Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

I don’t get why after two days they still didn’t say anything, people would like to hear a reaction, what are you thinking a-net ? That’s all we’d like to know.

As what I think is that they should change the influence immediatly and just base it on percentage of the total members in the guild.

Since this patch I don’t feel any real enjoyment from the game anymore, I log in do a daily and then I start to think “why should I even play? What’s the point when they will just nerf this and/or that for the worse.” Every game company is going through this time after time after time !

They get people excited, make them happy, people get settled and like how things are but then for an unknown reason they have to bring out patches that changes everything for the worse.

Ok, I admit I might be over-reacting just a bit, but come on be realistic,…

I followed this game 3 years before release on a weekly basis I was waiting for news, looking up certain things etc, I played all the betas. After all this patches I was still happy, but now this, guild missions that take an insane amount of time to unlock.

This patch made me really frustrated and it shows, I have been posting several “troll” posts out of anger, I’m less friendly ingame. Because this is starting to feel like WoW. Where everyone is against everyone and people with the biggest guilds get all the perks and just steal all your members away because you can’t offer anything, even though you play the hell out of this game you couldn’t make a diffirence !

And all you want to do and have at the end of the day is a friendly guild that helps eachother and enjoys to play content together, is that so bad ?

Really ? Is that so bad?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

It’s astonishing how they still don’t learn. communi-kitten-cation.
If you want to have a good laugh, watch this interview with Chris , with his comment at 9:08.

How the hell do they get their graphics so smooth without any lag? This used to be the case for me but now it’s just a giant lag fest (even on lowest settings)…. Also LOL

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Mackanstein.2503

Mackanstein.2503

So come on guys get on this band wagon and tell korrigan he is wrong…..

I don’t think he’s wrong, although I do disagree with him. To me, ascended gear was made as a special kind of gear for fractals, thus infusions to resist agony as a throwback to GW1. To him, you only need the rings to get to the top of the difficulty scaling, and that’s fair enough. As far as I can tell, the role of ascended items is not set in stone and the function of this gear can fluctuate.

I think that this is a game built on the premise that personal activity or guild membership should not lock you out of content. I see it as a game that was meant to be an alternative to that classic MMO model. In contrast, Korrigan supports this model, which is fine to me, but I don’t agree with it.

We both agree with Jornophelanthas’ notion that lowering the cost or adding less rewarding downscaled versions would be a possible solution. I’m all for that.

So no, I won’t jump on any bandwagon and go to war with Korrigan claiming he’s wrong, cause it’s just a disagreement about something that can be interpreted in many different ways depending on perspective.

And as a final note, I personally don’t give a toss about the gear. I just don’t like that small guilds are faced with such an overly massive obstacle to reach a chance at content and then be called leeches for reluctantly joining bigger guilds just to try it out.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Suggestion: The easiest solution is to introduce lower-tiered Guild Missions that can be done with five people. For example, a Guild Bounty that requires finding and defeating only 1 Champion in 15 minutes. Or a Guild Rush that is balanced for 5 active participants. These should offer accordingly low rewards, of course, but should still allow players to earn Guild Commendations and the guild to acquire Guild Merits.

It would no longer be guild activities, but just group activities then… and the next step is guild not even having 5 members wanting ANet to dumb down the content even more to fit their size.
This said, the game already has an automatic scaling system for dynamic events, this could just be applied to guild events too.

Just to clarify, by “5 participants”, I actually mean “5 guild members, possibly aided by bystanders”.
I am NOT advocating giving full guild mission rewards to participants who are not members of the guild. I am NOT advocating that Guild Missions should be soloable/duoable. And I am NOT advocating that Guild Missions be made available to pick-up groups (unless they are all from the same guild).

(Of course, there is nothing stopping current guilds with Guild Mission access who are short a few players for the mission they want to do to advertise recruitment of “temporary members” for the duration of the Guild Mission, similar to how PUGs are formed and disbanded.)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

And as a final note, I personally don’t give a toss about the gear. I just don’t like that small guilds are faced with such an overly massive obstacle to reach a chance at content and then be called leeches for reluctantly joining bigger guilds just to try it out.

