged]

Cora.9745

I’m memeber of a bigger guild, so we already unlocked and played bounty hunter and I like the concept, but this is so discriminating for small guilds or “group of friends”. Why so important content that need that much influence? If at least it would be some kind of alliance thing, but this right now it is not thought through. All the other stuff for guilds is more or less luxury nature, but it is a major part of pve content, you get even ascended earings for. I think you should not connect such things to any bit of influence. You should never lock out ppl from pve content like that, big mistake. I feel with you guys! Keep your family guild and dont give up, my anonym big crowd is long not as much fun as I had on small scales…

Well said and thank you!

Guild Missions [merged]

Pirlipat.2479

The costs to kickoff and event for 10 people is lets say 5k and for 50 people its 50k. research cost are 10k. Why does the big guild have a disadvantage, considering they are gaining influence 10 times faster than a small guild.
Just using numbers as an example

Why have a cost at all? Why not just let guilds do the content if/as they desire? What’s the reason for the cost?

Pirlipat, I’m not asking you-your post made me wonder what ANet would say…

Because I am looking for a compromise between people who want to “work” toward something, the bigger guilds who would be jealous that everyone is having the same as them and the small guilds who want access to some content.^^ Thats just my idea behind that. Sry for answering without beeing asked.

And sry my number example was wrong. What I mean is 10 people 5k, 50 people 25k because they are five time as many. Bleh :S

Geez, I should not spread numbers today. What I basically mean is more people playing the mission=more costs.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

“I don’t want” is what i keep hearing, thats not a reason to change the game for everyone because you don’t like the way the game is designed. If you don’t want to don’t do it then. Its not that you can’t its that you don’t want to… well there alot of things people don’t like in this game… do they scream for its removal… no they just don’t play it…

Or, liking this game, people speak up when something seems blatantly wrong & hurtful to the game as it has been, and certainly, as it was advertized at launch? You’re obviously hearing what you want, & not listening, so – I think this conversation is pretty much done. K?

Guild Missions [merged]

Cora.9745

“No reason to change the game for everyone”

You do know that is exactly what they have done right? The game is NOT designed for large guilds. There are no 40+ raids or something that you HAVE to have a large amount of people simply to see the content…until NOW.

As I, and other have said before, large guilds are not being ‘hurt’ by the existence of small guilds. They take nothing from them. However, this change does mean small guilds cannot do what they could before-the same content the large guilds could do. That is a new thing. One group is being told they have to play the game another way. The exact opposite of what GW2 was promised to be.

It’s rather amazing how someone can basically call another ‘selfish’ while in fact, be acting and saying things that are incredibly self serving.

All of your posts have shown why there are those of us who would rather play with our real life friends and family. Your attitude is the problem.

(edited by Cora.9745)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

So what was the purpose of these threads? It seems all the feedback on Ascended was mostly ignored except “we need more ways to get Ascended gear”, and even that has been poorly handled. The problems it causes for horizontal progression players hasn’t been commented on. The fracturing of the playerbase has been repeated now. It just seems like every good argument was dumped in one place and left to rot.

I would say the same about the WvWvW night-capping thread. The same boring scoring system exists in WvWvW. Various discussion went on for a long time and nothing was made of it.

It feels like these discussion threads exist only to hide the complaints and bury the issues.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Loosifah.4738

Loosifah.4738

Yep because it’s totally being a cry baby for not wanting to be gated indefinitely from content.

Guild Missions [merged]

Mireles Lore.5942

Hey i didn’t say anything about whiny babies… you did… I’m just saying “I don’t want” isn’t the same thing is “i can’t” there is alot of things in this game people don’t like… it is not reason to change them for everyone else.

I host a guild with 30 daily active people, and we have enough influence to pay down everything while waiting threw build queues… People are over reacting on how hard this is to get. Yeah, it might take ur 5 man guild longer to get it, but that is the choice you are making.

Anet has said in interviews leading up to this they are trying to build a community based game… To introduce a scale that would not only eliminate reason to grow your guild, but discourage to invite more people in because it increased your costs is counter productive. The reason people recruit and seek out new friends in the first place is to increase their effectiveness as a guild. A scale would totally destroy this and would give very good reason to kick people that don’t rep 100% and don’t log on everyday increasing discrimination in guilds… I’m not saying that something should be given to smaller guilds as far as guild activities, but the scaling idea is a horrible idea..

