Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Not going to read the entire thread so probably already mentioned, but why didn’t they spread out the different levels through out the research levels.

Research level 2 of Art of War grants Guild Bounty 1
Research level 4 of Art of War grants Guild Bounty 2
Research level 6 of Art of War grants Guild Bounty 3

Research level 2 of Economy grants Guild Trek 1
Research level 4 of Economy grants Guild Trek 2
Research level 6 of Economy grants Guild Trek 3

Research level 5 of Art of War grants Guild Challenge

Research level 6 of Politics grants Guild Rush

Research level 6 of Architecture grants Guild Puzzle

This would have given both smaller and larger guilds access to the content. Sure not all of the content would be accessible to smaller guilds, but they would not feel so much left behind and neglected as now.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Back on topic:

Yes, the only chat channels in GW2 are guild and map.

There is no housing. No place to go and visit.

I’d be hesitant to join a large guild where I would lose the ability to have personal conversations with those I care about.

The problem with this is, someone at ANet will take it to mean that the solution is a private chat. So they’ll implement that and then wonder why everyone is still kittened off.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

I’ll be honest, I thought people were b.s.ing when they said more and more guilds were forcing a 100% rep policy and that small guilds were getting flak from others when recruiting…

until I started seeing it for myself.

I really hope Anet can do something about this. It’s causing an unneeded rift in the community.

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

31 pages and arena.net is still in “mute mode” ?

First all sorry for my english

The lack of communication of arena.net and us is awful, first the legendary transmutation bug waiting months for a decent answer and now this.

I still remember the GW1 launch, without official forums they care a lot for the playerbase, answer many post in Guru to improve the game and tak a lot of feedback and with less people.

Now with official forums, many GM etc.. when this job should be easier they simple tak the " big company path"… they introduce change to the game, they dont reveal the details until 2-3 days before the patch doing the reversal that playerbase need ( Ascend items, Guild missions ), there recive a lot of negative feedback with many open post or big post like this.

They enter in “mute mode” but they answer other minor topics and make joke in some humour post, and now are 2 possible solution, ignoring the feedback ( ascend items ) and think “it will be fine” while players left the game.

Another path rush a update without talk with the community, only giving us a big post where the rage is grewing a lot because we feel ignored, but not taking real time talking with the community to find a good solution.

I was happy at first with the months update, and they are great, Halloween, Christmas etc.. were goood update, but when they have to add “gameplay mode” content like ascend items or guild missions are awful.

To me it seem that they have to rush the update to put 1 each month, if they cant put a big update would be fire or something, im serius, the ascend item and the guild mission seem to be a super big rush and give the players more troubles and headhache that fun, they need a lot of more testing.

To me the months update should be easir things like new zone, dungeon, etc…no new gameplay content more easier to test and design without rush, and if you are going to do this test it properlly , each path we have more bugs and “rushed feel updates”.

I know that arena.net need recover players, but in my case with friends and guild, this 2 updates cause more lost of guild mates and friend and no recover a 1 single player.

One friend my left in ascend items, he play gw2 about 5 years and he love “horizontal gameplay”, he left because ascend items and how is becoming more wow than Gw1 and how arena.net ignore the forum feedback. 3 months later he was curious about the Guild Mission and he was thinking in comeback, but again he check the forum to see the update the story repeat, a lot of negative feedback and arena.net ignoring us , he dont comeback with this words " not again i dont buy this game to raid with big guilds, they are changing the game too much and they dont care about their gw1 players ".

If you want make new gameplay mechanic , put it in expansion with a lot of testing and feedback of the players, and if you are doit in month updates tell the details weeks before to gathering feedback and talk with they communitiy, but the strategy of Blog post 2 days befor ethe upgrade-> patch note in the same minute->Forum suprise about the bad news in the patch->Negative feedback->Ignore the community. is dont working very well.

And i know the answer, we are not ignoring you, we dont post but we are reading carefully….. yes ok, but talk with a wall that dont answer dont feel very well too.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: crimsonhawk.7921

crimsonhawk.7921

Haven´t read the whole thread, but it´s hard to really comment on the Guild Missions considering that I have not done them, because the cost to even TRY them is insane for smaller guilds.

I don´t mind having a long term goal to work for, but I would have liked to at least TRY this new content without having to wait 4 months just to unlock even one of the missions.

Would have been nice if it was tiered so you can get it in steps, rather than having to grind an insane amount of influence just to even try it.

You could alternatively just add some lower tier missions intended for smaller guilds but would still encourage bigger guilds to go for the higher tier content…perhaps something like a participation limit, or diminishing returns the higher the number of participants. . I´m not saying it should be easy missions, just easier to unlock with fewer people.