Let’s be clear once and for all about this. A small guild member changing his mind and joining a bigger guild, or recruiting more people, is in no way a “leech”. But a guy representing a small guild 99% of the time and just switching to a larger guild when comes event time without ever having participated in building up the guild’s community and of course, gaining the required influence, is indeed a “leech”.
Or call him an opportunist if you prefer.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

(edited by Korrigan.4837)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Goldhuman.3047

Goldhuman.3047

I am sorry and I am sure people will agree with me here. You are not getting the point. I have read all your posts and it is driving me mad. You obviously come from a big guild with 20-30 members but please go back and read other posts. Most people like myself are in guilds with 10 or less members and we don’t want to join big guilds as we just want a close knit guild with friends. And it is these guilds that are missing out.

20-30 members isn’t big. We actually are a quite “close knit” guild and we are quite picky with our recruitment. Everyone knows each other, and I’m actually glad of being part of a community with so many nice members and which extends beyond the limits of the game too.

If you choose to stay with 10 members, you have to accept the consequences… and that is that it will take you 3x the time it would take a 30 member guild to gain the same amount of influence.

Should ANet reduce the cost of the new guild events? Yes, I definitely think they should. But even if they do, your small guild will STILL be much slower than a larger guild to unlock the stuff. That’s the price to pay for not wanting to try and meet other people and just wanting to stick with known friends. In games like MMORPGs, people get rewarded for taking the “risk” to meet new people.

Let me know when ascended earrings and amulets drop in fractals mmk?

Let me know when those are required to play the game.

20-30 is not small especially if you are active. It wont take you long to get influence for guild missions. You see things in your own perspective. You need to open your eyes and see the bigger picture. Sounds like you don’t give a coot bout anyone else or the guild missions. I think you should just be quiet now lol.

Seriously have you read the posts my guild is not the only one….. Open your eyes.

Come on guys stick up for me here and jump on this band wagon… We all know issues. Ideas are good and always have been just need a quick fix once ANET listen to people. But we all agree this should have been done beforehand.

So come on guys get on this band wagon and tell korrigan he is wrong…..

Maybe you should use your own advice and start reading my posts completely before answering. Notably the part where I said ANet should reduce the costs for unlocking the guild events. Open your eyes.

Let me know when ascended earrings and amulets drop in fractals mmk?

Let me know when those are required to play the game.

since ascended gear isn’t required except if you are into high level fractal farming… and if you are into that, the ascended gear you get from fractals is enough, you do not need the laurel gear.

Do you read what you post?

Absolutely. We have a guild mate who made it to high fractal level without any laurel gear. Laurel gear isn’t required to play the game. He was level 20+ November 28, so he’s much higher today, I’ll ask him what level exactly when I catch him online.

Your contradicting your self though. You say being in a small guild is a consequence so get used to it. I know I am in a small guild. That wont change. Seriously why do you want the costs to come down. You can easily work and get upgrades etc with 20-30 people. see below:

30 people log on in a day gets you 1500 influence. if they have multiple characters then an extra 50 per character. This doesn’t include events and activities that gain influence. You could be potentially earning 4k+ influence a day. So why say you want costs reduced when its obvious your guild aint small and in your opinion you don’t need it reduced.

Like I said the rest of us with 10 or less members do. as it will take us approximately4/5 times longer to get than your guild.

regards

gold

GoldHuman/GoldBangBang, Lvl 80 Ele & Necro
Gunnars Hold/ Gunnars Scum Guild
We are recruiting for WVW and Guild Missions….

Guild Missions [merged]

Goldhuman.3047

Let’s be clear once and for all about this. A small guild member changing his mind and joining a bigger guild, or recruiting more people, is in no way a “leech”. But a guy representing a small guild 99% of the time and just switching to a larger guild when comes event time without ever having participated in building up the guild’s community and of course, gaining the required influence, is indeed a “leech”.

If I am honest this be the first time I agree with korrigan. I believe if your in a guild you should help it. if not leave. and if I saw someone join just for an event id bin them off. I want people who are ready to help the guild get better and grow.

Guild Missions [merged]

Jornophelanthas.1475

If I am honest this be the first time I agree with korrigan. I believe if your in a guild you should help it. if not leave. and if I saw someone join just for an event id bin them off. I want people who are ready to help the guild get better and grow.

Unless of course the guild is inviting people to join just for the events.

