Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Menzzo Berranzan.8379

Menzzo Berranzan.8379

@Korrigan, they may well join your guild to participate in these events because they feel their small guild is unable to raise the required revenue. If they communicate this to your leadership will you really kick them if they don’t represent you 24/7? Maybe a little understanding on your part would then see them represent you for some of the week in order to participate in the accumulation of your influence. Dear Lord, it’s hard enough that this content is gated for them by Anet, don’t Guild Gate it as well!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Refeuh.8493

Refeuh.8493

As far as I am concerned, members not representing the guild is a failure in terms of guild organisation and communication.

People should feel like they’re part of the group, and should want to represent the guild, not because they’re told to, but because they want to. If a good balance is achieved, it’s a win-win situation, and members will naturally represent the guild when they believe they’re getting something out of it, simply because most people have a common sense of some sort of “loyalty” (i.e. “I enjoy playing with this group, therefore when I do I will represent their guild”). Some people won’t, but that should be a minority.

A large proportion of “leechers” would show that people don’t get that feeling, contributing to the community, and getting something from it.

As a guild leader myself, I truly don’t mind if people join my guild just for the rewards. Maybe they’re in a very small “friends” group in parallel where every influence point does count, but they want to enjoy the content before they can afford it themselves. What’s wrong with that ? We have to pay to unlock the rewards anyway, whether we’re 20, 50, or 100 players actively representing the guild. At that kind of scale, 50.000 influence or so doesn’t make a difference. So… Why not share the joy.

Best case, these players initially joining “for the bonuses” start to feel “at home” in the larger guild, at which point they will naturally represent it.

It’s all about the experience of individuals. Make people feel they’re part of something, and they will contribute.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I’m a member of a small guild that fairly often can get a 5-man dungeon group together but sometime has to PUG one or two people. We’re a group of friends that has played other games together before and joined GW2 as well. We’ve looked into recruiting people, but every nice person I’ve met while PUGging has usually had a guild already. Merging with some other guild in a same situation is something we’ve thought about, since none of us really wants to be in a really huge guild (which, ironically enough, would have no trouble doing guild missions.)

The thing is, I don’t feel comfortable at all to leaving my guild and joining a huge one just to be able to do these missions. I wouldn’t feel right towards that other guild either to pop in whenever they’re doing a mission and then just leave. (even though I just read Refeuh’s response ^^^ where he says it’s fine with him) I feel that I should be able to do these things with my own guild.

If you have content that requires 15 people to do, that’s fine, we can always get a group going with other people. But if you have GUILD missions, it sure would be nice to be able to do them with our GUILD, however small it would be. Otherwise ANet needs to say this content is for large guilds only, unless you’re willing to guildswap.

Guild Missions [merged]

Refeuh.8493

The thing is, I don’t feel comfortable at all to leaving my guild and joining a huge one just to be able to do these missions. I wouldn’t feel right towards that other guild either to pop in whenever they’re doing a mission and then just leave.

It seems to me many people think that guild members should prove they are worth “something” (read “influence”) not to be kicked out of a large guild. I see it the other way : the guild should prove it’s providing a useful infrastructure for members to want to represent it.

Bashing people with rules and “must represent” policies is counter-productive and doesn’t lead to a friendly environment people enjoy. Get members to realise it’s actually fun and nice to be part of the guild, and you get a lot more buy in from everybody

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Small guilds are as ‘real’ as their larger counterparts.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

There is no problem as i see it, everyone can be in a small guild and a large guild

Sure, that’s not a problem at all, since while the people are in the larger guild, they aren’t helping the smaller guild grind to unlock the stuff either…sure, no problem there at all, right? That is, unless you’re the smaller guild, who in the long run, people will stop repping altogether.

Sadly, in most large guilds, this is EXACTLY why I wouldn’t want to be a part of them. It’s not about the friendship and companionship of fellow guildies, it’s about what can the group do to help me. I don’t think nor believe that all large guilds are this way, but a good majority are, and the larger they are, the more likely this mentality is to happen.

I’ve been there, done that, and prefer having a smaller guild of friends I know and trust. Large guilds tend to harbor a bunch of people who will stick around long enough to get what they want out of the guild, and then move on to the next step, there is no loyalty or friendship. If that’s the idea of fun, no thanks, I’ll go back to flash games until the next great game comes out.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Goldhuman.3047

Goldhuman.3047

Hello,

I like what ANET are trying to do here. Guild Missions sound cool. But everyone wants to play the game and this means every aspect of the game.