Could even get creative and make some challenging ones like maybe an insane champion boss or event you fight through in a personal story-like instance, that has a 3-man limit…perhaps something on par in difficulty with 3-man´ing a dungeon/fractal.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Sheriff Bullock.3859

Sheriff Bullock.3859

It’s probably been said before, but some of the issues small guilds are facing with regard to these guild missions could be solved if ANet implemented GW1:Factions-style Alliances. Small guilds could align and discuss strategy in an /alliance chat, but retain their autonomy in other respects. Also, allow any guild in an alliance to donate influence to another guild so that large guilds might help smaller guilds unlock missions/tiers.

The Night’s Watch [FADE] on Gate of Madness

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I still don’t see how this is an issue. Just get 3-5 guildies to do CoF P1 a few times and you will get influence quickly. You can also guest on multiple servers and get groups of people to do Peni/Shelter’s gate farm (each group earns 20 on completion.)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I thought people stopped doing peni/shelter now that a champion is there to kill everyone.

Also if you have 3-5 guildies and get the influence you will not have enough people to complete the event— it states you need 6 min. And the rewards for helping a guild out with these are just like a normal de for those not in the guild so not sure you can get outsiders to be interested in helping you complete it.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

I still don’t see how this is an issue. Just get 3-5 guildies to do CoF P1 a few times and you will get influence quickly. You can also guest on multiple servers and get groups of people to do Peni/Shelter’s gate farm (each group earns 20 on completion.)

You do realize that the bonus influence caps at 2 players, right?

You do realize that IF you already had all the other stuff prior on Art of War unlocked, it’s 30k influence to unlock the first set of guild events?

You do realize that guesting does NOT earn influence, right?

You do realize, once smaller guilds spend the time to unlock the content (even if it takes them 4 months to do so), they will NOT be able to complete the content, as it requires a MUCH larger group to complete some of the guild events?

You do realize, I just made Swiss cheese out of your whole argument that you don’t understand where it’s a problem?

Edit : What makes your argument even more laughable is the fact that you already asked in another thread about influence not working when guesting, so you already shot wholes in your one argument…wow.

(edited by Retrospek.4583)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Retro influence is meant to work when guesting. If you have a member guesting in another world any event he does gives influence to the member on the home world.

I read it in an update note a dev said.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

Retro influence is meant to work when guesting. If you have a member guesting in another world any event he does gives influence to the member on the home world.

I read it in an update note a dev said.

Edit : Correction, it seems that in January, according to the patch notes, you’re right, this is supposed to work. I’ll have to verify it, as I don’t recall this working the last time we guested to another server.

(edited by Retrospek.4583)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Back on topic:

I’d be hesitant to join a large guild where I would lose the ability to have personal conversations with those I care about.

The problem with this is, someone at ANet will take it to mean that the solution is a private chat. So they’ll implement that and then wonder why everyone is still kittened off.

There already is private chat. I often use it to talk to people when I have to leave the spot where they’re hanging around. Or if I want to have a conversation in Troll’s Arch . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

Back on topic:

There already is private chat. I often use it to talk to people when I have to leave the spot where they’re hanging around. Or if I want to have a conversation in Troll’s Arch . . .

No… there is an ability to whisper… which allows you to have a private conversation with exactly 1 user.

That is very different than being able to create a channel for multiple people to converse in… similar to party chat, squad chat, guild chat, map chat….

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You do realize that the bonus influence caps at 2 players, right?

You do realize that IF you already had all the other stuff prior on Art of War unlocked, it’s 30k influence to unlock the first set of guild events?

You do realize that guesting does NOT earn influence, right?

You do realize, once smaller guilds spend the time to unlock the content (even if it takes them 4 months to do so), they will NOT be able to complete the content, as it requires a MUCH larger group to complete some of the guild events?

You do realize, I just made Swiss cheese out of your whole argument that you don’t understand where it’s a problem?

Edit : What makes your argument even more laughable is the fact that you already asked in another thread about influence not working when guesting, so you already shot wholes in your one argument…wow.

First, you get 100 Influence if your whole party is your guild when you do a dungeon. I just did that at Honor of the Waves (story mode) last night. That part works just fine, including the one night we did Citadel of Flame path 1 (for some of us our first time) and later on I found them doing Twilight Arbor (story).

Secondly, we took a look at the cost to unlocks and said “well that’s not good, guess it’ll be a little longer”. As of right now, we’ve decided to chip in some gold to help out as we need to and make an effort to do more stuff if we can. And we fully expect to fail guild bounties the first time . . . there’s a one-sentence story I bring up: “Anyone remember the first Urgoz run I was in for, the six hour tour?” I think we eventually got it down to two and a half, but we did keep at it regularly until we learned how to deal with it.

Lastly, Influence while guesting . . . I think it works, but since every server has their own Influence/Upgrade history . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Back on topic:

No… there is an ability to whisper… which allows you to have a private conversation with exactly 1 user.