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

As a member of a family “guild” of 5 people, I fully expected to be unable to play the guild-specific content, specifically because of the “Guild = Many People” concept that is built into the game. Guilds with lots of people get more done faster for less work per person, small Guilds take longer, and take more individual investment.

It doesn’t mean that I’m not dissapointed, I think there should be content for smaller guilds proportional to the larger guild offerings, without the smaller guilds having to shell out ‘extra’ gold in order to have the same rank as a larger guild, but I wasn’t expecting to be able to play like the big kids.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

After having a day to think about this issue, I find myself taking a new slant on it. As is, the system seems designed to produce content that large groups (i.e., bigger than a 5 player party) can do. If this is ANet’s answer to, “Why does GW2 not have raids?” it might have been better to have told us that (using public relations speak, and of course omitting the rant-trigger word “raid”). They could have said, “This content is only for large groups (and given a bloody number).”

Putting out info in a blog that “small guilds can also participate in this content” was disingenuous. The blog included neither the cost nor the fact that non-guild participants would not get the new rewards. The way they did this, building up anticipation for large and small guilds, then revealing the drawbacks for smaller groups, was a mistake.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Avatar.1923

As a member of a family “guild” of 5 people, I fully expected to be unable to play the guild-specific content, specifically because of the “Guild = Many People” concept that is built into the game. Guilds with lots of people get more done faster for less work per person, small Guilds take longer, and take more individual investment.

It doesn’t mean that I’m not dissapointed, I think there should be content for smaller guilds proportional to the larger guild offerings, without the smaller guilds having to shell out ‘extra’ gold in order to have the same rank as a larger guild, but I wasn’t expecting to be able to play like the big kids.

dude! your guild is 5 people! its a party size! the WHOLE GAME can be 5 man….

too funny ….

Guild Missions [merged]

Pirlipat.2479

Hey i didn’t say anything about whiny babies… you did… I’m just saying “I don’t want” isn’t the same thing is “i can’t” there is alot of things in this game people don’t like… it is not reason to change them for everyone else.

I host a guild with 30 daily active people, and we have enough influence to pay down everything while waiting threw build queues… People are over reacting on how hard this is to get. Yeah, it might take ur 5 man guild longer to get it, but that is the choice you are making.

Anet has said in interviews leading up to this they are trying to build a community based game… To introduce a scale that would not only eliminate reason to grow your guild, but discourage to invite more people in because it increased your costs is counter productive. The reason people recruit and seek out new friends in the first place is to increase their effectiveness as a guild. A scale would totally destroy this and would give very good reason to kick people that don’t rep 100% and don’t log on everyday increasing discrimination in guilds… I’m not saying that something should be given to smaller guilds as far as guild activities, but the scaling idea is a horrible idea..

And like I said TWICE it should imo depend on the number of people ONLINE and representing ofc at that moment. You could even say “oh I kick off an event for only ten people (at the same costs a small guild would have), because the rest is doing something else” and only these would gain the guild reward

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: OdinBudd.5298

OdinBudd.5298

I have to agree with the majority of the posts that have been added to this thread. I think this new guild mission system is a slap in the face to small guilds a blatant disregard to the supposed philosophy that this game was designed to implement. “Play how you want” they said, but you will have to play the way they want you to if you want to experience the content they are slowly leaking. “No gear grind” They said, as the introduce a new set of gear with higher stats. “You can access this new gear from many ways” they said, but you will need to play how we want you to play in order to get that gear.

Bottom line, I was the biggest supporter of this game until recently. I thought many of the changes they made in this game really moved MMO’s forward, however they now find themselves at a turning point. Need I point out that Elder Scrolls Online releases this year, and from what I have seen they will be incorporating many of the ideas that GW2 has introduced, except that they have the luxury of learning from Anets mistakes. , and I’m sure they are listening.

TL;DR – Look back at your manifesto, you have strayed away from it and it will be the downfall of this game.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Over 1000 posts and they are still not saying anything at all. Communicate with us

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Putting out info in a blog that “small guilds can also participate in this content” was disingenuous. The blog included neither the cost nor the fact that non-guild participants would not get the new rewards. The way they did this, building up anticipation for large and small guilds, then revealing the drawbacks for smaller groups, was a mistake.

I truly believe that teaser was the huge issue-many smaller guilds were expecting the new content with anticipation, but were not offered the small print. I feel it was dishonest, and that it did recognize that there would be issues of large vs small sized Guilds. I believe had they been more transparent and direct, it would have been more beneficial, especially since it would have been much nicer to know beforehand that the content wasn’t ever meant for smaller Guilds, so no anticipation was ever built in the first place.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: pencapchew.5432

pencapchew.5432

Why cant smaller guilds work together to unlock guild missions? Why can’t their members cross rep and help with the resources needed to get the unlocks done?