This idea that everyone has to grind to get the bounties first is a awful idea. The guild I am in has 10 people and we are a tight closed knit group. Most know each other in real life. But ANET is killing us. If we recruit someone that person will leave as we will take too long to get the guild missions.

ANET you want my opinion. I love this idea but for smaller groups you need to do something so we don’t crumble. help us grow as well. There must be a way to help us little folk out.

Thank you

Gold

GoldHuman/GoldBangBang, Lvl 80 Ele & Necro
Gunnars Hold/ Gunnars Scum Guild
We are recruiting for WVW and Guild Missions….

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

Our small Guild cannot do any new missions for the simple fact that ANet somewhow managed to reset all our guild upgrades to ZERO, twice now.
How can we get to the desired level of upgrades if we are set back all the time?
Sent a support ticket and in game report, no reply for over two weeks.
Buy influence with gold? So we can loose gold as well as time?

Would like more testing before stuff comes out.
Very disappointed.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

A lot of opinions here. I’m sure people will choose the one they like best. I’m sure we can all agree, however, that ANet has, once again, upset and alienated another section of the community. Either because this update screws some people or because they can’t communicate and explain why it doesn’t. Fail on ANet’s part, regardless. Again. Recommend some study in project management and communication.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Ravbek.7938

Ravbek.7938

Coming from a smaller guild (5-8 active) I do have to agree with Matipzieu KyA’s post:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-guild-missions-opinions-concerns/page/14#post1522077

Where I love the idea of these missions it will take my guild a good number of months to open up the content. The core of the guild is a group of friends who i’m sure will stay but I am worried that some of our members who we’ve recruited might move to a guild who already have all of these cool feature open.

Cybek – Gunnars Hold
Wipus Frequentus – www.wipus.net
Rock Paper Signet – www.rockpapershotgun.com

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

It’s astonishing how they still don’t learn. communi-kitten-cation.
If you want to have a good laugh, watch this interview with Chris , with his comment at 9:08.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Goldhuman.3047

Coming from a smaller guild (5-8 active) I do have to agree with Matipzieu KyA’s post:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-guild-missions-opinions-concerns/page/14#post1522077

Where I love the idea of these missions it will take my guild a good number of months to open up the content. The core of the guild is a group of friends who i’m sure will stay but I am worried that some of our members who we’ve recruited might move to a guild who already have all of these cool feature open.

I am in agreeance. We are in the same boat. I think to do a quick fix and for everyones best interests. They need more tiers. So something for the smaller guilds to do and still the top stuff for big guilds. So for example currently I believe there is 6/7 tiers for bounties. Why not double this and change rewards. So tier 1 you need 1k influence. and double it each time so by time you get to tier 6 which will be the current tier 1 it costs around 30k. This will slightly help smaller guilds.

But on a second note I can understand ANET want to surprise us and make us gamers happy. But they do need to get opinions before hand but without giving too much information away and think of the whole community.

regards

gold

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Mackanstein.2503

Mackanstein.2503

And when you have spent all those months getting the influence (or spent the gold for speeding it up a bit), there is no guarantee that you will have the manpower to actually find the bounty in time and complete the mission. Sure, people could help you, but there is the worry that they won’t, as there’s no reward in it for them.

I really don’t want this to be the case, I want to believe that when us smaller guilds actually get to this content, there will be kind-hearted souls there to help us.

Until then, however, we are effectively locked out of the content unless we become ‘leeches’ (didn’t take long for such a term to appear in the community). Playing as a small guild and still wanting to be up to date with the current content was apparently a mistake, and the price for it is high.

I really like the mention of ‘second-class’ players, cause that’s exactly how I feel I’m being viewed as here.

Guild Missions [merged]

Refeuh.8493

Just because ANet doesn’t do specifically what some people want, it doesn’t mean they don’t know what they are doing…

It’s easy to criticise when focusing only a small portion of the problems they are trying to solve. Some respect and understanding can go a long way.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kavs.7286

Kavs.7286

Dunno if this has been mentioned before but Arenanet should implement an alliance system similar to GW1. The Guild Missions can then give guild rewards to every guild in the Alliance if a certain percentage of the guild’s players participitate. Limit it to 5 guilds in an alliance or something.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Just because ANet doesn’t do specifically what some people want, it doesn’t mean they don’t know what they are doing…

It’s easy to criticise when focusing only a small portion of the problems they are trying to solve. Some respect and understanding can go a long way.