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

Your contradicting your self though. You say being in a small guild is a consequence so get used to it. I know I am in a small guild. That wont change. Seriously why do you want the costs to come down. You can easily work and get upgrades etc with 20-30 people. see below:

30 people log on in a day gets you 1500 influence. if they have multiple characters then an extra 50 per character. This doesn’t include events and activities that gain influence. You could be potentially earning 4k+ influence a day. So why say you want costs reduced when its obvious your guild aint small and in your opinion you don’t need it reduced.

I don’t contradict myself at all. Even with 30 members, the costs are high, and I imagine the pain for smaller guilds, so I support a cost reduction. We can deal with the actual costs if really needed, but that doesn’t stop me from being empathic with people in smaller guilds.

Like I said the rest of us with 10 or less members do. as it will take us approximately4/5 times longer to get than your guild.

That’s the point you’re missing… even if they halve the costs, it will still take you 4/5 times longer to get. The only solution would be to make the costs insignificant, but that would defeat the purpose of unlocking guild events, which is working together towards a goal.

And then there’s also the problem of how small can a guild be… if you adjust the costs for 10 man guilds, the 5 man ones will start complaining until the costs is adjusted to them… and they you will have the 2 man “wife and husband” guilds crying they can’t unlock the events and want it adjusted to them too.

Slippery slope.

Guild Missions [merged]

Goldhuman.3047

I don’t contradict myself at all. Even with 30 members, the costs are high, and I imagine the pain for smaller guilds, so I support a cost reduction. We can deal with the actual costs if really needed, but that doesn’t stop me from being empathic with people in smaller guilds.

That’s the point you’re missing… even if they halve the costs, it will still take you 4/5 times longer to get. The only solution would be to make the costs insignificant, but that would defeat the purpose of unlocking guild events, which is working together towards a goal.

And then there’s also the problem of how small can a guild be… if you adjust the costs for 10 man guilds, the 5 man ones will start complaining until the costs is adjusted to them… and they you will have the 2 man “wife and husband” guilds crying they can’t unlock the events and want it adjusted to them too.

Slippery slope.

Your right it is a slippery slope. But I don’t know what situation some guilds are in. But I will say one thing I don’t think it is easy to recruit in this game. On guild wars 1 I found it easy but here people I see are in guilds already or don’t want to join.

Guild Missions [merged]

Jornophelanthas.1475

Because of this slippery slope, I (personally) drew the line at the 5-player group.

Not only because a lot of the game is geared towards the 5-player group, but also because (as a result), both ArenaNet and most players have a clear grasp of what is balanced for a 5-player group.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Well, in my situation, I’m fairly close with a larger guild that I probably won’t represent except during their guild missions (since my guild can’t do them). I’m on a separate server so my influence gain doesn’t affect them much anyway. But we’re on good terms with each other. I commonly do dungeons with them while not representing, etc. I don’t think they consider it leeching and they’re happy to have me as an “honorary”. I’d say give them a chance before calling them a leech.

edit: I like Jornophelanthas’ idea.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Well, in my situation, I’m fairly close with a larger guild that I probably won’t represent except during their guild missions (since my guild can’t do them). I’m on a separate server so my influence gain doesn’t affect them much anyway. But we’re on good terms with each other. I commonly do dungeons with them while not representing, etc. I don’t think they consider it leeching and they’re happy to have me as an “honorary”. I’d say give them a chance before calling them a leech.

It seems that you have to be on the same server where the guild bought and launched the mission to get any benefits. Tough luck.

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

Dungeons are different from guild events. Dungeons don’t require influence to be activated.

@Stof: doesn’t guesting work for this?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Dungeons are different from guild events. Dungeons don’t require influence to be activated.

@Stof: doesn’t guesting work for this?

I saw reports from players that tested them already that said so yeah.

Guild Missions [merged]

Lorelei.7809

It seems that you have to be on the same server where the guild bought and launched the mission to get any benefits. Tough luck.

Sad. At least I’ll get to play the content sometimes. I really think having a tier for them being balanced for 5 players is good. Even for a guild of ten, only 5 may be on at a time. With us, we’ll still have to get other people from other guilds to help us out even for a thing balanced for 5. Which is partly why I’m connected to the larger guild: so we can do dungeons. I don’t care if it’s less rewarding, I just don’t think my guild should be punished rather severely for its size.