They can help each other with bounties. Guild 1 does it with the help of Guild 2. Then Guild 2 kicks off theirs and Guild 1 helps?

I understand everyone’s frustrations but at the same time we can turn this negative into a positive until Anet ( If they do ) addresses it.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

As a member of a family “guild” of 5 people

too funny ….

And yet, somehow, we’re never all online at the same time… so I’ve only done one dungeon. Sheesh!

Guild Missions [merged]

Loosifah.4738

That is precisely what the small alliance of guilds is planning, the problem however is going to obviously be getting the amount of influence it’s going to take to even unlock the missions.

Guild Missions [merged]

vince.5937

Except for Guild Missions.

Long Live Atlas Park 33

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

Every time I rep a different guild I’m no longer functionally contributing to my own. I’m not sure why this is so hard to grasp or understand, nor why anyone at all thought it was a good idea to implement something that basically makes us either choose to not have access to the same content we all paid for OR choose to kill our own guilds.

It was bad enough when half of our guild had to decide at launch whether to play together on one server or play separately on both EU and NA so we could play with other friends & family members.

It’s worse now that we have to choose between our own guilds or getting fair access to the game we all paid for.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Avatar.1923

he only did 1 dungeon; yeah totally lacking content
anyway those guild missions are the fotm, i think theyll get old fast.
(just an opinion)

Guild Missions [merged]

rootnode.9546

Don’t speak your mind on these forums and if something concerns you it’s better to move on to another game, I just had several infractions “awarded” (I lol’d) because I simple replied with a +1 because I agree with some people, I’m not allowed to agree I MUST click on the +1 button instead ! o.O

Don’t mention these things. Someone just created a thread for it and it got deleted right away. Plus, this isn’t the right topic for it. It’s about the guild missions, not the other things they handle poorly.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

vince.5937

he only did 1 dungeon; yeah totally lacking content
anyway those guild missions are the fotm, i think theyll get old fast.
(just an opinion)

Considering you can use them to get some very nice rewards via Guild Commendations, I highly doubt it.

So nice that big guilds with lots of influence get top shot at nice gear. Welcome to the WoW mentality.

Long Live Atlas Park 33

Guild Missions [merged]

rootnode.9546

Anyone else wants to hear an official statement that explains how they might want to change it (if they want to change it)? And not just a short answer but a fully detailed one? So that we get the feeling that they actually do care about the community?

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Cora.9745

Anyone else wants to hear an official statement that explains how they might want to change it (if they want to change it)? And not just a short answer but a fully detailed one? So that we get the feeling that they actually do care about the community?

I would love to get some clarification on many points that have been brought up.

If there is any misinformation going around, it would be a very good time for someone to clear things up.

Guild Missions [merged]

Loosifah.4738

I’m with you on this one Foig, when they originally talked about guild missions; one thing that was hinted at was a guild starting a guild mission in an area and the people around see that. That this could be used to help pull in more recruits and earn influence.

When it turns out to be the exact opposite. To even start the first tier of bounty hunt you need to have spend massive amounts of influence in AoW and then an addtional 30k just to unlock it.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

I would love to hear some official statement, it doesn’t have to be much, I don’t expect much but something is a lot better than dead silence.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I am always very disheartened when the request for a reply is phrased like the question: “have you stopped beating your wife yet?” It doesn’t invite an answer, it just invites a cold stare until either you slink off or they have to go to the restroom.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

funny how many ppl say, small guilds can just buy influence, I would like to know how much gold they spent on influence. But there is truth in that. There are far more small guilds than larger guilds. real life money = gems = gold=influence. Not a bad move to squeeze real money out of the majority by anet.

When I bought the game I knew party size was 5, open world was as many that wanted to be there and if you contributed to the event you had the same chance to be rewarded as anyone.
Interesting enough larger guilds are saying if your small its your fault. But couldn’t the same be said, if your guild is to big for the content then whose fault is that. Ignorance is obviously a choice here.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Guru.1582

Guru.1582

Just wanted to add to the noise a bit and say that I’m very disappointed by the way the guild missions were implemented. Gating the content so that smaller guilds get the shaft, and bigger guilds have it easy, was a very poor way of implementing the content.

Yet another example of Anet shifting away from the core principles of inclusion and out-of-the-box fun that sold the game to me.