Doesn’t matter. It’s how they handle it. I mean, a thread with > 1000 posts is not something you ignore. They should say something, even if it’s just “We are looking into it and sifting through all the feedback and discussing it internally. We’ll come back with more info later.”

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Goldhuman.3047

Dunno if this has been mentioned before but Arenanet should implement an alliance system similar to GW1. The Guild Missions can then give guild rewards to every guild in the Alliance if a certain percentage of the guild’s players participitate. Limit it to 5 guilds in an alliance or something.

Good idea but sorry I would disagree as you would be in an alliance and have the big guild doing the work and you would get rewards. I would rather be in my small guild and get chance to work for something. It is all part the fun of working for something. Just currently the grind looks painful.

But I understand why ANET have done this and it is a good idea. Just they just need a patch now to help us small folk out.

gold

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I cannot understand that move, the way it was done. This is a clear communication error on ANet part.

At the question of small guilds could enjoy that content, the answer was yes.

End result we got was : Ah ah, the new content you were eager and excited to get, is NOT FOR YOU. Suckers!

And then people got angry. Was it that hard to predict ANet?

Why are the tier 1 bounties which already require some size of a guild to even complete but still manageable for the smallest guilds out there behind a HUGE influence cost ? Would it have hurt someone to make it cost 1000 and act of war 2 to unlock tier 1, 10000 and act of war 3 for tier 2 and 20000 and act of war 5 for tier 3 for example ? Big guilds would aim to do the higher tier bounties tailored to big populations anyway, and the unlock price for those would be on a scale fit for their size. It would have contented nearly everyone doing it that way!

(edited by stof.9341)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

I’m so disappointed by this update… I can’t even find the words.
My guild was really anticipating the guild missions. We were thrilled to have some new content to do together. But the fact is we are a small guild, so we are left on the side of the road.
We putted a lot of time and effort into building our little community and we feel like Anet is telling that we are second class players because our guild is not big enough. No matter how skilled a player you are it doesn’t matter.
I can’t even fathom how they could think that having the same cost for large and small guild could enhance everyone’s guild experience.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I’ve had another thought, one that’s technical.
Perhaps Guild Bounties are the only Guild Missions they’ve actually finished development on, hence why they’ve time-gated the others. They’re giving themselves more time to finish the content while at the same time trying to fool people into believing they’ve released it.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I just wanted to point something out about the proposal, that everyone can join a big guild for the missions etc and that several big guilds do not require to represent etc.. Well of course someone can do this, but would that be fair for the big guild? If I am in a guild no matter if big or small, I want to be part of it and I want to DO my share for it. For me it sounds somehow strange that bigger guilds do not seem to mind, that people are joining them just to leech off their infrastructure.

If I was a guildleader of a big guild I would be very disappointed that people do not want my guild but only the infrastructure it provides.

If you represent the big guild, at the same time you weaken your small guild which is your “actual” guild because you feel close to it or you leech of someone else.

But maybe I’m to oldfashioned, no idea.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

It’s all a bit of a clusterfudge Pirlipat, and not thought through at all. The more I think about it, the more I see it was completely rushed.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kavs.7286

Kavs.7286

Good idea but sorry I would disagree as you would be in an alliance and have the big guild doing the work and you would get rewards. I would rather be in my small guild and get chance to work for something. It is all part the fun of working for something. Just currently the grind looks painful.

But I understand why ANET have done this and it is a good idea. Just they just need a patch now to help us small folk out.

gold

I see your point, what could be done is set a threshold for the percentage of players in the guild that must participate, like 50% of online members, for the guild to receive the award. Maybe give reduced rewards to the alliance guilds that have not activated the mission. Would help guilds in working towards unlocking their own missions and in a well managed alliance the guild that activates the mission would be rotated.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

Mungrul raised a good point.

As a leader, if someone joins my guild just to get to participate in the guild events but doesn’t represent the guild to earn the influence required to start those events, he will get in trouble and will most likely get the boot if he doesn’t change is behavior.

I have a word for that kind of behavior – it’s called a “leech”. And I don’t like leeches. Want to benefit from the size of my guild? You better also participate in building it.