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

It’s not you who is punished, Lorelei… it’s the people taking the “risk” to meet more other unknown people who are rewarded. Risk => reward.
You prefer the safety of your smaller guild, evading the risk inherent to meeting new people, you must also face the consequences of having a smaller structure.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Our small guild of 14(6-7 constantly active) built up our influence and were able to get each category(Politics, War, Architecture, Economics etc.) up to Tier IV and one of them to Tier V. We didn’t waste our points. But now we are down to a mere 13500 influence remaining. The Tier V category guild mission is for the jumping puzzles. But, thanks to the way ANET decided to do this we need to bring that one up to Tier VI before we can even start earning influence to spend 50000 and 250 commendations just to UNLOCK puzzles.
We watched the announcement from ANET and were excited about the new content and had the same reaction when the TRUTH finally was revealed. We feel a little betrayed.

What ANET should have done was create simple to acquire teasers to each of the new content areas. Make them repeatable so we could earn commendations, slowly for sure, and influence to reach the higher guild mission tiers. Make the teasers available at Tier IV in a particular category. Most small guilds can reach this stage without too much grinding(we did).

As it stands we’ve already given up trying to grind for it. Not worth the effort anymore. Not achievable with the hurdles ANET has put in front of us.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

Anet has still a way to fix this, with adding some low level missions (call them Guild Assignments or Guild Quest, whatever) available from Tier III or IV, that would allow small guilds to enjoy this kind of content, earlier.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Charrming Vase.4572

Charrming Vase.4572

And this is precisely what server friendly, community based, none elitist large guilds will do. I fully expect the best guilds to say “Hey folks we’re popping a guild event, want to join us for an hour and enjoy the flavour. If you like it stay awhile and hell, we don’t mind if you normally represent your small guild of local friends”

Guild Missions [merged]

Lorelei.7809

It’s not you who is punished, Lorelei… it’s the people taking the “risk” to meet more other unknown people who are rewarded. Risk => reward.
You prefer the safety of your smaller guild, evading the risk inherent to meeting new people, you must also face the consequences of having a smaller structure.

I’ve met quite a few other unknown people. I don’t avoid that risk But do you know what has happened? They’re on different servers. I’ve only talked with three people on my server, one was already content in their guild, one I’ve recruited, and one dropped out immediately once recruited. Also, with other instances, most people are rather uninterested in joining a small guild. Also, I don’t want to make my guild a PUG fest. I want people to know each other, so adding small numbers of people over time is ideal and honestly I don’t want us to get over 20 people because I don’t want to manage the wants and desires of more than 20 people. I’m the guild leader and honestly, though I’m the most active, I’m not that active. I only have one char at 80. And I also don’t like spamming map chat with recruiting stuff.

But honestly, it’s going to be even more difficult for me to recruit people now due to my guild’s small size and inability to do these missions.

I knew it was going to take us longer to get stuff, but to be honest, this is just ridiculous. We will end up going for one or two types, but it’s going to take us probably two years at this rate to get one type if we just put our influence in architecture, which, IMO, is just complete madness. And this doesn’t sound like elite content that should be locked out as much as it is. I’ll get my legendary weapon far sooner than I’ll get access to guild content, which doesn’t seem right.

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

And this is precisely what server friendly, community based, none elitist large guilds will do. I fully expect the best guilds to say “Hey folks we’re popping a guild event, want to join us for an hour and enjoy the flavour. If you like it stay awhile and hell, we don’t mind if you normally represent your small guild of local friends”

Those random invited people are no guild members, no problem with that. What I dislike is guild members who are members just for profit, not for community. Random people joining your events is just like random people you do dynamic events with when leveling. And they don’t get the full rewards either.
If you end with a guild roster full of people who never represent, and therefore never participate in guild chat aka in the community, it’s no longer a guild you have… it’s a giant pickup group. You don’t build a community with people who almost never participate in it.

Guild Missions [merged]

Goldhuman.3047

Your right, and if the smll guild recruits few new members, these new members then prefer the larger guild and leave the small guild for the larger one. And wait theres more. when these events go whos gets all the influence and merits. the small guild or the large guild?

Guild Missions [merged]

Jornophelanthas.1475

Those random invited people are no guild members, no problem with that. What I dislike is guild members who are members just for profit, not for community. Random people joining your events is just like random people you do dynamic events with when leveling. And they don’t get the full rewards either.
If you end with a guild roster full of people who never represent, and therefore never participate in guild chat aka in the community, it’s no longer a guild you have… it’s a giant pickup group.