That is very different than being able to create a channel for multiple people to converse in… similar to party chat, squad chat, guild chat, map chat….

Oh! Oh that.

I haven’t seen that since “The Realm”.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

You know, I have to wonder if they’ll tack on the guild merit requirements to every guild thing they add after this to keep them “useful”.

Small guilds will love it if guild halls come out and we can’t build them due to not having enough people to run the merit missions.

One would then wonder why such a small group requires a guild hall. It would be like building a YMCA for a family of 4.
Maybe you can build a guild tent or something =)

I realize this is off-topic, but I wanted to respond:

Our 4 person guild, back in DAoC, had a mansion, 2 houses and a cottage. These were outdoor buildings in a large neighborhood (think zone).

The mansion became the place for us to house our trophies, have a place to call “home away from home”, a place to “hearthstone” to, a place to store items the in guild vault for sharing and a place to offer some of top tier gear for fellow players to purchase (and sometimes bargained for when they couldn’t afford to pay the full price). Between the mansion and the houses, we provided crafting stations, merchants and teleport NPCs for the neighborhood.

We often had folks come by to just hang out and talk.

The memorable one was the night a young man in another guild in our alliance found out his mother had cancer. He lived in England, we were in Northern CA.

He didn’t just want to “talk” via an impersonal chat channel, he wanted, using his character to actually “be” there “face to face” with someone he knew cared, someone who was his mother’s age, someone he called “mom” in game, so he didn’t feel so alone.

We sat side by side in the small homey cottage and chatted for a while.

There were other incidents in game where someone’s friend had passed, or they just wanted a quiet place to hang out, or wanted some advice.

Although many players for years after housing went in DAoC talked about how it damaged community, I always remember that particular incident and was glad there was a “safe” place for my young friend to go.

Back on topic:

Agreed! I’m not sure why we get the snarkiness of, ‘Your itty bitty guild can have a shack. Tee. Hee.’ We had a little guild on LOTRO, with a fully stocked kin house (and I really liked the instance items you can put in as trophies, but they never offered enough of those, sadly, what with becoming so store-focused)

No one ‘needs’ a guild hall. No one ‘needs’ a game. It’s part of the overall experience, like player housing, MOUNTS (ahem – if you put mounts in your artwork, some might start hoping for usable mounts in game)

I don’t see a ‘needs of the many’ vs ‘few’ here. I see no reason why we can’t have both. Little guilds having halls – and missions – does not undercut what a large guild gets. (unless they just want to be super-exclusive, in which case, they shouldn’t get anything, & should be sent to their rooms)

Guild Missions [merged]

Chuo.4238

Back on topic:

That’s what I meant by private chat. Creating a channel that only people you invite can join. And it wouldn’t surprise me if ANet decided that this was the solution to this whole small guild vs large guild mission problem. Meaning they’ll completely miss the point, because that’s what they seem to do.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

I would think the absolute easiest solution – changing nothing of missions or unlocks – would be to give better rewards to those who help a guild complete a mission. (something in the area of personal commendations, or whatever that currency is) Not the guild commendations, perhaps, but at least the personal ones. That would let guilds introduce themselves, in a way, and let others help out (and this game was heavily focused on helping – why not now?) Guilds might find new members that way – organically – if someone is particularly helpful. Players might find a guild they really like by DOING, not by advertizing or submitting applications. You might think, ‘Oh, I like these people! Ask to join!’ That would totally remove the ‘have to join big guild’ requirement that’s developed now.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Trashman.8596

Trashman.8596

The new guild missions are pretty bad, especially for smaller guilds. I’m in a medium sized guild with around 179 players and only 20 players are active at one time or another.

When we started the guild missions, we had no idea what to do, with little to no direction. It was extremely difficult to track down bounty targets with our limited personnel and even more difficult to fight against them.

Our 20 man team + around six to eight other volunteers literally got wiped out a number of times, only to fail because of the timer. I think it would be best if they get rid of the time limit.

Which tier did you try? My guild only had 20 people as well and we did tier 1 and 2 a few times in one night.

Venkas
Ehmry Bay/Haven Community
A Commander sometimes

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

The increased world boss rewards and of loot in general is what I believe to be what balances all this.

Ok so you’re a tight knit group? Then BE a tight knit group and play the game as you have been, farm up some gold and buy the influence. You as a guild can bunny hop from world boss to boss. The increased quality in loot ensures you’ll have what you need in a week or two (depending on play style or alts).

Now, does it suck that you have to spend all that influence on a completely irrelevant PvP tree? Sure but once all is said and done are you REALLY gonna care anymore?

No. Because you’ll have what you want.

Best thing for small guilds is to bite the bullet, cut your way through the tree and be done with it.