Elitism, and a profound lack of a sense of community rolled into one

And how to you call a person who just joins a community for the benefits of it without ever participating in that community otherwise?
Self entitlement, much? You deserve the rewards while others work to get them?
If refusing to do all the work for other to only reap the benefits is being elitist in your book, them I’m proud to be one.

@Korrigan, they may well join your guild to participate in these events because they feel their small guild is unable to raise the required revenue. If they communicate this to your leadership will you really kick them if they don’t represent you 24/7? Maybe a little understanding on your part would then see them represent you for some of the week in order to participate in the accumulation of your influence. Dear Lord, it’s hard enough that this content is gated for them by Anet, don’t Guild Gate it as well!

In my world, people can’t simply reap without ever participating in sowing too. Be it in a game or not. If someone only joins a big guild to get the rewards of the guild events, without representing the guild to help enabling those events, then he’s a dead weight, a leech. And what annoys me even more is that he’s not even part of the guild community, he’s only there for the trinkets, the shinies, the rewards. Not the kind of members I enjoy having in my guild, sorry. I enjoy having guild mates who play with me, make our guild chat live, socialize, you know, people who may become my friends, and not people who are just there to use everyone else to get shiny trinkets in the game.

While I agree that the current guild event system needs some tweaking, some behaviors are just not acceptable if you want to maintain a good community in your guild. And if I allowed some people to just jump in to reap benefits of what my current members worked for, the members wouldn’t be happy at all.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

(edited by Korrigan.4837)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

1. Friend logs in all excited for guild missions.
2. Had to explain to him we’re a small guild so don’t have influence to run/unlock them without spending lots of Gs.
3. He asks “what ever happened to casually playing/leaving and coming back to play any content?”
4. Logs off.

Yeah great work ANet. Real great work here.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I still think that having content catered to larger guilds is fine.

What I’m miffed about is that there are now statistical advantages that can only be acquired by having a larger guild. They should have NEVER offered ascended accessories with guild commendations without multiple means of acquiring them.

And no, 40 laurels (1 monthly and 30 dailies) + 50 ecto is not an acceptable alternative.

• Gold/Gems
  • Badges of Honor
  • Laurels
  • Relics/Pristine Relics

Everytime you release new accessories…YOU MUST MAKE SURE THAT THEY ARE AVAILABLE TO ALL PLAYSTYLES AND PREVIOUS CURRENCIES. That’s the difference between introducing a new optional playstyle with guild missions and introducing a new checklist grind with guild missions.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

And no, 40 laurels (1 monthly and 30 dailies) + 50 ecto is not an acceptable alternative.

And what would be acceptable? ATM like machines in Lion’s Arch which give out Ascended gear for 10 copper each?
The ascended gear available with laurels can be achieved by any play style in a reasonable time frame, there’s no forced grouping, no forced dungeoning, and now that the dailies are customizable, by doing most of the usual in game activities. You can’t expect ANet to give out gear for just sitting near the bank in Lion’s Arch either…

Guild Missions [merged]

Mackanstein.2503

1. Friend logs in all excited for guild missions.
2. Had to explain to him we’re a small guild so don’t have influence to run/unlock them without spending lots of Gs.
3. He asks “what ever happened to casually playing/leaving and coming back to play any content?”
4. Logs off.

Yeah great work ANet. Real great work here.

The worst part is that this is how they got so many sales and pre-orders. Now they’re working on initiating everyone into the old school model again: keep up or keep out.

On the bright side, at least with this MMO you can choose to play without supporting by simply not buying gems. On the bad side, this could lead to the company not affording the improvements to make the game more like the manifesto. A vicious cycle starting there.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

And what would be acceptable? ATM like machines in Lion’s Arch which give out Ascended gear for 10 copper each?
The ascended gear available with laurels can be achieved by any play style in a reasonable time frame, there’s no forced grouping, no forced dungeoning, and now that the dailies are customizable, by doing most of the usual in game activities. You can’t expect ANet to give out gear for just sitting near the bank in Lion’s Arch either…

Well, but like you pointed out yourself. For small-guild members the only way to accquire them otherwise is to give up their guild and leave their social structure they may have built up.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Hindsight is 20/20, foresight isn’t. While choice is an important part of games, so is knowledge.

Leftover, unspent influence accumulate. Done

What if there is NO leftover influence? Leftover after all suggests having more than needed, and the very fact that a guild had some branch still unresearched suggests they did NOT have any leftovers.