You misunderstand. The thought discussed here is guilds actually inviting people into their guild for the duration of a Guild Mission. The invitees would thus have the ability to represent and get full rewards for the Guild Mission.
At the end of the mission, the new recruits would leave the guild again (or get kicked by mutual agreement). In some cases, guilds looking to recruit permanent members could invite these temporary members to stay around for longer.

Your right, and if the smll guild recruits few new members, these new members then prefer the larger guild and leave the small guild for the larger one. And wait theres more. when these events go whos gets all the influence and merits. the small guild or the large guild?

Indeed, small guilds will have a hard time recruiting. On the other hand, small guilds of real-life friends and family will never disband. Guild representation in such guilds will also be maintained, at least to a certain level, because without representing your (friends & family) guild, you won’t have access to the guild chat used by your friends & family.

(edited by Jornophelanthas.1475)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

And yet, when people point out problems with small guilds being barred from the guild mission content, this is the behaviour that big guild members are advising them to take.
Join the big guild for missions, while you are gathering influence for your small guild to unlock the content
In many cases those are the very same people that are against leeching.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Guild Missions [merged]

Goldhuman.3047

If you end with a guild roster full of people who never represent, and therefore never participate in guild chat aka in the community, it’s no longer a guild you have… it’s a giant pickup group.

You misunderstand. The thought discussed here is guilds actually inviting people into their guild for the duration of a Guild Mission. The invitees would thus have the ability to represent and get full rewards for the Guild Mission.
At the end of the mission, the new recruits would leave the guild again (or get kicked by mutual agreement). In some cases, guilds looking to recruit permanent members could invite these temporary members to stay around for longer.

Right ok but they would get rewards for characters but for guild rewards they would help feeding the larger guild and giving them the rewards. It doesn’t help the smaller guilds still. I understand what you mean but what if you had a small guild and wanted to get that built up. Doing events with a larger guild doesn’t do this.

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

Sounds a lot like a nice way for larger guilds to steal members from smaller ones to me, not to mention the smaller guilds don’t gain anything from it.
The whole multi-guild thing is flawed anyway in my opinion. There are many good ideas in GW2, but that’s not one of them.

Guild Missions [merged]

Lorelei.7809

Right ok but they would get rewards for characters but for guild rewards they would help feeding the larger guild and giving them the rewards. It doesn’t help the smaller guilds still. I understand what you mean but what if you had a small guild and wanted to get that built up. Doing events with a larger guild doesn’t do this.

Indeed. TBH, they were not acting like it would be elite content. It certainly doesn’t seem like elite content, but they’re treating it like it is. If it’s not meant to be elite content, why don’t they have tiers where the highest tier is elite, and the lower tiers smaller guilds can play and build up to the “elite content”?

Guild Missions [merged]

Jornophelanthas.1475

Doing a Guild Mission with a large guild as a temporary member does not gain influence for your own (small) guild. After the guild mission, you leave the large guild and represent your own guild again, gaining influence for any other events, dungeons, fractals, WvW or whatever you do.

It doesn’t gain your guild faster growth towards Guild Missions, but it does give you (as a player) Guild Commendations and a shot at a Precursor.

Of course, all this rides on a large guild having a temporary-membership-for-our-upcoming-Guild-Mission recruitment drive. Some large guilds may even start charging a fee for this.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I think there is no problem for anyone if someone makes a personal arrangement with someone, if they like the person know their situation etc. but I still think that this can’t be a solution for everyone who is in a small guild.

Guild Missions [merged]

Jornophelanthas.1475

I agree with Pirlipat, because like I said, it is all depending on either the charity or the savviness of large guilds, in providing members of small guilds with opportunities to participate in their Guild Missions.

If most or all guilds with Guild Mission access on a given server are elitist, and tell others to “l2p, earn your own missions” or to “obey our every command and we won’t kick you long enough to play in one of our missions”, then people will be left out.

(edited by Jornophelanthas.1475)

Guild Missions [merged]

Goldhuman.3047

Sounds a lot like a nice way for larger guilds to steal members from smaller ones to me, not to mention the smaller guilds don’t gain anything from it.
The whole multi-guild thing is flawed anyway in my opinion. There are many good ideas in GW2, but that’s not one of them.

I agree this was my point I made earlier. You larger guilds want entice members this way. Easier if ANET do something for smaller guilds and if people don’t want anything to do with larger guild they still get same content.

Guild Missions [merged]

Lorelei.7809

I think there is no problem for anyone if someone makes a personal arrangement with someone, if they like the person know their situation etc. but I still think that this can’t be a solution for everyone who is in a small guild.

It’s not a solution at all. It’s just a statement people who join large guilds but don’t represent aren’t all leeches.

Who is with me on the tier idea?

Because I really don’t care if I get the leet rewards. Like I really don’t mind doing lower level fractals. I don’t care if I get to higher level ones. I don’t really even want to. I just like being able to access the content, even with the less cool rewards and it being less challenging.

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

I agree with Pirlipat, because like I said, it is all depending on either the charity or the savviness of large guilds, in providing members of small guilds with opportunities to participate in their Guild Missions.

You can participate as an outsider anytime you see a guild event popping up, without ever joining the organizing guild. And you will earn influence for your own guild doing so… but of course your rewards will not be as good as the people who actually used their hard earned influence to start the event.

Guild Missions [merged]

Goldhuman.3047

Doing a Guild Mission with a large guild as a temporary member does not gain influence for your own (small) guild. After the guild mission, you leave the large guild and represent your own guild again, gaining influence for any other events, dungeons, fractals, WvW or whatever you do.

It doesn’t gain your guild faster growth towards Guild Missions, but it does give you (as a player) Guild Commendations and a shot at a Precursor.

Of course, all this rides on a large guild having a temporary-membership-for-our-upcoming-Guild-Mission recruitment drive. Some large guilds may even start charging a fee for this.

Right I want influence for my own guild and as for larger guilds if they asked me for a fee id say do one. I want to do my own stuff with my own guild. The game is called guild wars, it revolves around guilds and this means all guilds, small or large.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

So…ArenaNet…what do you have to say about this?

Guild Missions [merged]

Korrigan.4837

I agree this was my point I made earlier. You larger guilds want entice members this way. Easier if ANET do something for smaller guilds and if people don’t want anything to do with larger guild they still get same content.

Trust me, that’s definitely not the way I want to recruit new members… people only there for profit? No thanks. But some guilds, much larger than mine (actually really large, I dunno where you got the idea my guild is large), don’t care about that kind of things as long as they get numbers.

Guild Missions [merged]

Goldhuman.3047

It’s not a solution at all. It’s just a statement people who join large guilds but don’t represent aren’t all leeches.

Because I really don’t care if I get the leet rewards. Like I really don’t mind doing lower level fractals. I don’t care if I get to higher level ones. I don’t really even want to. I just like being able to access the content, even with the less cool rewards and it being less challenging.

yeah I think this is what we all want to kick start the small guilds to enjoy something as well whilst still working towards the big stuff.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Since I said that too some pages ago let me make clear what I mean. It has been brought up before, that people of smaller guilds could join bigger ones for the mission if they want to do them. But what I think is that this is not a satisfying option for anyone neither for the member who is technically forced to leech off the bigger guild nor for the big guild which gains only dead weight.

So a smaller guild member either weakens his/her guild by not representing anymore or is forced to “leech”. Of course this is a black and white sight and in general it might work out for some people because they have bounds to bigger guilds who like them etc. or because the member is partly representing but it is not a general way to go for everyone. If someone goes to a bigger guild there should be a bit more which makes him/her choose to do so and not just the missions.

That is what I wanted to say.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

Let´s me see….

I have a small guild (25 members). Ok, no problem, i can handle the new content with this ppl.

We haven´t enough influence to reach AoW5 and unlock Bounty Hunt missions. Ok, no problem, with some effort we can buy it with gold.

We are a PvE focused guild, so we used our influence in Economics, Politcs and Arch (AoW is useless to us, why spend influence on it?). With your great desing of Guild Missions we need to wait two weeks to start play the new content!!! This is just ridiculous.

Really i dont understand which is the goal with this type of obstacles. The solution is simple. Move the unlock option to any categorie at lvl 1 (and reduce the cost). Not the next patch, not the next week, TODAY!!

Guild Missions [merged]

Jornophelanthas.1475

This is as good a time as any to post a link to Matipzieu KyA’s excellent analysis of the situation on page 14 of this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-guild-missions-opinions-concerns/page/14#post1522077

I sincerely believe that this analysis needs to be quoted or linked to on every page of this thread, in order to entice both ArenaNet and new readers to this thread to read it. The author is actually thinking with ArenaNet, using his/her own professional expertise to shed light on the current state of Guild Missions.

Additionally, I’ll also quote myself, mostly for the suggestions that sparked part of the current discussion:

In my view, there are 2 problems:

1. The cost to access Guild Missions may be fine for large guilds, but is prohibitive for smaller guilds.
(Those who argue that small guilds want stuff for free, while large guilds work for it are overlooking the fact that small guilds need to earn a lot more Influence per person to be able to buy the same upgrades.)
Suggestion: All that is needed for small guilds to not feel left out is to put the very lowest tier of each type of Guild Mission behind a lower unlock threshold, while keeping the higher tiers behind more expensive unlock thresholds. Done in such a way that all unlock costs add up to the same levels they are now, so that large guilds who have already unlocked Bounties are not disadvantaged.

2. Guild (Bounty) Missions themselves cannot be completed with the small number of players many small guilds have available.
(Those arguing that bystanders in the open world can help with the mission overlook the fact that bystanders do not receive special rewards, and may have little incentive to help. Also, finding 2 Champions in 15 minutes is hard enough if you don’t have 10 people.)
Suggestion: The easiest solution is to introduce lower-tiered Guild Missions that can be done with five people. For example, a Guild Bounty that requires finding and defeating only 1 Champion in 15 minutes. Or a Guild Rush that is balanced for 5 active participants. These should offer accordingly low rewards, of course, but should still allow players to earn Guild Commendations and the guild to acquire Guild Merits.

I believe that the underlying problem is that ArenaNet considers “small guilds” to be guilds with 10 active players online at peak times. Unfortunately, guilds with less active players during peak times than this are not thought of at all.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Let´s me see….

I have a small guild (25 members). Ok, no problem, i can handle the new content with this ppl.

We haven´t enough influence to reach AoW5 and unlock Bounty Hunt missions. Ok, no problem, with some effort we can buy it with gold.

We are a PvE focused guild, so we used our influence in Economics, Politcs and Arch (AoW is useless to us, why spend influence on it?). With your great desing of Guild Missions we need to wait two weeks to start play the new content!!! This is just ridiculous.

Really i dont understand which is the goal with this type of obstacles. The solution is simple. Move the unlock option to any categorie at lvl 1 (and reduce the cost). Not the next patch, not the next week, TODAY!!

yeah, not gonna happen, cant go back now. guilds have already spent influence to unlock and upgrade to be able to unlock.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Dreamtheater.6487

Dreamtheater.6487

Let´s me see….

Well man, I have to agree with your point, these obstacles doesn’t make sense at all, it goes behind the concept of grinding, we have to farm influence, we have to farm gold, just to play ocassionaly these events, and in the end the prizes will not match the effort and the amount of resources that we spent.

Guild Missions [merged]

Jornophelanthas.1475

Let´s me see….

yeah, not gonna happen, cant go back now. guilds have already spent influence to unlock and upgrade to be able to unlock.

All that would be needed is to add the requirements for building e.g. a Tier 1 Guild Bounty to NOT include “Unlock Guild Bounty”, but instead only require e.g. Art of War IV.
(I should note that Tier 1 Guild Bounties should probably also be rebalanced to be more balanced for 5-man groups with relatively low rewards (e.g. 50% chance to receive 1 Guild Commendation, or 1 rare item otherwise), and not be challenging for large 20+ guild raids, in order to give large guilds more incentive to pay for the actual unlock.)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

Let´s me see….

Guilds already unlock the missions can keep. It is not necessary unlock again.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

“But what if my guild is super small?” you may say? Not to worry—all these missions take place in the persistent world, which gives you the ability to rally people from the surrounding countryside and maybe make some new friends in the process! ~ Leah Rivera

I also remember reading somewhere in the preivews that Guilds of all sizes would be able to participate in these new missions.

Yet with the way this is structured it will take a long time for smaller guilds to even begin to start the basic first guild missions. This system glorifies larger guilds where you are just a number and nothing else. Smaller communities and close friends is what makes guild wars enjoyable.
Even the largest of guilds still have enough influence left over after all the upgrades so the agrument that you need something to spend your influence on is mute.

This system will create a lot of problems including guild recruitment and co-operative play. While anyone will be able to join in these new events the real reward everyone is after, the possibility of getting a precurser, will only be availible to the guild hosting the event. So anone in the map at the time will probably ask for an invite.
I have no problem with this being a method for recruitment as it dose provide opprotunity to get to know people. But how many people are going to join only to leave after they get the chest is probably going to be high. And if you are a large guild with over 500 members the market of precursers is going to be flooded either way. The statistics for getting a precurser from Guild Missions should be only slightly higher then world chest as they are right now. Maybe a garentee of at least one exotic is high enough reward to make Guild Missions rewarding to do.

Most people including myself are just in it for the content. They could care less about precursers or any amount of money or reward. We want to try out this new stuff with our friends because we play this game exactly for that reason. And new content always brings your exsisting friends closer together.

Solution: Remember Guild Halls? Remember how much money one had to spend in order to get a Merchant and other services in Guild Wars 1? This is where the big infulence should come in. Not owning the guild hall itself. That should still be gold currency. But Merchants, Armor, Crafting stations, and various services could be added with influence to customize your Guild Hall.

The Guild Missions is for new content that everyone should be able to experience and get rewarded wheather they are in your guild or not. Higher chances of exotic weapons for Guild members while others who join in still get something. And seeing your guild sponsering these events and doing them often will make others want to try joning your guild.

The current system will only drive those new to guild wars to find larger guild and be just a number. Possibly making a few friends here and there but trying to get anyones attention to help you out in a larger guild is usually difficult.

As for Smaller guilds joining together? Anyone else remember the arguments of leadership in Alliances? How Alliances fell apart due to ones leadership. In order to merge one guild into another someone is going to have to give up their position as a Leader. You loose the name of the guild and everything you built up to then. So either they should bring back the alliance system with shared influence or make the merging process have the ability to keep most of the stuff you have already earned without loosing everything.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kheldras.9517

Kheldras.9517

Well this part of new content is closed to me. Unless i go in a big guild so.. i dont bother with it. Thanks for nothing.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Well this part of new content is closed to me. Unless i go in a big guild so.. i dont bother with it. Thanks for nothing.

I thought the same thing myself.

IMO prices of these unlocks should scale with size and so should the events. 3 sizes Small, medium, and large. But why have something that would work for everyone.

So it looks like over two month wait for my two accessories! I’ll have it in no time /sarcasim…

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Lochlin.9752

Lochlin.9752

Disapointed. My guildmates and I are refugees from World of Warcraft (8yrs) (via SWTOR (6 mos)) and found Guild Wars 2 to be fun, engaging, and we could do everything the big guilds could do, just took a bit more time. We are a small guild, only 13 of us, and we have done what research we could to keep up, but now we find we have been ousted from the gameplay. There is no way in a reasonable amount of time we will be able to participate in all the fun new stuff we were so looking forward to. We were excited because your official announcement made it sound like small guilds would be able to do these as well. I mean come on, bounty hunting!!! Awesome! Oh wait no… Guild Trekking!! Woot! Woot! Wait… no. It is really okay because we are used to this, every mmo we have played in the past has catered to the grossly huge guilds with players who play nonstop, who worry about getting everything first. We are used to this and should have seen it coming. I mean it is called GUILD Wars after all, but we had our hopes that somehow the update would include the small potatos as well. /heavy sigh.

Guild Missions [merged]

Lorelei.7809

Just to give a concept on casual, small-guild influence gain rate, We’ve been putting all but I think 1000 influence into architecture. We’re only halfway to architecture level 4. So long as it requires level 6 architecture before you even get to the 200 influence puzzle…
then it will require 70k influence just to unlock architecture level 6. As long as we spend it ALL on architecture.
We’ve only gained 13k influence over time since the very beginning of the game, which is about 6 months. That means, at our current rate of influence gain, it will take us 2 and 2/3 YEARS just to unlock tier 6. And it will take us… 2 years for the puzzle unlock.

Is it really fair that it should take 5 years for a small guild of about 4-5 active members to get ONE guild mission unlock?! And it has to be the puzzle for us as we’ve already put influence in architecture. And it would take us OVER 5 MORE YEARS to obtain any of the others!

Does this really seem fair?

I thought whether or not you were casual and whether or not your guild was large wasn’t going to factor into content you’d get to play.

ofc you can say we can skip the guild vault, but we’d really like the space since space isn’t very prevalent in the game and even if it cut off a year, what does it matter when it takes about 5?

(edited by Lorelei.7809)