No, because the members are paying the price out of their own pockets, while many large Guild members don’t have to do so. In short, they are being punished for being small, as if that was inherently a bad thing, which obviously it isn’t.

Best thing to do for small Guilds, really, is NOT to pay a dime or spend influence on irrelevant trees at all, and wait until a better system is implemented, if it ever does. It’s just not worth the hassle and sacrifice for most smaller Guilds, I would imagine.

Of course the above means they cannot get (or at least, can’t obtain any time soon) Ascended gear the “Guild mission-way”, but that’s ANet’s fault (no offense)-the small Guild is not to blame for just being small.

Do you want to enjoy legendaries? Then you have to work/pay for it.
Do you want the rewards at the end of a dungeon? Then you have to work/pay for it
Do you want to enjoy guild missions? Then you have to have to work/pay for it.

This is an MMO. The name of the game is longevity. Larger guilds with stocks of inf now have a reason to BE a large guild. Small guilds now have a goal that they can towards and if they’re such a tight knit group as everyone claims they are, then the journey should serve to bring them closer together.

Is it gonna take longer? Yes.

(edited by Moderator)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: bufko.2497

bufko.2497

Small guilds don’t need a “guild hall”, but they surely need a “guild home”. Anyone caring to bet if they will get one when the halls arrive?

Guild Missions [merged]

Oreoz.2573

And WP costs don’t mean squat. I don’t care who you are. You could amass up to 25s in costs running around the world but ya know what?

One teensie weensie dungeon takes care of that.
Plus the increased loot rewards from bosses.

So I don’t wanna hear it.

The ONLY way WP costs should be affecting you negatively is if for some god forsaken reason you’re trying to see how many zones you can WP to in 15 minutes or something.

A mission that costs more than it gives is a badly designed mission, infact it promotes the idea that players go for their one boss then don’t helpanymore as they already got their chest.

Well luckily that’s not the case since you could WP 6 times during a mission for 30s…….cept the reward at the end is 50s and a guaranteed rare or higher.

WP costs still don’t matter.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Striker.4853

Striker.4853

Can someone tell me how many player commendation you win in each tier? They say its weekly so if i do a tier 1 i wont win on a tier 3?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

Yes, but nobody likes feeling left out. For a feature as important to the game as guild missions nobody in a guild of any size should have had to feel like this content was as gated as it does feel. If they wanted people to be willing to work for guild missions they should have had at least one that was easy to unlock. Give them a taste so they have something to drive them to work for while still having something fun to do with your guild and feeling like you are making some progress. The way it is now barring a big change many will simply not even bother with guild missions. And worst of all it will divide the community even more.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

Do you want the rewards at the end of a dungeon? Then you have to work/pay for it

The first two are rewards and are primarily focused on cosmetics.
The last is saying you have to WORK/PAY to play supposedly “free” content. Hmm… And as far as that goes anyway, how much WORK is it exactly to join a 400 man guild and be another faceless name?

This is an MMO. The name of the game is longevity. Larger guilds with stocks of inf now have a reason to BE a large guild. Small guilds now have a goal that they can towards and if they’re such a tight knit group as everyone claims they are, then the journey should serve to bring them closer together.

This is just silly. If large guilds add nothing inherently to our game experience, why should they be encouraged at all? Why should new guilds be discouraged from ever forming?

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Guild Missions [merged]

Oreoz.2573

The last is saying you have to WORK/PAY to play supposedly “free” content. Hmm… And as far as that goes anyway, how much WORK is it exactly to join a 400 man guild and be another faceless name?

This is just silly. If large guilds add nothing inherently to our game experience, why should they be encouraged at all? Why should new guilds be discouraged from ever forming?

You’re only faceless if you refuse to put yourself out there and meet people. I’m in a guild of 200 people. I was just made a Lt. because of my ongoing efforts to bring people together which has been a very enjoyable experience for me and my guild. So quit with that stupid assumption. And the content IS free. I mean pay with gold.

Well the idea about new guilds is that if they enjoy playing the game, then there’s no reason not to assume they won’t continue playing the game they enjoy to work towards a common goal that will FURTHER increase said enjoyment.

Noone is discouraging them. People take one look at the time it takes to gain access to these rewards and instead of reveling in the challenge and continuing to have fun in the game i ASSUME they’ve enjoyed up to this point, they outright QQ all over the place.

1 month.

That’s literally how much time it would take at MAX if a guild of five members actually made an effort to buy the influence.

Worth complaining about?

Nope.

Time must be spent before a reward can be enjoyed. It’s the same for large guilds as well.

The only difference here will be how much time and that’s not worth complaining about.

Because if so, I may as well whine and moan about how somebody used his large guild to help get him the world first legendary.

Oh wait, nobody cares that he did that?

Then why are we complaining that some guilds are gonna have to work harder than others, people?

HMMMMMM?