I have a question regarding this. What if your friends came with you to a bigger guild?

It still wouldn’t be a guild of my and my friends. I don’t enjoy being forced to socialize with people i don’t care about. The other people would likely not enjoy it as well.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I have a small guild, technically we’re 7, but TBH, currently I’m the only active person, 2 are just honorary members who don’t represent, 1 is a recent recruit/newbie to the game.

We’ve been trying to get the guild vault upgraded (we still have two upgrades to go). That was the highest goal in architecture, then we were going to go for other, smaller, goals in other categories. Not there’s YET ANOTHER tier in Architecture?! And something that requires 50k influence to get in itself?! And it sounds like awesome content, right up our alley! I would love to be able to build those things and do them each week. It sounds like great fun. It would also get my guild online more. But now, the goal is practically out of sight. We’re having a hard enough time upgrading the vault box. I believe we’re working on tier 4 in architecture… that’s how long it takes our guild. Note: We don’t have anything researched beyond karma banners and architecture.

Can’t we just have a separate build group (like architecture, AoW, etc) for guild missions? And have the lower-tiered guild missions made for smaller guilds so they can earn the influence that way to get to the tougher guild missions? This way the larger guilds could get to the tougher guild missions ASAP with influence without even trying the smaller ones and the smaller guilds don’t feel left out of the content as “easier” and less rewarding guild missions will still be tough for small guilds yet a far more fun way of earning influence to get to the tougher ones.

(edited by Lorelei.7809)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Lyrina Bhey.8357

Lyrina Bhey.8357

We are a guild of about 10 people playing regular, it took us 6 month to get the deep cave which is something like 40K influence. It will take us one year to unlock the guild jumping puzzle ?! o_O
We obviously will never reach that gap, we started to think about “farming” influence, because this is the only solution for us to reach such a big amount.
Gw2 was supposed to allow casual player and harcore gamers have the same game experience, with the laurel you did a very good job, now we can gather them to unlock ascended items without spending our lives in fractals.
But please give a solution to small guilds to unlock the guild missions. Laurels gathered by the guild mates and given to the guild account and used to unlock missions for exemple, monthly achievements made by a guild team of 5 guys to be validated to unlock the missions anything but please no more farming :/

Guild Missions [merged]

Mackanstein.2503

Countering with an exaggerated strawman does not impress anyone. They could’ve just made the accessories just as expensive as the rings.

It fulfills the same functionality: giving an alternative way for those who do not enjoy/cannot do the content they were released and gimmicked together with.

They have weaker stats, no reason for being so much more expensive.

35 laurels still takes a reasonable amount of gathering for such an item. I am even fine with the 40, although I think it strange for reasons above.

35 laurels is still 35 laurels less to spend on Von Snuffles and whatev.

50 ecto just comes out of bloody nowhere. That’s like 15 gold now. In addition to the amount of dailies and monthlies.

That said, it’s just another thing that’s there to dump laurels into. And laurels take no effort, only time. I’d rather have something that takes more effort and less time. How about fractals? It’s in fractals that ascended items matter anyway. Why does a fractal lover with a small guild have to grind laurels or leech off a megaguild to progress?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Mungrul raised a good point.

As a leader, if someone joins my guild just to get to participate in the guild events but doesn’t represent the guild to earn the influence required to start those events, he will get in trouble and will most likely get the boot if he doesn’t change is behavior.

I have a word for that kind of behavior – it’s called a “leech”. And I don’t like leeches. Want to benefit from the size of my guild? You better also participate in building it.

Elitism, and a profound lack of a sense of community rolled into one

Unfortunately, that is a completely valid response to the problem. You cannot fault big guilds’ leaders for taking additional measures to protect the sense of community of their own guilds. It is not their fault – the problem lies in game mechanics.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Velerak.8490

Velerak.8490

Hindsight is 20/20, foresight isn’t. While choice is an important part of games, so is knowledge.

Leftover, unspent influence accumulate. Done

What if there is NO leftover influence? Leftover after all suggests having more than needed, and the very fact that a guild had some branch still unresearched suggests they did NOT have any leftovers.

I have a question regarding this. What if your friends came with you to a bigger guild?

It still wouldn’t be a guild of my and my friends. I don’t enjoy being forced to socialize with people i don’t care about. The other people would likely not enjoy it as well.

Personally, I love my small guild, as with the above, it’s a small friendly guild, ditching it and moving to a massive guild completely misses the purpose.

I’ve ran guilds of over 200 members in the past and I do not want that level of stress, nor do I wish to go out and mass recruit only to have a massive job of keeping all of those people happy and content in my guild, thus forefeiting my own game enjoyment.

I’m a casual player, and don’t like having to farm to get enough gold for basic armor so why should I have to put in a lot more time, gold and effort into gaining enough influence to unlock one guild mission.

Just as an example, a guild would need to invest 116500 status to unlock the guild puzzle missions, including the architecture tiers necessary and not including the 250 merits.

This would take my guild roughly 14 1/2 weeks just to earn enough status to start building it, and only if we work very hard.

Velerak Elonnassai
Guild master of Too Late Running(TLR)
Mercenary guild of Gunnar’s Hold(EU)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Shadamehr.1284

Shadamehr.1284

Great comprehensive reply Matipzieu !
I’m worried about our small guild being able to get involved in these guild events too.
We have 4 members who play most nights, and are working hard on getting 2 more.
All of us playing at the moment are ex-WoW. Our guild was formed by a group of hard core WoW raiders and actually has 24 members ! on the roster. Unfortunately after MoP hit they all left GW2 and returned to WoW for raiding. The four players left weren’t hard core raiders and stayed on, sadly the other 20 haven’t returned :-(

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

50 ecto just comes out of bloody nowhere. That’s like 15 gold now. In addition to the amount of dailies and monthlies.

Last time I checked (that’s one minute ago), the ascended gear you get from laurels doesn’t require any single “ecto”.
Other thing… ascended gear isn’t required to play the game EXCEPT if you do fractals to a high level. Guess what? I don’t have a single ascended piece yet. Full exotic works just fine for most of the content, ascended only gives a marginal stat increase.
I’m a very casual player, but you won’t see me asking ANet or any other MMO company to add stuff just for me to get easily by playing just 1 hour. If something I want is harder to get, well, it will just take more time. The game is going nowhere, and will still be there next month, at least it gives me long term objectives.

Guild Missions [merged]

Mackanstein.2503

Last time I checked (that’s one minute ago), the ascended gear you get from laurels doesn’t require any single “ecto”.
Other thing… ascended gear isn’t required to play the game EXCEPT if you do fractals to a high level. Guess what? I don’t have a single ascended piece yet. Full exotic works just fine for most of the content, ascended only gives a marginal stat increase.
I’m a very casual player, but you won’t see me asking ANet or any other MMO company to add stuff just for me to get easily by playing just 1 hour. If something I want is harder to get, well, it will just take more time. The game is going nowhere, and will still be there next month, at least it gives me long term objectives.

1, The alternate way to get ascended accessories is to pay 40 laurels and 50 globs of ectoplasm. If it was the spelling you were on about, sorry about not writing “globs of ectoplasm”.

2, I was raising the concern that small guild fractal players have to resort to other means to get the items they want for the content they like, which seems wrong to me. It’s like forcing people in WoW to win the weekly fishing competition in order to get parts of the raiding gear.

I hope that clears things up cause I feel that your post passed right by mine.

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

I’ve ran guilds of over 200 members in the past and I do not want that level of stress, nor do I wish to go out and mass recruit only to have a massive job of keeping all of those people happy and content in my guild, thus forefeiting my own game enjoyment.

Except that you do not need 200 members to gain influence at a reasonable speed in GW2. With 20 to 30 active members, you are just fine.
We don’t invite everybody we see on public chat, we have a recruitment process with required application, since we try to maintain a community, and not just a group of people who use each other to get shinies in the game, yet we have 30ish active members and the influence builds up just fine. You don’t have to recruit everyone like a madman and make a mess of a guild in order to have enough members, friendly people are out there, everywhere, you just have to find them, and them to find you.

Guild Missions [merged]

Goldhuman.3047

Except that you do not need 200 members to gain influence at a reasonable speed in GW2. With 20 to 30 active members, you are just fine.
We don’t invite everybody we see on public chat, we have a recruitment process with required application, since we try to maintain a community, and not just a group of people who use each other to get shinies in the game, yet we have 30ish active members and the influence builds up just fine. You don’t have to recruit everyone like a madman and make a mess of a guild in order to have enough members, friendly people are out there, everywhere, you just have to find them, and them to find you.