(edited by Oreoz.2573)

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Small guilds don’t need a “guild hall”, but they surely need a “guild home”. Anyone caring to bet if they will get one when the halls arrive?

I’ll lay 50 Silver that if Guild Halls arrive you won’t just be issued one, much like you couldn’t just HAVE a hall in GW1. You will either need to go get something to show you earned it or pay for it.

And you people can hold me to that.

Guild Missions [merged]

Oreoz.2573

I was just thinking that. It seems like small guilds are expected to ‘WORK/PAY’ whereas large guilds get this handed to them without effort. (other than a lot of people logging on daily, I guess)

Anyway, people like that keep trying to divert the point, which has nothing to do with ‘having stuff handed to you’ or ‘refusing to WORK/PAY.’ It’s about how small guilds can take part in missions at all, & finding some solution that Anet can actually implement without changing their plan too much. I think such people are just being willfully blind at this point – or not listening. I’ve kind of tired of trying to explain.

eta: Also, people recommending huge guilds have put me off far more than I’d been previously. What an attitude! I mean, who wouldn’t want to put up with THAT each time you log in?

Rep a large guild. Do the missions when they have them. Enjoy the content.

Once that’s over, rep the small guild you’re in until such time you guys can take part in your own missions. Like I said, that’d take a month MAX to buy the influence if you work a little towards it.

All you have to do is switch back and forth. Problem solved.

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

New problem: Large guilds and members of a few have said a lot they don’t want "leechers’. And you could in theory get caught up in that definition since you’re not fully devoting yourself to Harbingers of The Blackety Black Dawn of Twilight.

Guild Missions [merged]

Oreoz.2573

New problem: Large guilds and members of a few have said a lot they don’t want "leechers’. And you could in theory get caught up in that definition since you’re not fully devoting yourself to Harbingers of The Blackety Black Dawn of Twilight.

then find a large guild who doesn’t think that way?

Not everyone thinks the same just because a couple guys in-game/on the forums said so.

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

then find a large guild who doesn’t think that way?

Not everyone thinks the same just because a couple guys in-game/on the forums said so.

New problem: But that involves effort, and time, and trying to be sociable.

Though, of course, you still can sift through all that stuff and look for a proper fit for yourself. It’s that there are people who would rather not have to devote time to it when . . . in their view . . . this content probably could have just been open to them immediately.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

You’re only faceless if you refuse to put yourself out there and meet people. I’m in a guild of 200 people. I was just made a Lt. because of my ongoing efforts to bring people together which has been a very enjoyable experience for me and my guild. So quit with that stupid assumption. And the content IS free. I mean pay with gold.

Faceless presence is the only effort required. You are just telling me about stuff you can do, but it has nothing to do with this so-called notion of “earning” the right to play guild missions. As an aside… is very odd that you consider things you must “WORK/PAY” for “free,” I must say.

Well the idea about new guilds is that if they enjoy playing the game, then there’s no reason not to assume they won’t continue playing the game they enjoy to work towards a common goal that will FURTHER increase said enjoyment.

Noone is discouraging them. People take one look at the time it takes to gain access to these rewards and instead of reveling in the challenge and continuing to have fun in the game i ASSUME they’ve enjoyed up to this point, they outright QQ all over the place.

Have you ever recruited for a new guild before? Maybe you are talking about a circle of 20 friends all deciding that GW2 is the game for them or something.

1 month.

That’s literally how much time it would take at MAX if a guild of five members actually made an effort to buy the influence.

Worth complaining about?

Nope.

With all the waiting and farming people are forced into for this game, another month is the last thing they need. Of course it is going to take a whole lot longer for them to get ascended earrings… or they could join an established large guild and have earrings in 2 weeks (before they are even level 80?).

Time must be spent before a reward can be enjoyed. It’s the same for large guilds as well.

The idea that more stuff to grind is a reward for grinding is so warped, I don’t know where to begin.

The only difference here will be how much time and that’s not worth complaining about.

Because if so, I may as well whine and moan about how somebody used his large guild to help get him the world first legendary.

Oh wait, nobody cares that he did that?

Then why are we complaining that some guilds are gonna have to work harder than others, people?

HMMMMMM?

Uh… If a bunch of people want to give someone a legendary, what do I care? Your leap of logic is amazing…

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Baldmeora.2376

Baldmeora.2376

ok just tryed t1 with my guild well 2 groups of my guild which is about the most we can field at one time maybe 3 if well planed around everyones work/kids/time zones.
so here is the problems i see
1) small guilds cant do this as intended
– 20 player min…..from the boss we did find 2 groups and we just wiped in a chain one hit from mesmer dude in brisbane wildlands took half of mine and other warriors health and good luck for the squish .
– 15 min time limit… only means that unless you send at least one person to each location before you start and have them hold them near a waypoint or have 20-30 people plus. you cant start it and then find them turning this into not as intended you have to track them first then pop the bounty kinda makes no sense since im betting the idea was to get bounty then go find them and kill them. which if you try that way you eat up way to much time unless you have 20-30 people for t1.

2) influence isnt that bad but what if my guild didnt want to do the bounty or well as seen today cant due to lack of numbers/time restriction. which means we also cant do the guild rush or trek or puzzle. which now means we we are barred from doing more. unless we recruit more people or team up with another guild but that would be great but oh wait there is no guild alliances in gw2 and there is also no 20 man group for content like this which there should be and it would help for wvw as well

3) i truthfully dont know if your scaling systems is working right for this. if the mob scales to those fighting it and on the other side idk if we were scaled down during the fight but like i said they both need to be happening cause getting 2 hit as one of the heaviest people in my guild and i have shout heals something is not right here.

4) the bountys regen is one thing but it was going back up to full mid fight from like 75% as were attacking it thats not regen

Guild Missions [merged]

Baldmeora.2376

so what i would do to fix this system

1) put guild alliances in the game this is a mmo and every mmo i have played in th past 10 years has had them why not gw2 .seems like taking a step back here. also make it so if you help your alliance guild you get credit as well maybe not as much but something.

2) PUT 20 MAN GROUPS IN FOR WVW AND BOUNTY MISSIONS. again should have been in from the start since you have wvw there is no reason that a 20 man organized group system shouldn’t be in this game. as the commander system you have right now is just a zerg inducing system and there is no organization to a zerg.

3) drop the timer to a day or 4 hours to go find and finish said bounty’s. this will allow ample time for to find and get completion without playing the system. and will also allow others in the zone to join in which i thought was the idea but i guess i was wrong on that. and also only allow one to be active at a time guild/alliance wise

4)fix the scaling so anywhere from one group to 20 groups can fight the mob and it still be a tough fight. also if it doesnt pop you back to you true level and gear then it needs to for everyone near said bounty.

(edited by Baldmeora.2376)

Guild Missions [merged]

Baldmeora.2376

another thing that would help is allow guild to pick which one the start with adding the guild merits to the next one they pick then the next onebe the next tier of cost and so on makes more sense

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

I made this for another thread, but it sort of fits into this one.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Economy-5-AND-6/first#post1556025

Today we all grouped up for our first guild mission, bounty. So after figuring it all out and organising people we did it, got the reward and had fun. Everyone loved it, and we all wanted to just do more.
So I tell them it is a week to unlock the next type of mission, when a guild corrects me and tells me that we in fact have to wait 17 days. A week for economy 5 and then 10 days for economy 6.
I was gutted as I am sure many are about this, but my biggest problem is not that it would take a week to get the next type of mission: because we sort of knew that, but that then there is another after that which is even longer! I mean why?
All this does is stop our guild from doing them, a small to medium sized guild, that can not afford to spend influence on speeding it up. Now instead of enjoying this content slowy but at a releasable pace, we get to spend 17 days doing normal stuff.
My guild gets about 30 to 50 people online on a weekend, most are busy so we have a small window on which to organise this and now everyone is disappointed. Also at that rate it is going to take us months to get to Guild Puzzles, the one most of us want.
Please remove one of them, it is pointless and strengths the argument that this is content aimed only at large guilds. Until now I thought it was just aimed at normal sized ones but I am rethinking my position.
I also have another fear and that is that new members might seek a even bigger guild to do them, one who can wast thousands of influence getting them fast.
I understand the price to research them, but not the time. It is pointless.
From a happy GW2 player, with a active medium sized guild.

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Leohan.1096

Leohan.1096

Like to remind everyone this is a place to post your thoughts about the guild mission system, not to let others ruffle your potato chips, or look down upon others, or call people names, please lets all be civil, I really do not want a moderator to come in here and have an excuse to shut down this conversation. As I am sure Anet is just looking for an excuse to silence the dissent, their new update as caused.

“New guild missions: opinions & concerns”

Is the title of this post, everyone has a right to what they have to say, making a post about bashing others, is not constructive and contributes nothing of value to the collective effort, this thread is meant to be.

If anyone asks what I have I done to contribute, these are my posts.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-guild-missions-opinions-concerns/page/20#post1530126

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-guild-missions-opinions-concerns/page/21#post1532724

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-guild-missions-opinions-concerns/page/27#post1542575

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-guild-missions-opinions-concerns/page/29#post1545156

Also shout out to Matipzieu KyA.9613, the best post so far I have read.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-guild-missions-opinions-concerns/page/14#post1522077

Edited:
Thank you Ghanto.9784, for pointing out my “accuse” mistake, changed to “excuse”, hopefully now the sentence makes more sense.

Guild: Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]
World: Isle of Janthir (NA)

(edited by Leohan.1096)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

I’d just like someone to tell me AN’s reasoning behind making us wait three days to unlock the quests, without me having to read this whole bloated thread. Because none of the reasons I can think of make much sense to me. I was thinking at first that maybe it was to give smaller guilds a chance to get their art of war ranking up or something, but realistically how much could they accomplish in three days? So the whole thing just seems like a big tease to me. If they wanted to make us wait three more days, why not just wait three more days to put the patch out? If they weren’t sure it was all ready for prime time, that would have been the best way to go about it. Anyway, I’m not crying about it, I’m just genuinely curious. Can someone point me to a AN post that gives an official explanation for it?

Afaik, there is no such post. However, some in this thread are already reporting about doing bounties. I believe it is possible to speed up the “research” process by spending even more influence. My guild leader in chat said something like, “75K influence for a 25% increase in research speed, not worth it.”

Yeah, my guild leader said pretty much the same thing – which I don’t blame him for. And unfortunately because he went ahead and queued us for other multiple missions, and because of the way the system is implemented, the original three day wait we had for the first queued mission is now an additional week. So the most exciting thing in the patch for me, the guild missions, I end up having to wait at least ten days after the patch to experience. Again, this just seems very poorly implemented to me – so I score AN a D-grade on this patch. Why would you get players all excited for new content, make them wait in anticipation weeks/months, finally release it to your eager, excited customers – then tell them they have to wait an additional x-many days to actually enjoy any of it? Sorry, I’m still waiting for the explanation that makes any sense on this.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

You know, I have to wonder if they’ll tack on the guild merit requirements to every guild thing they add after this to keep them “useful”.

Small guilds will love it if guild halls come out and we can’t build them due to not having enough people to run the merit missions.

One would then wonder why such a small group requires a guild hall. It would be like building a YMCA for a family of 4.
Maybe you can build a guild tent or something =)

Oh, I don’t know.
Maybe all us RP guilds that will likely use them far more than a guild five to ten times our size would find some use for them?

Guild Missions [merged]

Ghanto.9784

Like to remind everyone this is a place to post your thoughts about the guild mission system, not to let others ruffle your potato chips, or look down upon others, or call people names, please lets all be civil, I really do not want a moderator to come in here and have an accuse to shut down this conversation. As I am sure Anet is just looking for an accuse to silence the dissent, their new update as caused.

“New guild missions: opinions & concerns”

Is the title of this post, everyone has a right to what they have to say, making a post about bashing others, is not constructive and contributes nothing of value to the collective effort, this thread is meant to be.

Well, I think the word you’re looking for is “excuse”, not “accuse”, but your point is well taken and I agree. It’s silly for people to be on here bad-mouthing large guilds or small guilds, etc., since the only people really responsible for how the new missions were implemented is AN. No sense in taking your anger and frustration out on anyone else.

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

I made this for another thread, but it sort of fits into this one.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Economy-5-AND-6/first#post1556025

Today we all grouped up for our first guild mission, bounty. So after figuring it all out and organising people we did it, got the reward and had fun. Everyone loved it, and we all wanted to just do more.
So I tell them it is a week to unlock the next type of mission, when a guild corrects me and tells me that we in fact have to wait 17 days. A week for economy 5 and then 10 days for economy 6.
I was gutted as I am sure many are about this, but my biggest problem is not that it would take a week to get the next type of mission: because we sort of knew that, but that then there is another after that which is even longer! I mean why?
All this does is stop our guild from doing them, a small to medium sized guild, that can not afford to spend influence on speeding it up. Now instead of enjoying this content slowy but at a releasable pace, we get to spend 17 days doing normal stuff.
My guild gets about 30 to 50 people online on a weekend, most are busy so we have a small window on which to organise this and now everyone is disappointed. Also at that rate it is going to take us months to get to Guild Puzzles, the one most of us want.
Please remove one of them, it is pointless and strengths the argument that this is content aimed only at large guilds. Until now I thought it was just aimed at normal sized ones but I am rethinking my position.
I also have another fear and that is that new members might seek a even bigger guild to do them, one who can wast thousands of influence getting them fast.
I understand the price to research them, but not the time. It is pointless.
From a happy GW2 player, with a active medium sized guild.

Sorry to tell you but you need to add a week to that timer :/ since you need to get the guild trek unlocker upgrade too.

sucks doesn’t it? ha we rushed economy level 5 for 200k influence to cut a week off

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Cora.9745

Cora.9745

I was just thinking that. It seems like small guilds are expected to ‘WORK/PAY’ whereas large guilds get this handed to them without effort. (other than a lot of people logging on daily, I guess)

Anyway, people like that keep trying to divert the point, which has nothing to do with ‘having stuff handed to you’ or ‘refusing to WORK/PAY.’ It’s about how small guilds can take part in missions at all, & finding some solution that Anet can actually implement without changing their plan too much. I think such people are just being willfully blind at this point – or not listening. I’ve kind of tired of trying to explain.

eta: Also, people recommending huge guilds have put me off far more than I’d been previously. What an attitude! I mean, who wouldn’t want to put up with THAT each time you log in?

Rep a large guild. Do the missions when they have them. Enjoy the content.

Once that’s over, rep the small guild you’re in until such time you guys can take part in your own missions. Like I said, that’d take a month MAX to buy the influence if you work a little towards it.

Shall I announce up front that I’m just using them, or let them guess? Shall I tell them I have no interest in 200 ‘friends,’ nor the success of their guild, because I’m spending time with my own family & friends?

Great system.

How about this? No.

Well it depends on whether or not you have people skills and ability to compromise and profess your situation in a kind, logical manner to a GM who’s (dare i say it) MATURE.

I’m guessing you have none of those skills.

Pot calling the kettle black there!

The people who insult and put others down are the ones who are immature and lacking in people skills.

Dalishya Aibreann=80R/80T/80EL Eternal Night-Crystal Desert

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

I thought about why they delay us by so many weeks to get quests and realise it gives them at least 2 weeks per mission to finish the mission and do bug fixes.

Even if a large guild rushed to the next mission, costing them probably around a million influence only they would get to play it meaning a small group would have it when it was buggy and they would have time to fix it.

The patch is 99% a placeholder for content that isn’t tested I would guess, just like the first 2 days involve fixing bugs of bounty.

Guild Missions [merged]

Chuo.4238

The people who insult and put others down are the ones who are immature and lacking in people skills.

Agree.

And they’re the ones that give the mods the excuses they look for in order to shut down threads. Don’t give them a reason.

Carry on

Guild Missions [merged]

Ghanto.9784

I thought about why they delay us by so many weeks to get quests and realise it gives them at least 2 weeks per mission to finish the mission and do bug fixes.

Even if a large guild rushed to the next mission, costing them probably around a million influence only they would get to play it meaning a small group would have it when it was buggy and they would have time to fix it.

The patch is 99% a placeholder for content that isn’t tested I would guess, just like the first 2 days involve fixing bugs of bounty.

Yeah, that was basically one of the reasons I considered in my first post on the matter, but like I said then I’d rather they just delayed the patch in order to test it longer. If they weren’t sure it was ready for prime time, it shouldn’t have been released. The way they’ve implemented it, you end up with just as many frustrated and angry players as you would if the missions were seriously bugged and not able to handle thousands of clients at once, so the end result is the same: a bunch of frustrated, angry customers.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

So if I’m not online when my guild use the guild quest I’ll never have the itens? at least fractals and daily quest could be done at anytime. Need another way to get ascended accessory, maybe fractal could do it too or any other thing that I can done any time I want. Create one guild and lvl up it just to do it the time I want isnt a viable option.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Icepick.5210

Icepick.5210

You can buy the ascended accessories for laurels and ectos. What exactly do you want? There are thousands of us who are in guilds who will never even have the influence to buy into guild events. Guess what, we’ll still get our ascended accessories.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

guild missions should have higher duration or should be able to active more often.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Guild Missions [merged]

Chuo.4238

So it seems to me that what all this really boils down to is the Ascended Gear.

If the carrot wasn’t BiS gear, then most small guilds would be fine with having the missions at their own pace, for their own sake.

If you didn’t have to grind out Fractals (which isn’t for everyone) in order to get a BiS backpiece, most folks would be fine with Fractals. They’d play or not as desired. Now I realize you can get a backpiece out of the MF with a recipe, but that’s so stupid expensive it doesn’t really make you feel any better about having to do Fractals if that’s not your cup of tea.

Everyone is equal when it comes to the amulets (despite how annoying the timegating is) because nobody has any particular advantage over anyone else, and the dailies can be accomplished pretty much anywhere just by playing the game.

See the difference, ArenaNet? People just want to play the game. I, personally, feel like I’m starting to be buried into an Ascended pit that I can’t dig my way out of fast enough. I think alot of others do, too.

Please, for the love of Guild Wars, stop now with the Ascended gear. Fundamentally, this is what is kittening people off. We have backpieces and a complete set of accessories. Let’s leave it at that, and just get on with the business of making a really good game instead. That way, when you implement new stuff, people will actually be excited about it.

(edited by Chuo.4238)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Mint Rubber.6543

Mint Rubber.6543

Eventually they’ll make the ascended trinkets available through other means too (fractal daily drops for example).
If they don’t they must realize that they’ll have a lot of angry people out there.
You can’t just advertise your game as “play how you want” when the new shiny stuff is behind some sort of gated content.

Warrior of Seafarer’s Rest EU