I am sorry and I am sure people will agree with me here. You are not getting the point. I have read all your posts and it is driving me mad. You obviously come from a big guild with 20-30 members but please go back and read other posts. Most people like myself are in guilds with 10 or less members and we don’t want to join big guilds as we just want a close knit guild with friends. And it is these guilds that are missing out.

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

2, I was raising the concern that small guild fractal players have to resort to other means to get the items they want for the content they like, which seems wrong to me. It’s like forcing people in WoW to win the weekly fishing competition in order to get parts of the raiding gear.

You’re not making much sense here… it’s you who talked about a strawman in your previous post?

In WoW, and I’m an avid player of that game for the last 8 years with two active accounts, people who raid are also forced to farm for many things… like food, as you mention it, and fishing is actually almost mandatory for any serious raider. You also need enchanting materials, leather for leg armor, gems, etc…, or you need gold to buy those things, which still requires farming outside of your raid activities.
Just like any other MMORPG, GW2 requires people to participate in different activities. But none of those and mandatory, since ascended gear isn’t required except if you are into high level fractal farming… and if you are into that, the ascended gear you get from fractals is enough, you do not need the laurel gear.

Guild Missions [merged]

fishball.7204

You’re not making much sense here… it’s you who talked about a strawman in your previous post?

In WoW, and I’m an avid player of that game for the last 8 years with two active accounts, people who raid are also forced to farm for many things… like food, as you mention it, and fishing is actually almost mandatory for any serious raider. You also need enchanting materials, leather for leg armor, gems, etc…, or you need gold to buy those things, which still requires farming outside of your raid activities.
Just like any other MMORPG, GW2 requires people to participate in different activities. But none of those and mandatory, since ascended gear isn’t required except if you are into high level fractal farming… and if you are into that, the ascended gear you get from fractals is enough, you do not need the laurel gear.

Let me know when ascended earrings and amulets drop in fractals mmk?

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

I am sorry and I am sure people will agree with me here. You are not getting the point. I have read all your posts and it is driving me mad. You obviously come from a big guild with 20-30 members but please go back and read other posts. Most people like myself are in guilds with 10 or less members and we don’t want to join big guilds as we just want a close knit guild with friends. And it is these guilds that are missing out.

20-30 members isn’t big. We actually are a quite “close knit” guild and we are quite picky with our recruitment. Everyone knows each other, and I’m actually glad of being part of a community with so many nice members and which extends beyond the limits of the game too.

If you choose to stay with 10 members, you have to accept the consequences… and that is that it will take you 3x the time it would take a 30 member guild to gain the same amount of influence.

Should ANet reduce the cost of the new guild events? Yes, I definitely think they should. But even if they do, your small guild will STILL be much slower than a larger guild to unlock the stuff. That’s the price to pay for not wanting to try and meet other people and just wanting to stick with known friends. In games like MMORPGs, people get rewarded for taking the “risk” to meet new people.

Let me know when those are required to play the game.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

In my view, there are 2 problems:

1. The cost to access Guild Missions may be fine for large guilds, but is prohibitive for smaller guilds.
(Those who argue that small guilds want stuff for free, while large guilds work for it are overlooking the fact that small guilds need to earn a lot more Influence per person to be able to buy the same upgrades.)
Suggestion: All that is needed for small guilds to not feel left out is to put the very lowest tier of each type of Guild Mission behind a lower unlock threshold, while keeping the higher tiers behind more expensive unlock thresholds. Done in such a way that all unlock costs add up to the same levels they are now, so that large guilds who have already unlocked Bounties are not disadvantaged.

2. Guild (Bounty) Missions themselves cannot be completed with the small number of players many small guilds have available.
(Those arguing that bystanders in the open world can help with the mission overlook the fact that bystanders do not receive special rewards, and may have little incentive to help. Also, finding 2 Champions in 15 minutes is hard enough if you don’t have 10 people.)
Suggestion: The easiest solution is to introduce lower-tiered Guild Missions that can be done with five people. For example, a Guild Bounty that requires finding and defeating only 1 Champion in 15 minutes. Or a Guild Rush that is balanced for 5 active participants. These should offer accordingly low rewards, of course, but should still allow players to earn Guild Commendations and the guild to acquire Guild Merits.

I believe that the underlying problem is that ArenaNet considers “small guilds” to be guilds with 10 active players online at peak times. Unfortunately, guilds with less active players during peak times than this are not thought of at all.

Finally, let me reiterate that Matipzieu KyA’s excellent series of 4 posts on page 14 of this thread is a must-read:

(edited by Jornophelanthas.1475)

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

Suggestion: All that is needed for small guilds to not feel left out is to put the very lowest tier of each type of Guild Mission behind a lower unlock threshold, while keeping the higher tiers behind progressively more expensive unlock thresholds.

This sounds like the right thing to do indeed :-)

Suggestion: The easiest solution is to introduce lower-tiered Guild Missions that can be done with five people. For example, a Guild Bounty that requires finding and defeating only 1 Champion in 15 minutes. Or a Guild Rush that is balanced for 5 active participants. These should offer accordingly low rewards, of course, but should still allow players to earn Guild Commendations and the guild to acquire Guild Merits.

It would no longer be guild activities, but just group activities then… and the next step is guild not even having 5 members wanting ANet to dumb down the content even more to fit their size.
This said, the game already has an automatic scaling system for dynamic events, this could just be applied to guild events too.

Guild Missions [merged]

Goldhuman.3047

20-30 members isn’t big. We actually are a quite “close knit” guild and we are quite picky with our recruitment. Everyone knows each other, and I’m actually glad of being part of a community with so many nice members and which extends beyond the limits of the game too.

If you choose to stay with 10 members, you have to accept the consequences… and that is that it will take you 3x the time it would take a 30 member guild to gain the same amount of influence.

Should ANet reduce the cost of the new guild events? Yes, I definitely think they should. But even if they do, your small guild will STILL be much slower than a larger guild to unlock the stuff. That’s the price to pay for not wanting to try and meet other people and just wanting to stick with known friends. In games like MMORPGs, people get rewarded for taking the “risk” to meet new people.

20-30 is not small especially if you are active. It wont take you long to get influence for guild missions. You see things in your own perspective. You need to open your eyes and see the bigger picture. Sounds like you don’t give a coot bout anyone else or the guild missions. I think you should just be quiet now lol.

Seriously have you read the posts my guild is not the only one….. Open your eyes.

Come on guys stick up for me here and jump on this band wagon… We all know issues. Ideas are good and always have been just need a quick fix once ANET listen to people. But we all agree this should have been done beforehand.

So come on guys get on this band wagon and tell korrigan he is wrong…..

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Dreamtheater.6487

Dreamtheater.6487

Thank you guys, I pay for a game that I can´t even play the content, because I have to leave my humble friendly guild, to acess it.
Fail concept, without proper ways for comunication with this guilds, this will fail, and lets face it, I hate playing in a zerg, me and my friends.

Guild Missions [merged]

fishball.7204

since ascended gear isn’t required except if you are into high level fractal farming… and if you are into that, the ascended gear you get from fractals is enough, you do not need the laurel gear.

Do you read what you post?

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

20-30 is not small especially if you are active. It wont take you long to get influence for guild missions. You see things in your own perspective. You need to open your eyes and see the bigger picture. Sounds like you don’t give a coot bout anyone else or the guild missions. I think you should just be quiet now lol.

Seriously have you read the posts my guild is not the only one….. Open your eyes.

Come on guys stick up for me here and jump on this band wagon… We all know issues. Ideas are good and always have been just need a quick fix once ANET listen to people. But we all agree this should have been done beforehand.

So come on guys get on this band wagon and tell korrigan he is wrong…..

Maybe you should use your own advice and start reading my posts completely before answering. Notably the part where I said ANet should reduce the costs for unlocking the guild events. Open your eyes.

since ascended gear isn’t required except if you are into high level fractal farming… and if you are into that, the ascended gear you get from fractals is enough, you do not need the laurel gear.

Do you read what you post?

Absolutely. We have a guild mate who made it to high fractal level without any laurel gear. Laurel gear isn’t required to play the game. He was level 20+ November 28, so he’s much higher today, I’ll ask him what level exactly when I catch him online.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

My Main concern with Guild Missions is in how they are started, that they require guild influence to start and activate which means you have to be high enough in the guild to play with influence.

Now what this means is those who can use the influence in the guild essentially get the opportunity to make an event whenever they wish while those who cant are at the bay of those who can. Now you can allow more people in the guild to have the ability to use influence but on the same note you dont want to have everyone available to do that.

There needs to be an ability for either
A: You can use influence that you yourself have created/ gained to create an event
B: that guild missions falls under its own guild permissions so lower ranked folks can activate them

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq